PDA

View Full Version : Neighbours Sky dish

Loopz
12-06-2013, 08:03 PM
My son has just damaged the receiver on our neighbours Sky dish with his football. Anyone know how much this is going to cost me.

Sylar
12-06-2013, 08:06 PM
Your neighbour's not pleased....

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=2512297

mca
12-06-2013, 08:11 PM
How old is the dish.. you could always tell them that the bits of the dish have rusted away and its hanging at a funny angle and it looks like its going to fall and hit the dug or the kids or your car...??? They will have someone out within 48hrs and if your nice enough then - usually the repair man cany be bothered to fill in a damaged report - just a wear and tear report.. :aok:.. had 2 fixed in the last 3 years.. :wink:

hibs4thecup1988
12-06-2013, 08:17 PM
Your neighbour's not pleased....

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=2512297

:faf:

Btw. Better not be my sky dish :panic:

NUTTY PROFESSOR
12-06-2013, 08:18 PM
My son has just damaged the receiver on our neighbours Sky dish with his football. Anyone know how much this is going to cost me.Hi Hopefully you get on well with the Neighbour, but I just asked she who must be obeyed, who works for sky, and she has given 3 scenarios: 1. If the sky was installed under 12 months ago, or they have had a service call in the last 3 months, it will be covered by warranty as long as they do not say it was their fault/what happened. 2 If the sky was installed over 12 months ago, service call with sky will cost £60 parts and labour, or you can go to /get a price from an independent engineer. sometimes they can be cheaper than £60 depending on damage. Hope this of help to you. Don't you just love being a parent !:aok:

Loopz
12-06-2013, 08:20 PM
Neighbour has already been at the door and my youngest son told us what happened whilst his older brother looked very worried. We have said we will pay for the damage, just not sure how much it will be.

nonshinyfinish
12-06-2013, 08:23 PM
Hibs kids shouldn't be playing hoofball, tell them to keep it on the deck next time.

mca
12-06-2013, 08:25 PM
Neighbour has already been at the door and my youngest son told us what happened whilst his older brother looked very worried. We have said we will pay for the damage, just not sure how much it will be.

Has your neighbour phoned sky yet ??? if Not - ask him not to mention the damage ?? just to say that his sky is no working.. if he tells the switchboard folks it was damaged they will automatically bill him for a new dish !!! :aok:

mca
12-06-2013, 08:29 PM
Hibs kids shouldn't be playing hoofball, tell them to keep it on the deck next time.

To be fair.. the wee laddie shouted Kujabi after he done the free kick to the dish.. :greengrin

TAHibby
12-06-2013, 08:35 PM
If they give a repair price at that point your neighbour should say that they're going to have to cancel their sky subscription then they'll offer to fix it for nothing. Must have done this 3 or 4 times in the past.

S4uzee
12-06-2013, 09:01 PM
To be fair.. the wee laddie shouted Kujabi after he done the free kick to the dish.. :greengrin
But that usually only slowly trickles towards the corner flag

Loopz
12-06-2013, 09:20 PM
This even made my wife laugh for the first time since she answered the door to our neighbour. To be fair to my sons, they were playing with their older Jambo cousin at the time, he is obviously a bad influence.

blaikie
12-06-2013, 09:31 PM
£60 service call I would imagine! Or deny all knowledge and claim it isn't your child!

Booked4Being-Ugly
12-06-2013, 09:43 PM
This even made my wife laugh for the first time since she answered the door to our neighbour. To be fair to my sons, they were playing with their older Jambo cousin at the time, he is obviously a bad influence.You missed the obvious oppertune moment to blame it on the jambo cousin wherein the assumed jambo supporting parent/s could have loaned the money to themselves to recompense the affected viewing household.

hibs4thecup1988
12-06-2013, 10:03 PM
You missed the obvious oppertune moment to blame it on the jambo cousin wherein the assumed jambo supporting parent/s could have loaned the money to themselves to recompense the affected viewing household.

:faf:

Stantons Angel
12-06-2013, 10:19 PM
If your neighbor has accidental damage on their buildings insurance and the cover extends to Ariel and dishes permanently attached to the walls of the building they can claim under their buildings insurance which may just cost you the £50 excess if cover is current?

mca
12-06-2013, 11:05 PM

But that usually only slowly trickles towards the corner flag

... If Kujabi had Half the power of that wee mans foot.. he might have reached the sky dish as well.... :agree:

Sir David Gray
12-06-2013, 11:11 PM
Out of warranty service calls are £65, in warranty (installed within last 12 months) will be free.

If they threaten to cancel because they don't want to pay the £65 then the cancellations department will most likely be able to authorise a service call for about £15.

Don't believe that even the cancellations team have the ability to put through free service calls anymore.

snooky
13-06-2013, 12:02 AM
Has your neighbour phoned sky yet ??? if Not - ask him not to mention the damage ?? just to say that his sky is no working.. if he tells the switchboard folks it was damaged they will automatically bill him for a new dish !!! :aok:

...and also hope that Sky don't read Hibsnet forums :greengrin

Just_Jimmy
13-06-2013, 12:07 AM
Tell them its too bad, get out and do something with their life instead of watching over priced trashy tory TV?

sven nil
13-06-2013, 05:03 AM
My son has just damaged the receiver on our neighbours Sky dish with his football. Anyone know how much this is going to cost me.

whats your son doing playing football and exercising,should he not be on his xbox :wink: