PDA

View Full Version : Favourite Hibs Game (except cup final wins)

GGTTH07
13-06-2013, 05:40 PM
What's your favourite hibs game, bar cup final wins?

Ill begin with my personal favourite, Hibs 2-0 Herts October 2005. Absolute classic 'you're no unbeatable!'

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=BCH2_AyIZWI

Makaveli
13-06-2013, 06:09 PM
What's your favourite hibs game, bar cup final wins?

Ill begin with my personal favourite, Hibs 2-0 Herts October 2005. Absolute classic 'you're no unbeatable!'

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=BCH2_AyIZWI

:agree: Right up there with 6-2 and 0-3 for me.

I always maintain that Boozy's goal was the moment that killed any chance of Romanov's fantasy coming true.

If they'd beaten us that day and continued Burley's pre-sacking momentum, they could have gone on to challenge Celtic.

But nah. :aok:

lEXO
13-06-2013, 06:11 PM
The Millenium Derby. 0-3 and it should have been much more. Watching they bams sneaking out was hilarious.

Newcastlehibby
13-06-2013, 06:13 PM
5-0 vs Napoli and of course 0-7 at Tynecastle.

Si_17
13-06-2013, 06:27 PM
Unbeatable derby
1-0 at Tynie, Deeko penalty
3-0 at Ibrox in the Cup
3-2 v Celtic when Boruc blundered x2
6-2

weonlywon6-2
13-06-2013, 06:31 PM
4-3 game v celtic back in the 80s.if only all games were like this one

deek
13-06-2013, 06:32 PM
Mine is the 6-2 game, but am I right in thinking that we had a goal disallowed in the first half, which should have counted?

Also the Athens game, atmosphere was electric that night, if only he had knocked it in with his head????

Northernhibee
13-06-2013, 06:36 PM
6-2.

Consider the 4-3 vs Falkirk to be up there too. Never felt as low or elated to be a Hibee in 120 consecutive minutes before.

Hibercelona
13-06-2013, 06:42 PM
The "We are unbeatable" game was quite magic. The "You are defeatable" chants back at them put a right smile on my face as I was right behind the goals in the Famous Five.

bigwheel
13-06-2013, 06:42 PM
the semi final penalty win over Rangers on pens was one of the most satisfying.... a more random one, a sunday night ( i think) win up at Dundee with a Zitelli special may me smile all the way home....

I'm_cabbaged
13-06-2013, 06:48 PM
6-2 without a doubt, but the 2 games against cltic (4-3 and penalties in the same season) cone close. But how can I forget about the Killie game, 3 generations giving it big time to Chelsea dagger :)

bigwheel
13-06-2013, 06:54 PM

Thats the only ever time I've invaded the pitch ...! After the match I may add....great game...

Waxy
13-06-2013, 06:58 PM
the 4-3 win against Celtic in 86 was amazing.
But i'd have to go for Hibs 2 Hearts 1 in 1987.
Kano scored the winner
it was our first win against them in years.
Over 20'000 on a sunny saturday.
The place went nuts at the final whistle,grown men crying n all that.
What an atmosphere.Doubt Easter road can ever be so rocking again.
Anyone else remember this match?

Notahappyhibee
13-06-2013, 06:59 PM
The two quarter finals against Celtic in the eighties I thinks 4v3, 4v4 we win on penalties the year the roof went on the east stand if memory serve me right got beat by Aberdeen in league final and cup semi final also may be the season Albert Kidd became a Hibee .

Notahappyhibee
13-06-2013, 07:02 PM
Also benny Brasil hat trick against the tic in a friendly the same year 6v3 game at park head was abandoned

Miguel
13-06-2013, 07:06 PM
the 4-3 win against Celtic in 86 was amazing.
But i'd have to go for Hibs 2 Hearts 1 in 1987.
Kano scored the winner
it was our first win against them in years.
Over 20'000 on a sunny saturday.
The place went nuts at the final whistle,grown men crying n all that.
What an atmosphere.Doubt Easter road can ever be so rocking again.
Anyone else remember this match?
Remember it well - great day. Also Eddie May's goal in new year derby following year

jodjam
13-06-2013, 07:11 PM
Videoton 0-3 hibs

Even more memorable that the Hungarians were in Uefa cup final the year before. Best game/trip been to by miles

Waxy
13-06-2013, 07:13 PM
Videoton 0-3 hibs

Even more memorable that the Hungarians were in Uefa cup final the year before. Best game/trip been to by milesRemember jumping about the house listening to this on the radio.no one expected 0-3.

andy1875
13-06-2013, 07:14 PM
Defo the 0-3 at the PBS. Was in the players lounge for a bit after the game with my mate. Got a signed programme also from that night. Fine memories!

GGTTH

hibs4thecup1988
13-06-2013, 07:15 PM
The falkirk game for me was awesome. Still have no idea how I managed to drive home that day!!!

Hearts in the cup this year is up there too just for the sheer magic of beating them and seeing my auld man jumping on seats lol.

Baldy Foghorn
13-06-2013, 07:18 PM
Videoton 0-3 hibs

Even more memorable that the Hungarians were in Uefa cup final the year before. Best game/trip been to by miles

Probably same for me, amazing result over there, great trip.......I was 17 and eye opening for me but still makes me feel fuzzy thinking about it

Woody70x2
13-06-2013, 07:46 PM
The falkirk game for me was awesome. Still have no idea how I managed to drive home that day!!!

Hearts in the cup this year is up there too just for the sheer magic of beating them and seeing my auld man jumping on seats lol.

A bit of Ryan Stevenson going on?

007 Mickey Weir
13-06-2013, 07:48 PM
Like most either 0-3 or 6-2.

0-3 for the 'Ssshhhhhh sshhhhh your not very good ' song.

But 6-2. What can you say. Mental.

Jonnyboy
13-06-2013, 08:04 PM
A few I guess

Hibs v Napoli

Hibs v Sporting Lisbon

Millenium Derby

Any time we beat der hun with all the 0-3's in the list :greengrin

Beating Celtic in the League Cup Final and in both Drybrough Cup Finals

Cabbage East
13-06-2013, 08:14 PM
3-1
0-3
6-2
1-0
2-0
0-1
1-2
1-2

:greengrin

weecounty hibby
13-06-2013, 08:20 PM
There are a few but purely for whats happening to the Jamtards. I was thinking today of our first game after the mercer saga. Raith Rovers at Starks Park. Tears in my eyes as Hibs ran out as for a long time that summer we weren't sure we would have a Hibs. Difference between Hibs fighting for our club and them just bending over and taking it from mr romanov for two SC wins

Gmack7
13-06-2013, 08:22 PM
Videoton 0-3 hibs

:greengrinby a mile,and the local eh juice was far to cheap i was steaming for 4 days and only spent £80

hibbycraig
13-06-2013, 08:30 PM
Has to be the 3-2 AEK Athens game at Easter Road, even tho we ended up going out. I was behind the goals in the Famous Five and Luna's header was that close. It was my first European game and i'll never forget it.

fatbloke
13-06-2013, 09:46 PM
Videoton 0-3 hibs

Fabulous night. Still have photos from the hotel after the game as me and my wee bro ended up in same hotel as team. Remember Mickey Weir and Joe T still boogying at 2am in the hotel basement and Kano arguing wi the barman over 20p change. Train journey back to uk was stuff of legend

JohnStephens91
14-06-2013, 02:37 AM
3-2 vs Celtic at Easter Road, the clangers Boruc had that day handed us the win and we played well enough to merit the victory too.

Beating Hearts 2-1 after the semi-final in 2006 with Benji's winner and his celebration.

3-2 against AEK Athens, it was a tremendous night, even if we didn't get through. I was still very young and in the East, everything is still just sinking in from the night. It was glorious to be a part of.

6-2 vs them. It was my first derby, enough said.

Many more that I can't think of just now.

Green Reaper
14-06-2013, 03:46 AM
apart from any game beating them. 2-1 against rangers souness sending off, best 'go home ya huns' ever, mental game, all 22 players got booked for that game if i remember right

Pete
14-06-2013, 04:14 AM
The Falkirk game trumps every one apart from the cup wins.

That was more than a win. We got our pride back.

Permanently!

mikewynne
14-06-2013, 04:27 AM
Yep, for me it's this game (which as a 15 yr old changed me from an occasional attendee to a long term ST holder), the Souness game and 6-2.

jodjam
14-06-2013, 06:36 AM
Fabulous night. Still have photos from the hotel after the game as me and my wee bro ended up in same hotel as team. Remember Mickey Weir and Joe T still boogying at 2am in the hotel basement and Kano arguing wi the barman over 20p change. Train journey back to uk was stuff of legend

I stayed in same hotel. Geebsie was fleeing after a short while in gorams company. I ended up trying to get into town with Graeme Mitchell and Callum Milne. What a right pair they were ;)

aussie_hibee
14-06-2013, 06:59 AM
0-1 at Tynie ending the 22 in a row.

It was the last derby before my parents were dragging me across to the place i now call home. I had told my folks that i wasn't leaving until we had ended that hoodoo. They thought I was joking but I'd already sorted it with my older sister to stay in case.
It was my 1st time at Tynie, my first away game and the first derby i had gone to on my without an adult. I was 14 and i skipped school with some mates to get a ticket. I got mine but they ended up leaving the T.O empty handed (although I can't remember why.) so off i went to my first away game and my first derby without my mum or dad and I was actually on my own. I was petrified getting there on my own and queueing up but then i got inside and felt like i was with 6,000 mates. a few old guys asked me why i was alone and kept and eye out for me. I still remember Hunter rifling it in to the roof of the net and me somehow ending down the front and almost over the fence. A guy beside me jumped the fence going mental and then when Police come to get him, he was right back over and disappeared into the sea of green and white.
I don't know if it was just me but i'm sure "it's magic you know, 1 game in a row" was ringing out. It certainly was in my head...!
I still have the ticket framed in my "Hibs box". An amazing day and after it, it truly felt like they won that game for me.

Treadstone
14-06-2013, 07:08 AM
Brilliant story Aussie.

I remember being unable to watch the last 10 mins because "I had seen it all before" ie late unmerited equaliser. Seem to recall Neil Berry possibly getting one against us before.

Just remember only looking when we had the ball and sitting on those wooden benches when they had it and everyone else was standing. Should have realised it was our day when the Yams had forgotten to rent the cloud that usually pissed on the away support at Swynecastle.

n11tho
15-06-2013, 08:33 AM
my first game if my auld memory serves me right was a friendly against san hose earthquakes can anybody shine any light on players that night etc

Onceinawhile
15-06-2013, 08:37 AM
3-1 at parkhead with goc, Ivan and broonie scoring, as well as Ivan's hat trick game.

The 2-1 vs hearts when goc and deano scored as well.

snooky
15-06-2013, 09:00 AM
A few I guess

Hibs v Napoli

Hibs v Sporting Lisbon

Millenium Derby

Any time we beat der hun with all the 0-3's in the list :greengrin

Beating Celtic in the League Cup Final and in both Drybrough Cup Finals

ditto ditto ditto :greengrin

brydekirk
15-06-2013, 09:22 AM
AEK game, just pips the 6-2 game imo.

wpj
15-06-2013, 11:05 AM
Yep, for me it's this game (which as a 15 yr old changed me from an occasional attendee to a long term ST holder), the Souness game and 6-2.

Best atmosphere I have seen at a game, hostile doesn't come close!! Looking at some of the games posted here from around that time there were a few crackers from that era (and some real dross)

Persevere80
15-06-2013, 01:26 PM
The unbeatable derby was my first so.....

Speedy
15-06-2013, 01:31 PM
3-2 vs Celtic at Easter Road, the clangers Boruc had that day handed us the win and we played well enough to merit the victory too.

Beating Hearts 2-1 after the semi-final in 2006 with Benji's winner and his celebration.

3-2 against AEK Athens, it was a tremendous night, even if we didn't get through. I was still very young and in the East, everything is still just sinking in from the night. It was glorious to be a part of.

6-2 vs them. It was my first derby, enough said.

Many more that I can't think of just now.

Athens then the Celtic game for me too.

I wasn't at the other two.

Hibernia Na Eir
15-06-2013, 01:39 PM
FK Vetra v Hibs

not for the result, but a phenomenal day/weekend in Vilnius!

HUTCHYHIBBY
16-06-2013, 12:29 PM
FK Vetra v Hibs

The bird my bro got involved with over there now stays in Edinburgh and posts regularly on the TAMB!

bigwheel
16-06-2013, 01:08 PM
FK Vetra v Hibs

I hated that game over there ...it was the start of the Mowbray era and I walked out of that ground thinking how miserable a performance that was

Great city and good fun at night though ! :)

BS44
16-06-2013, 01:47 PM
The second leg of the Airdrie play off game. The first half is possibly the lowest I had ever felt at a Hibs game, second half was magic!

Airdrie 2 4 Good Guys (http://thehiblog.files.wordpress.com/2008/08/airdrie220597.jpg)

Then we got relegated the next season. :greengrin

lord bunberry
16-06-2013, 05:16 PM
The derby when goc scored the winner after brebner was sent of was pretty special, also the 2-0 at the pbs when archie got the 2nd in front of the hibs fans was superb

SonOfDavidFrancey
16-06-2013, 06:27 PM
Deleted sorry didn't read title properly

Tom Hart RIP
16-06-2013, 06:57 PM
Naples 5-0
7-0
Gordon Hunter derby
4-2 v Airdrie in playoff
Millennium derby
6-2
Ivan's hat trick

Tom Hart RIP
16-06-2013, 06:57 PM
Ps I forgot about Sporting Lisbon

Jonnyboy
16-06-2013, 09:48 PM
my first game if my auld memory serves me right was a friendly against san hose earthquakes can anybody shine any light on players that night etc

Monday 5 October 1981

Hibs had Robin Rae in goals
Derek Rodier wore No 9 and scored twice
Erich Schaedler scored a belter from thirty yards
We won 3-1

George Best played for the Earthquakes
Dundonian Mike Hewitt played in goals for them
Their scorer was Italian forward Tony Crescitelli

:aok:

Holmesdale Hibs
16-06-2013, 09:53 PM
Sproule hat-trick and the unbeatable derby. They were within a few weeks of each other I think. Good time to be a hibee.

The game vs hearts we won 1-0 when Brebner was (wrongly) sent off was good as well.

Stantons Angel
16-06-2013, 10:21 PM
Mine will always be the Dryburgh Cup Final when we beat Celtic 5-3 aet.
Sheer class football and something special for all the Hibs fans present at Hampden that day.

The 0-7 game at Tynie was a never to be forgotten game!

The Sporting Lisbon game at home was a classic.

That semi final against Falkirk will take some beating in present day times though. I dont know how i didnt have a heart attack that day!

Every game the Hibs are playing in is special to me!

n11tho
23-06-2013, 07:01 PM
[QUOTE=Jonnyboy;3644061]Monday 5 October 1981

Hibs had Robin Rae in goals
Derek Rodier wore No 9 and scored twice
Erich Schaedler scored a belter from thirty yards
We won 3-1

George Best played for the Earthquakes
Dundonian Mike Hewitt played in goals for them
Their scorer was Italian forward Tony Crescitelli

:aok:
thanks very much ,it was my mates dad who took the two of us when we were just young pups:thumbsup:

Boydyhfc
23-06-2013, 07:42 PM
0-3 Cup game against Rangers. Cracking day all round. Will live long in the memory.

0-1 against the ****s at Tynie (Riordan ft Casper). That was pretty special aswell. Bedlam in the away end when he tucked that penalty away.

Miguel
24-06-2013, 12:46 AM
There are really to many to mention, so if I have to pick one it would be 6-2. There are so many reasons, but I'll give just one: it was my oldest son's first derby. He was one month off his sixth birthday. We were in the old stand looking down on the goal Hearts 'defended' in the second-half. When Russell's goal went in, and old guy grabbed my laddie and said: "Remember this son." He's 18 now and although I suspect he can't really remember it from actually being there, he always says that when we're struggling, he thinks about that night. As a post script, at the end of that season, we were at an open day at ER. We were sitting in the dug out and Franck came up the tunnel and autographed my son's 6-2 programme. I'm not ashamed to say I wept...

KWJ
24-06-2013, 01:40 AM
3-0 win at Tynie, can vividly remember that concrete bouncing along with us.

6-2 and the 1-0 Zitelli v Rangers the week before.

Both league cup semi wins v Rangers, magic.

And for a random game that ended in disappointment Hibs 4 Dundee 4 early in the Mowbray days. Riordan scored a wonder volley that was dubiously disallowed for offside, looked good to me. Then we crumbled. Some of the football that day was brilliant and Jackie O let me ramble on Sportscene SPL where I eventually said we played like Brazil for parts of it!

Got ripped for that, we were awesome though. Sure Duffy then said we were like Real Madrid.

Ha.

oramhibee
24-06-2013, 12:04 PM
Any victory against the paedo debt ridden junkies, especially 6-2.
do I have to have been to any of these matches? If not, the 3-0's at Ibrox.