PDA

View Full Version : Stuart Pearce (England U21s bomb)

Hibernia Na Eir
08-06-2013, 08:19 PM
Good to see this sub-human, nauseating piece of s*** suffering after the Saxons U21 fall from grace today.

(((Fergus)))
08-06-2013, 08:42 PM
Two utter disasters on the bounce, blames everyone but himself.

monktonharp
08-06-2013, 09:08 PM
Good to see this sub-human, nauseating piece of s*** suffering after the Saxons U21 fall from grace today.

:agree:braw

Stringer
08-06-2013, 09:14 PM
could do a job

greenlex
08-06-2013, 09:27 PM
could do a job
I'd have him.

Sir David Gray
08-06-2013, 10:40 PM

Harsh.

Having said that, I'm glad to see England lose at any level.

Pretty Boy
08-06-2013, 11:24 PM
A bona fide fud of a human being.

Haymaker
08-06-2013, 11:30 PM
***** manager, cant believe he is so highly rated.

FRes Hibbie
09-06-2013, 12:22 AM

This

Stringer
09-06-2013, 12:35 AM

He isn't highly rated, he will never become a EPL manager. It was just a 'job for the boys' really.

hfc rd
09-06-2013, 12:38 AM
Can't stand the guy.

LeighLoyal
09-06-2013, 12:48 AM
I'm sure Beckham had a laugh to himself at this clown's latest farce.

Haymaker
09-06-2013, 01:19 AM
He isn't highly rated, he will never become a EPL manager. It was just a 'job for the boys' really.

He is very highly rated within the FA. He wont get another EPL job again, you're right but I wouldnt be surprised if he got the England job after Roy.

KiddA
09-06-2013, 05:04 AM
:agree:

Col2
09-06-2013, 06:40 AM
Pearce IN Fenlon OUT

lucky
09-06-2013, 07:03 AM
Has he ever had success as a player or coach or manager? I can only remember him for being overly aggressive and missing a pen. I know he has this hard man image but surely there's more to coaching than that

ian cruise
09-06-2013, 08:21 AM
He is very highly rated within the FA. He wont get another EPL job again, you're right but I wouldnt be surprised if he got the England job after Roy.

That's what people said before Roy. I don't see it happening

iwasthere1972
09-06-2013, 09:13 AM
Can see the English FA looking at Scottish born players who have an English granny or granddad.

Jack Hackett
09-06-2013, 09:15 AM

Good news :greengrin

Hibbyradge
09-06-2013, 09:34 AM
Can see the English FA looking at Scottish born players who have an English granny or granddad.

:faf:

:thumbsup:

I have a feeling that you won't be saying that after England pap us at Wembley in August.

Boyle89
09-06-2013, 09:49 AM
Anyone else think his HT team talks are just him screaming at his players for 15 mins?

Haymaker
09-06-2013, 12:03 PM
That's what people said before Roy. I don't see it happening

We'll see. He's pish anyway.

worcesterhibby
09-06-2013, 12:20 PM
Has he ever had success as a player or coach or manager? I can only remember him for being overly aggressive and missing a pen. I know he has this hard man image but surely there's more to coaching than that

Right we really need to separate the player from the manager here. I watched all of His career from down here in England and let me tell you, if he had played for hibs he would have been an absolute legend as a player.

A more committed, athletic defender it is hard to imagine. He also scored an incredible number of goals as a defender culminating in an amazing 16 goals from 49 appearances in the 1990-91 season playing for Nottingham Forest. That is a great return from a midfielder, let alone a defender. As a left back he had great positional sense, one of the hardest tackles in football and a great ability to overlap and cause problems down the other end. He also had a shot on him like an anvil. I haven't looked but if you do a search on Youtube you'll find some absolute rockets. His speciality was hitting free kicks like Hotshot Hamish...no curl, not bend just amazing power straight as an arrow in to the top corner. At International level he was occasionally found out a little by the worlds top played..but them most defenders are.

As a manager he is Pish

VivaHiberņa
09-06-2013, 12:21 PM

:agree:

Two words: Bomber Broon

PeterboroHibee
09-06-2013, 01:03 PM
Hes quite a poor manager. Did well getting the U-21s to a final a few years ago but the last few tournaments he has been involved with have been a disaster (including some of his selections for team GB). This year especially he had a bloody good group of players at his disposal, and yet they have lost both games and are out.

He does seem to be quite highly rated by the FA but Ive no idea why!

--------
09-06-2013, 01:22 PM
Right we really need to separate the player from the manager here. I watched all of His career from down here in England and let me tell you, if he had played for hibs he would have been an absolute legend as a player.

A more committed, athletic defender it is hard to imagine. He also scored an incredible number of goals as a defender culminating in an amazing 16 goals from 49 appearances in the 1990-91 season playing for Nottingham Forest. That is a great return from a midfielder, let alone a defender. As a left back he had great positional sense, one of the hardest tackles in football and a great ability to overlap and cause problems down the other end. He also had a shot on him like an anvil. I haven't looked but if you do a search on Youtube you'll find some absolute rockets. His speciality was hitting free kicks like Hotshot Hamish...no curl, not bend just amazing power straight as an arrow in to the top corner. At International level he was occasionally found out a little by the worlds top played..but them most defenders are.

As a manager he is Pish

:agree: I would agree with all that - he was the sort of defender the opposition fans love to hate, basically because they know he's 100% dedicated to winning the game for his own team, and they know he has the ability to make a huge difference to the game. Hate to say it, but he was the sort of player every team needs - if he'd played for Hibs, as you sya, he'd be a legend.

That said, the way he comes over in the media and in interviews leaves me less than enthused with his personality. (Actually, I can't stand the man.) His interview after the game against Norway could be summed up as, "It wasn't my fault - the players let me down, themselves down, and the fans down. It wasn't my fault. The players should have done much, much better, and it wasn't my fault." With that attitude it isn't hard to see why the players don't exactly bust a gut for him.

He has a lot of good young players in that squad, and yes, they should have done better. But while it may have escaped the notice of Stuart Pierce, most people would agree that it's the coach/manager's job to get the players onto the pitch at kick-off prepared and ready to give their best. The England players looked disorganised; they seemed to have no clear picture of what was expected of them in terms of formation or tactics. Unless I'm grossly mistaken (and I'm not) that's Pierce's responsibility. I can't imagine many of those players being upset when he finally gets his cards.

HIBERNIAN-0762
09-06-2013, 05:59 PM
I see SSN are still bumping their gums on to why they finished bottom, get over yourselves FFS, simply not good enough on and off the park would have been suffice to say I would have thought.

hibeesdude
09-06-2013, 08:13 PM
agreed as a manager hes almost mcglynn like but i have to disagree about him as a person - had the pleasure of meeting him at a couple of SLF gigs (hes a friend of the band) - once in nottingham he was there with some forest players watching the gig and the other time backstage at barrowlands. He was quiet and very polite on both occassions - happy to talk footie or music with anyone who recognised him - definitley not giving it any of the do you know who i am nonsense

Hibernia Na Eir
09-06-2013, 08:13 PM
there's always crisps adverts needing done Stupot......

lyonhibs
10-06-2013, 07:54 AM
Obviously delighted to see England ***** it at any level, though I'm a bit perplexed as to what Pearce has done in his career (playing or management) to warrant being called a "sub-human, nauseating piece of s***"??

Perhaps the OP could enlighten me?

basehibby
10-06-2013, 02:21 PM
Obviously delighted to see England ***** it at any level, though I'm a bit perplexed as to what Pearce has done in his career (playing or management) to warrant being called a "sub-human, nauseating piece of s***"??

Perhaps the OP could enlighten me?

:agree: Always thought he came accross as a decent bloke and can't remember him doing or saying anything to deserve such a drooling salvo of gratuitous insults.

Of course I'm always pleased to hear about England getting gubbed at something but I never have or will hate any individual for the accident of their nationality.

Time For Heroes
10-06-2013, 02:34 PM
According to the BBC Gareth Southgate is Rumoured to take over if Pearce is sacked...
Is it a prerequisite that you need to have missed a penalty for your country before you get the job?

JimBHibees
10-06-2013, 02:36 PM
:agree: Always thought he came accross as a decent bloke and can't remember him doing or saying anything to deserve such a drooling salvo of gratuitous insults.

Of course I'm always pleased to hear about England getting gubbed at something but I never have or will hate any individual for the accident of their nationality.

Dont know the guy and do find it funny especially after the English u19 coach was incredibly patronising towards Scotland recently however the OP is completely unnecessary and tasteless.

basehibby
10-06-2013, 03:44 PM
Dont know the guy and do find it funny especially after the English u19 coach was incredibly patronising towards Scotland recently however the OP is completely unnecessary and tasteless.

I hate being patronised and therefore have zero time for plastic paddy anglophile Mark Lawrenson for example who seems to despise us - can't say the same for Pierce though (not that I know anyway)

ekhibee
10-06-2013, 05:47 PM

I don't HATE him, but I do remember an international when he was playing for England against Scotland and refused to shake hands with the Scottish players. Maybe I don't hate him, but I certainly don't like him.

Part/Time Supporter
10-06-2013, 06:02 PM
He did racially abuse Paul Ince once, but that kind of thing was kind of swept under the carpet back then (a bit like the Gary Mackay / Kevin Harper thing).

Moon unit
10-06-2013, 07:21 PM
Pearce has a an excellent knowledge of early punk music and as a youngster was very much part of the scene and is pictured on the cover (in the crowd )of one of The Lurkers albums. Huge Jam fan and general all round good egg!..

HUTCHYHIBBY
11-06-2013, 05:49 PM
Israel 1 England 0, bye bye Stuart!

SonOfDavidFrancey
11-06-2013, 07:51 PM
Pearce has a an excellent knowledge of early punk music and as a youngster was very much part of the scene and is pictured on the cover (in the crowd )of one of The Lurkers albums. Huge Jam fan and general all round good egg!..

Also a qualified electrician. Maintained all the relevant certification while a player in case he ever had to go back (he had come from non-league straight to Forest i think) and Brian Clough used to get him to do his house. Always struck me as being a pretty sound bloke.

Kiddo
11-06-2013, 09:04 PM
That said, the way he comes ovver in the media and in interviews leaves me less than enthused with his personality. (Actually, I can't stand the man.) His interview after the game against Norway could be sumnmed up as, "It wasn't my fault - the players let me down, themselves down, and the fans down. It wasn't my fault. The players should have done much, much better, and it wasn't my fault." With that attitude it isn't hard to see why the players don't exactly bust a gut for him.

He has a lot of good young players in that squad, and yes, they should have done better. But while it may have escaped the notice of Stuart Pierce, most people would agree that it's the coach/manager's job to get the players onto the pitch at kick-off prepared and ready to give their best. The England players looked disorganised; they seemed to have no clear picture of what was expected of them in terms of formation or tactics. Unless I'm grossly mistaken (and I'm not) that's Pierce's responsibility. I can't imagine many of those players being upset when he finally gets his cards.[/QUOTE]

Done the exact same tonight, be surprised if the players wanted to play for him

Time For Heroes
12-06-2013, 04:40 AM
His contract runs out next month, I reckon that's him done.

--------
12-06-2013, 11:04 PM
That said, the way he comes over in the media and in interviews leaves me less than enthused with his personality. (Actually, I can't stand the man.) His interview after the game against Norway could be summed up as, "It wasn't my fault - the players let me down, themselves down, and the fans down. It wasn't my fault. The players should have done much, much better, and it wasn't my fault." With that attitude it isn't hard to see why the players don't exactly bust a gut for him.

He has a lot of good young players in that squad, and yes, they should have done better. But while it may have escaped the notice of Stuart Pierce, most people would agree that it's the coach/manager's job to get the players onto the pitch at kick-off prepared and ready to give their best. The England players looked disorganised; they seemed to have no clear picture of what was expected of them in terms of formation or tactics. Unless I'm grossly mistaken (and I'm not) that's Pierce's responsibility. I can't imagine many of those players being upset when he finally gets his cards.

Done the exact same tonight, be surprised if the players wanted to play for him

Well, at least he can boast a 100% record. And they scored a goal.

I'm glad he's a qualified electrician. He'll need another trade once the FA get around to sacking him.