PDA

View Full Version : The Run Continues - Hibs vs Yams (Youths)

Chuck Rhoades
05-06-2013, 06:11 PM
Not a bad run of results:

Friday 31 May U17’s win East of Scot Shield 3-0 at Tynecastle.
Sat 1 June U11s win 2, draw 1, and lose only 1 in their 4 7-a-side matches.
Sat 1 June U12s win 6-1.
Sun 2 June U13s win 3-1.
Tues 4 June U14s win 2-1.

GlenrothesHibee
05-06-2013, 06:26 PM
Not a bad run of results:

Friday 31 May U17’s win East of Scot Shield 3-0 at Tynecastle.
Sat 1 June U11s win 2, draw 1, and lose only 1 in their 4 7-a-side matches.
Sat 1 June U12s win 6-1.
Sun 2 June U13s win 3-1.
Tues 4 June U14s win 2-1.

This can't be true. They killed us on 19th May 2012

lyonhibs
05-06-2013, 07:45 PM
This can't be true. They killed us on 19th May 2012

To be fair, as obviously bollocks as that "Hibs died on 19th May 5-1 LOLOLOL" mentality is, given the % of players that make it from the youth levels to play in the 1st team, beating Hertz at u12 level doesn't mean much at all in the grand scheme of things.

hibs4thecup1988
05-06-2013, 07:46 PM
Its only under 17 and below...the big team only care about first tea...oh wait a minute :greengrin

NOLA
05-06-2013, 08:30 PM
Hibs girls won too :agree:

NadeAteMyLunch!
05-06-2013, 08:50 PM
And the fans team(plus a couple of ringers). Clean sweep

weecounty hibby
05-06-2013, 09:02 PM
In all seriousness these are great results. As a club it is all about forming a winning habit against them. For too long we have almost accepted defeat against them and looked like rabbits caught in headlights. No more by the look of it and long may it continue

GoldenEagle
05-06-2013, 09:35 PM
Where and when are the 15's playing their fixture v Hearts on Friday night?

Archie70
05-06-2013, 09:59 PM
Is there a list of all matches played at all levels against them this season. Might make intersting reading.

Curly1875
05-06-2013, 10:47 PM
Is there a list of all matches played at all levels against them this season. Might make intersting reading.

Ye I'd like to see a list of this seasons results compared to previous seasons to see if there has been some kind of psychological change since last year across the whole club

Baker9
06-06-2013, 06:28 AM

Suggested in an earlier thread but not taken up. Someone suggested that the girls had won 7-0 so taking that and the above scores we beat them by a mile. We could include the first team and all other age groups we have stats for - not games played, won or lost just the total score for the season at all levels, recorded accurately. Just for another laugh like. Hibs 32 - Hearts 9? Big team wee team most promising youngsters.

ronaldo7
06-06-2013, 06:53 AM
To be fair, as obviously bollocks as that "Hibs died on 19th May 5-1 LOLOLOL" mentality is, given the % of players that make it from the youth levels to play in the 1st team, beating Hertz at u12 level doesn't mean much at all in the grand scheme of things.

No No No.

Try telling that to the players, coaches and parents of the boys. You need to get down to HTC to see some of the passion and good feeling their is all round when we pump the Hurts.:greengrin

lyonhibs
06-06-2013, 07:10 AM
No No No.

Try telling that to the players, coaches and parents of the boys. You need to get down to HTC to see some of the passion and good feeling their is all round when we pump the Hurts.:greengrin

I'm absolutely sure it means the world to them, and so it should, but by "in the grand scheme of things" I meant "insofar as it makes any difference at 1st team level". Which is it doesn't.

brog
06-06-2013, 08:40 AM
I believe the U-15s play them tomorrow night & all support is welcome! Sorry, I don't have more details, sure someone will post.

The Falcon
06-06-2013, 09:30 AM
I'm absolutely sure it means the world to them, and so it should, but by "in the grand scheme of things" I meant "insofar as it makes any difference at 1st team level". Which is it doesn't.

There is much more to Hibs these days than the 1st team.

ronaldo7
07-06-2013, 07:02 AM

Hibs academy is where the standards are laid down for the boys who grow into men are set. If we have anything about us, then pumping the Hurts at "EVERY" level is what's required. These lads go through the levels then knowing that when we come up against our current rivals then it's a no brainer...they're getting it.

There is much more to Hibs these days than the 1st team.:agree:

lyonhibs
07-06-2013, 10:20 AM
Hibs academy is where the standards are laid down for the boys who grow into men are set. If we have anything about us, then pumping the Hurts at "EVERY" level is what's required. These lads go through the levels then knowing that when we come up against our current rivals then it's a no brainer...they're getting it.

:agree:

I'm probably indulging in short term-ism here, but I'd quite like us to dominate (and I don't mean 0-0 draws) Hearts on the field at 1st team level for years to come, starting from next season. That's what I mean when I say that the fact that the laddies have a good record against them doesn't make any difference at 1st team level.

And vis-à-vis there being a lot more to the 1st team, again that's very true and I love it as much as anyone when a home-grown talent breaks in the 1st team, but I think the vast majority of supporters would tell you that - in terms of what result they really care about - its the 1st team that matters.

Anyway, we agree on 1 fundamental point. Beating Hearts at any level, at any sport (except perhaps competitive baking where they have a considerable head start) is great news.

ronaldo7
07-06-2013, 10:31 AM
I'm probably indulging in short term-ism here, but I'd quite like us to dominate (and I don't mean 0-0 draws) Hearts on the field at 1st team level for years to come, starting from next season. That's what I mean when I say that the fact that the laddies have a good record against them doesn't make any difference at 1st team level.

And vis-à-vis there being a lot more to the 1st team, again that's very true and I love it as much as anyone when a home-grown talent breaks in the 1st team, but I think the vast majority of supporters would tell you that - in terms of what result they really care about - its the 1st team that matters.

Anyway, we agree on 1 fundamental point. Beating Hearts at any level, at any sport (except perhaps competitive baking where they have a considerable head start) is great news.

:aok:

hfc rd
09-06-2013, 12:52 AM
So does anyone know how the U15's got on?

wheniwas5
09-06-2013, 07:05 AM
The under 15s got beat 4nil. With them winning at all all levels I would imagine the coaching staff at this level will be in hiding.

theonlywayisup
09-06-2013, 07:35 AM
I'm probably indulging in short term-ism here, but I'd quite like us to dominate (and I don't mean 0-0 draws) Hearts on the field at 1st team level for years to come, starting from next season.

Funny, I said something along these lines at the beginning of the season just ended and was accused of being a Yam.

Bleeds green
09-06-2013, 09:03 AM
The u15s Didn't just get beat they got destroyed it was 4 going on 9 or 10 we missed a pen mind you, this level and age group is all about development though and the game could be played again today and it could swing to the opposite, the big boy up top for them looked decent we struggled to deal with his hold up play

ronaldo7
09-06-2013, 10:31 AM
The under 15s got beat 4nil. With them winning at all all levels I would imagine the coaching staff at this level will be in hiding.

Or off to the Huns:wink:

Eyrie
09-06-2013, 11:58 AM
The u15s Didn't just get beat they got destroyed it was 4 going on 9 or 10 we missed a pen mind you, this level and age group is all about development though and the game could be played again today and it could swing to the opposite, the big boy up top for them looked decent we struggled to deal with his hold up play

So the Yams are playing hoofball even at that level. Augurs well for their future ... oh wait :greengrin

Deansy
09-06-2013, 03:39 PM

The difference over the last 2/3 decades (since the fat 'Tory-Boy' brought them) is that they've used money they DIDN'T have to fill their 1st-Team with players that were way, way above their normal and historical level - their sole reason for existence was beating us and nothing else !!.

Now that these days are over, I don't just want us to 'Dominate' them, I want us to DECIMATE them in every single match played - 3 decades of them using money to defy nature deserves mega pay-back !!. I'd start with sending out our 1st-Team in every derby-match with the target of beating, or at least, equalising THAT score-line from 1973 !!

Bleeds green
09-06-2013, 04:20 PM
So the Yams are playing hoofball even at that level. Augurs well for their future ... oh wait :greengrin

Na mate they played te better football it was us that reverted to hoofball they kept the ball better and used space and when the ball was played into there only striker he held it up well an brought others into it we struggled to get much service to our front players, learning curve though just a bad day at the office

RoxburghHibs
09-06-2013, 05:06 PM
Na mate they played te better football it was us that reverted to hoofball they kept the ball better and used space and when the ball was played into there only striker he held it up well an brought others into it we struggled to get much service to our front players, learning curve though just a bad day at the office

Yeah agreed Hearts were well worth the 4-0 win. However Hibs did play a few U14 lads in this game (was good to see Boozy at this match as he's the Hibs U14 coach) and Hearts started with a couple of their U17 players - although I think they had some U14s on the bench. But it was men v boys - literally :greengrin

Bleeds green
09-06-2013, 07:07 PM
Think they only had one u17 in wee johnny who's about 4ft tall but I'd agree they have a few boys who seem to be developing physically quicker, gd to see some u14s in there great believer in testing urselve against an older age group to develop better, thought our number 8 looked a good young prospect smithy I think he's called and the blonde boy oot white quick as a whippet

The Falcon
09-06-2013, 07:43 PM
Hibs ladies beat Falkirk 11-0 today to stay second in the league behind Glasgow City. The Ladies development squad is also top of their division.

Hibs also run U17, U15, U13 and U11 teams. The womens sides are very successful.

Its not the first team but illustrates a lot of the good work that has gone on to raise the Hibernian profile and brand whilst doing what is regularly claimed Hibs dont do very well and that is connecting with the community and supporters.

Coco Bryce
10-06-2013, 07:51 AM
Yeah agreed Hearts were well worth the 4-0 win. However Hibs did play a few U14 lads in this game (was good to see Boozy at this match as he's the Hibs U14 coach) and Hearts started with a couple of their U17 players - although I think they had some U14s on the bench. But it was men v boys - literally :greengrin

The midfielder McKirdy for Hearts totally ran the show and stuck out like a sore thumb. It's no surprise he's away to Man U next season on £2k a week :dizzy: