PDA

View Full Version : Europa League draw: Drogheda or Malmo v Hibs

Pages : 1 2 [3]

Andy74
26-06-2013, 01:23 PM
Stansted -Malmo for me with Ryanair.

Yep me too. Now for the conversation at home...

McGrawzy
26-06-2013, 01:24 PM
few of us took the gamble yesterday and booked return flights Edinburgh to Gothenburg City and 2 night stay in Comfort hotel Malmo = £195

:flag::flag::flag:

Pretty Boy
26-06-2013, 01:27 PM

Good luck.

I've had the silent treatmemt for 2 days now.

It's great. First peace and quiet i've had in ages.

SteveHFC
26-06-2013, 01:28 PM
Good luck.

I've had the silent treatmemt for 2 days now.

It's great. First peace and quiet i've had in ages.

She will get used to it :wink: :greengrin

LancashireHibby
26-06-2013, 01:38 PM
Just booked Manchester-Copenhagen, £129 return. Fly out Wednesday afternoon, back Friday afternoon.

Just looking at hotels now, only £95 a night for the Marriott (5*) which isn't much between two of us, but I'm determined to get this trip below £200 for flights and hotels :greengrin

LancashireHibby
26-06-2013, 01:58 PM
Just booked Manchester-Copenhagen, £129 return. Fly out Wednesday afternoon, back Friday afternoon.

Just looking at hotels now, only £95 a night for the Marriott (5*) which isn't much between two of us, but I'm determined to get this trip below £200 for flights and hotels :greengrin
Just booked the Park Inn Radisson as mentioned earlier in the thread, 1432SEK in total which is just short of £139, bargain between two of us. And I've nailed it for just short of the magical £200 :thumbsup:

marinello59
26-06-2013, 02:26 PM
Hotel booked but think I will hold off on flights at least until the first leg of the 1st round ties has been played.

the_ginger_hibee
26-06-2013, 02:41 PM
Stansted -Malmo for me with Ryanair.

Same.

How you both getting to Stanstead?

For now, 2 of us driving costing about £60 each including parking. Don't think we'll top that cost wise. Had no luck on flights Edin-Stan', bit too expensive.

Any joy or decent flights in getting down?

WHAM
26-06-2013, 03:11 PM
Two of us just taken the gamble and booked direct flights Edinburgh to Copenhagen.

Leave Edinburgh at 11:50 Thu 18th July, arrive in Copenhagen at 14:40.

Return flight at 07:55 next morning, arrive back in Edinburgh at 08:45...starting work at 10:30.

£280 each. Malmo should beat Drogheda.....:rolleyes:

KirkyHibs
26-06-2013, 03:13 PM
few of us took the gamble yesterday and booked return flights Edinburgh to Gothenburg City and 2 night stay in Comfort hotel Malmo = £195

:flag::flag::flag:

Booked in the comfort in aswell £35 a head. Flying from Manchester to Copenhagen return flights for £115. £20 for train to/from malmo so all in for £170. Glad I took the gamble although must admit was bricking it until official announcement. Just hope malmo do the business

LancashireHibby
26-06-2013, 03:17 PM
Going to love rolling out of bed at 9am for the Manchester flight while you lot have been travelling down for hours, how the tables have turned :wink: :greengrin

Billy Whizz
26-06-2013, 03:19 PM
Going to love rolling out of bed at 9am for the Manchester flight while you lot have been travelling down for hours, how the tables have turned :wink: :greengrin

You Lancashire boys and girls deserve a bit of luck, occasionally!!!

Leith Green
26-06-2013, 03:24 PM
Just wanted to share my route if travel in case it helps anyone. We are leaving edinbyrgh on thur at 7am and fly to billund.. 3 hr car hire drive to copenhagen then taxi to malmo.. Coming home on friday with no sleep but 7am copenhagen to edinburgh direct flight... Overall cost bout 170...If anyone is planning the same then let me know if billund to copenhagen needs sorted as may have a space or two in the hire car which will bring the cost down a bit for us all..

DarrenSQH
26-06-2013, 03:33 PM

The Hibs are having a party and you'll be in your bed!

norwayhibs
26-06-2013, 04:03 PM
Here is another way of getting to Malmø without breaking the bank. Ryan air from EDI to Oslo Torp, return costs 80 quid at the moment for 17-19 july, you can then hire a car , around a 6-7 hr drive though. Flight back to EDI is early evening on the 19th, so your able to celebrate after the game as well :-). Just incase the normal routes start getting expensive, this route might be cheaper :aok:

LancashireHibby
26-06-2013, 04:24 PM
The Hibs are having a party and you'll be in your bed!
Yeah, I'd forgotten how much it bounces on the M6 on a Wednesday morning :wink:

God Petrie
26-06-2013, 05:05 PM
If you are willing to stop off in Dublin or London for a couple of hours you can get flights cheap.

Carheenlea
26-06-2013, 05:19 PM
Given that quite a large number of supporters are so confident that it`s just a case of Malmo turning up against Drogheda and progressing with minimal fuss, are those of you booking now so confident that you will be prepared to stake a hefty wedge on Malmo to progress in order to recoup the trip`s outlay (and pay for a few of those pricey beers) :greengrin

Andy74
26-06-2013, 05:24 PM
Same.

How you both getting to Stanstead?

For now, 2 of us driving costing about £60 each including parking. Don't think we'll top that cost wise. Had no luck on flights Edin-Stan', bit too expensive.

Any joy or decent flights in getting down?

I'm probably working in London the day before. At least I will be now.

Since90+2
26-06-2013, 05:34 PM
Me + Bring_Back_Frank + 1 other are doing a wee bit of a detour.

Fly out from Edinburgh on Monday morning at 7am to Krakow , spending the night there.

Following day we fly to Gothenburg and have an overnight there.

On the Wednesday we get the train into Copenhagen and have the whole day and night to enjoy then on the morning of the game we are getting the train to Malmo and staying overnight.

We fly back at 1830 from Copenhagen on Friday into Edinburgh. Total cost for all 3 flights was £200 each :greengrin

As I work for a hotel chain we have also managed to get 3 of the nights in 4 star hotels for about £100 each. Cannot wait! ( Malmo better win :greengrin)

davhibby
26-06-2013, 08:23 PM
Who are the Manchester-Copenhagen flights with?

ronaldo7
26-06-2013, 08:44 PM
Who are the Manchester-Copenhagen flights with?

Easy jet

lucky
26-06-2013, 08:45 PM
3 of us Edinburgh to Stansted by train at 0540 (1st Class) on the 17th. Then on the 1225 Flight to Malmo. Return on the 19th at 1525. Can not wait. Paid £100 each for the flight. It was £63 but waiting on the two others to confirm has cost each £47. But who cares. Can not wait #HibsinEurope

Just booked the Radisson Blu £240 for 2 nights for 3 of with breakfast and we cancel if need be. So the whole trip is only £180

davhibby
26-06-2013, 08:47 PM
Easy jet

Thanks!

Dalkeith
26-06-2013, 09:03 PM
2 spaces in car down to manchester on 17th and back on 19th
pm if interested

green&left
27-06-2013, 11:18 AM
Three of us also on the Edin - Billund flight (Thurs - Saturday). Managed to get 2 day car hire through the compare site Travel Supermarket for just under £60 for a wee Peugeot 107 style car.

Happy to be informed about any potential minibuses and i'll check out the cancellation policy of the car.

Bobby's Cinema
27-06-2013, 11:28 AM
Just booked up!

No seen anyone post this route yet,

Wed morning: Edinburgh-Pisa-Malmo

Friday night: Copenhagen-Manchester

Train up Saturday :pfgwa

green&left
27-06-2013, 11:35 AM
Just booked up!

No seen anyone post this route yet,

Wed morning: Edinburgh-Pisa-Malmo

Friday night: Copenhagen-Manchester

Train up Saturday :pfgwa

Seen a few lads on Twitter posting that last night.

How much is that coming in at?

Chuck Rhoades
27-06-2013, 11:35 AM
Here goes...

Originally Posted by wee 162:
This is booked for me Power, Hibeesbounceross, and another couple. Relatively cheap I reckon, and times to peeve (sorry, unexpected delays I mean...) built in.

Wednesday
7:42am train from Waverley to Manchester Airport (stop in Manchester for a couple of hours assuming no delays)
14:35 Easyjet flight from Manchester to Hamburg arrives 17:15
Travel from Hamburg to Travemunde to be decided, might stop off in Lubeck. Last train is 23:20 or so
Thursday
02:00 (or 02:30, need to check!) Ferry from Travemunde to Malmo arriving 10:30 or 11:00
Game
Hotel still to be booked
Friday
Train to Copenhagen at some point
20:15 BMI Regional Flight Copenhagen to Edinburgh, arrives 21:15

Still to do hotel and ferry, but before that it's done for £128. Total for us will be probably around £210 including our accommodation for the Thursday night. Prices might be a tad higher now.

LancashireHibby
27-06-2013, 11:56 AM
I must be getting old that I'd rather pay an extra few quid and cut out the expeditions like Ross' :greengrin

HiBremian
27-06-2013, 12:19 PM
The way everyone's booking now for Malmo, Drogheda should approach Ryanair for a fat win bonus out of their profits :cb :stirrer:

Bobby's Cinema
27-06-2013, 12:25 PM
Seen a few lads on Twitter posting that last night.

How much is that coming in at?
£125 for flights. Trains still sitting at a tenner back Manc - Edinburgh Saturday morning. Once you include accommodation looking at about 200quid all in :aok:

ronaldo7
27-06-2013, 04:23 PM
2 spaces in car down to manchester on 17th and back on 19th
pm if interested

I've got 4 in a car, fancy having a look at a mini bus to take us down and back?

:cb

macca70
27-06-2013, 05:49 PM
Malmo currently 3-1 down at home to Hacken

Dalkeith
27-06-2013, 06:13 PM
I've got 4 in a car, fancy having a look at a mini bus to take us down and back?

:cb

pm sent

carnoustiehibee
27-06-2013, 06:15 PM

You can sense a collective big gulp,sweaty brows and knotted tummys on here now.

Skåne Hibs
27-06-2013, 06:22 PM

They've caused problems for a few good teams in the Swedish league since the season started. They're in the Europa league too, but they drew Sparta Prague so I think they'll be oot after the first round.

wynnie1875
27-06-2013, 09:01 PM
3 of us Edinburgh to Stansted by train at 0540 (1st Class) on the 17th. Then on the 1225 Flight to Malmo. Return on the 19th at 1525. Can not wait. Paid £100 each for the flight. It was £63 but waiting on the two others to confirm has cost each £47. But who cares. Can not wait #HibsinEurope

Just booked the Radisson Blu £240 for 2 nights for 3 of with breakfast and we cancel if need be. So the whole trip is only £180
Just booked the same flights. Was hoping you could give me some info on the train from Edinburgh to Stansted? Prices, Arrival time etc.

ronaldo7
27-06-2013, 09:16 PM
Just booked the same flights. Was hoping you could give me some info on the train from Edinburgh to Stansted? Prices, Arrival time etc.

Alternatively you could get a flight from the weege for £47

lucky
27-06-2013, 09:35 PM

Train gets into London at 0930. Underground to Tottenham Hale then Stansted Express to the airport. Should get there at 1030. Don't know the price as my mate works for East Coast

lEXO
27-06-2013, 09:45 PM
Just wanted to share my route if travel in case it helps anyone. We are leaving edinbyrgh on thur at 7am and fly to billund.. 3 hr car hire drive to copenhagen then taxi to malmo.. Coming home on friday with no sleep but 7am copenhagen to edinburgh direct flight... Overall cost bout 170...If anyone is planning the same then let me know if billund to copenhagen needs sorted as may have a space or two in the hire car which will bring the cost down a bit for us all..
I,m on the same flight out mate. Staying till the Saturday though and travelling with a few guys from the bounce. Maybe grab a beer at the airport bud.

JOD
28-06-2013, 01:10 AM
On same flight but was gonna just take the train from Vijla 3 hrs direct to Malmo on my own if you dont get car full pm me.

JOD
28-06-2013, 01:16 AM
I,m on the same flight out mate. Staying till the Saturday though and travelling with a few guys from the bounce. Maybe grab a beer at the airport bud.

as above 60 cannae work out this reply with thread stuff :LOL:

lEXO
28-06-2013, 02:28 AM
On same flight but was gonna just take the train from Vijla 3 hrs direct to Malmo on my own if you dont get car full pm me.Will do man. Not sure of the numbers or definite arrangements yet though.

wynnie1875
28-06-2013, 06:30 AM
Train gets into London at 0930. Underground to Tottenham Hale then Stansted Express to the airport. Should get there at 1030. Don't know the price as my mate works for East Coast
Cheers man. Looking at a few options just now. Flying might work out the easiest and cheapest.

Skåne Hibs
28-06-2013, 01:11 PM
Just had a look on Drogheda's club website about the ticketing for the game in Malmö and tickets are being sold at the gate for the away end. I wonder if we'll be in the same situation. Their 195 Swedish Krona, which is about £19.00. I hope the price remains the same for our game.

LancashireHibby
28-06-2013, 02:24 PM
Just had a look on Drogheda's club website about the ticketing for the game in Malmö and tickets are being sold at the gate for the away end. I wonder if we'll be in the same situation. Their 195 Swedish Krona, which is about £19.00. I hope the price remains the same for our game.
Would be surprised if it's as expensive as that for the home leg, at least.

I would have normally thought that they'd prefer Hibs to sell tickets in advance, but that's got to be pretty unlikely given the limited timeframe.

QMU-1875
28-06-2013, 03:52 PM
Considering getting one of these tickets and heading to malmo with it. If you leave edinburgh at half 7 on the Tuesday you get hamburg for 11pm and from their a train to Copenhagen then malmo. Any other hibees considered this option?

bandylegs_jLeighton
28-06-2013, 04:05 PM
Unless things have changed very recently, you can't use an interrail ticket in your own country of residence. So you would need to pay for more than one rail ticket I think.

Skåne Hibs
28-06-2013, 04:19 PM
Would be surprised if it's as expensive as that for the home leg, at least.

I would have normally thought that they'd prefer Hibs to sell tickets in advance, but that's got to be pretty unlikely given the limited timeframe.

Yeah, i thought that too, but like you say with a limited time frame it would be difficult if Hibs were sending tickets to people. It's good for me cause I live in Sweden and I thought it might be a bit tight with the time to get a ticket if Hibs were sent their entire allocation to distribute. I thought I was going to have to go a bit eighties and go in the Malmö end.

:casper:

LioNeilMessi
28-06-2013, 05:54 PM
On same flight but was gonna just take the train from Vijla 3 hrs direct to Malmo on my own if you dont get car full pm me.

What's the story with the train with cost? I can't work through the Danish train website :greengrin

danhibees1875
28-06-2013, 06:24 PM
Unless things have changed very recently, you can't use an interrail ticket in your own country of residence. So you would need to pay for more than one rail ticket I think.

This. Watch out for that one!

Swedish hibee
28-06-2013, 07:01 PM
To watch Football in Sweden is actually reasonable compared with the cost of everything else.. Cheaper than watching Hibs at times.. but NOT as fun :aok:

Juice-Terry
28-06-2013, 07:26 PM

Unless you're under time constraints I STRONGLY recommend you take the train to Malmö from Copenhagen rather than a taxi. A taxi will probably be VERY expensive. (Not entirely sure so needs checking, but a strong suspicion nonetheless.)

Skåne Hibs
28-06-2013, 09:02 PM
To watch Football in Sweden is actually reasonable compared with the cost of everything else.. Cheaper than watching Hibs at times.. but NOT as fun :aok:

Aye, i know. Helsingborg do a good system, that the earlier you buy your ticket, the cheaper it is.
I like that some Swedish grounds have still got terracing too. I've not been to Malmö's ground yet, but someone told me a large part of the away end is terracing.:greengrin

Baldy Foghorn
28-06-2013, 09:10 PM
Aye, i know. Helsingborg do a good system, that the earlier you buy your ticket, the cheaper it is.
I like that some Swedish grounds have still got terracing too. I've not been to Malmö's ground yet, but someone told me a large part of the away end is terracing.:greengrin

Was terracing behind goals when we played Elfsborg

lucky
28-06-2013, 09:22 PM
We've changed our plans now having a night out in London on Tuesday before we go. How many sleeps is it? Feel like a big kid. Only 3rd time in Europe with Hibs.

Skåne Hibs
28-06-2013, 09:47 PM
Unless you're under time constraints I STRONGLY recommend you take the train to Malmö from Copenhagen rather than a taxi. A taxi will probably be VERY expensive. (Not entirely sure so needs checking, but a strong suspicion nonetheless.)

Spot on, do not get a taxi in Copenhagen or Malmö for a journey of that distance unless you really have to, they are f***in rip-off. Get the train. The ticket machines have an English option at the train station and there's usually always people to ask if you need help.

heretoday
28-06-2013, 10:30 PM
Dukla was the ex army team,

Bohemians are just down the road from me and love going down to see them, just got promoted back into top league. Standing & Beer, its just great !

You are lucky living there. We really enjoyed ourselves going about the place. The tram system is great once you get familiar with it!

Actually, our local team was Viktoria Zizkov who also had a bar in the ground. No probs having a pint while watching footy.

davhibby
28-06-2013, 11:59 PM
How many tickets would we get if we were playing Malmo?

CB_NO3
29-06-2013, 12:26 AM
I dont think no one knows. I would take a guess we will get at least 2k. They normally have about 7 or 8k empty seats on an average league game. Pretty much like ourselves.

DarrenSQH
29-06-2013, 07:18 PM
Just booked 5 of us on the Manchester to Copenhagen flight for £143 each. Wed-Fri.

Hope Malmo get a result this week!

ronaldo7
29-06-2013, 08:12 PM
Just booked 5 of us on the Manchester to Copenhagen flight for £143 each. Wed-Fri.

Hope Malmo get a result this week!

How are you getting to Manc land?

lucky
29-06-2013, 09:30 PM
How many do you think Hibs will take to Malmo? going with posts on here and Bounce I reckon around 500. Which is very decent.

DarrenSQH
29-06-2013, 09:42 PM
How are you getting to Manc land?

One of the lads is saying he will drive. Rather him than me.

Swedish hibee
30-06-2013, 01:22 AM

Helsingborg :loser: As bad as being a Jambo hohoho!!

Swedish hibee
30-06-2013, 01:24 AM
Spot on, do not get a taxi in Copenhagen or Malmö for a journey of that distance unless you really have to, they are f***in rip-off. Get the train. The ticket machines have an English option at the train station and there's usually always people to ask if you need help.

Agree 100% DONT GET A TAXI. Ever. Ever. Ever. Have I made my point clear? :dunno:

Skåne Hibs
30-06-2013, 07:57 AM
Helsingborg :loser: As bad as being a Jambo hohoho!!

As we all know, nothing is as bad as being a jambo. Anyway Helsingborg have got more than 50p to their name, so can't really be compared to the dark side.

ronaldo7
30-06-2013, 08:42 AM
One of the lads is saying he will drive. Rather him than me.

You have a pm.

StevieC
30-06-2013, 07:54 PM
Stansted to Malmo for me .. out Wednesday back Friday.

Need to sort out a hotel in Malmo for the Wednesday and Thursday nights.

Iggy Pope
30-06-2013, 08:11 PM
Was terracing behind goals when we played Elfsborg

With a big net in front of it that we never looked like hitting
:wink:

Don't know if you made it to the BK Hacken game on the Sunday after Elfsborg, but I see they beat Malmo 3-1 away last week......(Noting also that Malmo gubbed Elfsborg, so not taking too much from that!)

fatbloke
30-06-2013, 08:29 PM
Last time we won 9-2 on aggregate any chance of...........:greengrin

BS44
30-06-2013, 08:30 PM
What's the story with the train with cost? I can't work through the Danish train website :greengrin

http://www.dsb.dk/salg/netbutikken/sogeresultat

IF I've got this right then it's about 55 quid one way all-in. Billund to Copenhagen and then another train from Cop. to Malmo

HibeeMG
01-07-2013, 12:26 AM
Last time we won 9-2 on aggregate any chance of...........:greengrin

..... them getting revenge?

Probably.

:greengrin

Andy74
01-07-2013, 03:15 PM
I should be going to the first leg in Tallaght on Thursday - will be giving Malmo a bit of support for the sake of my Ryanair flight in a couple of weeks!

edinburghhibee
01-07-2013, 05:34 PM
I should be going to the first leg in Tallaght on Thursday - will be giving Malmo a bit of support for the sake of my Ryanair flight in a couple of weeks!

Dinnae bother yer arse I want Ireland!!!

Baldy Foghorn
01-07-2013, 06:44 PM
With a big net in front of it that we never looked like hitting
:wink:

Don't know if you made it to the BK Hacken game on the Sunday after Elfsborg, but I see they beat Malmo 3-1 away last week......(Noting also that Malmo gubbed Elfsborg, so not taking too much from that!)

Never stayed for the Hacken game, left the day after the Elfsborg match.......Quite fancy Malmo now though.....:greengrin

Hibby91
01-07-2013, 06:47 PM
What dates are people booking malmo up for is it the 18th of july yeah ?

JimBHibees
02-07-2013, 06:55 AM
What dates are people booking malmo up for is it the 18th of july yeah ?

Yes.

brydekirk
02-07-2013, 07:59 AM
When do they play each other ? Who is at home first and will it be on telly ?
Thanks
Malmo v Drogheda

Billy Whizz
02-07-2013, 08:01 AM
When do they play each other ? Who is at home first and will it be on telly ?
Thanks

1st game is in Ireland this Thursday, 4th July 7.45pm ko, and 2nd leg in Malmo on the 11th

Chuck Rhoades
02-07-2013, 08:11 AM
Anybody find odds for Drogheda to qualify online?

hibs4thecup1988
02-07-2013, 08:38 AM
Anybody find odds for Drogheda to qualify online?

Drogheda to qualify is 19/4
Malmo is 1/10

HUTCHYHIBBY
02-07-2013, 11:17 AM
For anybody still thinking about booking up for this I see Ryanair have a sale on until midnight on Thurs, might be worth having a wee rake about after the result of the first leg.

greglauder
03-07-2013, 01:30 AM
anybody got a clue roughly what price the public transport is from billund to malmo? the Danish website doesn't show the price. cheers

norwayhibs
03-07-2013, 03:51 AM
anybody got a clue roughly what price the public transport is from billund to malmo? the Danish website doesn't show the price. cheers

The Price for a train to Copenhagen is 767 kr return, I cant get a Price direct to Malmø , CPH to Malmø is around 180 kr. There is a thread on the bounce about car sharing from Billund. Thats the cheapest option I think.:aok:

YehButNoBut
07-07-2013, 02:09 PM
Malmo v Gefle currently on Bet 365 live, Malmo looking good, just gone 2-1 up after 50 mins.

OsloHibs
07-07-2013, 07:21 PM
The Price for a train to Copenhagen is 767 kr return, I cant get a Price direct to Malmø , CPH to Malmø is around 180 kr. There is a thread on the bounce about car sharing from Billund. Thats the cheapest option I think.:aok:

Are you going down to Malmø? How you getting there?

norwayhibs
07-07-2013, 08:53 PM
Are you going down to Malmø? How you getting there?

Yes, Kristiansand -Copenhagen with Widerøe (17-19 july)

Alex Trager
08-07-2013, 08:50 AM
Considering getting one of these tickets and heading to malmo with it. If you leave edinburgh at half 7 on the Tuesday you get hamburg for 11pm and from their a train to Copenhagen then malmo. Any other hibees considered this option?

Much is that mate?

Billy Whizz
08-07-2013, 02:23 PM
I see the 2nd leg of Malmo v Drogheda this Thursday is an early ko at 6pm Swedish time, 7pm uk.