PDA

View Full Version : Announcement Football Takes over Princes Street Gardens

Stantons Angel
11-06-2013, 10:23 PM
Im just letting all the football starved Hibs supporters know that there is a 3 day festival of football sponsored by SYKES GLOBAL SERVICES taking place at the Ross Bandstand,
Princes Street, Edinburgh in aid of the HOMELESS WORLD CUP FOUNDATION. This takes place from Friday 14th June till Sunday 16th June 2013.

Over the three days 8 Edinburgh primary and 8 Edinburgh secondary schools along with 4 Edinburgh youth groups and 6 Corporate teams will competed for medals and cups.

This starts on Friday 14th June with the group stages of all four competitions finishing on the Sunday 16th June with the finals.

Between the finals there will be an exhibition game with a select Hibs/Hearts Legend team who will play against/along side members of the public.
If you fancy playing alongside a Legend from your childhood please pop along to Princes Street Gardens on the Sunday and join us.

Admission to all three days of fast flowing football is FREE of charge so why not pop along and bring the family to watch what is sure to be a fun and exciting weekend of football.

Hope to see you all there.

(see official site for more details)

Loopz
11-06-2013, 10:31 PM
I have organised my works team for this event at the weekend, relegated to manager though. Despite still playing fives every week, I'm now too old to play for the young team. Still really looking forward too it.

lEXO
12-06-2013, 12:08 AM
Im just letting all the football starved Hibs supporters know that there is a 3 day festival of football sponsored by SYKES GLOBAL SERVICES taking place at the Ross Bandstand,
Princes Street, Edinburgh in aid of the HOMELESS WORLD CUP FOUNDATION. This takes place from Friday 14th June till Sunday 16th June 2013.

Over the three days 8 Edinburgh primary and 8 Edinburgh secondary schools along with 4 Edinburgh youth groups and 6 Corporate teams will competed for medals and cups.

This starts on Friday 14th June with the group stages of all four competitions finishing on the Sunday 16th June with the finals.

Between the finals there will be an exhibition game with a select Hibs/Hearts Legend team who will play against/along side members of the public.
If you fancy playing alongside a Legend from your childhood please pop along to Princes Street Gardens on the Sunday and join us.

Admission to all three days of fast flowing football is FREE of charge so why not pop along and bring the family to watch what is sure to be a fun and exciting weekend of football.

(see official site for more details)Cheers for that. I will pop down.:aok:

Gemma Hibee
12-06-2013, 12:11 AM
Good. Will take a nosy on Friday when I'm free. :)

lyonhibs
12-06-2013, 07:33 AM

As a former employee, may they rot in hell.

Still, sounds like a great event so good to see they have some savvy on the corporate image side of things if not the employee motivation/management side of things.

Stantons Angel
12-06-2013, 04:04 PM
I have organised my works team for this event at the weekend, relegated to manager though. Despite still playing fives every week, I'm now too old to play for the young team. Still really looking forward too it.

i know you would rather play in the tournament but taking part in any way is brilliant. Its all in aid of a wonderful Charity in the Homeless World Cup Foundation whose work goes un noticed in the UK despite accreditation to UEFA.

I went to Mexico last year to take in the Homeless World Cup Final in Mexico City and saw for my self the results of the work they do all over the world with the homeless people. A very humbling experience indeed on my part.

Hope fully the sun will shine a wee bit up the road from Leith and bring out the crowds to see what should be a brilliant tournament.

Stantons Angel
12-06-2013, 04:10 PM

Still, sounds like a great event so good to see they have some savvy on the corporate image side of things if not the employee motivation/management side of things.

I think this is the wrong place to air your grievances on such a personal matter.

id rather the posts where about the tournament and the reason its being staged than a personal expression on the sponsors.

You will be made very welcome should you decide to come along and sample the good feeling within the mini football village.

gillythehibby
12-06-2013, 08:52 PM
I know, I'm playing :thumbsup:

Hibby Kay-Yay
12-06-2013, 09:38 PM

This :agree:

Loopz
16-06-2013, 08:04 AM
I know, I'm playing :thumbsup:
Did you make it through to the finals today.

blackpoolhibs
16-06-2013, 08:16 AM

Was there anyone from Hearts there looking for advice?

Tom Hart RIP
16-06-2013, 10:12 AM
If all goes to plan, Keith Wright, Mickey Weir and Gordon Hunter will play as well as Henry Smith Scott Crabbe and Jimmy Sandison.
Well done to all involved
Ps Yogi Steven Tweed, Darren Jackson and Davie Farrell will be playing at Saughton Enclosure 2pm kick off. Craig Gowans Memorial Day

David_D
16-06-2013, 05:15 PM
Was there today and was a good wee football fix. Standard was not bad with a few very talented players on show.

Stantons Angel
16-06-2013, 07:11 PM
Was there today and was a good wee football fix. Standard was not bad with a few very talented players on show.

thank you for coming along. I hope you enjoyed the day as it was in all a terrific tournament with loads of goals.
The legends being there brought in the crowds and made for a great atmosphere!

Thank you for your support! ggtth

Wembley67
16-06-2013, 07:12 PM
Who ended up winning?

David_D
16-06-2013, 07:59 PM
I only got there from the boys 3rd place match onwards. Enjoyed all the games I saw. Had to hold back from wanting to cheer on the hearts girls despite them being massive underdogs against Musselburgh Windsor.

Loopz
16-06-2013, 08:48 PM
Who ended up winning?

My team won the corporate tournament today.:thumbsup:

Hibby Bairn
16-06-2013, 08:53 PM
Winners were Streetleague (Youth Cup)...Scotrail (Corporate Cup)...Cramond Primary School (Primary School Cup)...Musselburgh Windsor (Girls Cup).