PDA

View Full Version : Reinstate The Harp At Easter Road Stadium

Hibernian Retro
13-06-2013, 02:00 PM
The history of Hibernian FC is fundamental to future generations and this includes the preservation of the clubs Irish heritage. The Harp was the original crest and was removed and never replaced at Easter Road during a period of rebuilding the stadium. Even though the Harp is represented in the club badge there is strong opinion amongst many Hibernian supporters than the Harp should be rightfully replaced at Easter Road.

On looking into the history of Hibs Scottish cup final record we came across the Hibs curse which we hadn’t heard about before. The Hibs curse has been previously documented in the book by Gerry Docherty & Phil Thomson called 100 Years Of Hibs which was first published in 1974 and charts the history of Hibernian football club between 1875-1975. If you haven’t yourself heard about the Hibs curse the story goes something like this.

A local gypsy woman was seemingly so incensed to hear that when the new stand or old wooden one was being built the Harp which pictured above the club name in the photo was not going to be placed anywhere on the new stand where it had been up until this point. As a result of this change of heart by the club this woman is supposed to have put a curse on the club that as long as the Harp was not on the stand then Hibs would never again win the Scottish Cup.

Ok, it’s maybe just a myth but, as we head towards 112 years without winning the Scottish cup we feel it’s time the Harp was reinstated at Easter Road in some capacity and maybe, just maybe we will get a little bit of luck and end this never-ending quest to bring the Scottish cup back home to Leith.

The Hibernian Retro Team has decided that we will spearhead a campaign to have the Harp reinstated back at Easter Road. We have already run a little petition online which reached 100 signatures within two hours which you can view here. www.change.org/en-GB/petitions/reinstate-the-harp-at-easter-road-stadium (http://www.change.org/en-GB/petitions/reinstate-the-harp-at-easter-road-stadium)

The next step is for us to pull together as many people and resources as possible including any ideas for fund raising events which we see as an integral part of the campaign. We would also welcome any views on where the Harp should be placed on the ground, what it should be made of and how big it should be. We would also very much like to hear from anybody that would be interested in getting involved with us at this early stage. We have already been in touch with a number of media sources about this.

We appreciate that not everybody will agree with our idea to have the Harp reinstated at the stadium.

To contact us please e mail info@hibernianretor.co.uk or contact us through our Facebook page – www.facebook.com/hibernianretro (http://www.facebook.com/hibernianretro) We look forward to hearing from you GGTTH The Hibernian Retro Team

JimBHibees
13-06-2013, 02:13 PM
The history of Hibernian FC is fundamental to future generations and this includes the preservation of the clubs Irish heritage. The Harp was the original crest and was removed and never replaced at Easter Road during a period of rebuilding the stadium. Even though the Harp is represented in the club badge there is strong opinion amongst many Hibernian supporters than the Harp should be rightfully replaced at Easter Road.

On looking into the history of Hibs Scottish cup final record we came across the Hibs curse which we hadn’t heard about before. The Hibs curse has been previously documented in the book by Gerry Docherty & Phil Thomson called 100 Years Of Hibs which was first published in 1974 and charts the history of Hibernian football club between 1875-1975. If you haven’t yourself heard about the Hibs curse the story goes something like this. A local gypsy woman was seemingly so incensed to hear that when the new stand or old wooden one was being built the Harp which pictured above the club name in the photo was not going to be placed anywhere on the new stand where it had been up until this point. As a result of this change of heart by the club this woman is supposed to have put a curse on the club that as long as the Harp was not on the stand then Hibs would never again win the Scottish Cup.

Ok, it’s maybe just a myth but, as we head towards 112 years without winning the Scottish cup we feel it’s time the Harp was reinstated at Easter Road in some capacity and maybe, just maybe we will get a little bit of luck and end this never-ending quest to bring the Scottish cup back home to Leith.

The Hibernian Retro Team has decided that we will spearhead a campaign to have the Harp reinstated back at Easter Road. We have already run a little petition online which reached 100 signatures within two hours which you can view here. www.change.org/en-GB/petitions/reinstate-the-harp-at-easter-road-stadium (http://www.change.org/en-GB/petitions/reinstate-the-harp-at-easter-road-stadium)

The next step is for us to pull together as many people and resources as possible including any ideas for fund raising events which we see as an integral part of the campaign. We would also welcome any views on where the Harp should be placed on the ground, what it should be made of and how big it should be. We would also very much like to hear from anybody that would be interested in getting involved with us at this early stage. We have already been in touch with a number of media sources about this.

To contact us please e mail info@hibernianretor.co.uk or contact us through our Facebook page – www.facebook.com/hibernianretro (http://www.facebook.com/hibernianretro) We look forward to hearing from you GGTTH The Hibernian Retro Team

It already is, it is on our club badge along with all the other important elements of the club - Leith, Edinburgh etc

linlithgowhibbie
13-06-2013, 02:16 PM

On looking into the history of Hibs Scottish cup final record we came across the Hibs curse which we hadn’t heard about before. The Hibs curse has been previously documented in the book by Gerry Docherty & Phil Thomson called 100 Years Of Hibs which was first published in 1974 and charts the history of Hibernian football club between 1875-1975. If you haven’t yourself heard about the Hibs curse the story goes something like this. A local gypsy woman was seemingly so incensed to hear that when the new stand or old wooden one was being built the Harp which pictured above the club name in the photo was not going to be placed anywhere on the new stand where it had been up until this point. As a result of this change of heart by the club this woman is supposed to have put a curse on the club that as long as the Harp was not on the stand then Hibs would never again win the Scottish Cup.

No thanks,

Hibernian Retro
13-06-2013, 02:17 PM
It already is, it is on our club badge along with all the other important elements of the club - Leith, Edinburgh etc

We fully acknowledge that the Harp is represented within the club badge but, the Harp was also on the stadium and it would be fitting to have it replaced not only in our opinion, but by many supporters of Hibernian FC.

GGTTH

The Hibernian Retro Team

BSEJVT
13-06-2013, 02:35 PM
We fully acknowledge that the Harp is represented within the club badge but, the Harp was also on the stadium and it would be fitting to have it replaced.

GGTTH

The Hibernian Retro Team

Sorry not for me either

I have read extensively of Hibs history and if there is one thing the club has always done it is to evolve.

I am glad that the harp appears on our badge and does so for good reason but dont see any reason for it to appear anywhere else.

SunshineOnLeith
13-06-2013, 02:38 PM
No thanks.

VivaHiberña
13-06-2013, 02:44 PM
Sorry not for me either

I have read extensively of Hibs history and if there is one thing the club has always done it is to evolve.

I am glad that the harp appears on our badge and does so for good reason but dont see any reason for it to appear anywhere else.

:agree:

Spot on. The harp has a place, but in the context of the rest of Hibs' history ie. Leith and Edinburgh.
I would be happy to contribute to fundraisers etc but surely it would be better to have a proper symbol of a modern Hibernian FC: the actual badge?

Hibernian Retro, if I'm not mistaken there is early talk of the HHT/ St Pat's branch going somewhere with this, you might want to discuss this with them.

JimBHibees
13-06-2013, 03:07 PM
We fully acknowledge that the Harp is represented within the club badge but, the Harp was also on the stadium and it would be fitting to have it replaced not only in our opinion, but by many supporters of Hibernian FC.

GGTTH

The Hibernian Retro Team

Not for me a massive Hibs badge on the stadium would be good including of course the Harp as part of it but for me the Harp alone would be unnecessary.

Oscar T Grouch
13-06-2013, 03:14 PM
I don't see the point of this, we have Irish roots, we all know this and it is represented in our club badge, there is no need to place it on the stadium too. We have evolved since the early days and we are now totally a Scottish team from Leith, Edinburgh. All this is also represented on the badge.

tbh the curse thing is total BS. If we are going to put anything on the stadium it should be the current badge, which I think is a great symbol for the club and it's history, so sorry, I'm out :greengrin:wink:

Brooster
13-06-2013, 03:18 PM
Non starter for me.

Scouse Hibee
13-06-2013, 03:21 PM
Lets get the modern day badge displayed on the stadium, forwards not backwards is the way for Hibernian FC.

Niffy
13-06-2013, 03:27 PM
No. Like it's been said already... forwards.

So what if it was in the badge before... we had a bottle top before !

HUTCHYHIBBY
13-06-2013, 03:27 PM
Lets get the modern day badge displayed on the stadium, forwards not backwards is the way for Hibernian FC.

I concur! :agree:

WhileTheChief..
13-06-2013, 03:30 PM
Nuns and jerseys!

MyJo
13-06-2013, 03:33 PM
Instea of just the harp why not have the the the individual images from the badge displayed.

So right along the back of the east stand there can be a picture of the harp, a picture of the castle from the badge and a picture of the ship from the badge.

Gets the harp up there without it being controversial and keeps it modern and relevant to hibs with all three elements of our heritage, Ireland, Leith and Edinburgh represented

adhibs
13-06-2013, 03:39 PM
Signed this a couple weeks ago i think. Would support the current badge as well though

Alex Trager
13-06-2013, 03:44 PM
Why not get all three on the east south and north, all three being the harp castle and ship?

biggie1875
13-06-2013, 03:49 PM

On looking into the history of Hibs Scottish cup final record we came across the Hibs curse which we hadn’t heard about before. The Hibs curse has been previously documented in the book by Gerry Docherty & Phil Thomson called 100 Years Of Hibs which was first published in 1974 and charts the history of Hibernian football club between 1875-1975. If you haven’t yourself heard about the Hibs curse the story goes something like this.

A local gypsy woman was seemingly so incensed to hear that when the new stand or old wooden one was being built the Harp which pictured above the club name in the photo was not going to be placed anywhere on the new stand where it had been up until this point. As a result of this change of heart by the club this woman is supposed to have put a curse on the club that as long as the Harp was not on the stand then Hibs would never again win the Scottish Cup.

We appreciate that not everybody will agree with our idea to have the Harp reinstated at the stadium.

Could we not just have a part of our badge on each stand ? Harp on the east ship on ff and castle on south then full badge on main stand , keep everyone happy

Jones28
13-06-2013, 03:50 PM
I always imagined massive harps, ships and castles all around the stadium. Big stainless steel ones. They would look class IMO.

I think Easter road definitely needs a bit more personalised. Instead of big adverts on the side of the ff stand they could have a big steel castle, or a ship.

Dashing Bob S
13-06-2013, 03:51 PM
Why not get all three on the east south and north, all three being the harp castle and ship?

I think it would be a great idea to have a big golden Harp, Castle and Ship on each of the three home stands, to give them some strong identity.

We should also put a massive golden ***** or vulva on the away (south) stand.

HUTCHYHIBBY
13-06-2013, 03:57 PM

What have boring Swedish cars got to do with football? :wink:

MHL1982
13-06-2013, 04:03 PM
I have to say a big sign with Hibernian Football Club and the badge (which includes the harp) sounds better to me. Like at Aston Villa.

Although this choice is nothing about going backwards or anything as Hibs are an Irish founded club with Irish roots (even today). A history I a very proud of as someone who was Edinburgh born but with Irish roots. But I do believe the above would look better. :thumbsup:

Greendub
13-06-2013, 04:23 PM
I'm all for the other suggestions , each symbol on a stand, although I would like the badge on the FF.

Mainly because that's the stand people will see when they go past

mutley
13-06-2013, 05:29 PM
I'm all for the other suggestions , each symbol on a stand, although I would like the badge on the FF.

Mainly because that's the stand people will see when they go past

I would say that would be the best idea in my view, rather than calling the stands east/south/west, we could have Harp/Castle/Ship stand with a large full badge on the FF .

Maybe that sounds a bit tacky but at least a large club crest on the FF for all to see.

Hero76
13-06-2013, 05:53 PM
Anything to sell a few 3 quid tshirts :cb

Vini1875
13-06-2013, 06:00 PM
I would like to see the harp on the stadium.

One Day
13-06-2013, 06:08 PM

So would I

davym7062
13-06-2013, 06:15 PM

this

Waxy
13-06-2013, 06:40 PM
I'd like to see the harp above the entrance to the west stand.
With a ship somewhere to the left(perhaps a good few yards)
And the castle to the right.

This would satisfy us who want the harp.
And also everyone else as it's all the objects within our badge.

We might win the cup as soon as it's up.

Eyrie
13-06-2013, 06:50 PM
The club badge is the appropriate image to display. It includes all of our heritage which means that those wanting the harp reinstated will see that happen.

Jonnyboy
13-06-2013, 06:53 PM

GGTTH

The Hibernian Retro Team

Can you quantify how many?

Wilson
13-06-2013, 07:09 PM
I feel that this matter is trivial. If there is any money being raised surely it would be better invested in Pat's fighting fund?

marinello59
13-06-2013, 07:31 PM
I know lots of people who like ships..... They are probably demanding more of them on each stand. I haven't asked them but I am certain they feel very strongly about this.

mutley
13-06-2013, 07:44 PM
I know lots of people who like ships..... They are probably demanding more of them on each stand. I haven't asked them but I am certain they feel very strongly about this.

....... And what about people who really like castles?

Sorry , immature I know!

Islington Hibs
13-06-2013, 08:10 PM
we represent all Edinburgh not just a section. It is already on our badge and well represented but lets be all Edinburgh's team.

Drem
13-06-2013, 08:15 PM
Same reply as last time.
Club badge on entrance above the main stand.
Why go over this again.
Its only been a couple of months since it was last discussed.
Just leave it.

blackpoolhibs
13-06-2013, 08:16 PM
I think we should have our badge on each stand, a giant badges to show everyone just who plays at this beautiful stadium.

The harp in the badge is just fine for me.

gillythehibby
13-06-2013, 08:16 PM
Don't understand some of the negative replys. Some crap about castles and ships. Castles and ships have nothing to do with Hibs original and true crest. The harp should be re-instated end of. Just because harry swan or whoever decided to do away with it, doesn't make it right. THe Harp has real connection with the name HIbernian. It's not about "moving forward" as someone put it. It's about our heritage and identity. It should be visible at the stadium.

.Sean.
13-06-2013, 08:18 PM
Not for me.

Badge that represents the Irish origins, the city of Edinburgh and Leith yes but a badge that only represents the Irish link, no thanks.

blackpoolhibs
13-06-2013, 08:19 PM
Don't understand some of the negative replys. Some crap about castles and ships. Castles and ships have nothing to do with Hibs original and true crest. The harp should be re-instated end of. Just because harry swan or whoever decided to do away with it, doesn't make it right. THe Harp has real connection with the name HIbernian. It's not about "moving forward" as someone put it. It's about our heritage and identity. It should be visible at the stadium.

Unlike some, the club have evolved.

Kato
13-06-2013, 08:19 PM

You hitted the nail on the head.

The 'myth' is a loady rubbish btw. Me and a pal made one up about Nuns washing the strips for the club and when told the club no longer wanted their services one old Nun placed a "curse" on the club. We spread it around for a giggle and sure enough it still comes back around every now and then. Superstitious waffle. (But get the new badge complete with Harp up on the stand just in case.)

weecounty hibby
13-06-2013, 08:26 PM
The stadium does need some personalisation. I like the idea of a large badge on each stand or one of a harp, castle and ship on each one of the stands

Cabbage East
13-06-2013, 08:31 PM
Bring the harp back.

Having said that, the idea above is a topper. Harp on the east, ship on the FF, Castle on the West and the full crest, massive on the South :greengrin

Brizo
13-06-2013, 08:31 PM
I think the club got it right when they reintroduced the harp as part of a badge incorporating all the elements which have made the club what it is. We as a club have come a long way from certain 70s and 80s boards who in my opinion tried to sweep our origins under the carpet. Theres now a genuine respect and acknowledgment for those origins from club and from most fans without it smothering the present.

If theres to be any signage on the stadium it should be the official current club crest and I say that as someone who can trace their family Hibs connections right back to 1875.

Talk of curses is a lot of old pony and you could have covered the stadium in harp wallpaper and we still wouldnt have won the Cup last two years.

Would be keen to see a small harp on the back of the strip. bit like the Liverpool emblem on the back of theirs, maybe in two years time for 140 years but perfectly happy with our current inclusive crest.

Islington Hibs
13-06-2013, 08:39 PM
Harry Swan removed the harp in circa 1930. Made us a team for all Edinburgh . not a few. Look what happened we within 20 years became the biggest club in Edinburgh and I still think we are today!! Let's not just appeal to a smallish section of the City.

Cabbage East
13-06-2013, 08:44 PM
Harry Swan removed the harp in circa 1930. Made us a team for all Edinburgh . not a few. Look what happened we within 20 years became the biggest club in Edinburgh and I still think we are today!! Let's not just appeal to a smallish section of the City.

I don't think there's much danger of that pal.

Brizo
13-06-2013, 08:52 PM

You are wrong. If you know your history :wink:

He was elected chairman in the mid 1930s and the harp remained on the stadium walls until the mid 1950s well into the Famous Five era.

Interestingly while the harp remained on the stadium walls until the mid 1950s it had ceased to be used by the club from about 1946 onwards. The crest which the club used from then onwards was the Embra coat of arms amended to include a football and the title Edinburgh Hibernian FC. This is the crest which appeared on one set of FF league winners medals, Coronation Cup Final programme,club blazers and official correspondence. The harp remained on the stadium wall until removed in renovation work , more as a historical footnote than an active crest.

While Harry Swan didnt take down the harp its also true to say his board stopped using it in an official capacity after the end of WW2

Kato
13-06-2013, 08:55 PM

Early 50's mate, you're 20 years out. Harry Swan was nowhere near Hibs in 1930, except as a supporter.

Alex Trager
13-06-2013, 09:17 PM
I think it would be a great idea to have a big golden Harp, Castle and Ship on each of the three home stands, to give them some strong identity.

Yeah I suppose. I thought we already had the full badge on the west hence why I mentioned the others. Thought the south would be contro though.

capitals_finest
13-06-2013, 09:24 PM
Not for me.

It is good to remember our history but as others have said we have evolved. I do not see my club as an Irish club playing in Edinburgh... We are an Edinburgh club with Irish beginnings loved in Leith. Our crest symbolisies this perfectly with the Castle in the middle and the harp and ship in the background.

Eyrie
13-06-2013, 09:35 PM

So should we ditch the current crest for a simple harp again and deny our Leith and Edinburgh heritage and identity?

Pat 0-7
13-06-2013, 09:48 PM
Not for me.

It is good to remember our history but as others have said we have evolved. I do not see my club as an Irish club playing in Edinburgh... We are an Edinburgh club with Irish beginnings loved in Leith. Our crest symbolisies this perfectly with the Castle in the middle and the harp and ship in the background.

This. :agree:

From someone with Irish roots, lets leave the harp as one part of our heritage. Lets look forward........

discman
13-06-2013, 09:58 PM
The club badge is the appropriate image to display. It includes all of our heritage which means that those wanting the harp reinstated will see that happen.

This :aok:

NAE NOOKIE
13-06-2013, 10:42 PM
No from me too.

The current badge is perfect for Hibs, incorporating as it does all of the elements relating to the clubs history and location.

Would love to see a big club badge on the side of the FF though.

Anyway: That badge represents me too.

Irish roots

Born in Edinburgh

Lived in Leith

Oh .... and I love castles.

:greengrin

erin go bragh
13-06-2013, 10:46 PM
Instea of just the harp why not have the the the individual images from the badge displayed.

So right along the back of the east stand there can be a picture of the harp, a picture of the castle from the badge and a picture of the ship from the badge.

Gets the harp up there without it being controversial and keeps it modern and relevant to hibs with all three elements of our heritage, Ireland, Leith and Edinburgh represented

This , east looks bare when empty !

Ggtth

Miguel
13-06-2013, 10:48 PM
Hibernians were founded by the Catholic Young Men's Society attached to St Patrick's Roman Catholic Church (the Harp); Hibernian were reborn thanks to the Farmers and the community of Leith (the ship); Hibs grew to be a club for all of the people of Edinburgh (the castle); and for all who love the club, regardless of creed, colour and political affiliation. It's all there in the crest. United.

FranckSuzy
13-06-2013, 11:01 PM
What would happen if the harp was re-introduced on the front of the main stand and we still didn't win the bleeping cup? :confused: :greengrin

California-Hibs
13-06-2013, 11:15 PM
I'd love to see the harp brought back and a massive one to be placed on the middle of the East facing the pitch. The idea of a ship/castle/Hibs crest on the other stands is a great idea and image too.

Definetly feel we should bring the harp back though to at least be placed somewhere on the stadium.

Hibs07p
14-06-2013, 07:48 AM
I think the only way we might see a single Harp at ER is if get some form of sponsorship from Guinness, and even then it would be attached to a massive black pint glass, with a white head on it.
GGTTH

heretoday
14-06-2013, 07:55 AM
Badges, flags, symbols, tattoos, heritage, emblems.....either we are all suffering a massive crisis of identity or it's the silly season. I vote the latter.

The Harp Awakes
14-06-2013, 09:30 AM

Shouldn't have been removed in the first place:flag:

silverhibee
14-06-2013, 11:53 AM
http://www.n-e-sign4u.com/product_images/k/975/Hibernian_-_mediumgreen__77627_zoom.jpg

This should be on the main stand.

Simple really.

JimBHibees
14-06-2013, 12:00 PM
http://www.n-e-sign4u.com/product_images/k/975/Hibernian_-_mediumgreen__77627_zoom.jpg

Simple really.

Totally agree, it is simple really. The club badge is a magnificent representation of all that Hibs have been and are about today and in the future. We are an inclusive club IMO and that should be represented in whatever emblem represents the club in the present day.

neilmartinrocks
14-06-2013, 12:00 PM
is this the one that was removed?

Scouse Hibee
14-06-2013, 12:07 PM
Totally agree, it is simple really. The club badge is a magnificent representation of all that Hibs have been and are about today and in the future. We are an inclusive club IMO and that should be represented in whatever emblem represents the club in the present day.

:agree: Sums it up perfectly, the badge unites everything no need for separate representations.

Ross4356
14-06-2013, 12:35 PM
:agree: Sums it up perfectly, the badge unites everything no need for separate representations.

A wee poll will settle this silly idea once and for all

Hibernian Retro
17-06-2013, 07:32 AM
Thanks for all the comments.

GGTTH

The Hibernian Retro Team

Golden Bear
17-06-2013, 07:42 AM

Simple really.

United we stand. The present badge encompasses absolutely everything that is relevant to our proud Club and would be a fitting addition to the main stand.

blackpoolhibs
17-06-2013, 11:39 AM
What would happen if the harp was re-introduced on the front of the main stand and we still didn't win the bleeping cup? :confused: :greengrin

Don't be daft, there's no reason why we cant win it this season. :wink:

neilmartinrocks
17-06-2013, 11:46 AM
A wee poll will settle this silly idea once and for all

are we getting a poll?

FranckSuzy
17-06-2013, 11:47 AM
Don't be daft, there's no reason why we cant win it this season. :wink:

Aye, sorry :greengrin New Hearts select will beat Celtc in the semi and we'll win 9-8 AET v Buckie Thistle :wink:

Ross4356
17-06-2013, 12:28 PM
are we getting a poll?

I have no idea how to do it

heretoday
17-06-2013, 12:45 PM
No Harps please. We're (mainly) Scottish!

neilmartinrocks
17-06-2013, 01:00 PM
No Harps please. We're (mainly) Scottish!

Scottish chieftains and nobles prized the harp as a genteel instrument especialy the Macleods and macdonalds.
It's a celt/gael thing. As much scottish as Irish imo.

Peevemor
17-06-2013, 01:14 PM
Scottish chieftains and nobles prized the harp as a genteel instrument especialy the Macleods and macdonalds.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cl%C3%A0rsach

Though our original harp crest, as with our name, is undoubtedly a signal of Irishness.

neilmartinrocks
17-06-2013, 01:19 PM
[QUOTE=Peevemor;3644465]:agree:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cl%C3%A0rsach

Though our original harp crest, as with our name, is undoubtedly a signal of Irishnes

Point conceded although I have worn a small silver gaellic harp round my neck since I was 19 and am about as Irish as a loch leven trout.:greengrin

Scouse Hibee
17-06-2013, 01:24 PM
I have Irish ancestry hence the Irish surname but I have never wore a harp around my neck nor do I have one painted on the gable end of my house.

Jack
17-06-2013, 01:50 PM
After 3 pages of discussion I think there's evidence of enough feeling among dotnet that a harp on its own is not going to be backed by the support never mind the club whose permission would be obviously be needed.

I have been asked by friends on the HibeesBounce to make enquiries with the club about branding on the West and have written to them this morning about this.

If the club are open to discussion then I would like to convene a wee team to take this forward. If you are intrested please send me a PM.

This may become a part of the Lets Work Together group who have also touched on the subject while chatting with representatives from the club.

neilmartinrocks
17-06-2013, 02:12 PM
After 3 pages of discussion I think there's evidence of enough feeling among dotnet that a harp on its own is not going to be backed by the support never mind the club whose permission would be obviously be needed.

I have been asked by friends on the HibeesBounce to make enquiries with the club about branding on the West and have written to them this morning about this.

If the club are open to discussion then I would like to convene a wee team to take this forward. If you are intrested please send me a PM.

This may become a part of the Lets Work Together group who have also touched on the subject while chatting with representatives from the club.

Nice one as much as I would like a harp I would prefer the whole crest on the stadium.

heretoday
17-06-2013, 02:15 PM

Yeah ok but why drag it up? It's so pathetic. Emblems and flags etc do not matter. Except to the Old Firm. And we don't want to get mired in the same sort of dung as them surely?

neilmartinrocks
17-06-2013, 02:19 PM
Yeah ok but why drag it up? It's so pathetic. Emblems and flags etc do not matter. Except to the Old Firm. And we don't want to get mired in the same sort of dung as them surely?

So no crest's on the shirt then?

itslegaltender
23-05-2016, 04:22 PM
Putting the Harp back on the stadium worked!!

The Green Goblin
23-05-2016, 04:29 PM
One of my friends is a harp player. I could ask her to bring her harp along and balance it somewhere on a wall or a seat in the stand for a few minutes. It wouldn't be permanent, but, you know.... :aok:

NYHibby
23-05-2016, 04:58 PM
Putting the Harp back on the stadium worked!!

At the risk of drawing out all of our sectarian supporters, the club didn't do what was being suggested earlier in this thread. The OP didn't want the club badge. He wanted just a giant harp to serve as a huge dog whistle.