PDA

View Full Version : 13/14 season tickets at 8,000 - Hibs targeting 11,000

Hibby Gav
12-06-2013, 12:04 PM
It apparently took us until August last year to get to 8,000 according to the Scotsman...it appears the early action of Pat getting some of the new signings in quick is having a positive effect on ST sales ! GGTTH One team in the Capital :greengrin

DaveF
12-06-2013, 12:08 PM
Given the guff that the Scotsman punt out regarding Yams propaganda, I'd be slightly wary of believing anything they printed.

If it's true, then it's a good effort.

patlowe
12-06-2013, 12:09 PM
It apparently took us until August last year to get to 8,000 according to the Scotsman...it appears the early action of Pat getting some of the new signings in quick is having a positive effect on ST sales ! GGTTH One team in the Capital :greengrin

Great news - I think the clever season ticket launch encouraged a lot of people to sign up, including myself. If we can creep up to 10,000 then we'd be doing incredibly well in the circumstances.

Hibby Gav
12-06-2013, 12:13 PM
Given the guff that the Scotsman punt out regarding Yams propaganda, I'd be slightly wary of believing anything they printed.

Point taken...but they are quoting Russell Smith from our commercial dept so every reason to believe it

brydekirk
12-06-2013, 12:14 PM
Good for the time of year, could creep up to 9,000 with the right signings. Ggtth

nribs
12-06-2013, 12:17 PM
Have we sold more season tickets than Edinburghs big team then? Surelt not

Stevie Reid
12-06-2013, 12:19 PM
Great news and a superb effort by 12 June.

IanM
12-06-2013, 12:21 PM
Good for the time of year, could creep up to 9,000 with the right signings. Ggtth

Even if it doesn't it would be quite encouraging if we could drum up some of the support that's missing to attend at least the first home game.. try entice them back with our (hopefully) new team, new desire and a winning start

LeithBoozy
12-06-2013, 12:27 PM

I agree with this 100%, leaving it until the last minute to bring-in players is counter-productive. All it does is give fans the Impression you are scoping up players no one else wants. Having said that, they can take as long as they want to tell us we have signed up Sparky. :greengrin

Saorsa
12-06-2013, 12:28 PM
I agree with this 100%, leaving it until the last minute to bring-in players is counter-productive. All it does is give fans the Impression you are scoping up players no one else wants. Having said that, they can take as long as they want to tell us we have signed up Sparky. :greengrinbut tomorrow would be better :greengrin

LeithBoozy
12-06-2013, 12:31 PM
but tomorrow would be better :greengrin You are correct of course Dan. :agree:

Dashing Bob S
12-06-2013, 12:34 PM
I think the SEVCO case, exposing the sickening corruption at the heart of Scottish Football, and the inept, incompetent, and cheating way our so-called 'authorities' tried to deal with it, turned loads of fans off, from all clubs.

I think Hearts implosion has got a lot of people interested again, with that sense that cheats never prosper.

From our point of view, we have Europe, and the second best crop of youngsters in Scottish football, so good times ahead.

greenlex
12-06-2013, 12:36 PM
Cup final tickets will have shifted a fair few. I think that's got a greater bearing than any signings thus far.

Hibby Gav
12-06-2013, 12:38 PM
You are correct of course Dan. :agree:

Yep, but better late than never !.............if we get the next couple of signings right and announced soon we could have a great core to back the team. This would hopefully give us a good start with the Euro game(s) and a positive launch into the league campaign which might also encourage walk ups ..

brydekirk
12-06-2013, 12:42 PM
I think the SEVCO case, exposing the sickening corruption at the heart of Scottish Football, and the inept, incompetent, and cheating way our so-called 'authorities' tried to deal with it, turned loads of fans off, from all clubs.

I think Hearts implosion has got a lot of people interested again, with that sense that cheats never prosper.

From our point of view, we have Europe, and the second best crop of youngsters in Scottish football, so good times ahead.
Must agree

darwenhibby
12-06-2013, 12:57 PM
I haven't renewed yet but do intend to!
Must be few more in same position.

Hibby Gav
12-06-2013, 01:40 PM

A few of my mates are the same...getting holidays out of the way then renewing..

Notahappyhibee
12-06-2013, 01:40 PM
I renewed on the first day. But I feel it was more out of habit than anything else. The way things are going can't see next season will be any different than the last few. But finger crossed I'm wrong ;) GGTTH

JMac
12-06-2013, 02:06 PM
If that number is accurate it's very impressive as i'm sure many others (myself included) are still to renew, hopefully we can get to 10,000. Anyone know statistics on season ticket sales? Like year by year?

Jones28
12-06-2013, 03:33 PM
Signing Leigh would be worth another 1000 or so at least I would guess :thumbsup:

hibs4thecup1988
12-06-2013, 04:04 PM
I renewed on the first day. But I feel it was more out of habit than anything else. The way things are going can't see next season will be any different than the last few. But finger crossed I'm wrong ;) GGTTH

I'm the same. Me and my laddies peace from the other half every other week :greengrin: otherwise it would be shopping

marinello59
12-06-2013, 04:06 PM
Signing Leigh would be worth another 1000 or so at least I would guess :thumbsup:

I doubt that. How many extra season tickets did we sell on the back of last years 'must have' signing McPake? Did the resigning of Riordan cause a dramatic increase in attendance? Or signing Stokes?

hibs4thecup1988
12-06-2013, 04:11 PM
Stokes was a Sunderland reserve player for starters

Riordan was signed in January was he not? No idea on attendances if I'm honest, but in my view he never had as much an impact as sparky.

As for mcpake I think we always knew he was going to sign

My point is that I agree that if we got Griffiths a lot of fans would sign up for

tamig
12-06-2013, 04:14 PM

Absolutely Robert. I didnt renew last season for the first time since 1984 but have signed up again for the coming season.

Geo_1875
12-06-2013, 04:14 PM
Cup final tickets will have shifted a fair few. I think that's got a greater bearing than any signings thus far.

But we had the same ST policy last year so are comparing like for like.

hfc rd
12-06-2013, 04:27 PM

Riordan was signed in January was he not? No idea on attendances if I'm honest, but in my view he never had as much an impact as sparky.

My point is that I agree that if we got Griffiths a lot of fans would sign up for

Riordan was signed on deadline day in the summer of 2008.

ManBearPig
12-06-2013, 04:40 PM
I think payment plan has captured few more than previous years including myself. Much more manageable.

DH1875
12-06-2013, 04:49 PM
Problem is, half of them are kids tickets bought to get cup final tickets :devil:.

Andy74
12-06-2013, 04:51 PM

Griffiths played last year when we were getting gates of 8,ooo something. It's not really ever been shown that signing a couple of players the fans want makes any real difference to the crowds.

The crowds will only come when we win on a regular basis and that can be achieved by building a better team overall even if we don't sign any 'big name' players.

On Stokes - Sparky would be a Sunderland reserves play too.

NAE NOOKIE
12-06-2013, 05:36 PM
Pretty good if 8,000 is an accurate figure.

If we can get to 10,000 by the start of the season ( even if that includes 3,000 kids tickets ) it would be pretty decent.

Hibs could attract a fair number of walk up fans for our Euro home game in July if they had a scheme where anybody buying a ticket for that match was promised a discount for the next Euro home game ....... should there be one

FYI ... I know everybody is a walk up for European games :greengrin

hibsbollah
12-06-2013, 05:51 PM
Surely this must be a mistake...I thought last May had 'killed us as a club' :dunno:

Scott Allan Key
12-06-2013, 05:53 PM
Pretty good if 8,000 is an accurate figure.

If we can get to 10,000 by the start of the season ( even if that includes 3,000 kids tickets ) it would be pretty decent.

Hibs could attract a fair number of walk up fans for our Euro home game in July if they had a scheme where anybody buying a ticket for that match was promised a discount for the next Euro home game ....... should there be one

FYI ... I know everybody is a walk up for European games :greengrin
Is that the case? Are Europa home ties not included in cup top-up?

Matt92
12-06-2013, 06:22 PM
I've still to get mines...so plus 1 :thumbsup:

If we somehow got Griffiths it could really rocket! Nonetheless, positive signs from ER with the signings so far and I was impressed we kept him past January so can hardly throw the book at Rod if he can't bring Leigh back, as awesome as it would be!

One city, one team.

adhibs
12-06-2013, 06:26 PM

Not got the answer but id realy doubt it

hfc rd
12-06-2013, 06:33 PM

I'm sure the cup top up only covers the Scottish & League Cup. Not Europe. However I might be wrong.

NadeAteMyLunch!
12-06-2013, 06:39 PM
Successive cup finals will have helped as well. When you go years without reaching any finals(particularly the Scottish) folk tend to forget/ignore the fact that a guaranteed ticket-should you reach a final- is actually a decent perk of a ST

Jones28
12-06-2013, 08:50 PM
I doubt that. How many extra season tickets did we sell on the back of last years 'must have' signing McPake? Did the resigning of Riordan cause a dramatic increase in attendance? Or signing Stokes?

...500? :greengrin

Ozyhibby
12-06-2013, 10:53 PM
Still to get mine and the wee mans so 2 to be added.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
13-06-2013, 07:36 AM
Still to renew mine

basehibby
13-06-2013, 09:50 AM

I'm one of the switherers - windows to replace and fence to repair this summer while trying to get back in the black (fat chance!) so splashing out £400-odd quid on a ST is indeed very hard to justify.

Still - will probably end up attending 90% of home games anyway so Rod & Pat will get my cash in the end - I'll probably end up getting a half ST to bolster the january kitty same as last term.

Still it's great to see such strong sales and I'll look forward to some bumper attendances - very tempted to cough up on the never never just to increase the "big-team" chagrin factor if they see our ST sales outstrip that of the famed 400,000!

greenlex
13-06-2013, 10:03 AM
European Games are not included in your cup top up. Domestic games only.

Islington Hibs
13-06-2013, 08:46 PM
Seems we are outselling them with seasons. 8000+ at Easter Road, 6500 and 'dried up' at Tinki Tini. When they said 'killed us' perhaps they were looking in a mirror?

...WentToMowAnSPL
17-06-2013, 06:28 PM
Hibs sold 8,000 season tickets valid for next year
Hearts sold 0 season tickets valid for next year

Ouch ! #GGTTH

Craig_in_Prague
17-06-2013, 06:43 PM
C'mon Hibees - get those STs bought !

We are on the cup, trying to sign KT, got Nicholl in as a cracking assistant, L. Craig has been one of my fav. Midfielders the last few years - already signed, big Jones and more to follow.
Lets build on where we are and our club will prosper. Fck the derbies anyway, that minging colour wont be missed!

One City One Team

Houchy
17-06-2013, 07:07 PM
2 more to add to that figure tomorrow.

Billy Whizz
17-06-2013, 07:11 PM
We now need to stand up and be counted and support our club for next season. We have sold a great 8,000 season tickets but we need to sell a lot more now. The potential loss of gate money from Hearts games will hit us hard!
Time for everyone who can, to get along to ER.

kdhibees1
17-06-2013, 08:20 PM
2 more to add to that figure tomorrow.
Hmmmm......interesting!

nellio
17-06-2013, 09:18 PM
Cracking new's if we have sold that many. Gets more money in Pats player fund!

GreenCastle
17-06-2013, 09:26 PM
Really important with the yams struggling we become even stronger on and off the pitch than ever before.

Give Fenlon funds to bring in players who will improve the job - he has shown he can spot talent and has shown he can improve us.

Let's get it to the 10,000 mark :agree:

adhibs
17-06-2013, 09:27 PM
Love how hearts had sold 6,500, admitted their appeal for people to buy fell completely on deaf ears and have now been reporting it as under 7, 000 sold.

Would be fantastic if we could reach 10, 000

Booked4Being-Ugly
17-06-2013, 09:36 PM
That could make us the 2nd biggest team in the SPL next season....... as big teams used to say before going bust.........pleasing!

RoYO!
17-06-2013, 09:41 PM
Here's thinking outside the box- so bear with me... Haha they start with most radical and taper off!

1- honour hearts ST's at ER- the diehards will never come but those with family tickets may be swayed?! 14k ST's has a good ring to it! will effectively kill off any remaining fan base they have and bolster ours- i know that doesn't sit well but I'm sure will create chat on here!

2- west end of the city primary schools could get free tickets to see an SPL team in a proper stadium- rather than the local guff team that will be playing in a ****ty brown colour, in a pub league, from behind a rope...

3- ermm, get a mate along?- its a classic. :)

Speedy
18-06-2013, 11:29 AM
Griffiths played last year when we were getting gates of 8,ooo something. It's not really ever been shown that signing a couple of players the fans want makes any real difference to the crowds.

The crowds will only come when we win on a regular basis and that can be achieved by building a better team overall even if we don't sign any 'big name' players.

On Stokes - Sparky would be a Sunderland reserves play too.

Sparky would be a much higher profile signing. He's just been our top goalscorer. Stokes had no connection to us before he signed and was hardly in form at the time.

Andy74
18-06-2013, 11:32 AM
Sparky would be a much higher profile signing. He's just been our top goalscorer. Stokes had no connection to us before he signed and was hardly in form at the time.

He was here last year, scoring lots of goals. Many games we got 8 to 9,000. Almost that many have bought season tickets. Who are the people who wouldn't go to watch Sparky last year but would next year if he had been signed?

joe breezy
18-06-2013, 11:35 AM
Might try and buy a season ticket for that kids scheme this season

Last season did the Hibernians thing - want to do as much as poss from afar to help Hibs and prove we don't need bigots in the SPL, blue or maroon

patlowe
18-06-2013, 12:01 PM
He was here last year, scoring lots of goals. Many games we got 8 to 9,000. Almost that many have bought season tickets. Who are the people who wouldn't go to watch Sparky last year but would next year if he had been signed?

I would say it's more about building a sense of progress to entice fans back. OK, Griffiths' presence didn't directly improve attendances last season but getting him on a permanent basis would send out a real message of intent. Allied to the general feeling of mild optimism among fans at the moment, I happen to think signing Griffiths would have an impact on ST sales.

These things are difficult to quantify regardless. Who is to say our crowds wouldn't have been smaller last season if it wasn't for his goals?

SunshineOnLeith
18-06-2013, 12:06 PM
Here's thinking outside the box- so bear with me... Haha they start with most radical and taper off!

1- honour hearts ST's at ER- the diehards will never come but those with family tickets may be swayed?! 14k ST's has a good ring to it! will effectively kill off any remaining fan base they have and bolster ours- i know that doesn't sit well but I'm sure will create chat on here!

2- west end of the city primary schools could get free tickets to see an SPL team in a proper stadium- rather than the local guff team that will be playing in a ****ty brown colour, in a pub league, from behind a rope...

I'd be in favour of number 1, if changed to only kids' season tickets.

007 Mickey Weir
18-06-2013, 12:06 PM
Might try and buy a season ticket for that kids scheme this season

Last season did the Hibernians thing - want to do as much as poss from afar to help Hibs and prove we don't need bigots in the SPL, blue or maroon

Great post! Helping the club and also helping a kid to the game that normally wouldn't get to go.

Well done!

adhibs
18-06-2013, 12:08 PM

No thanks, dont want any of them switching over

Keith_M
18-06-2013, 12:08 PM
I would say it's more about building a sense of progress to entice fans back. OK, Griffiths' presence didn't directly improve attendances last season but getting him on a permanent basis would send out a real message of intent. Allied to the general feeling of mild optimism among fans at the moment, I happen to think signing Griffiths would have an impact on ST sales.

These things are difficult to quantify regardless. Who is to say our crowds wouldn't have been smaller last season if it wasn't for his goals?

After today's joint announcement from Hibs and Wolves, that option is now dead in the water, unfortunately.

I think selling 8,000 STs so far is OK but can't help thinking it was influenced by the number of people wanting to guarantee a cup final ticket. What we really need now is to see the filling of places in the team that we all know are required, to get the regular attendance up to a decent level, STs or not.

Diclonius
18-06-2013, 12:55 PM

Blasphemy! Didn't you know it's called the Hibsman? :bitchy:

I guess it is fair seeing as they have the Edinburgh Evening Hearts. :wink:

Chuck Rhoades
20-06-2013, 07:37 PM
Bump! Time to kick on, would be great if we managed 10,000 STs...

Capt Mainwaring
20-06-2013, 07:47 PM
Fantastic opportunity to create a massive gap between us and the deluded ones across the city. 10000 Season tickets to fund wee Pat's team construction and leave them stranded in the gutter feels like a great prospect.

GGTTH

Zazu62
20-06-2013, 07:49 PM
How many season tickets have we sold ?

Chuck Rhoades
20-06-2013, 07:52 PM
Not sure. Contacted Hibs with a suggestion of a counter on the official site.

Cabbage East
20-06-2013, 07:58 PM
Not sure. Contacted Hibs with a suggestion of a counter on the official site.

Won't happen. Not good for clubs from the perspective of sponsorship/signing players if they have a counter saying they've sold a small amount of STs. Risk against reward.

Chuck Rhoades
20-06-2013, 07:59 PM
They announced they sold 8,000 though?

eastterrace
20-06-2013, 08:37 PM
go on to the site as if to buy a season ticket and get the stadium up and count the seats that are left there you have it the total you are looking for. best o luck and hope your eyes dont pack in.:wink:

JimBHibees
21-06-2013, 05:29 PM
http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20130621/focus-on-hibernian_2262950_3216570

Benny Brazil
21-06-2013, 05:32 PM
"We know we will be here - we want you to be here too."

Slight dig at our neighbours? :thumbsup:

Gatecrasher
21-06-2013, 05:39 PM
11,000 will be tough but why not eh? C'mon folks lets do this!

hibeenicol
21-06-2013, 05:44 PM

11,000 season tickets would be tremendous and would add a good bit to fenlons budget.

I also think now that the fixtures have been released we could be selling 5 or 10 game packages. Would also be good if they could do another finance package for folk that don't have the £405, maybe a 4 month finance package.:confused:

Bleeds green
21-06-2013, 05:45 PM

'Fully developed uefa compliant' :)

MSK
21-06-2013, 05:48 PM
11,000 will be tough but why not eh? C'mon folks lets do this!Couple o decent signings may ramp the figure up a bit ..:agree:

Keith_M
21-06-2013, 05:52 PM
"We want at least 11,000 Season Ticket Members to turn up to our fully developed, UEFA compliant, family friendly stadium when our season kicks off against Motherwell on Sunday 4 August. We know we will be here - we want you to be here too."

Ouch!

I ca't help thinking the club have made a Rod (no pun intended) for their own back with stating this. I can't see any way we could go back to the number we had in the Mowbray/Collins era without serious improvement on the pitch.

GoldenEagle
21-06-2013, 05:54 PM
Couple o decent signings may ramp the figure up a bit ..:agree:

Chicken and egg. I'm sure of Hibs sold another £750k worth of ST's then we'd see a couple of top quality signings. At the end of the day its up to the Hibs fans if they want this or not.

matty_f
21-06-2013, 05:55 PM
It would be a fantastic boost to the club to get to 11k season tickets.

We have a great chance to set ourselves apart from the rest of the spl (bar celtc) but it needs the fans help.

Pretty Boy
21-06-2013, 05:57 PM

The whole thing is another quite brilliant slagging of Hearts by Petrie.

Obvious but subtle enough that he won't get any bother.

Top man is Rod.

Keith_M
21-06-2013, 05:57 PM
Chicken and egg. I'm sure of Hibs sold another £750k worth of ST's then we'd see a couple of top quality signings. At the end of the day its up to the Hibs fans if they want this or not.

Aw naw, no that bl**dy Chicken and Egg again. They've caused no end of trouble on here in the last couple of years

LTC&E

(work that out for yourself :wink: )

adhibs
21-06-2013, 05:58 PM
Haha love that statement. Another 3000, wonder where rod got that idea

Cameron1875
21-06-2013, 05:59 PM

Rod's face when writing the statement ;) 10386

WestEndHibee
21-06-2013, 06:01 PM
I shall be purchasing a season ticket towards the end of the summer when I've built up a bit more cash. First since yogi's first year due to having other Saturday commitments. so there's one more for the eventual tally:thumbsup:

NAE NOOKIE
21-06-2013, 06:17 PM
11,000 is probably a bit of a stretch, would love to be wrong though. 10,000 would be a good result IMO and probably better than any club outside of sellic.

If we do manage 11,000 and can attract 2,000 walk ups for most games that gives you 13,000 home crowds, about 3,500 more than last year.

Now that would be impressive.

Bishop Hibee
21-06-2013, 06:18 PM
Tall order getting 11K. If we added 1000 to last years ST total it would be a success given the current financial climate.

Hibbyradge
21-06-2013, 06:18 PM
Bring in a striker and the seasons will sell.

WestEndHibee
21-06-2013, 06:19 PM
11,000 is probably a bit of a stretch, would love to be wrong though. 10,000 would be a good result IMO and probably better than any club outside of sellic.

If we do manage 11,000 and can attract 2,000 walk ups for most games that gives you 13,000 home crowds, about 3,500 more than last year.

Now that would be impressive.

In yamandsevconomics that's about 19,000!

muzzhfc
21-06-2013, 06:20 PM
"Focus on Hibernian" - good title, maybe we should be doing it on here . . . theres too many threads about the ****s. its hibs.net not LetsWriteABillionThreadsAboutHearts.net

Andy74
21-06-2013, 06:22 PM
Bring in a striker and the seasons will sell.

Not really.

bingo70
21-06-2013, 06:23 PM
"Focus on Hibernian" - good title, maybe we should be doing it on here . . . theres too many threads about the ****s. its hibs.net not LetsWriteABillionThreadsAboutHearts.net

have you started many hibs related threads?

there's nothing hibs to talk about just now, as soon as there is people will talk about it

muzzhfc
21-06-2013, 06:29 PM
have you started many hibs related threads?

there's nothing hibs to talk about just now, as soon as there is people will talk about it

all I am saying is theres too many hearts threads, yeah theres not very much hibs news at the moment, but do we really need as many threads dedicated to them? just makes us look obsessed with them

bingo70
21-06-2013, 06:32 PM
all I am saying is theres too many hearts threads, yeah theres not very much hibs news at the moment, but do we really need as many threads dedicated to them? just makes us look obsessed with them

if people are replying to the threads then yes, we do need them as people obviously want to discuss the topic that's been started.

who cares how we look?

DH1875
21-06-2013, 06:34 PM
I haven't renewed. Pretty gutted to be honest but just can't justify it at the moment. Will be getting a half ST if we're doing them at Christmas though.

Centre Hawf
21-06-2013, 06:37 PM
I would love to buy a ST this year, I really would but i can't afford it in one go. I do think the Season Ticket as a product is becoming quite outdated especially as a younger person, i pay the 10 odd quid for the ticket as part of my Saturday piss up routine.

Dashing Bob S
21-06-2013, 06:43 PM

Not o much a slight dig as totally ripping the pish.

MSK
21-06-2013, 06:46 PM
"Focus on Hibernian" - good title, maybe we should be doing it on here . . . theres too many threads about the ****s. its hibs.net not LetsWriteABillionThreadsAboutHearts.netHowever ...The messageboard for all Hibs fans to chat about Hibs and football in general...:wink:

Onceinawhile
21-06-2013, 06:53 PM
11,000 is quite a lot... I'll be at the first game, but with two under 3s and a mortgage it won't be as a season ticket holder. Hope we can do it though. More we sell, better the team.

Diclonius
21-06-2013, 06:56 PM
"Scottish football faces another summer of changes. Stability, financial planning, progressive thinking and supporters fully engaged with their club are vital ingredients to sustainability and success as a football club."

This is the biggest nod to our neighbours imo. :aok:

rcarter1
21-06-2013, 07:04 PM
"Scottish football faces another summer of changes. Stability, financial planning, progressive thinking and supporters fully engaged with their club are vital ingredients to sustainability and success as a football club."

This is the biggest nod to our neighbours imo. :aok:

Like the bit where it follows on with

'We will definitely be here next season - will you' or words to that effect.

rainman
21-06-2013, 07:09 PM
8,000? Just out of interest, how many Hibs fans stayed behind for the sing song at Hampden?

Keith_M
21-06-2013, 07:12 PM
8,000? Just out of interest, how many Hibs fans stayed behind for the sing song at Hampden?

Über fan alert!

:wink:

hibee_nation
21-06-2013, 07:16 PM

Get over it, it was a moment in our Hibs supporting memories that will last a long time. You don't get it cause you weren't there. Stop making yourself look like a knob. Who cares how many it was a great feeling. :hibees

BOB MARLEYS DUG
21-06-2013, 07:17 PM
Hope we can do it! Me and my Dad will be renewing at somepoint next week.

...WentToMowAnSPL
21-06-2013, 07:20 PM
This is EXACTLY what I thought when I read it. When was the last time we had 11k ST holders? I think a genuine target would be 9k or 10k.

But Hibs have basically come out and said, we want 3k more season tickets by the start of the season!

Fantastic :not worth

PS: Can you imagine if we got it? :faf:

I think this was the carlsberg moment of Hibernian news....

I think all of us would have struggled to put the subtle GIRUY message so eloquently

kdhibees1
21-06-2013, 07:22 PM
Would be if it is was not for my crappy work changing our finish time to 2:30pm on a Saturday :grr:

Craig_in_Prague
21-06-2013, 07:22 PM
i cant attend games obviously, but will be back in August and spend a good 150-200 at the shop and also buy games live via HI TV.
Want to support the club as best as possible as always, but with wee baby and the usual bills / committments its hard to give more.

matty_f
21-06-2013, 07:29 PM
The thing is, we know if the club was in trouble we'd be right there getting the season tickets and seeing them right.

Why wait til the club's in trouble? It shouldn't take a crisis to rally round the club.

11k is a huge target, but not unreachable.

We did it for Stand Up and Be Counted, well let's just do it again.:flag:

MontrealHibs
21-06-2013, 07:36 PM
Would be helpful if they signed us a goal scorer! Didn't stop me renewing but understand the concerns of some without any.

brog
21-06-2013, 07:58 PM
Would be helpful if they signed us a goal scorer! Didn't stop me renewing but understand the concerns of some without any.

We will be signing at least one & almost certainly 2 strikers before full season starts.
Re seasons, I've renewed & London Hibs will take our usual 2. I also hope however to buy another in the Kicks for Hibs scheme. I think that's a great initiative & a win/win all the way.

Albanian Hibs
21-06-2013, 08:33 PM

I didnt stay but Ive bought my ticket for next season. Whats your point?

Iggy Pope
21-06-2013, 08:38 PM

Me. And I've bought 2.

iwasthere1972
21-06-2013, 09:01 PM

Me and my brother stayed behind and did the old Allez Allez. I've got my season ticket but my brother only does semi finals and finals. :greengrin

...WentToMowAnSPL
21-06-2013, 09:04 PM
Me. And I've bought 2.

Me too and I bought 2

What would bring the rest out of their slumbers and not depress revenue ...

How about we offer 2013 ticket holders guaranteed right to 3 ticketS for each of the finals we 'could' reach. ?

...WentToMowAnSPL
21-06-2013, 09:08 PM
Me and my brother stayed behind and did the old Allez Allez. I've got my season ticket but my brother only does semi finals and finals. :greengrin

What would it take to get him to commit to a season ticket ?? Apart from the money. !!

mutley
21-06-2013, 09:16 PM
By just having a quick browse through these forums , this thread included, there are a few who have said that although they have not renewed yet, they intend to do so, when they can. This is only a small part of the support, I'm guessing the feeling will be the same on the bounce forum ( yes I know that there are probably a lot that post on both forum sites).

So if that is a slight indication that there are fans out there that are going to buy a ST. It might not be enough to take us to 11k but surely must be another 1-2 k over the 8k already sold?

S4uzee
21-06-2013, 09:23 PM

:top marks

Scouse Hibee
21-06-2013, 11:08 PM

Why bother asking how many stayed behind, cut to the chase and ask how many attended Hampden if that's your way of thinking!

Hibbylad86
22-06-2013, 12:18 AM
Hibs need to look at some sort of payment plan (if possible) for people looking to buy now? Not a lot of people have £405 lump sum available or can apply for credit card to buy it etc.

This would help shift more if offered IMO

lEXO
22-06-2013, 12:22 AM
How many of them can afford it? I know at least half a dozen guys who are desperate to get a season ticket. They just cant afford it. It,s no cheap this fitba fan lark

neilmartinrocks
22-06-2013, 12:56 AM
How many of them can afford it? I know at least half a dozen guys who are desperate to get a season ticket. They just cant afford it. It,s no cheap this fitba fan lark

if every home game was a 3pm sat. kick off i would get an s.t. but til then i will be a walk up. only missed 4 home games last season but thats 80 - 90 quid *****ed if i bought one.

marinello59
22-06-2013, 05:18 AM
if every home game was a 3pm sat. kick off i would get an s.t. but til then i will be a walk up. only missed 4 home games last season but thats 80 - 90 quid *****ed if i bought one.

I would bet that the vast majority of season ticket holders buy knowing that they are likely to miss several games. Yet they do it to as it is the best way to help the club move forward. We have plenty here expressing interest in giving regular sums to a managers fund which would give them nothing in return other than seeing the team strengthened. It's not ALL about saving ourselves money.
We are in a unique position here, the chance for us to push on whilst Sevco are in the lower leagues and Hearts are on their knees could see us enjoy a sustained period of higher league placings. We can't criticise the board for lacking ambition if we don't do our bit to grasp this opportunity. There will be people who simply can't afford to buy season tickets, hopefully they attend as many games as they can as walk ups. The Yams seem incapable of doing anything to save their club. We would be almost as negligent if we didn't help our club to maximise the benefits of being financially well run whilst others squandered money like drunken sailors on shore leave.
We've gone over all the arguments at length on here over the years as to why we shouldn't buy season tickets. Sometimes is better to concentrate on positives though, especially when our neighbours have none.

Lucius Apuleius
22-06-2013, 06:07 AM
I would bet that the vast majority of season ticket holders buy knowing that they are likely to miss several games. Yet they do it to as it is the best way to help the club move forward. We have plenty here expressing interest in giving regular sums to a managers fund which would give them nothing in return other than seeing the team strengthened. It's not ALL about saving ourselves money.
We are in a unique position here, the chance for us to push on whilst Sevco are in the lower leagues and Hearts are on their knees could see us enjoy a sustained period of higher league placings. We can't criticise the board for lacking ambition if we don't do our bit to grasp this opportunity. There will be people who simply can't afford to buy season tickets, hopefully they attend as many games as they can as walk ups. The Yams seem incapable of doing anything to save their club. We would be almost as negligent if we didn't help our club to maximise the benefits of being financially well run whilst others squandered money like drunken sailors on shore leave.
We've gone over all the arguments at length on here over the years as to why we shouldn't buy season tickets. Sometimes is better to concentrate on positives though, especially when our neighbours have none.

:agree: Absolutely correct M59.

GoldenEagle
22-06-2013, 06:38 AM
Hibs need to look at some sort of payment plan (if possible) for people looking to buy now? Not a lot of people have £405 lump sum available or can apply for credit card to buy it etc.

This would help shift more if offered IMO

An interest free payment plan was open for a couple of months, if folk didn't take the opportunity then why would they do it now?

There's hunners of interest free for 18 months on credit cards out there as well.

Not getting in at you but someone who doesn't want to buy a ST will find fault with the club whilst others will buy and contribute.

GreenCastle
22-06-2013, 07:13 AM
Great statement and showing ambition.

A capital city club that has great foundations / stadium / support should be getting more each week.

I bought mine again knowing I won't make every game but I want Hibs to be a strong force in Scotland and No 1 in Edinburgh.

It's a family tradition supporting the club and right now is a prime time to back it as others are struggling.

I've been a critic of the board before and there is always room for improvement but it's obvious now is a time to be counted and show others we are on the up still and mean serious business.

If you haven't got a ST or are sitting on the fence -get yourself or your friend to get one now:agree:

tanfield
22-06-2013, 07:41 AM
I wonder if there is any availability in the ff lower? not had a season ticket since the mid 90's but thinking about getting some for me and the kids.

anybody got the ticket office number handy?

JoeT_WasTheBest
22-06-2013, 07:49 AM
I wonder if there is any availability in the ff lower? not had a season ticket since the mid 90's but thinking about getting some for me and the kids.

anybody got the ticket office number handy?

661-1875

blackpoolhibs
22-06-2013, 08:22 AM
The Saturday at 3pm is vitally important to me, so for that reason i have not bought one this season.

I understand why folk say it should be irrelevant as times for games have changed now, but for me its a huge disruption.

Although after saying that, i hope we hit that target. :thumbsup:

Juice-Terry
22-06-2013, 08:24 AM
If Hibs are really serious about getting 11,000 season tickets they should bring back the payment plan. I know there was an opportunity to get on it ealier (I did), but what's the downside of opening it up again?

woodythehibee
22-06-2013, 08:45 AM
If Hibs are really serious about getting 11,000 season tickets they should bring back the payment plan. I know there was an opportunity to get on it ealier (I did), but what's the downside of opening it up again?

As mentioned earlier, you can make your own payment plan by using one of the many interest free credit cards I.e Tesco is 16 months

down-the-slope
22-06-2013, 09:00 AM

You damage the marketing for future years if there is an early renewal period where the club needs money in early and people start to think...no rush they will just extend it later...

There has to be some real benefit to committing early.

Also Hibs paid the interest on all early payment plans which cost a lot of potential income - but was done in response to feedback / and to get bigger early numbers..

The marketing Guys (not Rod) are doing a really good job of recent - Forever Green and this pointing out that we are now at the stage where we have everything in place we need to get the team on the pitch we all want (stadium / training facilities / Manager that most believe in / squad that has the skeleton of a decent side etc etc) all we need is a fuller stadium and we could really push on....

Hopefully we can make some headway in Europe as this will increase feel good factor as well as income....Imagine getting to group stage with teams that TV want to pay for.......

KdyHby
22-06-2013, 10:58 AM
As mentioned earlier, you can make your own payment plan by using one of the many interest free credit cards I.e Tesco is 16 months

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/credit-cards/best-0-credit-cards

J-C
22-06-2013, 11:36 AM

Agreed, you should be able to purchase a season ticket at any time prior to the season start, and have the ability to pay it up in stages, not just the early bird times.

marinello59
22-06-2013, 11:56 AM
Agreed, you should be able to purchase a season ticket at any time prior to the season start, and have the ability to pay it up in stages, not just the early bird times.

So instead of having all payments processed at the same time the club adds to the admin costs. That might be the difference between the club absorbing the interest rather than passing it on to the fans. If somebody passed on the option to pay up a season ticket in 11 payments then how on earth does paying it up in 8 or less payments suddenly become an attractive option? If you fail to take advantage of the excellent deal offered by the club then surely you use your own credit facility. The choice was there.

whiskyhibby
22-06-2013, 12:03 PM
Done my bit,renewed my season and 2 kicks for kids GGTTH

Spike Mandela
22-06-2013, 12:08 PM

........If they're relly serious they could go into administration. That's how big clubs do it?:cb

joe breezy
22-06-2013, 12:52 PM
I can't afford it right now - will just do the Hibernians - hope kick for kids is still open to buy in September - will do that

neilmartinrocks
22-06-2013, 03:00 PM
The Saturday at 3pm is vitally important to me, so for that reason i have not bought one this season.

I understand why folk say it should be irrelevant as times for games have changed now, but for me its a huge disruption.

Although after saying that, i hope we hit that target. :thumbsup:

Well said that man, I work weekends till 12.30, train leaves 13.02.
I have to ask 4 weeks in advance to get it switched.
Some games are switched with 2 weeks notice.
And my money as a walkup goes to hibs same as season ticket money, just not in one lump sum.
It's not an excuse it's a reason. And with the wages I'm on a bloody good one.

Pete
22-06-2013, 04:19 PM

It isn't but I reckon there is a cut-off point regarding how many matches you are likely to miss. I would totally understand someone who was going to miss half the matches not getting one and walking up.

However, they are actually better value than one might think compared to walk up prices. I calculated (fag packet stuff using averages and last years walk up prices) that a FF lower adult ticket is the same price as walking up for 15 matches, missing four. Anywhere else in the ground and OK, you might be "losing" money (£50 or £60) but it's not as if the money is going down the drain. It's going to the right place and if you can't make it, you will be there in spirit and you know you are helping. How much is this piece of mind, along with the other benefits that go with ST membership, actually worth?
Personally, I will probably make 3/4 of the games and was surprised when my ST still represented good value. Couple this with the fact my son is getting in for £25 compared with £180 if he were to walk up and it's a no-brainer. I think of the two ST's as a package and it helps demonstrate the savings. I'm quite lucky that I have cash savings I could raid and I'm going to gradually replace them every week I go with the price I would have paid walking up. I'll probably end up with more dosh at the end of the season!

Agree regarding the opportunity we have and I'm still a bit annoyed we didn't do more last season. The chance is still there though and we have to unite and really get behind everything. My mentality from now on will be to stop number-crunching when it comes to ST's as I know I'm getting a good deal. At the start of the season I'll think: That's my seat and that's the price for the whole year. Once I have it I'll really know I've done my bit to help the cause and put a team on the park.

edit: If my other half or anyone who knows her is reading, I'm only joking and wouldn't dare touch our savings!

Chuck Rhoades
22-06-2013, 04:32 PM
Far too many excuses on this thread.

KdyHby
22-06-2013, 04:48 PM

and when the annual Hibs Scottish Cup final comes round, many will be unhappy about not getting tickets.....:wink:

Purehibee_MYB
22-06-2013, 04:48 PM
I got one knowing I may well miss almost half of the home games but the price (me being a student) and payment plan (interest free) were too good to turn down. Plus it feels good to help the team! but that's just me and its easier for me with a student price, would not be able to afford a regular priced season ticket!

stoneyburn hibs
22-06-2013, 04:49 PM

Hopefully that was tongue in cheek Ross. Anybody who could afford/intended to renew should have taken up the March offer as it really was a cracking deal.

J-C
22-06-2013, 05:00 PM
So instead of having all payments processed at the same time the club adds to the admin costs. That might be the difference between the club absorbing the interest rather than passing it on to the fans. If somebody passed on the option to pay up a season ticket in 11 payments then how on earth does paying it up in 8 or less payments suddenly become an attractive option? If you fail to take advantage of the excellent deal offered by the club then surely you use your own credit facility. The choice was there..

In this day and age of electronic banking etc, how hard would it be to allow a later payment scheme that gives you say 6 monthly payments if you take it up after the early bird scheme. Surely by giving people another option when money may be more available could be looked at. A lot of people nowadays don't want to commit due to money worries, giving them a longer period to take up a direct debit scheme could be looked at, money in is surely a priority, whenever it comes in.

KdyHby
22-06-2013, 05:14 PM
From here:

THE LONGEST 0% DEALS

The main aim is to find the card which will give you the longest 0% introductory deal. The 'go to' rate that cards jump to after the 0% periods are also listed, but as these cards are only for tarts/quick repayers this shouldn't affect you.

These cards are getting more competitive, so now you may also pick based on extra perks, such as cashback.

HALIFAX
17 mths 0% on spending
TESCO
16 mths 0% + Clubcard points
FLUID
16 mths 0% on spending

Halifax - 17 months 0%Some may get 12 or 9 months 0% on purchases

Spending length: 17 months 0%Rep variable APR: 16.9% (Official APR Example)Card issuer: Mastercard Min income: N/A Min repay : Greater of 1% of balance plus interest or £5
This Halifax card has 0% on purchases for 17 months. But only a minimum of 51% of applicants will get the deal - the rest will either get 12 or 9 months 0%.

The promotional 17 months 0% will be given to "at least" 51% of those accepted. The rest will either get 12 or 9 months 0%. So only apply if you have a top credit rating, otherwise look at the other options here, like Tesco below.

The interest rate after is 16.9% representative APR. If you don't get the 17-month deal it'll be either 21.9% or 25.9%, so make sure you've paid it off, or you're ready to shift the debt to a new balance transfer card.

16 months 0% purchase cardTesco, plus collect Clubcard points

Spending length: 16 months 0%Rep variable APR: 16.9% (Official APR Example)Card issuer: Mastercard Min income: £5,000 Min repay : Greater of 1% of balance plus interest or £25
The Tesco* Clubcard Credit Card gives 0% for 16 months on new purchases. You must earn over £5,000 in order to apply. After the 0% rate ends, it's 16.9% representative APR after, so ensure you've repaid in full or switch to a top balance transfer card.

Spending rewards. Every time you spend you get Tesco Clubcard points - one for every £4 spent. If redeemed for Tesco's Clubcard Rewards, they're worth about 3p each, making this equivalent to a 0.75% cashback card.
You can get a slightly shorter-length 0% period with Marks and Spencer, plus reward points to spend in there - good if you shop there more than Tesco - see full details.

Tesco often has special deals where you can collect extra Clubcard points, and sometimes even make a profit. For more details, read the Boost Tesco Clubcard Points guide. If you're a big M&S shopper, see its card below, although it does offer a slightly shorter 0% deal.

Fluid* - 16 months 0% purchase cardAlso offers 14 months on balance transfers

Spending length: 16 months 0%Rep variable APR: 16.9% (Official APR Example)Card issuer: Visa Min income: N/A Min repay : Greater of 1% of balance plus interest or £25
This Fluid* card (you can use our pre-apply eligibility checker for this card) has 0% on purchases for 16 months.

The Fluid card range tends to accept people who have 'okay' rather than tip-top credit ratings, so use the eligibility checker to find out your chances.

If you haven't managed to pay off your purchases balance by the time the 16 months is up, then you'll pay 16.9% representative APR on the balance left. If can't pay it off in time, shift the debt to a balance transfer card.

15 months 0% purchase card NatWest/RBS, plus earn points to spend at Amazon, Boots, M&S

Representative variable rate: 16.9% APR Official APR ExampleMin spend trigger: NoneFreebie: 2,500 points, enough for a £10 voucher Min income: £10,000 Min repay : Greater of 1% of balance plus interest, or £5
The YourPoints World cards from NatWest* and RBS*both give 0% for 15 months on new purchases (you can use our pre-application eligibility checker for these cards: NatWest, RBS). After the 0% rate ends, they're 16.9% representative APR, so ensure you've repaid in full or switch to a top balance transfer card.

Free £10 Amazon voucher and spending rewards. You'll get 2,500 bonus YourPoints - enough for a £10 voucher to spend at Amazon, Boots, M&S and others with points to spare - when you successfully apply, and on your card's anniversary each year after. You'll accrue YourPoints - one for every £1 spent - with double points for 15 months.
Similar 0% periods are available with Tesco and Marks & Spencer, along with reward points you can spend in each store - good if you regularly shop in either of them.

15 months 0% purchase cardM&S, plus 0.5% back in vouchers

Spending length: 15 months 0%Rep variable APR: 16.9% (Official APR Example)Card issuer: Mastercard Min income: N/A Min repay : Greater of 1% of balance plus interest, 2.5% or £5
The M&S* credit card offers 0% on spending for a slightly shorter 15 months (you can use our pre-application eligibility checker for this card). After this, the rate jumps to 16.9% representative APR.

Spending rewards. You also collect points as you spend, which are converted into Marks & Spencer vouchers quarterly. You get 0.5% back on most purchases (50p per £100 spend) and 1% when you spend in M&S.

DH1875
22-06-2013, 05:44 PM
From here:

THE LONGEST 0% DEALS

The main aim is to find the card which will give you the longest 0% introductory deal. The 'go to' rate that cards jump to after the 0% periods are also listed, but as these cards are only for tarts/quick repayers this shouldn't affect you.

These cards are getting more competitive, so now you may also pick based on extra perks, such as cashback.

HALIFAX
17 mths 0% on spending
TESCO
16 mths 0% + Clubcard points
FLUID
16 mths 0% on spending

Halifax - 17 months 0%Some may get 12 or 9 months 0% on purchases

Spending length: 17 months 0%Rep variable APR: 16.9% (Official APR Example)Card issuer: Mastercard Min income: N/A Min repay : Greater of 1% of balance plus interest or £5
This Halifax card has 0% on purchases for 17 months. But only a minimum of 51% of applicants will get the deal - the rest will either get 12 or 9 months 0%.

The promotional 17 months 0% will be given to "at least" 51% of those accepted. The rest will either get 12 or 9 months 0%. So only apply if you have a top credit rating, otherwise look at the other options here, like Tesco below.

The interest rate after is 16.9% representative APR. If you don't get the 17-month deal it'll be either 21.9% or 25.9%, so make sure you've paid it off, or you're ready to shift the debt to a new balance transfer card.

16 months 0% purchase cardTesco, plus collect Clubcard points

Spending length: 16 months 0%Rep variable APR: 16.9% (Official APR Example)Card issuer: Mastercard Min income: £5,000 Min repay : Greater of 1% of balance plus interest or £25
The Tesco* Clubcard Credit Card gives 0% for 16 months on new purchases. You must earn over £5,000 in order to apply. After the 0% rate ends, it's 16.9% representative APR after, so ensure you've repaid in full or switch to a top balance transfer card.

Spending rewards. Every time you spend you get Tesco Clubcard points - one for every £4 spent. If redeemed for Tesco's Clubcard Rewards, they're worth about 3p each, making this equivalent to a 0.75% cashback card.
You can get a slightly shorter-length 0% period with Marks and Spencer, plus reward points to spend in there - good if you shop there more than Tesco - see full details.

Tesco often has special deals where you can collect extra Clubcard points, and sometimes even make a profit. For more details, read the Boost Tesco Clubcard Points guide. If you're a big M&S shopper, see its card below, although it does offer a slightly shorter 0% deal.

Fluid* - 16 months 0% purchase cardAlso offers 14 months on balance transfers

Spending length: 16 months 0%Rep variable APR: 16.9% (Official APR Example)Card issuer: Visa Min income: N/A Min repay : Greater of 1% of balance plus interest or £25
This Fluid* card (you can use our pre-apply eligibility checker for this card) has 0% on purchases for 16 months.

The Fluid card range tends to accept people who have 'okay' rather than tip-top credit ratings, so use the eligibility checker to find out your chances.

If you haven't managed to pay off your purchases balance by the time the 16 months is up, then you'll pay 16.9% representative APR on the balance left. If can't pay it off in time, shift the debt to a balance transfer card.

15 months 0% purchase card NatWest/RBS, plus earn points to spend at Amazon, Boots, M&S

Representative variable rate: 16.9% APR Official APR ExampleMin spend trigger: NoneFreebie: 2,500 points, enough for a £10 voucher Min income: £10,000 Min repay : Greater of 1% of balance plus interest, or £5
The YourPoints World cards from NatWest* and RBS*both give 0% for 15 months on new purchases (you can use our pre-application eligibility checker for these cards: NatWest, RBS). After the 0% rate ends, they're 16.9% representative APR, so ensure you've repaid in full or switch to a top balance transfer card.

Free £10 Amazon voucher and spending rewards. You'll get 2,500 bonus YourPoints - enough for a £10 voucher to spend at Amazon, Boots, M&S and others with points to spare - when you successfully apply, and on your card's anniversary each year after. You'll accrue YourPoints - one for every £1 spent - with double points for 15 months.
Similar 0% periods are available with Tesco and Marks & Spencer, along with reward points you can spend in each store - good if you regularly shop in either of them.

15 months 0% purchase cardM&S, plus 0.5% back in vouchers

Spending length: 15 months 0%Rep variable APR: 16.9% (Official APR Example)Card issuer: Mastercard Min income: N/A Min repay : Greater of 1% of balance plus interest, 2.5% or £5
The M&S* credit card offers 0% on spending for a slightly shorter 15 months (you can use our pre-application eligibility checker for this card). After this, the rate jumps to 16.9% representative APR.

Spending rewards. You also collect points as you spend, which are converted into Marks & Spencer vouchers quarterly. You get 0.5% back on most purchases (50p per £100 spend) and 1% when you spend in M&S.

Aye very good. And what about all of us who have a poor credit rating :dunno:. I'd love to renew but sad fact is I missed more than half our games last season. If it were a game or two the fair do's but I can't justify it. It's not even just the ST, I'm roughly £40/£50 a time on top of that. If I stayed in Edinburgh I'd probably buy one, but I don't. As it stands I'll be buying a ST around christmas time so should we make another final I'll be sorted.

tanfield
22-06-2013, 06:18 PM
I'm going to get my first season ticket for almost 20 years on Monday, plus my kids are getting their first ones. if you can afford it, now is the time to support your club!

matty_f
22-06-2013, 08:07 PM
Hibs and the Yams have both appealed for 3000 extra season ticket sales this week, but for entirely different reasons.

The Yams need it to survive a couple of months. There is no hope of adding to their squad, if they don't make that figure they have to cross their fingers to hope someone is mug enough to bid for a player or two. If that doesn't happen, it's curtains.

Hibs, on the other hand, have asked for our help - our support - to help Pat strengthen the team. To bring better players in for our benefit. Think of the difference that could make to the season, especially against the Yams. If we both sold the extra 3k tickets, the very best they can hope for is that they don't get any worse than they are already. We get to put even more distance between us as clubs.

Go and buy a season ticket if you can. The difference you can make to the club we love is massive. Getting behind the club now will help ensure we never have to face what the Yams are facing now. It shouldn't take our club to be in crisis to get people to help.

Come on Hibees, you know it makes sense!:flag:

3pm
22-06-2013, 08:10 PM
if Hibs shift 3000, we're signing Griffiths. :cb

:greengrin

matty_f
22-06-2013, 08:26 PM
I got one knowing I may well miss almost half of the home games but the price (me being a student) and payment plan (interest free) were too good to turn down. Plus it feels good to help the team! but that's just me and its easier for me with a student price, would not be able to afford a regular priced season ticket!

I have to work Sundays now, so I'm in the same boat - hit and miss if I'll make it to a Sunday game, and I work weekday evenings as well, so anything but a Friday night means holidays, shift swaps etc. Still get the season ticket though because a) it helps the club in a way that they want the most, and b) I love having my own seat at the stadium with my son and my dad. :thumbsup:

Every ticket helps.:agree:

bighairyfaeleith
22-06-2013, 08:49 PM
Bought my ticket on the 11 month plan, I won't make more than 2/3 of the games this season however at £35 a month I don't really care.

Happy if the club do this each year as it will allow me to keep my season ticket going, I'm someone that never has a few hundred quid lying, but don't really notice the £35 leaving my account each month.

wazoo1875
22-06-2013, 09:24 PM
Hibs and the Yams have both appealed for 3000 extra season ticket sales this week, but for entirely different reasons.

The Yams need it to survive a couple of months. There is no hope of adding to their squad, if they don't make that figure they have to cross their fingers to hope someone is mug enough to bid for a player or two. If that doesn't happen, it's curtains.

Hibs, on the other hand, have asked for our help - our support - to help Pat strengthen the team. To bring better players in for our benefit. Think of the difference that could make to the season, especially against the Yams. If we both sold the extra 3k tickets, the very best they can hope for is that they don't get any worse than they are already. We get to put even more distance between us as clubs.

Go and buy a season ticket if you can. The difference you can make to the club we love is massive. Getting behind the club now will help ensure we never have to face what the Yams are facing now. It shouldn't take our club to be in crisis to get people to help.

Come on Hibees, you know it makes sense!:flag:

Excellent post Rod erm... Matty !!
I've been thinking about this aswell and I'm glad Rods came out and asked fans to step up again. For one thing it'll make sure there is never the faintest chance we'll end up like our chums over the road. It'll also give us a right good chance of securing second spot in the league. C'mon Hibbies if you can do it, dig deep and come and and support the team. We're far and away the best placed team to progress in the league with our infrastructure. I'd love to see easter road almost full like the days of mogga. GGTTH

Scouse Hibee
22-06-2013, 10:48 PM
I can't see another 3 thousand being sold at this stage TBH.

matty_f
22-06-2013, 11:00 PM

While I think you're right, I wish we'd be proved wrong. I think it's very bold of the board to stick a target out there, and I'd love to see the Hibs fans rise to the challenge.

For me, I'd hate to be a year or two down the line looking back and thinking "if only we'd had a bit more ambition as a support".

Stevie Reid
22-06-2013, 11:11 PM
While I think you're right, I wish we'd be proved wrong. I think it's very bold of the board to stick a target out there, and I'd love to see the Hibs fans rise to the challenge.

For me, I'd hate to be a year or two down the line looking back and thinking "if only we'd had a bit more ambition as a support".

Spot on Matty. To recover from where we were a year ago to now is superb. And with no Rangers for at least a couple of years and Hearts on their knees, our fan base can make a bigger impact on their club than anyone on the league outwith Celtic.

blackpoolhibs
22-06-2013, 11:41 PM
It isn't but I reckon there is a cut-off point regarding how many matches you are likely to miss. I would totally understand someone who was going to miss half the matches not getting one and walking up.

However, they are actually better value than one might think compared to walk up prices. I calculated (fag packet stuff using averages and last years walk up prices) that a FF lower adult ticket is the same price as walking up for 15 matches, missing four. Anywhere else in the ground and OK, you might be "losing" money (£50 or £60) but it's not as if the money is going down the drain. It's going to the right place and if you can't make it, you will be there in spirit and you know you are helping. How much is this piece of mind, along with the other benefits that go with ST membership, actually worth?
Personally, I will probably make 3/4 of the games and was surprised when my ST still represented good value. Couple this with the fact my son is getting in for £25 compared with £180 if he were to walk up and it's a no-brainer. I think of the two ST's as a package and it helps demonstrate the savings. I'm quite lucky that I have cash savings I could raid and I'm going to gradually replace them every week I go with the price I would have paid walking up. I'll probably end up with more dosh at the end of the season!

Agree regarding the opportunity we have and I'm still a bit annoyed we didn't do more last season. The chance is still there though and we have to unite and really get behind everything. My mentality from now on will be to stop number-crunching when it comes to ST's as I know I'm getting a good deal. At the start of the season I'll think: That's my seat and that's the price for the whole year. Once I have it I'll really know I've done my bit to help the cause and put a team on the park.

edit: If my other half or anyone who knows her is reading, I'm only joking and wouldn't dare touch our savings!

Thats it in a nutshell for me, i was happy a few years ago with missing a few because of the odd game being changed for tv. the straw that broke the camels back for me was postponing the game against St Johnstone so we can play Sunderland on a saturday in front of 5000 fans, maybe half their support?

Eventually enough was enough for me, and i will just pay at the gate. There is absolutely no chance i will be getting a season ticket in the foreseeable future, its just not worth it for me now, even though it was not worth it before.

You can only take the piss for so long in my opinion.

FifeHibernian
23-06-2013, 09:47 AM
I love this positivity! There's a specific target and everything which is good. Hopefully we can bring it up to 11000

marinello59
23-06-2013, 09:56 AM
Thats it in a nutshell for me, i was happy a few years ago with missing a few because of the odd game being changed for tv. the straw that broke the camels back for me was postponing the game against St Johnstone so we can play Sunderland on a saturday in front of 5000 fans, maybe half their support?

Eventually enough was enough for me, and i will just pay at the gate. There is absolutely no chance i will be getting a season ticket in the foreseeable future, its just not worth it for me now, even though it was not worth it before.

You can only take the piss for so long in my opinion.

We get it, you are not renewing. :greengrin
Hopefully there are lots out there who will answer the call, we really do have the chance to cement a rosy future here, it's in our own hands. Onwards and upwards.:thumbsup:

hfc rd
23-06-2013, 10:05 AM
It would be absolutely tremendous if we managed to get 11,000 ST sold. A fair bit more money for Pat to spend. All their would be is for the players to do the business on the pitch where it matters and hopefully their will be more coming through the turnstiles.

Jones28
23-06-2013, 12:39 PM
Very ambitious at this stage, but it would be amazing if we could reach it! :thumbsup:

Scouse Hibee
23-06-2013, 12:57 PM
The rigidity of a ST bears no resemblance to the flexability given to fixtures and hasn't done for years, for that reason alone we will never again reach previous sales regardless of what is happening on the pitch IMO.

GoldenEagle
23-06-2013, 01:09 PM
The rigidity of a ST bears no resemblance to the flexability given to fixtures and hasn't done for years, for that reason alone we will never again reach previous sales regardless of what is happening on the pitch IMO.

I can't recall Hibs ever selling more than 10k ST's?

Dashing Bob S
23-06-2013, 03:02 PM
I can't recall Hibs ever selling more than 10k ST's?

Sold 11,000 under Mowbray.

Spike Mandela
23-06-2013, 03:11 PM

:agree: Can't see under what premise these extra 3000 tickets will be sold. We are off the back of a mediocre campaign an insipid cup final performance and have lost our top striker with as yet no sign of a decent replacement. Thankfully we don't also have the added 'incentive' of the Hearts fans of trying to keep their club alive.

Ok Rod if you want people to buy the extra 3000 do something which could persuade them to do it.

AngusHibby
23-06-2013, 03:15 PM
anyway the number sold can be added up? I have nothing better to do and will count dots if someone links me to the stadium plan haha

KdyHby
23-06-2013, 03:38 PM
Aye very good. And what about all of us who have a poor credit rating :dunno:.

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/banking/credit-unions

http://www.findyourcreditunion.co.uk/home

Scouse Hibee
23-06-2013, 03:49 PM
:agree: Can't see under what premise these extra 3000 tickets will be sold. We are off the back of a mediocre campaign an insipid cup final performance and have lost our top striker with as yet no sign of a decent replacement. Thankfully we don't also have the added 'incentive' of the Hearts fans of trying to keep their club alive.

Ok Rod if you want people to buy the extra 3000 do something which could persuade them to do it.

:agree: Exactly it does my bleedin nut in all this calling to arms of the supporters many of whom can barely afford to live these days, let alone pour money into Hibs so they can watch overpaid players put in piss poor performances and then drive away in their flash cars to piss it up every weekend. RANT OVER.

tanfield
24-06-2013, 09:25 AM
4 new season tickets bought! :)

GreenCastle
24-06-2013, 06:32 PM
Just persuaded a good friend to buy 3.

Do your part and try and convince friends / family to get tickets.

This is our time to make Hibs stronger!

SMAXXA
24-06-2013, 06:34 PM
Just persuaded a good friend to buy 3.

Do your part and try and convince friends / family to get tickets.

This is our time to make Hibs stronger!

Father in law and his mate got 2 for this season, they didn't bother last season.

frazeHFC
24-06-2013, 06:44 PM
To be honest even when we announced we had sold 8,000 I was fairly pleased considering how bad our league positions have been the last few years. If we can get it over 9,500 then I think that is a decent achievement, and anything over 10,000 would be great.

GreenCastle
24-06-2013, 06:49 PM
I think right now as fans we seem to be quite comfortable with the amount we have sold - and yes it's a pretty good effort.

But we should really be pushing this and getting more to come along to ER when possible - when the stadium is more busy it makes a better match day experience and also gives the club much needed funds.

Scottish football, the yams, sevco are all struggling - prime time to grow Hibs as a club :agree: Don't wait till next season - help now!

Zazu62
24-06-2013, 07:01 PM
How many did we sell last year?

brog
24-06-2013, 07:18 PM
How many did we sell last year?

8,000 I believe. The big team off the best result in their history sold 8,500!

Scouse Hibee
24-06-2013, 07:44 PM
Just get all of the players to take wage cuts....................problem solved!

monktonharp
24-06-2013, 07:54 PM
:agree: Exactly it does my bleedin nut in all this calling to arms of the supporters many of whom can barely afford to live these days, let alone pour money into Hibs so they can watch overpaid players put in piss poor performances and then drive away in their flash cars to piss it up every weekend. RANT OVER.

RANT NOTED:wink: but, as they say, you get what you pay for. in other words if the suggested "fan base/potential size of HFC" is what some say, why does it not grow, when after 2 cup finals on the trot (don't remind me of the outcomes), and a feel good feeling all round,added to the woes of our erstwhile chums, I see nothing wrong and everything to gain by the club asking Hibernian fans to go that extra mile this season. get a season ticket. I've got mine, and I know where my club are playing this season

Scouse Hibee
24-06-2013, 08:11 PM
RANT NOTED:wink: but, as they say, you get what you pay for. in other words if the suggested "fan base/potential size of HFC" is what some say, why does it not grow, when after 2 cup finals on the trot (don't remind me of the outcomes), and a feel good feeling all round,added to the woes of our erstwhile chums, I see nothing wrong and everything to gain by the club asking Hibernian fans to go that extra mile this season. get a season ticket. I've got mine, and I know where my club are playing this season

That's my point you certainly do not get what you pay for when you equate a players wage to what they actually do!

Holmesdale Hibs
24-06-2013, 08:21 PM
That's my point you certainly do not get what you pay for when you equate a players wage to what they actually do!

I see where you're coming from but I think you're rant is more applicable to mediocre EPL players than Hibs players. Not sure how much our players earn but when you take in to account that they will retire in their mid-thirties (if they're lucky enough not to be injured or emptied) and with no qualifications then I doubt it's an obscene amount of money.

Or maybe I'm grossly underestimating how much we pay our players?

Scouse Hibee
24-06-2013, 08:28 PM
I see where you're coming from but I think you're rant is more applicable to mediocre EPL players than Hibs players. Not sure how much our players earn but when you take in to account that they will retire in their mid-thirties (if they're lucky enough not to be injured or emptied) and with no qualifications then I doubt it's an obscene amount of money.

Or maybe I'm grossly underestimating how much we pay our players?

Not that old chesnut please.

NAE NOOKIE
24-06-2013, 08:51 PM

Thats no just Hibs mate ........ thats professional football.

I dont think Hibs are suggesting that folk over reach themselves to buy season tickets, at least I certainly hope not. If you are in a position to buy a ST then fine.

But when you think about it you can turn on your telly and see folk selling Jaguar cars and holidays that cost 4 times what a season ticket for Hibs does. Should we all sign a petition to get these ads removed because 90% of the folk watching probably cant even afford a 10 year old Vauxhall Corsa and a week at Butlins.

Its the job of the folk running Hibs to maximize the clubs income and of all the businesses out there football clubs are in a unique position due to the fact that their customers also have an emotional attachment to the business. It would be missing a trick not to appeal to that.

Dont get me wrong ..... Football more than any other business takes the peesh out of its customers: In real life you would laugh yer erchie off if somebody asked you to pay £5 for a cup of water with an OXO cube in it and a brick hard steak pie. Or £44 for what in effect is a T shirt worth about £5.

As fans we put up with it because hey ho thats football and at least the club gets something out of it. But, any club which fails to recognize the fact that we know we are being ripped off and tries to take it too far ................. Thats a club in trouble. As I feel a lot of clubs in the EPL are about to find out when the fledgling protest against the mental ticket prices begins to grow.

Scouse Hibee
24-06-2013, 08:55 PM

I dont think Hibs are suggesting that folk over reach themselves to buy season tickets, at least I certainly hope not. If you are in a position to buy a ST then fine.

But when you think about it you can turn on your telly and see folk selling Jaguar cars and holidays that cost 4 times what a season ticket for Hibs does. Should we all sign a petition to get these ads removed because 90% of the folk watching probably cant even afford a 10 year old Vauxhall Corsa and a week at Butlins.

Its the job of the folk running Hibs to maximize the clubs income and of all the businesses out there football clubs are in a unique position due to the fact that their customers also have an emotional attachment to the business. It would be missing a trick not to appeal to that.

Dont get me wrong ..... Football more than any other business takes the peesh out of its customers: In real life you would laugh yer erchie off if somebody asked you to pay £5 for a cup of water with an OXO cube in it and a brick hard steak pie. Or £44 for what in effect is a T shirt worth about £5.

As fans we put up with it because hey ho thats football and at least the club gets something out of it. But, any club which fails to recognize the fact that we know we are being ripped off and tries to take it too far ................. Thats a club in trouble. As I feel a lot of clubs in the EPL are about to find out when the fledgling protest against the mental ticket prices begins to grow.

Aye I know, I was just hoping to provoke some decent responses, good post mate spot on. :aok:

monktonharp
24-06-2013, 09:09 PM
Aye I know, I was just hoping to provoke some decent responses, good post mate spot on. :aok: so mine's is a loada pish then?:greengrin

Scouse Hibee
24-06-2013, 09:34 PM
so mine's is a loada pish then?:greengrin

Aye pretty much :wink: :greengrin

mutley
24-06-2013, 09:43 PM
At the start of the season, I wonder if they will publicise how many STs sold. Just out of curiosity really.
Breaking the 10k barrier would be fantastic.

GreenCastle
26-06-2013, 01:08 PM
Bump...:pfgwa

Lucius Apuleius
27-06-2013, 06:34 AM

Absolutely correct. I have never understood why people complain when Hibs come out and ask for money, it is to me exactly the same as M&S advertising their products. Just as an aside, where can you buy a good Jaguar for 1600 quid? I've been ripped off big time!!!!

lyonhibs
27-06-2013, 10:24 AM
I'm just wondering, given Petrie's well known - and absolutely admirable in the light of the ****storm happening over yonder - focus on the bottom line, whether this 11,000 target has been "issued" not just from a "wouldn't it be great if ER was fuller every week" POV but also - factoring in that we will most probably have no income from the Derby or the Huns season after next (if not - ideally - sooner than that) - issued with an element of "guys, we more or less need to reach 11,000 ST for things to remain as comfortable as they are financially".

And make no mistake, with the exception of Celtc, Hibs are - comparatively - absolutely gravy from a financial POV vs the rest of the SPL.

ManBearPig
27-06-2013, 10:35 AM
Anyone have any idea of up to date figures for season tickets sold?

patlowe
27-06-2013, 12:18 PM
I'm just wondering, given Petrie's well known - and absolutely admirable in the light of the ****storm happening over yonder - focus on the bottom line, whether this 11,000 target has been "issued" not just from a "wouldn't it be great if ER was fuller every week" POV but also - factoring in that we will most probably have no income from the Derby or the Huns season after next (if not - ideally - sooner than that) - issued with an element of "guys, we more or less need to reach 11,000 ST for things to remain as comfortable as they are financially".

And make no mistake, with the exception of Celtc, Hibs are - comparatively - absolutely gravy from a financial POV vs the rest of the SPL.

That's how I took it.

GreenCastle
27-06-2013, 03:12 PM
Anyone know the rough figures of ST sold for the SPL teams?

DanTheMan
27-06-2013, 04:44 PM
Apologies if already asked.

Bought my season ticket online, will it be posted out or do I have to collect it?

The email isn't very clear.

green glory
27-06-2013, 07:48 PM

Bought my season ticket online, will it be posted out or do I have to collect it?

It'll be posted out in July.

Viva_Palmeiras
28-06-2013, 07:07 AM

What email? I didn't get one. When was it sent?
Maybe need To check my spam folder...

mutley
28-06-2013, 07:43 AM
Apologies if already asked.Bought my season ticket online, will it be posted out or do I have to collect it? The email isn't very clear. Think you only need to collect if it's a student ticket ( for proof).I never got an email either though! I just know they are ready sometime in July

shezer
28-06-2013, 05:18 PM
Looking at the dots there on the online season ticket shop and it doesn't look like we have 8000 Sts sold. Is there something wronf with it. I thought a few sections were sold out:confused:

FranckSuzy
30-06-2013, 10:54 PM

That's how I took it.

TBH, I took it as a subtle wee dig at the WWI winners over the road needing the mythical figure of 3,000 additional (or duplicate :wink:) ST sales to survive the close season :agree:.

Stuarty27
30-06-2013, 11:01 PM
If they want another 3,000 season tickets maybe they should buy a striker at least...

matty_f
30-06-2013, 11:18 PM
If they want another 3,000 season tickets maybe they should buy a striker at least...

If we got the money from 3k season tickets we'd have the money to buy a striker...

LeighLoyal
30-06-2013, 11:31 PM
If we got the money from 3k season tickets we'd have the money to buy a striker...

Just one striker? :rolleyes:

matty_f
30-06-2013, 11:34 PM
Just one striker? :rolleyes:

Aye, a good one though. :greengrin:

Hibby Kay-Yay
01-07-2013, 09:17 AM
With the rumours getting cranked up with more signings, especially strikers then I hope we'll see a surge in ST sales.

We've got a good chance to improve and make top 3 next season.

GreenCastle
02-07-2013, 03:45 PM
:pfgwa

Get supporting the club!