PDA

View Full Version : How is Hearts demise going to affect Hibs?

YehButNoBut
19-06-2013, 07:48 AM
I'm enjoying the fun and games at Tynie as much as anyone, but how are the events with Hearts going to effect Hibs?

If they go pop will our crowds rise or fall? Would any Jambo's start following Hibs?

What will be the big games we as fans will look forward to, love them or hate them, the Derby is always the big game for me each season and there is no better feeling than when we beat them as per the last game at Tynie & last season's cup tie.

What will be the effect on the players if there is no Derby to look forward to, will it be good or bad?

There are so many other un-answered questions.

It's great fun just now laughing at the Hearts but when the dust settles will this be good or bad for Hibs, just wondered what everyone's thoughts are on this.

:hibees:flag::pfgwa

HUTCHYHIBBY
19-06-2013, 07:55 AM
Very minimal short term pain financially (maybe) then one team one capital city, let the fun begin!

GlenrothesHibee
19-06-2013, 07:56 AM
Very minimal short term pain financially (maybe) then one team one capital city, let the fun begin!

This

lucky
19-06-2013, 07:57 AM
Around 10000 less people through the gate, plus a drop in hospitality twice a year. The 10000 is 3600 of them and 1400 Hibs fans at the derby games twice a year. It's like losing a game off the fixture list. if Morton come up they will bring 200/300. So it's another big hit for Hibs. The demise of them effects us the most out of the rest of the clubs.

GlenrothesHibee
19-06-2013, 08:01 AM
An extra 1000 on our home gates will more than cover the costs and its looking more than likely that will be the case with Seasons up

Keith_M
19-06-2013, 08:03 AM
I have a serious objection to the title of this thread!

The word 'effect' is a noun and 'affect' is a verb; you used the wrong one. The title should have read 'How is Hearts demise going to affect Hibs?'.

:wink:

Apart from that.....

It all depends what actually happens to Hearts, which is uncertain just now. If they somehow manage to carry on next season, with the extremely limited resources at their disposal, then it may have a minor positive effect on Hibs. We will surely hump them at every turn, giving a slight boost to our attendances as a result of the associated 'feel good factor'.

If they don't exist, it will adversely affect us financially in the short term but may, in fact, be good for us long term. Even if they come back in some form after this, there will only be one genuine choice for top flight football in Edinburgh. Funnily enough, that was the dream of someone associated with Hearts around 20 years ago. I can't remember the name but I'm sure it'll come back to me.

Craig_in_Prague
19-06-2013, 08:03 AM
their financial doping, cheating, whatever you want to call it, has arguably cost us the chance to win a couple of cups, higher league placings etc over the last number of years.

I dont want Hibs to achieve success partly because of no Huns or Yams around, but at the end of the day, they have had no sporting integrity & get all they deserve. Hibs have achieved a lot on and off the pitch during tough economic times. We have a board that years ago decided we must stabilise the clubs finances and work on improving the infrastructure of our club. We have a top stadium and training centre and a manageable debt. Yams can laugh, but a healthy balance sheet (in any business) is important. We are in a very decent state and position to grow in the future.

Hibs can and should prosper as the capitals main / only club.

I want the mentality in our players and coaches that EVERY game is big.

Hibs need to build on what Pat is building, increase crowds, get up to 2nd place, perhaps lift a trophy, make European games a more regular thing and steadily build the club and financially become stronger and stronger = improving the player quality and yet reducing our debts.

Hibs have a serious opportunity to push on and achieve a lot, whilst doing so within our means. That is a lot more pleasurable IMO.
There is not a lot we can do about other clubs mis-management. But we CAN support the Hibees and get ER rocking each week. We don't need to just live for a few "big" games a year (which are in the main, very very poor affairs - granted more emotions etc, but for way too long the games were not even on a level playing field, so what is the point IMHO).........get singing and supporting in numbers every week.
Drive our club onwards and upwards.

Hibs07p
19-06-2013, 08:05 AM

On the theme, One city, one team, they will always wear green. Anyone passing through Edinburgh Waverley I'm reliably informed, will notice the change in colour from blue to green at certain parts of the station. Could someone please post some photos.

GGTTH

mutley
19-06-2013, 08:09 AM
An extra 1000 on our home gates will more than cover the costs and its looking more than likely that will be the case with Seasons upWe will also have extra funds coming in from Euro ties, that and if we can get a decent run in both cups that should be enough to compensate for the loss of income from home derbies.

GordonHFC
19-06-2013, 08:13 AM
I have some pretty bad health issues but this is making me laugh for the first time in a long long while.

Couldn't make the 1 5 game so when they finally go tits up this will just be a figure that appears on a bit of paper every now and then, however, as a 13 year old I had the privilege of being taken to the 0 7 game by my neighbour and that memory will live with me for the rest of my life.

Joe
19-06-2013, 08:47 AM
I find the idea that we are somehow going to lose out because of the demise of Hearts bizarre. Yes we will lose the Edinburgh derbies and the travelling support that Hearts bring to us, yes the current generation of Jambos will have nobody to support but supporting a football club isn’t like being part of a group that is set in stone, passed on from generation to generation. Third Lanark went bust back in the day, who do the kids and grandkids of Third Lanark fans support? Celtic, Rangers and Partick.

Supporting a football club is about sharing in a set of experiences, a collective set of memories, triumphs and tragedies. For young kids who are growing up in Edinburgh now, in ten years time when Hearts are just some football team who USED to play in Edinburgh, a ground they never went to, songs they never sung, players they never saw play, it won’t mean anything to these kids.
The reality is that Hibs, Hearts and sadly the old firm, battle each other for market share of a fan base in Edinburgh and the surrounding area. One of our main rivals is going out of business so our market share should increase.

Who will kids who’s parents aren’t football fans but themselves take an interest follow in Edinburgh? Or people who move to the area from elsewhere and want to go to a football game? Where are these people gonna go? Hibs.

I think we are gonna become the feyenoord of Scotland. Not as big as the big two but decidedly bigger than the others.

Hibbyradge
19-06-2013, 08:52 AM
If Hearts die, eventually a higher percentage of kids in Edinburgh will choose to support Hibs.

PeeJay
19-06-2013, 08:58 AM
I'm enjoying the fun and games at Tynie as much as anyone, but how are the events with Hearts going to effect Hibs?

If they go pop will our crowds rise or fall? Would any Jambo's start following Hibs?

What will be the big games we as fans will look forward to, love them or hate them, the Derby is always the big game for me each season and there is no better feeling than when we beat them as per the last game at Tynie & last season's cup tie.

What will be the effect on the players if there is no Derby to look forward to, will it be good or bad?

There are so many other un-answered questions.

It's great fun just now laughing at the Hearts but when the dust settles will this be good or bad for Hibs, just wondered what everyone's thoughts are on this.

:hibees:flag::pfgwa

Personally I am disappointed that the Scottish game in general is in such a perilous state. The situations with Rangers, Hearts are clear indicators of serious underlying problems within Scottish football: both at club level and the organisational level. While it may be enjoyable - at the moment - to a certain degree on a schadenfreude level, this decline is hardly going to be a good thing for the Scottish game if one club after the other goes to the wall. I fail to see how the problems at Ibrox and Tynecastle will ultimately be good for the game. One high revenue source has gone from the SPL, now another is in danger of going. This will surely "affect" the finances at ER and elsewhere, it will naturally impact on the television rights and revenues for clubs because the product on sale is being continously diluted. Where are the big gates going to be at ER in future? Cup runs may help, but we won't make the final every year, and I don't expect us to get far in Europe. Obviously the unfair advantages gained by these clubs has to be addressed, but I'm not convinced that there is a body in Scotland's football capable of getting this train back on the tracks. For the good of the game in Scotland in general we need "sporting integrity", a level playing field, and a footballing authority with a strong vision and purpose to take the game forward - unfortunately I don't see it.

Sumner
19-06-2013, 08:59 AM
.. it's going to make me laugh more. :agree:

Part/Time Supporter
19-06-2013, 09:00 AM
If Hearts die, eventually a higher percentage of kids in Edinburgh will choose to support Hibs.

Possibly, but a greater share would become sofa-bound fans of big EPL clubs.

The analogy I would draw is that the growth of EPL is like a tide coming in on Scottish football as a whole. Rangers and Hearts stuck their heads in the sand, pretended it wasn't happening and ended up drowning.

Most of the others have retreated up the beach a bit. Yes they have survived and to some extent done well, but what prospects are there? Only a change in the overall condition (ie the tide going back out) would help overall.

lucky
19-06-2013, 09:06 AM
I find the idea that we are somehow going to lose out because of the demise of Hearts bizarre. Yes we will lose the Edinburgh derbies and the travelling support that Hearts bring to us, yes the current generation of Jambos will have nobody to support but supporting a football club isn’t like being part of a group that is set in stone, passed on from generation to generation. Third Lanark went bust back in the day, who do the kids and grandkids of Third Lanark fans support? Celtic, Rangers and Partick.

Supporting a football club is about sharing in a set of experiences, a collective set of memories, triumphs and tragedies. For young kids who are growing up in Edinburgh now, in ten years time when Hearts are just some football team who USED to play in Edinburgh, a ground they never went to, songs they never sung, players they never saw play, it won’t mean anything to these kids.
The reality is that Hibs, Hearts and sadly the old firm, battle each other for market share of a fan base in Edinburgh and the surrounding area. One of our main rivals is going out of business so our market share should increase.

Who will kids who’s parents aren’t football fans but themselves take an interest follow in Edinburgh? Or people who move to the area from elsewhere and want to go to a football game? Where are these people gonna go? Hibs.

I think we are gonna become the feyenoord of Scotland. Not as big as the big two but decidedly bigger than the others.

I just can't see a scenario where Hearts will not exist. They might get liquidated but will remerge in some other form.

basehibby
19-06-2013, 09:07 AM
I think we will take a small hit as a result of losing the Derbies, however, the overall trend in attendances at ER has F'all to do with Hearts (or Rangers for that matter) and everything to do with how Hibs perform on the pitch.

If the team play attractive winning football the crowds will come - Simples!

Matty_Jack04
19-06-2013, 09:10 AM
I don't think hibs will benefit from gaining extra fans directly from hearts going pop, if they do liquidate they will form a newco and those fans that follow hearts now, will rally behind that at least for the first few seasons anyway then they will drop off to armchair fans until they reach the top league again, what hibs will benefit hugely from is the amount of young players to choose from rather than fighting for the best around Edinburgh with hearts, hibs will have a lot more to offer (SPL football,training facillities, even full time status maybe?) therefore securing the best young talent.

we need to continue to build though, we should be fighting it out for 2nd place next year on paper but we have found ourselves behind the likes of Motherwell and ICT who have managed to get a good stable few years of building whilst we have made a hash of things for various reasons (management being the main)

we will miss the gates but we managed to budget for the loss of the rangers we will just need to do the same again and hope that we can maybe bring back more fans who have stayed away with good results and performances to push is on a bit more, the atmosphere and support at ER is much better now than in previous years the booing and jeering has gone and replaced by the likes of sect 43 which does make the match experience a lot more enjoyable, lowering ticket prices is becoming more and more difficult because of loosing the big gates so its down to the team to perform to get punters through the door again

joe breezy
19-06-2013, 09:11 AM
I lived in Gorgie when I was very young and I went to school in Gorgie.

I don't mind Gorgie as a place, it's more homely to me than Leith because some of my first memories are there. I feel sorry for the small businesses that will suffer.

I hate supermarket culture where small businesses are squeezed out because of Tesco, Asda etc and Hearts leaving Gorgie will harm businesses.

This obviously isn't directly linked to Hibs other than the Gorgie Greens but on the whole Edinburgh will be a better place without Hearts. It all depends what gets built at Tynecastle I suppose.

With regards to Hibs there are lots of cities of Edinburgh's size with just one team. Wallace Mercer was right that Edinburgh should just have one team. Amsterdam just has one team and it's much bigger than Edinburgh so the idea that a city with half a million people needs two teams is just ridiculous.

Hibs will be more successful without the need for them although we do have to do better in Europe. European success will be essential not a luxury. That means group stages of Europa League at least.

It's good for Scottish society that it's the bigots that are going out of business. last Hearts game i was at heard loads of fenian bas** songs and archaic sectarian vitriol.

Keith_M
19-06-2013, 09:14 AM
Personally I am disappointed that the Scottish game in general is in such a perilous state. The situations with Rangers, Hearts are clear indicators of serious underlying problems within Scottish football: both at club level and the organisational level. While it may be enjoyable - at the moment - to a certain degree on a schadenfreude level, this decline is hardly going to be a good thing for the Scottish game if one club after the other goes to the wall. I fail to see how the problems at Ibrox and Tynecastle will ultimately be good for the game. One high revenue source has gone from the SPL, now another is in danger of going. This will surely "affect" the finances at ER and elsewhere, it will naturally impact on the television rights and revenues for clubs because the product on sale is being continously diluted. Where are the big gates going to be at ER in future? Cup runs may help, but we won't make the final every year, and I don't expect us to get far in Europe. Obviously the unfair advantages gained by these clubs has to be addressed, but I'm not convinced that there is a body in Scotland's football capable of getting this train back on the tracks. For the good of the game in Scotland in general we need "sporting integrity", a level playing field, and a footballing authority with a strong vision and purpose to take the game forward - unfortunately I don't see it.

Rangers will be back in the top league in 2 years, so that's not a problem. As for the underlying problem with Scottish Football, I agree to an extent but don't think you can really say that what has happened at Hearts is symptomatic of Scottish clubs in General. They really are a special case with the ridiculous level of their spending. No other club has come anywhere near spending over 100% of their income on salary for 7 successive years.

I think this is actually now an opportunity as opposed to the endgame for Scottish Football. Clubs have clearly seen what happens when you're reckless with your finances and I'd be amazed if anyone is now stupid enough to follow that path. If they do, then hell mend them. Clubs might now decide to live within their means, meaning teams like Hearts will no longer be poaching players from other clubs at unsustainable wages. This means that clubs will find their natural place in the order and the league could be fairer as a result.

Keith_M
19-06-2013, 09:19 AM
..... the idea that a city with half a million people needs two teams is just ridiculous.

Liverpool and Everton.
- Population of Liverpool = 465,000

basehibby
19-06-2013, 09:22 AM

I disagree - or partly at least - what's happened to Rangers and Hearts is justice and entirely the fault of the idiots in charge at these clubs and their vain-glorious attempts to gain glory they had not truly earned as institutions, regardless of the consequences.

Their effect on the rest of Scottish football has been to add pressure to all the other clubs to keep up with their insane levels of spending, thus pushing other clubs closer to the brink of disaster than they might have been.

The disasters that Rangers and Hearts have finally brought upon themselves will hopefully lead to something of a restoration of sanity in the Scottish game and that has got to be a good thing. Of course that will be offset by a loss of revenue deriving from the loss of their supports as you have pointed out, but the positives deriving from their downfalls should not be ignored.

JeMeSouviens
19-06-2013, 09:24 AM

I think to put Scottish football on the right path we first need to cleanse our Augean stables, something the SFA has so far completely failed to grasp. There isn't a carpet massive enough to hide 30 years' worth of dung! Once the filth has been washed out, the opportunity definitely exists for our "governing" body to actually implement some governance. Which would be nice.

southsider
19-06-2013, 09:36 AM
Most of us are pig sick of their "we didny ken" attitude and let them lie in their own stink. Now i think it is up to us who are in a possision to do a wee bit more to help cover the shortfall do so. I was going to get 2 K for K st's now i shatt get 4. "Every little helps". GGTTH

Ringothedog
19-06-2013, 09:42 AM
Liverpool and Everton.

Merseyside poulation 1.4m
Lothians 850k

there is no comparison, the difference is bigger than the population of Edinburgh

Part/Time Supporter
19-06-2013, 09:46 AM
I think to put Scottish football on the right path we first need to cleanse our Augean stables, something the SFA has so far completely failed to grasp. There isn't a carpet massive enough to hide 30 years' worth of dung! Once the filth has been washed out, the opportunity definitely exists for our "governing" body to actually implement some governance. Which would be nice.

Unless either the economic circumstances of Scottish football miraculously change or proper regulation is put in place, the same things are just going to happen again. Not necessarily with the same clubs.

spike220
19-06-2013, 09:57 AM
Rangers will be back in the top league in 2 years, so that's not a problem. As for the underlying problem with Scottish Football, I agree to an extent but don't think you can really say that what has happened at Hearts is symptomatic of Scottish clubs in General. They really are a special case with the ridiculous level of their spending. No other club has come anywhere near spending over 100% of their income on salary for 7 successive years.

I think this is actually now an opportunity as opposed to the endgame for Scottish Football. Clubs have clearly seen what happens when you're reckless with your finances and I'd be amazed if anyone is now stupid enough to follow that path. If they do, then hell mend them. Clubs might now decide to live within their means, meaning teams like Hearts will no longer be poaching players from other clubs at unsustainable wages. This means that clubs will find their natural place in the order and the league could be fairer as a result.

I think what you mean to say was: 'The Rangers' for the first time in their short history will be playing in the top league in 2 years and bring with them the remaining fans of the old Rangers club who now have nobody else to follow, so that's not a problem. .....................:greengrin

Waxy
19-06-2013, 11:26 AM
Affect? Well after all the parties n stuff the excitement will die down after a couple of years. All the jambos will start to age and die and without any fresh new jambos they should completely vanish in around 60 years time. All jambos kids/ grandkids will be split between Hibs and Spartans. A much better non cheating Edinburgh rivalry.

CRAZYHIBBY
19-06-2013, 11:31 AM
A few jambos at work reckon they will ground share with hibs if they lose their stadium............surely petrie wouldnt be so stupid

joe breezy
19-06-2013, 11:35 AM
Liverpool and Everton.

'need' was the word I used

Leeds and Newcastle (Tyneside) don't need 2 teams in the one city

Population of Leeds 750 000
Population of Tyneside 880 000

Brightside
19-06-2013, 11:35 AM
Scotland has too many clubs. There is no need for small "cities" to have two clubs. Big changes ahead over the next 20 years but the product will improve as a result.

LeithBoozy
19-06-2013, 11:46 AM
So on the one hand some negatives, on the other hand some positives. But being alive at this time in history, when they have self Imploded. :flag: :thumbsup::not worth:cb:top marks:greengrin:hibees:agree::wink:.

Makaveli
19-06-2013, 11:46 AM
It will open up commercial opportunities with companies previously reluctant to be seen "picking a side" in a divided city (to nowhere near the same extent as Glasgow, but still).

Hibernian's position as Edinburgh's only league club could be leveraged to attract tourists etc.

Looking further ahead, kids who want to see local SPL football will have only one choice.

Serving justice to a competitor who has consistently finished above us in recent years (by cheating) effectively bumps us up a place in the league, bringing prize money with it.

Balance that against c£180k less ticket money per season and we're doing alright.

patlowe
19-06-2013, 11:58 AM
The doomsday scenarios being spouted by some in the media in relation to Hearts going bust, it seems to me, are predicated on the assumption that the SPL cannot afford to have any of its bigger clubs relegated. The nature of a league should ensure that any of its clubs can be lost in any one year through the relegation process. If that threatens the viability of the league/other clubs then there's something seriously wrong!

Scouse Hibee
19-06-2013, 12:12 PM
Merseyside poulation 1.4m
Lothians 850k

there is no comparison, the difference is bigger than the population of Edinburgh

Never mind Merseyside, you also need to factor in North Wales, Ireland and many Scandinavian Countries :greengrin

clerriehibs
19-06-2013, 12:27 PM
A few jambos at work reckon they will ground share with hibs if they lose their stadium............surely petrie wouldnt be so stupid

Fiinancially, he'd love it (money up front). He'd have to work at selling the idea to us though.

AndyM_1875
19-06-2013, 12:46 PM

Rod isn't daft but he would I believe ask the Season Ticket Holders and Shareholders their opinion and it's pretty obvious that would come back as a big fat NO! I doubt very much Rod wants anything to do with Hearts either.

Still I'm sure the Council will drop everything to help their pet team even if all they can offer is a patched up Meadowbank with an extra Temporary stand put in.
There is little love lost between Hibs and Edinburgh Council (http://www.scotsman.com/the-scotsman/scotland/hibs_accuse_edinburgh_council_of_bias_towards_hear ts_over_stadium_1_1981656).

At the end of the day, it's not our problem. They shat on their own doorstep, they can clean it up.

sahib
19-06-2013, 12:52 PM
The doomsday scenarios being spouted by some in the media in relation to Hearts going bust, it seems to me, are predicated on the assumption that the SPL cannot afford to have any of its bigger clubs relegated. The nature of a league should ensure that any of its clubs can be lost in any one year through the relegation process. If that threatens the viability of the league/other clubs then there's something seriously wrong!

It probably does, though, given the disparity in supports and the high level of debt carried by many of the remaining clubs.
I suspect the demise of Hearts will have a detrimental effect on Hibs in the medium term. Many seasons, by about Christmas, the only interest left is the derby games or finishing above Hearts. I suspect apathy and boredom may be the greatest enemy. Jambos will never support Hibs I doubt the only people we would pick up are neutrals moving to the city, as they would only have on place to watch SPL football. Hearts would have to be expunged for about a millennium before subsequent descendants of Yams turned to Hibs. We should offer Hearts a helping hand and allow them to ground share, this would be the best, if not only, chance of profiting by their woes. This would demonstrate a true sporting attitude and gain an Everest size lump of the moral high ground. It would show a balanced mature approach to victory and defeat totally beyond most Yams I know, thus throwing them into further confusion and discomfort.

Holmesdale Hibs
19-06-2013, 12:56 PM
Positive
- good laugh
- they'll be easier to beat if they still have a team
- they got what the deserved
- they might build a decent supermarket at the PBS
- see the GIRUY thread

Negative (although they'll need to be liquidated before most apply)
- derbies are the best games of the season if no cup finals
- less income from derbies through tv and ticket sales
- another team in the SPL going bust
- I'll actually miss the PBS. Might be a ****hole but the atmosphere on derby days is amazing.

Onion
19-06-2013, 01:10 PM

Still a bunch of deluded dreamers. Reality is heading towards these clowns like a freight train and they STILL cannot see it :greengrin

Onion
19-06-2013, 01:18 PM
City derbies are great games and I'll miss the Edinburgh Derby if it goes. BUT, you cannot tolerate the scale of financial doping that has been going on for years at Tynecastle and that has a material impact on our chances in derby games over the last decade.

With the Huns and Wee Huns getting their just deserts, it gives Hibs a better chance of getting into Europe and reaching cup finals - that's good enough for me :thumbsup:

jgl07
19-06-2013, 01:23 PM
'need' was the word I used

Leeds and Newcastle (Tyneside) don't need 2 teams in the one city

Population of Leeds 750 000
Population of Tyneside 880 000

But Leeds have two teams if you count the well supported Rugby League team.

Look at Greater Manchester. There are six League teams (until recently four in the SPL) in the area.
City, United, Bolton, Wigan, Oldham, Rochdale, and Bury, not to mention a bagful of non-League teams such as Altrincham, Stockport, Ashton United, Droylsden, Staylbridge Celtic, Hyde, etc.

This one team one City tosh is Mercer talk. Even if Hearts are liquidated, as seems inevitable they will be back at some stage, just as Hibs would have been back if the Mercer takeover had happened.

Dashing Bob S
19-06-2013, 02:45 PM
But Leeds have two teams if you count the well supported Rugby League team.

Look at Greater Manchester. There are six League teams (until recently four in the SPL) in the area.
City, United, Bolton, Wigan, Oldham, Rochdale, and Bury, not to mention a bagful of non-League teams such as Altrincham, Stockport, Ashton United, Droylsden, Staylbridge Celtic, Hyde, etc.

This one team one City tosh is Mercer talk. Even if Hearts are liquidated, as seems inevitable they will be back at some stage, just as Hibs would have been back if the Mercer takeover had happened.

I agree, they have too big a fanbase not to resurrect at some point and in some form. Can see them spending next season defunct, and starting at the bottom. It could be 5-10 years before they re-emerge as an SPL force. Now is the time for Hibs to have some success, and get a whole new generation of fans visiting ER.

JMac
19-06-2013, 02:52 PM
Short term - Financial loss
Long term - Huge financial gain

Bishop Hibee
19-06-2013, 03:00 PM
I just can't see a scenario where Hearts will not exist. They might get liquidated but will remerge in some other form.

Agree. Even if they lose Tynie, they will find somewhere to play. It would take them longer than newco Rangers to climb the leagues though. If we are riding high in the league our crowds will go up and we wouldn't miss them financially. Also the comedy factor at the moment is top notch.

whiskyhibby
19-06-2013, 05:41 PM
Agree. Even if they lose Tynie, they will find somewhere to play. It would take them longer than newco Rangers to climb the leagues though. If we are riding high in the league our crowds will go up and we wouldn't miss them financially. Also the comedy factor at the moment is top notch.

Why don't we offer them Easter Road for say £40,000 per game?

Sir David Gray
19-06-2013, 05:52 PM
The idea of knowing that in about 20-30 years' time, all their children and grandchildren will be Hibs fans and knowing the pain and anguish that will cause them, will more than make up for the short term financial difficulties that their demise will cause us. :greengrin

Saorsa
19-06-2013, 06:00 PM
Why don't we offer them Easter Road for say £40,000 per game?I wouldnae want that trash infesting in Easter Road every other week. Apart form that the pitch gets bad enough in the winter with just our games on it, being played on every week will trash it completely. They can ****in' play in the meadows

Hibrandenburg
19-06-2013, 06:24 PM
Let's not forget that Hearts have been artificially inflating the price of Scottish players in our market that has surely cost us dearly not only in the pocket but also with the quality of what we get for our money.

No longer will they be able to steal players from under our noses by offering exaggerated wages well above our (and their) budgets.

LeithBoozy
19-06-2013, 06:56 PM
The last time they charmed us with their presence, they smeared the walls with human excrement. Do we really want to see what they would do to ER every Fortnight?, I'm sorry but no amount of money will change my mind.

jdships
19-06-2013, 07:42 PM
Scotland has too many clubs. There is no need for small "cities" to have two clubs. big changes ahead over the next 20 years but the product will improve as a result.

:top marks
Been saying this for years !!
Scotland does not have the population to support 42 clubs -end of !!
Sooner we recognise that the better :rolleyes:

PatHead
19-06-2013, 10:15 PM
Now that Hearts are nothing but an irrelevance, The Rangers are out of the SPL for another couple of years, Dundee Utd have also lost their star striker and other stars over the last couple of years and Motherwell likewise. What do you think would be acceptable for Hibs over the next 3 years? Personally I want top 3 finishes each year, European nights at Easter Road and at least one league cup and Scottish Cup over the period. Am I being too greedy or in the current Scottish football climate is this achievable?

Scouse Hibee
19-06-2013, 10:17 PM
Now that Hearts are nothing but an irrelevance, The Rangers are out of the SPL for another couple of years, Dundee Utd have also lost their star striker and other stars over the last couple of years and Motherwell likewise. What do you think would be acceptable for Hibs over the next 3 years? Personally I want top 3 finishes each year, European nights at Easter Road and at least one league cup and Scottish Cup over the period. Am I being too greedy or in the current Scottish football climate is this achievable?

You forgotten we've lost ours!

SaulGoodman
19-06-2013, 10:19 PM
Champions of Europe in five years :duck:

Green Fish
19-06-2013, 10:19 PM

Spot on, just we had an incline as to whom the gaffer is bringing in to fill sparkys boots.

allezsauzee
19-06-2013, 10:22 PM
Top 2 finish and at least 1 cup

PatHead
19-06-2013, 10:22 PM

Honestly hadn't, but I think our team is much stronger than it was 2 or 3 years ago whilst others have weakened. Hence the optimism. We will have a bigger budget and better squad than almost anyone else in the league. A good break or 2 and we could be getting a distance between us and other clubs. Just need a good goalscorer.

PatHead
19-06-2013, 10:23 PM
Champions of Europe in five years :duck:

Very good. Your name Romanov?

SaulGoodman
19-06-2013, 10:26 PM
Very good. Your name Romanov?

Don't be daft, just call me Roman Vladioff, the erm, completely legit British business man.
I just have a Russian accent

Scouse Hibee
19-06-2013, 10:28 PM
Honestly hadn't, but I think our team is much stronger than it was 2 or 3 years ago whilst others have weakened. Hence the optimism. We will have a bigger budget and better squad than almost anyone else in the league. A good break or 2 and we could be getting a distance between us and other clubs. Just need a good goalscorer.

That's a huge leap of faith, and pretty unrealistic IMO (hope I'm proved wrong). A top 3 finish would be superb.

HibeeMG
19-06-2013, 10:29 PM
I'll be honest, I want a European place from the league.

I'm well aware of the building process and how far we've come but I'm also aware of the standard of our competition.

If we can improve our home form, especially against 'lesser' teams then we will be right up there.

Keith_M
20-06-2013, 04:29 PM
I hereby respectfully request everyone to calm down a bit in their expectations. Two Cups? Only if we buy a Wonderbra.

Oh and gonnae no use the term 'Big' in any context. It's just so Yammish :wink:

Chump
20-06-2013, 06:12 PM

I think a top 3 finish is what we should hope for.....that tells me there is a consistency around the squad which is what we have lacked in recent seasons. Anything more is a bonus!! :greengrin

We are going in the right direction but to lose 28 goals from one player is a huge loss - we can only hope that we get a Pat McGinley type player from midfield who'll share the load (maybe Liam Craig) as I can't remember the last time we had one who'd score 15 in a season??

Scònaldò
20-06-2013, 06:14 PM
I'd expect us to sign at least 2 World Cup stars.

Hibs Giant
20-06-2013, 07:37 PM

Correct