PDA

View Full Version : Enough talk. When does the season start? This is murder

GlenrothesHibee
07-06-2013, 10:03 PM
Getting excited over pre season friendlies. Can it get worse?

CallumLaidlaw
07-06-2013, 10:06 PM
I'm the same. Season only finished 12 days ago, yet I can't wait for it to start again. Weekends are crap without a hibs game and some soccer Saturday

monktonharp
07-06-2013, 10:11 PM
you fly fifers need to get oot more. there's mair tae life than Hibs, not better but mair:greengrin

poolman
07-06-2013, 10:18 PM
Too true

Bloody cricket and egg chasing

I should be allowed to cancel sky sports June and July

NUTTY PROFESSOR
07-06-2013, 10:26 PM
I Believe it's August the 3rd

GlenrothesHibee
07-06-2013, 10:27 PM
I'm the same. Season only finished 12 days ago, yet I can't wait for it to start again. Weekends are crap without a hibs game and some soccer Saturday

Callum are you a fife Hibee? Should meet up at Rovers game

Just_Jimmy
08-06-2013, 01:26 AM

there's hunners of Fife Hibees. :agree:

Chibs
08-06-2013, 01:42 AM
I Believe it's August the 3rd
Think the European campaign starts mid July

Pete
08-06-2013, 03:45 AM
I can't wait to get started again. I'm pretty optimistic that we will have a good season and get to another cup final...maybe even win it this time? Pat is sorting things out and this is only the second real window he will have had, as January isn't the best time to do business and is for stop-gaps. Other teams will be weaker this season (in theory) as they've lost key players and management.

I predict a rise in fortunes for ourselves and Aberdeen, while St. Johnstone, Inverness and H£art$ will go backwards.

There should be enough going on at credit crunch FC to keep us amused before the season kicks off though.

brydekirk
08-06-2013, 04:40 AM
Good win for Scotland last night.
No long till pre season starts, wi a couple o good signings before that.
Europa cup 18 / 25th july.
Should go in quick enough, ggtth.

CallumLaidlaw
08-06-2013, 05:56 AM

I am indeed. Can't believe the Raith game is that night tho as I have my T in the Park ticket already

coco22
08-06-2013, 07:16 AM
There's nothing like a cpl of weeks with no fitba to get the hunger back again. Despite losing the final I think we ended the season on the up and, with things to improve over summer and new faces already added to the squad, think we will see the improvement we've been waiting for.

Manxhibs
08-06-2013, 07:29 AM
I am indeed. Can't believe the Raith game is that night tho as I have my T in the Park ticket already

I'm really looking forward to T, 20th year, surely they have something big planned!

CallumLaidlaw
08-06-2013, 08:19 AM
I'm really looking forward to T, 20th year, surely they have something big planned!

Lol, I've been saying that but was a bit disappointed with their headliners. Although now I've had a good listen to the undercard, I'm really looking forward to it

Viva_Palmeiras
08-06-2013, 08:47 AM
Leith festival Hibs legends normally take on Leith Athletic - any news on that. Went a few years ago Darren Jackson missed a penalty after a draw in normal time.

stadium and museum tour tomorrow...

lots of Hibby related stuff going on.

bingo70
08-06-2013, 08:53 AM
Leith festival Hibs legends normally take on Leith Athletic - any news on that. Went a few years ago Darren Jackson missed a penalty after a draw in normal time.

stadium and museum tour tomorrow...

lots of Hibby related stuff going on.

It's on next weekend, can't remember if its Saturday or Sunday

NAE NOOKIE
08-06-2013, 09:09 AM
Spent most of yesterday trying to save my garden from the advance of mother nature. Feel like I'ver just done 10 round with Mike Tyson this morning. This summer stuff is murder

When does the fitba start :greengrin

Andy74
10-06-2013, 02:24 PM
Getting excited over pre season friendlies. Can it get worse?

No, the best is yet to come. Do you not love the three weeks of endless discussion about why we haven't signed anyone and everyone else has, followed up by how crap our signings are compared to everyone else's?

JimBHibees
10-06-2013, 02:26 PM
No, the best is yet to come. Do you not love the three weeks of endless discussion about why we haven't signed anyone and everyone else has, followed up by how crap our signings are compared to everyone else's?

Inverness have just signed 7 players. Whats going on? Petrie. :brickwall :greengrin

Franck Stanton
10-06-2013, 05:21 PM
Inverness have just signed 7 players. Whats going on? Petrie. :brickwall :greengrin
Players ? Really ? One of them only got a contract with Inter because he is a Ronaldo looky-likey. Never even heard of any of the rest, glad Hibs don't do business this way.

easty
10-06-2013, 05:22 PM
Players ? Really ? One of them only got a contract with Inter because he is a Ronaldo looky-likey. Never even heard of any of the rest, glad Hibs don't do business this way.

You don't want us to sign players you haven't heard of?

Franck Stanton
10-06-2013, 05:28 PM
You don't want us to sign players you haven't heard of?Now don't be silly, just that there is at least one "player" in that group who only got a pro-contract because he happened to look like Ronaldo, never kicked a ball in anger for Inter and lasted one season and was released. however the point I was trying to make is I am glad we at least try and sign established players, and no I haven't heard of all of our signing made by PF [ie Deegan,Doyle to name but two], and if the rumours/names doing the rounds just now are to be believed, then at least we as supporters have some sort of basic knowledge of the names mentioned. That's all, no drama.