PDA

View Full Version : Danny handling

Unseen work
08-06-2013, 08:34 PM
Was wondering how highly people rated him on here?

Think he has a very bright future, very smart player who has good movement off the ball and plays clever passes, think he could do very well for us next season behind the striker in a kind of free role?:agree:
Their was a point in the final against Celtic where he skinned 2 of their plays just with really good touches, then the chance him and Caldwell created for taiwo was just from clever incisive passing!

would quite like to see

Williams

clancy Forster. Hanlon. Mcgivern

Taiwo. Jones.

Harris. Handling. Craig

Pope

Thoughts?

J-C
08-06-2013, 08:37 PM
Needs to add a wee bit pace but has clever feet and brain, needs to play through the middle as one of two up front but still young and learning.

Devilstorment
08-06-2013, 08:39 PM
Think he has potential no doubt about it.

Giving a "free role" to a player with such little first team experience would be foolish however (unless we had the next Messi in our youth ranks!) need to learn his trade more, and I agree needs to improve his pace, I thought he looked slow in the final when running for a ball up against one of celtic's CH's

Unseen work
08-06-2013, 08:39 PM
Needs to add a wee bit pace but has clever feet and brain, needs to play through the middle as one of two up front but still young and learning.

Tbh am not too fussed about his pace as like you say he has a quick brain and feet so that could create the space he needs, could maybe do with adding a couple of pounds tho!

Brightside
08-06-2013, 08:41 PM

Think he has a very bright future, very smart player who has good movement off the ball and plays clever passes, think he could do very well for us next season behind the striker in a kind of free role?:agree:
Their was a point in the final against Celtic where he skinned 2 of their plays just with really good touches, then the chance him and Caldwell created for taiwo was just from clever incisive passing!

would quite like to see

Williams

Taiwo. Jones.

Harris. Handling. Craig

Pope

Thoughts?

He's very handsome and girls love him.

Now can we please stop putting Pope in the teams FFS!

Northernhibee
Still very raw but with some experience he should come good for us.

Unseen work
Think he has potential no doubt about it.
Giving a "free role" to a player with such little first team experience would be foolish however (unless we had the next Messi in our youth ranks!) need to learn his trade more, and I agree needs to improve his pace, I thought he looked slow in the final when running for a ball up against one of celtic's CH's

I think it suits his game and would get on the ball a lot and be able to create a lot from their, think he said that's his favourite position lately, sure paddy knows best tho :greengrin

Unseen work
08-06-2013, 08:43 PM
He's very handsome and girls love him.

Now can we please stop putting Pope in the teams FFS!

Only put him in as I said I would like to see :wink: and not to confident about getting griffiths so think he would suit us

Gemma Hibee
08-06-2013, 08:44 PM
Looking forward to seeing more of him next season. Got his head screwed on both on and off the pitch. :)

Onceinawhile
08-06-2013, 09:16 PM
Was more impressed with him than Caldwell in the u-20s but the other way round in the first team.

Unfortunately out of him, Harris, forster and Caldwell we will be lucky for 1 to make it.

Stringer
08-06-2013, 09:17 PM

would quite like to see

Williams

Taiwo. Jones.

Harris. Handling. Craig

Pope

Thoughts?

Welcome to .net Danny.

Wotherspiniesta
08-06-2013, 09:20 PM
Was more impressed with him than Caldwell in the u-20s but the other way round in the first team.

Unfortunately out of him, Harris, forster and Caldwell we will be lucky for 1 to make it.

Why? I reckon they've all got a decent chance. All of them are good players. If they can continue to develop and adapt to the SPL, I see no reason why all four can't make it at Hibs.

DaveF
08-06-2013, 09:24 PM
Why? I reckon they've all got a decent chance. All of them are good players. If they can continue to develop and adapt to the SPL, I see no reason why all four can't make it at Hibs.

Exactly.

Brown, Whittaker, O'Connor and Thomson did OK.

Unseen work
08-06-2013, 10:18 PM
Exactly.

Brown, Whittaker, O'Connor and Thomson did OK.

Spot on, no reason why all of them can't make it, they have all showed great potential in the games they've played. And for me Harris is a very important player for us now and will be in the future, but for now he defiantly deserves to be in the starting line up.

ian cruise
08-06-2013, 10:24 PM
Tbh am not too fussed about his pace as like you say he has a quick brain and feet so that could create the space he needs, could maybe do with adding a couple of pounds tho!

I think Danny will be a great player, I think he will turn in to a bigger player for us than Caldwell but I hope they both make it. I do disagree with the adding a few pounds, so often we see you skilful player hit the weights and loss something from their game. On my opinion that's what happened to feel (insert tin hat and thread going off topic, sorry admins.) Celtic made him bulk up and he just seemed to liar something from his game.

Boyle89
08-06-2013, 10:41 PM
Good feet of that there is no doubt. Just doesn't seem to have the legs to go past defenders. If he had the pace he would be a certain 1st choice but sadly doesn't seem to have it. I still rate him highly and seems as though he really enjoys playing for us.

Unseen work
08-06-2013, 10:50 PM
I think Danny will be a great player, I think he will turn in to a bigger player for us than Caldwell but I hope they both make it. I do disagree with the adding a few pounds, so often we see you skilful player hit the weights and loss something from their game. On my opinion that's what happened to feel (insert tin hat and thread going off topic, sorry admins.) Celtic made him bulk up and he just seemed to liar something from his game.

Who so do you mean from Celtic? I think the more first team football he plays the tougher he will get and will learn how to play against it, you see big guys like Caldwell seem to cope better with his size, then Harris with his pace can glide past the best of players. Think it's harder for players like Danny whose not necessarily the biggest or fastest, will take a couple of games but am sure next season he could b massive for us!

ian cruise
08-06-2013, 10:57 PM
Who so do you mean from Celtic? I think the more first team football he plays the tougher he will get and will learn how to play against it, you see big guys like Caldwell seem to cope better with his size, then Harris with his pace can glide past the best of players. Think it's harder for players like Danny whose not necessarily the biggest or fastest, will take a couple of games but am sure next season he could b massive for us!

Sorry I mean when Deek went to Celtic they made him bulk up and that's when he seemed to lose what made him special with us. By the time he returned back to us he was starting to get into a similar shape as he was before but it wasn't the same, the goals show his latent talent for scoring goals was still there. Anyway. This is about Danny there's plenty of threads about Derek.

Danny is an excellent prospect. I agree with all your points and I think first team experience will do him the world of good. Being out on the wing could be the making of him or it could break him. I just hope Hibs recognise early if its not working and play him where he's comfortable.

Onceinawhile
08-06-2013, 11:00 PM
My point was more based on statistics rather than anything else. To get one player out of a squad is a success, to get 4 would be crazy.

Purple & Green
08-06-2013, 11:23 PM
Spot on, no reason why all of them can't make it

As welcome as that would be, it would be unparalleled.

macd123
09-06-2013, 12:37 AM
There are 6 players who have a chance from that group if you include stanton and donaldson. Fenlon s fledglings.

LeighLoyal
09-06-2013, 12:54 AM
A sprint coach at East Mains might be an idea. I recently heard Allan Wells on talksport about what he did training wise at Meadowbank, apparently a speedball worked wonders.

brydekirk
09-06-2013, 01:38 AM
Only put him in as I said I would like to see :wink: and not to confident about getting griffiths so think he would suit us
Can I ask, what makes you so confident about Pope. ?

offshorehibby
09-06-2013, 08:11 AM
Whatever happens both Handling & Caldwell need to add more goals to their game. As they get more game time they will be judged on goals.

J-C
09-06-2013, 08:15 AM
Whatever happens both Handling & Caldwell need to add more goals to their game. As they get more game time they will be judged on goals.

Maybe a bit hard until they're played regularly through the middle, both being played wide at the mo

Brightside
09-06-2013, 08:20 AM

All 4 will be first team players for many years.

superfurryhibby
09-06-2013, 08:48 AM
A sprint coach at East Mains might be an idea. I recently heard Allan Wells on talksport about what he did training wise at Meadowbank, apparently a speedball worked wonders.

More coach obsession surfaces again. Early days for Handling but I've yet to see mych that says he has what it takes. Live to be proved wrong though.

Eyrie
09-06-2013, 11:54 AM
My point was more based on statistics rather than anything else. To get one player out of a squad is a success, to get 4 would be crazy.

We're overdue a few first team regulars from our youth programme.

Unseen work
09-06-2013, 12:03 PM
All 4 will be first team players for many years.

Complete agree :) all seem to have something different about them compared to the previous youngsters we had such as byrne, currie, Cropley etc who barely got a sniff, they all seem very settled and part of the first team! Only ones I thought we were a bit harsh on was Scott taggart and Sean welsh, obv Sean had his injury problems though and coulndt continue giving him contracts when he had never played.

worcesterhibby
09-06-2013, 12:08 PM
Handling certainly has the best hair at ER...End of !

Quick feet and a football brain are one thing...but it's good hair that get's you a move to the EPL

StarMan10
09-06-2013, 03:12 PM
Handling certainly has the best hair at ER...End of !

Quick feet and a football brain are one thing...but it's good hair that get's you a move to the EPL

tell that to Steven Fletcher!:greengrin

Wotherspiniesta
09-06-2013, 04:25 PM
tell that to Steven Fletcher!:greengrin

And Whittaker!

Andy74
10-06-2013, 02:21 PM
Scott Lindsay reckoned he was as good as Fletcher but with two good feet.

On that basis I don't think he'll make it.

JimBHibees
10-06-2013, 02:34 PM
Scott Lindsay reckoned he was as good as Fletcher but with two good feet.

On that basis I don't think he'll make it.

So better than Fletcher, really. :confused:

Andy74
10-06-2013, 02:41 PM

He had a straight face at the time.

Now, it either means I'm missing something in respect of Handling and he's about to burst on the scene next year, or Lindsay had no idea about footballers. :wink:

Unseen work
10-06-2013, 04:00 PM

That's what people have to remember, fletcher was around the first team for a couple of seasons before being a regular or really showing what he can do. Positive he played a couple at centre mid for us to iirc? Danny will b a big player for a soon:)

Liams
10-06-2013, 04:31 PM
Really really excitied to have thr young team scratching at the first team, would mind pre season fielding them together; harris, caldwell, handling, foster, donaldson, stanton and horribine

eastmainsmsh
10-06-2013, 08:47 PM
Handling was brilliant for Berwick during his loan spell .... needs to play through middle imo will come good also caldwell

Rate Jay Doyle as well hope he can make breakthrough

GreenOnions
10-06-2013, 08:50 PM
I think Danny looks like he has good technique. He has shown with the younger team he knows where the goal is too.

He's looked a little lost to me in the wide areas where he's been played though and hasn't yet shown Harris' confidence at just going for it.

I would like to see him given some time up front if we're playing two up there - or maybe just off the front. This is probably an important season for him though so he needs to take some risks in games I think to make more of an impact. Maybe that will be easier to do this coming year as, fingers crossed, our team will be better!