PDA

View Full Version : Relegation Odds 13/14

Pray4Marc
13-06-2013, 12:06 PM
I am an exchange bookmaker, with todays news of this fire sale and the imminent 15pt deduction. AMAZINGLY.. You can still get 7/2 with Bet Victor and 118Bet on that mob going down. This is tremendous value. There isnt a market on Betfair as you could Lay them off when the sanctions are put in place they will be trading well odds on.

I tried to get cash on in ScotBet shops in Edinburgh yesterday but they where allowing £20 max stake per bet. If anyone fancies them to go down. I would strongly suggest looking online, as there is better value and you can get a decent wager on.

Cheers

Marcus.

scoopyboy
13-06-2013, 12:12 PM
I am an exchange bookmaker, with todays news of this fire sale and the imminent 15pt deduction. AMAZINGLY.. You can still get 7/2 with Bet Victor and 118Bet on that mob going down. This is tremendous value. There isnt a market on Betfair as you could Lay them off when the sanctions are put in place they will be trading well odds on.

I tried to get cash on in ScotBet shops in Edinburgh yesterday but they where allowing £20 max stake per bet. If anyone fancies them to go down. I would strongly suggest looking online, as there is better value and you can get a decent wager on.

Cheers

Marcus.

How would it work if they ceased to exist or were slapped into the 3rd division?

Would the bookies try to wriggle out by saying they werent relegated from the SPL, if they go out then say Morton would step up, ie Hearts weren't in the SPL at all.

Pray4Marc
13-06-2013, 12:26 PM
How would it work if they ceased to exist or were slapped into the 3rd division?

Would the bookies try to wriggle out by saying they werent relegated from the SPL, if they go out then say Morton would step up, ie Hearts weren't in the SPL at all.

When the SPL fixtures come out, if they are in the fixtures they are a part of the SPL for that season (13/14) if they where to be demoted by the SPL that would still be classified as a relegated team. An example could be, backing a horse.. the stalls open and the horse refuses to race, its still deemed a runner. Now is the time to get on.

Marcus

JimBHibees
13-06-2013, 01:56 PM

Bet would be void IMO.

Time For Heroes
13-06-2013, 02:08 PM
Marcus if you bet £20 at 7/2 and you win will you buy a phone so you won't get lost at your next away trip? :D

IanM
13-06-2013, 02:10 PM
Bet would be void IMO.

Agree. I can't see bookies paying out before a ball has been kicked. Relegation from the league surely is just that, not demoted.

You finish bottom or are relegated due to losing a play off you get paid out.

If Hearts start the season then go into administration they will get docked points which will help the cause of them being relegated.

If they go bust, well I'm not too sure but they won't be 'relegated' to division one if they go bust, that I am sure.

If they start in another league before the start of this season and they've been classed as 'relegated' you might get paid out if you bet last season, but not this. But I don't think there's ever going to be a relegation before the start of the season.

Marcus is right about the horses being 'under starter orders' but I can't vision this being the same rules for football.

hibs4thecup1988
14-06-2013, 12:47 AM
They are now 6/4 with BetVictor...

Keep an eye on WilliamHills... They go 5/1 that hearts will finish 2nd... (betvictor go 40/1...) So technically if Hills put up a relegation market without thinking about it then Hearts should be between 16-20/1. :agree:

Pray4Marc
14-06-2013, 10:26 AM

Keep an eye on WilliamHills... They go 5/1 that hearts will finish 2nd... (betvictor go 40/1...) So technically if Hills put up a relegation market without thinking about it then Hearts should be between 16-20/1. :agree:

6/4 is still decent value, but 7/2 was Massive!. Hope people took the 7/2.

_hucks_
14-06-2013, 10:31 AM

They will think about it.

Pray4Marc
17-06-2013, 04:22 PM

If you got the 7/2.. High five.