PDA

View Full Version : Up for sale - which of their players would do a job for us?

JMac
13-06-2013, 12:07 PM
So now that they are selling their team, they will lose anyone that has had a bid submitted (however small). So my question is for a minimal price tag, would you buy any of their players? I can' think of any that would make our first 11 any better. Maybe a couple of squad players?

Shaggy
13-06-2013, 12:12 PM
It is a fire sale, but regardless.... I couldnt hand on heart,
want Hibs to give them 2p for the entire squad
to help them out of a self dug hole

hibee bouncer
13-06-2013, 12:12 PM
If we didn't have Williams, I'd have considered MacDonald but man for man, I don't think they have a better player than we already have for each position.

Scottie
13-06-2013, 12:16 PM
I would'ny take any o them

To contribute to their safety would be just plain wrong

They have sowed their seeds so let them reap what they have sown :bye:

Time For Heroes
13-06-2013, 12:16 PM
Who's the fan favourite at the Wonga Dome?
Chuck them 50p just to mess with them.

JimBHibees
13-06-2013, 12:18 PM
Personally think Holt is a player.

davym7062
13-06-2013, 12:20 PM
I'd take McDonald heard he does a magic chicken burger

JimBHibees
13-06-2013, 12:24 PM
I'd take McDonald heard he does a magic chicken burger

He'd probably drop that as well. :greengrin

Pretty Boy
13-06-2013, 12:28 PM
I'd probably take Paterson.

Big, strong, quite pacey and can play a few positions.

Can't decide whether it would be funnier to offer a pathetic amount lile £2.5K or £15K payable in instalments.

EastCalderHibby
13-06-2013, 12:29 PM
Even though they have the best crop of ***** i mean young talent in the world ,
NO I WOULD NOT HAVE ANY OF THAT VERMIN IN ANY HIBS TEAM
But certainly would not expect to to pay for any of their **** :na na:
:flag::flag::flag::flag::flag::flag:

stoneyburn hibs
13-06-2013, 12:34 PM
No, hope they get no offers from any club

IWasThere2016
13-06-2013, 12:35 PM
McHattie
Holt
Patterson

for a pound :greengrin

JohnStephens91
13-06-2013, 12:36 PM
I'd take none of their players, even the 'good' ones are ****ing mince

The Toun Hibee
13-06-2013, 12:36 PM
I wouldn't taken any of them either, why should we support a club that cr4pp3d on football ethics for years. They've borrowed beyond their means and it's now time to pay up. They're struggling from one crisis to another with sticky plaster solutions not going anywhere addressing their debts. Best option for them is administration or liquidation and then build up from the bottom.

I know Petrie's not been a favourite but I have to say I'm grateful to him for keeping the purse strings tightly closed of the years. It's because of this approach that we're stable and looking to develop the team rather than offload them in a fire sale.

GGTTH

Devilstorment
13-06-2013, 12:44 PM
Not that I would take any of the tramps but why are people under the impression that they would accept ANY offer? just because the entire team is up for sale doesn't mean that they would take any offer?!?!?

NORTHERNHIBBY
13-06-2013, 12:47 PM
Buy now, or get for free later?

Franck Stanton
13-06-2013, 12:49 PM
Sign Novokovas. Not that I think he is any good, in fact wouldn't even play him, so why sign him you ask ? If he signs for a Club OUTSIDE Scotland those puddle-drinkers get upwards of £100,000 compensation, so if we sign him they get hee-haw. Phut them, they have been living well beyond their means for years, we have warned them but they chose to ignore warnings/signs, burying their heads in the sand saying " We owe the money to ourselves" aye, right. Now the Lithuanian mafia are blaming the supporters for the Clubs demise. Ye just couldnae make it up. The sooner they die the better. Still, they always have 1902/5-1 to hide behind. Hope that cheers them up on a Saturday afternoon whilst pushing the shopping trolley around Asda/Tesco.

3pm
13-06-2013, 12:50 PM
Is anyone worth paying a fee for?! There are a couple with promise but I doubt anyone is that desperate to get them.

Danderhall Hibs
13-06-2013, 12:51 PM
Webster.

Don't know much about the youngsters - not heard much about them.

Thecat23
13-06-2013, 12:53 PM
Walker, Holt and Patterson all good young players that I'd have a look at. But offer peanuts for them just to really piss that mob off.

Big_Franck
13-06-2013, 01:01 PM
There isn't a single Hearts player left that I would take at Hibs. The team they have left is minging and is only going to get worse.

Holmesdale Hibs
13-06-2013, 01:06 PM
Webster for a season if we don't get McManus and Sutton. Tauill (sp?) was ok. They're probably all on a free now.

ian cruise
13-06-2013, 01:09 PM
Webster for a season if we don't get McManus and Sutton. Tauill (sp?) was ok. They're probably all on a free now.

Webster is out of contract anyway so he's away regardless after today's announcement surely.

3pm
13-06-2013, 01:12 PM

I'd rather play with nobody up front thab Sutton. It's the same thing anyway.

Stringer
13-06-2013, 01:14 PM

Can't decide whether it would be funnier to offer a pathetic amount lile £2.5K or £15K payable in instalments.

This. Patterson is the only one that we should look into.

bingo70
13-06-2013, 01:15 PM
This. Patterson is the only one that we should look into.

He's pish imo

HTD1875
13-06-2013, 01:26 PM
Why would we pay for any of their players, they'll all be going free come July :na na:

brog
13-06-2013, 01:28 PM

I posted almost identical earlier. I just saw Southern on SSN saying players will only be sold for proper market value! Aye, right, think he just realised their strategy's doon the pan!

JimBHibees
13-06-2013, 01:52 PM
I posted almost identical earlier. I just saw Southern on SSN saying players will only be sold for proper market value! Aye, right, think he just realised their strategy's doon the pan!

Brilliant, everyone, everyone, we're skint, nae money, brassick, every player has to go. But only for market value :faf:

He is right in that the market will decide and that market will decide they will get next to nothing.

They're gone IMO.

truehibernian
13-06-2013, 01:53 PM
Callum Paterson = Josh Magennis = very poor man's Ted McMinn (for those who remember Ted).

PeterboroHibee
13-06-2013, 02:18 PM
I dont know much about the majority of their young players, but none of them seemed to stand out last year. Of the guys who they can genuinely make some money on, who is there? McDonald and Wilson (what a daft decision to sign with them), and possibly Stevenson?

I honestly cant see them raising the 'significant six-figure sum' suggested they need with players in that squad and season tickets.

Matty_Jack04
13-06-2013, 02:25 PM
Is anyone worth paying a fee for?! There are a couple with promise but I doubt anyone is that desperate to get them.

I was saying this exact thing to yams in my work today, there's a few young players that have looked decent but they finished 9th in the SPL there hardly going to command Million pound transfer fees, it'll be league 1/2 clubs that will have a sniff about but no SPL club will part with cash and there's none good enough for a championship club IMO I think they'd be lucky to get offers around 200k for the better of the bunch

Chump
13-06-2013, 02:45 PM
Danny Wilson...he clearly has composure which is what we need at back!!
Paul Hanlon is a bit of a bombscare at times so I would replace him with Wilson plus the fact that he hardly has maroon pumping through his veins like the rest of the ****bo's

Also like to see who Gary 'vermin' Locke decides to manage as I'm sure he'll be on the scrap heap where he belongs shortly....mouthing off about only ever wanting to manage Hearts a week ago....fanny!!:greengrin

JMac
13-06-2013, 03:08 PM
Paul Hanlon is a bit of a bombscare at times so I would replace him with Wilson

While I agree we could do with Wilson, Hanlon was our best defender last season, Wilson would replace McPake if anyone

Speedy
13-06-2013, 03:42 PM
I dont know much about the majority of their young players, but none of them seemed to stand out last year. Of the guys who they can genuinely make some money on, who is there? McDonald and Wilson (what a daft decision to sign with them), and possibly Stevenson?

I honestly cant see them raising the 'significant six-figure sum' suggested they need with players in that squad and season tickets.

Can Wilson move this window? Didn't he just sign?

Jones28
13-06-2013, 03:45 PM
Paterson

Billychaotic182
13-06-2013, 03:54 PM
Would take Wilson and Holt

JimBHibees
13-06-2013, 03:58 PM

Agreed to sign when his Liverpool deal ran out which is the end of the month I think. A ruse to get the deluded to buy more season tickets.

Billychaotic182
13-06-2013, 03:58 PM
And McGowen

Billy Whizz
13-06-2013, 04:05 PM
And McGowen

Dylan, no way. Not good enough by a long way

NOLA
13-06-2013, 04:54 PM
Paterson, walker and :tin hat: mchattie

PISTOL1875
13-06-2013, 04:55 PM
Anybody who wouldn't want Callum Patterson playing for HIbs needs there head read...

steviehibsleith
13-06-2013, 05:00 PM
All the players who I would have taken have left in the last 2 transfer windows.

The current squad finished second bottom and that was points accumulated earler in the season.
Walker- is tipped but Harris is better and younger.
Holt we have Tudor jones and Liam Craig additional in addition to what we had so see no place for him.
Patterson is massively overated had a ok game aganst Liverpool but near the end before his injury he was poor.
If i had to say oneit would be Mchattie left back but if thats going to be Mcgiverns position then I dont see us going for a single player.

mutley
13-06-2013, 06:01 PM
How funny would it be if we got 1or 2 for free and then sold them for a decent price.... Just to add to the yams misery

maturehibby
13-06-2013, 06:03 PM
Dont take any of them as they will probably not try a leg and undermine us on the park

Miguel
13-06-2013, 10:53 PM
No. No one. Nada. Nowt. Not because they're Hearts. Because they're crap.

ballengeich
13-06-2013, 11:13 PM

Is Wilson not just on a pre-contract agreement so far? He won't be registered yet. If this month's salaries aren't paid on time the SFA are likely to impose another registration ban so his position may become legally complicated.

Going back to the original question, Paterson, Walker and Holt are good young players who we'd be praising if they'd come through our development system.

essexhibee
13-06-2013, 11:21 PM
What position does the boy Paterson play. Seems to have played all over?

Wouldn't take any of them as I wouldn't want to give them a 1p.

Green Fish
13-06-2013, 11:50 PM
None of them, no way. Under current circumstances don't think pf could get best out of them. We have real quality and promise coming through, what message would it send to them.

JohnStephens91
14-06-2013, 12:44 AM
I reckon I could take Ryan Stevenson in a race. I'll go by car. He'll go by bike.

Pete
14-06-2013, 01:35 AM
I'll take Skacel or Zaliukas.

Surely they would re-sign and be sold on to help the cause?

No?

weststandhibby
14-06-2013, 05:22 PM
Given their demise and all players up for sale. Any that we might look at? Thoughts?

Hermit Crab
14-06-2013, 05:24 PM
Given their demise and all players up for sale. Any that we might look at? Thoughts?

Young laddie walker and maybe Webster? Dunno

Lester B
14-06-2013, 05:25 PM
Most of them I think could do a job for us. Pies and programmes don't sell themselves you know. And the bogs need cleaned regularly!

MountcastleHibs
14-06-2013, 05:25 PM

I genuinely don't think any of their current playing staff would improve Hibs. The players that would've done so have already left. IMO of course.

Mark79
14-06-2013, 05:26 PM
The boy holt is meant to be pretty handy. Wilson too but then they dont own him do they.

kdhibees1
14-06-2013, 05:28 PM
Get them all tae ****!!! Yam minded phannies!

cabbageandribs1875
14-06-2013, 05:30 PM
some on here seem to be going a bit overboard about the hertz GK, it's only because of a pretty decent defence in front of him that stopped them shipping more goals, i thought he was a bit suspect when teams put them under a bit of pressure, i'd take webster though, wanted him before he plumped for more dosh at the pink arena instead of us :agree:

weststandhibby
14-06-2013, 05:35 PM
Get them all tae ****!!! Yam minded phannies!
So you'd like them to disappear from existence then?

I remember standing next to jambo friends at hands off hibs rallies when Mercer tried to kill us off. Personally I'm saddened to see what is happening

Different situation now but we need hibs/hearts rivalry in the game

GlenrothesHibee
14-06-2013, 07:03 PM
So you'd like them to disappear from existence then?

I remember standing next to jambo friends at hands off hibs rallies when Mercer tried to kill us off. Personally I'm saddened to see what is happening

Different situation now but we need hibs/hearts rivalry in the game

I know what your saying. I remember Jambos being at the HOH
rally. There are decent Hearts fans out there but and i may have felt the same if it wasn't for the sheer and utter arrogance that the vast majority of they're support have shown for years and years. Utter delusion that they are some sort of huge club. Denial that they have bought a derby record. The list goes on. These mugs weren't complaining when they were cheating their way through season after season, giving it the "big team" p**h while everyone else was living within their means. Them die.

DH1875
14-06-2013, 07:29 PM
If he's a free agent we should sign Wilson just to get it up them :thumbsup:.

Scouse Hibee
14-06-2013, 10:20 PM
Jamie Walker currently a better player than Harris.

Wilson currently without a club

GreenOnions
14-06-2013, 11:15 PM

Walker is a year older than Harris. Let's see how Alex is in a year's time.

Having said that I think Walker and Patterson both look like players although it's more about their potential than what they've actually done. Obviously Wilson too but who knows what's going to happen there.

I don't know if any of their other players have any particular value. Certainly none that would improve us to any great extent. Despite all the press reports about how they have to play only youngsters Hearts had as much, if not more, experienced players in their side the last time we played them. I'd bet that the wage bill for their starting 11 that day was still higher than that for ours.

As we're improving I don't even know if there are any of the players they've lost under freedom of contract (Barr, Hammill, Taouill, Sutton) that would be likely to get a regular start at ER apart from Webster of course.

West hamBERNIAN
14-06-2013, 11:29 PM

wouldnt mind some of what your having? scored a couple of good goals aye but i think harris has showed a lot more to his game than him.

Liams
14-06-2013, 11:33 PM
I would love us to throw an insulting bid, like £100 for patterson

God Petrie
14-06-2013, 11:34 PM
I'd take their entire squad for £5m in September. Only if they pay us £250k per month in June July and August. Why let HMRC have all the fun.

hibeedonald
14-06-2013, 11:35 PM
wouldnt mind some of what your having? scored a couple of good goals aye but i think harris has showed a lot more to his game than him.

This, Walker did **** all in the derby, Harris was a constant threat.

Saying that I would take Walker he has scored some nice goals.

West hamBERNIAN
15-06-2013, 12:02 AM
would also say they had no real threat against us all season apart from crosses all season, there useless. reckon we could turn Mehdi Taouil into a football player again but i believe he'd always be covered in a ghastly stench that could harm the team morale so why bother. he really could have been good if he wasnt transformed into some sort of 2012 poor mans claros.:greengrin

Col2
15-06-2013, 05:58 AM
Walker and Patterson are only players we should be interested in. Rod could improve season tickets if we are seen to be nicking the last remaining yams talent.

Scouse Hibee
15-06-2013, 11:22 AM

I doubt you'd like it, it's called reallity!

Harris and Walker in the squad would be ideal.

HUTCHYHIBBY
15-06-2013, 11:32 AM
I know what your saying. I remember Jambos being at the HOH
rally. There are decent Hearts fans out there but and i may have felt the same if it wasn't for the sheer and utter arrogance that the vast majority of they're support have shown for years and years. Utter delusion that they are some sort of huge club. Denial that they have bought a derby record. The list goes on. These mugs weren't complaining when they were cheating their way through season after season, giving it the "big team" p**h while everyone else was living within their means. Them die.

Quite right, their arrogance over recent years has done my head in! Get the noose around their neck and let the hangman do his stuff!

Northernhibee
15-06-2013, 11:38 AM
I would love us to throw an insulting bid, like £100 for patterson

I'd rather we made one that's both insulting but would have them in two minds.

£10k for Callum Patterson. Make it very public, watch their fans squirm and they get enough cash to last another 24hrs and no more.

15-06-2013, 12:14 PM
I wouldn'y give them 2 bob for any of them!

DH1875
15-06-2013, 12:21 PM

£10k for Callum Patterson. Make it very public, watch their fans squirm and they get enough cash to last another 24hrs and no more.

They'd knock that back straight and we'd just look stupid. £50k-£75k and they'd be kiting themselves :agree:.

Northernhibee
15-06-2013, 12:45 PM
They'd knock that back straight and we'd just look stupid. £50k-£75k and they'd be kiting themselves :agree:.

I don't know; even if we weren't to get a bid accepted for it there'd likely be others following without a huge increase.

Could see £20-25k getting him in the end.

heretoday
15-06-2013, 04:26 PM
I'll take Holt and I'll throw in Maybury as a makeweight in the deal.

Unseen work
15-06-2013, 05:03 PM
Wouldn't like Paterson, nothin special and handling and Caldwell are better IMO. Tbh none of their players really excite me or I think we're already covered in that position

Dashing Bob S
15-06-2013, 05:07 PM

I like your style. That would be excellent. In fact, I'd make it 9.5 k then pull them up for exaggerating when they say in the press 'we weren't in the position to refuse a five figure sum...'

Leighonel
15-06-2013, 05:08 PM

:fishin:

truehibernian
15-06-2013, 05:17 PM

Different players in different positions SH - I've watched both in youth games and in all honesty Alex ****** over Jamie technically and has the greater balance and composure. That said Walker is a top player. But Alex is better all round and will be a Scotland cap in under 2 years. Jamie Walker won't.

JMac
15-06-2013, 06:24 PM
For me, I'd take Mchattie as a sub left back to McGivern, Walker as a sub left wing to Harris and Patterson as a potential starting right wing. That would be it for me. A lot of people talk up this Holt boy, granted i've only seen him against hibs but i've never seen him play well so not for me.

Eyrie
15-06-2013, 06:34 PM
For me, I'd take Mchattie as a sub left back to McGivern, Walker as a sub left wing to Harris and Patterson as a potential starting right wing. That would be it for me. A lot of people talk up this Holt boy, granted i've only seen him against hibs but i've never seen him play well so not for me.

We have Stevenson, Booth and even Hanlon to cover LB and both Craig and Cairney can play on the left of midfield. So that's the first two ruled out.

Scouse Hibee
15-06-2013, 06:50 PM
Different players in different positions SH - I've watched both in youth games and in all honesty Alex ****** over Jamie technically and has the greater balance and composure. That said Walker is a top player. But Alex is better all round and will be a Scotland cap in under 2 years. Jamie Walker won't.

Fair enough it's all about opinions, I've probably seen more of Walker than I have Harris over several years. Would be amazed if Walker doesn't progress to a full Scotland cap though.