PDA

View Full Version : Who is Barry Anderson?

Waxy
09-06-2013, 07:59 AM
I hear alot about him.Is he a journalist? Who for? Does he work for the yams? Who is Barry Anderson? I thank you for your answers in advance.

Thecat23
09-06-2013, 08:01 AM
He works for the EEN and covers all Hearts stories. No matter what the story is he does his best to put a positive spin on it. He's a clown of the highest order.

Spike Mandela
09-06-2013, 08:03 AM
I hear alot about him.Is he a journalist? Who for? Does he work for the yams? Who is Barry Anderson? I thank you for your answers in advance.

He works for Edinburgh Evening News. Wouldn't call him a journalist, he reprints memos from Tynecastle boardroom.

Springbank
09-06-2013, 08:10 AM
I can confirm that the Barry Anderson we lampoon is not this man, a Minnesota Supreme Court Associate Judge with links to US presidential hopeful Tim (land of) Pawlenty

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barry_Anderson

jdships
09-06-2013, 08:30 AM
He works for Edinburgh Evening News. Wouldn't call him a journalist, he reprints memos from Tynecastle boardroom.

:thumbsup:
A real " Cut and Paste Hack " :rolleyes:

Have only met him a couple of times and , putting aside all he spoke about was Hearts , wasn't impressed with his knowledge of football in
general . :na na:

cad
09-06-2013, 08:43 AM
He is a walloper " Quote unquote "

Jack Hackett
09-06-2013, 09:04 AM
Hard hitting, no holds barred investigative journalist, with a firm grasp of business and financial matters. Only a matter of time before he wins a Pulitzer Prize for his work

Jack Hackett
09-06-2013, 09:07 AM
........Or am I thinking of somebody else :confused:

Cabbage East
09-06-2013, 09:19 AM
He's either being paid by Hearts or Hearts 'look after' him in other ways...

truehibernian
09-06-2013, 09:21 AM
Isn't he the guys that heads up FIFA's transfer arbitration tribunal process ?? After all, I see he set the valuation of Novikovas which spookily enough is the same alleged amount they owe Hector ? Has anyone tweeted him to see if he checked his sources and corroborated it with Novikovas and his agent ? Or has he just gone on what Hearts have fed him ?

I'd be asking to see evidence of a contract being offered or indeed hearing it in direct quotes from the player himself - I still maintain that he was released with no contract on the table.

MyJo
09-06-2013, 09:23 AM
He's a dick

Heisenberg
09-06-2013, 09:25 AM
He does what Hearts tell him to do without actually asking any proper questions or doing any proper journalistic work. #allisverycomplex

hibees 7062
09-06-2013, 09:28 AM
He's either being paid by Hearts or Hearts 'look after' him in other ways...

:faf::faf::faf:

matty_f
09-06-2013, 09:29 AM
I think he used to be more critical of the Yams until one of them punched him in Germany on pre-season tour a while ago.

now he prints what he's told, seemingly without question.

clerriehibs
09-06-2013, 09:29 AM
Isn't he the guys that heads up FIFA's transfer arbitration tribunal process ?? After all, I see he set the valuation of Novikovas which spookily enough is the same alleged amount they owe Hector ? Has anyone tweeted him to see if he checked his sources and corroborated it with Novikovas and his agent ? Or has he just gone on what Hearts have fed him ?

I'd be asking to see evidence of a contract being offered or indeed hearing it in direct quotes from the player himself - I still maintain that he was released with no contract on the table.

bbc on 31/05 said novi had rejected a contract offer
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22730303

I'll bet it was on reduced terms though, so still wouldn't be a qualifier for hertz getting compensation.

Viva_Palmeiras
09-06-2013, 09:32 AM
He was there at the centre of Watergate where Foulkes slashed in his breeks ;)

Saorsa
09-06-2013, 09:32 AM
He's either being paid by Hearts or Hearts 'look after' him in other ways...must be 'other ways', naebody gets paid by h****s. Maybe he got some shares :faf:

Ryan91
09-06-2013, 09:41 AM
He's a dick

A very succint and fair assessment of #AllisBarry

Boyle89
09-06-2013, 09:52 AM
Your question is very complex. I doubt even the man in question could answer it.

silverhibee
09-06-2013, 10:18 AM
[QUOTE=Jack Hackett;3636516]........Or am I thinking of somebody else :confused:[/QUOTE

Jim Traynor :dunno: :greengrin

Jack Hackett
09-06-2013, 10:26 AM
[QUOTE=Jack Hackett;3636516]........Or am I thinking of somebody else :confused:[/QUOTE

Jim Traynor :dunno: :greengrin

:doh:.....Thanks for putting me straight :greengrin

Hibercelona
09-06-2013, 11:15 AM

I don't know either. :confused:

#itsallverycomplex

HUTCHYHIBBY
09-06-2013, 11:35 AM
He used to be in The A-Team, but doesnae like flying, unless there are two BAs going about!

Jim44
09-06-2013, 11:45 AM
I used to know someone called Alice Barrie. :-)

Gus Fring
09-06-2013, 07:10 PM
Not well liked in the Evening News offices I've heard (third hand I should stress). Always using his coaching credentials to win arguments, doesn't have many journalistic qualifications apparently but "has enough inside info at hearts to justify his wage because Hearts won't talk to just anyone". Barry reckons the abuse he gets on EEN comments, Twitter and on here is proof he's doing a good job because he's getting people talking. His colleagues disagree. Best quote from the person telling me all this was "If Hearts go bust he's useless to the EEN. He wouldn't even get a job making the tea cos he's crap at that as well.

Hibs Class
09-06-2013, 07:36 PM
Not well liked in the Evening News offices I've heard (third hand I should stress). Always using his coaching credentials to win arguments, doesn't have many journalistic qualifications apparently but "has enough inside info at hearts to justify his wage because Hearts won't talk to just anyone". Barry reckons the abuse he gets on EEN comments, Twitter and on here is proof he's doing a good job because he's getting people talking. His colleagues disagree. Best quote from the person telling me all this was "If Hearts go bust he's useless to the EEN. He wouldn't even get a job making the tea cos he's crap at that as well.

I've heard this too. The comment I was given is that he has a tremendous but misplaced arrogance, ironically exactly like the club he supports and reports on. He's regarded as a bit of a puppet, but there isn't much sympathy for him.

weonlywon6-2
09-06-2013, 08:47 PM

Hes a phanni of the tallest order !!

Springbank
09-06-2013, 09:11 PM
A glittering future awaits as the een's man covering div 3 (or east of Scotland league)

JimBHibees
10-06-2013, 01:38 PM

Really qualifications which most kid teams coaches would hold? Bizarre.

clerriehibs
10-06-2013, 08:49 PM
magpie1892 must have some dirt to dish on this very subject ... :whistle:

Waxy
27-06-2013, 02:39 PM
A person in a newspaper job who tells porky pies.

SlickShoes
27-06-2013, 02:50 PM
Comedy Legend.

steakbake
27-06-2013, 05:23 PM
A reporter, but not a journalist.

Thecat23
27-06-2013, 05:26 PM
Possibly the worst reporter that's out there. He gets fed info from Hearts, fires it on twitter then as usual when it turns out to be rubbish he deletes the tweet and blocks anyone who actually asks him serious questions.

The amount of times he's made on idiot of himself is unreal it really is.

Bostonhibby
27-06-2013, 05:30 PM

:agree: He is a scribe for the yam who gets money for reproducing what they feed him in the EEN, Journalist check their stories now and again allisbarry doesn't seem to, see the wonga sponsorship of the yam item for example.

Criswell
27-06-2013, 11:07 PM
Barry Anderson is to journalism what Hitler was to international peace

TrickyNicky
27-06-2013, 11:12 PM
Barry Anderson is Plan B.

Col2
28-06-2013, 06:16 AM
Thing is it looks like he genuinely still gets his stories from part of he old guard eg David 'We are self sufficient and all is well' Southern.

BDO must shake heads when they see some of the crap he comes out with.

David Southern must be working for free given the circumstances. On second thoughts, they are ALL working for free just now!!

Hibercelona
28-06-2013, 06:39 AM
Does the boy actually get paid for this?

I was brought up with the notion that a person had to work in order to earn money in the world.