PDA

View Full Version : Yams Rod comments on Hearts situation

Keith_M
13-06-2013, 04:33 PM
Oor Rod asked (http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/scotland/22888581) about Hearts plight (among other things)

"Decisions have been made and those that have made the decisions are accountable for where they are."

Col2
13-06-2013, 04:33 PM
The Tache gets in on the act.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/hearts-chief-david-southern-jambos-1950580

"Rod Petrie, the chairman of Hearts' city rivals Hibernian, admitted the situation at Tynecastle was worrying.

He said: "It's a concern for everybody connected to the club that there is such uncertainty at this time. The situation is one where decisions have been made and those that made the decisions are accountable for where they are.

"Obviously, as a league, we want to make sure that all the clubs eligible to participate do participate in the league."

Superb. So on other words, you spent the cash you didn't have so ou pay the consequences and by the way we only want teams in the league that can fulfil fixtures!!

Thanks Sir Rod.

grunt
13-06-2013, 04:41 PM
Oor Rod asked (http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/scotland/22888581) about Hearts plight (among other things)
"Decisions have been made and those that have made the decisions are accountable for where they are."Is it just me, or is Rod struggling to keep the grin from splitting his face?

JeMeSouviens
13-06-2013, 04:44 PM
The situation is one where decisions have been made and those that made the decisions are accountable for where they are.

:top marks

He might also have added that those who jumped up and down crowing about how those decisions made them so super unbelievably massive and dismissed anyone who thought they might be slightly unwise decisions as bitter, jealous and deluded also bear some responsibility and deserve (and will receive) absolutely **** all sympathy from anyone.

:lolyam:

'Mon the Hibs
13-06-2013, 04:45 PM

"Decisions have been made and those that have made the decisions are accountable for where they are."

He looks like he can't hold back the laughter :greengrin

Leishy1995
13-06-2013, 04:52 PM
Is it just me, or is Rod struggling to keep the grin from splitting his face?

Noticed

Viva_Palmeiras
13-06-2013, 04:56 PM
He looks like he can't hold back the laughter :greengrin

Ché Petrie - bow to the wisdom of the Tache ;)

Keith_M
13-06-2013, 05:02 PM

:agree:

jacomo
13-06-2013, 05:07 PM

Was about to post the same thing.

Love how he said he hadn't seen the Hearts announcement putting their players up for sale - you can bet he had. He had probably been laughing his head off and had to compose himself before walking outside.

Teapot
13-06-2013, 05:12 PM

Love how he said he hadn't seen the Hearts announcement putting their players up for sale - you can bet he had. He had probably been laughing his head off and had to compose himself before walking outside.

He is brilliant at wording statements that sound professional but have an underlying GIRFUY.

greengnome
13-06-2013, 05:26 PM
Noticed

Noticed.... But being HIBS CLASS... He hid it well.... !!!! :greengrin :flag::flag::flag::thumbsup:

pedroorange1875
13-06-2013, 05:29 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/scotland/22888581

Concerned a bit about developments :wink:

Nearly stopped smiling at one point :not worth

...WentToMowAnSPL
13-06-2013, 05:32 PM

Oh sorry you said walking ....

...WentToMowAnSPL
13-06-2013, 05:33 PM
He is brilliant at wording statements that sound professional but have an underlying GIRFUY.

Pleasing !

3pm
13-06-2013, 05:37 PM
Good stuff from 'straight bat' Rod.

TAHibby
13-06-2013, 05:41 PM
Can barely contain himself from laughing :faf:

Simkin911
13-06-2013, 06:28 PM

Ché Petrie - bow to the wisdom of the Tache ;)

Sorry if I missed it, are these for sale somewhere?!!

Viva_Palmeiras
13-06-2013, 06:45 PM
Sorry if I missed it, are these for sale somewhere?!!

I said on a thread I was waiting for the Ché Petrie tshirt to come out NeilMartinRocks (iirc) took up the suggestion and came up trumps very pleased with the quality. I got mine before the cup final.

Franck Stanton
13-06-2013, 06:47 PM
"As regards the club itself, we can only express our deepest condolences to its supporters, who have been lied to for so many years.
"It had to happen sooner or later. They have lived beyond law and all morals, and should now be declared beyond the pale."

Vladimir Romanov 21st June 2012 (on the demise of Rangers)

As I read the post I was hoping it would be signed by Rod Petrie talking about the puddle-drinkers, still, he could always cut + paste it for future use.

CropleyWasGod
13-06-2013, 06:51 PM
As I read the post I was hoping it would be signed by Rod Petrie talking about the puddle-drinkers, still, he could always cut + paste it for future use.

Rod virtually says it here:-

Lang Toun Hibs
13-06-2013, 06:51 PM

Is it possible he hadn't seen the announcement and actually expected something more definite and final, hence the comment about clubs that are able to participate?

Bishop Hibee
13-06-2013, 06:55 PM
Rod virtually says it here:-

Brilliant! Looks like he's about to burst out laughing when asked about Hertz plight.

The race to raise £500,000 is on. Ovens at the ready :trumpet::fenlon

mca
13-06-2013, 06:59 PM

NO Wonder the guy is Slighly Happy...

First of all he will have accounted for the loss of Income if they fold... Thats got to Hurt btw.... !!!!
And secondly - for all the crap he got from us about no splashing the cash and us not chasing the hoMo dream...

WELL DONE ROD..

In all they years that we were made to feel like a team going nowhere.. with big shiny new stands and training grounds and mediocre Crap Players and the No Winning very often..

I Never doubted you for about anymore than 5 years... Proved me wrong ya big lovely brainy tashy hero that ye are.. :cb

We wanted him out - STF said that he wished he had a team of Rod`s or something like that .. All Hail King Rod.... :not worth

greengnome
13-06-2013, 06:59 PM
Brilliant! Looks like he's about to burst out laughing when asked about Hertz plight.

As has been raised on another post..... Wit aboot getting a pay day loan from WONGA??????? I am sure the 3 old geezers on the advert could sort them oot?... :rolleyes:

Cabbage East
13-06-2013, 07:02 PM
Petrie trying not to pish himself :faf:

...WentToMowAnSPL
13-06-2013, 07:14 PM

This ! In Rod we trust

AndyB_70
13-06-2013, 07:34 PM
I want a link to the Rod interview. Where and when was it on?
Oh there it is above.......

Stantons Angel
13-06-2013, 11:28 PM

FranckSuzy
13-06-2013, 11:30 PM

:not worth Sir Rod

JohnStephens91
13-06-2013, 11:33 PM

And he is damn right, I'm very glad we have a sensible board and chairman. Yes they do sometimes make errors, as most people do in their lives, but they have the best interests of the club at heart and always try their best to communicate with and work with the supporters as the Let's Work Together group shows.

WellingtonHibby
13-06-2013, 11:40 PM
Pow! Right in the kisser!

Green Fish
13-06-2013, 11:45 PM
The man speaks the truth. Cannot wait to see reaction to this on Broke back. :greengrin

LeithBoozy
14-06-2013, 12:20 AM
When you think back to the dark days, when Mercer almost killed our club off. It seems impossible how far we have come, 18m? in debt cleared, plus a state of the art stadium. Our own state of the art training centre, all of this did not just happen, for this to happen we needed good people in charge. We were very fortunate, we landed-up with the very best. So Sir Tom, Rod, all the good people in charge and the best fans in the world, take a bow. :flag:

Pete
14-06-2013, 12:23 AM
The man speaks the truth. Cannot wait to see reaction to this on Broke back. :greengrin

I think they would agree to a man with Rod. The Hearts board is responsible!

Part/Time Supporter
14-06-2013, 05:29 AM

Imagine what the Record would have printed if Rod had said what he really thought about them?

I mean, the Record don't really believe that cock and bull in the Hearts statement yesterday about their fans and Rangers' demise being to blame, do they?

:rolleyes:

O'Rourke3
14-06-2013, 06:38 AM
:hijack: When we vote on new emoticions can we put a mustache on the :faf:?

hibsbollah
14-06-2013, 06:48 AM
At no part of that interview did he say anything that could be construed as putting the 'boot in'. Another case of headlines not matching the text of what was said.

Saorsa
14-06-2013, 06:53 AM
At no part of that interview did he say anything that could be construed as putting the 'boot in'. Another case of headlines not matching the text of what was said.:agree: Just said it how it is.

The yams however probably think the man in the moon is tae blame :agree:

down-the-slope
14-06-2013, 07:02 AM
At no part of that interview did he say anything that could be construed as putting the 'boot in'. Another case of headlines not matching the text of what was said.

:agree: facts do spoil a good headline though :rolleyes:

Rod is the consummate politician - getting a definitive response out of him is like herding cats...I should know having tried often enough :greengrin But sometimes saying not a lot other than stating the bleeding obvious (in other words giving no opinion - which he does again in this) is the best way...the facts speak for themselves...no additional comment required.

Its like a teenager bleating at how they are being unfairly treated / being picked on by what is being 'done' to them - the fact being that anything happening to them is the consequence of THEIR choices and actions

Hibs07p
14-06-2013, 07:20 AM
If that's Rods poker face, someone has just went all in against his royal flush.

GGTTH

MurrayfieldHibs
14-06-2013, 07:53 AM
When Mad Vlad was splashing the cash "we owe it to ourselves so it doesn't matter" on players HOMFC couldn't afford Rod and the Hibs board stood firm and continued to invest in the long term future of the club. Lessons had been learned from the disastrous Duff/Gray era.

Now with 20:20 hindsight we can all say well done Rod, good job :thumbsup:

Barman Stanton
14-06-2013, 07:59 AM
On the brokeback thread on this they are talking about Hibs cheating as well. Don't get that. Someone also says we lose more money than them last year. Wtf!? Aye cause we needed a share issue just to survive. They really are a thick bunch. Deserve all that is happening.

Saorsa
14-06-2013, 08:02 AM
On the brokeback thread on this they are talking about Hibs cheating as well. Don't get that. Someone also says we lose more money than them last year. Wtf!? Aye cause we needed a share issue just to survive. They really are a thick bunch. Deserve all that is happening.Wonder if the thread was started by Sandy K, what a ****in' roaster :agree:

http://i44.tinypic.com/30abawz.gif

Moulin Yarns
14-06-2013, 08:04 AM
Neil Doncaster on the other hand........

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/spl-chief-neil-doncaster-attempts-1951865

:greengrin

CropleyWasGod
14-06-2013, 08:04 AM
On the brokeback thread on this they are talking about Hibs cheating as well. Don't get that. Someone also says we lose more money than them last year. Wtf!? Aye cause we needed a share issue just to survive. They really are a thick bunch. Deserve all that is happening.

Depending on how one interprets the accounts, probably not a million miles away TBF.

However, as PTS says elsewhere, cash is king, and the Hearts just don't have it.

Barman Stanton
14-06-2013, 08:05 AM
Wonder if the thread was started by Sandy K, what a ****in' roaster :agree:

Must admit though, he picked a cracking morning to post that. Literally minutes before his club admitted they are Donald Ducked. Hope he is ok, didn't hang around long.

Part/Time Supporter
14-06-2013, 08:17 AM

Facts:

Hearts to 30 June 2012

http://www.scribd.com/doc/140824200/Hearts-Accounts-2011-12

Turnover £8.7M

Operating loss £5M

Gain on players £2M (Wallace + Jonsson)

"Compensation income" £2.9M (Romanov's last subsidy)

Interest paid £1.5M

Net loss £1.6M (bottom line)

Fixed assets £15.7M (the PBS, basically)

Current assets £1.8M

Current liabilities £30.4M (mostly UBIG/Ukio debt)

Long term liabilities £2.7M

Net assets (£15.6M)

Summary: Hearts are spending almost as much on wages as their total income. Heavy potential loss (>£6M) was reduced by selling players and Romanov providing one last subsidy.

Hibs to 31 July 2012 (see the vault forum)

Turnover £6.9M

Operating loss £0.9M

Gain on players £0.1M

Interest paid £0.2M

Net loss £1.0M (bottom line)

Fixed assets £23.8M (ER + EM)

Current assets £1.7M

Current liabilities £5.4M

Long term liabilities £6.7M (mortgages on ER)

Net assets £13.4M

Summary: Hibs lost £1M in a stinking year where they finished 11th in SPL, sold hardly any players and had poor attendance figures. Finances were somewhat shored up by a cup run.

bod
14-06-2013, 08:47 AM

heard on radio Scotland that the headlines are chosen by someone else not the journalist (loose term)

Sergey
14-06-2013, 08:51 AM
heard on radio Scotland that the headlines are chosen by someone else not the journalist (loose term)

Indeed - headlines are invariably written by the editor (or deputy editor) and not the journalist. He simply scribbles together the copy.

Hibernia Na Eir
14-06-2013, 08:56 AM

he certainly wished St Mirren all the best in the Cup Final when he was at St Pats church that day...
Genius!

JohnStephens91
14-06-2013, 11:46 AM
Indeed - headlines are invariably written by the editor (or deputy editor) and not the journalist. He simply scribbles together the copy.

Whenever I have been on work experience at a newspaper the headline box is left blank on the journalists end and is filled in by one of the sub-editors. I remember I wrote a headline once and then the sub-editor came over and told me not to do it as it wasn't my role or any other journalists role.

Bad Martini
14-06-2013, 02:01 PM

Not a problem.

400,000 of them all bake 2 cakes each, sell for 50p a cake and keep the 'spare' money as a down payment for the other £965225699575875632566866355486 they owe.

Simples :cool:

hibsbollah
14-06-2013, 05:39 PM

I'd always assumed that was the case. It doesnt satisactorily explain the disconnect between the headline and the content you get so often, the Daily Record being the worst offender.

On the other hand, maybe Rod Petrie Makes Banal and Obvious Point About Cause and Effect in Relation to Yams isnt snappy enough :hmmm:

Jonnyboy
14-06-2013, 06:54 PM
:agree: Just said it how it is.

The yams however probably think the man in the moon is tae blame :agree:

They can add him to the list

From the BBC site
The club blame their cash shortage on lower than expected season ticket sales, the team's worst league finish in more than 30 years (10th in the SPL), the absence of Rangers from the top tier and increased costs relating to the Main Stand.

It's aye somebody else's fault

judas
14-06-2013, 07:00 PM
Rod. Hibs legend for me.

gillythehibby
14-06-2013, 07:34 PM
Rod Petrie - Hibs Class :greengrin:flag:

Baldy Foghorn
14-06-2013, 07:40 PM
:agree: facts do spoil a good headline though :rolleyes:

Rod is the consummate politician - getting a definitive response out of him is like herding cats...I should know having tried often enough :greengrin But sometimes saying not a lot other than stating the bleeding obvious (in other words giving no opinion - which he does again in this) is the best way...the facts speak for themselves...no additional comment required.

Its like a teenager bleating at how they are being unfairly treated / being picked on by what is being 'done' to them - the fact being that anything happening to them is the consequence of THEIR choices and actions

You have to know how to play RP at his own game, I love pitting my wits against him.....:greengrin

Vini1875
14-06-2013, 08:19 PM

steviehibsleith
14-06-2013, 08:30 PM
Ok its Friday and eyes are blurry but i swear the southern comfort advert just been on and its RP cruisong on the beach with green speedos and a GIRFUY grin

Kaiser1962
15-06-2013, 07:22 AM
For any Yams looking in I would add that, in the Romanov years and following on from Doddies post in the main Yams thread #17802, Hibs have posted profits in that period of £9.7m having completed the stadium and obtained a fully kitted out training centre.

By contrast Hearts have posted losses of £31.5m and received three "debt forgiveness" entries of £18.7m and a rather dubious inter company payment from Kaunas for £3.9m, which I imagine the Liths will be looking at.

Of the seven clubs continuously represented in the SPL from 2001 Hibs are the only club who have brought in more than they have spent (£2.9m)

The others are Aberdeen (-£17.1m); Celtic (-£25.9m); Dundee United (-10.7m); Hearts (-£42.7m); Kilmarnock (-6.3m) and Motherwell went bust in 2004 with debts of around £9m but have traded evenly since then.

When Rangers imploded they had also lost £87.7m. Hearts loss of £42.7m does not inlude the recent inter company transfers of £22.6m.

Facts:

Hearts to 30 June 2012

Net loss £1.6M (bottom line)

Summary: Hearts are spending almost as much on wages as their total income. Heavy potential loss (>£6M) was reduced by selling players and Romanov providing one last subsidy.

Hibs to 31 July 2012 (see the vault forum)

Net loss £1.0M (bottom line)

Summary: Hibs lost £1M in a stinking year where they finished 11th in SPL, sold hardly any players and had poor attendance figures. Finances were somewhat shored up by a cup run.

FranckSuzy
15-06-2013, 09:27 AM

Bishop Hibee
15-06-2013, 10:26 AM

:not worth

Persevere80
15-06-2013, 12:54 PM

Quality, ha ha.

neilmartinrocks
15-06-2013, 01:16 PM
I said on a thread I was waiting for the Ché Petrie tshirt to come out NeilMartinRocks (iirc) took up the suggestion and came up trumps very pleased with the quality. I got mine before the cup final.

Guilty as charged.
heres the image I used.