PDA

View Full Version : Wimbledon 2013 plus Congrats to Andy Murray (Not football but the boy done good.)

Pages : [1] 2 3

Treadstone
21-06-2013, 09:29 AM
I'll start off the Wimbledon thread.

Possible Rafa-Roger QF.

Nadal, Federer and Murray all play on day one. So either Rafa or Andy on court one surely. Murray usually plays tea-time so BBC can maximise their audience. I'm predicting centre court for Andy after Roger opens up and then a ladies match.

Treadstone
21-06-2013, 09:33 AM
Andy plays Benjamin Becker who he beat at Queens last week. Djokovic biggest winner regarding draw.

Treadstone
21-06-2013, 09:37 AM
Possible QF match-ups

Djokovic vs. Berdych, Ferrer vs. Del Potro, Nadal vs. Federer and Tsonga vs. Murray

Treadstone
21-06-2013, 10:14 AM
Early prediction having just caught a glimpse of the draws. No British woman to make it out of first round. LTA get your tin helmets on. Baltacha and Watson look as though they may have a chance but Keys has been decent of late. Current world rankings in brackets.

Laura Robson (37) vs Maria Kirilenko (10)
Elena Baltacha (185) vs Flavia Pennetta (158)
Johanna Konta (137) vs Jelena Jankovic (16)
Anne Keothavong (215) vs Garbine Muguruza (70)
Samantha Murray (232) vs Camila Giorgi (93)
Heather Watson (57) vs Madison Keys (53)
Tara Moore (198) vs Kaia Kanepi (46)

Sir David Gray
21-06-2013, 10:50 AM
I'll start off the Wimbledon thread.

Possible Rafa-Roger QF.

Nadal, Federer and Murray all play on day one. So either Rafa or Andy on court one surely. Murray usually plays tea-time so BBC can maximise their audience. I'm predicting centre court for Andy after Roger opens up and then a ladies match.

:grr::take that

Treadstone
21-06-2013, 01:09 PM
:grr::take that

Work getting in the way again FH ? Complete your misery and say that glamourpuss ladies match of Sharapova vs Mladenovic has a chance of being the filling to Federer and Murray on centre court.

Sir David Gray
21-06-2013, 04:30 PM
Work getting in the way again FH ? Complete your misery and say that glamourpuss ladies match of Sharapova vs Mladenovic has a chance of being the filling to Federer and Murray on centre court.

No, I've been off yesterday and today.

Actually just came on here earlier to put that thread up. :na na:

:wink:

Treadstone
21-06-2013, 04:37 PM
No, I've been off yesterday and today.

Actually just came on here earlier to put that thread up. :na na:

:wink:

See ya on here during the fortnight. :aok:

PS Never seen the bolded part as was looking on phone.

Sir David Gray
21-06-2013, 04:42 PM
See ya on here during the fortnight. :aok:

PS Never seen the bolded part as was looking on phone.

I'm away down there for week 1 so won't be around here too much.

Hopefully Murray will still be in there by the time I get home a week on Tuesday.

jodjam
21-06-2013, 07:00 PM
It's a good draw for Murray. Also playing day 1 can help if rain later in the fortnight.

If q/f go by seedings then hopefully nadal and fed have a right long match.

I fancy Murray to win it this time.

Sir David Gray
21-06-2013, 07:27 PM
Quite gutted that Federer and Nadal could meet in the quarter finals.

It's Novak Djokovic who has come out of it with the best draw. Realistically, he has a passage to the final. I can't see anyone stopping him from getting there.

Treadstone
22-06-2013, 07:46 AM
Quite gutted that Federer and Nadal could meet in the quarter finals.

It's Novak Djokovic who has come out of it with the best draw. Realistically, he has a passage to the final. I can't see anyone stopping him from getting there.

Disagree about Federer-Nadal be brilliant for the mens game to have a grand slam epic before the last four.

HUTCHYHIBBY
22-06-2013, 02:04 PM
Early prediction having just caught a glimpse of the draws. No British woman to make it out of first round. LTA get your tin helmets on. Baltacha and Watson look as though they may have a chance but Keys has been decent of late. Current world rankings in brackets.

Laura Robson (37) vs Maria Kirilenko (10)
Elena Baltacha (185) vs Flavia Pennetta (158)
Johanna Konta (137) vs Jelena Jankovic (16)
Anne Keothavong (215) vs Garbine Muguruza (70)
Samantha Murray (232) vs Camila Giorgi (93)
Heather Watson (57) vs Madison Keys (53)
Tara Moore (198) vs Kaia Kanepi (46)

Always enjoy watching Kirilenko!

Sir David Gray
22-06-2013, 04:25 PM
Disagree about Federer-Nadal be brilliant for the mens game to have a grand slam epic before the last four.

I just think back to some of the finals that these two have had against each other, in particular the one at Wimbledon in 2008 which was arguably the greatest tennis match in the history of the sport and I just think it's a shame that one of these great champions will be knocked out by the quarter finals.

I understand why Nadal has been seeded number five for this tournament but I think a tournament is lacking something if those two, along with Murray and Djokovic, are not the top four seeds.

Treadstone
22-06-2013, 04:44 PM
I just think back to some of the finals that these two have had against each other, in particular the one at Wimbledon in 2008 which was arguably the greatest tennis match in the history of the sport and I just think it's a shame that one of these great champions will be knocked out by the quarter finals.

I understand why Nadal has been seeded number five for this tournament but I think a tournament is lacking something if those two, along with Murray and Djokovic, are not the top four seeds.

Wimbledons hands were tied, its okay people saying where Nadal should be seeded (US show PTI on ESPN was particularly scathing) but Ferrer has worked just as hard for his seeding. If people were wanting Rafa seeded higher so there wasn't a blockbuster clash before the last four, then whats the point of rankings ? If thats the case then tournaments wouldn't have to look at the rankings and just have an arbitrary list of seeds.

I have said before that Rafa-Roger is now possibly fourth most anticipated match-up these days, possibly a bit higher at Wimbledon, but there could be three consecutive rounds of blockbuster proportions. Rafa-Roger, Andy-Rafa/Roger and Nole-Andy/Rafa/Roger. Great stuff.

Sir David Gray
22-06-2013, 05:46 PM
Wimbledons hands were tied, its okay people saying where Nadal should be seeded (US show PTI on ESPN was particularly scathing) but Ferrer has worked just as hard for his seeding. If people were wanting Rafa seeded higher so there wasn't a blockbuster clash before the last four, then whats the point of rankings ? If thats the case then tournaments wouldn't have to look at the rankings and just have an arbitrary list of seeds.

I have said before that Rafa-Roger is now possibly fourth most anticipated match-up these days, possibly a bit higher at Wimbledon, but there could be three consecutive rounds of blockbuster proportions. Rafa-Roger, Andy-Rafa/Roger and Nole-Andy/Rafa/Roger. Great stuff.

I understand that Ferrer has done well for himself and deserves respect. He is a great player in his own right but, with all due respect, he is not Rafael Nadal.

The one and only reason for why David Ferrer is ranked higher than Rafael Nadal just now is because Nadal was out injured for 7 months. The current world rankings are not a true reflection of reality.

The rankings aren't always the only thing that tournament organisers will look at when deciding the seedings. Even in this year's tournament, the AELTC have altered the seedings. Mikhail Youzhny, for example, is the 20th seed despite being ranked eight places below that and there's plenty of other examples in the seedings this year where a player's ranking does not match up with where they are seeded for the tournament.

Wimbledon say that they take a player's grass court performances into account when sorting out the seedings. David Ferrer's best performance at Wimbledon was last year when he reached the quarter finals. Prior to that, he had never been past the fourth round. Rafael Nadal, on the other hand, is a two time Wimbledon champion and with the exception of last year, which was the beginning of his fitness problems, he has never failed to reach the final since 2005.

On one level, I understand why they've done what they've done but on another level, I think they could have used their discretion a bit more.

Treadstone
22-06-2013, 06:18 PM
I understand that Ferrer has done well for himself and deserves respect. He is a great player in his own right but, with all due respect, he is not Rafael Nadal.

The one and only reason for why David Ferrer is ranked higher than Rafael Nadal just now is because Nadal was out injured for 7 months. The current world rankings are not a true reflection of reality..

Injuries are a reality as well. Nadal clearly aimed his comeback on the side of caution to limit his hard court schedule. Rafa is clearly a better player than Ferrer on any surface but I don't think that should entitle him to a preferential seeding.

Sir David Gray
22-06-2013, 07:01 PM
Injuries are a reality as well. Nadal clearly aimed his comeback on the side of caution to limit his hard court schedule. Rafa is clearly a better player than Ferrer on any surface but I don't think that should entitle him to a preferential seeding.

Injuries are a reality, I agree with that and if all other players had been seeded in accordance with their current ranking then I would say that Nadal should just get on with things.

However that's not the case (I refer back to my point about Youzhny being seeded eight places higher than his present world ranking) and so I don't see why the same couldn't have happened in Nadal's case, considering the fact that he's a former Wimbledon champion and Ferrer has such a modest record on grass, in comparison.

PatHead
22-06-2013, 07:05 PM
Stuff Nadal playing Federer as the shock at Wimbledon. Falkirk Hibee not starting the thread is the big Wimbledon shock this year. By the way what other British players are in the tournament this year?

PatHead
22-06-2013, 07:08 PM
Injuries are a reality, I agree with that and if all other players had been seeded in accordance with their current ranking then I would say that Nadal should just get on with things.

However that's not the case (I refer back to my point about Youzhny being seeded eight places higher than his present world ranking) and so I don't see why the same couldn't have happened in Nadal's case, considering the fact that he's a former Wimbledon champion and Ferrer has such a modest record on grass, in comparison.

Look at it from Ferrer's side. He has a higher world ranking just now, reached the last grand slam final and went further than Nadal at Wimbledon last year. Can see both arguments.

Sir David Gray
22-06-2013, 07:22 PM
Look at it from Ferrer's side. He has a higher world ranking just now, reached the last grand slam final and went further than Nadal at Wimbledon last year. Can see both arguments.

Losing to Nadal. :wink:

Also, despite the fact that Lukas Rosol played the match of his life last year against Nadal, it was clear with hindsight that Nadal was far from fit at last year's tournament.

Sir David Gray
22-06-2013, 07:25 PM
Stuff Nadal playing Federer as the shock at Wimbledon. Falkirk Hibee not starting the thread is the big Wimbledon shock this year. By the way what other British players are in the tournament this year?

Men

Andy Murray
James Ward
Kyle Edmund

Women

Laura Robson
Heather Watson
Johanna Konta
Elena Baltacha
Tara Moore
Anne Keothavong
Samantha Murray

Scouse Hibee
22-06-2013, 07:42 PM
Will this be Murray's year....................I doubt it.

Treadstone
22-06-2013, 07:43 PM

Not really an argument Pat, just playing devils advocate. I think the biggest gripe most people have is a bottom half of the draw that has three of the big four. The committee have to be as fair to Ferrer as to any player and thats an excellent point you make on his behalf.:top marks

Is Youznys' lofty seeding by virtue of his grass court play in comparison to the players he has leapfrogged ? I know that they can only take grass court results over a certain period of time and not a historical CV which is correct or Sampras might have had a chance of getting seeded! A move from 28 to 20 may only be the difference a good tournament can make. Going past the highest seeds would require a more highly consistent grass court season based on the amount of points the top players in the game accrue.

Just had a wee look and the difference between Youzny and 20th in the rankings is the same as between Nadal and Ferrer (325). Of course Wimbledon have been seeding innovators before ridiculously making Evert and Navratilova joint #1 seeds in 1985. I also think they may have been first grand slam to seed 32 players.

Sir David Gray
22-06-2013, 09:30 PM

It'll be tough but I don't see why not.

I'm assuming he's going to make the semis and it will be a difficult match against either Nadal or Federer (I'm assuming they both meet in the quarter finals). If he manages to beat them then he'll probably play Djokovic in the final. Another hard match but the biggest thing he has now is experience of winning a Grand Slam and he has also been to the Wimbledon final now too.

I think Murray will be confident of his chances this year but I think Djokovic will rightly be the overwhelming favourite and I think he's the man to beat.

hibsbollah
22-06-2013, 10:01 PM
Djokovic will lose to Florian Meyer in the first round. 33/1 is available. Thats my contribution :aok:

Sir David Gray
22-06-2013, 10:07 PM
Djokovic will lose to Florian Meyer in the first round. 33/1 is available. Thats my contribution :aok:

I'll have a puff of whatever you've been on. :wink:

hibsbollah
22-06-2013, 10:16 PM
I'll have a puff of whatever you've been on. :wink:

Bath of beans?

Sir David Gray
22-06-2013, 10:19 PM
Bath of beans?

Gladly.

There's no chance Novak Djokovic will lose to Florian Mayer over five sets.

Treadstone
23-06-2013, 01:03 PM
DAY 1 MONDAY 24 JUNE

Centre Court
1.00pm

GENTLEMEN'S SINGLES - FIRST ROUND

Victor Hanescu (http://www.wimbledon.com/en_GB/players/overview/atph528.html) (ROU)v
Roger Federer (http://www.wimbledon.com/en_GB/players/overview/atpf324.html) (SUI) [3]

LADIES' SINGLES - FIRST ROUND

Kristina Mladenovic (http://www.wimbledon.com/en_GB/players/overview/wta315616.html) (FRA)v
Maria Sharapova (http://www.wimbledon.com/en_GB/players/overview/wta310137.html) (RUS) [3]

Benjamin Becker (http://www.wimbledon.com/en_GB/players/overview/atpb896.html) (GER)v
Andy Murray (http://www.wimbledon.com/en_GB/players/overview/atpmc10.html) (GBR) [2]

Treadstone
23-06-2013, 01:04 PM

Maria Joao Koehler (http://www.wimbledon.com/en_GB/players/overview/wta314757.html) (POR)v
Victoria Azarenka (http://www.wimbledon.com/en_GB/players/overview/wta312001.html) (BLR) [2]

Rafael Nadal (http://www.wimbledon.com/en_GB/players/overview/atpn409.html) (ESP) [5]v
Steve Darcis (http://www.wimbledon.com/en_GB/players/overview/atpd632.html) (BEL)

Lleyton Hewitt (http://www.wimbledon.com/en_GB/players/overview/atph432.html) (AUS)v
Stanislas Wawrinka (http://www.wimbledon.com/en_GB/players/overview/atpw367.html) (SUI) [11]

Sir David Gray
23-06-2013, 05:46 PM
DAY 1 MONDAY 24 JUNE

Centre Court
1.00pm

Victor Hanescu (http://www.wimbledon.com/en_GB/players/overview/atph528.html) (ROU)v
Roger Federer (http://www.wimbledon.com/en_GB/players/overview/atpf324.html) (SUI) [3]

Kristina Mladenovic (http://www.wimbledon.com/en_GB/players/overview/wta315616.html) (FRA)v
Maria Sharapova (http://www.wimbledon.com/en_GB/players/overview/wta310137.html) (RUS) [3]

Benjamin Becker (http://www.wimbledon.com/en_GB/players/overview/atpb896.html) (GER)v
Andy Murray (http://www.wimbledon.com/en_GB/players/overview/atpmc10.html) (GBR) [2]

That's what I expected the order of play to be for tomorrow on Centre Court. Federer was always going to open up the tournament, considering he's the defending champion and Murray was always going to be on last for prime time viewing.

Should be good and Hewitt v Wawrinka should be one to look forward to on Court 1 as well although I expect Wawrinka to win that one.

jodjam
23-06-2013, 08:25 PM
I think nole won't come thru his half. I fancy Murray to get to the final but reckon there will be some shocks in the other half.

HUTCHYHIBBY
23-06-2013, 08:27 PM

Why do you even bother with this anymore SH? ;-)

Sir David Gray
23-06-2013, 08:44 PM
I think nole won't come thru his half. I fancy Murray to get to the final but reckon there will be some shocks in the other half.

Who's going to beat him?

Possible route;

1st round-Florian Mayer (Through in 3 sets)
2nd round-Steve Johnson (Through in 3 sets)
3rd round-Jeremy Chardy (Through in 3 sets)
4th round-Tommy Haas (Through in 4 sets)
Quarter finals-Tomas Berdych (Through in 4 sets)
Semi finals-David Ferrer (Through in 3 sets)

Other big names in that half are;

Richard Gasquet
Milos Raonic
Phillipp Kohlschreiber
Kei Nishikori
Juan Martin Del Potro

Del Potro could maybe give him a decent match but I still don't see him beating Djokovic over five sets.

I don't see any of the big four losing to anyone other than someone else in the big four.

Treadstone
23-06-2013, 08:49 PM
Who's going to beat him?

Possible route;

1st round-Florian Mayer (Through in 3 sets)
2nd round-Steve Johnson (Through in 3 sets)
3rd round-Jeremy Chardy (Through in 3 sets)
4th round-Tommy Haas (Through in 4 sets)
Quarter finals-Tomas Berdych (Through in 4 sets)
Semi finals-David Ferrer (Through in 3 sets)

Other big names in that half are;

Richard Gasquet
Milos Raonic
Phillipp Kohlschreiber
Kei Nishikori
Juan Martin Del Potro

Del Potro could maybe give him a decent match but I still don't see him beating Djokovic over five sets.

I don't see any of the big four losing to anyone other than someone else in the big four.

Beat me to it FH. Actually think his second round is easier than his first. Bet Novak got a cracking nights sleep after seeing his draw.

Scouse Hibee
23-06-2013, 09:09 PM
Why do you even bother with this anymore SH? ;-)

I like people to taste their own medicine :wink:

Sir David Gray
23-06-2013, 10:22 PM
I know it's a bit late notice but does anyone fancy adding a bit of excitement to this thread over the next fortnight by having a prediction league?

1 point if you predict the correct winner of a match but not the correct score (in terms of number of sets) and 3 points if you get the correct winner and score (number of sets).

e.g. if you predict that Novak Djokovic will beat Florian Mayer in 3 sets and he actually wins in 4 sets then you get 1 point, you get 3 points if he wins in 3 sets.

No points on offer if a player retires hurt before the end of a match or if a player gets a walkover.

I'll go first for tomorrow's matches;

Federer v Hanescu - FEDERER IN 3 SETS
Murray v Becker - MURRAY IN 3 SETS
Nadal v Darcis - NADAL IN 3 SETS
Wawrinka v Hewitt - WAWRINKA IN 4 SETS
Cilic v Baghdatis - CILIC IN 4 SETS
Tsonga v Goffin - TSONGA IN 3 SETS
Janowicz v Edmund - JANOWICZ IN 3 SETS
Tipsarevic v Troicki - TIPSAREVIC IN 3 SETS
Fognini v Melzer - MELZER IN 5 SETS
Ward v Lu - WARD IN 4 SETS
Youzhny v Haase - YOUZHNY IN 4 SETS
Almagro v Zopp - ALMAGRO IN 3 SETS
Lacko v Ram - LACKO IN 5 SETS
Andujar v Mannarino - MANNARINO IN 5 SETS
Mahut v Hajek - MAHUT IN 4 SETS
Robert v Falla - FALLA IN 5 SETS
Kubot v Andreev - KUBOT IN 4 SETS
Roger-Vasselin v Gulbis - GULBIS IN 5 SETS
Gicquel v Pospisil - POSPISIL IN 4 SETS
Brown v Garcia-Lopez - GARCIA-LOPEZ IN 3 SETS
Dutra Silva v Stakhovsky - STAKHOVSKY IN 4 SETS
Kuznetsov v Montanes - MONTANES IN 5 SETS
Ungur v Paire - PAIRE IN 3 SETS
Monaco v Knittel - MONACO IN 3 SETS
Isner v Donskoy - ISNER IN 4 SETS
Kamke v Benneteau - BENNETEAU IN 3 SETS
Verdasco v Malisse - MALISSE IN 5 SETS
Robredo v Bogomolov Jr - ROBREDO IN 4 SETS
Matosevic v Rufin - RUFIN IN 4 SETS
Stepanek v Reid - STEPANEK IN 3 SETS
Reister v Rosol - ROSOL IN 3 SETS
De Schepper v Lorenzi - LORENZI IN 5 SETS

Sir David Gray
23-06-2013, 10:25 PM
Just watched a really good programme on BBC 1 tonight on Andy Murray.

Really tough watching him speak about the Dunblane massacre and it gave a great insight into what he is really like as a person.

Treadstone
23-06-2013, 11:01 PM
Wawrinka v Hewitt - HEWITT IN 4 SETS
Cilic v Baghdatis - CILIC IN 3 SETS
Tsonga v Goffin - TSONGA IN 4 SETS
Janowicz v Edmund - JANOWICZ IN 3 SETS
Tipsarevic v Troicki - TIPSAREVIC IN 4 SETS
Fognini v Melzer - MELZER IN 3 SETS
Ward v Lu - LU IN 4 SETS
Youzhny v Haase - YOUZHNY IN 3 SETS
Lacko v Ram - LACKO IN 4 SETS
Andujar v Mannarino - ANDUJAR IN 4 SETS
Mahut v Hajek - MAHUT IN 3 SETS
Robert v Falla - FALLA IN 3 SETS
Roger-Vasselin v Gulbis - GULBIS IN 3 SETS
Gicquel v Pospisil - POSPISIL IN 5 SETS
Brown v Garcia-Lopez - GARCIA-LOPEZ IN 4 SETS
Kuznetsov v Montanes - MONTANES IN 4 SETS
Isner v Donskoy - ISNER IN 3 SETS
Kamke v Benneteau - BENNETEAU IN 4 SETS
Verdasco v Malisse - MALISSE IN 4 SETS
Robredo v Bogomolov Jr - BOGOMOLOV IN 4 SETS
Matosevic v Rufin - MATOSEVIC IN 4 SETS
Stepanek v Reid - STEPANEK IN 4 SETS
De Schepper v Lorenzi - DE SCHEPPER IN 4 SETS

HUTCHYHIBBY
23-06-2013, 11:39 PM
I like people to taste their own medicine :wink:

There cannae be many biters left!

Sir David Gray
24-06-2013, 09:49 AM
Anyone else interested in doing the prediction league?

If so, please get them in before play begins at 11:30am.

Don't be put off by the large number of matches, that number halves every two days! :wink:

bingo70
24-06-2013, 09:51 AM
I know it's a long shot but just stuck a wee bet on Nadal/Sharapova double, fiver on it gets me back about £180.

Both should be there or there abouts and serena williams has got to lose some time

BarneyK
24-06-2013, 09:59 AM
Wawrinka v Hewitt - Hewitt in 5 sets
Cilic v Baghdatis - Cilic in 3 sets
Tsonga v Goffin - TSONGA IN 4 sets
Janowicz v Edmund - JANOWICZ IN 4 sets
Tipsarevic v Troicki - TIPSAREVIC IN 4 sets
Fognini v Melzer - MELZER IN 5 SETS
Ward v Lu - WARD IN 5 sets
Youzhny v Haase - Haas in 5 sets
Almagro v Zopp - ALMAGRO IN 4 sets
Roger-Vasselin v Gulbis - GULBIS IN 4 sets
Kuznetsov v Montanes - MONTANES IN 5 SETS
Monaco v Knittel - MONACO IN 4 sets
Isner v Donskoy - ISNER IN 5 sets
Verdasco v Malisse - Verdasco in 4 sets
Robredo v Bogomolov Jr - Robredo in 5 sets
Stepanek v Reid - STEPANEK IN 4 sets
Reister v Rosol - ROSOL IN 4 sets
De Schepper v Lorenzi - LORENZI IN 3 sets

Sylar
24-06-2013, 10:10 AM
Good idea FH

Wawrinka v Hewitt - WAWRINKA in 4 sets
Cilic v Baghdatis - CILIC in 5 sets
Tsonga v Goffin - TSONGA IN 3 sets
Janowicz v Edmund - JANOWICZ IN 3 sets
Tipsarevic v Troicki - TIPSAREVIC IN 3 sets
Fognini v Melzer - FOGNINI IN 3 SETS
Ward v Lu - WARD IN 5 sets
Youzhny v Haase - HAASE in 3 sets
Almagro v Zopp - ALMAGRO IN 4 sets
Lacko v Ram - LACKO IN 3 SETS
Roger-Vasselin v Gulbis - GULBIS IN 4 SETS
Gicquel v Pospisil - POSPISIL IN 3 SETS
Kuznetsov v Montanes - KUZNETSOV IN 4 SETS
Monaco v Knittel - MONACO IN 4 SETS
Isner v Donskoy - ISNER IN 4 SETS
Verdasco v Malisse - VERDASCO in 3 SETS
Robredo v Bogomolov Jr - ROBREDO in 3 SETS
Stepanek v Reid - STEPANEK IN 4 SETS
Reister v Rosol - REISTER IN 5 SETS
De Schepper v Lorenzi - LORENZI IN 3 SETS

JimBHibees
24-06-2013, 10:40 AM
Wawrinka v Hewitt - WAWRINKA IN 5 SETS
Cilic v Baghdatis - CILIC IN 3 SETS
Tsonga v Goffin - TSONGA IN 3 SETS
Janowicz v Edmund - JANOWICZ IN 4 SETS
Tipsarevic v Troicki - TROIKI IN 5 SETS
Fognini v Melzer - MELZER IN 4 SETS
Ward v Lu - LU in 3 SETS
Youzhny v Haase - YOUZHNY IN 5 SETS
Mahut v Hajek - MAHUT IN 3 SETS
Robert v Falla - ROBERT IN 4 SETS
Kubot v Andreev - ANDREEV IN 4 SETS
Roger-Vasselin v Gulbis - GULBIS IN 3 SETS
Brown v Garcia-Lopez - GARCIA-LOPEZ IN 4 SETS
Kuznetsov v Montanes - KUTSETSOV IN 5 SETS
Isner v Donskoy - ISNER IN 3 SETS
Verdasco v Malisse - MALISSE IN 4 SETS
Robredo v Bogomolov Jr - ROBREDO IN 4 SETS
Stepanek v Reid - STEPANEK IN 3 SETS
De Schepper v Lorenzi - LORENZI IN 5 SETS

AngusHibby
24-06-2013, 10:46 AM
Anyone off to wimbledon this year? Managed to land some tickets for the Saturday. Can't wait!

Sir David Gray
24-06-2013, 11:02 AM
Anyone off to wimbledon this year? Managed to land some tickets for the Saturday. Can't wait!

I'll be there on Friday and other family members are there on Saturday.

AngusHibby
24-06-2013, 11:06 AM
Excellent stuff, do you know what big players are likely to be playing on the Saturday?

Sir David Gray
24-06-2013, 11:14 AM
Excellent stuff, do you know what big players are likely to be playing on the Saturday?

Novak Djokovic
Gilles Simon
Tommy Haas
Richard Gasquet
Tomas Berdych
David Ferrer
Milos Raonic
Kei Nishikori
Juan Martin Del Potro

Treadstone
24-06-2013, 11:22 AM

Sports stars get introduced to the centre court crowd on the Saturday, guaranteed to be full of Olympians.

Sylar
24-06-2013, 11:35 AM
Thought about heading into London for a day and down to Wimbledon but I don't have any match tickets - is it still possible to get into the complex and watch on Murray Mound or is everything ticketed?

Sir David Gray
24-06-2013, 11:58 AM
Thought about heading into London for a day and down to Wimbledon but I don't have any match tickets - is it still possible to get into the complex and watch on Murray Mound or is everything ticketed?

If you're prepared to queue, you can get a ground pass which gets you access to the grounds of Wimbledon (including Murray mound), you can also see any action that's on any of the courts outside of Centre, Court 1 and Court 2.

Think it's only about £15.

If you're there early enough, they hold back about 500 tickets for Centre Court for those that queue on the day. Probably need to queue overnight though to get that!

Sylar
24-06-2013, 12:00 PM
Cheers FH.

Elena Baltacha out already after losing comfortably inside 1h 14 mins, 6-4 6-1 to Flavia Panetta

Sylar
24-06-2013, 01:44 PM
Federer through, disposing of Hanescu in straight sets 6-3, 6-2, 6-0.

Scary moment earlier for Victoria Azarenka as she twisted awkwardly on her knee, resulting in her screaming and crying into the turf.

She returned to see out the match.

Treadstone
24-06-2013, 02:46 PM
Can we not put Andrew Castle back on the GMTV sofa ?

hibsbollah
24-06-2013, 02:47 PM
For those who know more about the sport than me; where are the bad guys?

Of the top players, Federer is the definition of 'nice', if a bit sickly sweet, Noones got a bad word to say about Nadal, Tsonga is reportedly a good guy, Djokovic is popular, and outside a particular breed of Little Englander, Murray is now well liked by everyone. Is there any genuine bad guys on the circuit like Nastase McEnroe and to a certain extent Connors used to be? :dunno:

Sylar
24-06-2013, 03:58 PM

Of the top players, Federer is the definition of 'nice', if a bit sickly sweet, Noones got a bad word to say about Nadal, Tsonga is reportedly a good guy, Djokovic is popular, and outside a particular breed of Little Englander, Murray is now well liked by everyone. Is there any genuine bad guys on the circuit like Nastase McEnroe and to a certain extent Connors used to be? :dunno:

Not so much the men's circuit but I find Serena Williams to be an odious piece of work.

Treadstone
24-06-2013, 03:58 PM
Jerzy Janowicz, through against a Brit already. Harder matches and we can light the fuse. High hopes for him in the racquet and verbal abuse stakes.

Treadstone
24-06-2013, 04:00 PM

The father of Bernard Tomic as well is a head case.

Treadstone
24-06-2013, 04:24 PM
Nadal down 2-0. BBC have switched to it now. Darcis played a fantastic tie-break. Real resolve shown.

Sylar
24-06-2013, 04:39 PM
Nadal down 2-0. BBC have switched to it now. Darcis played a fantastic tie-break. Real resolve shown.

3-1 down in the 3rd set too! What a huge upset this would be!!!

Treadstone
24-06-2013, 04:53 PM
Darcis will at least serve for the set 5-3 Nadal to serve. The nerves will be fraught. Incredible 'get' from Darcis in that game.

Teapot
24-06-2013, 04:55 PM
Darcis will at least serve for the set 5-3 Nadal to serve. The nerves will be fraught. Incredible 'get' from Darcis in that game.

Nadals struggling big time. Always been a big fan of Nadal, shame to see him play like this.

jodjam
24-06-2013, 05:02 PM
What an upset. Lad played great. No more arguments about seeded 5th now :)

Sylar
24-06-2013, 05:04 PM
Quite stunning really...

Murray 2-0 sets over Becker.

HUTCHYHIBBY
24-06-2013, 05:11 PM
What an upset. Lad played great. No more arguments about seeded 5th now :)

Great result for Murray! :thumbsup:

Sylar
24-06-2013, 05:32 PM
Murray comfortable in 3 sets against Becker :thumbsup:

LancashireHibby
24-06-2013, 05:39 PM
Even at a couple of games up in the third set, I got 8/13 on Darcis winning the set and 2/9 overall. Printing money.

Sir David Gray
24-06-2013, 06:43 PM
Sad to see Nadal exiting Wimbledon so early for the second year in a row.

Big advantage now to Federer who must surely fancy his chances of reaching the semis now.

Hope it doesn't signal another long injury layoff like last year.

Sir David Gray
24-06-2013, 06:46 PM
James Ward loses in four sets to Lu Yen-hsun and the Taiwanese player will now play Andy Murray in round two.

Sir David Gray
24-06-2013, 07:06 PM
Anne Keothavong gets hammered 6-4 6-0 by a Wimbledon debutant.

Ten British players started in the tournament this year and after just one day's play, only four remain and three of those players haven't even played yet!

Only Andy Murray has booked his place in round two so far.

Treadstone
24-06-2013, 07:23 PM
Anne Keothavong gets hammered 6-4 6-0 by a Wimbledon debutant.

Ten British players started in the tournament this year and after just one day's play, only four remain and three of those players haven't even played yet!

Only Andy Murray has booked his place in round two so far.

Seen Muguruza before think she is pretty decent. Actually one of Keothavongs better recent Wimbledon perfomances, second set excepted obviously. Placed a roll up on all GB women getting beat in first round. Four out three to go. Tara Moore should lose, so down to Watson and Robson versus Keys and Kirilenko respectively. Robson been terrible of late and just can't see her winning. Keys and Watson have similar rankings but at the moment Keys has more of an upward trajectory.

As I said before LTA get your tin helmets on.

Sir David Gray
24-06-2013, 07:36 PM
Lleyton Hewitt rolls back the years to defeat 11th seed Stanislas Wawrinka in straight sets.

Things have really opened up for Hewitt in that section as he was in the same section as Rafael Nadal so I would now say that he stands a great chance of going on to play Roger Federer in the quarter finals.

Sir David Gray
24-06-2013, 08:49 PM
After day one of the predictor, the table looks like this;

1-JimBHibees-49
2-Treadstone-45
3-The Story So Far...-40
4-FalkirkHibee-37
5-BarneyK-32

All scores are, to the best of my knowledge, 100% correct. If anyone spots any errors, please let me know!

Sir David Gray
24-06-2013, 09:27 PM
Predictions for day 2;

Djokovic v Mayer - DJOKOVIC IN 3 SETS
Reynolds v Johnson - JOHNSON IN 4 SETS
Kavcic v Struff - KAVCIC IN 4 SETS
Harrison v Chardy - CHARDY IN 4 SETS
Simon v Lopez - SIMON IN 5 SETS
Berankis v Mathieu - MATHIEU IN 3 SETS
Odesnik v Wang - ODESNIK IN 5 SETS
Tursunov v Haas - HAAS IN 3 SETS
Gasquet v Granollers - GASQUET IN 3 SETS
Haider-Maurer v Soeda - SOEDA IN 4 SETS
de Bakker v Blake - DE BAKKER IN 3 SETS
Tomic v Querrey - QUERREY IN 4 SETS
Anderson v Rochus - ANDERSON IN 4 SETS
Petzschner v Przysiezny - PETZSCHNER IN 3 SETS
Brands v Gimeno-Traver - BRANDS IN 3 SETS
Klizan v Berdych - BERDYCH IN 3 SETS
Ferrer v Alund - FERRER IN 3 SETS
Bautista-Agut v Gabashvili - BAUTISTA-AGUT IN 5 SETS
Zeballos v Giraldo - GIRALDO IN 4 SETS
Elias v Dolgopolov - DOLGOPOLOV IN 3 SETS
Raonic v Berlocq - RAONIC IN 3 SETS
Kuznetsov v Sijsling - SIJSLING IN 4 SETS
Duckworth v Kudla - DUCKWORTH IN 4 SETS
Dodig v Kohlschreiber - KOHLSCHREIBER IN 3 SETS
Nishikori v Ebden - NISHIKORI IN 3 SETS
Mayer v Bedene - MAYER IN 5 SETS
Llodra v Nieminen - NIEMINEN IN 4 SETS
Istomin v Seppi - SEPPI IN 4 SETS
Dimitrov v Bolelli - DIMITROV IN 3 SETS
Zemlja v Russell - RUSSELL IN 4 SETS
Pella v Levine - LEVINE IN 3 SETS
Ramos v Del Potro - DEL POTRO IN 3 SETS

BarneyK
25-06-2013, 07:55 AM
In spite of correctly predicting the Hewitt result, I'll clearly have to up my game or the wooden spoon beckons. Here goes -

Djokovic v Mayer - Djokovic in 3 sets
Reynolds v Johnson - Reynolds in 5 sets
Kavcic v Struff - Kavcic in 3 sets
Harrison v Chardy - Chardy in 4 sets
Simon v Lopez - Simon in 3 sets
Berankis v Mathieu - Mathieu in 4 sets
Odesnik v Wang - Odesnik in 4 sets
Tursunov v Haas - Haas in 3 sets
Gasquet v Granollers - Gasquet in 5 sets
Haider-Maurer v Soeda - Soeda in 4 sets
de Bakker v Blake - De Bakker in 5 sets
Tomic v Querrey - Tomic in 4 sets
Anderson v Rochus - Rochus in 5 sets
Petzschner v Przysiezny - Przysiezny in 4 sets
Brands v Gimeno-Traver - Brands in 5 sets
Klizan v Berdych - Berdych in 4 sets
Ferrer v Alund - Ferrer in 3 sets
Bautista-Agut v Gabashvili - Gabashvili in 4 sets
Zeballos v Giraldo - Giraldo in 3 sets
Elias v Dolgopolov - Dolgopolov in 4 sets
Raonic v Berlocq - Raonic in 4 sets
Kuznetsov v Sijsling - Kuznetsov in 5 sets
Duckworth v Kudla - Kudla in 4 sets
Dodig v Kohlschreiber - Kohlscheriber in 4 sets
Nishikori v Ebden - Nishikori in 3 sets
Mayer v Bedene - Mayer in 3 sets
Llodra v Nieminen - Nieminen in 5 sets
Istomin v Seppi - Seppi in 4 sets
Dimitrov v Bolelli - Dimitrov in 4 sets
Zemlja v Russell - Zemlja in 4 sets
Pella v Levine - Levine in 4 sets
Ramos v Del Potro - Del Potro in 4 sets

JimBHibees
25-06-2013, 08:27 AM
Djokovic v Mayer - DJOKOVIC IN 4 SETS
Harrison v Chardy - HARRISON IN 4 SETS
Simon v Lopez - SIMON IN 3 SETS
Berankis v Mathieu - MATHIEU IN 3 SETS
Tursunov v Haas - HAAS IN 4 SETS
de Bakker v Blake - BLAKE IN 4 SETS
Anderson v Rochus - ANDERSON IN 3 SETS
Ferrer v Alund - FERRER IN 4 SETS
Kuznetsov v Sijsling - SIJSLING IN 4 SETS
Duckworth v Kudla - DUCKWORTH IN 4 SETS
Mayer v Bedene - MAYER IN 5 SETS
Llodra v Nieminen - NIEMINEN IN 5 SETS
Istomin v Seppi - ISTOMIN IN 4 SETS
Zemlja v Russell - RUSSELL IN 3 SETS
Pella v Levine - LEVINE IN 3 SETS

Treadstone
25-06-2013, 08:29 AM
Reynolds v Johnson - REYNOLDS IN 4 SETS
Harrison v Chardy - CHARDY IN 3 SETS
Simon v Lopez - SIMON IN 4 SETS
Berankis v Mathieu - BERANKIS IN 4 SETS
Odesnik v Wang - ODESNIK IN 4 SETS
Haider-Maurer v Soeda - HAIDER_MAURER IN 4 SETS
Tomic v Querrey - QUERREY IN 3 SETS
Anderson v Rochus - ANDERSON IN 3 SETS
Petzschner v Przysiezny - PETZSCHNER IN 4 SETS
Brands v Gimeno-Traver - BRANDS IN 4 SETS
Bautista-Agut v Gabashvili - GABASHVILI IN 3 SETS
Kuznetsov v Sijsling - SIJSLING IN 3 SETS
Duckworth v Kudla - KUDLA IN 4 SETS
Dodig v Kohlschreiber - KOHLSCHREIBER IN 4 SETS
Mayer v Bedene - MAYER IN 4 SETS
Istomin v Seppi - ISTOMIN IN 4 SETS
Dimitrov v Bolelli - DIMITROV IN 4 SETS
Zemlja v Russell - ZEMLJA IN 4 SETS
Pella v Levine - LEVINE IN 5 SETS

Sylar
25-06-2013, 09:09 AM
Kavcic v Struff - KAVCIC IN 3 SETS
Harrison v Chardy - CHARDY IN 3 SETS
Simon v Lopez - SIMON IN 4 SETS
Berankis v Mathieu - MATHIEU IN 4 SETS
Anderson v Rochus - ANDERSON IN 4 SETS
Elias v Dolgopolov - ELIAS IN 4 SETS
Kuznetsov v Sijsling - KUZNETSOV IN 5 SETS
Duckworth v Kudla - KUDLA IN 4 SETS
Mayer v Bedene - MAYER IN 3 SETS
Istomin v Seppi - SEPPI IN 3 SETS
Zemlja v Russell - RUSSELL IN 4 SETS
Pella v Levine - LEVINE IN 4 SETS

I found it harder today as I don't know a lot of those playing!

Sir David Gray
25-06-2013, 09:55 AM
I'm now leaving to go down south in the next 20 minutes or so and won't be back until next Monday night.

The only access I may have to the internet during that time could be on my mobile so trying to update the scores on such a small screen could be a nightmare.

If possible, could others possibly update the league table until I return?

If not then I'll just update it all when I get back next week.

Cheers!

PS-I'll still come on my phone and post my own predictions.

Treadstone
25-06-2013, 10:24 AM
I'm now leaving to go down south in the next 20 minutes or so and won't be back until next Monday night.

The only access I may have to the internet during that time could be on my mobile so trying to update the scores on such a small screen could be a nightmare.

If possible, could others possibly update the league table until I return?

If not then I'll just update it all when I get back next week.

Cheers!

PS-I'll still come on my phone and post my own predictions.

FH I will update and post. I can also put up the schedule for the next day as well if you like. All you will have to do is post your predictions.

jodjam
25-06-2013, 11:10 AM
If pollen levels are high in London today for the istomin v seppi match then the Italian should be ok as he's anti-istomin.

I'll get ma coat

Sir David Gray
25-06-2013, 11:58 AM
FH I will update and post. I can also put up the schedule for the next day as well if you like. All you will have to do is post your predictions.

Cheers for that.

I might be ok to do it as I might have access to an ipad so as long as I have wifi then I should be fine.

If yesterday's anything to go by then you're quite welcome to post my predictions as well!!

JimBHibees
25-06-2013, 01:25 PM
If pollen levels are high in London today for the istomin v seppi match then the Italian should be ok as he's anti-istomin.

I'll get ma coat

Quite right too, take your hat as well. :greengrin

Treadstone
25-06-2013, 01:30 PM
Cheers for that.

I might be ok to do it as I might have access to an ipad so as long as I have wifi then I should be fine.

If yesterday's anything to go by then you're quite welcome to post my predictions as well!!

Have a wee relaxing day FH. I am on top of it all today.

Treadstone
25-06-2013, 01:38 PM
Pella v Levine in the fifth set, Pella retires, how will i score this ?:confused:

Sir David Gray
25-06-2013, 02:26 PM
Pella v Levine in the fifth set, Pella retires, how will i score this ?:confused:

The match is null and void if a player retires.

HUTCHYHIBBY
25-06-2013, 04:34 PM
Great effort by Laura Robson to win in two sets v Maria Kirilenko (10th seed).

Shame to see Maria go though! ;-)

hibsbollah
25-06-2013, 04:51 PM
That was very impressive from Robson. She has a power game that you can imagine would trouble even the top womens seeds. She certainly didnt look inferior to Sharapova, judging on yesterdays match anyway.

Sir David Gray
25-06-2013, 05:41 PM
That was very impressive from Robson. She has a power game that you can imagine would trouble even the top womens seeds. She certainly didnt look inferior to Sharapova, judging on yesterdays match anyway.

I haven't seen any of today's matches due to being stuck in a car for the last 7 hours (only an hour left though!!!).

However I was at Robson's match v Sharapova a couple of years ago and although she lost, she had plenty of chances.

Kirilenko's a good player so that's a good win for her. She now has a pretty favourable draw over the next couple of rounds so she should now be looking to make it to the second week.

Maybe it won't just be left to Andy Murray for a change!

Treadstone
25-06-2013, 08:13 PM
Last match just finished. Two retirements so null and void you can check your score is correct against your results.

SSF
FH
Barney
Jim
Tread

Djokovic v Mayer
Djokovic in 3

Reynolds v Johnson
Reynolds in 5

Kavcic v Struff
Struff in 3

Harrison v Chardy
Chardy in 4

Simon v Lopez
Lopez in 3

Berankis v Mathieu
Mathieu in 4

Odesnik v Wang
Wang in 5

Tursunov v Haas
Haas in 3

Gasquet v Granollers
Gasquet in 4

Haider-Maurer v Soeda
Soeda in 3

de Bakker v Blake
Blake in 3

Tomic v Querrey
Tomic in 5

Anderson v Rochus
Anderson in 3

Petzschner v Przysiezny
Przysiezny in 3

Brands v Gimeno-Traver
Brands in 5

Klizan v Berdych
Berdych in 3

Ferrer v Alund
Ferrer in 4

Bautista-Agut v Gabashvili
Bautista-Agut in 3

Zeballos v Giraldo
Giraldo in 5

Elias v Dolgopolov
Dolgopolov in 3

Raonic v Berlocq
Raonic in 3

Kuznetsov v Sijsling
Sijsling in 3

Duckworth v Kudla
Kudla in 5

Dodig v Kohlschreiber
RETIRED

Nishikori v Ebden
Nishikori in 3

Mayer v Bedene
Mayer in 3

Llodra v Nieminen
Llodra in 3

Istomin v Seppi
Seppi in 5

Dimitrov v Bolelli
Dimitrov in 3

Zemlja v Russell
Zemlja in 4

Pella v Levine
RETIRED

Ramos v Del Potro
Del Potro in 3

Totals for Tuesday

Treadstone
25-06-2013, 08:14 PM
Tremendously hard fought today and exceptionally close. FalkirkHibee takes the daily honours 1pt ahead of a 3 way dead heat for second.

Running totals:
1-JimBHibees-49 (Monday) + 38 (Tuesday) = 87
2-Treadstone-45 (Monday) + 40 (Tuesday) = 85
3-The Story So Far...-40 (Monday) + 40 (Tuesday) = 80
4-FalkirkHibee-37 (Monday) + 41 (Tuesday) = 78
5-BarneyK-32 (Monday) + 40 (Tuesday) = 72

Treadstone
25-06-2013, 08:15 PM
Darcis v Kubot xx In x SETS
Robert v Paire xx In x SETS
Isner v Mannarino xx In x SETS
Brown v Hewitt xx In x SETS
Almagro v Rufin xx In x SETS
Stepanek v Janowicz xx In x SETS
Melzer v Reister xx In x SETS
Stakhovsky v Federer xx In x SETS
Tsonga v Gulbis xx In x SETS
Verdasco v Benneteau xx In x SETS
Monaco v Ram xx In x SETS
De Schepper v Cilic xx In x SETS
Troicki v Kuznetsov xx In x SETS
Pospisil v Youzhny xx In x SETS
Robredo v Mahut xx In x SETS
Lu v Murray xx In x SETS

BarneyK
26-06-2013, 08:07 AM
Wednesday Schedule
Darcis v Kubot Kubot In 4 SETS
Robert v Paire Paire In 3 SETS
Isner v Mannarino Isner In 4 SETS
Brown v Hewitt Hewitt In 4 SETS
Almagro v Rufin Almagro In 3 SETS
Stepanek v Janowicz Stepanek In 5 SETS
Melzer v Reister Melzer In 3 SETS
Stakhovsky v Federer Federer In 4 SETS
Tsonga v Gulbis Tsonga In 3 SETS
Verdasco v Benneteau Verdasco In 4 SETS
Monaco v Ram Monaco In 5 SETS
De Schepper v Cilic Cilic In 3 SETS
Troicki v Kuznetsov Troicki In 4 SETS
Pospisil v Youzhny Youzhny In 3 SETS
Robredo v Mahut Robredo In 5 SETS
Lu v Murray Murray In 4 SETS

Sylar
26-06-2013, 08:58 AM
Darcis v Kubot - Kubot In 4 SETS
Robert v Paire - Paire In 3 SETS
Isner v Mannarino - Isner In 5 SETS
Brown v Hewitt - Hewitt In 3 SETS
Almagro v Rufin - Almagro In 3 SETS
Stepanek v Janowicz Stepanek In 4 SETS
Melzer v Reister - Melzer In 3 SETS
Stakhovsky v Federer - Federer In 3 SETS
Tsonga v Gulbis - Tsonga In 3 SETS
Verdasco v Benneteau - Verdasco In 3 SETS
Monaco v Ram - Monaco In 5 SETS
Troicki v Kuznetsov Troicki In 4 SETS
Pospisil v Youzhny - Youzhny In 5 SETS
Robredo v Mahut - Mahut In 4 SETS
Lu v Murray Murray In 3 SETS

Sir David Gray
26-06-2013, 09:08 AM
Darcis v Kubot KUBOT IN 4 SETS
Robert v Paire PAIRE IN 3 SETS
Isner v Mannarino ISNER in 5 SETS
Brown v Hewitt HEWITT IN 3 SETS
Almagro v Rufin ALMAGRO IN 3 SETS
Stepanek v Janowicz STEPANEK IN 4 SETS
Melzer v Reister MELZER IN 4 SETS
Stakhovsky v Federer FEDERER IN 3 SETS
Tsonga v Gulbis TSONGA IN 4 SETS
Verdasco v Benneteau BENNETEAU IN 4 SETS
Monaco v Ram MONACO IN 3 SETS
De Schepper v Cilic CILIC IN 3 SETS
Troicki v Kuznetsov TROICKI IN 5 SETS
Pospisil v Youzhny YOUZHNY IN 4 SETS
Robredo v Mahut ROBREDO IN 5 SETS
Lu v Murray MURRAY IN 3 SETS

Treadstone
26-06-2013, 09:19 AM
Darcis v Kubot KUBOT In 4 SETS
Robert v Paire PAIRE In 3 SETS
Isner v Mannarino ISNER In 3 SETS
Brown v Hewitt HEWITT In 4 SETS
Almagro v Rufin ALMAGRO In 3 SETS
Stepanek v Janowicz JANOWICZ In 4 SETS
Melzer v Reister MELZER In 3 SETS
Stakhovsky v Federer FEDERER In 3 SETS
Tsonga v Gulbis TSONGA In 4 SETS
Verdasco v Benneteau BENNETEAU In 5 SETS
Monaco v Ram RAM In 4 SETS
De Schepper v Cilic CILIC In 3 SETS
Troicki v Kuznetsov TROICKI In 4 SETS
Pospisil v Youzhny YOUZHNY In 3 SETS
Robredo v Mahut MAHUT In 4 SETS
Lu v Murray MURRAY In 3 SETS

Sergio sledge
26-06-2013, 12:23 PM
Great effort by Laura Robson to win in two sets v Maria Kirilenko (10th seed).

Shame to see Maria go though! ;-)

Why is this being talked of as the second biggest upset at Wimbledon so far? Robson is ranked 38 in the world and has already beaten players in the top 10 and was playing in front of a home crowd, hardly seems like that big an upset to me.

I too felt sadness at seeing Kirilenko go out, can't quite put a finger on why though... :wink:

bingo70
26-06-2013, 12:27 PM
This boy that's beating Hewitt is playing crazy tennis

JimBHibees
26-06-2013, 12:38 PM
Darcis v Kubot Kubot In 4 SETS
Robert v Paire Paire In 3 SETS
Isner v Mannarino xx In x SETS
Brown v Hewitt xx In x SETS
Almagro v Rufin xx In x SETS
Stepanek v Janowicz xx In x SETS
Melzer v Reister Meltzer In 4 SETS
Stakhovsky v Federer Federer In 4 SETS
Tsonga v Gulbis Tsonga In 5 SETS
Verdasco v Benneteau xx In x SETS
Monaco v Ram Moncao In 3 SETS
Troicki v Kuznetsov xx In x SETS
Pospisil v Youzhny xx In x SETS
Robredo v Mahut Mahut In 3 SETS
Lu v Murray Murray In 3 SETS[/QUOTE]

Apologies, nightmare completely forgot about this. The ones in bold had already started so just take my score from the others.

Just making it interesting. :greengrin

JimBHibees
26-06-2013, 01:16 PM
Wow how good was Dustin Brown, superb win against Hewitt. Shame for Darcis to be ruled out with injury after beating Rafa.

essexhibee
26-06-2013, 01:32 PM
Ana Ivanovic is out booooo

Sylar
26-06-2013, 03:53 PM
6 withdrawals today! Azarenka, Cilic, Darcis, Stepanek, Tsonga and Isner.

Edit: Make that 7 - Yaroslova Shvedova has also now withdrawn.

hibsbollah
26-06-2013, 04:34 PM
Sorry to see Cassius Clay Tsonga retire injured. My second favourite player.

Sylar
26-06-2013, 06:34 PM
Pretty straight forward wins for Murray but Federer is currently 2-1 sets down and down a break in the 4th!

jodjam
26-06-2013, 06:44 PM
Pretty straight forward wins for Murray but Federer is currently 2-1 sets down and down a break in the 4th!

Murrays path could get a whole lot easier very shortly

frazeHFC
26-06-2013, 06:48 PM
C'mon Stakhovsky! Hopefully another of the big guns will go out, could make it a really interesting tournament. Djokovic to go out tomorrow? :greengrin

Treadstone
26-06-2013, 07:16 PM
Federer oot !

Westie1875
26-06-2013, 07:17 PM
Federer out now too, unbelievable day at Wimbledon today!

Opening up very nicely for Murray.

Sylar
26-06-2013, 07:17 PM
Wow - genuinely stunned by that.

Mon' Andy :thumbsup:

Sylar
26-06-2013, 07:22 PM
Not looking forward to seeing the prediction scores today :greengrin

Sir David Gray
26-06-2013, 07:24 PM
Mental day at Wimbledon today!

Who knows who I'll see on court 1 on Friday now!

Barring any shocks, it's pretty much guaranteed to be Murray v Djokovic in the final.

Pretty sad to see great champions like Nadal and Federer exit a Grand Slam so early.

Sylar
26-06-2013, 07:26 PM
Mental day at Wimbledon today!

Who knows who I'll see on court 1 on Friday now!

Barring any shocks, it's pretty much guaranteed to be Murray v Djokovic in the final.

Pretty sad to see great champions like Nadal and Federer exit a Grand Slam so early.

It was 'pretty much guaranteed' that Nadal and Federer would meet each other in the quarter finals but that didn't pan out so well.

Bet Murray can't believe his luck today. Here's hoping we avoid seeing any more withdrawals - it's not good for the competition.

DarrenSQH
26-06-2013, 07:30 PM
Murray has a huge chance to make the final now. Pressure will be right on. Interesting to see how he copes with all that pressure so early.

Treadstone
26-06-2013, 07:30 PM
Very noble of Jim after posting late to ignore the matches that started and give us a chance. Story So Far takes the daily honours.

Barney
SSF
FH
Tread
Jim

Darcis v Kubot
WALKOVER

Robert v Paire
Paire in 3

Isner v Mannarino
RETIRED

Brown v Hewitt
Brown in 4

Almagro v Rufin
Almagro in 4

Stepanek v Janowicz
RETIRED

Melzer v Reister
Melzer in 4

Stakhovsky v Federer
Stakhovsky in 4

Tsonga v Gulbis
RETIRED

Verdasco v Benneteau
Verdasco in 3

Monaco v Ram
Monaco in 4

De Schepper v Cilic
WALKOVER

Troicki v Kuznetsov
Troicki in 3

Pospisil v Youzhny
Youzhny in 5

Robredo v Mahut
Robredo in 3

Lu v Murray
Murray in 3

Totals for Wednesday

HibbyAndy
26-06-2013, 07:32 PM
Whats Murrays run in now?

Treadstone
26-06-2013, 07:34 PM
Running totals:
1-JimBHibees 87+ 10 = 97
2-The Story So Far 80+16 =96
3-Treadstone 85+10 = 95
4-FalkirkHibee 78+14 = 92
5-BarneyK 72+11 = 83

Treadstone
26-06-2013, 07:36 PM

http://www.wimbledon.com/en_GB/scores/draws/ms/r1s4.html

Favourable to say the least, after today though and Nadal who knows ?

BarneyK
26-06-2013, 07:36 PM
Running totals:
1-JimBHibees 87+ 11 = 98
3-Treadstone 85+10 = 95
5-BarneyK 72+11 = 83

I'm going to have to come through the qualifiers next year :greengrin

Treadstone
26-06-2013, 07:38 PM
Djokovic v Reynolds xx in x SETS
Struff v Chardy xx in x SETS
Lopez v Mathieu xx in x SETS
Wang v Haas xx in x SETS
Gasquet v Soeda xx in x SETS
Blake v Tomic xx in x SETS
Anderson v Przysiezny xx in x SETS
Brands v Berdych xx in x SETS
Ferrer v Bautista Agut xx in x SETS
Giraldo v Dolgopolov xx in x SETS
Raonic v Sijsling xx in x SETS
Kudla v Dodig xx in x SETS
Nishikori v Mayer xx in x SETS
Llodra v Seppi xx in x SETS
Dimitrov v Zemlja xx in x SETS
Levine v Del Potro xx in x SETS

BarneyK
26-06-2013, 07:41 PM
Djokovic v Reynolds Djokovic in 3 SETS
Struff v Chardy Chardy in 3 SETS
Lopez v Mathieu Mathieu in 4 SETS
Wang v Haas Haas in 4 SETS
Gasquet v Soeda Gasquet in 3 SETS
Blake v Tomic Tomic in 5 SETS
Anderson v Przysiezny Anderson in 4 SETS
Brands v Berdych Berdych in 4 SETS
Ferrer v Bautista Agut Ferrer in 3 SETS
Giraldo v Dolgopolov Dolgopolov in 5 SETS
Raonic v Sijsling Raonic in 4 SETS
Kudla v Dodig Dodig in 4 SETS
Nishikori v Mayer Mayer in 5 SETS
Llodra v Seppi Seppi in 4 SETS
Dimitrov v Zemlja Dimitrov in 5 SETS
Levine v Del Potro Del Potro in 4 SETS

Sylar
26-06-2013, 07:44 PM
Match
Score
TSSF
FH
Barney
Jim
Tread

Darcis vs Kubot
Darcis Retired
--
--
--
--
--

Robert vs Paire
Paire (3)

Isner vs Mannarino
Isner retired
--
--
--
--
--

Brown vs Hewitt
Brown (4)

Almagro vs Ruffin
Almagro (4)

Stepanek vs Janowicz
Stepanek retires
--
--
--
--
--

Melzer vs Reister
Melzer (4)

Stakhovsky vs Fed
Stakhovskhy (4)

Tsonga vs Gulbis
Tsonga retires
--
--
--
--
--

Verdasco vs Benneteau
Verdasco (3)

Monaco vs Ram
Monaco (4)

DeSchepper vs Cilic
Cilic retires
--
--
--
--
--

Troicki vs Kuznetsov
Troicki (3)

Pospisil vs Youzhny
Youzhny (5)

Robredo vs Mahut
Rebredo (3)

Lu vs Murray
Murray (3)

Feel free to double check your scores!

Sylar
26-06-2013, 07:45 PM
Apologies - I was doing that table whilst watching the Confederations Cup so was substantially delayed :greengrin

Sylar
26-06-2013, 07:50 PM
Struff v Chardy Chardy in 4 SETS
Lopez v Mathieu Lopez in 4 SETS
Wang v Haas Haas in 5 SETS
Blake v Tomic Tomic in 4 SETS
Anderson v Przysiezny Anderson in 5 SETS
Brands v Berdych Berdych in 3 SETS
Giraldo v Dolgopolov Dolgopolov in 4 SETS
Raonic v Sijsling Raonic in 3 SETS
Kudla v Dodig Kudla in 5 SETS
Nishikori v Mayer Mayer in 4 SETS
Llodra v Seppi Seppi in 3 SETS
Dimitrov v Zemlja Dimitrov in 4 SETS
Levine v Del Potro Del Potro in 3 SETS

Sir David Gray
26-06-2013, 08:23 PM

If all goes to plan, it'll be;

Robredo
Youzhny
Monaco
Almagro
Djokovic

HibbyAndy
26-06-2013, 08:28 PM
If all goes to plan, it'll be;

Robredo
Youzhny
Monaco
Almagro
Djokovic

:aok:

Thats a stunning draw for Andy..Would love to see Djokovic fall by the way side tomorrow :greengrin...

Murrry v Djokovic final imo.

JimBHibees
26-06-2013, 09:57 PM
Struff v Chardy Chardy in 3 SETS
Lopez v Mathieu Lopez in 3 SETS
Wang v Haas Hass in 3 SETS
Blake v Tomic Blake in 4 SETS
Anderson v Przysiezny Anderson in 3 SETS
Brands v Berdych Berdych in 3 SETS
Ferrer v Bautista Agut Ferrer in 5 SETS
Giraldo v Dolgopolov Dolgopolov in 4 SETS
Raonic v Sijsling Raonic in 3 SETS
Nishikori v Mayer Nishukori in 4 SETS
Llodra v Seppi Seppi in 5 SETS
Dimitrov v Zemlja Dimitrov in 3 SETS

JimBHibees
26-06-2013, 10:01 PM
Running totals:
1-JimBHibees 87+ 11 = 98
3-Treadstone 85+10 = 95
5-BarneyK 72+11 = 83

Cheers for letting me know about tomorrow's games. You gave me a point for Robredo when I predicted a Mahut win.

Treadstone
26-06-2013, 10:09 PM
Cheers for letting me know about tomorrow's games. You gave me a point for Robredo when I predicted a Mahut win.

Aye just noticed that when I looked at The Story So fars table. Will change.

Treadstone
27-06-2013, 07:42 AM
Struff v Chardy Chardy in 4 SETS
Lopez v Mathieu Lopez in 4 SETS
Wang v Haas Haas in 3 SETS
Blake v Tomic Blake in 4 SETS
Anderson v Przysiezny Anderson in 4 SETS
Brands v Berdych Berdych in 4 SETS
Giraldo v Dolgopolov Dolgopolov in 3 SETS
Raonic v Sijsling Raonic in 4 SETS
Nishikori v Mayer Nishikori in 4 SETS
Llodra v Seppi Seppi in 5 SETS
Dimitrov v Zemlja Zemlja in 4 SETS

NOLA
27-06-2013, 08:19 AM
Looking forward to scotlands own Jocky Veitch winning easily today

Sir David Gray
27-06-2013, 10:26 AM
Djokovic v Reynolds DJOKOVIC IN 3 SETS
Struff v Chardy CHARDY IN 4 SETS
Lopez v Mathieu LOPEZ IN 4 SETS
Wang v Haas HAAS IN 3 SETS
Gasquet v Soeda GASQUET IN 3 SETS
Blake v Tomic TOMIC IN 4 SETS
Anderson v Przysiezny ANDERSON IN 4 SETS
Brands v Berdych BERDYCH IN 3 SETS
Ferrer v Bautista Agut FERRER IN 3 SETS
Giraldo v Dolgopolov DOLGOPOLOV IN 3 SETS
Raonic v Sijsling RAONIC IN 4 SETS
Kudla v Dodig KUDLA IN 5 SETS
Nishikori v Mayer NISHIKORI IN 3 SETS
Llodra v Seppi LLODRA IN 4 SETS
Dimitrov v Zemlja DIMITROV IN 3 SETS
Levine v Del Potro DEL POTRO IN 3 SETS

Treadstone
27-06-2013, 10:27 PM
FH
Tread
Barney
TSSF
Jim

Djokovic v Reynolds
Djokovic in 3 SETS

Struff v Chardy
TO PLAY/FINISH

Lopez v Mathieu
RETIRED

Wang v Haas
TO PLAY/FINISH

Gasquet v Soeda
Gasquet in 4 SETS

Blake v Tomic
Tomic in 3 SETS

Anderson v Przysiezny
Anderson in 3 SETS

Brands v Berdych
Berdych in 3 SETS

Ferrer v Bautista Agut
TO PLAY/FINISH

Giraldo v Dolgopolov
TO PLAY/FINISH

Raonic v Sijsling
Sijsling in 3 SETS

Kudla v Dodig
Dodig in 3 SETS

Nishikori v Mayer
Nishikori in 3 SETS

Llodra v Seppi
RETIRED

Dimitrov v Zemlja
TO PLAY/FINISH

Levine v Del Potro
Del Potro in 3 SETS

Total for Thursday (Completed Matches)

Treadstone
27-06-2013, 10:31 PM
Running totals:
1-JimBHibees 97+15 = 112
2-The Story So Far 96+12 = 108
3-FalkirkHibee 92+15 = 107
4-Treadstone 95+11 = 106
5-BarneyK 83+9 = 92

Treadstone
27-06-2013, 10:39 PM
Kubot v Paire xx in x SETS
Mannarino v Brown xx in x SETS
Almagro v Janowicz xx in x SETS
Melzer v Stakhovsky xx in x SETS
Gulbis v Verdasco xx in x SETS
Monaco v De Schepper xx in x SETS
Troicki v Youzhny xx in x SETS
Robredo v Murray xx in x SETS

Treadstone
27-06-2013, 10:41 PM
I'll add the remainder of Thursday scores when they are completed and update scoring ASAP before Fridays results.

Sir David Gray
28-06-2013, 09:31 AM
Kubot v Paire PAIRE IN 5 SETS
Mannarino v Brown MANNARINO IN 4 SETS
Almagro v Janowicz ALMAGRO IN 5 SETS
Melzer v Stakhovsky MELZER IN 4 SETS
Gulbis v Verdasco GULBIS IN 5 SETS
Monaco v De Schepper MONACO IN 3 SETS
Troicki v Youzhny YOUZHNY IN 5 SETS
Robredo v Murray MURRAY IN 3 SETS

JimBHibees
28-06-2013, 09:45 AM
Kubot v Paire PAIRE in 4 SETS
Mannarino v Brown BROWN in 5 SETS
Almagro v Janowicz JANOWICZ in 5 SETS
Melzer v Stakhovsky MELZER in 4 SETS
Gulbis v Verdasco VERDASCO in 4 SETS
Monaco v De Schepper MONACO in 3 SETS
Troicki v Youzhny TROICKI in 5 SETS
Robredo v Murray MURRAY in 3 SETS

Very tricky games with some no obvious favourite at all.

Sir David Gray
28-06-2013, 11:45 AM
Currently sitting courtside on Court 1 with the rain lashing down and no sign of any play any time soon. :boo hoo:

Where's Cliff Richard when you need him!?

HUTCHYHIBBY
28-06-2013, 12:53 PM
Robson was cruising in set 1, now lost her last two service games, now 5-4 Robson, Marino serving.

HUTCHYHIBBY
28-06-2013, 12:55 PM
Set 1 to Robson 6-4.

NOLA
28-06-2013, 01:00 PM
Watching the laura robson match and already a wrist injury, I should be fine by monday.

HUTCHYHIBBY
28-06-2013, 01:26 PM
Set 2 6-1 Robson, easy!

jodjam
28-06-2013, 03:24 PM
Watching the laura robson match and already a wrist injury, I should be fine by monday.

:)

HUTCHYHIBBY
28-06-2013, 04:50 PM
Murray's next match about to start on BBC1, I assume It'll change to BBC2 @ 1800.

BarneyK
28-06-2013, 06:16 PM
Aw Baws! Forgot my predictions this morning. Sorry guys.

Treadstone
28-06-2013, 06:50 PM
FH
Tread
Barney
TSSF
Jim

Struff v Chardy
Chardy in 4 SETS

Wang v Haas
Haas in 3 SETS

Ferrer v Bautista Agut
Ferrer in 4 SETS

Giraldo v Dolgopolov
Dolgopolov in 3 SETS

Dimitrov v Zemlja
Zemlja in 5 SETS

Totals for rain delayed matches from Thursday

Treadstone
28-06-2013, 06:56 PM
Running totals with 5 held over matches now completed

1-JimBHibees 97+15 = 112+6=118
2=FalkirkHibee 92+15 = 107+10=117
2=Treadstone 95+11 = 106+11=117
4-The Story So Far 96+12 = 108+6=114
5-BarneyK 83+9 = 92+4=96

stoneyburn hibs
28-06-2013, 06:57 PM
How solid is our Andy ?, Class. Only Novak can deny him.

HUTCHYHIBBY
28-06-2013, 07:16 PM
Another straightforward victory amidst the madness going on round about him! :thumbsup:

Sir David Gray
28-06-2013, 07:44 PM
Could have been worse. Saw the whole Ferrer match after a delay of an hour and then about an hour after the Kvitova match stopped, a kind lady from the ticket office told me that they had tickets for Centre Court that had been recycled so I got on to see Murray from about the 4th game in the second set onwards!

Another solid victory for him today and safely into the last 16.

Youzhny or Troicki next and he'll have an extra day's rest too.

Shaping up nicely!

Sylar
28-06-2013, 09:04 PM
FH
Tread
Barney
TSSF
Jim

Struff v Chardy
Chardy in 4 SETS

Wang v Haas
Haas in 3 SETS

Ferrer v Bautista Agut
Ferrer in 4 SETS

Giraldo v Dolgopolov
Dolgopolov in 3 SETS

Dimitrov v Zemlja
Zemlja in 5 SETS

Totals for rain delayed matches from Thursday

I should probably be all zeros sir as I didn't register any predictions - was driving from Guildford back to Dundee today and this is the first I've been online!

Treadstone
28-06-2013, 09:33 PM
I should probably be all zeros sir as I didn't register any predictions - was driving from Guildford back to Dundee today and this is the first I've been online!

No problem. These were Thursdays held over matches.

Treadstone
28-06-2013, 09:50 PM
Aaaah Schoolboy error. Done the tables and schedule but forgot to post my Friday predictions.

FH
Jim

Mannarino v Brown
Mannarino in 3 SETS

Almagro v Janowicz
Janowicz in 3 SETS

Melzer v Stakhovsky
Melzer in 4 SETS

Robredo v Murray
Murray in 3 SETS

Total

Treadstone
28-06-2013, 09:52 PM
1-JimBHibees 97+15 = 112+6=118+7=125
2=FalkirkHibee 92+15 = 107+10=117+7=124
2=Treadstone 95+11 = 106+11=117
4-The Story So Far 96+12 = 108+6=114
5-BarneyK 83+9 = 92+4=96

Treadstone
28-06-2013, 09:57 PM
Kubot v Paire PAIRE in 4 SETS
Gulbis v Verdasco GULBIS in 4 SETS
Monaco v De Schepper MONACO in 5 SETS

Troicki v Youzhny TROICKI in 4 SETS

Treadstone
28-06-2013, 10:01 PM
Djokovic v Chardy xx in x SETS

Lopez v Haas xx in x SETS
Gasquet v Tomic xx in x SETS
Anderson v Berdych xx in x SETS
Ferrer v Dolgopolov xx in x SETS
Sijsling v Dodig xx in x SETS
Nishikori v Seppi xx in x SETS
Zemlja v Del Potro xx in x SETS

BarneyK
29-06-2013, 07:24 AM
Djokovic v Chardy Djokovic in 4 sets

Lopez v Haas Haas in 5 sets
Gasquet v Tomic Tomic in 4 sets
Anderson v Berdych Berdych in 3 sets
Ferrer v Dolgopolov Ferrer in 4 sets
Sijsling v Dodig Dodig in 4 sets
Nishikori v Seppi Seppi in 4 sets
Zemlja v Del Potro Del Potro in 4 sets

Sylar
29-06-2013, 07:35 AM
Djokovic v Chardy Djokovic in 3 SETS
Lopez v Haas Haas in 4 SETS
Gasquet v Tomic Gasquet in 4 SETS
Anderson v Berdych Berdych in 4 SETS
Ferrer v Dolgopolov Ferrer in 3 SETS
Sijsling v Dodig Dodig in 5 SETS
Nishikori v Seppi Seppi in 3 SETS
Zemlja v Del Potro Del Potro in 4 SETS

Sir David Gray
29-06-2013, 09:00 AM
Djokovic v Chardy DJOKOVIC IN 3 SETS
Lopez v Haas HAAS IN 4 SETS
Gasquet v Tomic GASQUET IN 5 SETS
Anderson v Berdych BERDYCH IN 4 SETS
Ferrer v Dolgopolov Ferrer IN 4 SETS
Sijsling v Dodig SIJSLING IN 5 SETS
Nishikori v Seppi NISHIKORI IN 3 SETS
Zemlja v Del Potro DEL POTRO IN 3 SETS

JimBHibees
29-06-2013, 11:57 AM
Djokovic v Chardy Djokovic in 4 SETS

Lopez v Haas Lopez in 5 SETS
Gasquet v Tomic Tomic in 5 SETS
Anderson v Berdych Berdych in 4 SETS
Ferrer v Dolgopolov ferrer in 4 SETS
Sijsling v Dodig SIJSLING in 4 SETS
Nishikori v Seppi xx in x SETS
Zemlja v Del Potro DEL PO in 3 SETS[/QUOTE]

Again apologies was watching Lions game.

Sylar
30-06-2013, 07:44 AM
Game
Score
TSSF
FH
Barney
Jim
Tread

Djokovic v Chardy
Djokovic (3)

Lopez v Haas
Haas (4)

Gasquet v Tomic
Tomic (4)

Anderson v Berdych
Berdych (4)

Ferrer v Dolgopolov
Ferrer (5)

Sijsling v Dodig
Dodig (3)

Nishikori v Seppi
Seppi (5)

Zemija v Del Potro
Del Potro (3)

Totals: TSSF (13), FH (13), Barney (10), Jim (9)

1. Falkirk Hibee = 124 + 13 = 137
2. Jim = 125 + 9 = 134
3. TSSF = 114 + 13 = 127
4. Treadstone = 117 + 0 = 117
5. Barney = 96 + 10 = 106

Next round of games as far as I can see are Monday, so fixtures can be added later.

Treadstone
30-06-2013, 12:15 PM
1. Falkirk Hibee = 124 + 13 = 137
2. Jim = 125 + 9 = 134
3. TSSF = 114 + 13 = 127
4. Treadstone = 117 + 0 = 117
5. Barney = 96 + 10 = 106

Next round of games as far as I can see are Monday, so fixtures can be added later.

Aaarrgghhh. Like Jim i was watching the lions and absolutely forgot all about Wimbers.

Treadstone
30-06-2013, 12:16 PM
Djokovic v Haas xx in x SETS
Tomic v Berdych xx in x SETS
Ferrer v Dodig xx in x SETS
Seppi v Del Potro xx in x SETS
Kubot v Mannarino xx in x SETS
Janowicz v Melzer xx in x SETS
Verdasco v De Schepper xx in x SETS
Youzhny v Murray xx in x SETS

JimBHibees
30-06-2013, 03:24 PM
Djokovic v Haas Djokovic in 5 SETS
Tomic v Berdych Berdych in 4 SETS
Ferrer v Dodig Ferrer in 4 SETS
Seppi v Del Potro DELPO in 3 SETS
Kubot v Mannarino kubot in 4 SETS
Janowicz v Melzer JANOWICZ in 4 SETS
Verdasco v De Schepper VERDASCO in 3 SETS
Youzhny v Murray MURRAY in 3 SETS[/QUOTE]

Treadstone
30-06-2013, 06:30 PM
Djokovic v Haas Djokovic in 3 SETS
Tomic v Berdych Berdych in 5 SETS
Ferrer v Dodig Dodig in 4 SETS
Seppi v Del Potro Seppi in 4 SETS
Kubot v Mannarino Mannarino in 4 SETS
Janowicz v Melzer Janowicz in 4 SETS
Verdasco v De Schepper De Schepper in 5 SETS
Youzhny v Murray Murray in 3 SETS

Sylar
30-06-2013, 07:23 PM
Djokovic v Haas Djokovic in 3 SETS
Tomic v Berdych Berdych in 4 SETS
Ferrer v Dodig Ferrer in 3 SETS
Seppi v Del Potro Del Potro in 5 SETS
Kubot v Mannarino Mannarino in 5 SETS
Janowicz v Melzer JANOWICZ in 5 SETS
Verdasco v De Schepper VERDASCO in 4 SETS
Youzhny v Murray MURRAY in 3 SETS

BarneyK
01-07-2013, 09:00 AM
Djokovic v Haas Djokovic in 4 sets
Tomic v Berdych Berdych in 3 sets
Ferrer v Dodig Ferrer in 3 sets
Seppi v Del Potro Del Potro in 4 sets
Kubot v Mannarino Kubot in 5 sets
Janowicz v Melzer Janowicz in 4 sets
Verdasco v De Schepper Verdasco in 4 sets
Youzhny v Murray Murray in 4 sets

Sir David Gray
01-07-2013, 09:37 AM
Djokovic v Haas DJOKOVIC IN 3 SETS
Tomic v Berdych BERDYCH IN 5 SETS
Ferrer v Dodig FERRER IN 4 SETS
Seppi v Del Potro DEL POTRO IN 4 SETS
Kubot v Mannarino MANNARINO IN 5 SETS
Janowicz v Melzer JANOWICZ IN 4 SETS
Verdasco v De Schepper DE SCHEPPER IN 4 SETS
Youzhny v Murray MURRAY IN 3 SETS

Sir David Gray
01-07-2013, 01:54 PM
Laura Robson goes out after losing 7-6 7-5 to Kaia Kanepi today. Disappointing considering that she had so many chances in the first set, serving for it at 5-4 and then being 5-2 up in the tiebreak.

David Ferrer becomes the first man into the quarter finals after a 4 sets victory over Ivan Dodig.

HUTCHYHIBBY
01-07-2013, 02:15 PM
Bye, bye Serena!

Sylar
01-07-2013, 02:16 PM
Superb - Williams is oot! :thumbsup:

Beautiful!

JimBHibees
01-07-2013, 02:18 PM

Beautiful!

Didnt see it but what an amazing win for Lisicki that is.

HUTCHYHIBBY
01-07-2013, 02:20 PM
Lisicki must be the cheeriest person ever, always got a smile on her face, must be a Hibee! :-)

Sir David Gray
01-07-2013, 02:27 PM
Wow what a shock that is with Serena losing in 3 sets to Lisicki! Really couldn't see past Williams after she went a break up in the final set!

What a mental tournament this has been!

Andy up next. Shame I'll miss it since I'm still coming up the road!

Sylar
01-07-2013, 03:30 PM
Takes the first set 6-4. Unspectacular but comfortable.

heretoday
01-07-2013, 03:35 PM
Andy's getting that Toys Out the Pram look for some reason. Why?

heretoday
01-07-2013, 03:37 PM

Beautiful!

Not sorry to see her go. Charmless individual.

Sylar
01-07-2013, 03:39 PM
Murray with an absolutely stunning shot to break Youzhny in game 2 of the 2nd set!

Ryan91
01-07-2013, 03:40 PM

Beautiful!

Indeed it is, I will never tire of seeing my lady Sabine smile

Sylar
01-07-2013, 03:45 PM
Youzhny breaks back immediately.

Sir David Gray
01-07-2013, 03:50 PM
Fernando Verdasco wins in straight sets against Kenny De Schepper to reach the quarter finals of Wimbledon for the first time.

He'll now play the winner of Andy Murray and Mikhail Youzhny on Wednesday.

Sylar
01-07-2013, 03:56 PM
Youzhny breaks again! 4-2 up.

Ryan91
01-07-2013, 04:10 PM
Youzhny breaks again! 4-2 up.

Andy breaks back, serving to tie it up at 5 each in the 2nd.

Ryan91
01-07-2013, 04:41 PM
Went to a tie break an Murray came through despite being down a mini-break at one point. Youzhny been getting some treatment for a sore shoulder.

HUTCHYHIBBY
01-07-2013, 05:09 PM
Murray runs away with the 3rd set 6-1, made life a bit tricky in that 2nd set.

HibbyAndy
01-07-2013, 09:09 PM
Murray v Verdasco it is.

Will it be Wednesday these pair lock horns ?.

Andy will piss it in 3 straight sets.

Sir David Gray
01-07-2013, 09:49 PM
Murray v Verdasco it is.

Will it be Wednesday these pair lock horns ?.

Andy will piss it in 3 straight sets.

Yeah.

Tuesday-Women's quarter finals
Wednesday-Men's quarter finals
Thursday-Women's semi finals
Friday-Men's semi finals
Saturday-Women's final
Sunday-Men's final

Can't see Verdasco doing anything against Murray and even in the semis, it'll be Lukasz Kubot or Jerzy Janowicz and I'm pretty sure Murray would have settled for that at the start of the tournament.

It's funny that, before the tournament started, everyone was saying how Novak Djokovic had the easiest run-in to the final out of all the big four because he was in the opposite half of the draw to Murray, Nadal and Federer. However with us now at the quarter final stage, if Djokovic is to get to the final, he'll need to beat Tomas Berdych (number 7 seed and former Wimbledon finalist) and then either David Ferrer (number 4 seed and finalist at French Open a few weeks ago) or Juan Martin Del Potro (number 8 seed and former US Open champion). Murray, on the other hand, will play Fernando Verdasco (who is unseeded and is through to the QF of Wimbledon for the first time in his career) and then either Jerzy Janowicz (number 24 seed and through to his first ever Grand Slam QF) or Lukasz Kubot (who is unseeded and who has also never been to a Grand Slam QF in his career).

I still fully expect Djokovic to be in the final on Sunday as he is playing very well and is the best player in the world but I'm sure Murray will be the happier of the two players, looking at his potential opponents over the next few days.

HibbyAndy
01-07-2013, 10:00 PM
Yeah.

Friday-Men's semi finals
Saturday-Women's final
Sunday-Men's final

Can't see Verdasco doing anything against Murray and even in the semis, it'll be Lukasz Kubot or Jerzy Janowicz and I'm pretty sure Murray would have settled for that at the start of the tournament.

It's funny that, before the tournament started, everyone was saying how Novak Djokovic had the easiest run-in to the final out of all the big four because he was in the opposite half of the draw to Murray, Nadal and Federer. However with us now at the quarter final stage, if Djokovic is to get to the final, he'll need to beat Tomas Berdych (number 7 seed and former Wimbledon finalist) and then either David Ferrer (number 4 seed and finalist at French Open a few weeks ago) or Juan Martin Del Potro (number 8 seed and former US Open champion). Murray, on the other hand, will play Fernando Verdasco (who is unseeded and is through to the QF of Wimbledon for the first time in his career) and then either Jerzy Janowicz (number 24 seed and through to his first ever Grand Slam QF) or Lukasz Kubot (who is unseeded and who has also never been to a Grand Slam QF in his career).

I still fully expect Djokovic to be in the final on Sunday as he is playing very well and is the best player in the world but I'm sure Murray will be the happier of the two players, looking at his potential opponents over the next few days.

Agree with all that :aok:...

Gotta feeling Del potro or Ferrer will take out Djokovic...Tho as Nole saos hes playing better now than when he won it 2 years ago.....I really fancy Murray this year...And if it is Novak then please guys make him work for his sets.....Ferrer v Djokovic should be good

Sir David Gray
01-07-2013, 10:46 PM
Agree with all that :aok:...

Gotta feeling Del potro or Ferrer will take out Djokovic...Tho as Nole saos hes playing better now than when he won it 2 years ago.....I really fancy Murray this year...And if it is Novak then please guys make him work for his sets.....Ferrer v Djokovic should be good

Del Potro has a chance but Djokovic would have far too much for Ferrer.

When I was down at Wimbledon, I was at two of Ferrer's matches and I don't believe he has a big enough game to beat Djokovic over five sets. He's a very steady player and will battle for every point but he doesn't have a lot of huge shots that he can call upon.

Del Potro is a tricky player and if he's playing at the top of his game then he's capable of giving Djokovic some problems but I still expect Djokovic to reach the final.

If it is Murray-Djokovic, it should hopefully be a cracking final. I can only imagine what price some of the tickets would be changing hands for!

BarneyK
02-07-2013, 07:36 AM
Yeah.

Friday-Men's semi finals
Saturday-Women's final
Sunday-Men's final

The worry I would have for Andy is dealing with Janowicz'z serve. I'm sure he will, like, but it is potentially still a big hurdle for him.

Sir David Gray
02-07-2013, 09:03 AM
The worry I would have for Andy is dealing with Janowicz'z serve. I'm sure he will, like, but it is potentially still a big hurdle for him.

I honestly don't see that being too much of a concern to be honest.

Murray's one of the best returners of serve in the history of the sport and his record against other big servers is pretty good as well;

v Andy Roddick 8-3
v Ivan Ljubicic 4-3
v Ivo Karlovic 5-0
v John Isner 2-0
v Sam Querrey 5-1

Murray's serving stats for this year aren't actually all that different from Janowicz either.

1st serve %

Janowicz-62%
Murray-61%

1st serve points won

Janowicz-75%
Murray-74%

2nd serve points won

Janowicz-52%
Murray-50%

Service games won

Janowicz-84%
Murray-82%

Although his serving stats at this year's Wimbledon have been impressive, he doesn't have much experience of playing in big matches or playing against top players.

He really only burst onto the scene at the tail end of last year when he got to the final of the Paris Masters (where he actually beat Andy Murray in the last 16 funnily enough!). This time last year he was ranked outside of the top 100 and had to go through qualifying at Wimbledon.

Don't get me wrong, he's a good player and should have a bright future but I just think that a semi final at Wimbledon against Andy Murray would be a step too far for him at the moment.

Treadstone
02-07-2013, 09:38 AM
He really only burst onto the scene at the tail end of last year when he got to the final of the Paris Masters (where he actually beat Andy Murray in the last 16 funnily enough!). This time last year he was ranked outside of the top 100 and had to go through qualifying at Wimbledon.

Don't get me wrong, he's a good player and should have a bright future but I just think that a semi final at Wimbledon against Andy Murray would be a step too far for him at the moment.

Andy threw that match in Paris away, matchpoints IIRC he won't do that again.

Sir David Gray
02-07-2013, 10:30 AM
Andy threw that match in Paris away, matchpoints IIRC he won't do that again.

Agreed.

Plus it will be a best of five set match vs a best of three set match.

I would be surprised if Janowicz manages to take three sets off Murray at Wimbledon, especially when a place in the final is up for grabs.

hibby rae
02-07-2013, 03:01 PM
Will the order of play already be decided for tomorrow or will it be announced in the morning? I can't find it on the bbc website.

HUTCHYHIBBY
02-07-2013, 03:05 PM
Straightforward win for Lisicki today, didnae think she would have too much difficulty in that match. I'm sure she'll be enjoying the rain delays now too!

Treadstone
02-07-2013, 03:06 PM
Will the order of play already be decided for tomorrow or will it be announced in the morning? I can't find it on the bbc website.

Will be later on today, they will have to wait and see if they can finish all the womens.

http://www.wimbledon.com/en_GB/scores/schedule/index.html

If its Andy you are looking for its most likely the second match on centre court as it can capture a bigger TV audience.

hibby rae
02-07-2013, 04:30 PM
Will be later on today, they will have to wait and see if they can finish all the womens.

http://www.wimbledon.com/en_GB/scores/schedule/index.html

If its Andy you are looking for its most likely the second match on centre court as it can capture a bigger TV audience.

Cheers.

Sir David Gray
02-07-2013, 04:51 PM

Now announced.

Centre Court - 1pm start

David Ferrer v Juan Martin Del Potro

Followed by

Andy Murray v Fernando Verdasco

Court 1 - 1pm start

Novak Djokovic v Tomas Berdych

Followed by

Jerzy Janowicz v Lukasz Kubot

I'm expecting Murray to be on about 4:30pm.

Sir David Gray
02-07-2013, 06:10 PM
The semi final line up for the women's draw has been completed today and the matches on Thursday are;

Sabine Lisicki v Agnieszka Radwanska
Marion Bartoli v Kirsten Flipkens

None of the players left in the draw have ever won a Grand Slam and only Radwanska and Bartoli have made it to the Wimbledon final before.

I personally think the overall winner will come from the Lisicki-Radwanska match.

BarneyK
03-07-2013, 07:46 AM
Now announced.

Centre Court - 1pm start

David Ferrer v Juan Martin Del Potro Ferrer to win in 5 sets
Followed by

Andy Murray v Fernando Verdasco Murray to win in 4 sets
Court 1 - 1pm start

Novak Djokovic v Tomas Berdych Djokovic to win in 4 sets
Followed by

Jerzy Janowicz v Lukasz Kubot Janowicz to win in 4 sets

:cool2:

Sylar
03-07-2013, 08:30 AM
Centre Court - 1pm start

David Ferrer v Juan Martin Del Potro - Ferrer to win in 4 sets

Followed by

Andy Murray v Fernando Verdasco - Murray to win in 3 sets

Court 1 - 1pm start

Novak Djokovic v Tomas Berdych - Djokovic to win in 4 sets

Followed by

Jerzy Janowicz v Lukasz Kubot - Janowicz to win in 5 sets

IWasThere2016
03-07-2013, 09:01 AM
Centre Court - 1pm start

David Ferrer v Juan Martin Del Potro - Ferrer to win in 4 sets

Followed by

Andy Murray v Fernando Verdasco - Murray to win in 3 sets

Court 1 - 1pm start

Novak Djokovic v Tomas Berdych - Djokovic to win in 4 sets

Followed by

Jerzy Janowicz v Lukasz Kubot - Janowicz to win in 5 sets

You at work today again :cool2: PS - I know you're not :wink: Nice pics yesterday on FB mate - well done :thumbsup:

Sir David Gray
03-07-2013, 11:24 AM
Centre Court - 1pm start

David Ferrer v Juan Martin Del Potro - DEL POTRO IN 5 SETS

Followed by

Andy Murray v Fernando Verdasco - MURRAY IN 3 SETS

Court 1 - 1pm start

Novak Djokovic v Tomas Berdych - DJOKOVIC IN 4 SETS

Followed by

Jerzy Janowicz v Lukasz Kubot - JANOWICZ IN 4 SETS

Sir David Gray
03-07-2013, 12:22 PM
Looking like Murray could be on quite soon.

Del Potro fell badly in the opening game of his match against Ferrer and although he's playing on for now, it looks doubtful that he's going to complete the match.

Sylar
03-07-2013, 01:40 PM
You at work today again :cool2: PS - I know you're not :wink: Nice pics yesterday on FB mate - well done :thumbsup:

Cheers sir :greengrin

Working from Dundee this week and enjoying the luxury of working from home! Helps with the homesickness to do this :wink:

Sylar
03-07-2013, 01:42 PM
Looking like Murray could be on quite soon.

Del Potro fell badly in the opening game of his match against Ferrer and although he's playing on for now, it looks doubtful that he's going to complete the match.

2-0 sets on Ferrer and still going strong in the 3rd for now - there goes my first prediction of the day :greengrin

JimBHibees
03-07-2013, 02:17 PM
Now announced.

Centre Court - 1pm start

David Ferrer v Juan Martin Del Potro

Followed by

Andy Murray v Fernando Verdasco

Court 1 - 1pm start

Novak Djokovic v Tomas Berdych

Followed by

Jerzy Janowicz v Lukasz Kubot

Predictions for games still to be played.

Janowicz in 3 and Murray in 4.

Sir David Gray
03-07-2013, 03:34 PM
First set Verdasco, 6-4.

Very unconvincing so far.

Sylar
03-07-2013, 03:57 PM
First set Verdasco, 6-4.

Very unconvincing so far.

Too many stupid mistakes and he's not improving much into the 2nd either.

Sir David Gray
03-07-2013, 03:59 PM
Verdasco serving for a two set lead.

Given how he's played so far, I think it's going to be a huge ask from here if he drops the second set.

Sylar
03-07-2013, 04:00 PM
Verdasco serving for the second set.

Sir David Gray
03-07-2013, 04:05 PM
Verdasco goes two sets up after coming back from 0-40.

Can't see Murray coming back from this to be honest.

PeeJay
03-07-2013, 04:10 PM

I'm no tennis expert, but it seems to me that although the Spaniard is playing "OK", Murray has simply not turned up yet - disappointing nervy performance from him up till now - still it's not over... anything can still happen

Sylar
03-07-2013, 04:27 PM
Better start to the 3rd set, serving not to go 4-1 up!

He needed a strong response and he looks a bit sharper now - I just hope it's not too late!

Sylar
03-07-2013, 04:38 PM
What a great response - blew Verdasco away in the 3rd set!

PeeJay
03-07-2013, 05:27 PM
2-sets all - Murray might just make it after all!

Sir David Gray
03-07-2013, 05:30 PM
Murray levels things up a 2 sets all.

His level's certainly improved over the last hour or so but Murray still has to keep his focus.

Not over yet.

easty
03-07-2013, 05:49 PM
Quality comment from Boris there, 'that's in interesting couple' about folk in the crowd, one of them looked like a council estate Snoop Dogg and the other was a brought to life melted waxwork of Paris Hilton! :greengrin

Sir David Gray
03-07-2013, 06:12 PM
Murray wins in 5 sets!

What a comeback!!!

Jerzy Janowicz in the semis on Friday.

easty
03-07-2013, 06:13 PM
great comeback but he really wasn't hitting anywhere near the lines for the most part. the way Djokovic is playing he would have punished him today.

HUTCHYHIBBY
03-07-2013, 06:23 PM
What a fantastic spectacle of a sporting contest, the best player in the first two sets won the first two sets then the best player in the final three sets won the final three sets!

Velma Dinkley
03-07-2013, 06:26 PM
It's a game of 5 halves.

Treadstone
03-07-2013, 06:33 PM

That's a couple of times now FH. You are definitely a glass half empty kind of person.

Sir David Gray
03-07-2013, 06:41 PM
That's a couple of times now FH. You are deinitely a glass half empty kind of person.

You watched the first two sets and expected Murray to come through that match? :confused:

He was so poor at the start of that match, very tentative, negative and passive and Verdasco was bossing the rallies.

Fair play to him though, he did what all great champions do and found a way to win the match.

Fully expect him to have an easier time in the semi.

Treadstone
03-07-2013, 06:50 PM
You watched the first two sets and expected Murray to come through that match? :confused:

No, at that moment i didn't expect it, there was still a long way to go. Five setters suit the top players in the game. His start in the third set was crucial and the way he hung in the fourth set him up well for the final set.

I didn't know you would take it so personally.:boo hoo:

PS I thought Verdasco played well.

Sir David Gray
03-07-2013, 06:55 PM
No, at that moment i didn't expect it, there was still a long way to go. Five setters suit the top players in the game. His start in the third set was crucial and the way he hung in the fourth set him up well for the final set.

I didn't know you would take it so personally.:boo hoo:

PS I thought Verdasco played well.

Not taking it personally, just asking if you thought Murray would win when he was two sets down.

Verdasco played at the very top of his game today, he couldn't have played any better. Once Murray got a grip of himself at the start of the third set, the match started to turn and I think there was only going to be one winner as the match wore on.

Scouse Hibee
03-07-2013, 07:25 PM
Go on yersel Andy, even had me cheering for the Brit to win! :greengrin

JimBHibees
03-07-2013, 08:28 PM
Go on yersel Andy, even had me cheering for the Brit to win! :greengrin

Yep his Scottish fighting spirit seen him through. :greengrin Amazing win.

Sir David Gray
03-07-2013, 11:13 PM
How's the league table doing after yesterday's matches?

Have I clinched the trophy yet? :wink:

Sylar
04-07-2013, 07:35 AM
Match
Score
TSSF
FH
Barney
Jim
Tread

Djokovic v Berdych
Djokovic (3)

Ferrer v Del Potro
Del Potro (3)

Janowicz v Kubot
Janowicz (3)

Verdasco v Murray
Murray (5)

Scores weren't calculated for Monday so:

Match
Score
TSSF
FH
Barney
Jim
Tread

Djokovic v Haas
Djokovic (3)

Tomic v Berdych
Berdych (4)

Ferrer v Dodig
Ferrer (4)

Seppi v Del Potro
Del Potro (3)

Kubot v Mannarino
Kubot (5)

Janowicz v Melzer
Janowicz (5)

Verdasco v De Schepper
Verdasco (3)

Youhzny v Murray
Murray (3)

Totals:

1. Jim = 134 + 4 + 18 = 156
2. FalkirkHibee = 137 + 4 + 12 = 153
3. TSSF = 127 + 3 + 18 = 148
4. Treadstone = 117 + 0 + 8 = 125
​5. Barney = 106 + 3 + 10 = 119

Sylar
04-07-2013, 07:37 AM
Semi-Finals:

Djokovic vs Del Potro - Djokovic in 4
Janowicz vs Murray - Murray in 3

BarneyK
04-07-2013, 08:38 AM
How's the league table doing after yesterday's matches?

Have I clinched the trophy yet? :wink:

I'm no maths wizard but I think my own chances of the title are not so good :rolleyes:

BarneyK
04-07-2013, 08:39 AM
Djokovic in 5 sets
Murray in 4 sets

Sir David Gray
04-07-2013, 10:40 AM
I'm no maths wizard but I think my own chances of the title are not so good :rolleyes:

Don't worry, I'll make sure we bring in a wooden spoon.

You won't finish empty handed!

Sir David Gray
04-07-2013, 10:43 AM
Djokovic v Del Potro DJOKOVIC IN 4 SETS
Murray v Janowicz MURRAY IN 4 SETS

JimBHibees
04-07-2013, 03:34 PM
Interesting comments from Berdych and probably more interesting is the timing of these comments re drug testing in tennis.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/tennis/23152605

JimBHibees
04-07-2013, 03:36 PM
Djokovic v Del Potro Del POTRO IN 4 SETS
Murray v Janowicz MURRAY IN 4 SETS

Treadstone
04-07-2013, 04:17 PM
Djokovic v Del Potro DJOKOVIC IN 3 SETS
Murray v Janowicz JANOWICZ IN 4 SETS

HUTCHYHIBBY
04-07-2013, 04:43 PM
Great win for Lisicki against Radwanska earlier. Really enjoyed the womens competition this year (for more than one reason!)

Sir David Gray
04-07-2013, 04:46 PM
Women's final will be between Marion Bartoli and Sabine Lisicki.

Both players are looking to become the lowest seed to win the women's title at Wimbledon since Venus Williams won in 2007 against Bartoli and if Lisicki wins, as the 23rd seed she will equal Williams as being the lowest seed to ever win Wimbledon.

Ozyhibby
04-07-2013, 09:20 PM
Great article on the level of dedication and preparation shown by Andy Murray.
If only we had footballers like that.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/tennis/andymurray/10159973/Andy-Murrays-appliance-of-science.html

H113EE5
04-07-2013, 09:25 PM
Oh so true. These 'professionals' in the SPFL are, in the main, a bunch of wasters. Just need to look at our two rugby teams, as well. Their players seem much more dedicated at a salary of much less than our primadonnas.

Treadstone
05-07-2013, 07:10 AM
I sometimes wonder if people realise how good Andy is.

JimBHibees
05-07-2013, 11:01 AM

His level of performance and consistency has been amazing to be honest. He is obviously totally professional and at Wimbledon has a level of expectation which is incredible and to me he deals with it well. Verdasco in his current form would have been a match for anyone and while Andy wasnt at his best showed fantastic spirit to get through. Today will be another very tough game as Janowicz has all the attributes to be an excellent grass court player, he has an excellent all round game allied to a wonderful serve however I think Murray's experience and know how will see him through this afternoon.

Sir David Gray
05-07-2013, 11:04 AM

:agree: One of the best British sportsmen for many years.

So dedicated and his level of professionalism puts many other athletes in this country (not just footballers) to shame.

Scouse Hibee
05-07-2013, 12:33 PM
:agree: One of the best British sportsmen for many years.

So dedicated and his level of professionalism puts many other athletes in this country (not just footballers) to shame.

:agree: Awesome, I only hope the five setter hasn't taken too much out of him for the semi final today against another big hitter.

PeeJay
05-07-2013, 01:18 PM
Think Murray is terrific tennis player and indeed a model sportsman who has progressed fantastically over the years, but I feel that he won't be one of the tennis "greats" until he starts winning the major tournaments regularly. I hope he starts picking up some more grand slams, as I think he probably deserves it, but he's not there yet. Looking forward to a good game and hoping he makes the final ...

Sylar
05-07-2013, 02:12 PM
Djokovic and Del Potro tied at 1-1 sets and on serve in the 3rd.

Looks like it's bloody warm down there!