PDA

View Full Version : Claros to return to Hibs?

Pages : [1] 2 3

sundo1875
06-06-2013, 06:44 PM
Honduran report saying that Claros is likely to stay another year at Hibs
Great news if true
http://www.golcatracho.com/jorge-claros-lejos-de-volver-a-motagua/

CallumLaidlaw
06-06-2013, 06:47 PM
Great news if true

1 year would seem strange as that would take him to the end of his contract with Motagua I think

Speedway
06-06-2013, 06:54 PM
Claris doesn't want to go back to Montagua, Spanky doesn't want to play for Wolves; both want to stay at the cabbage. What has Pat put in the water at ER?

Vault Boy
06-06-2013, 07:07 PM
1 year would seem strange as that would take him to the end of his contract with Motagua I think

It would take him to the end of his contract, but if he really doesn't want to go back it's probably the easiest thing to do, seeing as Hibs can't really pay the prices they were asking for. Delighted if he stays. :agree:

bingo70
06-06-2013, 07:09 PM
I actually hope claros doesn't stay, he was good last season but we've just signed tudur-Jones and we already had too many defensive midfielders.

Speedway
06-06-2013, 07:14 PM
I actually hope claros doesn't stay, he was good last season but we've just signed tudur-Jones and we already had too many defensive midfielders.

How many have we got?

bingo70
06-06-2013, 07:18 PM
How many have we got?

Otj, taiwo, Robertson (he's a defensive mid, not a box to box one), Stevenson.....think there's someone else that I can't think of just now, maybe not though?

Vault Boy
06-06-2013, 07:20 PM

I think the main problem was that we didn't have enough creative midfielders around them. With the emergence of Harris and the addition of Craig to the team, I don't think that will have that problem again. Presuming Deegan is on the way out, Claros staying would be a bonus to us.

Speedway
06-06-2013, 07:21 PM
Robertson's never a defensive mid. We've got three without Claros.

MagicSwirlingShip
06-06-2013, 07:26 PM
I'd be delighted if this is true. You can never have too many quality midfielders :thumbsup:

Part/Time Supporter
06-06-2013, 07:27 PM
Great news if true

It's quoting the Motagua club president as saying that Claros doesn't want to go back to Honduras and most likely he will stay at Hibs for another year.

adhibs
06-06-2013, 07:29 PM
Had given up on this one, delighted

bingo70
06-06-2013, 07:30 PM
Robertson's never a defensive mid. We've got three without Claros.

Still too many.

I just really hope our midfielders will be supporting our strikers next season so if we did sign him alarm bells would be ringing for me Tbh.

Vault Boy
06-06-2013, 07:35 PM
Still too many.

I just really hope our midfielders will be supporting our strikers next season so if we did sign him alarm bells would be ringing for me Tbh.

Well hopefully we'll be going 4-4-2 next season. With that, we should have Craig and Harris supporting the strikers, along with Robertson when he is playing. Tudur-Jones is said to have a good strike on him so will no doubt want to get a bit further forward than our other defensive midfielders. I think it's also important to consider that Stevenson played most of his games at full back last season (quite well may I add) so he isn't really in contention for the midfield spots.

hibee_nation
06-06-2013, 07:37 PM
On his day Claros is a class act, delighted if he stays regardless of how many midfielders we have. You can never have too much quality in your squad.

bingo70
06-06-2013, 07:38 PM
Well hopefully we'll be going 4-4-2 next season. With that, we should have Craig and Harris supporting the strikers, along with Robertson when he is playing. Tudur-Jones is said to have a good strike on him so will no doubt want to get a bit further forward than our other defensive midfielders. I think it's also important to consider that Stevenson played most of his games at full back last season (quite well may I add) so he isn't really in contention for the midfield spots.

Maybe your right and I'm just being a Dick, I'm just a bit concerned that we hear how the budget is low then we blow a lot of it on players who play a similar positions. I'm just not convinced we 'need' him ans I hope it doesn't mean we miss out else where

WestEndHibee
06-06-2013, 07:39 PM

It's more a showing of compassion for Claros than business. He really fears for his family back there and loves the safety of Edinburgh and loves the city as a whole. I've heard he's to stay in the uk and that, unless another club offers a good deal, he'll stay at Hibs which he'd love to do.

Heisenberg
06-06-2013, 07:40 PM
OTJ, Claros and Craig as the three in a 4-3-3 midfield looks not bad. But then again I'm not convinced he's vital compared to some other positions that currently need filled.

Mon Dieu4
06-06-2013, 07:40 PM

We maybe have too many of them but he is without doubt the best of them all, other than Sparky (not counting Harris just yet) Jorge is the only other bit of quality we have

we are building a squad, i want one full of 22 players who can comfortably replace each other and not look out of place

Andy74
06-06-2013, 07:43 PM
On his day Claros is a class act, delighted if he stays regardless of how many midfielders we have. You can never have too much quality in your squad.

Correct. Too much obsession with defensive midfielders. It's not them or the number of them that's the issue its that there had been 3 or 4 players ahead of them with not enough quality. Leigh excepted.

Vault Boy
06-06-2013, 07:44 PM
Maybe your right and I'm just being a Dick, I'm just a bit concerned that we hear how the budget is low then we blow a lot of it on players who play a similar positions. I'm just not convinced we 'need' him ans I hope it doesn't mean we miss out else where

Haha just opinions, no one is calling you a dick for having them. :aok:

I'd imagine the money spent on Jorge would be exactly the same as last year if it's a loan extension, so it shouldn't really affect our budget too much. I agree that we need bigger investment in other areas (upfront mainly) but I'd imagine Hibs know that too, so shouldn't put any other potential deals in jeopardy.

HibbyAndy
06-06-2013, 07:46 PM

Correct.

Northernhibee
06-06-2013, 07:53 PM
Properly great news.

FWIW worth I think Taiwo has much more to his game than just a defensive mid, think that OTJ, Claros and Taiwo all bring something slightly different from each other.

Franck Stanton
06-06-2013, 07:55 PM
Hope this is true and he does stay, he is a class act and there are others in the squad who can leave before him [ Spoony, Deegan,Scott as his loan at R/C is over,Done to name but a few]. Thomson is he still here or has he /is he going ? Either way I would prefer Claros before him anyway.

Baldy Foghorn
06-06-2013, 08:01 PM

Ditto, would be delighted if Jorge stays

Wotherspiniesta
06-06-2013, 08:07 PM
Still too many.

Sorry, that's just nonsense. Claros is a quality player who has great ball retention and a great variety of passing. I'd liken him a little to Michael Carrick.

Craig, Robertson and Harris will hopefully chip in with a few goals next season.

hibsbollah
06-06-2013, 08:12 PM
Claris doesn't want to go back to Montagua, Spanky doesn't want to play for Wolves; both want to stay at the cabbage. What has Pat put in the water at ER?

I would Love it if they were called Claris and Spanky :agree:

J-C
06-06-2013, 08:21 PM

His own enthusiasm for the club has obviously payed off, pride in being a Hibs player once again. :greengrin

Northernhibee
06-06-2013, 08:23 PM
I would Love it if they were called Claris and Spanky :agree:

Seeing as how it's not gotten an outing in a while :greengrin

J-C
06-06-2013, 08:25 PM
Properly great news.

FWIW worth I think Taiwo has much more to his game than just a defensive mid, think that OTJ, Claros and Taiwo all bring something slightly different from each other.

Claros is a pure DM, Taiwo can play there or CM, while OTJ is same as Taiwo, TBH can't see Thomson being here next season, also Robertson is your box 2 box player.

Fergos
06-06-2013, 08:29 PM
Great news if this happens.

Best midfielder last year, most consistent.

Jorge, Craig, Tom T, ITJ and Roberston as middle options with Cairney, Harris, Craig also and Lewis all options for the wide areas. Think we need another wide attacking option - and another right back and 2 strikers, one being Sparky please...!

GGTTH.

Mikey
06-06-2013, 08:34 PM
It's worth remembering that we knew about him extending his stay through reports from Honduras, long before it was announced by Hibs.

poolman
06-06-2013, 08:43 PM

What nonsense

Baldy Foghorn
06-06-2013, 08:48 PM
It's worth remembering that we knew about him extending his stay through reports from Honduras, long before it was announced by Hibs.

Here's hoping it's the same again.......

frazeHFC
06-06-2013, 09:34 PM
I would love Claros to stay cos he's our best midfielder imo. Him and Taiwo have been excellant together!

Baldy Foghorn
06-06-2013, 09:40 PM
I would love Claros to stay cos he's our best midfielder imo. Him and Taiwo have been excellant together!

:agree::agree::agree:

Taz_hibee
06-06-2013, 09:46 PM
Claros is a class act, IMO our best midfielder last season

TomoHFC
06-06-2013, 09:47 PM
Next Season Midfield if Claros Stays:
Craig-Claros-Tudor Jones-Harris

Northernhibee
06-06-2013, 09:52 PM
Williams
Clancy - McPake - Hanlon - McGivern
Harris - Tudor-Jones - Robertson - Claros - Craig
Pope

Potential team next season, would be quite happy with that just now if we can't get Sparky?

Eyrie
06-06-2013, 09:54 PM
Fingers crossed that we can can keep him. Claros is a class player.

MyJo
06-06-2013, 09:55 PM

_______________Williams

Forster____McPake____Hanlon____McGivern

_________Jones________Claros
Harris_________________________Craig

___________________Sparky
____________Pope

That'll ding-dang-do for me :agree:

Zazu62
06-06-2013, 09:56 PM

And we also have Robertson and Taiwo ... Deegan(?) .. Would like another winger and midfield is looking decent

Hopefully we can get all our new signings done before or just after pre-season so it will let the team gel.

:wink:

Eyrie
06-06-2013, 09:58 PM
And we also have Robertson and Taiwo ... Deegan(?) .. Would like another winger and midfield is looking decent

Hopefully we can get all our new signings done before or just after pre-season so it will let the team gel.

:wink:

Deegan is out of contract, but we do need another winger. Wylde is a free agent now, so I wonder if we've been in touch given our interest back in January.

Zazu62
06-06-2013, 10:02 PM
Deegan is out of contract, but we do need another winger. Wylde is a free agent now, so I wonder if we've been in touch given our interest back in January.

Would love Paul Cairney to rediscover his early season form, is he out of contract?

Vault Boy
06-06-2013, 10:13 PM
Would love Paul Cairney to rediscover his early season form, is he out of contract?

Has another year.

Unseen work
06-06-2013, 10:59 PM
Would love for this to be true! He makes something's look so effortless and is a real joy to watch! Don't see a problem with havin him, taiwo, Craig and jones as IMO they all bring different attributes to the table and like we have so often seen in recent seasons one or 2 injuries too our main guys were struggling, to have 4 quality players like them is only beneficial for us IMO.

dp00
06-06-2013, 11:08 PM
Claros loves hibs... And Edinburgh ... It's not about money to him it's about happiness and safety of his family... All things he can get with us

Hibby Gav
06-06-2013, 11:10 PM
Fingers crossed it's true, the more quality players we have at ER the better

GGTTH

cabbageandribs1875
06-06-2013, 11:25 PM

i actually wouldn't mind seeing taiwo added to that midfield for a 4-5-1(with sparky up front) change it about to a 4-4-2 for whatever games PF thinks it would beneficial

Postman
07-06-2013, 12:11 AM
_______________Williams

____________Pope

Promising looking side but Forster at right back? Not for me. Didn't look a like a full back at all.

sadtom
07-06-2013, 01:36 AM
I don't think Jorge had a particularly good final. Gave away the ball much more than usual. That aside, if it hadn't been for Sparky's scoring exploits I think Claros would have been a shoo in for our P.O.T.Y. Fantastic news IMHO.

Dibben
07-06-2013, 05:13 AM
If this happens, it'll be fantastic news!!!

BSEJVT
07-06-2013, 06:00 AM
I like Claros and have from day 1 but it bothered me how easy a ride Scott Brown had in the final.

I am not convinced Claros has the physical ability to dominate a midfield and if other teams wisen up to the fact that he dictates our play and sit someone on him I am not sure how he will fare.

Having said that he IMO our best midfielder and there are numerous others I would prefer to lose before him.

CallumLaidlaw
07-06-2013, 06:21 AM
I like Claros and have from day 1 but it bothered me how easy a ride Scott Brown had in the final.

I am not convinced Claros has the physical ability to dominate a midfield and if other teams wisen up to the fact that he dictates our play and sit someone on him I am not sure how he will fare.

Having said that he IMO our best midfielder and there are numerous others I would prefer to lose before him.

Disagree with that. Brown was outstanding in the final, but Claros done a good job on him to the point he had him wound up.

NorthNorfolkHFC
07-06-2013, 07:13 AM
Disagree with that. Brown was outstanding in the final, but Claros done a good job on him to the point he had him wound up.

It didn't stop him playing though so the 'winding up' is irrelevant.

He bossed the midfield in terms of the football game and Claros' remit would have been to stop him playing not 'wind him up'. So if Claros had to go out and stop Brown playing, i hate to say but he didn't do his job.

dangermouse
07-06-2013, 07:16 AM
_______________Williams

____________Pope

Excuse my ignorance but who is Pope and I don't mean the Italian guy at the Vatican?

Brightside
07-06-2013, 07:25 AM
Excuse my ignorance but who is Pope and I don't mean the Italian guy at the Vatican?

Pope is someone we will not be signing. With Claros staying there is no doubt we'll play 5 in midfield next season. We just need to make sure that we actually have attacking midfielders that can turn 451 into 433 very quickly.

Andy74
07-06-2013, 08:13 AM
Pope is someone we will not be signing. With Claros staying there is no doubt we'll play 5 in midfield next season. We just need to make sure that we actually have attacking midfielders that can turn 451 into 433 very quickly.

Why is there no doubt?

Chick1875
07-06-2013, 08:16 AM

Are you of your head, have you seen Tudur-Jones play before apart from against Hibs? The guy is 28 year old and has been playing for Inverness I'm guessing he's an average at best player. Claros had a great season last season so how you can just dismiss that for a unknown quantity is rediculous. Tawio would also be a start for me he finished strong towards the end of the season. For me Tudur-Jones will have to prove himself no just thrown in because we have signed him. Although with Fenlons poor tactics and decisions who knows what will happen.

GGTTH

LeighLoyal
07-06-2013, 08:16 AM
Hope so! :aok:

The Leith Dutch
07-06-2013, 08:25 AM
On the plus side - Claros is a class player; It's good that our Club is seen as a good one to be with; It gives us consistency which tends to make the same players perform better.

This would give us the following list of players looking for a place in Midfield:
Claros, Taiwo, Tudor-Jones, Harris, Craig, Robertson, Cairney, Stevenson and the youth players like Stanton pushing for places (Possibly Wotherspoon if he stays)

I like the depth of that midfield but I'd be concerned about how happy some of those players are going to be about either not playing or sitting on the bench. I'd also be a lot happier with that MF if we have the early season Paul Cairney.....if we have the late season one the. i think we need another attacking option in there.

Phil MaGlass
07-06-2013, 08:26 AM
Thats good news, the squad is starting to look quite good (IMO) for next season.

flash
07-06-2013, 08:27 AM
Are you of your head, have you seen Tudur-Jones play before apart from against Hibs? The guy is 28 year old and has been playing for Inverness I'm guessing he's an average at best player. Claros had a great season last season so how you can just dismiss that for a unknown quantity is rediculous. Tawio would also be a start for me he finished strong towards the end of the season. For me Tudur-Jones will have to prove himself no just thrown in because we have signed him. Although with Fenlons poor tactics and decisions who knows what will happen.

GGTTH

First ever post and you manage to have a pop at both the manager and one of our new signings.

Nice touch.

NatureBoy
07-06-2013, 08:28 AM
Noticing a lot of peoples mock up sides have no place for Tawio but automatically include OTJ who lets face it to most of us must be a relativity unknown quantity. Tawio imo has been outstanding in the last few months and I find it baffling that he's dropped totally out of the picture in some people heads. One poster even had Robertson starting and no mention of Tawio:wtf:

Chick1875
07-06-2013, 08:33 AM
First ever post and you manage to have a pop at both the manager and one of our new signings.

Nice touch.

Does it matter if this was my first post or 1000th post ? Is this not a place where you can give an opinion ?

The Leith Dutch
07-06-2013, 08:39 AM
Noticing a lot of peoples mock up sides have no place for Tawio but automatically include OTJ who lets face it to most of us must be a relativity unknown quantity. Tawio imo has been outstanding in the last few months and I find it baffling that he's dropped totally out of the picture in some people heads. One poster even had Robertson starting and no mention of Tawio:wtf:

Completely agree.

When he first arrived I wasn't convinced about Taiwo but as he's settled in he's just got better and better for me.

I think he's capable of a few goals (not that his record backs me up) but if he's in a team that's dominating opposition more I think he makes some very intelligent runs when the team are pressing forward.

NorthNorfolkHFC

That poster was me, OTJ played an integral role with Inverness this year who finished 4th. I reckon he deserves a spot. He scored 2 goals as well.

Liam Craig played almost every game for a St Johnstone team that finished 3rd he also scored 8 goals.

Scott Robertson was a fairly prominent member of a United side that finished above us over a number of seasons. He also weighed in with a few goals despite injury. He won a move down south because he was playing well (albeit didn't work out).

I like both Claros and Taiwo but always worry about us getting bullied in midfield and think we need to toughen up. Claros and Taiwo are tidy players with ability but we need a little more to compete in this league.

LeighLoyal

I thought Taiwo and Claros were our two best guys at Hampden.

NatureBoy
07-06-2013, 09:09 AM
That poster was me, OTJ played an integral role with Inverness this year who finished 4th. I reckon he deserves a spot. He scored 2 goals as well.

Liam Craig played almost every game for a St Johnstone team that finished 3rd he also scored 8 goals.

Scott Robertson was a fairly prominent member of a United side that finished above us over a number of seasons. He also weighed in with a few goals despite injury. He won a move down south because he was playing well (albeit didn't work out).

I like both Claros and Taiwo but always worry about us getting bullied in midfield and think we need to toughen up. Claros and Taiwo are tidy players with ability but we need a little more to compete in this league.

Your points are all valid and have merit. I believe Fenlon has signed OTJ with the intention of playing him but to automatically drop Tawio would appear to be extremely harsh. Tawio was coming on to a great game last season and would definitely be starting the season for me. OTJ will have to fight for his place which can only be a good thing.

I was excited to when we signed Robertson but lets be honest thus far he's been a massive disappointment. Fresh start next season for him and I hope he can hit the ground running but going by what I've seen so far he's a sub at best for me.

Craig I agree with you could be a very important player for us and add some much needed balance to the midfield.

J-C
07-06-2013, 09:32 AM
Otj, taiwo, Robertson (he's a defensive mid, not a box to box one), Stevenson.....think there's someone else that I can't think of just now, maybe not though?

Years
Team
Apps†
(Gls)†

2003–2008
Dundee (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dundee_F.C.)
(10)

→ Peterhead (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peterhead_F.C.) (loan)
(4)

2008–2012
Dundee United (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dundee_United_F.C.)
(9)

Not a bad return for a so called DM, he's a central box 2 box midfielder.

flash
07-06-2013, 09:34 AM
Does it matter if this was my first post or 1000th post ? Is this not a place where you can give an opinion ?

Not at all. Your post is negative pish regardless.

hibsbollah
07-06-2013, 11:03 AM
Your points are all valid and have merit. I believe Fenlon has signed OTJ with the intention of playing him but to automatically drop Tawio would appear to be extremely harsh. Tawio was coming on to a great game last season and would definitely be starting the season for me. OTJ will have to fight for his place which can only be a good thing.

I was excited to when we signed Robertson but lets be honest thus far he's been a massive disappointment. Fresh start next season for him and I hope he can hit the ground running but going by what I've seen so far he's a sub at best for me.

Craig I agree with you could be a very important player for us and add some much needed balance to the midfield.

Totally agree about Taiwo. Our most underrated player. Taking the season as a whole if say he was our 4th best player this season behind Leigh, Claros and Ben Williams.

Stevie Reid
07-06-2013, 11:33 AM
Totally agree about Taiwo. Our most underrated player. Taking the season as a whole if say he was our 4th best player this season behind Leigh, Claros and Ben Williams.

:agree:

I can't believe how much I'm having to defend Williams on the goalkeeper thread, as he is not only a good player in his own right, he is vastly superior to anyone who has played his position for many years.

Similarly, Taiwo has not only had a very productive season for us, but he is considerable improvement on so many of the other imposters that have claimed to have been midfielders in recent seasons - I don't understand how people can't see it.

He has bags of energy and will run himself into the ground for the team - he is quick in possession and keeps things simple and keeps the ball moving, and I don't recall him giving the ball away very much. He knows his limitations as well, which is to his credit.

Iain G
07-06-2013, 11:46 AM

I can't believe how much I'm having to defend Williams on the goalkeeper thread, as he is not only a good player in his own right, he is vastly superior to anyone who has played his position for many years.

Similarly, Taiwo has not only had a very productive season for us, but he is considerable improvement on so many of the other imposters that have claimed to have been midfielders in recent seasons - I don't understand how people can't see it.

He has bags of energy and will run himself into the ground for the team - he is quick in possession and keeps things simple and keeps the ball moving, and I don't recall him giving the ball away very much. He knows his limitations as well, which is to his credit.

I think the problem is most of us remember Goram and Leighton, and even Danny Anderson! Ben is a good keeper and better than a lot of our recent custodians, but still has a way to go to be as good as Andy or Jim...:agree:

patlowe
07-06-2013, 11:47 AM
I'd given up on us keeping Claros so this would be fantastic news if true. I can understand why people might think we have too many 'defensive' midfielders but put the right players alongside a guy like Claros and he will make things happen in an attacking sense. Look back at the wins over Hearts at Tynie and Killie at Rugby Park. With good width and intelligent runs from Griffiths and Harris, Claros' range of passing was outstanding and he started many an effective counter attack with quick, accurate crossfield balls. He's an excellent 'deep-lying playmaker', not to mention his sterling work defensively.

truehibernian
07-06-2013, 11:53 AM

What also impresses me about TT is when you look at his career, his work ethic is superb when you consider here is a lad who Leeds United got £5 million comp for (with another player admittedly), picked up lots of cash, then had horrendous injuries, but was resilient enough to come back and want to play football regardless of the level he had been used to (Chelsea, Leeds Utd) or touted as being good enough for.

He is articulate, driven and appears settled and happy here. His work rate in games is fantastic and he never lets his energy levels drop - a fit young lad.

Compare TT to that mess of a footballer that was Matt Thornhill - or indeed Vic Palsson, who thought he was already a superstar and felt one game out of four was enough to contribute.

We've beaten Hearts, and not lost to them, not down to Leigh's goals, but our midfields desire this year to not be over run, over awed and out worked. Watch the derbies all back and watch the workrate that our midfielders put in home and away to Hearts. In not one game do Hearts dominate possession or patches of play - they were not allowed to. TT played in all of them bar the 1-1 game I think.

Fergus52
07-06-2013, 03:22 PM

Was just about to post saying the exact same thing :agree:

poolman
07-06-2013, 04:02 PM
What also impresses me about TT is when you look at his career, his work ethic is superb when you consider here is a lad who Leeds United got £5 million comp for (with another player admittedly), picked up lots of cash, then had horrendous injuries, but was resilient enough to come back and want to play football regardless of the level he had been used to (Chelsea, Leeds Utd) or touted as being good enough for.

He is articulate, driven and appears settled and happy here. His work rate in games is fantastic and he never lets his energy levels drop - a fit young lad.

Compare TT to that mess of a footballer that was Matt Thornhill - or indeed Vic Palsson, who thought he was already a superstar and felt one game out of four was enough to contribute.

We've beaten Hearts, and not lost to them, not down to Leigh's goals, but our midfields desire this year to not be over run, over awed and out worked. Watch the derbies all back and watch the workrate that our midfielders put in home and away to Hearts. In not one game do Hearts dominate possession or patches of play - they were not allowed to. TT played in all

of them bar the 1-1 game I think.

Good post

lumbo_hfc
07-06-2013, 04:08 PM
I thought Taiwo and Claros were our two best guys at Hampden.
Taiwo Yes (our only good player), Claros No!!

Suprised at Claros being back, Happy but not delighted. Thought the money would have went elsewhere as we already have Taiwo, Tudor-Jones, Robertson, Craig, Stevenson plus youngsters coming through for 3, maybe 2 positions. Would much rather have tryed to sign Thomson. Just my opinion!

hibsbollah
07-06-2013, 04:46 PM

I'm glad i missed the goalkeeper thread in that case. Anyone who cant see what Big Ben has brought to the team cant have been paying attention, simple as that.

blackpoolhibs
07-06-2013, 04:54 PM
I'm glad i missed the goalkeeper thread in that case. Anyone who cant see what Big Ben has brought to the team cant have been paying attention, simple as that.

Nonsense, i can see he's been decent this year. I think some of his saves have been as good as i have seen a Hibs keeper make. I also think when he faces a one on one, he has done very well. I wont ignore the superman impressions he made during our unbeaten run at the start of the season, or his mistakes.

And i wont ignore how they have crept back into his game after generally cutting them out. I think i may have noticed them because i was paying attention? :wink:

PS i hope we can get Claros back, he's been terrific for us.

hibsbollah
07-06-2013, 04:59 PM
Nonsense, i can see he's been decent this year. I think some of his saves have been as good as i have seen a Hibs keeper make. I also think when he faces a one on one, he has done very well. I wont ignore the superman impressions he made during our unbeaten run at the start of the season, or his mistakes.

And i wont ignore how they have crept back into his game after generally cutting them out. I think i may have noticed them because i was paying attention? :wink:

PS i hope we can get Claros back, he's been terrific for us.

I havent read the thread, but it sounds like you rate him to me, and have therefore been paying attention. Well done :greengrin

In all seriousness, his weak point is unquestionably a tendency to flap at the crossed ball. But if he didnt have a weakness he wouldnt be in the SPL. id take him over any other spl keeper bar Forster. A great signing.

blackpoolhibs
07-06-2013, 05:03 PM
I havent read the thread, but it sounds like you rate him to me, and have therefore been paying attention. Well done :greengrin

In all seriousness, his weak point is unquestionably a tendency to flap at the crossed ball. But if he didnt have a weakness he wouldnt be in the SPL. id take him over any other spl keeper bar Forster. A great signing.

I don't really watch the opposition players unless they play us, and every keeper seems to do well against Hibs. :greengrin

I'm yet to be convinced with Williams, but hope he can improve.

SaulGoodman
08-06-2013, 12:18 AM

GGTTH

I despair.

A pop at a poster, a new signed player, the manager and his tactics all in your first post! Good work :wink:

kaimendhibs
08-06-2013, 12:38 AM
I really hope Jorge stays, he is a joy to watch at times. Im astounded that some oin here dont mind if he leaves. Mention also to Tom Taiwo, think he has really come on leaps and bounds

Baker9
08-06-2013, 06:49 AM
Not sure that Harris will start in this stronger setup. Jim McDonagh in his commentary on the East of Scotland shield game mentioned 4-1-4-1 formation as standard throughout the youth setup, presumably because that is PF's chosen first team formation. I suspect the manager has in mind the following as his starting line-up:

4 Clancy McPake Hanlon McGivern - (all likely to start if fit)

1 Claros - (not a huge fan of his going forward and he has limitations but would have him in the current team as holding mid)

4 Robertson - Tudor Jones - Taiwo - Craig - (I am sure that Robertson was bought as a first team starter and I'm glad of that. Certain he is good and will prove it. Three out of that four have goals in them and we finally have a viable team)

1 Griffiths (or a good striker up front would make that a very strong team).

Subs will be given a run out in games when we have a comfortable lead :agree:

Aldo
08-06-2013, 06:57 AM
Not sure that Harris will start in this stronger setup. Jim McDonagh in his commentary on the East of Scotland shield game mentioned 4-1-4-1 formation as standard throughout the youth setup, presumably because that is PF's chosen first team formation. I suspect the manager has in mind the following as his starting line-up:

4 Clancy McPake Hanlon McGivern - (all likely to start if fit)

1 Claros - (not a huge fan of his going forward and he has limitations but would have him in the current team as holding mid)

4 Robertson - Tudor Jones - Taiwo - Craig - (I am sure that Robertson was bought as a first team starter and I'm glad of that. Certain he is good and will prove it. Three out of that four have goals in them and we finally have a viable team)

1 Griffiths (or a good striker up front would make that a very strong team).

Subs will be given a run out in games when we have a comfortable lead :agree:

Sorry but that team has no attacking threat barring Leigh. We need some pace especially in the wide areas.

Treadstone
08-06-2013, 07:34 AM
Not sure that Harris will start in this stronger setup.

Harris is an absolute certain starter.

NadeAteMyLunch!
08-06-2013, 08:24 AM
Harris would be my first name on the team sheet(assuming Sparky ain't here)

KeithTheHibby
08-06-2013, 08:54 AM

We've beaten Hearts, and not lost to them, not down to Leigh's goals, but our midfields desire this year to not be over run, over awed and out worked. Watch the derbies all back and watch the workrate that our midfielders put in home and away to Hearts. In not one game do Hearts dominate possession or patches of play - they were not allowed to. TT played in all of them bar the 1-1 game I think.

Bang on.

#FromTheCapital
08-06-2013, 09:02 AM
This will be a huge season for young Harris, as long as he doesn't have a huge dip in form or any injuries, I'd expect him to start every game, he's the type of player we've been needing for a long time. Does anyone know how long his contract is?

Claros has been a joy to watch this season, a class above some of the players we've been forced to watch in recent history. Il be delighted if we get to keep him.

Sir David Gray
08-06-2013, 02:21 PM
This will be a huge season for young Harris, as long as he doesn't have a huge dip in form or any injuries, I'd expect him to start every game, he's the type of player we've been needing for a long time. Does anyone know how long his contract is?

Claros has been a joy to watch this season, a class above some of the players we've been forced to watch in recent history. Il be delighted if we get to keep him.

We've got him signed until next summer at the moment.

Hopefully that can be extended in the very near future.

Stringer
08-06-2013, 02:34 PM

Harris will only be effective if he has quick ball. Claros will slow things down. Hopefully OTJ and Taiwo play behind the attackers to give them quick ball. There is no zip on Claros passes.

Don't get me wrong, I would like us to keep Claros but IMO Taiwo is a better option. His passing and tackling are superior.

patlowe
08-06-2013, 03:47 PM
Harris will only be effective if he has quick ball. Claros will slow things down. Hopefully OTJ and Taiwo play behind the attackers to give them quick ball. There is no zip on Claros passes.

Don't get me wrong, I would like us to keep Claros but IMO Taiwo is a better option. His passing and tackling are superior.

Quick passes over the top from Claros to Griffiths set up loads of chances this season IIRC.

blackpoolhibs
08-06-2013, 04:16 PM
As much as i have been impressed with Taiwo this season, especially the longer the season went on. I cant believe folk would prefer him to Claros, Claros has been a much superior player to anyone we had in midfield all season imo. Its not even been close. :confused:

beensaidbefore
09-06-2013, 09:28 PM

totally agree. likes to hold the ball at his feet and keep it simple, albeit too simple sometimes, but i feel that with more attacking runs from those around him, his range of passing could be used to our benefit.

Makaveli
10-06-2013, 08:50 AM
Dunno if this has been mentioned but I see Honduras have a minimum of three fixtures in July (9th, 13th, 16th) as part of the CONCACAF Gold Cup.

In a group with Haiti, El Salvador and T&T they'll surely make at least the quarters (19th/20th), so if Claros is still with us he'll miss our first Europa League game (18th).

#FromTheCapital
10-06-2013, 08:58 AM
As much as i have been impressed with Taiwo this season, especially the longer the season went on. I cant believe folk would prefer him to Claros, Claros has been a much superior player to anyone we had in midfield all season imo. Its not even been close. :confused:

Agree completely

SlickShoes
10-06-2013, 10:21 AM
I think people getting work up about us having too many midfielders is daft, remember we need to have a decent quality on the bench as well as on the field, this year we had a decent 11 but once injuries kicked in we were threadbare.

We have a good goalie finally, we need a strong midfield, for too many years we just get bullied by other teams, we made some progress this year but it still happened a fair bit, more improvement is welcome.

There is nothing I like more than seeing a good player like Claros and Griffiths that also love the club wanting to stay, I'd welcome him back with open arms, he had a terrible start at Hibs but he proved last season he is a good player, if we can get players to want to play here in Edinburgh and feel part of hibs, that is great, much better than the current modern day merrygoround of players every year or two.

--------
11-06-2013, 08:26 AM
_______________Williams

____________Pope

First, there's no guarantee that McPake WILL be fully fit - it's a long, long way from where he was towards the end of the season and where he needs to be to be a regular first choice. Second, we haven't signed Pope - that story's no more than a rumour, and I don't expect it to happen, frankly. Third, it's a bit risky relying on Sparky when we have no clear idea of exactly what Wolves will be looking for once they finally get around to sorting themselves out. And fourth, we've just been raving about Forster as the answer to our problems at centre-back (prematurely, in my opinion, since the lad's still very young and has a lot to learn); I don't see the sense of finding a good prospective CB and immediately trying to make him into a full-back. That's how you ruin young players. I hope Jorge stays; he's a very talented player and with some stronger colleagues around him I would expect him to have a better season next time out than last time.

Fergus52
12-06-2013, 12:05 PM
First, there's no guarantee that McPake WILL be fully fit - it's a long, long way from where he was towards the end of the season and where he needs to be to be a regular first choice. Second, we haven't signed Pope - that story's no more than a rumour, and I don't expect it to happen, frankly. Third, it's a bit risky relying on Sparky when we have no clear idea of exactly what Wolves will be looking for once they finally get around to sorting themselves out. And fourth, we've just been raving about Forster as the answer to our problems at centre-back (prematurely, in my opinion, since the lad's still very young and has a lot to learn); I don't see the sense of finding a good prospective CB and immediately trying to make him into a full-back. That's how you ruin young players. I hope Jorge stays; he's a very talented player and with some stronger colleagues around him I would expect him to have a better season next time out than last time.

Quite a few posters have confirmed that Forster usually played right back for the under 20s and for east fife, not at CB.

J-C
12-06-2013, 02:09 PM
Ivanovic at Chelsea is a world class CH and RB, if a players is just as good in either position all good as far as I'm concerned, McGivern and Hanlon are equally adept at LB and CH.

hibees 7062
12-06-2013, 02:26 PM
Quite a few posters have confirmed that Forster usually played right back for the under 20s and for east fife, not at CB.

Always CB for East Fife , Scott Durie was RB

--------
12-06-2013, 02:34 PM

And quite a few others say the opposite.

Bad Habits
12-06-2013, 03:54 PM
And quite a few others say the opposite.

I think some people may have confused him with Bradley Donaldson who IIRC can play right back :dunno:

--------
12-06-2013, 04:23 PM
I think some people may have confused him with Bradley Donaldson who IIRC can play right back :dunno:

Could be. Given that most folk couldn't spell his name correctly, I wouldn't be surprised.

Big Sexy Dave
12-06-2013, 07:42 PM

Do you watch Hibs games blindfolded?

Bad Habits
12-06-2013, 08:48 PM
Could be. Given that most folk couldn't spell his name correctly, I wouldn't be surprised.
Just checked on the official site and his profile says:
Capable of playing at either right-back or centre-half, Donaldswon has been named amongst the first team substitutes on a few occasions during the first half of the 12/13 SPL season.

--------
12-06-2013, 10:55 PM
Just checked on the official site and his profile says:
Capable of playing at either right-back or centre-half, Donaldson has been named amongst the first team substitutes on a few occasions during the first half of the 12/13 SPL season.

Yup. BD can play at either RB or right CB.

I'm not by any means convinced that the same is true of Jordon Forster, especially as the official site refers to him as a "central defender", with no mention of him being anything else.

blackpoolhibs
13-06-2013, 08:12 AM
Yup. BD can play at either RB or right CB.

I'm not by any means convinced that the same is true of Jordon Forster, especially as the official site refers to him as a "central defender", with no mention of him being anything else.

I'd not hang my coat on anything the official site says, it still has Bertie Auld down as manager. :wink:

On Forster i remember the first time he played at Tynecastle, and apart from playing very very well, my thoughts turned to wondering if he could play right back?

It was because of how comfortable on the ball, and quick over the ground he was. Probably bourne out of being greedy and wanting McPake back fit and looking to try and get both in the side.

It appears he can play full back, and its worth a look at playing him there, has to be better than playing Kevin McCann at centre half? :greengrin

dangermouse
13-06-2013, 09:30 AM
I'd not hang my coat on anything the official site says, it still has Bertie Auld down as manager. :wink:

On Forster i remember the first time he played at Tynecastle, and apart from playing very very well, my thoughts turned to wondering if he could play right back?

It was because of how comfortable on the ball, and quick over the ground he was. Probably bourne out of being greedy and wanting McPake back fit and looking to try and get both in the side.

It appears he can play full back, and its worth a look at playing him there, has to be better than playing Kevin McCann at centre half? :greengrin

Nobody would be that daft, surely :rolleyes:

--------
13-06-2013, 10:50 AM

Ach, I'm not going to get all dogmatic about it. It's not worth falling out over. IIRC Sloop started off at RB after Bobby Duncan's broken leg, and looked OK but not much more. Thankfully Willie Mac moved him to CB and the rest was history.

We're actually talking about two young defenders here - Forster and Donaldson - both genuine prospects and both almost ready for the first team. This is a GOOD THING, methinks.

Pat and the youth coaches seem to know what they're about. I trust them.

Iggy Pope
13-06-2013, 11:47 AM

Have to laugh at all this.
Pro footballer and a defender in to the bargain.

**** me. If he can as much as pee straight then he can play right back FFS.

NeilOrrSquareBa
13-06-2013, 12:02 PM
back on track now please...Claros, staying or going? Who knows?!!:Ummm:

Part/Time Supporter
13-06-2013, 12:29 PM

He's been playing/training with Honduras for the last couple of weeks. Came on as a sub in their WCQ on Tuesday night.

Jim44
27-06-2013, 12:21 PM
I thought that the Claros situation was as yet unresolved but I read his name in a list of players who have left the club.

ManBearPig
27-06-2013, 12:27 PM
Good point kind of overlooked what did his contract have left in Honduras?

CraigHibee
27-06-2013, 12:39 PM
Good point kind of overlooked what did his contract have left in Honduras?

was it not another year on his contract?

sesoim
27-06-2013, 04:45 PM
_______________Williams

____________Pope

That's the same central defence that struggled last season. Why would you want it again? I'd play McGivern at CB with Forster and sign a new RB and LB. I'd put Hanlon in midfield in Claros's spot (Hanlon gets caught out in defence, but in midfield I think he'd flourish and might chip in with a few goals and assists unlike the amazingly overrated Claros).

Upfront, we desperately need two quality signings. Fenlon needs to forget about a 4-5-1 (apart from the odd harder game) if he wants to keep his job beyond September.

HibeeMG
27-06-2013, 04:48 PM
That's the same central defence that struggled last season. Why would you want it again? I'd play McGivern at CB with Forster and sign a new RB and LB. I'd put Hanlon in midfield in Claros's spot (Hanlon gets caught out in defence, but in midfield I think he'd flourish and might chip in with a few goals and assists unlike the amazingly overrated Claros).

Upfront, we desperately need two quality signings. Fenlon needs to forget about a 4-5-1 (apart from the odd harder game) if he wants to keep his job beyond September.

I'm really happy you don't make these decisions.

Allant1981
27-06-2013, 04:48 PM

You would seriously play hanlon in midfield? I really think he would struggle, doesnt really have any pace, doesnt have much skill, not particularly good in a tackle or in the air

easty
27-06-2013, 04:49 PM

Hanlon in midfield, instead of Claros.....naaaaaaaah!

sesoim
27-06-2013, 04:51 PM

Gone, hopefully. We need a completely new look midfield (with lots of variation) if we want to get up to where we should be this season.

bingo70
27-06-2013, 04:54 PM
Gone, hopefully. We need a completely new look midfield (with lots of variation) if we want to get up to where we should be this season.

you'll get stick for it but i agree, i'm hoping for a much more attack minded midfield next season and we've got tudor-jones and taiwo that can play the defensive midfield role.

Purehibee_MYB
27-06-2013, 05:04 PM

I'm with you on this one, If we hadn't signed OTJ then I would have still wanted Claros back, but with a tight budget as it is, we don't need more defensive midfielders so we should use the money elsewhere to get strikers in

blackpoolhibs
27-06-2013, 05:06 PM
Replace Claros with Hanlon, good one. Even i wouldn't have cast my rod out with that one. :top marks

hibeenicol
27-06-2013, 05:07 PM

You've got to be on the wind-up:confused: You hope Claros is away and want to play Hanlon in his place in a new look midfield??? No thanks.

Claros was probably the most improved player last season and imo the 2nd best and most consistent player after Griffiths.

Just_Jimmy
27-06-2013, 05:08 PM
replace our best midfielder with a centre back.

Hilarious. thank Christ you're not Pat Fenlon.

WestEndHibee
27-06-2013, 05:09 PM

Yep even though Claros was one of my favourites last year I think the squad needs a different look. We have a class player in Taiwo and hopefully a good one in OTJ too. I'll miss Jorge but our midfield does need a change.

Centre Hawf
27-06-2013, 06:17 PM
Jorge will go down as probably thee classiest midfielder i've seen at Easter Road in my time going (i'm only 20) I had the pleasure of watching pretty much every game this season bar about 3. Claros was such a tidy player and ran rings round many people in the SPL, against Hearts (2-1) you could see their midfield get more and more frustrated by the lack of success they were having against him and if you watched him closely he filled in for our wandering full backs very well and at times actually looked a natural defender.

He wasn't much of a goal threat and ofcourse some of his ambitious passes could go wayward but he wouldn't be at Hibs if he was the complete package.

The_Exile
27-06-2013, 08:01 PM
Although it pains me to say it, Claros operates way above our level. Replace him with Hanlon? That generated a good belly laugh!! Whatver happens with Jorge its been an absolute priviledge watching him play for us.

blackpoolhibs
27-06-2013, 08:10 PM
Although it pains me to say it, Claros operates way above our level. Replace him with Hanlon? That generated a good belly laugh!! Whatver happens with Jorge its been an absolute priviledge watching him play for us.

:agree: I got him wrong, after that cup final i'd have been happy never to see him again, but he was a joy to watch for 99% of last season.

NadeAteMyLunch!
27-06-2013, 08:21 PM
Anyone that doesn't want Claros to stay surely couldn't have watched many games last season? He was head and shoulders above anyone else other than Leigh.

Purehibee_MYB
27-06-2013, 08:24 PM
Anyone that doesn't want Claros to stay surely couldn't have watched many games last season? He was head and shoulders above anyone else other than Leigh.

I saw most home games last season and I agree that he was quality, but now that we have signed OTJ, signing Claros would just be pointless as that position has plenty of players, if it was a choice between OTJ and Claros I would probably stick with Claros, but Fenlon has made the choice of OTJ and so we should now look to fill other areas of the squad

Gordy M
27-06-2013, 08:29 PM
If we sign another winger, then i see no reason why we cant play otj and claros, harris on one side new winger on the other if it 4 4 2. If its 4 5 1 then you could still play both, two wingers and someone in behind the lone striker.

if we sign an attacking midfielder, im not sure pf would also go for two wingers and two up front as well.

Callum_62
27-06-2013, 08:31 PM
I dont get the whole...weve signed OTJ, so we dont need Claros.

Has anyone actually noticed OTJ when weve played Inverness?

Dont get me wrong I hope he is top drawer.....but suggesting he replaces our best midfilder last season, just coz he is a new signing doesnt make sense for me.

Surely youd rather just keep your best midfielder, if you could?

Maybe OTJ is a replacement for Deegan...?

Hope we can someone sign Jorge again...he'd be the 1st name on my teamsheet in midfield....infact, now sparky is gone he'd probably only be behind Williams in the 1st names on the teamsheet!

Spike Mandela
27-06-2013, 08:37 PM
Jorge will go down as probably thee classiest midfielder i've seen at Easter Road in my time going (i'm only 20) I had the pleasure of watching pretty much every game this season bar about 3. Claros was such a tidy player and ran rings round many people in the SPL, against Hearts (2-1) you could see their midfield get more and more frustrated by the lack of success they were having against him and if you watched him closely he filled in for our wandering full backs very well and at times actually looked a natural defender.

He wasn't much of a goal threat and ofcourse some of his ambitious passes could go wayward but he wouldn't be at Hibs if he was the complete package.

Not having a go just feel really sorry for you. I have had the good fortune to see Sauzee, Stanton, Collins, Latapy, Boozy, Cropley, Zemmama, Brown, jackson etc etc playing midfield. For me Claros doesn't even register as a classy midfielder in their company. Hopefully you will see true class in the future.:cb

Iggy Pope
27-06-2013, 09:07 PM
You would seriously play hanlon in midfield? I really think he would struggle, doesnt really have any pace, doesnt have much skill, not particularly good in a tackle or in the air

Arf! What does that leave? A nice hair-do?
How would you get a pro contract with a top side, make over 130 appearances for them, chip in with a few goals from defence, make 30-odd U-19 and U-21 appearances for your country including some as captain and even captain your boyhood heroes if you could not do any of these things?
I wish I had been half as crap as that!

Not condoning the suggestion that he should be given a midfield slot, but away and bile yer heed.

Scouse Hibee
27-06-2013, 09:12 PM
Not having a go just feel really sorry for you. I have had the good fortune to see Sauzee, Stanton, Collins, Latapy, Boozy, Cropley, Zemmama, Brown, jackson etc etc playing midfield. For me Claros doesn't even register as a classy midfielder in their company. Hopefully you will see true class in the future.:cb

Claros can easily hold his own with several of that group.

Allant1981
27-06-2013, 09:21 PM
Arf! What does that leave? A nice hair-do?
How would you get a pro contract with a top side, make over 130 appearances for them, chip in with a few goals from defence, make 30-odd U-19 and U-21 appearances for your country including some as captain and even captain your boyhood heroes if you could not do any of these things?
I wish I had been half as crap as that!

Not condoning the suggestion that he should be given a midfield slot, but away and bile yer heed.

So you think he has pace, skill and is good in the air, he has none of these qualities so away you go and bile yer heed

Iggy Pope
27-06-2013, 09:21 PM

Centre Hawf did say he was 20, so I think he might rank Claros amongst at least some of those. And so would I.

GreenCastle
27-06-2013, 09:22 PM
Claros once settled was a class act and showed that last season.

While not the most attack minded midfielder we have ever had - I would say he's one of the best defensive midfielders we have ever had. Has a great engine, can break up play and reads the game very well. He also passed the ball better than most in the SPL.

Having watched the USA v Honduras game recently in world cup qualifying - he held his own and looked one of the best players on the pitch against players like Dempsey (Spurs) and Bradley (Roma) of the USA.

I really hope we keep him - he loves Edinburgh and loves Hibs - all depends if we can sort a deal with his club.

Bostonhibby
27-06-2013, 09:24 PM

:agree: quality player, great reader of the game, always looking round for the pass but i sometimes think that, with the exception of Griffiths he is thinking a bit ahead of most of the rest of the team going forward. With more forward thinking players to pick out he would be an even better asset in the future in my opinion.

Iggy Pope
27-06-2013, 09:26 PM
So you think he has pace, skill and is good in the air, he has none of these qualities so away you go and bile yer heed

I think he has enough pace and skill to get by, hence his appearances in the country's top footballing division and his caps for his country.
I think he is more than capable in the air hence his appearances and caps.
I also think he can tackle, which you failed to mention this time, hence his appearances and caps.

That's what I think.

Allant1981
27-06-2013, 09:30 PM
I think he has enough pace and skill to get by, hence his appearances in the country's top footballing division and his caps for his country.
I think he is more than capable in the air hence his appearances and caps.
I also think he can tackle, which you failed to mention this time, hence his appearances and caps.

That's what I think.

I do apologise for not mentioning his tackling again which i dont think he is very good at, we have had worse players than him bought before and he is still with us, he is a sub standard player

Andy74
27-06-2013, 09:32 PM

Away. Claros easily fits in that company. Probably a better footballer than a few of them.

allezsauzee
27-06-2013, 09:34 PM

Jorge is definitely better than Chris Jackson ever was

Jonnyboy
Away. Claros easily fits in that company. Probably a better footballer than a few of them.

Which ones?

Scouse Hibee
I do apologise for not mentioning his tackling again which i dont think he is very good at, we have had worse players than him bought before and he is still with us, he is a sub standard player

I take it you don't rate Hanlon then? :greengrin

Iggy Pope
27-06-2013, 09:38 PM

I agree we have had much worse, if that's what you mean.

He is a long way ahead of sub-standard and his career stats tell you this. By definition, sub-standard would dictate that to succeed, he would have to play at a level much lower than the one he consistently appears at.
But you obviously don't believe the man can do anything on a football field. Like I said, I wish I could have been as crap as him.

SMAXXA
27-06-2013, 09:38 PM
I take it you don't rate Hanlon then? :greengrin

As much as me by the sounds of it :greengrin

Centre Hawf
27-06-2013, 09:54 PM

Like i said i'm only 20, but i'd have Claros over Zemmama, and i'd say Claros was classier than Brown (although not better). Sauzee started midfield but when I can remember him he was more of a defender.

I'm sure one day i'll see someone classier than Claros but this past season has been a joy to just sit and watch him, especially in many of our dire games.

calumhibee1
27-06-2013, 09:59 PM

I'd rather have Claros than Boozy or Zemmama.

Tyler Durden
27-06-2013, 10:33 PM
It was hardly a nonsense post. He's listed what most would consider the best midfielders to play for Hibs in the last 20 years. Plenty would agree that Claros does not belong on their company.

To use Boozy as an obvious comparison. Boozy regularly played well against the Old Firm, outplayed his opposite numbers in wins at Parkhead, Ibrox, Tynie. Took the piss out of Lennon for example, scored against Hearts in a crucial derby. Strolled through a cup final. In all of this, I'm referring to his contribution, before anyone talks about him playing in a better team.

Claros has barely made an impression against the bigger SPL teams, certainly improved in last 2 derbies but offered little before that. Struggled to lay a glove on Brown in the cup final.

If he doesn't return to Hibs, lets see where he ends up. Personally I don't believe he's in demand. Unlike the other players noted earlier, who pretty much all left for better things.

Claros is closer to a Grant Brebner or Mikey Stewart in terms of contribution for Hibs than the players mentioned before (personally wouldn't agree with Zemmama being there either).

Scouse Hibee
27-06-2013, 10:39 PM
It was hardly a nonsense post. He's listed what most would consider the best midfielders to play for Hibs in the last 20 years. Plenty would agree that Claros does not belong on their company.

To use Boozy as an obvious comparison. Boozy regularly played well against the Old Firm, outplayed his opposite numbers in wins at Parkhead, Ibrox, Tynie. Took the piss out of Lennon for example, scored against Hearts in a crucial derby. Strolled through a cup final. In all of this, I'm referring to his contribution, before anyone talks about him playing in a better team.

Claros has barely made an impression against the bigger SPL teams, certainly improved in last 2 derbies but offered little before that. Struggled to lay a glove on Brown in the cup final.

If he doesn't return to Hibs, lets see where he ends up. Personally I don't believe he's in demand. Unlike the other players noted earlier, who pretty much all left for better things.

Claros is closer to a Grant Brebner or Mikey Stewart in terms of contribution for Hibs than the players mentioned before (personally wouldn't agree with Zemmama being there either).

Do me a favour Brebner that's nonsense, Zemmama, Jackson, no chance either.

lEXO
27-06-2013, 10:44 PM
Do me a favour Brebner that's nonsense, Zemmama, Jackson, no chance either.Well said.

Tyler Durden
27-06-2013, 10:45 PM
Claros has been better for Hibs than Darren Jackson?

Brebner had a few decent seasons - Claros just had a decent season, seems a fair comparison to me.

Pat Fenlon commented earlier in the year that he felt Claros didn't get the credit he deserves from the media. The reason is simply most neutrals didn't think he was anything special. Personally I share that view, he's a decent player, nothing more and therefore doesn't deserve to grace lists with Collins, Brown, Sauzee etc

The_Exile
27-06-2013, 11:49 PM
If he does stay, and you're at ER when he is playing, watch Jorge, and only Jorge for 10/15 minutes, watch the way he closes the oppositions passing lanes, I've never, EVER seen consistency like it from a Hibs holding midfielder, our weakness is the wings and full backs, our strength defensively is this guy. He IS a fantastic player, it is a fact, its not an opinion, you can't argue with it, just because he doesnt go by players and score goals doesnt make him "meh". The same folk who dont appreciate his contribution are the same folk who are baffled that Michael Carrick is nominated for player of the year.

davhibby
27-06-2013, 11:50 PM
Claros was a class act all season and I don't understand how people can't see that

hibee92
28-06-2013, 12:15 AM
Jorge Claros is one of the better central midfielders in the league and improves the squad.

For those reasons I want him to remain a Hibernian player.

JOD
28-06-2013, 12:43 AM
I wish I could understand Hondurian for '' I wanna stay at Hibs''

:brickwall

...WentToMowAnSPL
28-06-2013, 01:16 AM
If he does stay, and you're at ER when he is playing, watch Jorge, and only Jorge for 10/15 minutes, watch the way he closes the oppositions passing lanes, I've never, EVER seen consistency like it from a Hibs holding midfielder, our weakness is the wings and full backs, our strength defensively is this guy. He IS a fantastic player, it is a fact, its not an opinion, you can't argue with it, just because he doesnt go by players and score goals doesnt make him "meh". The same folk who dont appreciate his contribution are the same folk who are baffled that Michael Carrick is nominated for player of the year.

This

Pete
28-06-2013, 01:27 AM

It really is all about opinions and it's hard to judge players from different eras.

When you talk about Boozy you end by saying you refer to his contribution before considering the team he was part of. How can you do that when the contribution a player makes can be effected by the quality of his teammates and their roles? Think back and how would Claros have looked having a combination of Thomson, Brown, Stewart and Sheils playing in front of him being supported by Whitaker and Murphy?
Stick Boozy in a midfield alongside players like Taiwo or Thomson (who he can pass sideways to), Done, Sproule, Wotherspoon or Deegan on a regular basis and then we would see his stock drop.

I can't have criticism about him in the cup final either. He wasn't there to look after Brown as far as I could see. It was a team effort and Brown played well and had better players to aim for.

I had my eye on Claros last season after him being branded the "pitbull" the one before. I can now understand why he was given that nickname due to his tenacity and workrate. To say that's all he has is doing him a disservice as he has looked head and shoulders above most of the others on the park at times.

If I was Pat picking the midfield I would have Claros first, Tom Taiwo as second in any position then A.N. Other in the other positions.

Pete
28-06-2013, 01:36 AM

This

Seconded mate.

He's a class act and the term "unseen work" should be reallocated.:greengrin

lEXO
28-06-2013, 02:29 AM

:top marks

Centre Hawf
28-06-2013, 02:53 AM
It really is all about opinions and it's hard to judge players from different eras.

When you talk about Boozy you end by saying you refer to his contribution before considering the team he was part of. How can you do that when the contribution a player makes can be effected by the quality of his teammates and their roles? Think back and how would Claros have looked having a combination of Thomson, Brown, Stewart and Sheils playing in front of him being supported by Whitaker and Murphy?
Stick Boozy in a midfield alongside players like Taiwo or Thomson (who he can pass sideways to), Done, Sproule, Wotherspoon or Deegan on a regular basis and then we would see his stock drop.

I can't have criticism about him in the cup final either. He wasn't there to look after Brown as far as I could see. It was a team effort and Brown played well and had better players to aim for.

I had my eye on Claros last season after him being branded the "pitbull" the one before. I can now understand why he was given that nickname due to his tenacity and workrate. To say that's all he has is doing him a disservice as he has looked head and shoulders above most of the others on the park at times.

If I was Pat picking the midfield I would have Claros first, Tom Taiwo as second in any position then A.N. Other in the other positions.

This sum's it all up for me. There is a huge element of playing in a better team makes you also look better, let's not lie that the team we had under Mowbray was vastly superior than the one we have now so it's easier to score goals with tonnes of service (despite Leighs attempt to prove otherwise) and its easier to look a tidy passer and playmaker when your team on the whole has better movement.

I think had we stuck Claros in that team he would be remembered by every Hibs fan for being a brilliant player,.

Part/Time Supporter
28-06-2013, 05:28 AM
Claros isn't coming back anytime soon. He's just been picked by Honduras for the CONCACAF Gold Cup, their continental championship. Group games are played between 8 July and 15 July, quarter final on 20 July, semi final on 24 July and the final is on 28 July. Honduras are more than likely to get out of their group.

Tyler Durden
28-06-2013, 06:45 AM

It's a fact then, debate over.

The latter part of your post is just patronising guff to be honest. There are plenty of us out there who absolutely appreciate the role that type of midfielder plays and yet don't rate Claros so highly. I'm not saying he's rubbish, I just don't think he's anything exceptional, unlike the other players noted.

It is very difficult to compare players from different eras, but then that's what we're talking about - does Claros belong in the company of Collins, Sauzee etc. Not for me. I'm looking forward to the new season and a midfield with more balance to it.

Tyler Durden
28-06-2013, 06:47 AM

I thought you considered Deegan the best midfielder we had last year? Does he fit in that company too?

Allant1981
28-06-2013, 07:07 AM
I agree we have had much worse, if that's what you mean.

He is a long way ahead of sub-standard and his career stats tell you this. By definition, sub-standard would dictate that to succeed, he would have to play at a level much lower than the one he consistently appears at.
But you obviously don't believe the man can do anything on a football field. Like I said, I wish I could have been as crap as him.

Hurtado played in the spl and played for his country, doesnt mean he is any good

Andy74
28-06-2013, 07:45 AM
I thought you considered Deegan the best midfielder we had last year? Does he fit in that company too?

I said at the time for what he brought to the team, before injury, that Deegan was probably first on the team sheet. I did say Claros was the better footballer.

Things obviously changed for Deegan and Claros has gone on from there to show that he is a class player.

So no, Deegan doesn't belong in that company.

It's funny though because Boozy got almost nothing but stick on here and I had to defend him on a weekly basis. Time has obviously been kind to him in terms of being placed in that group. Jackson was never a midfielder really and Zemmama had obvious talents but they were rarely seen. Scott Brown is a very different type of player but Claros has a bit more football ability but far less energy, pace and drive. Collins and Sauzee were in a class above the others listed.

The_Exile
28-06-2013, 08:04 AM
It's a fact then, debate over.

The latter part of your post is just patronising guff to be honest. There are plenty of us out there who absolutely appreciate the role that type of midfielder plays and yet don't rate Claros so highly. I'm not saying he's rubbish, I just don't think he's anything exceptional, unlike the other players noted.

It is very difficult to compare players from different eras, but then that's what we're talking about - does Claros belong in the company of Collins, Sauzee etc. Not for me. I'm looking forward to the new season and a midfield with more balance to it.

Fair enough, we will agree to disagree, even though you are wrong :D

Spike Mandela
28-06-2013, 08:16 AM
I said at the time for what he brought to the team, before injury, that Deegan was probably first on the team sheet. I did say Claros was the better footballer.

Things obviously changed for Deegan and Claros has gone on from there to show that he is a class player.

So no, Deegan doesn't belong in that company.

It's funny though because Boozy got almost nothing but stick on here and I had to defend him on a weekly basis. Time has obviously been kind to him in terms of being placed in that group. Jackson was never a midfielder really and Zemmama had obvious talents but they were rarely seen. Scott Brown is a very different type of player but Claros has a bit more football ability but far less energy, pace and drive. Collins and Sauzee were in a class above the others listed.

Jackson started off as a stiker at Hibs and it wasn't really working out but when he was moved to a more midfield role some of his play was sublime and imo played the best football of his career at Hibs.

JollyGreenGiant
28-06-2013, 08:21 AM
Seconded mate.

He's a class act and the term "unseen work" should be reallocated.:greengrin

Haha, 'unseen work' that's what some folk used to say about Brian Hamilton.

southfieldhibby
28-06-2013, 08:45 AM
Like i said i'm only 20, but i'd have Claros over Zemmama, and i'd say Claros was classier than Brown (although not better).

Claros couldnae carry Boozy or Zoomers boots the ****** game.

Claros has been better for Hibs than Darren Jackson?

In no parallel universe is Claros remotely as good for Hibs as Jackson was.Between Jackson and Leighton they kept us up for a season longer than we deserved.In my top 3 Hibs players.

Bostonhibby
28-06-2013, 09:00 AM
Claros couldnae carry Boozy or Zoomers boots the ****** game.

In no parallel universe is Claros remotely as good for Hibs as Jackson was.Between Jackson and Leighton they kept us up for a season longer than we deserved.In my top 3 Hibs players.

Claros is a different type of player to both Boozy and Zemmama, Boozy was a favourite of mine for different reasons, Zemmama was occasionally a joy to watch when he could play for us but a luxury we couldn't afford.

Jackson was a very good attacking midfielder and striker,neither of these roles are the ones Claros has been asked to play for us. Jim Leighton is up there with Roughie as one of my favourite modern day Hibs keepers, he is definitely a better keeper than Claros.

Bostonhibby
28-06-2013, 09:07 AM

:agree: This, one of the English guys who watches Hibs with me says the same thing, mate played at a decent amatuer level (blue square north) for years and knows a wee bit about the value of a ball winner, reader of the game and good passer of the ball. Don't think we can expect him to regularly fill the attacking midfielder and striker role as well, its a team game and most good teams have this type of player, I am glad we have, no idea if he is staying but seriously hope he is.

J-C
28-06-2013, 09:25 AM
Claros read the game wonderfully, I sat and watched him solely for about 20 mins one game and couldn't believe how good he was at it. His cutting out of passes and sticking his boot in just at the right time to break up play was there to be seen, his main problem was a lack of pace, he got caught out a few times when he didn't get the ball 1st time and couldn't get back in time. Also gets bullied a wee bit by players such as Scott Brown etc and in particular the bigger important games, he still has 1 year on his contract and although he is a good player he's not irreplaceable, Jones has been signed and if rumours are true Thomson has been offered a deal, plus Taiwo is coming into a game latterly, we have plenty cover now in the deep midfield and if money is to be spent, then it should be on a striker.

Speedway
28-06-2013, 10:12 AM

Spot on.

hibee_girl
28-06-2013, 10:53 AM

:agree: absolutely!

Hermit Crab
28-06-2013, 11:05 AM
I wish I could understand Hondurian for '' I wanna stay at Hibs''

:brickwall

Do they not mainly speak Spanish there?

Viva_Palmeiras
28-06-2013, 11:58 AM
Do they not mainly speak Spanish there?

"Corazon e merda" apparently.

Oscar T Grouch
28-06-2013, 02:25 PM
"Corazon e merda" apparently.

corazóns son merda.... if you don't want to confuse google translate :greengrin

JimBHibees
28-06-2013, 02:30 PM

No chance IMO.

Iggy Pope
28-06-2013, 04:05 PM
Hurtado played in the spl and played for his country, doesnt mean he is any good

never played 130 games for Hibs though. Did he? Piss awful comparison.

Allant1981
28-06-2013, 04:33 PM
never played 130 games for Hibs though. Did he? Piss awful comparison.

Its really not, if you think hanlon is a good player then fire in, if you think hanlon is going to help us progress as a club then i think your wrong, he was part of a crappy defence last season and was shown up many times against very average strikers in a very average league, you talk of him playing for the under 21's, ask yourself why he hasnt made the step up and lets face it scotland arent exactly thriving in decent CH's

Pete
28-06-2013, 04:56 PM
Its really not, if you think hanlon is a good player then fire in, if you think hanlon is going to help us progress as a club then i think your wrong, he was part of a crappy defence last season and was shown up many times against very average strikers in a very average league, you talk of him playing for the under 21's, ask yourself why he hasnt made the step up and lets face it scotland arent exactly thriving in decent CH's

If I was told to keep one defender from last year and bin the rest then Hanlon would be the one I'd keep. I'm basing this on last year's performances. He was part of a rotten defence but it would have been worse had he not been as consistent, often coming up with man of the match displays.

This board is all about opinions mate and everyone is entitled to one but I couldn't disagree with you more.

blackpoolhibs
28-06-2013, 05:09 PM
If I was told to keep one defender from last year and bin the rest then Hanlon would be the one I'd keep. I'm basing this on last year's performances. He was part of a rotten defence but it would have been worse had he not been as consistent, often coming up with man of the match displays.

This board is all about opinions mate and everyone is entitled to one but I couldn't disagree with you more.

I'd probably just agree with that, yet if i'm honest i have wanted rid of most of them at one stage or another over the last couple of seasons. :wink:

Allant1981
28-06-2013, 05:19 PM

so if you werent told to keep one you would get shot? The guy is a very average player who wont take us forward, id love to see the stats from last season to see all the mom awards he got because i cant mind of many

Viva_Palmeiras
28-06-2013, 05:29 PM
corazóns son merda.... if you don't want to confuse google translate :greengrin

That was Espanuguese ;)

Pete
28-06-2013, 05:42 PM
so if you werent told to keep one you would get shot? The guy is a very average player who wont take us forward, id love to see the stats from last season to see all the mom awards he got because i cant mind of many

I meant man of the match in my opinion. I think Leigh hogged the official ones.

As for players who will take the club forward...I'd rather build my defence around someone consistent like Hanlon than an up and down player such as McPake. Pat obviously rates him too.

I don't think he's anything spectacular but he isn't as bad as some people make him out to be.

Scouse Hibee
28-06-2013, 06:30 PM

As for players who will take the club forward...I'd rather build my defence around someone consistent like Hanlon than an up and down player such as McPake. Pat obviously rates him too.

I don't think he's anything spectacular but he isn't as bad as some people make him out to be.

:agree: Real football people know the score.

lumbo_hfc
28-06-2013, 06:51 PM

I'm not saying Hanlons a bad player but building a defence around him would be crazy, its no coincidence that we have looked like conceeding a goal from every cross that has come in our box since Rob Jones left and Hanlon became a regular in the team, far too soft to be a centre half and this get shown up when he plays against a physical forward, which just about every team in the SPL has. I rate hanlon as a footballer, is good on the ball and his long and short passing is good, would maybe switch him and McGivern from last seasons team, or just drop Hanlon if we could get a good physical defender in!

J-C
28-06-2013, 08:05 PM
Hanlon started his career as a midfielder, he's no where good enough IMHO to be a top centre half in the SPL, poor positionally and soft in the challenge.

Scouse Hibee
28-06-2013, 08:14 PM
Hanlon was the better of our centre halves for the majority of last season.

scoopyboy
28-06-2013, 08:29 PM

FWIW I agree regarding Paul Hanlon but the real reason I'm posting is that its amazing how a thread about whether Jorge Claros is staying or not can be turned into another bashing for a completely different Hibs player.

Whether it be Alan Maybury, Lewis Stevenson, Paul Hanlon, James McPake or whoever I am genuinely convinced that posters take delight in Hibs players playing badly so they can come on here and knock them. The targets can play well for weeks but a single mistake and the vultures are circling again.

I am convinced somebody could start a thread about the price of a gallon of petrol and within half a dozen posts it would be the fault of a Hibs player.

BTW I am not aiming this at any poster in particular, merely an observation over many months that I have now put in print.

lumbo_hfc
28-06-2013, 08:30 PM

Doesn't make him a good centre half, the defence was shocking last season, would still prefer a fully fit McPake in my team with Forster, McGivern or Clancy. Most folk won't agree but if it wasn't for McPake, realistically, we could have spent last season in the first division.

Viva_Palmeiras
28-06-2013, 08:31 PM
FWIW I agree regarding Paul Hanlon but the real reason I'm posting is that its amazing how a thread about whether Jorge Claros is staying or not can be turned into another bashing for a completely different Hibs player.

Whether it be Alan Maybury, Lewis Stevenson, Paul Hanlon, James McPake or whoever I am genuinely convinced that posters take delight in Hibs players playing badly so they can come on here and knock them. The targets can play well for weeks but a single mistake and the vultures are circling again.

I am convinced somebody could start a thread about the price of a gallon of petrol and within half a dozen posts it would be the fault of a Hibs player.

Dont seem to recall it happening in the much if any time in the Hibs list days but perhaps memory playing tricks...

scoopyboy
28-06-2013, 08:34 PM
Dont seem to recall it happening in the much if any time in the Hibs list days but perhaps memory playing tricks...

Sorry mate but your reply isn't making much sense to me.

Scouse Hibee
28-06-2013, 08:41 PM
Doesn't make him a good centre half, the defence was shocking last season, would still prefer a fully fit McPake in my team with Forster, McGivern or Clancy. Most folk won't agree but if it wasn't for McPake, realistically, we could have spent last season in the first division.

So Hanlon was the best centre half last season, miles better then McPake (I don't buy the fitness excuse) as he's (McPake) nowhere near as good as some folk like to think yet you still say that doesn't make Hanlon a good centre half?? So the defence was shocking, Ben Williams is not a good keeper then?

Scouse Hibee
28-06-2013, 08:45 PM

BTW I am not aiming this at any poster in particular, merely an observation over many months that I have now put in print.

Prof. Shaggy
28-06-2013, 08:54 PM

Must admit, I was wondering about the very same thing.

I reckon our nearest and dearest would bite our hands off for any of the half dozen players mentioned in your post.

Argylehibby
28-06-2013, 08:58 PM

Been going on for years, seem to remember Des Bremner getting pelters way back.

CapitalHibs
28-06-2013, 09:03 PM
So let me ask a question entirely different from the way this thread is going: :rolleyes:

Does anybody know if Claros is still at Easter Road?

Viva_Palmeiras
28-06-2013, 09:06 PM
Sorry mate but your reply isn't making much sense to me.

The HibsList predated the forums as we now know it. I suppose it was a more innocent time where folks named themselves by and large and trolling didn't feature. Folks didn't stream into another player when the topic related to someone else. Alex Miller would have taken some stick tho ;)

Scouse Hibee
28-06-2013, 09:08 PM
So let me ask a question entirely different from the way this thread is going: :rolleyes:

Does anybody know if Claros is still at Easter Road?

Not sure but I have learnt from this thread that he may well be a better centre half than Paul Hanlon who may well be a better midfielder than Claros who may well not be classy enough to be considered as one of the Hibs great midfielders in the mould of such greats as Zemamma, Jackson and Brebner!

matty_f
28-06-2013, 09:12 PM
Claros read the game wonderfully, I sat and watched him solely for about 20 mins one game and couldn't believe how good he was at it. His cutting out of passes and sticking his boot in just at the right time to break up play was there to be seen, his main problem was a lack of pace, he got caught out a few times when he didn't get the ball 1st time and couldn't get back in time. Also gets bullied a wee bit by players such as Scott Brown etc and in particular the bigger important games, he still has 1 year on his contract and although he is a good player he's not irreplaceable, Jones has been signed and if rumours are true Thomson has been offered a deal, plus Taiwo is coming into a game latterly, we have plenty cover now in the deep midfield and if money is to be spent, then it should be on a striker.

The Sparkie 'goal' derby at Easter Road was a good case in point, think there was a spell where Claros seemed to be everywhere, snapping into tackles, chasing folk down, intercepting passes and spraying his own passes about.

He's a terrific player, if we get him back he's the first name on the team sheet, IMHO (unless you start with the goalie when you right the team sheet, I reckon Claros would be pish in goals, so as long as the team sheet got written up on a 'who do I definitely want to start' basis, then Claros is first.:greengrin)

scoopyboy
28-06-2013, 09:20 PM
The HibsList predated the forums as we now know it. I suppose it was a more innocent time where folks named themselves by and large and trolling didn't feature. Folks didn't stream into another player when the topic related to someone else. Alex Miller would have taken some stick tho ;)

Thanks for clearing that up for me VP, I wasn't aware of that.

I normally understand your posts easily but you completely threw me with that one.

CapitalHibs
28-06-2013, 09:27 PM
So 208 posts later we are no further ahead in solving the Claros mystery :cb

Viva_Palmeiras
28-06-2013, 09:33 PM
Thanks for clearing that up for me VP, I wasn't aware of that.

I normally understand your posts easily but you completely threw me with that one.

Apols that'll be the 2 Belgian beers I've quaffed in quick succession ;)

theonlywayisup
28-06-2013, 09:50 PM
So 208 posts later we are no further ahead in solving the Claros mystery :cb

Removed from the official website, whilst other out of contract players are still there. He is gone?

lumbo_hfc
28-06-2013, 09:54 PM
So Hanlon was the best centre half last season, miles better then McPake (I don't buy the fitness excuse) as he's (McPake) nowhere near as good as some folk like to think yet you still say that doesn't make Hanlon a good centre half?? So the defence was shocking, Ben Williams is not a good keeper then?

Hanlon was the better Centre half out of the 2 last season but not by much, both had good games, both had bad games! FWIW i do buy the fitness excuse as sometimes its clearly evident on his face when he plays, whether he will ever be back to the player that came on loan to hibs remains to be seen, if it doesn't it looks like it will have to stick with hanlon but mark my word we won't progress to where we should be (2nd or 3rd in the league) than if we had a commanding centre half and will continue to be battling to get into the top 6, losing to teams like ross county, inverness and st johnstone because they bully us!

The defence was shocking last season and has been for some time, probably not helped at crosses by a goalie that doesn't come off his line. Also not saying hes a bad keeper but that is most definitely his weak point and the combination of the two is why we lose so many soft goals from cross balls and set pieces.

Jonnyboy
28-06-2013, 10:08 PM

Well said that man :agree:

Scouse Hibee
28-06-2013, 10:14 PM
Hanlon was the better Centre half out of the 2 last season but not by much, both had good games, both had bad games! FWIW i do buy the fitness excuse as sometimes its clearly evident on his face when he plays, whether he will ever be back to the player that came on loan to hibs remains to be seen, if it doesn't it looks like it will have to stick with hanlon but mark my word we won't progress to where we should be (2nd or 3rd in the league) than if we had a commanding centre half and will continue to be battling to get into the top 6, losing to teams like ross county, inverness and st johnstone because they bully us!

The defence was shocking last season and has been for some time, probably not helped at crosses by a goalie that doesn't come off his line. Also not saying hes a bad keeper but that is most definitely his weak point and the combination of the two is why we lose so many soft goals from cross balls and set pieces.

I think there will be many factors that contribute to where we finish in the league!

Fergus52
29-06-2013, 12:32 AM
Well said that man :agree:

.Sean.
29-06-2013, 02:45 AM

BTW I am not aiming this at any poster in particular, merely an observation over many months that I have now put in print.J, it's the same posters time and time again. The constant criticism they give says more about them than it does whatever player they're whinging about.

London Hibee
09-07-2013, 07:16 AM
I thought folk would be interested to know that Jorge Claros played for Honduras last night in the CONCACAF Gold Cup, and despite being overrun for 70 minutes, they beat Haiti 2-0
Commentator Paul Sarahs (@Wanchope_Dickov) summed up Claros' performance via Twitter as "tidy if unspectacular"

Wilson
09-07-2013, 07:28 AM
That's the boy.

NYHibby
10-07-2013, 06:47 AM
This Honduran article from this morning calls him our player.

http://www.laprensa.hn/Secciones-Principales/Deportes/Seleccion/Jorge-Claros-No-venimos-solo-a-competir-sino-con-el-objetivo-de-ganar-la-copa#.Ud0C4mS9Kc1

A Jorge Claros left satisfied the level he showed against Haiti Honduras, which defeated 2-0 in the debut of the 2013 Gold Cup in the United States.

The "Pitbull" was one of the finest players in the party and joined the statements Bicolor coach Luis Fernando Suarez, recognizing that the team did not play well in the first half.

"We grew as the game went on. Come from less to more between the first and second time," admitted the midfielder catracho.

Clear highlighted the way the game handled Honduras. "We played a very smart game, but we know we must continue to grow for the championship," said the wheel.

The Scottish Hibernian midfielder also spoke of what comes on Friday. "This win is already history, we must focus on our next opponent, which is El Salvador. They always give fight."

Jorge Claros finished saying "come not only to compete, but in order to win the cup. Lets go game by game and work for it."

NYHibby
10-07-2013, 06:50 AM
I thought folk would be interested to know that Jorge Claros played for Honduras last night in the CONCACAF Gold Cup, and despite being overrun for 70 minutes, they beat Haiti 2-0
Commentator Paul Sarahs (@Wanchope_Dickov) summed up Claros' performance via Twitter as "tidy if unspectacular"

A Scottish player scored for the US last night too.

SouthMoroccoStu
10-07-2013, 06:51 AM
This Honduran article from this morning calls him our player.

http://www.laprensa.hn/Secciones-Principales/Deportes/Seleccion/Jorge-Claros-No-venimos-solo-a-competir-sino-con-el-objetivo-de-ganar-la-copa#.Ud0C4mS9Kc1

Interesting

Could be more to this or just lazy journalism

So it's not just a problem in Scotland

Brightside
10-07-2013, 08:39 AM

I don't think he's anything spectacular but he isn't as bad as some people make him out to be. he'd walk into every other team in the league bar Celtic. Thankfully some of our fans will never get close to actually coaching players.

LeighLoyal
10-07-2013, 11:29 AM
I hope he comes back, class player.

Expecting Rain
10-07-2013, 11:33 AM
Claros would make a big difference.

Expecting Rain
10-07-2013, 11:37 AM
Would love to see him back at Easter Road.

blackpoolhibs
10-07-2013, 12:39 PM
Claros would make a big difference.

Would love to see him back at Easter Road.

With the attacking players we have in midfield now, i'd love Claros to be the holding midfielder. :agree:

NOLA
10-07-2013, 01:47 PM
wheres he gonna fit in? our midfield looks crowded as it is.

Mon Dieu4
10-07-2013, 02:17 PM

As the first choice pick as he would be the best midfielder we have

blackpoolhibs
10-07-2013, 02:18 PM
As the first choice pick as he would be the best midfielder we have

Taz_hibee
10-07-2013, 06:49 PM
Also agree

steviehibsleith
10-07-2013, 06:52 PM
Its the other midfielders that need to fit in Claros is top dog .

ALF TUPPER
10-07-2013, 07:06 PM
Just filled the car up. The price of petrol ..... !! McPake ??? :grr:

:greengrin Sorry ... Couldnt resist. ( incidentally, i totally agree with your comments)

NOLA
10-07-2013, 08:12 PM
Its the other midfielders that need to fit in Claros is top dog .
other midfieders all have their contract, claros dosnae, can we afford him AND 2 forwards or we sign a CB instead of claros maybe? never this hard on FM :greengrin

The_Horde
10-07-2013, 10:46 PM
There's no room in there for him, especially with Hanlon stepping forward to play there..

Jim_in_Canada
13-07-2013, 11:45 AM
MIAMI (Reuters) - An injury time winner from Jorge Claros gave Honduras a 1-0 victory over old rivals El Salvador on Friday and sealed a place in the quarter-finals of the CONCACAF Gold Cup.

Part/Time Supporter
13-07-2013, 11:51 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_Kxl_HPu2o

MIAMI (Reuters) - An injury time winner from Jorge Claros gave Honduras a 1-0 victory over old rivals El Salvador on Friday and sealed a place in the quarter-finals of the CONCACAF Gold Cup.

adhibs
13-07-2013, 11:56 AM
A claros goal, **** me. Some finish as well. Would've took him back over thomson but as brilliant as he is another cm just isnt justifiable

J-C
13-07-2013, 01:21 PM
So why the hell didn't he do that against Celtic, instead of looking like a frightened rabbit when he got to the 18yd box.

Part/Time Supporter
13-07-2013, 01:24 PM

Context

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Football_War

The Football War (Spanish: La guerra del fútbol), also known as the Soccer War or 100 Hour War, was a brief war fought by El Salvador and Honduras in 1969. The cause of the war was economic in nature, namely issues concerning immigration from El Salvador to Honduras. These existing tensions between the two countries coincided with rioting during the second North American qualifying round of the 1970 FIFA World Cup. The war began on 14 July 1969, when the Salvadoran military launched an attack against Honduras. The Organization of American States negotiated a cease-fire on the night of 18 July (hence "100-hour War"), which took full effect on 20 July. Salvadoran troops were withdrawn in early August.

Eleven years later the two nations signed a peace treaty on 30 October 1980 and agreed to resolve the border dispute over the Gulf of Fonseca and five sections of land boundary through the International Court of Justice. In 1992, the Court awarded most of the disputed territory to Honduras, and in 1998, Honduras and El Salvador signed a border demarcation treaty to implement the terms of the ICJ decree. The total land area given to Honduras from El Salvador after the court's ruling was around 374.5 km2 (145 sq mi). As of the beginning of 2006 demarcation had not yet been completed, but Honduras and El Salvador maintain normal diplomatic and trade relations.

frazeHFC
13-07-2013, 01:35 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_Kxl_HPu2o

Great finish! Would love him back but even if we dont will always love him for his time here!

Persevere80
13-07-2013, 02:10 PM
That was a great finish. The highlights looked alright but what's with the dramatic music, haha. Would love to have seen him score a goal like that for us. He improved as time went on and become settled. He has also made it clear that he likes it here but with the amount of mf players we are signing it is looking less likely he will be playing for us again.

Holmesdale Hibs
13-07-2013, 02:16 PM
Claris, Thompson and Taiwo are all much off a muchness and all of them are effective SPLp layers, just not in the same team at the same time. I'm glad we've kept 2 of the 3 and I wasn't that fussy which ones.

Good luck to Claros, he did well for us but now we've signed other midfielders I think we should allocate his wages somewhere else.

LeighLoyal
13-07-2013, 02:19 PM
That was a great finish. The highlights looked alright but what's with the dramatic music, haha. Would love to have seen him score a goal like that for us. He improved as time went on and become settled. He has also made it clear that he likes it here but with the amount of mf players we are signing it is looking less likely he will be playing for us again.

The OTJ signing in particular suggests his time is up. I don't know much about OTJ, but Claros was the best defensive midfielder I've seen at Hibs.

Treadstone
13-07-2013, 09:17 PM
Scored the winner for Honduras against El Salavdor.

http://espnfc.com/news/story/_/id/1497740/gold-cup-honduras-next-round-haiti-win?cc=5739

Northernhibee
14-07-2013, 02:57 PM
Claris, Thompson and Taiwo are all much off a muchness and all of them are effective SPLp layers, just not in the same team at the same time. I'm glad we've kept 2 of the 3 and I wasn't that fussy which ones.

Good luck to Claros, he did well for us but now we've signed other midfielders I think we should allocate his wages somewhere else.

I'd say Taiwo offers something different to both of them mate.

Leighonel
14-07-2013, 03:25 PM
If hibs have a chance of taking Claros back, either on loan or permanently, I think it would be hard to say no to his quality.

Makaveli
15-07-2013, 09:38 PM
Better angles of his goal (and what it meant to them) here:

http://futbol.univision.com/copa-oro/jugada-dia/video/2013-07-12/golazo-de-jorge-claros (http://futbol.univision.com/copa-oro/jugada-dia/video/2013-07-12/golazo-de-jorge-claros)

The Honduran punters on twitter still talk about him as a Hibs player. Suppose we'll just have to see where he flies to after the Gold Cup?

Viva_Palmeiras
15-07-2013, 10:28 PM
Better angles of his goal (and what it meant to them) here:

http://futbol.univision.com/copa-oro/jugada-dia/video/2013-07-12/golazo-de-jorge-claros (http://futbol.univision.com/copa-oro/jugada-dia/video/2013-07-12/golazo-de-jorge-claros)

The Honduran punters on twitter still talk about him as a Hibs player. Suppose we'll just have to see where he flies to after the Gold Cup?

Anyone see the documentary on Honduras on Ch4? Only caught a bit of it but given the strife caused by the drug wars its hardly surprising folks are looking for one way tickets outta there.

Unseen work
15-07-2013, 11:08 PM
If hibs have a chance of taking Claros back, either on loan or permanently, I think it would be hard to say no to his quality.

100% agree Claros is a class act! I genuinely couldn't think of a better midfield bar Celtic for quality in depth if we had

Claros
Thomson
Taiwo
Tudor jones
Craig
Harris
Robertson
Cairney
Vine if he plays winger..
Then you have youngsters such as horribine and Stanton who are getting bigged up!

Very good variety in that midfield that can mix it up. Play football and won't get walked over. IMO that midfield will win us games

NYHibby
15-07-2013, 11:21 PM
This is kind of random, but I never realised that Georgie Welcome played for Claros's Honduran team.