PDA

View Full Version : Fraser Mullen signs for Hibs

Pages : 1 [2]

Thecat23
29-06-2013, 12:30 PM
Be good if he is. Just for him to get a feel for it and learn about the players around him.

seven nowt
29-06-2013, 12:30 PM
Seen him many times for youth side in Hibs/Hearts derbies. He looked like the best player on the park. Good signing. Was he brought up a Hibee?.. He speaks highly of us.

IWasThere2016
29-06-2013, 12:31 PM
@FraserMullen_: Delighted to have signed a deal at Hibs. Hard work starts now and can't wait to get started. Also massive thanks to everyone at @Viola_FC

That's it official now.

I was told he signed on Tuesday past.

Thecat23
29-06-2013, 12:32 PM
Seen him many times for youth side in Hibs/Hearts derbies. He looked like the best player on the park. Good signing. Was he brought up a Hibee?.. He speaks highly of us.

He's from Glasgow I think mate. He didnt support Hibs or Hearts.

Thecat23
29-06-2013, 12:33 PM
I was told he signed on Tuesday past.

Yeah I posted a while back too mate he was signed. It's just made public now.

--------
29-06-2013, 01:02 PM
The Lad's from Glasgow, so lets just get behind him and stop all this he's an ex jambo nonsense, at the end of the day he's a pro footballer, that's all that matters.

Exactly. The following demonstrates the interviewer's "impartial" point of view very well, I think:

Should the move get the go-ahead, the prospect of playing in his first derby in green and white is a strange one for Mullen. He added: “It will be weird playing against Hearts because I’ve known a lot of the boys for a really long time and am good pals with a lot of them.” Ironically, Mullen’s last game for Hearts was in the goalless derby against Hibs at Easter Road in March. The youngster took dogs’ abuse from the Hibs fans in the East Stand as he limped off with a foot injury which ultimately ended his season.

Evil Hibbies abusing a kid who's just been seriously injured, and all for absolutely no reason at all. Dreadful!

I have no doubt whatsoever that the interview has been well-spun by the useless drunken hack responsible.

Personally, I'm more than ready to forgive the challenge on Done. I'm of that school of opinion that relishes a bit of bite in a full-back. In the old days the Golden Rule was that if the winger went past you once, the next time he tried it he went into the wall. Of course, in those days as long as you took a wee bit of the ball on the way through, it was seen as nothing worse than a robust tackle. (That was Joe T's mistake when he went after Wee Gogsy - he forgot all about the ball.) Nowadays you have to be a wee bit more circumspect, but there are still ways to get away with it.

Hearts have released him - Hibs have offered him terms. He's the latest in a long line of rpentant Jambos who've seen the light and come over from the Dark Side. Chris Shevlane, Gordon Marshall Snr, Eric Stevenson, Ralph Callachan, Jim Brown, Roy Barry ...

I mentioned already the way certain Hibs "supporters" spent the afternoon of the Cup Final giving Alan Maybury "dog's abuse" - and that truly for no reason. It doesn't seem to me to be the best way to make a new player feel comfortable and at home in a Hibs shirt.

I mean, we DO actually want to get the best from this laddie, yes?

mayo hibee
29-06-2013, 01:21 PM
He's from Glasgow I think mate. He didnt support Hibs or Hearts.

Celtic fan I believe, not that it matters. Best of luck to him at Hibs - I think he could be a really good signing.

Billychaotic182
29-06-2013, 04:27 PM
That's him signed

Col2
29-06-2013, 04:45 PM
Welcome Fraser. Sounds like a very promising signing for a position (RB) which has caused us problems before.

Last Minute
29-06-2013, 05:24 PM
He supports rangers

bingo70
29-06-2013, 05:43 PM
Strange there's not been an interview on the official site praising our training centre yet?

HibbiesandtheBaddies
29-06-2013, 11:59 PM
Prob not the best of interviews there. Almost apologetic to Hearts fans. But I'm happy to see what he does on the park. Nothing less than 110% because Hibs have given him another chance at SPL football. I couldn't care if his mates are all at hearts. He better show what he's about against them or the lad will never get a break from the fans.

For a boy fae the weedge he seemed to very much enjoy his goal against us at ER a season or 2 ago in a U19 SC or EOS match..... I'm hoping he brings the same fervour to his game when he plays against them.

cabbageandribs1875
30-06-2013, 12:56 AM
Hearts have released him - Hibs have offered him terms. He's the latest in a long line of rpentant Jambos who've seen the light and come over from the Dark Side. Chris Shevlane, Gordon Marshall Snr, Eric Stevenson, Ralph Callachan, Jim Brown, Roy Barry ...

and Eamonn Bannon(albeit just one appearance) :)

Diclonius
30-06-2013, 01:10 PM
What's interesting about the announcement on the official site is there is absolutely NO mention of him having played for Hearts. If this was the other way round they would be milking it for all its worth. "Jambos snap up highly rated youngster from across the capital as Hibs in turmoil" etc.

Hibs class yet again.

Tom Hart RIP
02-07-2013, 05:58 PM
Article in Edinburgh Reporter about players who have played for both Hibs and Hearts. http://www.theedinburghreporter.co.uk/2013/07/players-who-have-crossed-the-great-divide/

steviehibsleith
03-07-2013, 08:12 PM
He is a young right back who may be deemed by some as being on the small(height) size.
he was just starting to show some potential for yams when he took the injury.
a real positve is his right footed delivery from set pieces.
not sure if he is fit but worth a trial/look.

Goal on his debut right footed set piece ..............:na na:

Hermit Crab
03-07-2013, 08:44 PM
From a kickback roaster.

The guy took a step down after he was released by a bigger club.
Everyone with any sense knows that he'd rather still be at Hearts but he didn't do enough to earn a new deal i'm afraid.

duffers
03-07-2013, 09:46 PM
I knew this thread would come back to kick me is the backside..... What a signing from Fenlon ;-)!!

SkintHibby
03-07-2013, 10:02 PM
From a kickback roaster.

The guy took a step down after he was released by a bigger club.
Everyone with any sense knows that he'd rather still be at Hearts but he didn't do enough to earn a new deal i'm afraid.

Jambo roaster looking for a Hibee to rise to the bait!

I was talking to a Livi fan tonight who says Scougall (who Hibs released) is a great player.

It's all swings and roundabouts and it's hard to judge a footballers career when they're still laddies.:agree:

O'Rourke3
03-07-2013, 10:16 PM
:hijack:

If I hadn't stumbled upon Liverpool TV earlier tonight I wouldn't have known Peter Cormack was on the Hearts ground staff and ready to sign until the groundsman made him move the tractor (he did say tractor) which he then drove into the main gate and was promptly fired. Picked up a week later by Hibs. History repeating itself? Here's hoping eh :thumbsup:

Viva_Palmeiras
04-07-2013, 10:35 AM
Interesting choice(?) of squad number ...

http://twitter.com/HibernianFCClub/status/352736081021661185/photo/1

04-07-2013, 10:39 AM
What's interesting about the announcement on the official site is there is absolutely NO mention of him having played for Hearts. If this was the other way round they would be milking it for all its worth. "Jambos snap up highly rated youngster from across the capital as Hibs in turmoil" etc.

Hibs class yet again.

Exactly, everything they ever do has to involve having a wee dig at hibs in some way. Pathetic really, especially when its actually their official site.

aussie_hibee
05-07-2013, 09:09 AM
Just watched his goal. What a strike.

stokesmessiah
05-07-2013, 10:25 AM
Just watched his goal. What a strike.

Where did you see it?

Hibdan12
05-07-2013, 10:41 AM
Where did you see it?

its on the fishy website mate, or on the hibs tv youtube channel (which is bigger screen). plus with the youtube channel you get all the exclusive interviews its seems :wink:

Dinkydoo
05-07-2013, 10:47 AM
That's two Hibs RB's scoring a free kick in their debut preseason game within a year - Clancy did the same last year. Hopefully Mullen can hold down a regular place though, unlike Clancy who I do like, but he's hardly been fit since he joined.

aussie_hibee
05-07-2013, 10:51 AM
http://youtu.be/OqqD3VnUtmk

the goal is right at the end.

steakbake
05-07-2013, 11:02 AM
Good lad. Welcome to Hibs...

Stevie Reid
05-07-2013, 11:03 AM

Peach :top marks

GreenCastle
05-07-2013, 11:12 AM

:top marks

What a goal - hopefully many more :greengrin

Stevie Reid
05-07-2013, 11:17 AM
I do rate Clancy but given that he is injured now and has an horrendous injury record, that RB slot is very much up for grabs. Having one with good delivery from set pieces, and a goal threat from free kicks, can only be a good thing.

Bob Box Fish
05-07-2013, 11:20 AM
Cracking finish, hopefully more to come.