PDA

View Full Version : Yams Let's talk Stats (With a little bit of predictions)

InterviewLoI
20-06-2013, 01:00 PM
So last year, Hearts got 44 points! That means that if they got the same amount of points this year they would only have 29! Dundee, a team who were never really going to stay up, got 30. I can't see Partick Thistle getting any less than 35 points meaning if Hearts manage by some minor miracle to get the same points total as last season they would be going down if my prediction comes true!

So, in summation, the Jambos are going down!

CropleyWasGod
20-06-2013, 01:01 PM
So last year, Hearts got 44 points! That means that if they got the same amount of points this year they would only have 29! Dundee, a team who were never really going to stay up, got 30. I can't see Partick Thistle getting any less than 35 points meaning if Hearts manage by some minor miracle to get the same points total as last season they would be going down if my prediction comes true!

Your prediction is based on their being in the top league :wink:

Northernhibee
20-06-2013, 01:03 PM
Hearts current stats for 13/14 are p0 w0 d0 l0 pts-15

My prediction is don't expect any of those numbers to change.

CropleyWasGod
20-06-2013, 01:05 PM
Hearts current stats for 13/14 are p0 w0 d0 l0 pts-15

My prediction is don't expect any of those numbers to change.

If they are ejected from the top League, does that -15 get taken off them? :greengrin

God Petrie
20-06-2013, 01:05 PM
That's a good point actually. If they get horsed down to division 3 or the lowland leagues or whatever, will they start on -15. That would be highly amusing!

Northernhibee
20-06-2013, 01:06 PM
If they are ejected from the top League, does that -15 get taken off them? :greengrin

They just owe the points to themselves.

CropleyWasGod
20-06-2013, 01:07 PM
That's a good point actually. If they get horsed down to division 3 or the lowland leagues or whatever, will they start on -15. That would be highly amusing!

It was a joke.

If they are ejected from the top league, it will be because there is a NewCo. That NewCo won't take on the penalty of the oldCo.

Pretty Boy
20-06-2013, 01:39 PM
It would be quite amusing if they somehow limped through next season and finished up with a negative points total.

SPL bottom 3 2014

Partick Thistle 32
St Mirren 28
Hearts. -6

Moulin Yarns
20-06-2013, 01:46 PM
It was a joke.

If they are ejected from the top league, it will be because there is a NewCo. That NewCo won't take on the penalty of the oldCo.

But... 5-1 1902 etc What about the history and trophies??? :devil:

Liams
20-06-2013, 01:47 PM
I would really be supise if hearts get about 30 points this season, there team is soo weak with no depth.. If they some how achieve 30 points that would only put them on 15 points..

I really think 13/14 will be like 12/13 having a close group of teams beating each other week in and week out. Leaving hearts safely at the bottum of the pile! I wonder if a boookies will do any specials on them not reaching double figers!

hibee92
20-06-2013, 01:49 PM
But... 5-1 1902 etc What about the history and trophies??? :devil:

What about the war?! :paranoid:

Hibercelona
20-06-2013, 01:52 PM
Thing is, Hearts will have an even weaker team next season than last. Partick Thistle will also be preparing for the step up, where as Dundee never had the opportunity to do so on such short notice. Combine that with a 15 point deduction and they're well and truly goosed.

Right.... who's giving the best odds? :cb

Scouse Hibee
20-06-2013, 03:00 PM
Thing is, Hearts will have an even weaker team next season than last. Partick Thistle will also be preparing for the step up, where as Dundee never had the opportunity to do so on such short notice. Combine that with a 15 point deduction and they're well and truly goosed.

Probably a Jambo who thinks -15 is easy, might have trouble getting paid out though.:greengrin

Dashing Bob S
20-06-2013, 03:11 PM
With Yolden Yeneration of Yams maturing nicely, they'll be a much stronger outfit next season.

I think it might be a push for them to catch Celtic with that 15 point deficit to make up, but they should stride effortless into Europe and pick up the big 'special relationship' cup or even the wee 'not bothered if win it or not' cup. The biggest blow will be the lack of Yooropean football, but I'm sure Yarcelona can be enticed back to Yurrayfield for another glamour friendly. Perhaps Messi and Vlad can arrange the fixture from a shared prison cell.

Hibercelona
20-06-2013, 03:16 PM
Probably a Jambo who thinks -15 is easy, might have trouble getting paid out though.:greengrin

They're coming back stronger next season don't you know. :agree:

Who needs logic when you can be a yam?

The Sea-gull
21-06-2013, 05:11 PM
Please note this post is more of a question than an opinion so please hang fire with the abuse. While they will find it tough, they might not be as bad as we think. They could still have hammil, Webster, Stevenson, Sutton, McDonald plus some young players with a another years experience behind them. Their young lot are not as good as they think they are but are not as bad as we think they are either. They may all band together too. Worse squads than theirs have probably played in the spl and survived by more than 15 points.

Allant1981
21-06-2013, 05:16 PM
Is webster not out of contract, hammil, sutton and stevenson are gash so i wouldnt worry to much about them

DH1875
21-06-2013, 05:17 PM
Please note this post is more of a question than an opinion so please hang fire with the abuse. While they will find it tough, they might not be as bad as we think. They cooks still have hammil, Webster, Stevenson, Sutton, McDonald plus some young players with a another years experience behind them. Their young lot are not as good as they think they are but are not as bad as we think they are either. They may all band together too. Worse squads than theirs have probably played in the spl and survived by more than 15 points.

Is Webster not out of contract? Also think McDonald will be away as he's took a wage cut and he's realistically the only player they'll get decent money for.
Won't be the worst SPL side ever but they are in a relegation fight for sure.

Phil D. Rolls
21-06-2013, 05:19 PM
Please note this post is more of a question than an opinion so please hang fire with the abuse. While they will find it tough, they might not be as bad as we think. They cooks still have hammil, Webster, Stevenson, Sutton, McDonald plus some young players with a another years experience behind them. Their young lot are not as good as they think they are but are not as bad as we think they are either. They may all band together too. Worse squads than theirs have probably played in the spl and survived by more than 15 points.

I'd be surprised if they can keep their morale through all the troubles ahead. Look at how we fared after the FTB takeover bid - we didn't have that bad a squad. In fact many of them went on to win the league cup the next year.

Yams have no money, probably no facilities, no continuity, and are relying heavily on the loyalty of their supporters. If they sell 10 k seasons, not much left for walk up. Also these are the same bunch of diehards that boycott ER when they are playing badly.

Nope, Johnny Yam does not like it up him - despite all the tough talk about blood and maroon shirts. Just imagine who is going to go along when it gets really toxic.

That place is about to explode. The in fighting will make Syria look like a Sunday School picnic. All of which is putting a lot on young shoulders.

Benny Brazil
21-06-2013, 05:22 PM
Is webster not out of contract, hammil, sutton and stevenson are gash so i wouldnt worry to much about them

Webster is apparently in discussions with a club in South Africa about a contract to play for them

Viva_Palmeiras
21-06-2013, 09:51 PM
Webster is apparently in discussions with a club in South Africa about a contract to play for them

Not a chance!
It would take a hundred men or more to ever do ;)

Hibs Class
21-06-2013, 09:57 PM
Please note this post is more of a question than an opinion so please hang fire with the abuse. While they will find it tough, they might not be as bad as we think. They could still have hammil, Webster, Stevenson, Sutton, McDonald plus some young players with a another years experience behind them. Their young lot are not as good as they think they are but are not as bad as we think they are either. They may all band together too. Worse squads than theirs have probably played in the spl and survived by more than 15 points.

It was a joke.

Correct, but nor should that newco assume they will be granted entry to e.g. SFL 3 simply because previous newcos were granted such an inexplicable favouritism.

SaulGoodman
21-06-2013, 10:08 PM

Think people are getting confused because of redundancies here, just because they have not been released doesnt mean they will be there next season.

They are ALL still up for sale, so I'd imagine bids for their 'best' players will start coming in when the window opens.

Waxy
22-06-2013, 06:47 AM
With the yams in such poor shape. Perhaps any other SPL side with finance problems should use this season to go into admin also. Of course leaving it till they've made sure they cant get relegated.

Part/Time Supporter
22-06-2013, 08:16 AM
Think people are getting confused because of redundancies here, just because they have not been released doesnt mean they will be there next season.

They are ALL still up for sale, so I'd imagine bids for their 'best' players will start coming in when the window opens.

The window is open. The issue is that clubs won't offer bids for their players until they have a better idea of their situation. Why offer (say) £250K for a player who might be available for free in a month's time?

I think people are ignoring a very important factor, assuming they survive the season - they know exactly what they have to do from day one. There won't be any pretensions of qualifying for Europe or even making the top six, because those targets would require an unrealistic number of points from what's left of that squad. There is normally at least one team that struggles to get to 30 points each year - if they can get to 45 points (pre-deduction) they would be unlucky to be relegated. It's not as if they have been farting around for half the season and have then been hit with a deduction which leaves them far adrift with little time, playing resources or money to recover with.

The biggest danger is actually the start they've been given, which some folk on here have been moaning about for financial reasons. First three home games against Hibs, Aberdeen and Celtic. If their poor away record from last year continues there's a risk that they won't have more than (say) 1 win from those first 6-7 games. If everyone else is picking up a couple of wins in that time then the gap grows to nearer 20 points, which would be bad for morale.

mayo hibee
22-06-2013, 08:30 AM
With the yams in such poor shape. Perhaps any other SPL side with finance problems should use this season to go into admin also. Of course leaving it till they've made sure they cant get relegated.

This is pretty much Hearts only hope. If someone like Killie met the same fate in the next 12 months they could still escape. Otherwise not much chance for them with the squad they are likely to have. Of course this is only relevant if they even start the season which isn't at all guaranteed.

Kaiser1962
22-06-2013, 08:43 AM
Correct, but nor should that newco assume they will be granted entry to e.g. SFL 3 simply because previous newcos were granted such an inexplicable favouritism.

Sevco went to SFL3 because that was the lowest level in the league structure at that time. I recall there were attempts to parachute them into a higher league but these failed and start at the bottom it was.

The bottom tier has now moved and, following the Sevco precedent, it is reasonable to expect that Newyam FC would start in the Lowland League. I can see chaos otherwise as anything above that level could be perceived, by Newhun for starters, as preferential treatment.

Kaiser1962
22-06-2013, 08:56 AM
The biggest danger is actually the start they've been given, which some folk on here have been moaning about for financial reasons. First three home games against Hibs, Aberdeen and Celtic. If their poor away record from last year continues there's a risk that they won't have more than (say) 1 win from those first 6-7 games. If everyone else is picking up a couple of wins in that time then the gap grows to nearer 20 points, which would be bad for morale.

They will probably come out of the block unified with a sense of injustice and fighting for every ball in front of a raccous Tynecastle with the Yam hordes baying for opposition blood.

That will only take them so far, however, and if they havent made an impact into the -15 by the end of the first round of games then the futility of their situation will hit home. Young heads and hearts will weaken and the same Yam hordes will be baying for THEIR blood and desert them in droves, and the prospect of them seeing out the year, never mind the season, will evaporate.

Thats if they actually start the season which is, for me, currently 50-50 at the very best.

Waxy
22-06-2013, 09:06 AM
They will probably come out of the block unified with a sense of injustice and fighting for every ball in front of a raccous Tynecastle with the Yam hordes baying for opposition blood.

That will only take them so far, however, and if they havent made an impact into the -15 by the end of the first round of games then the futility of their situation will hit home. Young heads and hearts will weaken and the same Yam hordes will be baying for THEIR blood and desert them in droves, and the prospect of them seeing out the year, never mind the season, will evaporate.

Thats if they actually start the season which is, for me, currently 50-50 at the very best.I don't think they'll have a sense of injustice.They know the only injustice was their overspending.Seems a few of them are starting to open their eyes.Even their crap manager has said he wouldn't take the 1-5 if he knew what was coming.In other words he wouldn't have cheated if he knew he couldnt get away with it.

Kaiser1962
22-06-2013, 10:14 AM
I don't think they'll have a sense of injustice.They know the only injustice was their overspending.Seems a few of them are starting to open their eyes.Even their crap manager has said he wouldn't take the 1-5 if he knew what was coming.In other words he wouldn't have cheated if he knew he couldnt get away with it.

As this unfolds they will perceive themselves as victims, similar to Sevco believing they were relegated.

Waxy
22-06-2013, 10:49 AM
As this unfolds they will perceive themselves as victims, similar to Sevco believing they were relegated.You could be right.

Hibs Class
22-06-2013, 11:49 AM
Sevco went to SFL3 because that was the lowest level in the league structure at that time. I recall there were attempts to parachute them into a higher league but these failed and start at the bottom it was.

The bottom tier has now moved and, following the Sevco precedent, it is reasonable to expect that Newyam FC would start in the Lowland League. I can see chaos otherwise as anything above that level could be perceived, by Newhun for starters, as preferential treatment.

Other clubs, such as Spartans, may have liked the chance to take up the space created by the death of old co. Sevco were done a massive favour being allowed to enter SFL3 in their first season in existence.

Kaiser1962
22-06-2013, 11:53 AM
Other clubs, such as Spartans, may have liked the chance to take up the space created by the death of old co. Sevco were done a massive favour being allowed to enter SFL3 in their first season in existence.

No doubt about it. The vacancy should have been voted on by all clubs.

hibeedonald
22-06-2013, 12:35 PM

Thats if they actually start the season which is, for me, currently 50-50 at the very best.

They will come right at us in the derby and I hope the Hibs players take nothing for granted, as it could be a very enjoyable day. However it wouldn't shock me if we **** it up.

VickMackie
22-06-2013, 02:40 PM
If they struggle through the season and are relegated they'll probably have rangers to play in the first and will probably need a play off to get back up. Two seasons of reduced income down there will do them good. :greengrin

HKhibby
22-06-2013, 06:25 PM

This is new un chartered waters now with them going into administration...dont get me wrong i think they deserve everything that happens to them and more!, if they do survive...which i doubt, the next step could be the question of ground sharing!
I would personally be against it from the start...2 reasons, first of all to ground share you need to be at least solvent, and to be able to put some money into the shared ground...which they do not have.
secondly i just would not help them out plain and simple!, as it could also encourage more bad management as well...also just because it is them!

With Yolden Yeneration of Yams maturing nicely, they'll be a much stronger outfit next season.

I think it might be a push for them to catch Celtic with that 15 point deficit to make up, but they should stride effortless into Europe and pick up the big 'special relationship' cup or even the wee 'not bothered if win it or not' cup. The biggest blow will be the lack of Yooropean football, but I'm sure Yarcelona can be enticed back to Yurrayfield for another glamour friendly. Perhaps Messi and Vlad can arrange the fixture from a shared prison cell.

If you could find Romanov in the first place!

I'd be surprised if they can keep their morale through all the troubles ahead. Look at how we fared after the FTB takeover bid - we didn't have that bad a squad. In fact many of them went on to win the league cup the next year.

Yams have no money, probably no facilities, no continuity, and are relying heavily on the loyalty of their supporters. If they sell 10 k seasons, not much left for walk up. Also these are the same bunch of diehards that boycott ER when they are playing badly.

Nope, Johnny Yam does not like it up him - despite all the tough talk about blood and maroon shirts. Just imagine who is going to go along when it gets really toxic.

That place is about to explode. The in fighting will make Syria look like a Sunday School picnic. All of which is putting a lot on young shoulders.

Talking about facilities...do they still have Riccarton?,

22-06-2013, 06:32 PM
Jambo I know has put a bet on hearts to stay up and finish above hibs :faf:

He is convinced that the youngsters in the hearts team will rise to the challenge and told me to "expect a humping at tynie on the second of the season" :faf::faf::faf:

Poor wee scone, I would have bit but don't want to upset the poor wee scone just before his bedtime so i'll let him keep believing!

This is new un chartered waters now with them going into administration...dont get me wrong i think they deserve everything that happens to them and more!, if they do survive...which i doubt, the next step could be the question of ground sharing!
I would personally be against it from the start...2 reasons, first of all to ground share you need to be at least solvent, and to be able to put some money into the shared ground...which they do not have.
secondly i just would not help them out plain and simple!, as it could also encourage more bad management as well...also just because it is them!

If you could find Romanov in the first place!

Talking about facilities...do they still have Riccarton?,

They have already tryed that suggestion before and were quite rightly told by hibs and the hibs fans to GTF :bye::fenlon

KWJ
23-06-2013, 01:18 PM
What's their team looking like now then in comparison to last seasons?

With Hamill being back from injury and on reduced terms along with their keeper and Stevenson they still have some experience in there.

Are Taoil, Sutton, Zaliukas, Webster, Grainger, Driver and co all away or could they stay on?

mjhibby
23-06-2013, 01:47 PM
What's their team looking like now then in comparison to last seasons?

With Hamill being back from injury and on reduced terms along with their keeper and Stevenson they still have some experience in there.

Are Taoil, Sutton, Zaliukas, Webster, Grainger, Driver and co all away or could they stay on?

Im sure taoil, grainger and driver are away and presumably two out of the rest are those made redundant.Whatever the case may be it is still a much weakened team from a few weeks ago which starts the season on -15 points.Unless thistle are really gash relegation is a certainty.oh happy days.Cant subscribe to the view that we need them as the thought of them disappearing makes me feel very happy inside.A bit like the hellish neighbours who decide to move to your enormous relief.

seven nowt
23-06-2013, 01:56 PM
Even if they never had a points deduction, they'd still finish bottom 2. All their best players will be gone and ye cannae win wi' kids!

Ozyhibby
20-07-2013, 11:10 AM
Not much happening on the admin front just now so here is something that will raise a few chuckle on a sat afternoon.
It's kickbacks prediction for the season thread.
http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/index.php?/topic/130560-predictions-for-next-season/

Northernhibee
20-07-2013, 11:42 AM
Not much happening on the admin front just now so here is something that will raise a few chuckle on a sat afternoon.
http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/index.php?/topic/130560-predictions-for-next-season/

Tell you what, here's my prediction of the season.

Hearts will have a shakey start to the season when they realise that they no longer exist. The thought of minus fifteen proves to be a heavy thought, as teams pick up points in the lower half of the SPL Hearts fail to do so on the count that they no longer exist.

Things pick up just before Christmas, as Nolongerexistback decide that no longer existing was worth it because 5-1 hobo wee team Rudi lol, meanwhile Hibs are denied another stunning derby free kick goal on the account that Hearts no longer exist.

After Christmas the likes of Kevin McHattie mean that the Argos stockroom have the best junior staff in Scotland...maybe the whole of Argos!...and that Amazon will go bust before Argos anyway and they're a Hibee company, always in their shadow.

The new playoff slot proves nervy, the most notable thing being Hearts aren't involved as they no longer exist. Gary Locke says "We're all inexperienced at this Hearts not existing malarky and we'll be better at not existing next year" and they finally end out share certificates for Hearts who no longer exist.

Hibs then win the Scottish cup after a goal in the 89th minute from Derek Riordan who scores his 50th goal of the season before riding a spaceship to mars with the woman from the Irn Bru adverts with the enormous tits.

matty_f
20-07-2013, 11:45 AM

Hearts will have a shakey start to the season when they realise that they no longer exist. The thought of minus fifteen proves to be a heavy thought, as teams pick up points in the lower half of the SPL Hearts fail to do so on the count that they no longer exist.

Things pick up just before Christmas, as Nolongerexistback decide that no longer existing was worth it because 5-1 hobo wee team Rudi lol, meanwhile Hibs are denied another stunning derby free kick goal on the account that Hearts no longer exist.

After Christmas the likes of Kevin McHattie mean that the Argos stockroom have the best junior staff in Scotland...maybe the whole of Argos!...and that Amazon will go bust before Argos anyway and they're a Hibee company, always in their shadow.

The new playoff slot proves nervy, the most notable thing being Hearts aren't involved as they no longer exist. Gary Locke says "We're all inexperienced at this Hearts not existing malarky and we'll be better at not existing next year" and they finally end out share certificates for Hearts who no longer exist.

Hibs then win the Scottish cup after a goal in the 89th minute from Derek Riordan who scores his 50th goal of the season before riding a spaceship to mars with the woman from the Irn Bru adverts with the enormous tits.

:faf:

Jones28
20-07-2013, 11:48 AM

:not worth Best post on this thread, thats saying something because there have been a few beauties!

Jack Hackett
20-07-2013, 12:05 PM

tbf, there's a lot of realism in there and predictably, hope...and why not? It's all they have left

clerriehibs
20-07-2013, 12:20 PM

10/10 !!

johnrebus
20-07-2013, 12:22 PM

Yeah, but who are the enormous tits?

My money's on Fatjimknew and pishy breeks Foulkes.

hibees 7062
20-07-2013, 12:51 PM

Hibs 10th (who is going to score for them),
Wow it should read ( who is going to score for us ) Roasters
First team to win the SPFL with a 15 point deduction , but its never been won before
New league new Dawn it's a new campaign for us :greengrin

LongshanksED
20-07-2013, 03:18 PM
From keeckback
" I think teams like county, Inverness , st mirren and killie are catchable."

The same Ross county and Inverness that was in a Europa League spot dogfight with St Johnstone going into the final couple of games?

Deluded clowns

easty
20-07-2013, 03:24 PM

Not in my opinion. With no pyramid structure in place, the available slot in the SFL3 should have gone to the club who were best suited to take it. Sevco were clearly that.

Kaiser1962
20-07-2013, 03:36 PM
Not in my opinion. With no pyramid structure in place, the available slot in the SFL3 should have gone to the club who were best suited to take it. Sevco were clearly that.

Pyramid structure is now in place, is it not? Where does that leave any NewYam incarnation?

InterviewLoI
20-07-2013, 05:17 PM
Pyramid structure is now in place, is it not? Where does that leave any NewYam incarnation?

Considering The Rangers owned a (top-class) stadium, had (good) players under contract, a (decent) manager, the works, they were in a much better position than Hearts may find themselves! No Tynecastle, no contracted staff, I'd give someone like Spartans the spot!

AndyM_1875
20-07-2013, 06:09 PM
Considering The Rangers owned a (top-class) stadium, had (good) players under contract, a (decent) manager, the works, they were in a much better position than Hearts may find themselves! No Tynecastle, no contracted staff, I'd give someone like Spartans the spot!

If I'd been the chairman of Montrose or East Stirling I'd have voted Rangers in over any other challenger last year. You have to do what is right financially for your club. It's totally understandable.

jonny
20-07-2013, 06:33 PM

If I'm wrong I'm happy to be corrected but I'm sure I read somewhere that the 1st promotion/relegation to/from the football league will be for the start of season 2015/16.
Essentially if they go into liquidation and are ready to come back prior to that and they have suitable structure in place they should parachute into the 3rd division. If it's after that then Lowland league it is.

Kaiser_Sauzee
20-07-2013, 06:33 PM

Outstanding. :greengrin

Kaiser1962
20-07-2013, 06:39 PM
If I'm wrong I'm happy to be corrected but I'm sure I read somewhere that the 1st promotion/relegation to/from the football league will be for the start of season 2015/16.
Essentially if they go into liquidation and are ready to come back prior to that and they have suitable structure in place they should parachute into the 3rd division. If it's after that then Lowland league it is.

You may well be right.

I recall its not until 2014-2015 that the SPFL bottom club will face a play off.

Sir David Gray
20-07-2013, 06:51 PM
Hopefully they'll be relegated before the clocks go forward.

That's if they're not liquidated by then.

Famous Fiver
20-07-2013, 08:02 PM
I don't get all this 'Hearts are Tom Kite.' Raith 0 Hibs 0 Raith0 Hearts 5. I think we need to look at ourselves first before writing them off. I think liquidation is more likely than a walkover.

matty_f
20-07-2013, 08:09 PM
I don't get all this 'Hearts are Tom Kite.' Raith 0 Hibs 0 Raith0 Hearts 5. I think we need to look at ourselves first before writing them off. I think liquidation is more likely than a walkover.
They drew 0-0 with Queen of the South today. Pre-season results mean hee-haw.

Northernhibee
20-07-2013, 08:56 PM
Hopefully they'll be relegated before the clocks go forward.

That's if they're not liquidated by then.

TBH what will happen after Hearts cease to exist is that Pishy pants Foulkes will decide that because Hearts didn't get the chance to compete for a Champions League slot and fail to do so (because they no longer exist), that'll be just about the same as actually existing, competing in the Champions League and winning it so they can add that to their list of achievements such as single handely winning two world wars, being quite good at Ker-Plunk and getting three numbers on the lottery once.

Geo_1875
21-07-2013, 07:49 AM
If I'd been the chairman of Montrose or East Stirling I'd have voted Rangers in over any other challenger last year. You have to do what is right financially for your club. It's totally understandable.

So you reckon they were right to give up any hope of competing in the league to rake in a bit of money? Surely they exist to compete and should have told Sevco to GTF and applied their own rules on clubs with 3 years accounts.

HKhibby
21-07-2013, 08:29 AM

Totally agree, never completly write them off!...but it will help if St Johstone can beat them first game of the season and then us beating them the next week at ***********!...if it exists, this will help with their up hill struggle against rlegation!, one last point hopefully they do not come out of administration before the end of August...that way whatever they are or who owns them will not be able to sign any players as the transfer deadline will have passed!

Bostonhibby
21-07-2013, 08:40 AM
Wow, just mind blowing, the majority of it is really just driven by the same point blank refusal to look at reality that got them into the mess in the first place.

Talk of points totals and league positions is all very well but starting the season would be any sane persons first priority. As it stands, Liquidation looks a 75/25 prospect to me. Unless of course some deals are being cut in yam filled rooms somewhere.......

Eyrie
21-07-2013, 09:31 AM
So you reckon they were right to give up any hope of competing in the league to rake in a bit of money? Surely they exist to compete and should have told Sevco to GTF and applied their own rules on clubs with 3 years accounts.

Not that simple. The clubs involved are run on a shoestring, so the financial consideration is important.

If an existing club like Spartans had been admitted instead of Sevco Huns then the best the other nine clubs could hope for was that the new entrants finish bottom, which would mean every club finishing one place higher than happened when Sevco Huns were admitted instead. That extra prize money for being one place higher would be far less than the guaranteed money of two lucrative visits from Sevco Huns and the attendant TV money.

Although the presence of Sevco Huns would mean no chance of winning the league, there would still be three playoff places to compete for. And it's not as if the Division Three clubs are going to get a financial windfall by being in Division Two anyway. There is a cold logic to what happened, even although it lacked sporting integrity.

Pray4Marc
21-07-2013, 09:33 AM

From what I've heard from Hearts fans, they will be sitting mid table by November and will have 2nd wrapped up by Feb. Then the final push for the title.

Eyrie
21-07-2013, 09:36 AM
From what I've heard from Hearts fans, they will be sitting mid table by November and will have 2nd wrapped up by Feb. Then the final push for the title.
I assume that's in Division Three.

CropleyWasGod
21-07-2013, 10:14 AM

Hibs.net myth. :wink:

New entrants don't need 3 years accounts. At most, they only need one. However:-

Exceptional dispensation may be granted by the Licensing Committee in certain cases where a club is unable to provide histori
cal financial
information . Clubs will be required to submit written reasons for such an exceptional request.

Pray4Marc
21-07-2013, 10:57 AM
I assume that's in Division Three.

Champions League.

Waxy
28-07-2013, 10:42 AM
To anyone who thinks we are so bad we'll finish bottom.
The bookies are usually correct.4/7 Willyhills to go down.

sambajustice
28-07-2013, 10:47 AM
without 3 or 4 new players and a new manager i'm pretty confident we'll finish bottom.

whats the Hibs relegation odds? I might lump on!

Makaveli
28-07-2013, 10:48 AM
without 3 or 4 new players and a new manager i'm pretty confident we'll finish bottom.

We're 1/10 to finish above Hearts. Your confidence is thoroughly misplaced.

sambajustice
28-07-2013, 10:51 AM
We're 1/10 to finish above Hearts. Your confidence is thoroughly misplaced.

If that means Hearts are 10/1 to finish above us then thats worth a wee tenner or a score anyway!

Makaveli
28-07-2013, 10:53 AM
If that means Hearts are 10/1 to finish above us then thats worth a wee tenner or a score anyway!

That's not how odds work. They're 11/2, which I wouldn't touch even without the 15 point deduction.

KeithTheHibby
28-07-2013, 10:56 AM

Ridiculous post.

LioNeilMessi
28-07-2013, 10:57 AM
To anyone who thinks we are so bad we'll finish bottom.
The bookies are usually correct.4/7 Willyhills to go down.

Billy Dodds tipped them to go down too.. He's usually full of *****, so now I'm a bit worried :bitchy:

Green Fish
28-07-2013, 10:59 AM
Unfortunately I think that they'll stay up. Hope I'm wrong. There are other clubs on the brink, such as Killie.

I was talking to a utd fan, apparently paying Goodwillie 6k per week. And a further 7 or 8 players in and looking for a couple more.

The Voice Of Reason
28-07-2013, 11:05 AM
I fear that hearts will stay up also.

Patrick, St Mirren and dare I say it, us, could be their saviours.

Leithenhibby
28-07-2013, 11:06 AM

:yawn:

Waxy
28-07-2013, 11:25 AM
Full odds

Scottish Premiership 2013/14
To Finish Bottom

Hearts 4/7
Partick 4/1
Kilmarnock 8/1
St Mirren 8/1
Ross Co 12/1
St Johnstone 12/1
Inverness 14/1
Hibernian 33/1
Dundee Utd 40/1
Aberdeen 100/1
Motherwell 100/1
Celtic 1000/1

Strangely though in the betting to win (without Celtic)
Yams are 20/1 along with St Mirren and Killie
With Partick bottom at 33/1.
I don't get that.

The Voice Of Reason
28-07-2013, 11:29 AM
Full odds

Scottish Premiership 2013/14
To Finish Bottom

Hearts 4/7
Partick 4/1
Kilmarnock 8/1
St Mirren 8/1
Ross Co 12/1
St Johnstone 12/1
Inverness 14/1
Hibernian 33/1
Dundee Utd 40/1
Aberdeen 100/1
Motherwell 100/1
Celtic 1000/1

Strangely though in the betting to win (without Celtic)
Yams are 20/1 along with St Mirren and Killie
With Partick bottom at 33/1.
I don't get that.

So that bookie thinks we will finish 5th then - wow!

I'd have a bet that we will finish lower than 5th for sure!

OrdHibby
28-07-2013, 11:39 AM
Is this for relegation or to finish bottom because 2 teams could go down therefor there's a few tasty prices there for e/w bets.:cb

Waxy
28-07-2013, 11:42 AM
Three big High st bookies prices
Hearts to finish bottom

William Hill 4/7
Ladbrokes 8/15
Coral 2/5

All bookies have Hibs 5th in the betting so we are favs for a top 6 finish.
Not that it'll work that way

Waxy
28-07-2013, 11:43 AM
Is this for relegation or to finish bottom because 2 teams could go down therefor there's a few tasty prices there for e/w bets.:cbTo finish bottom.Can't see a relegation market.

Killiehibbie
28-07-2013, 11:53 AM
Fenlon evens to be next SPL manager to leave post must be a safe bet.

Makaveli
28-07-2013, 11:54 AM
Three big High st bookies prices
Hearts to finish bottom

William Hill 4/7
Ladbrokes 8/15
Coral 2/5

All bookies have Hibs 5th in the betting so we are favs for a top 6 finish.
Not that it'll work that way

Not all. Bet Victor have us finishing 7th in their bottom-six market (http://www.oddschecker.com/football/scottish/premiership/scottish-premiership/bottom-6-finish) and joint 6th/7th in their top-six market.

1.91 top six, 1.8 bottom six.

Wotherspiniesta
28-07-2013, 11:56 AM
They're 4/7 for a reason.

-15 to start and a pish squad of youngsters.

They should be shorter.

Makaveli
28-07-2013, 12:06 PM
To finish bottom.Can't see a relegation market.

Do you use betfair, mate? I no longer do, but their market is called "Scottish Premiership - Relegation 2013/2014" (http://www.betfair.com/exchange/football/market?id=1.109910847).

Very little matched/available so far but you can get 1.85 on Hearts, which is insanely high even if it was only for bottom place.

When you click Rules it states: "Which teams will be relegated this season?" suggesting that relegation via play-offs would count...

carnoustiehibee
28-07-2013, 12:28 PM
Hearts got 44 points in TOTAL last season

They took till 17th of November to reach 15 points

They had only 24 points at new year.

4/7 is therefore a cracking price for Hearts to go down, thats if they arent pushed before then :na na::rules:@gdown:

Aldo
28-07-2013, 12:42 PM
To reach 44 points this season they need to win 20 games (or a mixture of wins and draws) which is 9 more than last season.

Can we really see then winning 20 games this season... Nah

They will be relegated no doubts but that's if they make it before they go Bang

jgl07
28-07-2013, 12:46 PM
Hibs.net myth. :wink:

New entrants don't need 3 years accounts. At most, they only need one. However:-

Exceptional dispensation may be granted by the Licensing Committee in certain cases where a club is unable to provide historical financial information . Clubs will be required to submit written reasons for such an exceptional request.

Well if the accounts are not supplied, how will checks for Financial Fair Play be applied? This is to check if the losses over a three year period are within the permitted bands.

A team could 'bury' all its losses in one seasons' accounts and then be 'unable' to submit them for that season.

In any event if 'Rangers' are supposed to be the same entity as the previous club, then surely they should submit those accounts to UEFA?

woody47
28-07-2013, 01:12 PM
I'll be honest, I really don't see why we have better odds than St J and ICT. We are dire and if it was not for the yams we would be relegation candidates. And who is to say we wont start badly and be chasing the pack from the off.
We need to have a reality check as ther is nothing I have seen over the past few years that fills me with any confidence that we will even make the top six.