PDA

View Full Version : Michael O'Neill

green glory
01-06-2013, 12:52 PM
Spotted in the Horseshoe Inn next to Saughton Park. Does he still have a house in Edinburgh?

Andy74
01-06-2013, 12:53 PM
Spotted in the Horseshoe Inn next to Saughton Park. Does he still have a house in Edinburgh?

He lives here.

J-C
01-06-2013, 01:25 PM

Pretty sure his wife is from here, so will have a family home here too I'd suppose.

jodjam
01-06-2013, 03:22 PM
Owns 2 houses in Edinburgh.

PatHead
01-06-2013, 04:11 PM
Pretty sure his wife is from here, so will have a family home here too I'd suppose.

His wife is a primary school teacher in Edinburgh

Winston Ingram
01-06-2013, 07:08 PM
He apparently moved back to Edinburgh due to the number of NI players in the SPL:agree:

scoopyboy
01-06-2013, 07:18 PM
He apparently moved back to Edinburgh due to the number of NI players in the SPL:agree:

He lived in Edinburgh long before he was the manager of Northern Ireland.

When manager of Shamrock Rovers he would fly back from Dublin on the Saturday morning and go back on the Tuesday.

Winston Ingram
01-06-2013, 08:04 PM
He lived in Edinburgh long before he was the manager of Northern Ireland.

When manager of Shamrock Rovers he would fly back from Dublin on the Saturday morning and go back on the Tuesday.

I may be wrong but I'm sure I read somewhere that he'd moved back to Ireland & then decided to move back to Edinburgh

scoopyboy
01-06-2013, 08:14 PM
I may be wrong but I'm sure I read somewhere that he'd moved back to Ireland & then decided to move back to Edinburgh

A player he had at Brechin was offered the chance to sign for Shamrock Rovers.

He wasn't sure but was tempted when O'Neill told him about the travelling back on Saturday morning with him and returning on Tuesday morning.

Said player eventually turned down the move because he had a steady job with Scottish Widows and didn't want to give it up, eventually signing for Raith Rovers.

His wage at SR was to be £800pw which I thought was reasonable.

monktonharp
01-06-2013, 10:37 PM

He wasn't sure but was tempted when O'Neill told him about the travelling back on Saturday morning with him and returning on Tuesday morning.

Said player eventually turned down the move because he had a steady job with Scottish Widows and didn't want to give it up, eventually signing for Raith Rovers.

His wage at SR was to be £800pw which I thought was reasonable.wages sounds ok, but he maybe forgot to factor in the weekly Guinness fees in Tallagh . can be as much as 200 euro, and that's only for weekday bevvy.

s.a.m
01-06-2013, 10:53 PM
wages sounds ok, but he maybe forgot to factor in the weekly Guinness fees in Tallagh . can be as much as 200 euro, and that's only for weekday bevvy.

I was at a wedding in Tallagh. 'Nuf said. :wink:

renato
01-06-2013, 11:18 PM

His wage at SR was to be £800pw which I thought was reasonable.

DS, Scoops? Good lad and good player. Didn't realise MO'N offered the travel option, at the time.