PDA

View Full Version : Urgent Hibs Historical Trust missing shirts - recovered

Hibs History
10-06-2013, 11:47 AM
Hibs Trust Stadium Tour – Missing Shirts Appeal

Hi there,

First of all, thank you to everyone who attended Sunday’s stadium tour as part of the Leith Festival.

We have had very positive feedback and the Hibs fans and members of the Leith community came out in record numbers. We had a fantastic time too.

Unfortunately, it was not all good news.

For those that were unable to attend yesterday’s event, to enhance part of our display and tour in the home dressing room, we had a number of match worn Hibernian shirts from years gone by that had been donated by former players and fellow fans.

We felt that this would bring the experience of the home dressing room to life and also allow for some great photo opportunities.

However, on inspection while closing the stadium, we realised that 2 shirt were removed by one (or more) of our visitors.

This is an appeal for their safe return.

We understand that everyone wishes to own a part of Hibernian history but this is not the correct way to begin your collection. We hope that this was simply a mis-guided moment of weakness that is now deeply regretted.

Actions like this can also put future events such as yesterday’s tour under threat as we cannot justify the loss of our items against public events to promote the work of the trust and the history of Hibernian.

To hopefully correct this situation, we are undertaking an amnesty period.

We ask that the 2 shirt be returned to the West Stand reception or for any information as to their whereabouts be made known and no further questions will be asked.

Thank you for your attention to this matter

GGTTH

Coco Bryce
10-06-2013, 11:49 AM
That's disgusting. Always someone has to spoil it :grr::fuming::take that

Hero76
10-06-2013, 11:49 AM
Dirty thieves, these ***** deserve a thrashing.

Spike Mandela
10-06-2013, 11:51 AM
Jesus wept!:tsk tsk::brickwall

Since90+2
10-06-2013, 11:52 AM
Out of order whoever has done that.

WellingtonHibby
10-06-2013, 11:52 AM
Thats an absolute disgrace. Shameful stuff. Not hibs class.

Time For Heroes
10-06-2013, 11:56 AM
Honestly can't believe that!
Hopefully the person(s) responsible own up and the property is returned sharpish.
Imagine loaning something for fellow Hibs fans to appreciate and some moron decides to pocket it, seriously what is wrong with society these days. What happened to working hard and earning something?
I'm glad the vast majority of people had a great day and didn't pocket anything, just a real shame that everyone couldn't conduct themselves properly.
Rant over.

wazoo1875
10-06-2013, 12:09 PM
I was in a party not long after 1 oclock and our guide had noticed that one of the poppy jerseys was not on its hanger. At the time he thought it had maybe been moved or whatever but if it's now 2 missing then that is pretty poor on someones part. I really enjoyed yesterday and you can see how much work HHT put into showing off some fine pieces of the past. I hope this doesn't jeapordise future events. Keep up the good work guys and FFS someone get the shirts back!

McPhisto2
10-06-2013, 12:30 PM

Hi there,

First of all, thank you to everyone who attended Sunday’s stadium tour as part of the Leith Festival.

We have had very positive feedback and the Hibs fans and members of the Leith community came out in record numbers. We had a fantastic time too.

For those that were unable to attend yesterday’s event, to enhance part of our display and tour in the home dressing room, we had a number of match worn Hibernian shirts from years gone by that had been donated by former players and fellow fans.

We felt that this would bring the experience of the home dressing room to life and also allow for some great photo opportunities.

However, on inspection while closing the stadium, we realised that 2 shirt were removed by one (or more) of our visitors.

We understand that everyone wishes to own a part of Hibernian history but this is not the correct way to begin your collection. We hope that this was simply a mis-guided moment of weakness that is now deeply regretted.

Actions like this can also put future events such as yesterday’s tour under threat as we cannot justify the loss of our items against public events to promote the work of the trust and the history of Hibernian.

We ask that the 2 shirt be returned to the West Stand reception or for any information as to their whereabouts be made known and no further questions will be asked.

GGTTH

Why is it always one that spoils it for the masses. If you're on here (the person responsible) then do the decent and give it back! It was so obvious that yesterday what a tough day for the HHT guys but they did a fantastic job! Society makes me despair at times.........

hibeeleicester
10-06-2013, 12:37 PM
Is there no CCTV at any point round the tour, what time was the last time all shirts were seen together!!

Lets catch these twats!!

No room for that here, not hibs class.

banarc7062
10-06-2013, 12:53 PM
I was in a party not long after 1 oclock and our guide had noticed that one of the poppy jerseys was not on its hanger. At the time he thought it had maybe been moved or whatever but if it's now 2 missing then that is pretty poor on someones part. I really enjoyed yesterday and you can see how much work HHT put into showing off some fine pieces of the past. I hope this doesn't jeapordise future events. Keep up the good work guys and FFS someone get the shirts back!

I was also with the group when the guide noticed the jerseys had gone missing after he had made specific reference to Mixu's old shirt from the 6-2 game. Surely any supporter calling themselves a Hibs supporter will be totally ashamed of themselves. Hope he or they see sense and do the correct thing.:flag:

Coco Bryce
10-06-2013, 01:24 PM
Think our tour was the very first one, now I think of it, there was a couple of shady looking lads in our group who seemed to hang about in the dressing rooms when we left. Don't think I would recognise them again though.

HIBERNIAN-0762
10-06-2013, 01:36 PM
Wtf?

Hibernia Na Eir
10-06-2013, 01:55 PM
i was on tour yesterday and saw teenage laddies having good look at these shirts (front and back) whilst everyine else was looking in changing rooms etc. I cant say i saw them pinch them though. But highlights that others would have done the same, given the large numbers on each tour.

Toyal rodents whoever stole them :agree:

Disgrace!!!

Persevere80
10-06-2013, 01:58 PM
Just checked the photo's and a video of the home dressing room on my phone. We were in there at 14.48 and there are 2 hangers so they went before then. Not much help I know, but who ever done this is not hibs class.

iHIBS
10-06-2013, 02:03 PM
I've got photos of my daughter taken with the tops at half one and there is a couple of empty hangers then, so it must have been early doors as I think we were the second group to go into the home changing room!!!

sahib
10-06-2013, 02:22 PM
I've got photos of my daughter taken with the tops at half one and there is a couple of empty hangers then, so it must have been early doors as I think we were the second group to go into the home changing room!!!

Anyone in the first group got anything to say?

Thecat23
10-06-2013, 02:22 PM
I was there at about 1:30 I didn't notice though if any shirts were taken.

For anyone who would steal from Hibs this is the lowest of the low. It's like stealing from family! I hope if caught they are banned for life the smelly tramps. I have no sympathy for anyone who steals from others. In fact even if they owned up I'd still ban them. Once a thief always a thief.

Coco Bryce
10-06-2013, 02:23 PM

As I thought, I also took pictures of the strips will need to check mine later. As they obviously got nicked on our tour :tsk tsk:

Pat 0-7
10-06-2013, 02:36 PM
:fuming:

Well out of order. Our guide mentioned one being missing - next to Ian Murrays in the corner opposite the door - but this was about 3:15 so the other one must have been gone then also.

Not Hibs class. :no way:

Andy74
10-06-2013, 02:45 PM
As I thought, I also took pictures of the strips will need to check mine later. As they obviously got nicked on our tour :tsk tsk:

Right, let's get the pics up of tour one and we will ask certain posters to point out the foreigners. Job done.

Kris1875
10-06-2013, 02:47 PM
On my tour the boy did mention one of the strips where missing but was hopeful they where elsewhere , That was about 1.30 - 1.45 .

Me the missus and the bairn had a great time and for one or more thief's to do that is just disgusting , these guys are trying to do something for Hibs fans and for this too happen must be so demoralising for them . Hopefully the tops get returned and this doesn't affect future events .

Kris1875
10-06-2013, 03:10 PM
Maybe an idea to put the word round local framers incase someone hands one in to get done ?

Coco Bryce
10-06-2013, 03:13 PM
Right, let's get the pics up of tour one and we will ask certain posters to point out the foreigners. Job done.

How could we prove anything :confused:

Viva_Palmeiras
10-06-2013, 03:13 PM
eBay
gumtree should be watched too...

Sad beyond belief.

Jones28
10-06-2013, 03:14 PM
Stealing from Hibs? Lowlifes.

Pretty Boy
10-06-2013, 03:36 PM
Stealing from the clubs historical trust or a former player.

Absolutely shocking behaviour and those responsible should be ashamed.

Viva_Palmeiras
10-06-2013, 03:36 PM

Predictive text fail? - foreigners?

Predictive text is crop

NadeAteMyLunch!
10-06-2013, 03:38 PM
Utter pondlife

stoneyburn hibs
10-06-2013, 03:43 PM
Dirtbags, could ruin future stadium tours

hibeenicol
10-06-2013, 03:48 PM
Shocking to read things like this,spoils it for everybody else. Really hope you get the tops back

cocopops1875
10-06-2013, 03:52 PM
Is it worth mentioning whats been stolen ? or are you waiting till after the amnesty ?
As a shirt Collector i know what these things can mean to people and to allow the HHT to have something like these on loan can be a big deal to the owner and for this to happen is just awful.
I hope someone had to much drink and sun yesterday and decides to come clean :agree: That would be the right thing to do

Gerard
10-06-2013, 03:59 PM
No words can describe the theft of our heritage. I hope the stolen shirts are returned.:wink:

Stantons Angel
10-06-2013, 04:02 PM
This theft must have been undertaken by some cretins who think they are "big" when all they are showing is their total disregard for Hibs as their club and the trust as trustees of articles donated by former players.

Get those shirts back to where they belong, among all things Hibernian.

One of the jerseys belonged to Mixu and was the one he wore in the 6-2 game against the Hearts. This jersey must have meant a lot to him after his exploits that night, He didnt keep it though he donated into the safe hands of the Historical Trust for safe keeping.

These thefts not only make other Hibbies angry but could make other players reluctant to give an article to the trust, knowing it might be nicked by some idiot!

For God's sake have a little decency and return the shirts to the club where they belong! An amnesty is too good for you!

mutley
10-06-2013, 04:10 PM
Has anyone thought it might not be a hibs fan? Person/s unknown may have jumped in on the fact that the tours were free and they could procure a little "trophy" to brag about.

Just my suspicious mind working (ps yes I'm a copper)

monktonharp
10-06-2013, 04:11 PM
Just checked the photo's and a video of the home dressing room on my phone. We were in there at 14.48 and there are 2 hangers so they went before then. Not much help I know, but who ever done this is not hibs class.I was on the tour, about that time ,on my own. just dawdling around, and went into a dressing room but it was empty. think it was the away room iirc, but it's disgracefull that folk can do this. much applause to the Historians for putting the display on but this makes me sick.

RIP
10-06-2013, 04:14 PM
Presumably it wasn't just a 'walk-in' event and Hibs had advance contact details for tour attendees?

cocopops1875
10-06-2013, 05:31 PM
Presumably it wasn't just a 'walk-in' event and Hibs had advance contact details for tour attendees?

My understanding it that it was very much a walk up event

hibs4thecup1988
10-06-2013, 05:33 PM
Surely be CCTV cameras? Maybe waiting until end of amnesty period though?

Makes your blood boil that there are people that would do th

garys
10-06-2013, 05:45 PM
Definitely not Hibs class!! Be ashamed, very ashamed!! These people disgust me!!

SurferRosa
10-06-2013, 05:58 PM
Has anyone thought it might not be a hibs fan? Person/s unknown may have jumped in on the fact that the tours were free and they could procure a little "trophy" to brag about.

Just my suspicious mind working (ps yes I'm a copper)

I must admit....it had crossed my mind.

Pat 0-7
10-06-2013, 06:13 PM
This theft must have been undertaken by some cretins who think they are "big" when all they are showing is their total disregard for Hibs as their club and the trust as trustees of articles donated by former players.

Get those shirts back to where they belong, among all things Hibernian.

One of the jerseys belonged to Mixu and was the one he wore in the 6-2 game against the Hearts. This jersey must have meant a lot to him after his exploits that night, He didnt keep it though he donated into the safe hands of the Historical Trust for safe keeping.

These thefts not only make other Hibbies angry but could make other players reluctant to give an article to the trust, knowing it might be nicked by some idiot!

For God's sake have a little decency and return the shirts to the club where they belong! An amnesty is too good for you!

Mixu's shirt was still there at 3:15-ish when we were in the dressing room - you sure that was one that was taken? :dunno:

Chris.igoe
10-06-2013, 06:23 PM
I have just checked and I got my picture with the yellow away top in the dressing room at 2:27 . This is a shocking thing to hear about. If we all look at oor pic times we can work it out and use the CCTV to find the low life

FranckSuzy
10-06-2013, 06:23 PM
I can only echo the sentiments already expressed. NOT Hibs class at all :bitchy: There's an appeal on Facebook by Hibernian Retro which everyone could perhaps like and share so we get this out to a wider audience? :aok:

AndyM_1875
10-06-2013, 07:30 PM

Hi there,

GGTTH

That's terrible.

Swedish hibee
10-06-2013, 07:56 PM
Absolute lowlife :fuming: Someone must know who took it and they need to make sure it gets back to ER.

HH81
10-06-2013, 08:06 PM
FAO Thief, you are a ****bag. :agree:

Hope it gets returned.

Hibs07p
10-06-2013, 08:20 PM
Surely be CCTV cameras? Maybe waiting until end of amnesty period though?

Makes your blood boil that there are people that would do th

Truly disgraceful that this has happened, and I'm pretty sure that CCTV, other attendees video and photographic evidence, will pretty much reveal who is responsible for this. The fact that HHT has said there is an amnesty, indicates they may already know who is responsible, and are giving this person/s the opportunity to return the items, before naming and shaming the thieving *******s, and facing the possibility of facing charges and appearing in court. It is in their own interest to return the stolen items during the amnesty, because there is a lot of angry hibbies out there regarding this theft.

GGTTH

Hibernia Na Eir
10-06-2013, 09:02 PM
i was gonna contact HHT this morning and offer to lend them an old Hibs shirt of mine for display purposes. But this has put me right off.

Im wondering now if it was they teenage laddies on the 1300 tour.....can't remember what they looked like but they were taking a very healthy interest in all the shirts and looking for names on the rear of them. They paid little interest in the tour guide or anything else in the home changing room. As i said, i didn't see any theft committed, but they looked shifty all right.

Makes ye right ***** angry!!!!

alnewhaven
10-06-2013, 09:29 PM
We went round about 2pm, got pics of the dressing room so can check times and what shirts were there then

NAE NOOKIE
10-06-2013, 09:35 PM
Sad

If whoever stole the shirts has the cheek to call themselves a Hibby .... not any more :bitchy:

Gemma Hibee
10-06-2013, 09:42 PM
This is really sickening. The tour was walk up so no register of who was there so it could have been any type of slimy gits that stole those shirts. If the person/persons who stole them ever considered themselves a Hibby they can stop now. You ain't a Hibby.

I truly hope to be reading in the next couple of days that these shirts have been returned. Really hope this doesn't affect future tours but I have a very sad feeling that it might.

:(

LeithBoozy
10-06-2013, 10:03 PM
With all the anger this has made, I hope the perpetrator does not panic and destroy the strips. Lets hope they see sense and return them undamaged. I would really be worried to think they have ended-up in the hands of a yam.

bodoglimt
10-06-2013, 10:44 PM
Agree with all the comments about low life stealing shirts should be barred from ER

I took a picture of my son with Mixu number 9 shirt on. Couldn't of been the one in the 6-2 game as name not on the back?

Mister P
11-06-2013, 08:07 AM
I have a video of when I was in the changing room, I scanned round all the shirts and also caught the clock which was just on 2:50 pm. It might help u narrow down when the 2nd shirt went walkies (the tour guide pointed out that one of the poppy ones was already missing at that point). I don't know what the 2nd shirt was or where it was hanging but I expect one of the guides will.
How do I upload video on a feekin iPhone??

Mister P
11-06-2013, 08:09 AM
If the culprit is reading in here..... Wrap it/them up and post it back to the club with an anonymous apology letter.
End of!

Devilstorment
11-06-2013, 10:10 AM
Disgraceful behaviour, makes you seriously wonder about folk. For me something like this is comparable to stealing from your Mother or your Granny, unthinkable and reprehensible!

Worth keeping an ear/eye to the ground on various private selling forums gumtree and the Facebook ones (Im on the wanted/for sale East Lothian so will keep and eye out)

Lets hope we get them back as quick as possible, and bring the culprit to justice.

Just_Jimmy
11-06-2013, 10:10 AM
I took pics of my nephew and the poppy shirt is in the background. That must have been around 1.45. I dont know if any others were missing at that point.

Just_Jimmy
11-06-2013, 10:17 AM
I just checked and the pictures i took have both the poppy shirt and the 2000 shirt (which is assume is the mixu one?). The time is 13.48. So we're talking after that but before 1430?

Phil D. Rolls
11-06-2013, 10:43 AM
Honestly can't believe that!
Hopefully the person(s) responsible own up and the property is returned sharpish.
Imagine loaning something for fellow Hibs fans to appreciate and some moron decides to pocket it, seriously what is wrong with society these days. What happened to working hard and earning something?
I'm glad the vast majority of people had a great day and didn't pocket anything, just a real shame that everyone couldn't conduct themselves properly.
Rant over.

Sense of perspective needed, there have always been thieves, it is hardly a new phenomenon.

SmashinGlass
11-06-2013, 11:35 AM
I just checked and the pictures i took have both the poppy shirt and the 2000 shirt (which is assume is the mixu one?). The time is 13.48. So we're talking after that but before 1430?

I don't think the 2000 mixu shirt was nicked, as it was there when I was in the dressing room at approx 3.45. As for the thief/thieves, you are an absolute disgrace. I hope that you have the sense to return the tops during the amnesty period and that karma takes care of you after that. Cretin(s).

fatbloke
11-06-2013, 11:42 AM
ER has history for this. I played in a Club 86 game in 1991/2 and the dressing rooms were ransacked that day. Horrible horrible people out there.

SouthMoroccoStu
11-06-2013, 06:36 PM
Can't believe this :bitchy:

Who ever it was SHOULD return these items NOW

As Spike Lee said Do The Right Thing

:flag:

Gemma Hibee
11-06-2013, 09:57 PM
I took pics of my nephew and the poppy shirt is in the background. That must have been around 1.45. I dont know if any others were missing at that point.

I've got a picture taken at half past two and there's two empty coat hangers. I'll have to find out if that's where the shirts had been hanging if so, then they were gone before then. Sad that any have gone missing. According to a post earlier in this thread one of the guides noticed one of the shirts gone within the first couple of tours.

hungryhibs
11-06-2013, 09:57 PM
iv got pics of me and my son taking in the home changing room and looks 2 me there was 3 tops missing as there was 3 hangers with out tops on them we where on the 3pm tour this is a joke how do a go about donating something 2 the HHT as a enjoyed the tour very much and would not like for this 2 spoil it for my son next time it goes ahead

Mister P
11-06-2013, 10:45 PM
Dunno if this will help with timings etc

http://tinypic.com/r/p2i5l/5

Just_Jimmy
12-06-2013, 12:15 AM
If we can get enough people with timings on pictures surely we can get it down to a specific 5-10 min block or whatever? It might not help but anything we can do we should. This is an attack on the whole hibs support and should be treated by us, as such.
So 1.45-2.30 so far. Can anyone barrow these times further?

Mister P
12-06-2013, 08:39 AM
From my video above, the time on the clock in the changing room shows 2:50-2:55
I've scanned round the room in that vid but don't know what strips I'm looking for!
Perhaps someone from HHT can have a look and say if both the strips are missing. They did comment one was already missing at that point so I reckon the 2nd one went walkies then or just after!

iHIBS
12-06-2013, 10:06 AM
I posted earlier that we were the second group in the home changing room at 1330 and looking at my daughter's photos there is empty hangers then !!

Just_Jimmy
12-06-2013, 11:51 AM
I posted earlier that we were the second group in the home changing room at 1330 and looking at my daughter's photos there is empty hangers then !!

so it's not the poppy shirt as some have speculated then? which shirts are we looking for then?

scoopyboy
12-06-2013, 12:07 PM

Hi there,

GGTTH

Can you come back on and give more detailed information please.

There are enough people with pictures and videos which have times on them to make a more detailed picture.

What shirts are missing?

Where were they hanging in the changing room?

If you can give this info out it may help recover the tops.

Good luck.

Hibernia Na Eir
12-06-2013, 01:29 PM
Can you come back on and give more detailed information please.

There are enough people with pictures and videos which have times on them to make a more detailed picture.

What shirts are missing?

Where were they hanging in the changing room?

If you can give this info out it may help recover the tops.

Good luck.

Nail the bassas !

Hibs History
12-06-2013, 04:50 PM
Hello everyone!

Apologies for the lack to posting from the trust on this thread.

We have been dealing with a large number of email inquiries relating to this appeal.

Thank you very much for the response and support you shown in dealing with this delicate matter.

We are delighted to report that the missing shirts have been handed back into the stadium in excellent condition

The Hibernian Historical Trust wishes to thank all involved and we look forward to showcasing more items (safely) at future events!

If you have any questions related to the History of Hibernian FC or wish to get more information on the Trust, please do not hesitate to contact us or visit the website (http://www.hibshistoricaltrust.org.uk/).

GGTTH

:flag:

Admin. Could you please update the main thread title to help pass on the good news.

Conrad Gray
12-06-2013, 04:52 PM
I am pleased to announce that the items that went missing during the Historic Trust Open Day have now been recovered.

Many thanks to those who assisted in this.

The matter is now closed and no further comment will be made.

The open day was a resounding success and the HHT to look forward to continuing to preserve/promote our history.

GGTTH

Booked4Being-Ugly
12-06-2013, 04:53 PM
Glad to hear.

Dibben
12-06-2013, 04:53 PM
Fantastic news!

Hibby Gav
12-06-2013, 04:56 PM
Well done to all involved in helping the recovery

cam75
12-06-2013, 05:00 PM
Nice 1 guys

Franck Stanton
12-06-2013, 05:02 PM
Good news, hope that it was just a moments madness by the culprit[s] and have now seen the stupidity of their actions. P.S. To the guys that made this happen - can you now turn your attention to finding Lord Lucan.:faf:

Viva_Palmeiras
12-06-2013, 05:03 PM
Great news all's well that ends well!

Secured display cabinet beckons hopefully.

hibee_nation
12-06-2013, 05:12 PM
Glad the guys who took them handed them back in. Good news indeed. :aok:

mutley
12-06-2013, 05:12 PM
That's excellent news, I thought they would have been long gone. I'm sure we'll probably not hear any more about it but I hope the culprits feel really stupid and humiliated now

Pretty Boy
12-06-2013, 05:15 PM
Good stuff

Well done to all who helped get them back.

deano6-2
12-06-2013, 05:21 PM
Great news!

HUTCHYHIBBY
12-06-2013, 05:27 PM
Sad it went that far, but, good to know they were not just dumped somewhere.

jacomo
12-06-2013, 05:31 PM
That's excellent news, I thought they would have been long gone. I'm sure we'll probably not hear any more about it but I hope the culprits feel really stupid and humiliated now

They did the right thing in the end. Hope they've learned a lesson, everyone can move on. We've probably all done stupid things in the past which we have regretted - the Trust's response to this was spot on because it gave the people responsible a chance to make things right.

cabbageandribs1875
12-06-2013, 05:32 PM
Good news, hope that it was just a moments madness by the culprit[s] and have now seen the stupidity of their actions. P.S. To the guys that made this happen - can you now turn your attention to finding Lord Lucan.:faf:

and vladimir romanov

anyway, to whoever took the shirts, you've done the right thing handing them back...WD :aok:

Hibernia Na Eir
12-06-2013, 06:07 PM
good news indeed !!

Gemma Hibee
12-06-2013, 06:30 PM
Glad to know the shirts are back in proper excellent condition. :) Pleased that the trust gave this amnesty period as it seems to have worked. Hopefully the culprits will have learned from this experience.

SouthMoroccoStu
12-06-2013, 07:17 PM
Glad to hear it.

Alls well that ends well.

:thumbsup:

Future17
12-06-2013, 07:56 PM
I am pleased to announce that the items that went missing during the Historic Trust Open Day have now been recovered.

Many thanks to those who assisted in this.

The matter is now closed and no further comment will be made.

The open day was a resounding success and the HHT to look forward to continuing to preserve/promote our history.

GGTTH

Good work all involved, including those who handed them back (assuming they did so voluntarily). It takes a bit of courage to take some responsibility for your actions rather than taking the easy way out.

Also, carry on the good work HHT! :flag: