PDA

View Full Version : Current playing squad

Billychaotic182
13-06-2013, 03:50 PM
Looking at the team we have

GK - Williams - Grant

DF - McGivern - McPake - Hanlon - Stevenson - Booth - Donaldson - Forster -Clancy

MF - Craig - Cairney - Robertson - OTJ - Taiwo - Stanton - Horribine - Scott - Harris

FW - Caldwell - Handling - Smith

Thats 22 players but 10 of them are youngsters with just a handful of 1st team games.

What's everyone's thoughts on our current squad?

Jones28
13-06-2013, 03:53 PM
I think we need a full back, a centre back and at least one striker. Other than that it looks promising.

When blobby Williamson was in charge he played the likes of o'connor and Riordan early. Got them in the team and playing regularly when the were still kids. Hopefully this is the case with the next group of youngsters.

Time For Heroes
13-06-2013, 03:54 PM
I'll just it when the transfer windows slams shut, lots still to happen (hopefully) before then.
Otherwise I'm worried.... :D

KuqiKuqiCoo
13-06-2013, 04:26 PM
We need a right back, another winger and atleast 2 strikers..a lot to ask but I still think the team is quite weak. Personally I can't see us bringing in all of the above though. Clancy is ok at right back, but injury prone, need another out and out winger on other side of Harris, and two experienced strikers up front to help accompany the youngsters as they won't get near double figures this season.

StarMan10
13-06-2013, 05:29 PM
A winger should be top of the list along with one proven 20 goal-a-season type striker.

On top of that a right-back and possibly another striker although i'd be wary of stifling the process of Caldwell and Handling. Hopefully at least one of them can nail down a more regular starting place. Big season for them both.

JMac
13-06-2013, 05:38 PM
Think we need a defender and a striker (maybe 2)
other than that i'm happy

DH1875
13-06-2013, 05:54 PM

GK - Williams - Grant

DF - McGivern - McPake - Hanlon - Stevenson - Booth - Donaldson - Forster -Clancy

MF - Craig - Cairney - Robertson - OTJ - Taiwo - Stanton - Horribine - Scott - Harris

Thats 22 players but 10 of them are youngsters with just a handful of 1st team games.

Nowhere near good or strong enough. Early yet though so hopefully we'll see some new faces in. 2 proven strikers are a must.

NorthNorfolkHFC
13-06-2013, 07:15 PM
Yup. Need strikers desperately.

This will be the making of wee Pat as he doesn't have Leigh's goals from nothing to fall back on.

brydekirk
14-06-2013, 06:52 AM
Right winger and a striker, also new right back if we can afford it.

bingo70
14-06-2013, 06:54 AM
Will the uncertainty over what's happening with hearts be affecting our budget for next season?

Baker9
14-06-2013, 07:16 AM
Will the uncertainty over what's happening with hearts be affecting our budget for next season?

Without doubt. Their demise would be a big financial loss for us but Rod will have contingency plans for this happening. In the immediate short term it may affect the manager's budget. If Hearts are no longer here then the whole dynamic of Edinburgh football will begin to change and possibly our home gates will benefit over the next few years. C'mon the Edinburgh Hibs -without doubt the big team.

The Sea-gull
14-06-2013, 10:11 AM

GK - Williams - Grant

22 is a realistic enough number to go with in terms of balancing cost and cover, maybe 23 with an extra GK - take it Murdoch is out of contract?

Trouble is, as you rightly say, a lot of that squad are young and inexperienced. Too many. You can have a few but not that many.

For defence I'd take McGivern, McPake, Hanlon, Stevenson, Forster, Clancy with an experienced centre back and another right back or resign Maybury for cover.

For midfield I'd go with Craig, Cairney, Robertson, OTJ, Taiwo, Harris with Claros (or if not Thomson) resigning and bring in Booth as a wide midfielder option to see how he gets on in the squad. Think he is done at full back. Really hoping Craig can bring a bit of creativity and Harris continues to improve and doesn't suffer second season sydrome. Hopefully Cairney can recapture his first half of last season form then we have four creative options albeit all wide men.

Up front, happy to give Caldwell and Handling a chance to progress but we need to sign two quality and ideally experienced strikers. One at least has to be a "star" man who will be first name on the team sheet and get 20 goals a season.

If we lined up like this, I wouldn't be unhappy:-

Williams

Clancy/New RB - McPake/New CB - Hanlon - McGivern

Claros/Thomson - Taiwo

Harris - OTJ - Craig

New Striker (but Leigh would be ideal!!!!!)

Billychaotic182
14-06-2013, 11:24 AM
Jamie Beaton and Andy Black are two young players who look good too

Sir David Gray
14-06-2013, 08:06 PM
We need another 4 or 5 players to have a side that could realistically look to finish in the top three or four.

A couple of strikers, a midfielder and at least one defender.

hfc rd
15-06-2013, 11:13 AM
2 strikers, a right winger & 1 defender.

brydekirk
15-06-2013, 12:20 PM
Jamie Beaton and Andy Black are two young players who look good too

What position do they play ?

hfc rd
15-06-2013, 01:10 PM
What position do they play ?

Jamie Beaton is a CM. Really good player. His dad, Jason coaches the younger Hearts team. Don't know anything about Andy Black.

brydekirk
15-06-2013, 01:44 PM
Jamie Beaton is a CM. Really good player. His dad, Jason coaches the younger Hearts team. Don't know anything about Andy Black.

Cheers

Nevi_SOL
15-06-2013, 03:36 PM
Andy black is a right back I think. Seen him at the u20's v the tims. Looked a cracking player good on the ball. Always looks for a pass on deck and likes a good run forward

TomoHFC
15-06-2013, 04:04 PM
defo need a striker or we are ****ed

LeighLoyal
15-06-2013, 04:14 PM
2 strikers, a right winger & 1 defender.

Deek and GOC :idea:

Humo
15-06-2013, 04:54 PM
Deek and GOC :idea:

2 good strikers please

Unseen work
15-06-2013, 04:59 PM
2 good strikers please

Think we should go for goodwillie and another experienced player that would help Danny and Ross again. Would hate to see us bring in a young English striker from the prem just for him to progress well while stunting our young players potential.

TRC
15-06-2013, 10:48 PM
Don't know if we could afford him but maybe since he is a wee bit older but DJ Campbell is a player I'd like to see at hibs. has scored goals at a few levels. Just a thought of a player I think we should be after