View Full Version : Croatia 0v1 Scotland

07-06-2013, 08:02 AM
Is everyone suitably excited for tonight's big game?

On an even less enthusiastic note, we'll be captained by James Morrison tonight, a player who decided to play for Scotland because, even though he believed he could do a job for them, didn't want to wait for a call up for England.

07-06-2013, 08:05 AM
Could a decent performance by Leigh be the end of our hopes of signing him?

East Coast Hibe
07-06-2013, 08:14 AM
Could a decent performance by Leigh be the end of our hopes of signing him?

Leigh will definately start tonight

07-06-2013, 08:23 AM
Is everyone suitably excited for tonight's big game?

On an even less enthusiastic note, we'll be captained by James Morrison tonight, a player who decided to play for Scotland because, even though he believed he could do a job for them, didn't want to wait for a call up for England.

Whether players born in one country should be playing for another will always be a source of debate, however it surely can't be in doubt that Morrison is one of the best players currently available to us. Additionally, once the squad is decided, Strachan has to pick who he thinks the best captain will be....regardless of the country of his birth.

07-06-2013, 08:31 AM
Leigh will definately start tonight

Looks like Sparky will lead the line tonight.

In some ways, from a Hibs point of view, it would be better if he wasn't playing, but if he is would be better for us if he has a stinker. :greengrin

Which could well be the case as Croatia are a top side.

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/top-football-stories/leigh-griffiths-caps-season-with-scotland-role-1-2958853

07-06-2013, 08:39 AM
Whether players born in one country should be playing for another will always be a source of debate, however it surely can't be in doubt that Morrison is one of the best players currently available to us. Additionally, once the squad is decided, Strachan has to pick who he thinks the best captain will be....regardless of the country of his birth.

Disagree with that completely. IMO he has been poor in most of his games for Scotland. No idea what his form has been like for WBA but he is more often than not disappointing playing in the dark blue. Should never be captain either.

07-06-2013, 08:52 AM
Wandering around Zagreb at the moment.

Having a Fanta in a bar as I'm effin hanging!

Going to have a look at the sights then get changed into the kilt. Hopefully my nausea will have subsided a bit by lunchtime.

07-06-2013, 09:10 AM

I don't like players like Morrison playing for us. I rate him as a player, but don't consider him to be Scottish. For me, it just rubs English salt into my Scottish wound that he'll be captain.

07-06-2013, 09:38 AM
Expecting nothing other than a trouncing tonight against a very good Croatia side.

Wonder if I'll find anywhere down here showing the game...

07-06-2013, 09:54 AM
Cannae see anything other than a pumping tonight, anyway just arrived in weegieland for a wee pub crawl, let the games begin!

Nadal v Djokovic, then, the beer gardens of Ashton Lane methinks!

07-06-2013, 10:06 AM
I don't like players like Morrison playing for us. I rate him as a player, but don't consider him to be Scottish. For me, it just rubs English salt into my Scottish wound that he'll be captain.

He has Scottish grandparents so is eligible to play dont see the problem given the rules.

07-06-2013, 10:08 AM
Is it on the tellybox?

07-06-2013, 10:10 AM
is it on the tellybox?

bbc2 & ESPN

07-06-2013, 10:12 AM
He has Scottish grandparents so is eligible to play dont see the problem given the rules.

:agree: I wonder if every other team in the world has this debate before a game?

07-06-2013, 10:42 AM
Pity it isnae South American or Spanish players that fancy playing for us!

07-06-2013, 10:48 AM
Sparky is 20/1 FGS with B365.

Seems huge for an inform striker that's starting and a shout for pens and free kicks.

07-06-2013, 10:53 AM

was Nacho Novo not looking to get a game for us :-)

07-06-2013, 10:57 AM
I wasn't aware scotland were playing, what time is kick off

07-06-2013, 10:57 AM
Disagree with that completely. IMO he has been poor in most of his games for Scotland. No idea what his form has been like for WBA but he is more often than not disappointing playing in the dark blue. Should never be captain either.

I think he's had good games and bad but, used in his preferred position, I don't think there's a better player currently available to us. Who would you have in his place?

The "nationality" debate is one thing, but once he's in the squad I don't think it should play a part in deciding who the best man is for the role of captain. If a manager allowed it to do so, he risks splitting the squad.

07-06-2013, 11:14 AM

There is a spanish born lad at Real Madrid who does!

07-06-2013, 11:17 AM
Scotland team v Croatia: McGregor,Hutton,Martin, Hanley, Whittaker, Bannan, McArthur, Snodgrass, Morrison, Maloney, Griffiths

That midfield :faf:

07-06-2013, 11:20 AM
Scotland team v Croatia: McGregor,Hutton,Martin, Hanley, Whittaker, Bannan, McArthur, Snodgrass, Morrison, Maloney, Griffiths

It's the defence, who's Martin?

Love the national team and it's great when they do well but this era is totally depressing and unlike you i don't think it's funny.

07-06-2013, 11:26 AM
It's the defence, who's Martin?

Love the national team and it's great when they do well but this era is totally depressing and unlike you i don't think it's funny.

Russell Martin is a very good defender, he's not Scottish though.

07-06-2013, 11:27 AM

Who does he play for? This the guy at Norwich?

Edit:- just googled him and see it is the guy i'm thinking, you say he's a very good defender, i've got my doubts about how true that statement is, i'd imagine he'll just be a bit less pish than the alternatives

07-06-2013, 11:30 AM

It's not a great side at all is it?

That said, in an ideal world where we had all players available to us I'd have a 5 of McGeady, Fletcher, McCarthy, Brown, with Maloney in front of them. And that would be a really good midfield. But, as it is Fletcher and Brown are always out, and McGeady and McCarthy chose not to play for Scotland.

07-06-2013, 11:31 AM
Who does he play for? This the guy at Norwich?

Aye, solid defender.

07-06-2013, 11:57 AM
It's certainly a very fresh line up that's English based. Be plenty Premiership appearances in there too, surprising considering it's a young side.

Bring it oan!

07-06-2013, 12:24 PM

He is a right back though so playing him in central defence is a bit of a gamble though hope he does well.

07-06-2013, 12:33 PM

Well least he is proud to play for Scotland unlike some players born here i.e McGeady and McCarthy.

07-06-2013, 12:36 PM
It's not a great side at all is it?

That said, in an ideal world where we had all players available to us I'd have a 5 of McGeady, Fletcher, McCarthy, Brown, with Maloney in front of them. And that would be a really good midfield. But, as it is Fletcher and Brown are always out, and McGeady and McCarthy chose not to play for Scotland.

So you'd rather have Scottish-born players that don't want to play for us, than non-Scottish born players that do?

07-06-2013, 12:36 PM

Seven EPL players in that squad, not to bad. Just missing a few things in the squad. A targetman, not keen on the center backs tbh. Then the overall i feel the squads a but lightweight, not much muscle or height in there.

07-06-2013, 12:38 PM

The Defence!!!:faf::faf::faf:

07-06-2013, 12:41 PM
Seven EPL players in that squad, not to bad. Just missing a few things in the squad. A targetman, not keen on the center backs tbh. Then the overall i feel the squads a but lightweight, not much muscle or height in there.

I find it totally depressing that just because some of the squad play in an over rated foreign league that team's deemed to be 'not bad'. That team is absolutely awful for an international side.

Feel for Gordon Strachan as this must be the toughest time ever to be scotland manager.

07-06-2013, 12:53 PM
So you'd rather have Scottish-born players that don't want to play for us, than non-Scottish born players that do?

Yep. We aren't going to win the World Cup or the Euros. That's just a fact. So how would I rather the Scotland national team lost - with a team of Scots or with a team of plastic Jocks? It's not a difficult decision for me.

07-06-2013, 12:59 PM
The homeside are almost 3/1 -2 goals, good price!

07-06-2013, 01:06 PM
Yep. We aren't going to win the World Cup or the Euros. That's just a fact. So how would I rather the Scotland national team lost - with a team of Scots or with a team of plastic Jocks? It's not a difficult decision for me.

Thing is, we live in the modern fitba world, where Europe is now (almost) awash with players not born in the country of origin and who can get a game for any country in the world after only a couple of years residence. I dont like the rules as much as the next man, but if we have to take the odd semi Englishman because he has Scottish roots, to be able to compete at a higher level then fine.Look at germany, full of Poles and other nationalities.In an ideal world we would have a team of 11 Scottish born players, but we dont live in that world anymore,were already decades behind countries we used to take the piss out of such as Sweden, Norway etc......they now laugh at us and take the piss(the SFA really have alot to answer for) we cant be left out.

Deeklipse
07-06-2013, 01:10 PM
Russell Martin's Dad is Scottish. Who here would want their kids to play for England if you moved there?

07-06-2013, 01:12 PM
Thing is, we live in the modern fitba world, where Europe is now (almost) awash with players not born in the country of origin and who can get a game for any country in the world after only a couple of years residence. I dont like the rules as much as the next man, but if we have to take the odd semi Englishman because he has Scottish roots, to be able to compete at a higher level then fine.Look at germany, full of Poles and other nationalities.In an ideal world we would have a team of 11 Scottish born players, but we dont live in that world anymore,were already decades behind countries we used to take the piss out of such as Sweden, Norway etc......they now laugh at us and take the piss(the SFA really have alot to answer for) we cant be left out.

We're already taking non-Scots and we're in as bad nick now as I can ever remember.

07-06-2013, 01:16 PM
Russell Martin's Dad is Scottish. Who here would want their kids to play for England if you moved there?

If i was to ask him where he was from before he got his call up what would he have said? Guessing it would have been England. Therefore he should only be able to represent England IMO. If he'd been offered a cap by England at the same time as Scotland he wouldn't have given a monkeys where his dad was from, he's only playing for us because he's not good enough to play for England and that's pish, not what international football should be about.

The only time you should be able to play for a country that you weren't born in is if you grew up in the other country and considered it to be your home.

07-06-2013, 01:19 PM
Our main player problems :

We had two pish yams for managers
We had lots of petulant wee laddies who took the huff and wouldn't play for aforementioned yams, at our collective expense.
We don't have that many great players to start with
The in form players are rarely picked
The best we've got all too often are injured... Genuine and fake.

We have the potential to be half decent. We need a break, some decent performances and a bit of luck.

Wgs can do a job. The rest is Doon to our overhyped twats in blue. Except Sparky :D

Aw that said.......

WE'LL BE COMING YA BASS

07-06-2013, 01:20 PM
If i was to ask him where he was from before he got his call up what would he have said? Guessing it would have been England. Therefore he should only be able to represent England IMO. If he'd been offered a cap by England at the same time as Scotland he wouldn't have given a monkeys where his dad was from, he's only playing for us because he's not good enough to play for England and that's pish, not what international football should be about.

The only time you should be able to play for a country that you weren't born in is if you grew up in the other country and considered it to be your home.

I just wish we would ignore the fact that "other countries do it so why shouldn't we" and we should take a moral high ground on the matter. Don't make a mockery of international football.

07-06-2013, 02:22 PM

Sums it up for me. I can't see any arguement with picking a player who is half Scottish by virtue of one of his parents. I can however see why folk have an issue with going back to grand parents but at the end of the day, thems the rules and if we choose not to use that rule then we are only biting our nose off to spite our face. We're bad enough without giving ourselves another handicap.

Until such time as the rules are changed, then we need to use the system just as everyone else does. The number of Africans playing for the likes of France, Belgium, Netherlands etc just makes we wish Scotland had conquered a few African countries back in the day, it's the best football academy going!

07-06-2013, 03:18 PM

We might not win them, but we should be aspiring to qualify for the Finals.

Would you want players playing for Hibs who didn't want to be?

07-06-2013, 03:51 PM
We might not win them, but we should be aspiring to qualify for the Finals.

Would you want players playing for Hibs who didn't want to be?

International football and club football are two very different things. Club football is a job, some players might get to play for the team they love, most probably won't though. Some players might love thier job, some might not.

International football is different. To get the opportunity to represent your country isn't about just doing your job. It's so much more, or at least it should be. It should be an honour. To be seen as one of the top people in your chosen field, so much so that the nation puts you forward as it's representative, is nothing like just doing your job. Why anyone wouldn't want to represent thier country, or why anyone would want to represent a country that they didn't even claim to come from is beyond me.

07-06-2013, 05:45 PM
International football and club football are two very different things. Club football is a job, some players might get to play for the team they love, most probably won't though. Some players might love thier job, some might not.

International football is different. To get the opportunity to represent your country isn't about just doing your job. It's so much more, or at least it should be. It should be an honour. To be seen as one of the top people in your chosen field, so much so that the nation puts you forward as it's representative, is nothing like just doing your job. Why anyone wouldn't want to represent thier country, or why anyone would want to represent a country that they didn't even claim to come from is beyond me.

i think players nowadays see it as another shop window and a chance to earn club moves and the silly dosh that follows the modern game.

07-06-2013, 06:04 PM
2 daft Yams in the studio

Expert analysis I suppose

07-06-2013, 06:05 PM
Berra on the TV. Why?

07-06-2013, 06:06 PM
Just turned over to BBC and seen the Lesbian Ironing Board that is Craig Gordon. ESPN for me.

07-06-2013, 06:07 PM
Just turned over to BBC and seen the Lesbian Ironing Board that is Craig Gordon. ESPN for me.

BBC for me :(

I wonder if Liam McLeod will mention 5-1?

07-06-2013, 06:09 PM
just saw sir roderick of petrie sitting in the stand, hope he brings a couple of croatian players back with him :)

p.s. can you please order some more season ticket wallets(for my credit cards) for the club store, out of stock AGAIN :brickwall get it sorted

p.p.s. mon Sconnie Botland

07-06-2013, 06:11 PM
the ladies leading the teams out were absolutely lovely!

07-06-2013, 06:11 PM
Rather watch a British team than this lot

07-06-2013, 06:12 PM
Griff 1-0 105/1

07-06-2013, 06:13 PM
Defence looks dodgy but nae Webster that must be seen as an upgrade.

Size wise the front 6 have definitely went 'barca style'.

07-06-2013, 06:13 PM
Bit disappointed I've been nowhere near a bookies all day as I fancied Croatia -1.

Couldn't care less about the national side, and from a selfish, benefit-of-Hibs point of view I won't lose much sleep if Griffiths isn't at his best.

07-06-2013, 06:20 PM
Scotland keeping the ball well. Taking the sting out of it.

07-06-2013, 06:23 PM
Well done Adidas. Nice Scotland strip.

07-06-2013, 06:24 PM
Decent start thus far.

TomoHFC
07-06-2013, 06:27 PM
they should put sparky in charge of free kicks

07-06-2013, 06:30 PM
Is it just me or is Snodgrass absolutely crap :confused:

And Hutton FFS how's he still getting picked.

Bit disappointed I've been nowhere near a bookies all day as I fancied Croatia -1.

Couldn't care less about the national side, and from a selfish, benefit-of-Hibs point of view I won't lose much sleep if Griffiths isn't at his best.

Don't worry. Rod is there giving him the icy stare.

looks uninterested. playing like its a training game and he's just no in the mood for it.

HibeeHendo
07-06-2013, 06:31 PM
Sitting far too deep.

Hero76
07-06-2013, 06:32 PM

Its Just you

Snodgrass is a decent player

Hutton has been the best player in a blue jersey

07-06-2013, 06:34 PM
Why is Modric not playing?

07-06-2013, 06:34 PM
Its Just you

Snodgrass is a decent player

Hutton has been the best player in a blue jersey

:agree: Hutton has been good.

07-06-2013, 06:35 PM
Cheeky wee close up of uncle Rodders there.

HibeeHendo
07-06-2013, 06:37 PM
Cheeky wee close up of uncle Rodders there.

Their cause of Griffiths or just to watch the game? Clutching at straws here. I want him back!

07-06-2013, 06:40 PM
Sitting far too deep.

Which is why they aren't getting in behind us. You expecting us to make the running in this game?

get in snodgrass :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

1-0 Scotland!!!

Yassssss

pontius pilate
Great wee goal 1-0

looks uninterested. playing like its a training game and he's just no in the mood for it.

:doh:

07-06-2013, 06:41 PM
Settled on BBC and glad I did that hurt McLeod to mention Mandzukic scoring against Hearts.

07-06-2013, 06:41 PM

Yeah he's brutal. Done nowt.

07-06-2013, 06:42 PM

You were saying :greengrin

Keeper has taken a bit of a sore one there!

TomoHFC
Yassssssssssss Scotland keep it up:aok:

07-06-2013, 06:44 PM
looked a sore one for the croat keeper

(((Fergus)))
07-06-2013, 06:44 PM

And that is the operative word. Folk like you should do your research before you jump to conclusions about people's national identity.

07-06-2013, 06:45 PM

Pyoor mince man.

(((Fergus)))
07-06-2013, 06:46 PM
:agree: Hutton has been good.

Yep - the difference in him is remarkable.

07-06-2013, 06:46 PM
Great work from Maloney there ...created the chance . Good positive play

07-06-2013, 06:47 PM
Is it Butcher on ESPN?

HibeeHendo
07-06-2013, 06:49 PM
Which is why they aren't getting in behind us. You expecting us to make the running in this game?

I understand getting men behind the ball against a side like Croatia, I just think we're allowing them a little too much time on the ball when they are in the last third which allows them shooting space. We're countering well though. Surprised at how good a start Hutton is having.

07-06-2013, 06:50 PM
**** off McLeod

07-06-2013, 06:50 PM
Griffiths having a 'mare!!

07-06-2013, 06:51 PM
This is probably Alan Hutton's best ever game for his country. Started the game excellently.

Liam McLeod is an idiot

Good stuff.

Gus Fring
07-06-2013, 06:52 PM
Mcleod banging on about the final AGAIN! Can't help himself. Roaster

This is probably Alan Hutton's best ever game for his country. Started the game excellently.

Always thought he was very decent. Great athlete.

Hero76

What game are some folk watching here :confused:

07-06-2013, 06:53 PM
Switch over to ESPN then if youse have got it?

How many times has this ringpiece mentioned Hearts.

What possible context?

HibeeHendo

What did he say? I'm avoiding him by watching ESPN.

Hero76
07-06-2013, 06:54 PM

Before his move to Spain he was poor .

07-06-2013, 06:56 PM
How many times has this ringpiece mentioned Hearts.

Aye but never mentioned the score so I will . They were mullered 4-0 and conceded after two minutes. European success would have to be put on the backburner.

07-06-2013, 06:57 PM
Defence in general has been shocking. McGregor and Whittaker in particular.

Hero76
07-06-2013, 07:00 PM

Granted Whittaker has been done a few times but we are 1 nil up they have had very little chances how has the Defence been shocking ?

07-06-2013, 07:01 PM
Done pretty well to keep that Mandzukic quiet. Can't afford to give him a sniff or he will punish you big time.

Gus Fring
07-06-2013, 07:01 PM
What possible context?

What did he say? I'm avoiding him by watching ESPN.

Basically because Griffiths played in the final.

07-06-2013, 07:02 PM
wtf was that yellow for ffs

07-06-2013, 07:03 PM
wtf was that yellow for ffs

Time wasting. McGregor suspended for next game.

HibeeHendo
07-06-2013, 07:05 PM
Ref's a numpty.

07-06-2013, 07:07 PM
Egg on my face so far - genuinely expected us to get humped tonight but we look OK so far.

The argument about Scottish players is a very hard one to "police" considering Welsh, Scottish, Northern Irish and English folks all have the same national passport. It's unsurprising as a result that the lines are blurred and open to be exploited a little.

07-06-2013, 07:08 PM
Granted Whittaker has been done a few times but we are 1 nil up they have had very little chances how has the Defence been shocking ?

Whittaker beaten several times, sloppy passing between McGregor and defence (and vic versa) and sitting off their attackers when aside from the last 5 minutes, we've been under little pressure. A team playing better would have punished us.

07-06-2013, 07:09 PM

Always thought he was a superb attacking full back. His injuries set him back a bit but great to see him back to his best.

07-06-2013, 07:10 PM
Whittaker beaten several times, sloppy passing between McGregor and defence (and vic versa) and sitting off their attackers when aside from the last 5 minutes, we've been under little pressure. A team playing better would have punished us.

Whittaker has been excellent.

Well done Scotland so far, look well organised and trying to pass the ball. I'm not suggesting we're gonna get anything from this but found some of the negativity before the game bit strange. Usually people are moaning that we need rid of Caldwell, Adam, Miller. Well we have and with a few injuries this is the squad we have. Good to see some fresh blood.

Think the ref has started giving them some dodgy calls in the last 10 minutes though, could see that costing us later in the game.

Griffiths looks like he's trying a bit too hard but not surprising, he's dying to impress.

I've missed McGregors f-ups in the game, what did he do that i never noticed?

07-06-2013, 07:11 PM

Nothing!

07-06-2013, 07:12 PM
Wouldnae pass the half way line ya bams eh??? Whatever happens GIRFUY YA CROATIAN BAM. :D

Is that two raisins stuck under plooky's bottom lip

This lot are ranked 4th and will probably win, but, 4th FFS!

Hero76
07-06-2013, 07:13 PM
Berra is having a shocker :greengrin

Scotland have done well

Just going to ignore the "folk" that dinnae have a Barrs Irn Bru.

07-06-2013, 07:14 PM
Nothing!

Good, thought i'd lost the power of sight from KO onwards!

07-06-2013, 07:15 PM
Berra is having a shocker :greengrin

Scotland have done well

Just going to ignore the "folk" that dinnae have a Barrs Irn Brue.

Berra and plooky are aboot greetin. Their pal Webster's not getting a look in.

07-06-2013, 07:15 PM

Which final? This or last years scots cup, or the league cup final where the yams got turned over?

07-06-2013, 07:18 PM

A few close calls in the first half hour with the defence and McGregor not communicating properly. I think it only lead to one clear cut chance (which was a real sitter) but that indecisiveness and sloppy passing in key defensive areas can cost a side.

Don't get me wrong, Croatia haven't had THAT many chances, but we're definitely lacking sharpness at the back and we've been lucky to get away with it so far - Croatia haven't really turned up.

Midfield has been good though and taken pressure off our defence. Maloney is having a great game so far.

07-06-2013, 07:22 PM
If Christophe Berra plays with the same attitude he comments on the game, is it any wonder we ship goals with him in the defence. What a, dour, pessimistic, defeatist *******!

07-06-2013, 07:23 PM
If Christophe Berra plays with the same attitude he comments on the game, is it any wonder we ship goals with him in the defence. What a, dour, pessimistic, defeatist *******!

No wonder Wolves have got shot of him.

Gus Fring
07-06-2013, 07:28 PM
Which final? This or last years scots cup, or the league cup final where the yams got turned over?

This years. Mcleod thinks the Yams were "unlucky" in the League cup.

07-06-2013, 07:29 PM
Has anyone ever got to the bottom of why Christophe Berra is actually called Christophe? Is his dad French? Are his parents posh? Or are his parents dyslexic and missed the 'R' off Christopher? Also what's up with his ears? Stupid wee things. Never noticed how crap they look until tonight. Don't even get me started on The Lesbian! Who decided he would be a good pundit?! He's got a voice that could cure insomnia.

07-06-2013, 07:32 PM

Switched to espn to escape mcleod and heard butcher saying he hoped croatia would get a shot on target from a corner!!! Ffs, you'd never hear anything anti or even neutral england on uk telly.

07-06-2013, 07:32 PM
Hutton has been excellent tonight

07-06-2013, 07:33 PM

Not so bad. Thought he'd got 51 in there somehow.

Anyway, is it Butcher on ESPN? Sort of sounds like him but sometimes not!

Gus Fring
07-06-2013, 07:36 PM
Has anyone ever got to the bottom of why Christophe Berra is actually called Christophe? Is his dad French? Are his parents posh? Or are his parents dyslexic and missed the 'R' off Christopher?

Also, his middle name is Didier!

07-06-2013, 07:37 PM
why the **** did McGregor not make that his baw dearie me

07-06-2013, 07:39 PM
Leigh off :(

07-06-2013, 07:39 PM
Sparky subbed. Not had much of a chance to get in to the game, worked his socks off though.

07-06-2013, 07:40 PM
Absolute shocking from Leigh tonight, not even got the legs to last 90 minutes-embarrassing! Waste of a wage Wolves

Gus Fring
07-06-2013, 07:42 PM
Absolute shocking from Leigh tonight, not even got the legs to last 90 minutes-embarrassing! Waste of a wage Wolves

Yep, horrific! Nowhere near good enough to play at that level. He's been well and truly found out. :aok:

Hero76
07-06-2013, 07:47 PM
Plenty Fanny in Croatia eh :thumbsup:

07-06-2013, 07:48 PM

Diddy to his friends

07-06-2013, 07:49 PM

Mare like diddy ride

07-06-2013, 07:49 PM
Plenty Fanny in Croatia eh :thumbsup:

I hope we get Hajduk Split in Europe :greengrin

07-06-2013, 07:50 PM
Yep, horrific! Nowhere near good enough to play at that level. He's been well and truly found out. :aok:

The Wolves fans don't want him back! It's no surprise after that shocking performance!

HibeeHendo
07-06-2013, 07:53 PM
What difference from Potter to WGS.

07-06-2013, 07:58 PM
Butcher disappointed Croatia arent doing more. Were there no Scots available for the gig?!

07-06-2013, 08:05 PM
Alan Hutton got to be MOTM. Been absolutely excellent!

07-06-2013, 08:05 PM
Hutton has been outstanding tonite, as have Hanley and the boy Martin

07-06-2013, 08:08 PM
How can scotland players not run with the ball???

Or run for that matter???

Conway, Snodgrass and Rhodes in the last minute or so have fallen over the ball or just couldnt run!!

07-06-2013, 08:09 PM
http://i976.photobucket.com/albums/ae247/Mainboy/Pleasing/f1jj0w.gif

Great Result

Stunning? Lets calm down

oh, a disappointing result for you then eh :faf:

carnoustiehibee
07-06-2013, 08:10 PM
Shut up Liam you twat.

07-06-2013, 08:10 PM
well done sconnie botland :agree: :saltireflag

07-06-2013, 08:12 PM
Disappointed. ABS:agree:

Who else backed Scotland at 9/1? :thumbsup:

Great result, good performance as well.

Great Result

Outstanding gif. Farf

07-06-2013, 08:14 PM
Not watched Scotland for a while now as I came to despise watching them under Potter. I'll Prob take pelters for saying that but the passion I once had for them is long gone. Great result none the less and well done to Strachan.

Really good result, just a pity we left it a bit late to change the management as qualification wasn't impossible a few games ago. Saying that, glad we have Strachan now and he will improve us vastly in the long run. :thumbsup:

Were you watching Craig LeVain? That's the way Scotland should play ya yam fud :na na:

07-06-2013, 08:15 PM

Get it up ye traitor:fenlon

Pat 0-7
07-06-2013, 08:17 PM
Were you watching Craig LeVain? That's the way Scotland should play ya yam fud :na na:

This. The Yam Fud.

Well done Scotland !!!!! :thumbsup:

carnoustiehibee
07-06-2013, 08:17 PM
Levein played big hoofball, walloping knuckle draggers like himself.

Strachan played wee, tidy, forward thinking possession players like himself.

Massive difference

jodjam
07-06-2013, 08:18 PM
Well done to the ginger fella fae muirhoose

07-06-2013, 08:22 PM

Massive difference

Aye but it was a work in progress with Levein

You could see the improvement in every game

Chris.igoe
07-06-2013, 08:23 PM
A easy £110

robinp
07-06-2013, 08:23 PM
Couldn't help but notice Berra has a rather squint set of eyes, explains his inability to play offside!

07-06-2013, 08:24 PM
Berra is like a deer caught in the headlights in the studio.

Can barely utter a coherent sentence.

07-06-2013, 08:24 PM

Massive difference

Just shows all the folk that said made no difference who the manager was as it was down to the players were talking rubbish, Craig levein never managed one good result and that's Strahan got one already, brilliant.

07-06-2013, 08:25 PM
Butcher disappointed Croatia arent doing more. Were there no Scots available for the gig?!

Wasnt Butcher it was Tony Dorigo, no idea why but he was ok over the whole game.

07-06-2013, 08:25 PM
What about this twat....take it no Jambos were playing.

“@BarryAnderson_8: Yas! Rio here we come! #Scotland”

“@BarryAnderson_8: How to win without crossing the halfway line, by Bonnie #Scotland.”

07-06-2013, 08:26 PM
What a difference a decent manager makes. Now, if we had launched Harry Potter when I and thousands of others first said we should, maybe, just maybe we wouldn't be missing out on yet another party next summer. Well done WGS and well done to the players who felt that playing for their country was more important than buggering off to the beach with their mates or wife and kids.

07-06-2013, 08:27 PM
What's that fud Berra talking about sour grapes for? His criminally inept ex-gaffer Levein?

07-06-2013, 08:27 PM

“@BarryAnderson_8: How to win without crossing the halfway line, by Bonnie #Scotland.”

That was reference to the Croat manager stating in the press that Scotland wouldn't cross line.

07-06-2013, 08:28 PM

Clueless erse comments.

07-06-2013, 08:29 PM
Wasnt Butcher it was Tony Dorigo, no idea why but he was ok over the whole game.

Ah. Did ask a couple of times as it sounded a bit like Butcher but a bit Aussie! Makes sense now!

07-06-2013, 08:29 PM
Berra is like a deer caught in the headlights in the studio.

Can barely utter a coherent sentence.

Maybe he had a wee bet on Croatia. He did have a strange look on his face. Can't BBC Scotland get some decent pundits instead of the usual suspects.

Anyway great result considering how many Croatia were going to hit us for tonight.

07-06-2013, 08:32 PM
Aye but it was a work in progress with Levein

You could see the improvement in every game

lol

Another 3 years and we'd have been in a position to reverse our fortunes and start reeling in teams like Mauritius and Tonga

07-06-2013, 08:32 PM
A big **** ye tae the croat wideo who said we'd never pass the half way line.

Another one to all the scotsmen who wanted us to get beaten.... GIRFUY.

MON THE SCOTS

ENDOF :D

07-06-2013, 08:34 PM
Can't BBC Scotland get some decent pundits instead of the usual suspects..

Agree iro the yams... Nowt wrong with wee pat though

mixumatosis
07-06-2013, 08:36 PM
****** me, i've never seen christophe berra speak before. Does someone inflate him periodically while he's talking? He comes across as too stupid to manage two bodily functions at once.

lEXO
07-06-2013, 08:37 PM
Great result and solid performance. Well done Scotland.

07-06-2013, 08:40 PM
Scotland wins..... Engineered by wee gogs who is................... FROM THE CAPITAAALLLLLL.......... FROM THE CAPITAAALLLLLL...... :D

07-06-2013, 08:41 PM

Does he not realise that we can't mathematically qualify for the WC after a certain ex yam f***** up our qualifying campaign from the start!

Anyways great result against the 4th placed best team in the world. Keep it up!

The Toun Hibee
07-06-2013, 08:41 PM
Nice way to finally end the season.

carnoustiehibee
07-06-2013, 08:49 PM

Think you ****ed up there

07-06-2013, 08:52 PM
Am i allowed to say that because i've become so accustomed to being merde that I think looking back the players deserve huge credit for the result? As a performance, they made very few vital errors. Credit where its due surely.

Chibs
07-06-2013, 08:53 PM
Agree iro the yams... Nowt wrong with wee pat though
Pat Nevins last toley has a higher IQ than the gay kryton and the plook put together.

07-06-2013, 08:54 PM
Does he not realise that we can't mathematically qualify for the WC after a certain ex yam f***** up our qualifying campaign from the start!

Anyways great result against the 4th placed best team in the world. Keep it up!

Oops! i think Barry had the blinkers off and the football goggles on for once! Even fuds get it right now and again!

07-06-2013, 08:56 PM
Scotland did well. Croatia were mince though. Shame Sparky didn't get much of a look in.

07-06-2013, 08:58 PM
Stuck to the game plan
Croatia not at their best
Players who clearly wanted to be there
Nae sign o' Harry Potter

Good night all round really :greengrin

07-06-2013, 09:44 PM
Christophe Berra's not been involved for wolves for the last months for 'various reasons'.

Those reasons are simple pal -- you are *****!!!!

07-06-2013, 10:11 PM
Was Nevin a bit fu tonight? Thought he sounded like he'd had an extended liquid lunch.

07-06-2013, 10:24 PM
My extended lunch is continuing til i get the Citylink back to the capital @ 2359. first things first, what a fantastic result, never mind what has gone before!

hibs4thecup1988
07-06-2013, 10:48 PM
I thought we deserved that.

For people that are saying "McGregor and Whittaker were pash" :faf: Load of bull.

The 11 members where superb. Ran their socks off the whole game. Cannot fault anyone. Thought the defence was superb. Hanley and MArtin not letting a Champions League winning striker get a sniff says a lot!

Maloney was his direct usual self and was superb.

Man of The Match for me though was Hutton. Thought he was tremendous the whole 90 minutes.

07-06-2013, 11:23 PM
Just shows all the folk that said made no difference who the manager was as it was down to the players were talking rubbish, Craig levein never managed one good result and that's Strahan got one already, brilliant.

Correct. Highly annoying when people say that as it's been proven time and time again (not just with Scotland, ALL teams!) that manager can make a massive difference.

07-06-2013, 11:25 PM
I thought we deserved that.

For people that are saying "McGregor and Whittaker were pash" :faf: Load of bull.

The 11 members where superb. Ran their socks off the whole game. Cannot fault anyone. Thought the defence was superb. Hanley and MArtin not letting a Champions League winning striker get a sniff says a lot!

Maloney was his direct usual self and was superb.

Man of The Match for me though was Hutton. Thought he was tremendous the whole 90 minutes.

I thought Whittaker had a few shaky moments to be fair but he was far from pish.

Thought a lot of the players did a lot of unrecognised work, including Leigh who hurried and chased for the full hour he was on.

There genuinely was a point though, where the commentator mentioned James Morrison's name late in the second half and I'd genuinely forgotten he was on the pitch til then...

Bad Habits
07-06-2013, 11:45 PM
Just watched the highlights, the kit looks awesome with the blue shorts IMO :thumbsup:

07-06-2013, 11:54 PM
My comments in the first half were maybe a little OTT ("defence has been shocking") but in relative terms, the defence hadn't been great up until that point. We seemed to be hesitant at dealing with what little Croatia had thrown at us and there were more than a couple of occasions when a 'switched on' set of forwards could have nipped in between our last defender and McGregor.

Overall, it was a great result and probably a better midfield performance than we've seen since before Levien. Nothing too inspiring yet but I'm prepared to wait for that provided our improvement is continuous.

08-06-2013, 08:40 AM
Any win against Croatia should be seen as a fantastic result, and when you think that we only really conceded a couple of decent chances, it has to go down as a great performance too.

Well done to everyone involved, even Mark McGee. :greengrin

08-06-2013, 08:59 AM
Great result.

I can never understand why certain folk come out with stupid boasts before games like " they wont cross the half way line " or " it will be at least 3 - 0 ".

Scotland have been mince in these qualifiers, but I cant help thinking the Croats looked at how we have been playing football and knew nothing about us as a nation.

We can appreciate the talents of a better team and hold our hand up when they beat us.

We cannot however stand a ****ing big heid.

08-06-2013, 09:08 AM
We can appreciate the talents of a better team and hold our hand up when they beat us.

We cannot however stand a ****ing big heid.

Correct. Don Hutchison proved that at Wembley last time out :D

08-06-2013, 05:33 PM
Just watched the highlights, the kit looks awesome with the blue shorts IMO :thumbsup:

It did look great, although my immediate thought was "that's what we looked like against Peru and Iran in 1978" - looks like that monkey's off our back!

08-06-2013, 10:57 PM
Possibly more to do with seedings than anything else but for Scotland to be the second team ever to beat Croatia at their patch competitively is pretty impressive.

Can't help thinking that we might now have a manager that knows how to get the best out of our players. At the end of the day, despite a huge number of call offs, we had 3/4 guys in that team playing on the back of a great season in the premiership. We put ourselves down too often!

09-06-2013, 08:58 AM
Possibly more to do with seedings than anything else but for Scotland to be the second team ever to beat Croatia at their patch competitively is pretty impressive.

Can't help thinking that we might now have a manager that knows how to get the best out of our players. At the end of the day, despite a huge number of call offs, we had 3/4 guys in that team playing on the back of a great season in the premiership. We put ourselves down too often!

The result against Croatia while welcome means nothing (yet) IMO. Scotland beat France in Paris years ago and nothing came of that - this was a makeshift team, that played well against an off-form and arrogant team ... if Strachan can follow on from this with some good and consistent results then this may be a sign of something good happening, but this one-off shouldn't be seen as a new dawn of sorts yet...

09-06-2013, 09:09 AM
In the after match analysis they were saying what a great result and how with so many key players out such as Caldwell, Brown, Miller etc that we can do even better. Surely missing the point that we did well without these guys who fail to perform for Scotland, if we bring back the 'old guard' and start the next game with Caldwell at the back and Miller up front it would be very disappointing.

09-06-2013, 09:10 AM
In the after match analysis they were saying what a great result and how with so many key players out such as Caldwell, Brown, Miller etc that we can do even better. Surely missing the point that we did well without these guys who fail to perform for Scotland, if we bring back the 'old guard' and start the next game with Caldwell at the back and Miller up front it would be very disappointing.

True. Caldwell & Miller are finished at international level.

09-06-2013, 09:13 AM

One step forward, two steps back. We need to cut the deadwood now and build for the future

09-06-2013, 09:56 AM
True. Caldwell & Miller are finished at international level.

They may be finished (and I dont think Caldwell is) but both have served their country with real passion, honesty and pride. Both IMO have done very well, especially Miller who never missed a game with a dubious injury, even when at Rangers and is still more than happy to travel half way accross the world for a friendly. Maybe not the best scoring record but Messi would struggle in recent Scotland teams.

Bill Milne
09-06-2013, 10:06 AM
Sitting in Split (Croatia) as I type and waiters in the hotel think Scotland played well, despite bollocks from their team manager prior to the game. FFS, Hutton was the MOM!! Obviously, we did not miss f*nnies like Caldwell, long may it continue. A good team performance all round IMO.

09-06-2013, 10:20 AM
Sitting in Split (Croatia) as I type and waiters in the hotel think Scotland played well, despite bollocks from their team manager prior to the game. FFS, Hutton was the MOM!! Obviously, we did not miss f*nnies like Caldwell, long may it continue. A good team performance all round IMO.

Hutton was superb, :agree: i thought he's been pish for quite a while, but on Friday he was back to how he used to play a few years ago when he broke through into the squad. He is an athlete who does get up and down the pitch when on form fantastically well.

09-06-2013, 07:28 PM

Hutton was superb, :agree: i thought he's been pish for quite a while, but on Friday he was back to how he used to play a few years ago when he broke through into the squad. He is an athlete who does get up and down the pitch when on form fantastically well.

Hutton was indeed excellent but my MotM was Martin who was immense in a role unfamiliar to him :agree:

10-06-2013, 07:36 AM
Just a point to all the doubters :fenlon

Watching Scotland is like watching Hibs you do not know what team will turn up, but we will support them regardless of the result.

What a result, what a trip, what a change in the attitude of the players and management staff.

Bring on the English

:saltireflag:saltireflag:saltireflag:saltireflag:s altireflag:saltireflag

10-06-2013, 02:29 PM
They may be finished (and I dont think Caldwell is) but both have served their country with real passion, honesty and pride. Both IMO have done very well, especially Miller who never missed a game with a dubious injury, even when at Rangers and is still more than happy to travel half way accross the world for a friendly. Maybe not the best scoring record but Messi would struggle in recent Scotland teams.

I'll bet he wouldnt have. :greengrin