PDA

View Full Version : Hibs Share Certificates

fatbloke
14-06-2013, 11:05 PM
To any Yams looking in who may wonder what a Share Certificate is Clap yer eyes on this. I proudly display my original certificate.

iwasthere1972
14-06-2013, 11:19 PM
Are you sure you really want to share that information with any Yam onlookers especially if that's your address. Even worse if you lived there and have now moved. Wouldn't take much for some nutter to throw a missile through your window.

SaulGoodman
14-06-2013, 11:52 PM
Are you sure you really want to share that information with any Yam onlookers especially if that's your address. Even worse if you lived there and have now moved. Wouldn't take much for some nutter to throw a missile through your window.

Missiles always get launched through the windows in Campie anyway :duck:

Time For Heroes
14-06-2013, 11:52 PM
Funny Because I came across this.... Granted a slight difference in his first name but I reckon I know who it is, goes a long way to explaining a few things.

surreyhibbie
15-06-2013, 12:01 AM
Haha, it's along time since you lived in Campie, Fatbloke. :-)

Lucius Apuleius
15-06-2013, 06:17 AM
Andy Stewart is a Hibby :confused: Brilliant. By the way, looks nothing like my share certificate.

Part/Time Supporter
15-06-2013, 06:33 AM
Andy Stewart is a Hibby :confused: Brilliant. By the way, looks nothing like my share certificate.

What's posted above is one of the shares in Edinburgh Hibernian plc (SC112772) from the public offering during the Duff & Gray regime. Different company number from any shares that are issued now because they now just sell shares in Hibernian FC Ltd (SC005323).

Edinburgh Hibernian plc (latterly Forth Investments plc) went into receivership (insolvency) in 1991 because as well as owning Hibernian FC Ltd, it also owned those "trendy wine bars" that were in negative equity. Tom Farmer then used that crisis to separate out Hibernian FC Ltd from Edinburgh Hibernian plc, as he bought Hibernian FC Ltd from the receiver of Edinburgh Hibernian plc. As explained in the "That Was The Team That Was" episode about the 91/92 Skol Cup team.

https://www.duedil.com/company/SC112772/forth-investments-plc

CropleyWasGod
15-06-2013, 08:18 AM
What's posted above is one of the shares in Edinburgh Hibernian plc (SC112772) from the public offering during the Duff & Gray regime. Different company number from any shares that are issued now because they now just sell shares in Hibernian FC Ltd (SC005323).

Edinburgh Hibernian plc (latterly Forth Investments plc) went into receivership (insolvency) in 1991 because as well as owning Hibernian FC Ltd, it also owned those "trendy wine bars" that were in negative equity. Tom Farmer then used that crisis to separate out Hibernian FC Ltd from Edinburgh Hibernian plc, as he bought Hibernian FC Ltd from the receiver of Edinburgh Hibernian plc. As explained in the "That Was The Team That Was" episode about the 91/92 Skol Cup team.

....and he made sure that all of those private individuals who had bought shares in the old company were given shares in the new one.

CB_NO3
15-06-2013, 08:20 AM
Just out of interest, how do you buy shares in Hibs and what is the minimum amount you can buy?

Lucius Apuleius
15-06-2013, 08:21 AM

Kinda guessed that:wink:

Pretty Boy
15-06-2013, 08:24 AM
Just out of interest, how do you buy shares in Hibs and what is the minimum amount you can buy?

Email pjensen@hibernianfc.co.uk for details. Minimum purchase is £50.

Be warned you will wait ages for a reply

fatbloke
15-06-2013, 01:06 PM
Haha, it's along time since you lived in Campie, Fatbloke. :-)

35 years and counting:greengrin

fatbloke
15-06-2013, 01:07 PM

That is an original the club sent out new ones later.

fatbloke
15-06-2013, 01:09 PM

IIRC it is either 100 shares or £100.

Hibrandenburg
15-06-2013, 01:15 PM
To any Yams looking in who may wonder what a Share Certificate is Clap yer eyes on this. I proudly display my original certificate.

Campie? You're still a Fa'side bloke at heart!

scoopyboy
15-06-2013, 08:07 PM

Were you a janitor? :greengrin

jonty
15-06-2013, 08:33 PM
But they've been issued. 10268

fatbloke
22-06-2013, 01:30 PM
Campie? You're still a Fa'side bloke at heart!

Always - you can take the bloke out of Fa'side but.......

fatbloke
22-06-2013, 01:31 PM
Were you a janitor? :greengrin

hi Scoopyboy - nah my auld man wiz. How's things in deepest East Lothian. how's yer auld man and brother doing?

Kojock
22-06-2013, 01:42 PM

My share certificate.....

Jack
22-06-2013, 02:12 PM
Email pjensen@hibernianfc.co.uk for details. Minimum purchase is £50.

Be warned you will wait ages for a reply

Might not be ages, it all depends on matching up sellers and buyers. I was lucky and the whole thing was wrapped up in a couple of weeks.

rcarter1
16-07-2013, 08:43 PM
By the way, in the spirit of 'knowing your history', I have read Yams saying that in the Farmer rescue of Hibs post Mercer bid, that Hibs stiffed a whole bunch of creditors, and we basically scammed our way out of liquidation. :dunno: It sounds like typical 'youre as bad as us' nonsense, but came to realise I hadnt a scooby what actually happened. I thought TF just bought up all the shares?

Part/Time Supporter
16-07-2013, 08:58 PM
By the way, in the spirit of 'knowing your history', I have read Yams saying that in the Farmer rescue of Hibs post Mercer bid, that Hibs stiffed a whole bunch of creditors, and we basically scammed our way out of liquidation. :dunno: It sounds like typical 'youre as bad as us' nonsense, but came to realise I hadnt a scooby what actually happened. I thought TF just bought up all the shares?

See above.

Viva_Palmeiras
16-07-2013, 09:07 PM

Ok which poor unfortunate yam now lives at this address who'll get grief despite being one of their own ;)

Ireallywasthere
16-07-2013, 09:12 PM

Spooky. Im a VERY close neighbour ;-)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

rcarter1
16-07-2013, 09:24 PM
See above.

Cheers! So it seems that when Edinburgh Hibernian was liquidated, Tom and the fans bought the football club, and the bars were sold elsewhere. Did the club itself have crippling debts, or was the club brought down by the failure of the bars? I.e. did we overspend ourselves to the grave? I've always presumed the football club itself was still solvent, but the danger came when some of the people owning the shares were willing to sell to Mercer.

Part/Time Supporter
16-07-2013, 09:38 PM
Cheers! So it seems that when Edinburgh Hibernian was liquidated, Tom and the fans bought the football club, and the bars were sold elsewhere. Did the club itself have crippling debts, or was the club brought down by the failure of the bars? I.e. did we overspend ourselves to the grave? I've always presumed the football club itself was still solvent, but the danger came when some of the people owning the shares were willing to sell to Mercer.

Hibernian FC itself had debts at that time, but nothing that would have caused insolvency. The club was dragged down by the non-football investments of the parent company going bad. The investments were made at or near the top of the late 80s bubble, then values quickly declined from 1989 to 1991. This also had the effect of depressing the share price of the (publicly traded) parent company, which made it possible for Mercer to attempt his takeover in 1990.

rcarter1
16-07-2013, 09:52 PM
Hibernian FC itself had debts at that time, but nothing that would have caused insolvency. The club was dragged down by the non-football investments of the parent company going bad. The investments were made at or near the top of the late 80s bubble, then values quickly declined from 1989 to 1991. This also had the effect of depressing the share price of the (publicly traded) parent company, which made it possible for Mercer to attempt his takeover in 1990.

Cheers once again. So to sum up, would you in your informed opinion :greengrin, deny the accusation that Hibs defaulted their creditors when Tom Farmer purchased the football club?