PDA

View Full Version : Free Stadium Tours on Sunday (Leith Festival)

YehButNoBut
06-06-2013, 10:55 AM
As part of the Leith Festival and organised and managed by the Hibernian Historical Trust you can get a free tour of ER this Sunday between 1pm & 4pm, think I'll go along. :thumbsup:

Hibernian FC ‏@HibernianFCClub Free Stadium Tours on Sunday - @HibsTrust (https://twitter.com/HibsTrust) taking tours on Sunday 9 June, 1pm-4pm http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20130606/free-stadium-tours-on-sunday_2262950_3201949 … (http://t.co/1JEdTR8kQ5) #allezallezau (https://twitter.com/search?q=%23allezallezau&src=hash) #fromthecapital (https://twitter.com/search?q=%23fromthecapital&src=hash)

Dibben
06-06-2013, 06:00 PM
Aye, I'll take along the wee boy.

Presume the shop won't be open?

Hibernia Na Eir
06-06-2013, 07:51 PM
Aye, I'll take along the wee boy.

Presume the shop won't be open?

the shop is most DEFINITELY open this Sunday due to Nike release :-)

think I'll take my lassie down on Sunday too.

Dibben
06-06-2013, 09:18 PM
the shop is most DEFINITELY open this Sunday due to Nike release :-)

think I'll take my lassie down on Sunday too.

Fantastic! Might save me ordering one online tomorrow... :-)

Viva_Palmeiras
07-06-2013, 06:41 AM
If you are scunnered with Scottish football and possibly even Hibs on the odd occasion. Get yourself along to this. Went after THAT final and it was uplifting 1) to see the extent of this collection and the knowledge and passion of the volunteers 2) to be there with fellow Hibees who tturned up in bumper crowds despite it all.

This collection goes some way to describing what Hibs are about more than bing defined by some date last May.

ggtth fth

NOLA
07-06-2013, 08:36 AM
ill take my daughter and show her where i used to stand and boo :greengrin

Pat 0-7
07-06-2013, 08:48 AM
If you are scunnered with Scottish football and possibly even Hibs on the odd occasion. Get yourself along to this. Went after THAT final and it was uplifting 1) to see the extent of this collection and the knowledge and passion of the volunteers 2) to be there with fellow Hibees who tturned up in bumper crowds despite it all.

This collection goes some way to describing what Hibs are about more than bing defined by some date last May.

ggtth fth

Thinking of taking the kids along to this - how busy was it last year? Do you think we would need to get there well before 1pm to queue up? Cheers.

fat freddy
07-06-2013, 09:24 AM
Thinking of taking the kids along to this - how busy was it last year? Do you think we would need to get there well before 1pm to queue up? Cheers.

no need to worry about queues...you can browse in the upstairs foyer area while you wait for your turn to join a tour...each guide takes groups of around 20 on the tour and when they're finished the next group sets off...last year there was several groups getting led round at staggered intervals and it all ran very smoothly...the waiting area has so much to view that you wont mind waiting for your turn.

Pat 0-7
07-06-2013, 09:27 AM
no need to worry about queues...you can browse in the upstairs foyer area while you wait for your turn to join a tour...each guide takes groups of around 20 on the tour and when they're finished the next group sets off...last year there was several groups getting led round at staggered intervals and it all ran very smoothly...the waiting area has so much to view that you wont mind waiting for your turn.

Thanks - I think we will head along, and check out the new shiny top in the club shop as well!!!

:aok:

Viva_Palmeiras
07-06-2013, 12:07 PM
Thanks - I think we will head along, and check out the new shiny top in the club shop as well!!!

:aok:
Just to echo all managed smoothly in groups so enough to appreciate it all my son was 5 and he enjoyed it. I wanted to hang around longer on the memorabilia ! ;)

lugz
07-06-2013, 01:38 PM
Really looking forward to this not been on a tour since I was a bairn.
I'm looking to take my baby daughter (7 months) do you think there would be any issue with that?

SouthMoroccoStu
07-06-2013, 04:21 PM
Free Stadium Tours on Sunday?

Can't be bad

Looking forward to it!:aok:

Viva_Palmeiras
07-06-2013, 04:38 PM
Really looking forward to this not been on a tour since I was a bairn.
I'm looking to take my baby daughter (7 months) do you think there would be any issue with that?

Im trying to think the arrangements for prams I think there's a lift but haven't use it myself. Volunteers will sort you out I'm sure. If yer on twitter maybe worth checking I'm ssure you'll be fine. Feed/bottle/calpol jobs a good un ;)

LeithBoozy
07-06-2013, 10:28 PM
Remember to take along your camera. :thumbsup:

FranckSuzy
07-06-2013, 10:59 PM
The club very kindly arranged a tour at the last minute for my nephew's team, who were over from Melbourne in March, due to their scheduled match v Boozy's U14s being cancelled as there was a blizzard :rolleyes:. Anyway, it was :top marks All the kids were enthralled by Tom's wee stories and the parents thought that it was very impressive. This was on the back of tours around Old Trafford and Bramall Lane as well. The memorabilia is amazing and the passion shown by the guides is infectious :agree:

hungryhibs
07-06-2013, 11:26 PM
think ill take my son down last time a done this was about 12 years ago

SouthMoroccoStu
08-06-2013, 04:02 PM
Can't wait

Good to do something Hibs related post/pre season!

:flag:

David_D
08-06-2013, 06:19 PM
Think I will pop along. See the inside of my church for the first time.

SouthMoroccoStu
09-06-2013, 08:17 AM
Is the shop open today?

Hopefully the club have thought of this?!

Conrad Gray
09-06-2013, 08:42 AM
I think the shop is open today.

SouthMoroccoStu
09-06-2013, 10:18 AM
I think the shop is open today.

Cheers

Thecat23
09-06-2013, 12:47 PM
Very busy down here today. Running a bit late they guy just said. I'm just waiting at the front door now. Folk who have been in seem to think its well worth it.

lugz
09-06-2013, 01:47 PM
Anyone know how long the wait is for the tour now?

Chris.igoe
09-06-2013, 01:55 PM
Well worth the wait want a nice wee day oot with the wee one

Thecat23
09-06-2013, 03:22 PM
That really was a very good tour. Dressing rooms, Players lounge, and also the dugouts. Was great to look around the pitch from where Pat stands! Not sure who had more fun, me or my boy :D

CallumLaidlaw
09-06-2013, 03:22 PM
Turned up around 2.30 and got in straight away. Thoroughly enjoyed it. As did the wee man.
Apparently 800 people showed up last year, but they were well into the thousands today, with people queuing 45 mins before it started

Planet Hibs
09-06-2013, 03:23 PM
Was class, great for the kids, very busy!!! Then went to shop for new strip which made wee ones day and my wallet a little lighter!! Roll on the new season

Lofarl
09-06-2013, 03:47 PM
Just popped into it. Very impressed. That main stand area is like the Tardis. Never saw a hooped Hibs top in the flesh before. They are smart and would sell bucket loads, especially to ram it up the Glasgow smellies. I liked the John Hughes whiteboard.

adhibs
09-06-2013, 04:11 PM
Good exhibition. Well worththe visit

Mister P
09-06-2013, 04:12 PM
Ill tell you what, it's scandelous the size of the away dressing room! Has anyone seen the away changing at Tynie?.....little more than a blooming broom cupboard whilst the Easter road away rooms are massive.
Hibs class!!

Oh, and £129 in the club shop afterward.... Couldn't help maself lol

NOLA
09-06-2013, 04:16 PM
good time had, took a shed load of pics with the wee one, shame we couldnt get on the pitch as its been seeded for the euro tie :greengrin

hibeeleicester
09-06-2013, 04:18 PM
We NEED to do this sort of thing, and advertise it like **** for the Fringe, plenty of tourists willing to spend money in the shop etc :agree:

HUTCHYHIBBY
09-06-2013, 04:30 PM
We NEED to do this sort of thing, and advertise it like **** for the Fringe, plenty of tourists willing to spend money in the shop etc :agree:

Thats a very good idea.

SouthMoroccoStu
09-06-2013, 05:47 PM
Brilliant tour and a fantastic turnout!

Great to see the image wall behind the home dressing room

givescotlandfreedom
09-06-2013, 06:22 PM
Mrs GSF and her pal went and were looking to see if there was anywhere to make a donation and were surprised there wasn't and they would have contributed. They were impressed with the tour.

wazoo1875
09-06-2013, 06:26 PM
Mrs GSF and her pal went and were looking to see if there was anywhere to make a donation and were surprised there wasn't and they would have contributed. They were impressed with the tour.

There was a donation bucket on the way out. I stuck a tenner in it, or maybe that was the bin :-)

Very enjoyable day out

Saorsa
09-06-2013, 06:29 PM
There was a donation bucket on the way out. I stuck a tenner in it, or maybe that was the bin :-)

Very enjoyable day outIt was actually Rod's back pocket disguised as a bucket. :agree:

Pat 0-7
09-06-2013, 06:32 PM
Agree with the comments above - me and the 3 boys arrived around 2:40pm, only had a 5 minute wait, some great stuff in the museum and upstairs, some excellent shirts on display in the home dressing room (although our guide thought there was one missing as there was an empty hanger :tsk tsk:) including Mixus from the 6-2, photos in the tunnel and dugout - we all thoroughly enjoyed it. :thumbsup:

Then stopped off in the clubstore (the new top looks better in the flesh..... :agree: )

lugz
09-06-2013, 06:40 PM
I was there towards the end 3:30-4:20 and there was still 3 groups of 20/30 people. They said it was extremely busy all day.

Great stuff on show and nice to be able to take your own time to walk around and not be rushed, went along with the missus and the wee one got plenty of great photos. All in all a great wee day out!

:flag:

Just_Jimmy
09-06-2013, 06:48 PM
My brother and I took my almost 2 year old nephew along for his first ever visit to ER. I have photos of him in the dressing room and in the dugout. He had a great day and whilst he had no idea what it meant he will one day. I had a brilliant time.

GreenCastle
09-06-2013, 06:52 PM
Was busy today but wish I could have made it down.

Sounds like Hibs have got it right with the tour which is great to hear :top marks

Glad the club shop was open as more money into helping the club :agree:

I also it would be a great idea to do during the Fringe - someone should notify the club about this :agree:

Pretty Boy
09-06-2013, 06:56 PM

Definitely.

I can't be the only one who is a total football bore. Anywhere I go I try and take in a game or visit a stadium. Obviously that includes the big ones like Barca, Milan et al but i've also visited some obscure grounds on th off chance of being let in.

Get it organised, get it advertised.and get a few volunteers trained up to show people rounds. It's a winner for attracting bored husbands on holiday imo.

Gemma Hibee
09-06-2013, 07:41 PM
I arrived with my sis a about quarter to two and there was a queue building. Didn't have to wait long though as the guides were keeping things moving. Brilliant tour, great to be reminded of our history. Guides were funny, informative. Very pleased it was so busy. :scarf:

Hibernia Na Eir
09-06-2013, 08:06 PM
Ill tell you what, it's scandelous the size of the away dressing room! Has anyone seen the away changing at Tynie?.....little more than a blooming broom cupboard whilst the Easter road away rooms are massive.
Hibs class!!

Oh, and £129 in the club shop afterward.... Couldn't help maself lol

Good to hear Paddy got it painted green to get it up the away teams!
Nice one Paddy F!
Great tour and looks as though the HHT have been working hard as there's far more memorabilia and priceless Hibs artefacts there now.
Hibs could have opened bar today though, would have made good money!
well run though, nice one Hibs! Ta!

givescotlandfreedom
09-06-2013, 08:12 PM

Very enjoyable day out

I'll give her a row when I get home. Either way the tache will have your tenner ;)

YehButNoBut
09-06-2013, 09:43 PM
:thumbsup:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BMUgrpTCUAADc54.jpg