PDA

View Full Version : Michael Whelahan bust fundraising race night

big-mo
12-06-2013, 05:02 PM
As mentioned in another thread, there will be a Race Night in the Four-in-Hand on Saturday 15th June to raise money for the sculpting and casting of the bust of Michael Whelahan the co-founder of Hibernian Football Club.

We have raised about two-thirds of the money needed, so a final push should be enough to see the project completed. It is hoped that the bust will be ready early next season and will be on display next to the one of co-founder Cannon Edward Hannon at the stadium.

The race night will start at 7:30 and it is free entry and there will also be a free buffet laid on. Some of the Hibs former players will be there on the night. In addition if you are the owner of winning horses there are some great prizes including signed shirts and balls.

It should be a great night.

RickyS
12-06-2013, 07:48 PM
As mentioned in another thread, there will be a Race Night in the Four-in-Hand on Saturday 15th June to raise money for the sculpting and casting of the bust of Michael Whelahan the co-founder of Hibernian Football Club.

We have raised about two-thirds of the money needed, so a final push should be enough to see the project completed. It is hoped that the bust will be ready early next season and will be on display next to the one of co-founder Cannon Edward Hannon at the stadium.

The race night will start at 7:30 and it is free entry and there will also be a free buffet laid on. Some of the Hibs former players will be there on the night. In addition if you are the owner of winning horses there are some great prizes including signed shirts and balls.

It should be a great night.

great news guys, i will pass on to as many as i can and do my best to come to the race night.

ggtth

Elephant Stone
12-06-2013, 08:44 PM
Well done to all involved. :aok:

Time For Heroes
13-06-2013, 08:32 AM
Bust Fundraising?
Sounds a bit yamish to me.

HUTCHYHIBBY
16-06-2013, 03:41 PM
How did it go?

big-mo
16-06-2013, 06:35 PM
How did it go?

Unfortunately the turnout on the night was not as good as hoped for, however those that were there enjoyed themselves and a good amount of money was raised. I believe that they are only about £500 short of the total required, the St Paul's branch will be hoping to raise the shortfall. The sculpting of the head is under way and hopefully the casting will be able to take place in the near future.

IanM
17-06-2013, 07:52 AM
Unfortunately the turnout on the night was not as good as hoped for, however those that were there enjoyed themselves and a good amount of money was raised. I believe that they are only about £500 short of the total required, the St Paul's branch will be hoping to raise the shortfall. The sculpting of the head is under way and hopefully the casting will be able to take place in the near future.

Where's the bust being displayed when ready?