PDA

View Full Version : Owen Coyle new Wigan manager

Time For Heroes
14-06-2013, 10:55 AM
Always rate him, looking forward to seeing what he can do with them.

banarc7062
14-06-2013, 11:17 AM
Wishing him all the best.:agree:

snooky
14-06-2013, 04:27 PM
I've always had a lot of respect for OC as a player and a manager - best of luck to him. :thumbsup:

HH81
14-06-2013, 04:37 PM
I am surprised no one has taken a punt on him earlier?

Good manager IMO.

LancashireHibby
14-06-2013, 07:15 PM
The natives are restless. All very entertaining.

Jonnyboy
14-06-2013, 10:16 PM
The natives are restless. All very entertaining.

No disrespect to Wigan but who exactly did they think they might attract? Coyle will get them up again :agree: :greengrin

Scouse Hibee
14-06-2013, 10:22 PM
Wigan are staying in the championship or lower, their premiership days are over.

LeighLoyal
14-06-2013, 10:28 PM
If they can keep that team together they'll come straight back up.

Scouse Hibee
14-06-2013, 10:29 PM
If they can keep that team together they'll come straight back up.

More chance of you talking sense on here!

blackpoolhibs
14-06-2013, 10:52 PM
No disrespect to Wigan but who exactly did they think they might attract? Coyle will get them up again :agree: :greengrin

You have more chance of seeing your 20th birthday again John, the man wont get Wigan up even with the riches of the parachute payment imo.

After starting his career in management well, he's been left behind with his all out attacking football. Unless he changes his way, i predict he wont see the end of his goal, which is to get Wigan back in the Premiership within 2 seasons.

Shteeve McLaren wanted the job, and would have been a much better option in my opinion, take his stint as England manager out of it, and he's been a success wherever he's gone.

Time For Heroes
14-06-2013, 11:25 PM
Serious question BH, honestly don't watch much, if any championship football but which teams are better?
Do you think Coyle got the nod because of his attacking style which will suit Wigan, or won't it?
Agree about Mclaren though, great record, but Coyle brought Burnley up through the playoffs so maybe ....
Can't see it myself, hope he does well though, always liked the guy.

blackpoolhibs
14-06-2013, 11:37 PM
Serious question BH, honestly don't watch much, if any championship football but which teams are better?
Do you think Coyle got the nod because of his attacking style which will suit Wigan, or won't it?
Agree about Mclaren though, great record, but Coyle brought Burnley up through the playoffs so maybe ....
Can't see it myself, hope he does well though, always liked the guy.

He's a bit of a Mowbury type manager, who seemed to get things right early in his managerial career. Since Burnley though, he's been poor. And some of the dross he brought to Bolton wouldnt get in the Hibs side.

Add in that he does not work on any of the defence, he lets them get on with it himself. And you begin to see why i dont think he will succeed at Wigan. I heard an interview with the guy Cahill that left them for Chelsea.

His exact words were he had to leave to learn more and make himself a better player, as Coyle did not work with him or any of the back 4.

Now bare in mind Wigan have Gary Caldwell as club captain, you see why i have my worries? :greengrin:greengrin

Time For Heroes
15-06-2013, 12:00 AM
He's a bit of a Mowbury type manager, who seemed to get things right early in his managerial career. Since Burnley though, he's been poor. And some of the dross he brought to Bolton wouldnt get in the Hibs side.

Add in that he does not work on any of the defence, he lets them get on with it himself. And you begin to see why i dont think he will succeed at Wigan. I heard an interview with the guy Cahill that left them for Chelsea.

His exact words were he had to leave to learn more and make himself a better player, as Coyle did not work with him or any of the back 4.

Now bare in mind Wigan have :hahaha:Gary Caldwell as club captain, you see why i have my worries? :greengrin:greengrin

:aok: Who do you reckon will come up this year?

Part/Time Supporter
15-06-2013, 05:31 AM
:aok: Who do you reckon will come up this year?

Reading look like a prototypical yo/yo club, didn't go for it big time last season really and still have the core of the team that got them promoted.

Forest must be in with a shout, finished very strongly last season under Davies after the "manager of the month" spell under McLeish.

:greengrin

GraniteCityHibs
15-06-2013, 08:30 AM

Their reaction on SSN is just as baffling as the Everton fans who were all givin it 'Martinez isnt big enough for our great club'

Who do they expect?

blackpoolhibs
15-06-2013, 08:31 AM
Reading look like a prototypical yo/yo club, didn't go for it big time last season really and still have the core of the team that got them promoted.

Forest must be in with a shout, finished very strongly last season under Davies after the "manager of the month" spell under McLeish.

It is a really difficult league to win, as every team can win against anyone. The teams that came down should be favourites to go straight back up, the parachute payments give them a huge advantage, and agree Reading should go close. :agree:

QPR are a team i just cant make my mind up about, who knows which way they could go?

Who knows about Watford, they will have a completely different side next season?

I also agree with you on Forrest, they had a right good run under Davies when he took over, and he has a great record in that league

Leicester went close last season, and should do so again, and Derby might be a dark horse this season.

Its a very open league this year, but i'd expect the winners to come from those teams.

Time For Heroes
15-06-2013, 08:53 AM
Great news about Forest, moving to Nottingham in a few weeks, hoping to catch some games. Hopefully some premiership ones!

LancashireHibby
15-06-2013, 08:56 AM
The first words I had were "we shouldn't be appointing Bolton rejects". I responded that they should be used to getting the scraps off the bigger clubs. Cue a 'vein popping out of head' type anger while I walk away with a knowing smile.

Jonnyboy
15-06-2013, 06:59 PM
You have more chance of seeing your 20th birthday again John, the man wont get Wigan up even with the riches of the parachute payment imo.

After starting his career in management well, he's been left behind with his all out attacking football. Unless he changes his way, i predict he wont see the end of his goal, which is to get Wigan back in the Premiership within 2 seasons.

Shteeve McLaren wanted the job, and would have been a much better option in my opinion, take his stint as England manager out of it, and he's been a success wherever he's gone.

Lets discuss it again at the end of next season :greengrin

blackpoolhibs
15-06-2013, 07:11 PM
Lets discuss it again at the end of next season :greengrin

If he gets that far John? :wink:

Jonnyboy
15-06-2013, 07:15 PM
If he gets that far John? :wink: