PDA

View Full Version : Manager back from hols

hugo boss
15-06-2013, 11:19 AM
Now fenlons back from his hols and pre season starting monday heres hoping we get more signings this week, and not at last minute as usual:flag:

MSK
15-06-2013, 11:22 AM
Now fenlons back from his hols and pre season starting monday heres hoping we get more signings this week, and not at last minute as usual:flag:Couldnt care if its last minute or last seconds ..as long as its signings that improve the team ..

hugo boss
15-06-2013, 11:25 AM
Couldnt care if its last minute or last seconds ..as long as its signings that improve the team .. Hibs have a habbit of signing players last minute then they are not fit thats what i was meaning

MSK
15-06-2013, 11:32 AM
Hibs have a habbit of signing players last ,inute then they are not fit thats what i was meaningWe signed Tudor Jones & Liam Craig ..they werent signed last minute .. much depends on who is available & when we can get them, if players are still attached to clubs then they will prob start their pre-season training too ..like I say if its last minute of the window & players who will improve the team then I will be happy, I trust Pat will have an idea on what areas of the team needs improved ...:pfgwa

lord bunberry
15-06-2013, 11:41 AM
We need at least one striker in before the euro tie if we are serious about progressing to the next round

NOLA
15-06-2013, 11:41 AM
2 strikers and a left winger please pat, STAT

hugo boss
15-06-2013, 11:47 AM
We need at least one striker in before the euro tie if we are serious about progressing to the next round correct thats why i started the threa but happyhibbie couldnt grasp that. Hibs always get players in late FACT

Leighonel
15-06-2013, 11:51 AM
2 strikers and a left winger please pat, STAT

There are more important positions to improve than the left wing

Lucius Apuleius
15-06-2013, 11:55 AM
correct thats why i started the threa but happyhibbie couldnt grasp that. Hibs always get players in late FACT

The two we have already signed don't count then?

hugo boss
15-06-2013, 12:00 PM
The two we have already signed don't count then? Sorry i thought we needed more player? IE striker 2??? left winger??? amd right back???

Lucius Apuleius
15-06-2013, 12:05 PM
Sorry i thought we needed more player? IE striker 2??? left winger??? amd right back???

We probably do???? But we will probably get them when the manager identifies them????? I think the fact that we have already signed a couple of players shows a change?????????????

Eyrie
15-06-2013, 12:05 PM
Sorry i thought we needed more player? IE striker 2??? left winger??? amd right back???

Three out of four for that.

But we have Harris, Craig and Cairney who can play on the left. On the right there is only Harris (who is more effective on the left) and Handling (who looks out of position, which he is). So we need a winger on the right rather than left.

brydekirk
15-06-2013, 12:07 PM
Need right winger & striker asap

DH1875
15-06-2013, 12:07 PM
We probably do???? But we will probably get them when the manager identifies them????? I think the fact that we have already signed a couple of players shows a change?????????????

If he's not identified a list of targets yet, he shouldn't be in the job.

blackpoolhibs
15-06-2013, 12:08 PM
Three out of four for that.

But we have Harris, Craig and Cairney who can play on the left. On the right there is only Harris (who is more effective on the left) and Handling (who looks out of position, which he is). So we need a winger on the right rather than left.

:agree:

Lucius Apuleius
15-06-2013, 12:11 PM
If he's not identified a list of targets yet, he shouldn't be in the job.

OK maybe bad choice of words. There will be signings once the freaking transfer windae opens. :wink: I really cannot believe we have started complaining about the movement in transfers when we have two players identified before it even opens.

MSK
15-06-2013, 12:11 PM
correct thats why i started the threa but happyhibbie couldnt grasp that. Hibs always get players in late FACTGrasp what ?...stop slavering ****ing drivel ..theres nowt tae grasp ..hibs & every club the length & breadth o Britain sign players last minute, hibs have done it for years & will continue to do so & it aint gonna change just because you want it to !!

We have signed two very good reliable midfielders & McGivern has signed permanent so theres three for starters. Harris & Forster are more or less starters in the first team, add Handling & Caldwell as knocking on the door too. Yes we do need a couple of more players in but Im sure Pat knows what he is looking for, we are adding to the team this year ..not re-building, so dont know why you are getting yer knickers in a twist....

In Pat I trust ..:pfgwa

Fergus52
15-06-2013, 12:40 PM

:tee hee:

Fergus52
15-06-2013, 12:45 PM
correct thats why i started the threa but happyhibbie couldnt grasp that. Hibs always get players in late FACT

I've missed the use of the word "FACT" in block capitals as an attempt to make a point more credible.

Not seen it in a while.

Notahappyhibee
15-06-2013, 12:55 PM
A Signing today of Jimmy NIcholl

rossi
16-06-2013, 01:07 PM
is the transfer window open?

Lucius Apuleius
16-06-2013, 01:19 PM

No but that is totally inconsequential. We should have had at least 6 in by now.

bingo70
16-06-2013, 01:26 PM

No but that is totally inconsequential. We should have had at least 6 in by now.

TBF it's pretty irrelevant if the transfer window is open just now or not as it would just mean if we did sign anyone we couldn't play them until the window opens, seeing as there isn't any games that's obviously not an issue. If somebody is under contract with another club until say 30th June for example we could just sign them on a pre-contract.

I'm pretty relaxed that we've only signed a couple of players, i think it is important we get players in early with us being in Europe but it's a bit early to be hitting the panic button just yet.

Humo
16-06-2013, 02:14 PM
Need right winger & striker asap

Harris is a great right winger I don't see why anyone would want to replace him :confused:

bingo70
16-06-2013, 02:24 PM
Harris is a great right winger I don't see why anyone would want to replace him :confused:

Harris is much better being played on the left.

Andy74
16-06-2013, 04:04 PM

So I guess playing wingers on the 'wrong' side is alright with the fans now? :greengrin

Humo
16-06-2013, 04:24 PM

He is only better because Ryan is there giving good support and great through balls. Tim and Alan are good in defence but that's it they can't really go forward (Tim especially in the Falkirk game was painful to watch)

bingo70
16-06-2013, 04:29 PM
He is only better because Ryan is there giving good support and great through balls. Tim and Alan are good in defence but that's it they can't really go forward (Tim especially in the Falkirk game was painful to watch)

disagree, i think he's better on the left as he's able to cut in on his right and have a shot at goal

Ozyhibby
16-06-2013, 04:46 PM
I'm sure Pat is eyeing up a couple of the worlds best youngsters who just happen to be Edinburgh Based.
:-)

blackpoolhibs
16-06-2013, 04:47 PM
So I guess playing wingers on the 'wrong' side is alright with the fans now? :greengrin

Harris looks much better when played in front on McGivern, they have already created a good understanding between the pair. And he does like to cut inside and let loose. :wink:

brog
16-06-2013, 05:03 PM
Harris looks much better when played in front on McGivern, they have already created a good understanding between the pair. And he does like to cut inside and let loose. :wink:

He was superb at PBS on right wing, - - - mind you!:wink: