PDA

View Full Version : NHC Gordon Smith very very skint indeed

hibs0666
01-06-2013, 08:26 AM
Does the like the gee-gee's too much? (http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/rangers-legend-gordon-smith-declared-1925160)

Carheenlea
01-06-2013, 11:40 AM
Hair weaves and hair dye do not come cheap.

Geo_1875
01-06-2013, 12:05 PM
At least he's gone the personal route instead of tying up his debts in a limited company or hiding his assets in his wife's name.

Keith_M
01-06-2013, 12:19 PM
I know I'm gonna get pelters for this but....

How on earth can somebody get in so much personal debt?

I'm not saying I've never been in debt before or worried just how I'm gonna pay things but 650k!! Jeezo, I think I would have noticed a long time before that there was a problem.

Purple & Green
01-06-2013, 12:25 PM
At least he's gone the personal route instead of tying up his debts in a limited company or hiding his assets in his wife's name.

I'm sure he tried...

Which makes me wonder what happened. Maybe he guaranteed company debts with personal wealth and assets, but reading the record summary I don't think that's what happened either. Maybe it is gambling debts and he's scared for his health if he doesn't repay them?

HFC 0-7
01-06-2013, 12:27 PM

I'm not saying I've never been in debt before or worried just how I'm gonna pay things but 650k!! Jeezo, I think I would have noticed a long time before that there was a problem.

Most of that may be his mortgage? They did say his house is worth 500k.

jacomo
01-06-2013, 12:31 PM

The richer you are, the bigger your debts. Or maybe he took too many risks trying to claw back losses on a bad business venture?

blackpoolhibs
01-06-2013, 12:33 PM
Does he just not owe it to himself? :confused:

givescotlandfreedom
01-06-2013, 01:04 PM
He's one of the reasons the game's in the state it's in.

Bostonhibby
01-06-2013, 01:25 PM
Maybe the poor sap did the double, invested in millions of the the rangers shares at the offer price and put the rest of his life savings on the jamturds "share" issue!

Bishop Hibee
01-06-2013, 01:50 PM
His shameless touting of Kenny Miller to the Oldco, his pointless tenure with the SFA and his sycophantic relationship with the supposedly impartial BBC make it difficult for me to shed a tear.

SmashinGlass
01-06-2013, 02:42 PM
Most of that may be his mortgage? They did say his house is worth 500k.

The mortgage won't be included in the debt figure, as it will relate solely to unsecured debts.

Jonnyboy
01-06-2013, 04:08 PM
Does he just not owe it to himself? :confused:

Indeed. I've heard he'll relaunch himself as The Gordon Smith

jdships
01-06-2013, 04:11 PM
He's one of the reasons the game's in the state it's in.

Just been speaking with a friend who knows him quite well and he says
" Simply tried to live a lifestyle and mix with people neither of whom he could afford to . Just liked the good life . Decent bloke away from football "

Sounds familiar :rolleyes:

lucky
01-06-2013, 05:58 PM
Shame for his family. I know his brother really decent guy. By all accounts it was his bad investments that done him in the end but he is going the honourable route rather than bumping everyone through his companies. This actually took place 7 months ago. Hopefully for his families sake he is nearly through it.

Hibernia Na Eir
01-06-2013, 06:05 PM
funny how often we read and see similar stories, yet we always see the poor souls running around in Range Rover Vogues after the so called event.

lapsedhibee
01-06-2013, 07:12 PM
Shame for his family. I know his brother really decent guy. By all accounts it was his bad investments that done him in the end but he is going the honourable route rather than bumping everyone through his companies. This actually took place 7 months ago. Hopefully for his families sake he is nearly through it.

Going bankrupt is only an honourable route imo if, once you are back on your feet, you make some attempt to repay all those people you owed money to before you went bankrupt. Some do, many don't. For those that don't, I struggle to see the honour involved.

cabbageandribs1875
01-06-2013, 07:29 PM
Colin Hendry was/is a bit of a s***ehouse after shaftin quite a few people before his bankruptcy, the ****

So Hendry gets a highly paid job at Rover`s ,but of course that does not mean his creditors in his bankruptcy will get more money back from the bankrupt ,no his agreement in bankrupty was to pay £1,000 a month for 3 years a total of £36,000 to be shared out amongst all his £2.2 million creditors , but no he cannot even do that , he has £ 2 million pension pot, lives in a million pound house, drives a new mercedes , kids at the most expensive private schools ,gets well paid at Rovers and in all he has paid two months at a £1,000 a month. He is 22 months behind , and it will be forgotten about ,because the Trustees cannot be bothered chasing him to pay

http://www.colinhendrylies.com/ (http://www.colinhendrylies.com/)

CropleyWasGod
01-06-2013, 07:32 PM
The mortgage won't be included in the debt figure, as it will relate solely to unsecured debts.

You sure?

IWasThere2016
01-06-2013, 09:39 PM
Shame for him. He is a really nice guy too.

monktonharp
01-06-2013, 10:27 PM
His shameless touting of Kenny Miller to the Oldco, his pointless tenure with the SFA and his sycophantic relationship with the supposedly impartial BBC make it difficult for me to shed a tear.:agree:me too. Ionce saw him breeze into a pub in Glasow, near to Valintino's night club ?(where all the football stars went ). he had a huge eantourage with him, buying drinks for all and mouthing off, flash bassa. he could be offering his services as a freelance financial consultant , to Hmfc for all we know:wink:

monktonharp
01-06-2013, 10:30 PM
Indeed. I've heard he'll relaunch himself as The Gordon Smith:faf:

hibsbollah
01-06-2013, 10:34 PM

:hilarious:

Speedway
02-06-2013, 01:51 PM

Its already gotten credit, but deserves more :)

Hibernia&Alba
02-06-2013, 01:53 PM

Very good indeed :aok:

green glory
02-06-2013, 02:37 PM
He's a Hun **** who's ridden the SFA/Rangers gravy train for long enough. Not sure if I've got much sympathy.

blackpoolhibs
02-06-2013, 02:50 PM
He's a Hun **** who's ridden the SFA/Rangers gravy train for long enough. Not sure if I've got much sympathy.

You know i couldn't have put it any better myself. :agree:

Bostonhibby
02-06-2013, 10:27 PM

Unless a show stopper emerges from planet yam we already have a winner for post of the year, but Gonzo might pay off all his creditors in full after the bankruptcy ha ha ha

Steve-O
03-06-2013, 03:20 AM

And will no doubt get to keep his wife, kids, and the rest of his history on the cheap :rolleyes: