PDA

View Full Version : Jose Mourinho returns

Thecat23
03-06-2013, 01:08 PM
So it's now confirmed, the special one has returned to Chelski. Wonder how they will do next season? Sky Bet offering 5/6 to win any trophy.

Last Minute
03-06-2013, 01:09 PM
http://livearticle.skysports.com/Event/Sky_Sports_Today_-_Monday_June_3

JimBHibees
03-06-2013, 02:40 PM
So it's now confirmed, the special one has returned to Chelski. Wonder how they will do next season? Sky Bet offering 5/6 to win any trophy.

Great price IMO.

Scouse Hibee
03-06-2013, 02:45 PM
Will he be such a success second time around?

jacomo
03-06-2013, 02:52 PM
I wonder if the media might get bored of him very quickly second time around. Mourinho has had a very successful but nomadic career - never managing at any club (or country) for longer than 3 years. He lives on creating tension and division - surely people will see straight through him if he tries to manufacture some of the same antagonism again?

My prediction is that he will make an enemy of Moyes at the earliest opportunity (in part because he wanted the Man U job so badly himself) and try and use that to his advantage.

Scottie
03-06-2013, 02:55 PM
Will he be such a success second time around?

Unfortunatly YES i'm afraid

Doors wide open as i think he'll be given £millions to spend by Roman the Russian.

Utd - New manager
City - New manager
Arsenal - Same old
Spurs - Anyones guess

Hope the relationship Hibs seemed to have with Chelsea last time he was manager is rekindled (loan deals ? youth set up's?)

KanyeWestLower
03-06-2013, 03:24 PM
10/1 @ Ladbrookes to stay unbeaten at Stamford Bridge! Free money!

hibee92
03-06-2013, 03:31 PM

:faf:

frazeHFC
03-06-2013, 04:13 PM

Won't be that easy!

Pretty Boy
03-06-2013, 04:25 PM
If I gave much of a toss about the EPL then i'd say next season could be quite interesting.

Viva_Palmeiras
03-06-2013, 04:58 PM
Unfortunatly YES i'm afraid

Doors wide open as i think he'll be given £millions to spend by Roman the Russian.

Utd - New manager
City - New manager
Arsenal - Same old
Spurs - Anyones guess

Hope the relationship Hibs seemed to have with Chelsea last time he was manager is rekindled (loan deals ? youth set up's?)

Was it Keenan and Morais we got from them ;)

Sir David Gray
03-06-2013, 05:09 PM
Was it Keenan and Morais we got from them ;)

No.

Keenan came to us from Melbourne Victory and Morais came from Millwall.

We got Yves Makalambay from Chelsea.

hfc rd
03-06-2013, 05:10 PM
No.

What about the lad Craig Rocastle? I'm sure he was brought in from chelski.

Sir David Gray
03-06-2013, 06:00 PM
What about the lad Craig Rocastle? I'm sure he was brought in from chelski.

Yep, he was.

Just looked him up out of interest and he apparently plays for the Missouri Comets indoor football side now!

Billy Whizz
03-06-2013, 08:13 PM
Yep, he was.

Just looked him up out of interest and he apparently plays for the Missouri Comets indoor football side now!

Is it 7 aside size goals?

EdinMike
03-06-2013, 08:17 PM
And in other news Everton and Wigan agree a Fee for Martinez. Looks like Everton are putting their trust in another young up and coming manager. Not sure he'll be as successful as Moyes though. Time will tell !

HibeeSince85
03-06-2013, 08:23 PM
And in other news Everton and Wigan agree a Fee for Martinez. Looks like Everton are putting their trust in another young up and coming manager. Not sure he'll be as successful as Moyes though. Time will tell !

Won more than Moyes ever has though. With a much weaker side.

Scouse Hibee
03-06-2013, 08:33 PM

Not quite the same as when they took an unproven Moyes from Preston though is it. He's already been more successful than Moyes in the search for the holy grail of a trophy. Quite surprised by his appointment to be honest as I thought they would go for someone from outside the Premiership (I know Wigan have been relegated) but you know what I mean :greengrin.

Andy74
03-06-2013, 08:39 PM
No.

I'm sure both were Chelsea players at some point.

heretoday
03-06-2013, 08:41 PM
Great to have Mourinho back. Comedy gold. The current crop of Prem managers are a bit boring apart from him.

YehButNoBut
03-06-2013, 08:43 PM
Great to have Mourinho back. Comedy gold. The current crop of Prem managers are a bit boring apart from him.

Ian Holloway is back. :greengrin

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2332063/Ian-Holloway-Premier-League--best-quotes.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

Sir David Gray
03-06-2013, 09:06 PM
I'm sure both were Chelsea players at some point.

They were indeed but we didn't sign either of them from Chelsea.

Thecat23
03-06-2013, 09:10 PM
Great price IMO.

Huge price mate. Might lump big on that!

YehButNoBut
03-06-2013, 09:47 PM
Is this Jose's shopping list??

Returning Chelsea Boss Jose Mourinho Targets Six In £160m Spending Spree

Edinson Cavani
Luke Shaw
Eliaquim Mangala
Luka Modric
Andre Schurrle
Sami Khedira

http://www.caughtoffside.com/2013/06/03/exclusive-returning-chelsea-boss-jose-mourinho-targets-six-in-160m-spending-spree/

heretoday
03-06-2013, 09:52 PM
Ian Holloway is back. :greengrin

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2332063/Ian-Holloway-Premier-League--best-quotes.html?ito=feeds-newsxml
That's true and there's Di Canio too but I don't find them as appealing as JM somehow.

hfc rd
03-06-2013, 11:05 PM
Is this Jose's shopping list??

Returning Chelsea Boss Jose Mourinho Targets Six In £160m Spending Spree

Edinson Cavani
Luke Shaw
Eliaquim Mangala
Luka Modric
Andre Schurrle
Sami Khedira

http://www.caughtoffside.com/2013/06/03/exclusive-returning-chelsea-boss-jose-mourinho-targets-six-in-160m-spending-spree/

That "caughtoffside" website is a joke. Just as laughable as football rumours. I'm still waiting for Marcello Lippi to be announced as the new QPR manager.

DAVE1875
03-06-2013, 11:47 PM
That's true and there's Di Canio too but I don't find them as appealing as JM somehow.

Di Canio is like a Mourinho on drugs whilst Holloway tries too hard to be funny at times, Jose is just a natural

Hibernia&Alba
04-06-2013, 10:22 AM
If I gave much of a toss about the EPL then i'd say next season could be quite interesting.

It certainly should be. This season's top three all with new managers. New managers also at Everton and Stoke and maybe a few others. Mourinho is a proven winner at Chelsea, but there's no guarantee it will be the same second time around. The current owner has already sacked him once. It will be interesting in many ways.

JimBHibees
04-06-2013, 10:40 AM
How many seconds in Mourinho's Chelsea tenure will he be trying to wind up Moyes? Wont take long IMO. :greengrin