PDA

View Full Version : Greggs Seven players to replace Owain Tudor Jones

ronaldo7
10-06-2013, 03:48 PM
It seems ICT have been busy trying to replace OTJ:greengrin

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22842745

essexhibee
10-06-2013, 03:51 PM
I was at a football tournament at reading uni on Saturday at that young winger they have signed who was on the football show on tv was there. Ran the team he was playing for who went on to win it.

Very quick great feet. Mind you can't say the opposition was up to much :greengrin

The Leith Dutch
10-06-2013, 04:09 PM
It seems ICT have been busy trying to replace OTJ:greengrin

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22842745

I saw this a few minutes ago.....not quite sure what to make of it.

From a quick poke around on t'interwebs:
Curtis Allen seems to have a decent record of consistently scoring one every other game in the Northern Irish league.
Evans and Watkins are Wingers - the latter seems to be rated as a good youth prospect.
James Vincent has a couple of season in League One with a decent appearance record but then more recently it's been League Two and Conference

Ben Greenhalgh is the guy who won some reality show where the prize was some time with Inter.
I kind of think (much like X-factor for music) that anyone who's any good should be making it without resorting to reality TV but I might be being harsh on the bloke having never seen him play.

They're clearly trying to spin it as them having a ninja scouting network with that "starfinders" nonsense.

I also reckon they're pulling a bit of a fast one by doing a bulk announcement - it looks more impressive and more planned than announcing a bunch of lower league players individually.

Course I might get this chucked back in my face when they tear up the league with these exact players :greengrin

DAVE1875
10-06-2013, 04:12 PM
Is that just to make up for his height?

Unseen work
10-06-2013, 04:27 PM
Greenhalgh was never going to make it at inter but did look very impressive on the show against inter youth teams etc. could be quite a good signing for them as he would of learned a hell of a lot at inter

essexhibee
10-06-2013, 04:28 PM
Greenhalgh was never going to make it at inter but did look very impressive on the show against inter youth teams etc. could be quite a good signing for them as he would of learned a hell of a lot at inter

He's really quick and direct and can ping a great cross and free kick. Worth a punt for sure. Surprised he was allowed to play in the tournament if I'm honest!

adhibs
10-06-2013, 04:45 PM
looks a very uninspiring bunch of players. we should be finishing ahead of them next season

CyberSauzee
10-06-2013, 05:50 PM

Saw him make his debut for Concord Rangers v Enfield Town back in March in a match they won 3-0. Very quick but that's not saying much as Enfield are not blessed with too much pace at the back.

Steviethebear
10-06-2013, 08:16 PM
All for signing unknowns and taking a chance as u may unearth a decent player but for an established SPL club, wee bit worrying, total wage bill for all 7 can't be more than £2k a week :confused: can't believe they are Butchers choices?