PDA

View Full Version : Display for Our European home tie...

UltrasHibernian
20-06-2013, 10:52 AM
As most folk will know/seen on here there was a few arguments/petty squabbles and the future of sect43 looking as if its down the pan, however most of us have put differences to the side, we will be meeting up to discuss a plan soon for the future. Most likely not under the group name until we have the grass roots of what a group of our nature needs. We will however be building gradually and keep doing what we have been.

So putting that to the side, a plan for putting on one of Scotland's biggest displays is on the cards. We always said as a group we never tried to get people involved properly, people who understand what it is we want to achieve, so we will be opening this up to people who would like to get involved and understand the mentality of what we require to build.

So basically due to the sheer size of what we want to create, we cannot do it without the help and donations from the Hibernian family, I assure this will be the most impressive thing within the stands ever to be done at our home ground.

People who are interested in getting involved within making displays and growing the fan culture at our club drop myself a PM, we will be getting most lads together at some point soon and would be good meet some new faces.

All donations can be sent to: section43hibs@hotmail.co.uk

Further thanks to all hibs fans who have supported and helped previous displays happen.

We are also looking for somewhere with a flat wall between at least 5/6 metres in height by a decent length if anyone knows a place a quick pm would be appreciated. Also if anyone owns an overhead projector/digital projector we can use would come in handy and help us fire through it so much quicker than with the 2 we have at the moment.

Suggestions of good ways to raise funds will also be appreciated, as we are aiming for around the 900 mark for the display, although a back up will be in place as we will crack on as soon as we have enough to do the first stage.

Thanks for taking the time to read through this and any information required feel free to pm myself.

frazeHFC
20-06-2013, 01:38 PM
So long as money is raised the display won't disappoint.

Can't wait for the ER European ties this season / in the future, big crowd and the place will be bouncing!

UltrasHibernian
20-06-2013, 01:49 PM
So long as money is raised the display won't disappoint.

Can't wait for the ER European ties this season / in the future, big crowd and the place will be bouncing!

Yep for me it would be the best and most effort put into one display, plans are cracking.

Alex Trager
20-06-2013, 02:29 PM
We able to find out what your plans are or?

UltrasHibernian
20-06-2013, 02:48 PM
We able to find out what your plans are or?

Design won't be shared although if funds can be raised everyone who helps out will know what the design is, plan is a surfer almost the size of the east stand.

Thecat23
20-06-2013, 02:54 PM
I'll defo be donating. You guys deserve a huge amount of credit for the efforts from the likes of the cup final and other games.

I wasn't a fan of you boys if I'm honest and thought its a bad idea having this sect43, but I couldn't be more wrong. I personally think you boys are a credit to Hibernian. Keep up the good work.

WestEndHibee
20-06-2013, 03:07 PM
I too wasn't sure what you would bring to Easter Road but having you guys there has really enhanced the matchday experience. I know the players talk about it too. I understand there's a few issues about what direction to take but it really would be a shame if there wasn't an organisation next year. Keep it up and keep us posted!

hibs4thecup1988
20-06-2013, 05:53 PM
The easiest way to raise cash obviously has to be a race night as this has unlimited potenial and I'm sure there would be a club willing to lend you premises for free or cheap

down-the-slope
20-06-2013, 06:14 PM
The easiest way to raise cash obviously has to be a race night as this has unlimited potenial and I'm sure there would be a club willing to lend you premises for free or cheap

Mark Urwin - who wears many hats, among which is involvement with Tranent Rugby Club is your man. He does races nights excellently (they make money from the bar) As long as people put in the effort to sell horses it can make shed loads...

NAE NOOKIE
20-06-2013, 06:15 PM
As most folk will know/seen on here there was a few arguments/petty squabbles and the future of sect43 looking as if its down the pan, however most of us have put differences to the side, we will be meeting up to discuss a plan soon for the future. Most likely not under the group name until we have the grass roots of what a group of our nature needs. We will however be building gradually and keep doing what we have been.

So putting that to the side, a plan for putting on one of Scotland's biggest displays is on the cards. We always said as a group we never tried to get people involved properly, people who understand what it is we want to achieve, so we will be opening this up to people who would like to get involved and understand the mentality of what we require to build.

So basically due to the sheer size of what we want to create, we cannot do it without the help and donations from the Hibernian family, I assure this will be the most impressive thing within the stands ever to be done at our home ground.

People who are interested in getting involved within making displays and growing the fan culture at our club drop myself a PM, we will be getting most lads together at some point soon and would be good meet some new faces.

All donations can be sent to: section43hibs@hotmail.co.uk

Further thanks to all hibs fans who have supported and helped previous displays happen.

We are also looking for somewhere with a flat wall between at least 5/6 metres in height by a decent length if anyone knows a place a quick pm would be appreciated. Also if anyone owns an overhead projector/digital projector we can use would come in handy and help us fire through it so much quicker than with the 2 we have at the moment.

Suggestions of good ways to raise funds will also be appreciated, as we are aiming for around the 900 mark for the display, although a back up will be in place as we will crack on as soon as we have enough to do the first stage.

Thanks for taking the time to read through this and any information required feel free to pm myself.

Re the highlighted bit.

Have I missed something?

hibs4thecup1988
20-06-2013, 06:16 PM
Mark Urwin - who wears many hats, among which is involvement with Tranent Rugby Club is your man. He does races nights excellently (they make money from the bar) As long as people put in the effort to sell horses it can make shed loads...

8/10 races. 8 horses a race fiver a horse. Plus race sponsors and sponsors of the whole event. Looking at in excess of 750 and that's before people betting...

surreyhibbie
20-06-2013, 06:20 PM
Re the highlighted bit.

Have I missed something?

Me too!

But no matter, i think you guys are doing a fantastic job, and would be happy to chip in a few quid to help. Live too far away to be of practical help though, i'm afraid..

:aok:

Pretty Boy
20-06-2013, 06:22 PM
Re the highlighted bit.

Have I missed something?

From what I picked up it was something to do with accepting money from William Hill for the SC display.

surreyhibbie
20-06-2013, 06:24 PM
8/10 races. 8 horses a race fiver a horse. Plus race sponsors and sponsors of the whole event. Looking at in excess of 750 and that's before people betting...

When i do them, we aLso have an auction race, selling the horses to the highest bidder. We get syndicates pushing the prices up, and we pay out all sales cash to the first three, but you could always take a percentage... We tend to make enough on the betting. And the bar...

:aok:

God Petrie
20-06-2013, 06:28 PM
Great news that Sect43 is still going to be here for next season.

California-Hibs
20-06-2013, 07:42 PM

This. :agree:

Jamie
20-06-2013, 08:07 PM
I'll defo be donating. You guys deserve a huge amount of credit for the efforts from the likes of the cup final and other games.

I wasn't a fan of you boys if I'm honest and thought its a bad idea having this sect43, but I couldn't be more wrong. I personally think you boys are a credit to Hibernian. Keep up the good work.

This is NOT sect43!

Jamie
20-06-2013, 08:08 PM

They aint, this is a breakaway group called **** know what!

josef k
20-06-2013, 08:13 PM
They aint, this is a breakaway group called **** know what!

The peoples front of section 43?

What's in a name - if a group of his fans are getting together to help make our support more colorful and noisy I salute them - payment will be made (come pay day)

Hibs3-2
20-06-2013, 08:13 PM
Agree with previous points. This isnt anything to do with sect43. Sect43 has finished and any further displays shouldnt be associated with them

frazeHFC
20-06-2013, 08:23 PM
Doesn't matter who is doing the display, we are all Hibees.

Next season the atmosphere at games (Killie, Hearts away etc) will be the same because the whole support was contributing to the noise.

Pretty Boy
20-06-2013, 08:28 PM
It's really nothing to do with me but my advice would be don't take this too seriously.

Whatever the disagreements or whatever, at the end of the day it's just a group of young guys going to the football for a sing song. Don't go to war with each other and don't try to get too political a la the green brigade.

NAE NOOKIE
20-06-2013, 08:39 PM
It's really nothing to do with me but my advice would be don't take this too seriously.

Whatever the disagreements or whatever, at the end of the day it's just a group of young guys going to the football for a sing song. Don't go to war with each other and don't try to get too political a la the green brigade.

This is what prompted my question. I would hate to think that we would have two factions in competition with each other, or even worse who are at war.

Section 43 ... the singing section, whatever you want to call it, has had a positive effect as far as I can see and it would be a real shame if the momentum they have created were to stall now.

Kaff
20-06-2013, 08:55 PM
This is what prompted my question. I would hate to think that we would have two factions in competition with each other, or even worse who are at war.

Section 43 ... the singing section, whatever you want to call it, has had a positive effect as far as I can see and it would be a real shame if the momentum they have created were to stall now.

+1

Keep up the good work, ye radges:greengrin:flag:

Cabbage East
20-06-2013, 08:56 PM
I hear the arguments started over the theft of a pair of grey joggers. Shocking.

:greengrin

Thecat23
20-06-2013, 08:59 PM
This is NOT sect43!

Sorry my apologies. Seemed to have missed the whole we're Sect43 and the Sect 43 are no more along with the sect43 will be there next year.

So this is just random fans then? Is there a Sect43? If not what happened? Sorry in advance for not noticing the thread that must have covered this.

Pretty Boy
20-06-2013, 09:03 PM

lucky
20-06-2013, 09:07 PM
Never heard of a dispute between different singing groups. Will one group have to move?:greengrin What a lot of crap. Get over your egos. It's about the team not about different sections. Could be worse you could be having a bake off.

Hibs3-2
20-06-2013, 09:12 PM
Sorry my apologies. Seemed to have missed the whole we're Sect43 and the Sect 43 are no more along with the sect43 will be there next year.

So this is just random fans then? Is there a Sect43? If not what happened? Sorry in advance for not noticing the thread that must have covered this.

No. Sect43 as a group had ended. There was several internal reasons for the end of Sect43 which i think wouldnt be fair to publically announce.

These folk who are planning a display are guys who want to maintain displays at ER. TBH they should of set up another paypal account without using the Sect43 name but fair play for trying to continue a colourful athmosphere at ER.

Good luck to these guys.

Islington Hibs
20-06-2013, 09:18 PM
Very sorry to hear Section 43 is no more. Think it was a brilliant initiative especially after our darkest hour. Perhaps did more than anything to improve the atmosphere from negativity to positivity. It has been contagious. Well done and please come back!

down-the-slope
20-06-2013, 10:29 PM
A required outing for those of a certain age :greengrin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gb_qHP7VaZE

RoYO!
20-06-2013, 10:37 PM
Never heard of a dispute between different singing groups.

West side story?

fat freddy
20-06-2013, 10:41 PM
[QUOTE=lucky;3649612]Never heard of a dispute between different singing groups.

Oasis and Blur?

UltrasHibernian
20-06-2013, 10:49 PM
Simple story cut short, few lads fell out then after a cool off period a couple wanted to keep it going which was openly posted on the forum, 4 people fully said they won't take part in anything such as display making, at games ect.

Few agreed to start at grass routes, displays and gradually build a good group of lads while continuing something at Easter road as stated in the OP it wouldn't be under a banner with a name, just a group of lads, singsong, displays and so on. Try and get 43 back on track as most will agree its a waste to just chuck all the work done away. Simple as that, now a few 43 lads seem to be saying its not 43, sorry but there is more people in 43 wanting the group to continue, we were all apart in some way. I started the group way back, and its sprouted to something good, and its something that won't die away now, name or no name banner or no banner, we are all hibs, we want to create this display for the team. Now that a few of us want to keep going doing displays it seems ex 43 lads want to have a go.

Purple & Green
20-06-2013, 11:07 PM

Stating the obvious here, but have you approached William hills? Their support created an awesome cup final display.

VivaHiberņa
20-06-2013, 11:54 PM
Simple story cut short, few lads fell out then after a cool off period a couple wanted to keep it going which was openly posted on the forum, 4 people fully said they won't take part in anything such as display making, at games ect.

Few agreed to start at grass routes, displays and gradually build a good group of lads while continuing something at Easter road as stated in the OP it wouldn't be under a banner with a name, just a group of lads, singsong, displays and so on. Try and get 43 back on track as most will agree its a waste to just chuck all the work done away. Simple as that, now a few 43 lads seem to be saying its not 43, sorry but there is more people in 43 wanting the group to continue, we were all apart in some way. I started the group way back, and its sprouted to something good, and its something that won't die away now, name or no name banner or no banner, we are all hibs, we want to create this display for the team. Now that a few of us want to keep going doing displays it seems ex 43 lads want to have a go.

Sounds like there are still disagreements. I can't say I know what's going on so I'm not going to involve myself but I'd just like to say that it's good to hear that people are still keen to make a bit of noise and get behind the team regardless of names etc, that's what it's about after all.

Have you thought about calling yourselves "The Sect43"? :wink: :na na:

Stating the obvious here, but have you approached William hills? Their support created an awesome cup final display.

The tone of your post and lack of smileys suggests you're not on the wind-up. Like I've said, it's not my place to comment but I think it's safe to say that Hill's is something of a no go atm.

Kaff
21-06-2013, 12:03 AM

As an admirer of Sect43, and someone who joins in with the singing in a large part because of you, I would urge you to be more concentrated on keeping the 'singing section' going than with displays. I love them at the big games but i'm sure most would say the best thing to come out of your fledgling existence has been 'Allez, Allez....' as an example of your support.
The one game that sticks in my mind was the 1-4 defeat to Celtic in the SCP, we took a very early lead and my abiding memory was the constant support the away fans gave their team (easy I know when they win so often) for a while Celtic were struggling yet the support never wavered and they gradually wore us down and beat us convincingly, if their fans turned on them would it have been so straightforward?
My point is that I've been at games where Sect43 have not given up on the team and it has definitely reduced the negativity in the ground, to the point of being positive even when losing, the longer this goes on the more old codgers like me get involved and stop the moaning. C'mon you know it makes sense, shut us old buggers up!!!!

HibeeMG
21-06-2013, 01:25 AM
Like most replies on here, I'm a big fan of the work done by Sect 43 last season.

I don't understand why these guys can't arrange the display under the name Sect 43 though. It's not as if anyone else is using it.

Pete
21-06-2013, 02:27 AM

Having a group and banners/displays at ER is great. I'm so happy there will be a continuation in some form.

You should learn from Sect43 though. They took on some tough challenges and gave some awesome displays.

However, quality is better than quantity sometimes...and it's a lot easier to handle.:aok:

Lucius Apuleius
21-06-2013, 05:55 AM
Ae they still going to be in Sect 43? If so I guess they are still Sect 43.

Chuck Rhoades
21-06-2013, 06:02 AM
Everyone in the group will still be there in the same place next year. Just nothing official or going by any name.

Some people had their differences, but a lot can't put the hours in anymore as they have other commitments, work/uni/moving out of town/kids etc.

There were only 15-20 who really got stuck in when it came to organising buses/tickets/displays etc and the reality was that with half moving on it would never work.

We'll plod along with no pressure on us and come up with the odd display from time to time.

Waxy
21-06-2013, 07:08 AM
Sect 42?

blackpoolhibs
21-06-2013, 07:19 AM
I don't understand why we cant call it section 43 anymore? If those who have left and dont want anything to do with it anymore want to do that then fine, but its not for them to take the name.

The name stays with the part of the ground that most of the singing starts, and those who are there should in my opinion still use it when organising flag displays and money collections.

I agree with what everyone else has said, the folk in section 43 have started something at Easter road, and they have been like a breath of fresh air that needs to continue and grow imo.

Now you all know my opinion on where it should be, but while its in the east and starting in section 43, thats what i will still be calling it, just as i still call the away end the Dunbar end. :greengrin

PS, will they be recalling all the scarfs and T shirts they have sold, and refunding everyone their money? :wink:

21-06-2013, 07:32 AM

Agreed. They are a credit to hibernian fc and the amount of effort they all go through to come up with and create absolutely first class displays is just fantastic. Massive massive well done to everyone involved in the displays and obviously all sect 43 members, can't wait to see what you guys have lined up for the new season and our european game(s).

More than happy to make a small donation towards you guys as like I say I think you all do a fantastic job at creating an atmostphere at ER and away aswell.

Keep up the good work guys!

Allez Allez Au :flag:

vercol36
21-06-2013, 08:44 AM
A required outing for those of a certain age :greengrin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gb_qHP7VaZE

:faf: Was about to post this myself.

This isn't Section 43, it's the Forty-Third Section. No wait, it's the United Singing Section of 43. No, it's SXLIII.

Seriously, I'm pretty happy that there still seems to be some form of organisation in the Singing Section. However, can I suggest that before people start being asked to donate money, we are given a brief idea of what individuals are running this thing? Before, if there was a problem, we would have been able to go to Sect43 during a home game and ask a few questions. Now we are having to donate our money to a scattered group of folk in the South section of the East?

hibs4thecup1988
21-06-2013, 09:34 AM
So then...fundraising ideas? :confused:

I appreciate there has been falling outs, and whatever else. But for the good of the team and club this has to be kept going.

If you guys need Ģ900 then race night, or a charity golf/snooker day or something.

PM me if you would like any help ultra

Cheers