PDA

View Full Version : Kevin Thomson contract offer? (merged)

JCHibby
12-06-2013, 11:17 AM
Would love to see him sign for next season, showed last year how good he is. Get a good pre-season and what a player to have.

scoopyboy
12-06-2013, 11:33 AM
Would love to see him sign for next season, showed last year how good he is. Get a good pre-season and what a player to have.

I'm not fussed one way or the other whether he signs, I never however came away from any game he played in thinking that he was really good.

He played well in some games but IMO was never outstanding in any.

proud_and_green
12-06-2013, 11:37 AM
I'm not fussed one way or the other whether he signs, I never however came away from any game he played in thinking that he was really good.

He played well in some games but IMO was never outstanding in any.

I agree with this, i don't think his workrate was particularly great and consequently didn't contribute massively to the overall performance. No doubt he is a (or was) a good player but i wouldn't be disappointed if he wasn't back next year.

Big_Franck
12-06-2013, 11:56 AM
In his appearances for us last season Thomson was no better than Claro and Taiwo, and in a few games was poorer than them. I kept hearing about his quality but he rarely showed it. Claros should be more of a priority IMO, especially when you consider that Thomson is injury prone. If we can get him signed up on an average squad wage then we should do it, otherwise he will be no great loss.

Fergus52
12-06-2013, 11:57 AM
Good player, but we have enough CMs as it is.

Plus I'd rather we keep claros

hibee
12-06-2013, 12:00 PM
I didn't see anything from him that suggested he should be offered a contract. He was way off the pace in most games and pretty anonymous so would rather keep Claros who is willing to put in a decent 90 minute shift every game.

Heisenberg
12-06-2013, 12:05 PM
Not bothered either way tbh. We've got other parts of the team that need strengthened first and KT didnt show that he's any better than Taiwo IMO.

Spudster
12-06-2013, 12:07 PM

Didn't even realise he was playing in the final till the 62minute, then he demanded alot of the ball and couldn't create anything.

cloudy
12-06-2013, 12:17 PM
Played out of position in the final, easily our best defensive midfielder but doesn't look like paddy agrees, KT would love a new deal but doesn't look like he's getting offered one

brydekirk
12-06-2013, 01:06 PM
No that bothered, he had time to prove he is still hungry to play for us. He never managed that IMO. Seen to many players coming to hibs lately to top up there pensions.

LancashireHibby
12-06-2013, 01:08 PM
Thought he played reasonably well in the last derby, but other than that the games just seemed to pass him by. If he's on a cheap deal then I wouldn't be unhappy if we re-signed him, but likewise I wouldn't be too bothered if he went elsewhere.

darwenhibby
12-06-2013, 01:08 PM
Perhaps a pay as you play deal!
Like thommo as a player, still grieves me what he did to break up that you g team!
Pay as you play deal will show how much he wants to play for us again I the short to medium term!

Notahappyhibee
12-06-2013, 01:12 PM

Agreed

jacomo
12-06-2013, 01:18 PM
Played out of position in the final, easily our best defensive midfielder but doesn't look like paddy agrees, KT would love a new deal but doesn't look like he's getting offered one

Thanks for your views Katie! :aok: :wink:

I do agree that his position is central mid, not wide. But he was never a dynamic, box-to-box midfielder and that's what we need.

lucky
12-06-2013, 01:37 PM
Very poor in the final but as others have said he is not a wide midfielder. Not that fussed if signs or not but he does seem to try and slow the game down too much.

blackpoolhibs
12-06-2013, 01:47 PM
Not needed now, and never done anywhere near enough to make the manager think he's near the player he was, or warrant the wage he'd want.

NatureBoy
12-06-2013, 01:55 PM
Like the majority of the posters I'm ambivalent as to giving KT a deal. I was excited at the prospect of him coming back but for me hasn't shown enough to warrant remaining excited. There were flashes of brilliant vision and they player he was I just have a feeling that due to shocking luck on the injury front his best days are behind him.

Kenny1875
12-06-2013, 01:57 PM
No that bothered, he had time to prove he is still hungry to play for us. He never managed that IMO. Seen to many players coming to hibs lately to top up there pensions.

He'd have had a tough time topping up his pension considering he was playing for free.

steviehibsleith
12-06-2013, 02:01 PM
Not needed now, and never done anywhere near enough to make the manager think he's near the player he was, or warrant the wage he'd want.

Are you Pat Fenlon ? Do you go to training every day to make this assessment of not near good enough.

I would like to see a fully fit KT before i judge him, he has had serious injuries with long lay offs so will never be the player he was but he is only 28 and is a professional off and on the park.

brydekirk
12-06-2013, 02:01 PM
He'd have had a tough time topping up his pension considering he was playing for free.

Not if he signed up for next season he wont be !!

happiehibbie
12-06-2013, 02:54 PM
Am i reading this right KT did nothing for Hibs. I must watch a diffrent game from some of the posters on here.

KT can play and is a class act compared to the players being mentioned here.

I did not want to forgive him but what I saw was a player way above the standard we have at the moment

We got big money when he left (although cut himself on his trasvel along the M8)

he went down south bad injury (Again)

I would have |KT in my team but have it on good authority he is heading west

scoopyboy
12-06-2013, 03:01 PM
Am i reading this right KT did nothing for Hibs. I must watch a diffrent game from some of the posters on here.

KT can play and is a class act compared to the players being mentioned here.

I did not want to forgive him but what I saw was a player way above the standard we have at the moment

We got big money when he left (although cut himself on his trasvel along the M8)

he went down south bad injury (Again)

I would have |KT in my team but have it on good authority he is heading west

Based on what?

In his career I would agree, based on his return to us I would disagree.

I thought at Tynecastle he was good but in others very ordinary.

blackpoolhibs
12-06-2013, 03:06 PM
Are you Pat Fenlon ? Do you go to training every day to make this assessment of not near good enough.

I would like to see a fully fit KT before i judge him, he has had serious injuries with long lay offs so will never be the player he was but he is only 28 and is a professional off and on the park.

When will we see a fully fit KT, for that to MAYBE happen at Hibs he'd have to either sign on again for nowt or sign a new contract?

He was not worth a new contract based on what he showed last season.

Pretty Boy
12-06-2013, 03:07 PM
Thought KT played in fits and starts in his spell with us.

Looked to me as though the mind knew what he wanted to do but the body wasn't always willing. Played out of position or not he was a million mile off the pace in the final.

Can't fault his attitude but not convinced it wouldn't be money better spent elsewhere.

stoneyburn hibs
12-06-2013, 03:09 PM

Yes I would rather keep Claros if it was one or the other, based on the games that Thomson played last season.

SMAXXA
12-06-2013, 03:09 PM
We have offered him a contract, he has an offer from down south aswell which is the only other concrete but likely that he will sign for us as he wants to stay up here, unless something else much better comes up.

EVENTUALLY
12-06-2013, 03:10 PM
When will we see a fully fit KT, for that to MAYBE happen at Hibs he'd have to either sign on again for nowt or sign a new contract?

Totally agree. I'd far rather give young David Gold an opportunity in the 1st team.

HibbyAndy
12-06-2013, 03:15 PM
Nae great loss.

Contributed not alot.

steviehibsleith
12-06-2013, 03:23 PM

Happy hibbie is stating he has it on good authority he is heading West

Smaxaa says Hibs have offered him a contract and looks like He Is staying.

You missed my point - you dont see what he does in training or how he is improving as he gets fitter PF does.

I do agree he hasnt been as Good as Claros or Taiwoo but I think when fully fit he will do a job. Match fittness and on par with everyone else if he does pre- season then judge.

Hero76
12-06-2013, 03:24 PM
KT is what we need at Hibs a half fit KT is better than what we got , the boy is a class act.

happiehibbie
12-06-2013, 03:47 PM
He may well have been offered a new contract ( I dont Know this)

what I can tell you is I fix a lot of high profile footballers cars (not easy fixing hoopers following cup final weekend) but I know he is mates with several based west coast players and is waiting on the transfer thingy getting sotered on but is defo heading to New Co

Words from my source " He could sit around and await the new season or play for Hibs show he could still play until New co signed him "

BUT you never know in Footie we all claim to know whats going on behind closed doors. I dont want to name the guy who is telling me as i want to continue fixing the cars. He knows everyone in celtic from chairman to tea lady

KT is a Graet player he played for nothing! was he really going to get stuck in to challanges i dont think so

Heisenberg
12-06-2013, 03:48 PM
KT is what we need at Hibs a half fit KT is better than what we got , the boy is a class act.

Not true.

blackpoolhibs
12-06-2013, 03:57 PM
Happy hibbie is stating he has it on good authority he is heading West

Smaxaa says Hibs have offered him a contract and looks like He Is staying.

You missed my point - you dont see what he does in training or how he is improving as he gets fitter PF does.

I do agree he hasnt been as Good as Claros or Taiwoo but I think when fully fit he will do a job. Match fittness and on par with everyone else if he does pre- season then judge.

I only see what he does on the pitch, and on that he can piss off back to sevco for me. He's nowhere near the player that left us and no amount of training will change that. And yes i am Pat Fenlon.

hibs4thecup1988
12-06-2013, 04:00 PM

Agreed

From what I've heard KT was the one that got the players dragged off the floor in the semi.

His influence is huge in the dressing room I've heard and he can also play football. Can't believe people wouldn't be fussed if he never came back.

EdinMike
12-06-2013, 04:02 PM
There's a thing on the whole Social media web thingy saying he's been in talks with Jackie McNamara.. take the picture with a pinch of salt !

keep the faith
12-06-2013, 04:05 PM
Agreed

From what I've heard KT was the one that got the players dragged off the floor in the semi.

His influence is huge in the dressing room I've heard and he can also play football. Can't believe people wouldn't be fussed if he never came back.

I agree. Would love to see him get a sensible contract. Could be a huge player for us next season.

cad
12-06-2013, 04:24 PM
Agreed

Agree mate KT would be a tremendous signing ,staggered at the not fussed attitude but hey that's how they see it

scoopyboy
12-06-2013, 04:51 PM

Aye right.

From what I saw on his return he was ok but far better than what we've got 100% not.

In the games he played he was not better than Taiwo or Claros.

FWIW I have been told he will never be fully fit again for the rigours required at Hibs.

The boy was a class act IMO at Hibs in his first spell and at the Cream Buns, but hasn't shown a lot since.

scoopyboy
12-06-2013, 04:54 PM
Agreed

I've heard the same regarding HT at Hampden.

On the same match, how did he play?

Chump
12-06-2013, 05:21 PM
For a man that had a point to prove to the Hibs fans following his interview and realistically putting himself in the shop window I don't think he did himself any favours in either dept (other than playing for nothing).

Yes he has talent but he looked extremely unfit and he is not a wide midfielder.

If we sign him it'll be at the cost of probably two players for his wages and he'd need a very good pre-season to get to a level we know he can reach.........jury's out for me!!

frazeHFC
12-06-2013, 05:25 PM
Aye right.

From what I saw on his return he was ok but far better than what we've got 100% not.

In the games he played he was not better than Taiwo or Claros.

FWIW I have been told he will never be fully fit again for the rigours required at Hibs.

The boy was a class act IMO at Hibs in his first spell and at the Cream Buns, but hasn't shown a lot since.

:agree:

Claros and Taiwo were both better and more consistent than KT imo. Would be pleased if he stayed but I am hoping we have JC and TT as our centre mids next season, with OTJ and Liam Craig around them too.

Scooter
12-06-2013, 05:34 PM
He has 2 offers I believe currently. 1 from Hibs 1 from league 1 in England

Golden Bear
12-06-2013, 05:39 PM

If he is allowed to play in his natural position then I honestly think he'll plump for us. That will be as big a factor as any.

AndyM_1875
12-06-2013, 05:55 PM
He may well have been offered a new contract ( I dont Know this)

what I can tell you is I fix a lot of high profile footballers cars (not easy fixing hoopers following cup final weekend) but I know he is mates with several based west coast players and is waiting on the transfer thingy getting sotered on but is defo heading to New Co

Words from my source " He could sit around and await the new season or play for Hibs show he could still play until New co signed him "

BUT you never know in Footie we all claim to know whats going on behind closed doors. I dont want to name the guy who is telling me as i want to continue fixing the cars. He knows everyone in celtic from chairman to tea lady

KT is a Graet player he played for nothing! was he really going to get stuck in to challanges i dont think so

Doubt that he'll be heading to Greyskull. They are already having to watch the number of aged over 21 signed players they have on their books.

Eyrie
12-06-2013, 06:00 PM
Didn't play well enough for us last season to justify a new deal. If we can't get Claros back then I'd consider Thomson at a reasonable wage, but central midfield is low on our list of needs.

Beefster
12-06-2013, 06:03 PM
Didn't play well enough for us last season to justify a new deal. If we can't get Claros back then I'd consider Thomson at a reasonable wage, but central midfield is low on our list of needs.

If fans had had the choice last summer, Claros wouldn't have been at Hibs this season. That's how much we know.

I'll trust Hibs and Thomson to do the right thing, whatever that may be.

Unseen work
12-06-2013, 06:10 PM
Thomsons a centre mid, always has been always will be. Did a job left mid when he played their like against Celtic by keep Forrest quiet which is why I beleive he played their. Play him centre mid and he will boss games against most teams IMO

blackpoolhibs
12-06-2013, 06:48 PM
Thomsons a centre mid, always has been always will be. Did a job left mid when he played their like against Celtic by keep Forrest quiet which is why I beleive he played their. Play him centre mid and he will boss games against most teams IMO

Can you remind me of the last game he bossed? :confused:

Onceinawhile
12-06-2013, 06:53 PM
Not massively bothered about signing him to be honest. Would rather sign someone else up top If possible.

hibs4thecup1988
12-06-2013, 06:58 PM
I've heard the same regarding HT at Hampden.

On the same match, how did he play?

Like the rest of the team he was poor in the first half. Sadly picked up a bookig and didn't feature much in the 15 minutes after half time.

He is a calm and experienced head that I think we could really do with at the club. But of course on our terms...not his.

BSEJVT
12-06-2013, 07:01 PM
If fans had had the choice last summer, Claros wouldn't have been at Hibs this season. That's how much we know.

I'll trust Hibs and Thomson to do the right thing, whatever that may be.

10/10:top marks

Teapot
12-06-2013, 07:12 PM
Personally I would love to keep him. I think there's a lot more to come from him if he stays fit. But I would only keep him on a sensible wage, not a top earners wage.

If he plays consistently and performs throughout the season then maybe look to bump up the contract for the following year.

Winston Ingram
12-06-2013, 07:20 PM
I'm amazed people are even considering Claros is in the same bracket as KT. We signed KT in March and was nowhere near match fit. With a pre-season under his belt, he'd be far better than Claros.

I think JG is ok & probably the best measure of his success is that he's been in the UK for 18 months and by the looks of things, isn't exactly drowning in offers.

Hainan Hibs
12-06-2013, 07:20 PM
He can **** off and "walk over broken glass" to play for the "best club in the world" at hunbrox.

keep the faith
12-06-2013, 07:23 PM
He can **** off and "walk over broken glass" to play for the "best club in the world" at hunbrox.

Yawn....

SMAXXA
12-06-2013, 07:24 PM

Championship side last season previously league 1 :agree:

Bishop Hibee
12-06-2013, 07:28 PM
No thanks. Starting midfield of Craig, Tudor Jones, Taiwo and Harris for me. Forwards and a right back are far more important priorities.

Callum_62
12-06-2013, 07:32 PM
While not exactly blown away by his performaces, he was hardly bad either.

More than likely a bit unfit - but you will never know how he will go with injuries

Think some poeple were expecting too much too quickly from him in all honesty.

He was poorish in the final, but didnt he play that lovely 40 yard ball over the top onto Leigh that couldve got us back in the game (and made one of our only 2 chances)?

Be happy to see him given another year + option as long as wages arnt ridic.

Harris Taiwo Claros Thomson Craig

Be more than happy with the above.

SMAXXA
12-06-2013, 07:35 PM
While not exactly blown away by his performaces, he was hardly bad either.

More than likely a bit unfit - but you will never know how he will go with injuries

Think some poeple were expecting too much too quickly from him in all honesty.

He was poorish in the final, but didnt he play that lovely 40 yard ball over the top onto Leigh that couldve got us back in the game (and made one of our only 2 chances)?

Be happy to see him given another year + option as long as wages arnt ridic.

Harris Taiwo Claros Thomson Craig

Be more than happy with the above.

He certainly did. I thought he was decent when he came back, not spectacular but not as poor as some would have you believe. I think Pat thinks its as much as his influence and professionalism than just his ability, as believe it or not he is highly thought of by the players and staff at ER.

Unseen work
12-06-2013, 08:35 PM
Can you remind me of the last game he bossed? :confused:

IMO he did it against hearts and second half v Falkirk, both times he was in their faces not letting them breathe. They could barely get out their own half. Also in other games he was Breakin foward in good areas trying to create and shoot at goal which for some reason people on here were moaning about as he's "rubbish" at it. Also think he tried to do it against but was limited as he couldn't abandon the teams shape which would result in a Celtic chance. Once he went centre mid against Celtic he looked alot better and IMO was alot better than Claros in that game who I thought was poor, taiwo was standout tho. A full pre season under him and he would e brilliant for us imo

Steven_Hibs
12-06-2013, 08:44 PM
I remember him bossing this match

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/21909320

Was outstanding in this game, always wanted the ball and created a few chances too.

blackpoolhibs
12-06-2013, 08:44 PM
IMO he did it against hearts and second half v Falkirk, both times he was in their faces not letting them breathe. They could barely get out their own half. Also in other games he was Breakin foward in good areas trying to create and shoot at goal which for some reason people on here were moaning about as he's "rubbish" at it. Also think he tried to do it against but was limited as he couldn't abandon the teams shape which would result in a Celtic chance. Once he went centre mid against Celtic he looked alot better and IMO was alot better than Claros in that game who I thought was poor, taiwo was standout tho. A full pre season under him and he would e brilliant for us imo

We watch a completely different game. :confused:

essexhibee
12-06-2013, 08:50 PM
Played out of position in the final. He's never a winger. I think if he has a full pre season behind him he could be a real player for us next season as he does have the ability within him that is above the SPL.

Unseen work
12-06-2013, 08:52 PM
We watch a completely different game. :confused:

Fair enough, all about opinions but for me him and Claros gettin in amongst them not letting them breathe was key to us gettin back into the game against falkirk

heretoday
12-06-2013, 09:43 PM
He's not that great anymore. Also it's just a matter of time before he gets injured again.

seven nowt
13-06-2013, 05:52 AM

I would keep him. Great player.

Winston Ingram
13-06-2013, 07:05 AM
He's not that great anymore. Also it's just a matter of time before he gets injured again.

What are you judging that on? Joining a club with 2 months of the season left not having played a match for months?

NorthNorfolkHFC
13-06-2013, 07:13 AM
Fair enough, all about opinions but for me him and Claros gettin in amongst them not letting them breathe was key to us gettin back into the game against falkirk

Are you sure the key wasn't their fitness and experience with a team of kids?

AndyM_1875
13-06-2013, 07:26 AM
What are you judging that on? Joining a club with 2 months of the season left not having played a match for months?

Exactly H.:thumbsup:
Thomson had spent a lot of time injured and hadn't played that year yet was expected to turn up and play like it was 2005.
Give me strength.

It doesn't matter what anyone on here thinks, what matters is what Pat Fenlon and Hibs think.
If he stays then great. If he gets a much more lucrative offer from a League 1 club in England then bloody good luck to him.

frazeHFC
13-06-2013, 07:29 AM
I dont think anyone is saying he would not be good for us, its just some people are gonna prefer Claros and some Thomson. If we got both I'd be delighted but only think we need the one CM considering who we've currently got.

Beefster
13-06-2013, 07:44 AM

A lot of folk are judging his abilities based on something he allegedly said about Hibs six years ago.

SMAXXA
13-06-2013, 07:54 AM
A lot of folk are judging his abilities based on something he allegedly said about Hibs six years ago.

I agree, a lot of people have never got over it and channel their energy into being negative towards him. Its interesting that some of these comments have come since he has left Hibs as I don't recall many like this whilst he was still with us. I also believe if he was to be announced as signing say a 2 year deal, these negative comments would be nowhere to be seen (with the exception of a few people)

blackpoolhibs
13-06-2013, 07:56 AM

I think he was a complete erse for what he said when he wanted to leave, but when he came back i wanted him to play well. That never happened to any great extent, and having watched him on the tv for Middlesborough he never impressed me then either.

Its on his football i'm making my opinions on him, nothing whatsoever to do with what he said 6 years ago.

He MIGHT be a player if we gave him a contract, but thats only based on what he did as a player when he played for sevco, as the player who went to teeside and has returned to easter road is nowhere near the one that played at Ibrox.

If he wants to play for nowt again, i'm happy for this to happen, but i cant see that happening. He will want a very good contract, one that would take him up there with the best paid player at Hibs.

Other than spend more time on the treatment table than the pitch, what has he done in the last 3 years to warrant that?

blackpoolhibs
13-06-2013, 08:00 AM
I agree, a lot of people have never got over it and channel their energy into being negative towards him. Its interesting that some of these comments have come since he has left Hibs as I don't recall many like this whilst he was still with us. I also believe if he was to be announced as signing say a 2 year deal, these negative comments would be nowhere to be seen (with the exception of a few people)

If he signed a 2 year deal, i'd have to change my way of thinking from thinking he's not up to the speed or rigours of SPL football to praying he could.

I dont see my comments as negative, i see them as my opinions? :confused:

SMAXXA
13-06-2013, 08:07 AM
If he signed a 2 year deal, i'd have to change my way of thinking from thinking he's not up to the speed or rigours of SPL football to praying he could.

I dont see my comments as negative, i see them as my opinions? :confused:

Who said I was talking about you? :wink:

blackpoolhibs
13-06-2013, 08:13 AM
Who said I was talking about you? :wink:

You were. :greengrin

SMAXXA
13-06-2013, 08:16 AM
You were. :greengrin

I actually wasn't mate, weve had discussions about KT on a few occasions previously and your feelings towards him have never really changed, you've always been a critical, miserable, negative, short sighted old so and so :greengrin. Just kidding on, its all about opinions my friend.

blackpoolhibs
13-06-2013, 08:22 AM
I actually wasn't mate, weve had discussions about KT on a few occasions previously and your feelings towards him have never really changed, you've always been a critical, miserable, negative, short sighted old so and so :greengrin. Just kidding on, its all about opinions my friend.

:greengrin I was not keen on him returning, but when he said he'd play for free i thought fair enough.

I said before his return i did not think he was good enough or fit enough anymore, and based that on what i'd seen since he left Hibs.

His form had been in steady decline since leaving, mainly through injuries. He's not worth the gamble imo.

H18sry
13-06-2013, 08:26 AM

Your not kidding with that comment you are spot on :greengrin

Beefster
13-06-2013, 08:49 AM
I think he was a complete erse for what he said when he wanted to leave, but when he came back i wanted him to play well. That never happened to any great extent, and having watched him on the tv for Middlesborough he never impressed me then either.

Its on his football i'm making my opinions on him, nothing whatsoever to do with what he said 6 years ago.

He MIGHT be a player if we gave him a contract, but thats only based on what he did as a player when he played for sevco, as the player who went to teeside and has returned to easter road is nowhere near the one that played at Ibrox.

If he wants to play for nowt again, i'm happy for this to happen, but i cant see that happening. He will want a very good contract, one that would take him up there with the best paid player at Hibs.

Other than spend more time on the treatment table than the pitch, what has he done in the last 3 years to warrant that?

Given that he won a couple of MOTM awards (at least) in the couple of months he was here, you must be a hard man to please. Not bad for a player who wasn't entirely match fit and was playing without a wage.

Unseen work
13-06-2013, 08:55 AM
Are you sure the key wasn't their fitness and experience with a team of kids?

That was a factor, yes. But what made them tire and show their inexperience? IMO it was boys like Thomson getting in their face and bossing it not letting them breathe, and get the game pressed high up into their half where they got nervous etc. fwiw I don't think falkirks fitness would differ much from ours

blackpoolhibs
13-06-2013, 09:11 AM
Given that he won a couple of MOTM awards (at least) in the couple of months he was here, you must be a hard man to please. Not bad for a player who wasn't entirely match fit and was playing without a wage.

Not in my opinion, in fact he was nowhere near man of the match in any game he played, again in my opinion.

Beefster
13-06-2013, 03:14 PM
Not in my opinion

No, he definitely won them. I heard them being announced.

blackpoolhibs
13-06-2013, 08:37 PM
No, he definitely won them. I heard them being announced.

Would this be by the match sponsors, if so they are about as accurate as a Pa Kujabi free kick.

sixtwo
13-06-2013, 08:42 PM
I would love him to stay but I have been told he is unlikely to sign. He is likely to go to England, America or Australia. Hibs are not convinced he will remain injury free and are unwilling to commit to a decent contract.
Personally, I thought he was very good for us. I hope he does sign but if not, I wish him well.

woodythehibee
13-06-2013, 09:23 PM
Would this be by the match sponsors, if so they are about as accurate as a Pa Kujabi free kick.

I selected KT for man of the match on behalf of Crabbies at the ICT match and he was a worthy winner of it :wink::agree:

IberianHibernian
13-06-2013, 10:27 PM
Thought it was a mistake to sign him and saw nothing to change my mind . Didn`t stick out in any of the matches and was playing instead of others like Robertson and Deegan who would have benefitted from match practice . Reckon KT benefitted more from being with us than we did from having him .

Beefster
14-06-2013, 06:00 AM

The overwhelming consensus on here after the ICT game was that he was the best Hibs player by a stretch.

You're, obviously, perfectly entitled to your opinion but this growing myth that he's been pish since returning, based on his cup final performance, is pure revisionism.

J-C
14-06-2013, 08:51 AM
Thought it was a mistake to sign him and saw nothing to change my mind . Didn`t stick out in any of the matches and was playing instead of others like Robertson and Deegan who would have benefitted from match practice . Reckon KT benefitted more from being with us than we did from having him .

He played out wide left to accommodate Claros and Taiwo, not his natural position but did it anyway, always cool headed on the ball and sees a pass. Was very much in need of match fitness when he came, simply played for nothing probably knowing he'd be leaving in the summer for more cash, cash we don't have to offer him.

As for Robertson and Deegan................Deegan is a waste of space, a poor man's Barry the Crab............Robertson should've had more game time but wouldn't have played out wide. Fenlon has to bite the bullet next year and decide who is starting DM is as we don't need 2 in the same team, we play too deep when we play 2 DM's.

blackpoolhibs
14-06-2013, 08:52 AM
The overwhelming consensus on here after the ICT game was that he was the best Hibs player by a stretch.

You're, obviously, perfectly entitled to your opinion but this growing myth that he's been pish since returning, based on his cup final performance, is pure revisionism.

I have never once said he is pish, but i have not seen a player who has grabbed a game by the baws or indeed turned in man of the match performances.

He'd want wages at the top of our range, there's no doubt about that. I don't think he's worth that.

MrRobot
14-06-2013, 09:14 AM
For people saying KT isn't a wide midfielder, did he not start his career at LM?

Just_Jimmy
14-06-2013, 09:23 AM
For people saying KT isn't a wide midfielder, did he not start his career at LM?

No. He made his debut away to dundee in centre mid. Mowbrays team often played 4,3,3/4,5,1. Thomson played on the left of that 3 but it was never as a left winger such as the final. Frankly a ridiculous decision from Fenlon.

scoopyboy
14-06-2013, 04:37 PM

He wasn't on the park long enough in the second half to stop them breathing.

Unseen work
14-06-2013, 05:05 PM
He wasn't on the park long enough in the second half to stop them breathing.

He got subbed about 60-70th minute iirc?? By that time of the game hibs were dominating

blackpoolhibs
14-06-2013, 05:12 PM
He got subbed about 60-70th minute iirc?? By that time of the game hibs were dominating

:faf::faf: I loved the way he strangled them in the previous 70 minutes, no wonder we won the game?

MrRobot
14-06-2013, 05:23 PM
No. He made his debut away to dundee in centre mid. Mowbrays team often played 4,3,3/4,5,1. Thomson played on the left of that 3 but it was never as a left winger such as the final. Frankly a ridiculous decision from Fenlon.

I see. Tbf, i was still in the Hobs kids when he made his home debut. Thats some time ago haha

SMAXXA
17-06-2013, 03:25 PM
Hibs were having talks with players today, KT being one of them who's been offered a very good deal indeed so I understand. Will let us know in a couple of days his decision.

SteveHFC
17-06-2013, 03:33 PM
They were having talks with players today, KT being one of them who's been offered a very good deal indeed so I understand. Will let us know in a couple of days his decision.

:thumbsup:

Vault Boy
17-06-2013, 03:36 PM
They were having talks with players today, KT being one of them who's been offered a very good deal indeed so I understand. Will let us know in a couple of days his decision.

Delighted if true. Would be a bit strange if the stories about Claros staying are also true, but you can't have too many quality players. :thumbsup:

GreenOnions
17-06-2013, 03:40 PM

That's great news. Fingers crossed Kevin signs - and also McManus. I imagine Pat is keen to get commitment from as many of his priority signings a possible during June.

LeighLoyal
17-06-2013, 03:42 PM
Delighted if true. Would be a bit strange if the stories about Claros staying are also true, but you can't have too many quality players. :thumbsup:

Would have to assume he won't be back if true on KT. KT is a good option, prefer Claros though.

SMAXXA
17-06-2013, 06:45 PM
Would have to assume he won't be back if true on KT. KT is a good option, prefer Claros though.

Heard its a 3 year deal which has been offered which I was a bit surprised about.

Teapot
17-06-2013, 06:49 PM
Heard its a 3 year deal which has been offered which I was a bit surprised about.

If its a pay per play then it could be a really good deal for us.

3pm
17-06-2013, 06:50 PM

No offence but no way have we offered that!!

SMAXXA
17-06-2013, 06:59 PM
No offence but no way have we offered that!!

No offence taken mate I said as much above that it was a surprise to me, I will find out more details tomorrow but in fairness ive not been given any duff info before from him. Also was surprised at the wages he told me, again id be very surprised at this. We will find out in the next couple of days.

3pm
17-06-2013, 07:02 PM
No offence taken mate I said as much above that it was a surprise to me, I will find out more details tomorrow but in fairness ive not been given any duff info before from him. Also was surprised at the wages he told me, again id be very surprised at this. We will find out in the next couple of days.

Good lad!

SMAXXA
17-06-2013, 07:03 PM
Good lad!

Not exactly new news but he also told me that we are still working on the Leigh deal and its not dead in the water yet.

Carheenlea
17-06-2013, 07:14 PM
A friend of the family told me that Kevin Thomson has been offered the captaincy as part of the contract offer.

Speedway
17-06-2013, 07:18 PM
A friend of the family told me that Kevin Thomson has been offered the captaincy as part of the contract offer.

Now THAT'S interesting.

Eyrie
17-06-2013, 07:20 PM

If true, then that would suggest that the rumours about McPake's back may be right which is a worrying thought.

Beefster
17-06-2013, 07:22 PM
Sign the contract, Kev.

SMAXXA
17-06-2013, 07:24 PM

Just spoke to my mate and he said he doesn't believe this is the case but is adamant about the 3 year offer

Up The Bracket
17-06-2013, 07:28 PM
Hibs were having talks with players today, KT being one of them who's been offered a very good deal indeed so I understand. Will let us know in a couple of days his decision.

Any idea who any of the others were mate?

Stringer
17-06-2013, 07:28 PM

Agree. It is good to have bodies. Pat should copy what Rafa did at Chelsea. He installed a good squad rotation system. Players don't get fatigued so they don't pick up as many injuries. Plus good competition for places.

SMAXXA
17-06-2013, 07:30 PM
Any idea who any of the others were mate?

I don't mate sorry, I will post as I hear though

GordonHFC
17-06-2013, 07:31 PM
If true, then that would suggest that the rumours about McPake's back may be right which is a worrying thought.

I mentioned in an earlier post that I was told that McPake and Fenlon had a serious fall out and had to be pulled apart. McPake was fit to play in the final but was just not picked. Before anyone asks my source would definitely know.

3pm
17-06-2013, 07:41 PM
Now THAT'S interesting.

I thought you said he was going elsewhere?

Jonnyboy
17-06-2013, 07:50 PM
I mentioned in an earlier post that I was told that McPake and Fenlon had a serious fall out and had to be pulled apart. McPake was fit to play in the final but was just not picked. Before anyone asks my source would definitely know.

Do you mean McPake declared himself fit for the final but Pat thought better of it and left him out?

Speedway
17-06-2013, 07:51 PM
I thought you said he was going elsewhere?

I did. That's what makes it interesting.

SMAXXA
17-06-2013, 07:52 PM
I did. That's what makes it interesting.

Where did u think he was going?

silverhibee
17-06-2013, 07:53 PM
Do you mean McPake declared himself fit for the final but Pat thought better of it and left him out?

That can't be right, j heard Pat was forcing McPake to play. :wink: :greengrin

Jonnyboy
17-06-2013, 07:54 PM
That can't be right, j heard Pat was forcing McPake to play. :wink: :greengrin

:tsk tsk: :greengrin

JCHibby
17-06-2013, 07:55 PM

Delighted with this, solid pro and could be a good influence on the team. :thumbsup:

GordonHFC
17-06-2013, 07:57 PM

Nope.

woody0-7
17-06-2013, 08:03 PM
Great news if he signs. I'm liking the way things are starting to shape up!

Jonnyboy
17-06-2013, 08:05 PM
Nope.

Cheers

Speedway
17-06-2013, 08:10 PM
Where did u think he was going?

Watford.

SMAXXA
17-06-2013, 08:12 PM
Watford.

Only other offer he has had is from Yeovil :agree:

Hibdan12
17-06-2013, 10:45 PM
Dont get me wrong I like kT, but with the rumours on claros staying havent we got enough central midfielders? and if true does he really deserve to be captain over players like williams, hanlon or stevenson?

Unseen work
18-06-2013, 04:58 AM
Dont get me wrong I like kT, but with the rumours on claros staying havent we got enough central midfielders? and if true does he really deserve to be captain over players like williams, hanlon or stevenson?

Williams - shouldn't be it as he's a keeper and seemed to effect him last season
Hanlon - has a case but you know the second something got wrong he would get pelters, and his game had came along brilliantly lately so wouldn't want to effect that
Stevenson - isn't even a regular starter

ian cruise
18-06-2013, 07:13 AM
I couldn't see him being captain if Jsmes stays. James didn't have a good season but it sounds like there are extenuating circustances, ones we were well aware of when signing him, so to take the captaincy away would se extremely harsh and potentially demoralising. LT as vice captain sounds plausible. It's only a good thing if we have leaders right through the spine of our team.

Edinburgh Green
18-06-2013, 07:15 AM

Surprised about the wages how? Really high or low?

SMAXXA
05-07-2013, 04:17 PM
Thomo deal done, 1 year deal signed. Not sure if its been announced yet as I'm away on work so not properly looked.

Dibben
05-07-2013, 04:26 PM
Thomo deal done, 1 year deal signed. Not sure if its been announced yet as I'm away on work so not properly looked.

Nothing announced 'officially' yet!

brog
05-07-2013, 04:36 PM
:thumbsup:

Dunderhall
05-07-2013, 05:30 PM
That'll do for me.:agree:

Can he play up front though. :offski:

Bob Box Fish
05-07-2013, 05:31 PM
Pleased if true.

blackpoolhibs
05-07-2013, 05:48 PM
He will only play if Hanlon is suspended or injured.

3pm
05-07-2013, 06:09 PM
He will only play if Hanlon is suspended or injured.

Which is only fair. Hanlon is the man in possession of the jersey.

SMAXXA
05-07-2013, 06:31 PM
Pleased if true.:ave I ever let you down lol yeah its true mate. Also, we have expressed an interest in Dean Shields, its not straight forward that he's leaving Ibrox though. Should know more next week either way.Deano, Higdon and Swanson would do me just fine.

Vault Boy
05-07-2013, 06:33 PM
Glad he's signing up, maybe could have gone for a couple of years, but with his injury record I suppose it's understandable. :aok:

YehButNoBut
05-07-2013, 06:37 PM
:ave I ever let you down lol yeah its true mate. Also, we have expressed an interest in Dean Shields, its not straight forward that he's leaving Ibrox though. Should know more next week either way.Deano, Higdon and Swanson would do me just fine.

If we got these 3 as well then I would be extremely excited for the new season.:thumbsup:

Vault Boy
05-07-2013, 06:39 PM
:ave I ever let you down lol yeah its true mate. Also, we have expressed an interest in Dean Shields, its not straight forward that he's leaving Ibrox though. Should know more next week either way.Deano, Higdon and Swanson would do me just fine.

Shiels and Thomson, yes please. :pray:

blackpoolhibs
05-07-2013, 06:45 PM
Which is only fair. Hanlon is the man in possession of the jersey.

:tee hee:

Speedway
05-07-2013, 06:53 PM
Who is Shields?

Onceinawhile
05-07-2013, 07:02 PM
Who is Shields?

Wee jay. He's a right back. Would be surprised if we signed another.

Speedway
Just Jorge and KT this week then ;-)

SteveHFC

And Daffy Duck

Craig_in_Prague
05-07-2013, 07:04 PM
Wee jay. He's a right back. Would be surprised if we signed another.

Maybe Pat wants a RB school/group, like Yogis goal keepers.

Speedway
05-07-2013, 07:20 PM
I think all these mids is making 4-5-1 look like the default formation for next season.

LioNeilMessi
05-07-2013, 08:05 PM

I'm risking a 'woosh' moment but... Surely not? :confused:

Purehibee_MYB
05-07-2013, 08:18 PM
I'm risking a 'woosh' moment but... Surely not? :confused:

:duck:

Winston Ingram
05-07-2013, 08:20 PM
I think all these mids is making 4-5-1 look like the default formation for next season.

4-6-0 more like

Houchy
05-07-2013, 09:28 PM
4-6-0 more like

Are we going for parking the bus this year lol.

Dunderhall
05-07-2013, 09:41 PM
Are we going for parking the bus this year lol.
At least Pat has that choice, Locke will have to get permission from Charlie Irons.

Jones28
06-07-2013, 07:40 AM
This would indicate to me that Claros is away then?

Eyrie
06-07-2013, 08:47 AM

I'd agree, given how many central midfielders we'd have - Thomson, Taiwo, Tudur-Jones and Robertson, with Craig, Cairney and Stevenson able to cover there and Stanton and Horribine looking to step up.

Based on last season's evidence I'd have preferred to keep Claros over Thomson but given that he still has a year left with Motagua I can't see that happening. Maybe next year though when he's a free agent.

Judas Iscariot
06-07-2013, 10:25 AM

Indicate incorrectly :)