PDA

View Full Version : Hibs.net fantasy league Draft Format

HibsMax
07-06-2013, 09:13 PM
This is a poll (public) open to everyone but, obviously, the only people who should actually vote are those who are playing in the fantasy league this year....that's why it's public. I figured that this might be an easy way to figure out what people would prefer to do for the draft. I think there are only three options - live, automatic, offline.

Live - we all huddle over our keyboards at the same time for a couple of hours and hash this out.
Automatic - the system makes our picks for us.
Offline - same as last year, everyone makes their picks in order via a thread on here and then the Commish puts our picks in for us.

NOLA
08-06-2013, 12:08 AM

Haymaker
08-06-2013, 01:02 AM
Doesnt bother me.

DH1875
08-06-2013, 01:05 PM
Doesnt bother me.

You don't want the automatic pick as where's the fun in that. Live would be good to see what picks everyone made under pressure but last year was epic so if you lot want to go down that road then it's fine with me. Don't want to be last again though as that was a right pain in the asp. Picking 2 players at a time isn't as good as it might seem.

Haymaker
08-06-2013, 02:12 PM
You don't want the automatic pick as where's the fun in that. Live would be good to see what picks everyone made under pressure but last year was epic so if you lot want to go down that road then it's fine with me. Don't want to be last again though as that was a right pain in the asp. Picking 2 players at a time isn't as good as it might seem.

True, I dont want an automatic draft but it doesnt bother me if its online or offline! Last year was just amazing!

HibsMax
08-06-2013, 02:54 PM
I'm in the minority. Booo. I was looking forward to sitting for a couple of hours with some beers and getting this all done at once. Let the marathon begin!

Gatecrasher
08-06-2013, 03:34 PM
I'm in the minority. Booo. I was looking forward to sitting for a couple of hours with some beers and getting this all done at once. Let the marathon begin!
I would do a live draft but I don't think we would be able to agree on a time/day etc.

Sylar
08-06-2013, 03:34 PM
My schedule for the next few months is both erratic and insane in equal measures so tying down to a set time is nearly impossible for me!

hibsbollah
08-06-2013, 04:36 PM
offline. but if that proves impossible for the likes of tssf id do it another way.

Calvin
08-06-2013, 05:36 PM
I think we agree that a live draft would be the best way but that it's logistically unworkable. I think we also agree that an automatic draft is not ideal either and as far as I can see, all that leaves is an offline draft.

Sylar
08-06-2013, 06:29 PM
offline. but if that proves impossible for the likes of tssf id do it another way.

Offline is fine bollah - it's the live one I'm likely to struggle with.

James.
08-06-2013, 08:45 PM
I thoroughly enjoyed the offline draft last season!!

DH1875
09-06-2013, 02:11 AM
My schedule for the next few months is both erratic and insane in equal measures so tying down to a set time is nearly impossible for me!

Either way, It's not as if your any good at it though :confused:.

:greengrin:greengrin:greengrin.

This thread has had nearly 150 views. Given that only 12 of us play we should open it up and invite anyone looking in to play. Give them say till the end of July to register an interest :dunno:.

hibsbollah
14-06-2013, 08:28 AM
I see theyve put the new draft picks up on fantasy now. When are we doing this then?

Gatecrasher
14-06-2013, 08:46 AM
I see theyve put the new draft picks up on fantasy now. When are we doing this then?

We'll need some sort of way of thinking who picks 1st, or do you want to go from last to first from last seasons standings?

hibsbollah
14-06-2013, 09:27 AM
We'll need some sort of way of thinking who picks 1st, or do you want to go from last to first from last seasons standings?

Have a 'guess the hibs attendance' comp at a summer friendly for first pick, then do 1-12 followed by 12 back to 1 again seems fairest...

DH1875
14-06-2013, 02:05 PM

What about team standings, like they do for the real thing? When a team has more than one fan, do it alphabetical. More than happy to let Ayrshire go before me :aok:

Have a 'guess the hibs attendance' comp at a summer friendly for first pick, then do 1-12 followed by 12 back to 1 again seems fairest...

12th is the nightmare pick. Had it last year and while it should get you better players it's a royal pain waiting for 22 picks per turn.

James.
14-06-2013, 06:16 PM
Usually leagues do the order in reverse of last year's standings however as we've not kept any players and have a couple of new teams in the league an attendance competition would be good!

HibsMax
14-06-2013, 08:58 PM
What about team standings, like they do for the real thing? When a team has more than one fan, do it alphabetical. More than happy to let Ayrshire go before me :aok:

12th is the nightmare pick. Had it last year and while it should get you better players it's a royal pain waiting for 22 picks per turn.

Tell me about it, I was second to last. It's nice being able to get two quick picks but as you said, you have a long wait in-between times.

lochhibs
15-06-2013, 08:01 AM
is there any space for more players? a live draft is the best way to do a draft btw.

NOLA
15-06-2013, 10:54 AM
is there any space for more players? a live draft is the best way to do a draft btw.

11 of the 12 teams are activated, not sure what's happened to the 12th team owner, gatecrasher is the guy to talk to if your interested :) could always use more fresh meat... I mean more owners ;)

lochhibs
15-06-2013, 12:07 PM
11 of the 12 teams are activated, not sure what's happened to the 12th team owner, gatecrasher is the guy to talk to if your interested :) could always use more fresh meat... I mean more owners ;)
if a team becomes available i will take it.ive been a redskins fan since back in the days of riggins,theismann etc. and a fantasy player for a number of years now.

DH1875
15-06-2013, 12:11 PM

That might be me :dunno:. I've forgot my password lol. If it's urgent I'll sort it out but didn't think it was that urgent. Should def expand the league if its possible :agree:.

Haymaker
15-06-2013, 12:16 PM
Might be me, I havent been on yet.

DH1875
15-06-2013, 12:37 PM
Might be me, I havent been on yet.

It's not us. We're both activated :confused:. Got you first game :fenlonand then 10 weeks off till I beat the good doctor :giruy:.

Q: How many University of Michigan freshman does it take to change a light bulb?
A: None, it's a sophomore course.

Q: What's the only sign of intelligent life in Ann Arbor?
A: Columbus: 187 Miles

Q. What did the Michigan graduate say to the Ohio State graduate?
A. "Welcome to McDonald's. May I take your order, please?"

Haymaker
15-06-2013, 01:42 PM
I thought you were turning over a new leaf this year DH?

I look forward to pumping you week 1.

DH1875
15-06-2013, 08:47 PM
I thought you were turning over a new leaf this year DH?

I look forward to pumping you week 1.

Hey, that is me playing nice :confused::greengrin. I'll be the one doing the pumping. Just bend over, grease it up and pretend that your Tom Brady. He loves it up the .... :aok:.

Haymaker
15-06-2013, 09:29 PM
Hey, that is me playing nice :confused::greengrin. I'll be the one doing the pumping. Just bend over, grease it up and pretend that your Tom Brady. He loves it up the .... :aok:.

He may do but at least he doesnt buttfumble...

Gatecrasher
17-06-2013, 06:27 AM
if a team becomes available i will take it.ive been a redskins fan since back in the days of riggins,theismann etc. and a fantasy player for a number of years now.

I asked someone to join a couple of weeks ago I will PM them and see if they are still interested or not.

lochhibs
21-06-2013, 08:21 PM
I asked someone to join a couple of weeks ago I will PM them and see if they are still interested or not.
any news yet?already signed up for 2 leagues and going to pick my other leagues soon.would really like to be in a league with hibs fans if its possible.

Gatecrasher
23-06-2013, 08:38 AM
any news yet?already signed up for 2 leagues and going to pick my other leagues soon.would really like to be in a league with hibs fans if its possible.
I just want to give the other chap a fair chance first, If I haven't heard for another few days I'll PM you.

Gatecrasher
02-07-2013, 10:23 AM

if your still interested please PM me.