PDA

View Full Version : Royal Ascot

hibeenicol
18-06-2013, 04:19 PM
Anyone had a wee flutter today?? I lost a bit in the first couple of races but managed to get some dosh back with Dawn approach and Well sharp.

Going for Anticipated in the last at 9/2

HUTCHYHIBBY
19-06-2013, 11:22 AM
Glad to see Dawn Approach come back to form, doubt we'll ever see him over 12 furlongs again.

Treadstone
19-06-2013, 11:51 AM
Glad to see Dawn Approach come back to form, doubt we'll ever see him over 12 furlongs again.

No sure Hutchy just his inability to handle the day counted him out. Wished that had happened to his father in 2008 Derby - had second Tartan Bearer at 40s.

Pretty Boy
19-06-2013, 02:41 PM
Big money pouring in for Camelot. Going to have a last minute nibble after swearing I wouldn't.

Pretty Boy
19-06-2013, 02:45 PM
Glad I was too slow.

Poor again.

hibeenicol
19-06-2013, 07:00 PM
Big money pouring in for Camelot. Going to have a last minute nibble after swearing I wouldn't.

Yeah it ran a poor race, I had the winner Al KAzeem in that one and rizeena in the 1700.

Still a little up for the week so far, not by much mind!!!!

Pretty Boy
19-06-2013, 07:49 PM
Yeah it ran a poor race, I had the winner Al KAzeem in that one and rizeena in the 1700.

Still a little up for the week sofar, not by much mind!!!!

Strange horse is Camelot. Always looks a million dollars and even today he looked like he was running well but never looked like winning.

Maybe just have to accept he was the best of a bad bunch middle distance 2 year old crop. Certainly seems possible when you consider one maiden race the previous year contained Frankel, Nathaniel and Colour Vision.

HUTCHYHIBBY
21-06-2013, 12:42 PM
Whilst i've got nae time for The Royal Family I must admit I really enjoyed the pictures on CH4 y'day of The Queen watching the final stages of The Gold Cup, good to see the guard drop for a short while.

Killiehibbie
21-06-2013, 01:08 PM
Whilst i've got nae time for The Royal Family I must admit I really enjoyed the pictures on CH4 y'day of The Queen watching the final stages of The Gold Cup, good to see the guard drop for a short while.I would probably have enjoyed that if i hadn't been on Simenon. First reigning monarch ever to win the gold cup and i'm second.:no way:
Jamesie to win a few quid today.

Pretty Boy
21-06-2013, 05:32 PM
Whilst i've got nae time for The Royal Family I must admit I really enjoyed the pictures on CH4 y'day of The Queen watching the final stages of The Gold Cup, good to see the guard drop for a short while.

Agree with that.

The races is the one time the Queen always looks genuinely relaxed and if she is enjoying herself. Was just below the royal box at Epsom this year and she had binoculaurs out and was shouting a few horses home.