PDA

View Full Version : Question Would You Contribute To A Managers Fund?

FranckSuzy
31-05-2013, 06:18 PM
For some time now, the idea of a Managers Fund - where fans contribute an amount within their budget monthly in order that it is used directly on the playing squad - has been discussed. This poll is intended to gauge the level of support for such a scheme if it were available. All (constructive :wink:) comments are welcomed :aok:

*Please note, this poll is not being posted on behalf of hibs.net. It is part of the work LWT were undertaking this season and this post is merely canvassing opinion.

West hamBERNIAN
31-05-2013, 06:51 PM
if there where a dedicated payment service to help fund transfers i'd be all for it. would also pay a pretty penny for hibs tv if they were to televise games for ppl in England to. i realise many make the effort to drive from england for games but after driving around 50-60 hrs a week it ain't easy. just saying:greengrin

FranckSuzy
31-05-2013, 06:54 PM
if there where a dedicated payment service to help fund transfers i'd be all for it. would also pay a pretty penny for hibs tv if they were to televise games for ppl in England to. i realise many make the effort to drive from england for games but after driving around 50-60 hrs a week it ain't easy. just saying:greengrin

:aok:

As for the rest of your post, maybe you could contact HibsTV? :wink: :greengrin

HH81
31-05-2013, 06:56 PM
As i already pay into the Hibernians, would this take away from that scheme?

Saorsa
31-05-2013, 06:57 PM
As i already pay into the Hibernians, would this take away from that scheme?why would it? Are you only going tae pay half tae each? :greengrin

KdyHby
31-05-2013, 06:59 PM
Currently buy the Hibs Lotto, would rather pay twice as much directly to the manager's fund.

FranckSuzy
31-05-2013, 07:00 PM

Good question HH. No, in a nutshell. That scheme already exists and AFAIK will continue. This scheme is intended to cater for those who wish to contribute directly to the funds the manager has access to. For whatever reason, the existing schemes do not appeal to some fans :aok:

Jonnyboy
31-05-2013, 07:00 PM

The Hibernians funds youth development. The fund this thread refers too would generate monies for the manager to use in building etc his senior squad. Any 'new' fund set up (and it's early days yet) would not look to be taking subscribers away from existing income streams

West hamBERNIAN
31-05-2013, 07:01 PM
:aok:

As for the rest of your post, maybe you could contact HibsTV? :wink: :greengrin

good point. :aok:

Chibs
31-05-2013, 07:03 PM
I thought I did through the hibs lotto.

HH81
31-05-2013, 07:03 PM
why would it? Are you only going tae pay half tae each? :greengrin

Ok, you may get people cancelling this to pay into the managers fund? Then what?

hibees 7062
31-05-2013, 07:04 PM
Currently buy the Hibs Lotto, would rather pay twice as much directly to the manager's fund.

:agree:

FranckSuzy
31-05-2013, 07:05 PM

Then you are exactly the kind of fan this would cater for :aok: IMHO, it's a win-win situation for Hibs, in that all these other schemes will rightly continue to appeal to certain fans. However, it may just be that there's a opening for another type of arrangement. No-one loses out as the money is still going to Hibs whether it be Hibs Lotto, The Hibernians etc. It's just another way to make Sir Rod happy :cb

Saorsa
31-05-2013, 07:05 PM
Ok, you may get people cancelling this to pay into the managers fund? Then what?You asked about you though :wink: It's up tae you what you dae. I donate tae kick for kids every season, that winnae change because of this. This is extra, get yer dosh oot :greengrin

FranckSuzy
31-05-2013, 07:08 PM
Ok, you may get people cancelling this to pay into the managers fund? Then what?

At present, the idea is that the scheme will offer no incentive other than knowing you are contributing directly to Hibs. The other schemes offer priority/the chance to win money etc. I don't see any reason why they can't co-exist. Either way, Hibs are getting the money :aok:

MSK
31-05-2013, 07:10 PM
Then you are exactly the kind of fan this would cater for :aok: IMHO, it's a win-win situation for Hibs, in that all these other schemes will rightly continue to appeal to certain fans. However, it may just be that there's a opening for another type of arrangement. No-one loses out as the money is still going to Hibs whether it be Hibs Lotto, The Hibernians etc. It's just another way to make Sir Rod happy :cbIsnt a percentage of the lotto money deducted though ..ie hibs get 60p & the lotto get 40p from the £ ..whereas the other way hibs/Fenlon gets 100% ...or am I wrong ..?...:greengrin

hibs4thecup1988
31-05-2013, 07:10 PM

That was the whole thing... Hibs lotto...26p in the £ goes to PF.

Whereas with this EVERY penny in the pound would go to PF.

Jonnyboy
31-05-2013, 07:13 PM

If you buy the lotto then yes you do at the rate of 26p for every £1 you spend. This idea is not intended to steal lotto customers away but rather to offer an alternative to fans who would prefer a sum to go to the manager in total. For example a lotto buyer spending £10 a month is giving Pat £2.60 which is great but anyone donating to this fund in the same way would be giving all £10 to the manager.

FranckSuzy
31-05-2013, 07:14 PM
Isnt a percentage of the lotto money deducted though ..ie hibs get 60p & the lotto get 40p from the £ ..whereas the other way hibs/Fenlon gets 100% ...or am I wrong ..?...:greengrin

No, you are not wrong. Well, about the lotto at least :greengrin. Not sure about the Hibernians. But I think this is the key to the proposed fund-100% of the money goes to the manager. However, with that, you have to accept there is no incentive other than helping the team. No priority for tickets, no prize fund. Just the smug satisfaction of knowing you are giving your hard-earned cash to the Hibees :thumbsup:

Jonnyboy
31-05-2013, 07:15 PM

It's not intended as replacement, HH but rather an alternative. Individual fans can choose which route they are most comfortable with

FranckSuzy
31-05-2013, 07:17 PM
It's not intended as replacement, HH but rather an alternative. Individual fans can choose which route they are most comfortable with

That is the key point :agree:

Pete
31-05-2013, 07:18 PM
I think there are enough ways as it is to contribute without buying match tickets. Another one might dilute the income from other schemes and over-complicating things might put people off additional contributions altogether.

MSK
31-05-2013, 07:19 PM
No, you are not wrong. Well, about the lotto at least :greengrin. Not sure about the Hibernians. But I think this is the key to the proposed fund-100% of the money goes to the manager. However, with that, you have to accept there is no incentive other than helping the team. No priority for tickets, no prize fund. Just the smug satisfaction of knowing you are giving your hard-earned cash to the Hibees :thumbsup:Thanks S ..if I was gonna contribute then I would want every penny spent on the squad..not interested in anything other than better players on that pitch ..good enough for me ..:thumbsup:

Jonnyboy
31-05-2013, 07:20 PM
I think there are enough ways as it is to contribute without buying match tickets. Another one might dilute the income from other schemes and over-complicating things might put people off additional contributions altogether.

Point taken Peter but conversely you could argue that fans who shun the lottery for example, because of the split of takings and who would still like to contribute specifically to a managers fund, would have that choice available :agree:

HH81
31-05-2013, 07:20 PM

I like the Hibernians as i get a final ticket through it :greengrin

Has anyone even asked hibs as they might not want this?

Jonnyboy
31-05-2013, 07:21 PM

Lets just say it is a topic that LWT have discussed in the past and will do so again in the future :agree:

FranckSuzy
31-05-2013, 07:22 PM

All valid points PD but there have been calls for a scheme such as this from various quarters whenever the subject is brought up. For some reason, the existing schemes are not attracting certain fans, however a fund idea seems to interest some people. This is merely a toe-dip in the water :aok:

Also, it shouldn't over-complicate things. There is a scheme for donating to the Youth Team, a Hibs Lotto, STs and hopefully a Manager's Fund. All four are completely different but all result in the same thing - money to Hibs. This is just a more direct option and I would argue, less complicated :agree:.

KdyHby
31-05-2013, 07:23 PM
Thanks S ..if I was gonna contribute then I would want every penny spent on the squad..not interested in anything other than better players on that pitch ..good enough for me ..:thumbsup:

This for me. I currently reluctantly pay a few £s a month to the lotto, would much prefer to pay more directly to the proposed fund.

Billy Whizz
31-05-2013, 07:25 PM
Point taken Peter but conversely you could argue that fans who shun the lottery for example, because of the split of takings and who would still like to contribute specifically to a managers fund, would have that choice available :agree:

I don't gamble, so the lottery is a no go for me. Would be happy to put a small amount Hibs way each month, if I was guaranteed it went to where I was told it was going.
The 26p in the £1, lottery is a lot less than Hibs will make on merchandise etc, however if hibs view the people tickets as an additional spend, instead of the full lottery, then its incremental

FranckSuzy
31-05-2013, 07:27 PM

Fair enough HH :aok: That's your right. Some people get the tickets but also want to do more :agree:

Hibs wouldn't want a donation of money? Come on now :greengrin

FranckSuzy
31-05-2013, 07:29 PM
Thanks S ..if I was gonna contribute then I would want every penny spent on the squad..not interested in anything other than better players on that pitch ..good enough for me ..:thumbsup:

:agree: I don't think you are alone in that K :aok:

CraigHibee
31-05-2013, 07:31 PM
i'd happily make a payment each month if it meant improving the squad

Eyrie
31-05-2013, 07:55 PM
I think it's only fair that there should be a small incentive for those who contribute, for example the right to buy one ticket for a cup semi or final after the season ticket holders have had the chance but before the general public sale.

Hibby D
31-05-2013, 08:18 PM
I buy a season ticket. That goes to the playing squad doesn't it?

Hibs ain't getting any more from me. :aok:

Jonnyboy
31-05-2013, 08:28 PM
I think it's only fair that there should be a small incentive for those who contribute, for example the right to buy one ticket for a cup semi or final after the season ticket holders have had the chance but before the general public sale.

I see where you're coming from but this is intended as a donation which by implication means nothing in return except a warm fuzzy feeling :greengrin

Don't panic D, it's not compulsory :greengrin

marinello59
31-05-2013, 08:30 PM

Pretty much where I am. If I want to give the club more I would prefer to give it via Kicks for Kids. I'll save any donation by monthly direct debit for a proper charity like the RNLI. I ain't no millionaire.:greengrin
Best of luck to the scheme though if it goes ahead, it appears there are people willing to support the club like this.

FranckSuzy
31-05-2013, 08:30 PM

Yes :agree:. Fair enough, but this scheme is proposing to accomodate those who do wish to give extra money to Hibs, even if they are existing ST holders etc. Strangely enough, there seems to be a fair few :greengrin.

Saorsa
31-05-2013, 08:34 PM
Yes :agree:. Fair enough, but this scheme is proposing to accomodate those who do wish to give extra money to Hibs, even if they are existing ST holders etc. Strangely enough, there seems to be a fair few :greengrin.Is there a doctor in the hoose http://i213.photobucket.com/albums/cc93/jontreichel/Smileys/Sofrayt%20Smileys/bth_doctor.gif

:greengrin

heidtheba
31-05-2013, 08:41 PM
I would - I don't attend games for a variety of reasons, work, starting my own business and illness - and don't buy club gear - just don't have opportunities to wear it and never been a fan of football strips etc (although I have to say that the top this year was gorgeous). I'm on the PM on here and I'd love to actually feel more ownership to a club.

FWIW this sense of rekindled interest in Hibs - season tickets between 93 and 95 and attended regularly till about 99 - is down to everyone on here.

So yeah, I'm in with this idea.

FranckSuzy
31-05-2013, 08:42 PM
Is there a doctor in the hoose http://i213.photobucket.com/albums/cc93/jontreichel/Smileys/Sofrayt%20Smileys/bth_doctor.gif

:greengrin

:tee hee:

FranckSuzy
31-05-2013, 08:45 PM
Pretty much where I am. If I want to give the club more I would prefer to give it via Kicks for Kids. I'll save any donation by monthly direct debit for a proper charity like the RNLI. I ain't no millionaire.:greengrin
Best of luck to the scheme though if it goes ahead, it appears there are people willing to support the club like this.

That's fair enough :aok: As I say, I am sure all the schemes can live alongside each other. There are some who appeal to certain folk more than others and yet there seems to be a demand for another. Either way, Hibs win :thumbsup:

Hibby D
31-05-2013, 08:45 PM
Don't panic D, it's not compulsory :greengrin[/B]

I'm not panicking. I can assure you :greengrin

Yes :agree:. Fair enough, but this scheme is proposing to accomodate those who do wish to give extra money to Hibs, even if they are existing ST holders etc. Strangely enough, there seems to be a fair few :greengrin.

You asked a question. I understood it and was merely answering.

FranckSuzy
31-05-2013, 08:48 PM
I'm not panicking. I can assure you :greengrin

You asked a question. I understood it and was merely answering.

I know :wink:. I was merely answering your question about my question :greengrin

Gerard
31-05-2013, 08:55 PM
I know :wink:. I was merely answering your question about my question :greengrin

There are a few means that you can pay monthly in order to benefit Hibs.
I contribute to the Erin Trust,
The Hibernians
The Hibs Lotto
The above 2 give all the money raised to Hibs without any deductions.
I used to do the Nat Lotto but have stopped and prefer to still have a flutter and see Hibs get a percentage of my money.
g

Saorsa
31-05-2013, 09:00 PM
The Hibernians
The Hibs Lotto
I used to do the Nat Lotto but have stopped and prefer to still have a flutter and see Hibs get a percentage of my money.
gAnd this is an idea for another one :wink:

FranckSuzy
31-05-2013, 09:04 PM
The Hibernians
The Hibs Lotto
g

Fair points Gerard. However, for whatever reason, there seems to be an appetite for a scheme that people feel is contributing directly to the Manager's budget :aok:

Cameron1875
31-05-2013, 09:15 PM
Season ticket, Cup games and amount I spent on merchandise is more than enough from myself i think. Our prices for season tickets are a complete joke anyway imo.

Jonnyboy
31-05-2013, 09:19 PM
Season ticket, Cup games and amount I spent on merchandise is more than enough from myself i think. Our prices for season tickets are a complete joke anyway imo.

Cool. Thanks for that :greengrin

Gerard
31-05-2013, 09:24 PM
Fair points Gerard. However, for whatever reason, there seems to be an appetite for a scheme that people feel is contributing directly to the Manager's budget :aok:

The idea of money going directly to the managers budget was discussed before the Hibs Lotto went active.
I would be happy to contribute to such a fund.
As you may be aware Hibs are run with a very lean admin staff who each have several jobs to do and would find it very difficult to manage such a scheme.
This proposed scheme would have to be supporter led. I have knowledge of being part of such a supporter led scheme. I would be happy to pass on my experiences.
regards
Gerard

FranckSuzy
31-05-2013, 09:30 PM
The idea of money going directly to the managers budget was discussed before the Hibs Lotto went active.
As you may be aware Hibs are run with a very lean admin staff who each have several jobs to do and would find it very difficult to manage such a scheme.
This proposed scheme would have to be supporter led. I have knowledge of being part of such a supporter led scheme. I would be happy to pass on my experiences.
regards
Gerard

Thanks Gerard. I am only canvassing opinion for the ongoing LWT initiative. I'm not sure if you are involved with them already?

Viva_Palmeiras
31-05-2013, 09:31 PM
regards
Gerard

Hi Gerard, were gettin' the band back together ;) picking up from where we left things. Suzy is just canvassing opinion. I has a chat with her this evening an she is aware we've tapped in to expertise of Erin/Hibernians etc. but perhaps not able to match names to organisations. We're all aiming for e same prize. Happy to catch up for a chat or over PM. Well discuss this at the next LWT.

FranckSuzy
31-05-2013, 09:31 PM
Cool. Thanks for that :greengrin

:tee hee:

Mikey
31-05-2013, 09:52 PM
There's clearly a demand for some way that people can put money into the club, over and above what they already give, and on that basis it's worth setting up. Every extra little bit helps fund players, regardless of where it comes from.

Eyrie
31-05-2013, 10:01 PM
I see where you're coming from but this is intended as a donation which by implication means nothing in return except a warm fuzzy feeling :greengrin
And a better team!

I wouldn't be in favour of anything that cost the club money (eg free admission to a game or discounted merchandise) but if there is a simple way that the club can provide a tangible thanks then that could encourage uptake.

Gerard
31-05-2013, 10:20 PM
Hi Gerard, were gettin' the band back together ;) picking up from where we left things. Suzy is just canvassing opinion. I has a chat with her this evening an she is aware we've tapped in to expertise of Erin/Hibernians etc. but perhaps not able to match names to organisations. We're all aiming for e same prize. Happy to catch up for a chat or over PM. Well discuss this at the next LWT.

See you at next LWT meeting
G

brydekirk
01-06-2013, 06:25 AM

Me tae

FranckSuzy
01-06-2013, 10:27 PM

Scouse Hibee
01-06-2013, 11:50 PM
Yes great idea for hard working punters who already pay inflated prices to fund overpaid players with inflated egos, why not just get the chancellor to impose a football supporters tax and be done with it!

kennyh
02-06-2013, 09:00 AM
I see this as an ideal way for folk like me who dont buy STs ( I did las season but its just not worth it as I can't get over often enough) to contribute to the Club we love.

Folk being negative about another way of the club fleecing us don't need to post or contribute when this comes a valid option but anything that can raise cash for the Club from fans who are keen to contribute should be explored.

I would be IN.

Saorsa
02-06-2013, 09:00 AM
Yes great idea for hard working punters who already pay inflated prices to fund overpaid players with inflated egos, why not just get the chancellor to impose a football supporters tax and be done with it!It's a great idea for those that want tae contribute, if you dinnae you have that choice.

Jack
02-06-2013, 09:08 AM
Yes great idea for hard working punters who already pay inflated prices to fund overpaid players with inflated egos, why not just get the chancellor to impose a football supporters tax and be done with it!

Scouser of milk Sir? :)

Yes some Hibees do give all they can.

This idea started with a lot of fans who couldn't support the club, or those with a bit of extra dosh, asking how they could make a direct financial impact.

These are folk who have a wee bit extra each month or live too far away, like overseas, who want to contribute to the club they love.

In the first instance the Hibernian Lotto was born. It was thought this could be a vehicle for all supporters to shed their extras with the chance of getting something back.

Its still not good enough for some of these far flung folk who were getting in touch saying they wanted to do more.

So the Lets Work Together crowd are going out to the broad support to consult on how this can best be achieved.

If supporters are desperate to give Hibs money, no matter how much or how little, its only right, IMO, that Hibs give them the opportunity.

I think Hibs could also make money by engaging with a legal company and offering a Last Will & Testament service ;)

Scouse Hibee
02-06-2013, 10:12 AM
Scouser of milk Sir? :)

Yes some Hibees do give all they can.

This idea started with a lot of fans who couldn't support the club, or those with a bit of extra dosh, asking how they could make a direct financial impact.

These are folk who have a wee bit extra each month or live too far away, like overseas, who want to contribute to the club they love.

In the first instance the Hibernian Lotto was born. It was thought this could be a vehicle for all supporters to shed their extras with the chance of getting something back.

Its still not good enough for some of these far flung folk who were getting in touch saying they wanted to do more.

So the Lets Work Together crowd are going out to the broad support to consult on how this can best be achieved.

If supporters are desperate to give Hibs money, no matter how much or how little, its only right, IMO, that Hibs give them the opportunity.

I think Hibs could also make money by engaging with a legal company and offering a Last Will & Testament service ;)

Has the model of a "Managers Fund" been tried at any other clubs?

Also realistically for the fund to be of any practical use to the manager what kind of money would it need to raise, with the size of our support do you genuinely think a realistic figure could be achieved?

Eyrie
02-06-2013, 10:38 AM

Also realistically for the fund to be of any practical use to the manager what kind of money would it need to raise, with the size of our support do you genuinely think a realistic figure could be achieved?

I don't think it would be unrealistic to expect 500 people to sign up at an average of £10 per month, which is £60k pa. That in itself is one additional squad player, but is more likely to be used to increase two squad player wages to be two first team regular wages which helps us to sign a better standard of player. For example it could be the difference between adding Hateley and settling for Toshney at RB.

hfc rd
02-06-2013, 10:59 AM
Was the Hibernian Lotto not set up for this sort of thing?

Viva_Palmeiras
02-06-2013, 12:12 PM
I see this as an ideal way for folk like me who dont buy STs ( I did las season but its just not worth it as I can't get over often enough) to contribute to the Club we love.

Folk being negative about another way of the club fleecing us don't need to post or contribute when this comes a valid option but anything that can raise cash for the Club from fans who are keen to contribute should be explored.

I would be IN.

Let me assure folks this would NOT be an initiative run by the club.

Management appreciate the economic realities and already fedback ways in which the supporters could help the club - STs, KFk, the Lotto and the Stones all go towards the managers budget. Bruce Langham expressed that through these avenues supporters can both support the club AND get something back in return.

In context - When this was first broached stones and lotto were also about to appear on the horizon...

right off to the Meadows festival - I'm the one in the Ché Petrie top.

FranckSuzy
02-06-2013, 12:43 PM

:agree: There are quite a few out there already. Re the rest of your post, I think other's have already covered it :greengrin

Purple & Green
02-06-2013, 01:07 PM
Why not do it as a share scheme? You pay £10 a month, at the end of the year you get £120 of Hibs shares, and the money goes directly to the player budget?

The one concern I have with a scheme like this, is that player A signs a two year contract and Hibs have a liability to him every month for two years. Someone might commit to the scheme today and pull out in a years time leaving a shortfall to be covered by Hibs.

Hibernia&Alba
02-06-2013, 01:20 PM
If fans are directly funding transfers in addition to buying the season tickets, matchday tickets, merchandise etc, surely said fans should have a say in the running of the club? Such a big move should be met with a measure such as fans on the board, or even the club being run as co-operative rather than a company. I'd be all for it if such a move changed the whole structure of the club.

Lang Toun Hibs
02-06-2013, 05:18 PM
A specific Leigh Griffiths transfer fund gets my vote! Gladly sacrifice one night out to see him back at Hibs on a permanent deal. (Not that I spend £500k on a night out - I'm hoping some others would feel likewise and we as fans could raise a substantial amount to contribute? Mr Petrie could do the rest with his negotiating!

marinello59
02-06-2013, 05:22 PM
A specific Leigh Griffiths transfer fund gets my vote! Gladly sacrifice one night out to see him back at Hibs on a permanent deal. (Not that I spend £500k on a night out - I'm hoping some others would feel likewise and we as fans could raise a substantial amount to contribute? Mr Petrie could do the rest with his negotiating!

You can't have a fund to back the manager then dictate to him how the money is spent.

Lang Toun Hibs
02-06-2013, 06:32 PM
You can't have a fund to back the manager then dictate to him how the money is spent.

Why not?! If Fenlon wants Leigh and I can't understand why he wouldn't then I'd be happy to contribute given the quality of the player. I would not blindly contribute the same amount though.

Scouse Hibee
02-06-2013, 06:35 PM
Let's ask the players if they would be willing to contribute to the fund.

Jonnyboy
02-06-2013, 06:48 PM
If fans are directly funding transfers in addition to buying the season tickets, matchday tickets, merchandise etc, surely said fans should have a say in the running of the club? Such a big move should be met with a measure such as fans on the board, or even the club being run as co-operative rather than a company. I'd be all for it if such a move changed the whole structure of the club.

It's a donation. Either you give or you don't. Each person has the right to choose. Also, a donation is just that, it's not a pathway into running the club :wink:

Fraught with danger. Yes we all want Leigh to sign but this scheme allows the manager the right to spend as he deems fit, not to buy and or sign p-layers the fans might want.

Why would they? We don't ask them to buy season tickets etc so why this? Players are employees and if they are fans too then that's a bonus

Saorsa
02-06-2013, 06:49 PM

Let's ask the players if they would be willing to contribute to the fund.Do you have anything worthwhile tae contribute tae this thread? :rolleyes: If no why bother? If yer no interested why no just leave it tae those that are? :yawn:

Scouse Hibee
02-06-2013, 06:53 PM
Do you have anything worthwhile tae contribute tae this thread? :rolleyes: If no why bother? If yer no interested why no just leave it tae those that are? :yawn:

I'm doing just fine but thanks for asking.:yawn:

Scouse Hibee
02-06-2013, 06:56 PM
It's a donation. Either you give or you don't. Each person has the right to choose. Also, a donation is just that, it's not a pathway into running the club :wink:

Fraught with danger. Yes we all want Leigh to sign but this scheme allows the manager the right to spend as he deems fit, not to buy and or sign p-layers the fans might want.

Why would they? We don't ask them to buy season tickets etc so why this? Players are employees and if they are fans too then that's a bonus

They wouldn't get the benefit!

Saorsa
02-06-2013, 06:56 PM
I'm doing just fine but thanks for asking.:yawn:I never asked how you were and couldnae really give a toss, away 'n' bile yer heid

Scouse Hibee
02-06-2013, 06:57 PM
I never asked how you were and couldnae really give a toss, away 'n' bile yer heid

I knew you'd crack!

Jonnyboy
02-06-2013, 06:58 PM
They wouldn't get the benefit!

Can I ask you a couple of yes/no questions?

1. Do you understand that this scheme would be for fans who wish to donate directly to the playing fund?

2. Would you contribute?

Scouse Hibee
02-06-2013, 07:03 PM
Can I ask you a couple of yes/no questions?

1. Do you understand that this scheme would be for fans who wish to donate directly to the playing fund?

2. Would you contribute?

Certainly Jonny always willing to answer a question from you:

1. Yes

2. Not really sure TBH until the full terms and conditions of the scheme were finalised. Sorry not a yes or no answer but an honest one all the same.

Jonnyboy
02-06-2013, 07:05 PM
Certainly Jonny always willing to answer a question from you:

1. Yes

2. Not really sure TBH until the full terms and conditions of the scheme were finalised.

Cheers for that :agree: I sense your stance has altered a bit as you kinda started off with a 'yer no getting any mair o' ma money' and now it's you're not sure :greengrin

Hibby D
02-06-2013, 07:06 PM

Why did that option form part of the poll then? :confused:

When Suzy started this thread her opening question was "Would you contribute to a manager's fund?"
There wasn't a "No" option, so those like me, who choose to say no and want to answer the question, can only do so by replying in a post.

I'm sorry that's not a popular choice for some.

Scouse Hibee
02-06-2013, 07:09 PM
Cheers for that :agree: I sense your stance has altered a bit as you kinda started off with a 'yer no getting any mair o' ma money' and now it's you're not sure :greengrin

I never said that. I do enjoy myself on here. :wink:

Jonnyboy
02-06-2013, 07:10 PM
I never said that. I do enjoy myself on here. :wink:

No you didn't, no. Still true though :na na:

Scouse Hibee
02-06-2013, 07:12 PM
No you didn't, no. Still true though :na na:

I merely provoked responses in favour of it :na na:

Viva_Palmeiras
02-06-2013, 07:13 PM
To put things in context any donation would be the equivalent of a top-up to the available budget IMO. I'd envisage this taking time to build up. For example the £150k mentioned in some quarters (rightly or wrongly) for Leigh would still not have been reached if the fund matched the best year of Club86 (albeit still a significant amount of dosh)

I could be wrong but i doubt the club could view the donation as a steady income flow similar to the ST payment plan.

Off to watch Brasileiros rip a new one for the Engs... ;)

marinello59
02-06-2013, 08:00 PM
Why did that option form part of the poll then? :confused:

When Suzy started this thread her opening question was "Would you contribute to a manager's fund?"
There wasn't a "No" option, so those like me, who choose to say no and want to answer the question, can only do so by replying in a post.

I'm sorry that's not a popular choice for some.
Buggered if I know how the questions were decided.:greengrin
I'm a no as well, I spend enough on Hibs as it is. But if people want to throw extra at the club then that's up to them. I'd rather donate to real deserving charities.

Mikey
02-06-2013, 08:18 PM
I'd rather donate to real deserving charities.

Do you need my bank details?? :devil:

marinello59
02-06-2013, 08:25 PM
Do you need my bank details?? :devil:

You are behind the Vegas crap dealers for a hand out.:greengrin

Lang Toun Hibs
02-06-2013, 08:57 PM
Buggered if I know how the questions were decided.:greengrin
I'm a no as well, I spend enough on Hibs as it is. But if people want to throw extra at the club then that's up to them. I'd rather donate to real deserving charities.

For what it's worth it agree with you in the main - between season tickets, merchandise, half time draws and now the lotto, I also feel that I spend enough on Hibs....probably too much, my wife would say. However, if I had the chance to donate a bit extra to help the club secure Leigh on a permanent deal to ensure I would be able to watch him at Easter Road again next season as a Hibs player, then I would be happy too.

FranckSuzy
07-06-2013, 10:25 PM
Evening folks

The idea of a Managers' Fund has certainly generated some interest and it's now time to close the poll. In order for LWT to gain a rough idea of the commitment out there, would those of you who were kind enough to reply/vote saying you'd be interested in contributing, please PM me? Nothing is set in stone as yet so don't worry :greengrin. I would just appreciate getting a general idea of those who are still keen to donate and if possible, the amount you are able to pledge.

A full proposal will follow in due course if the fund is deemed feasible :agree:

Many thanks

GGTTH.

FranckSuzy
08-06-2013, 10:08 AM

Jack
08-06-2013, 12:55 PM

An excellent idea, no really it is, it would be as though we are all pulling together.

On a more frivolous but related note. We could ask LG to donate a couple of grand a week, maybe more, and he could pay it to himself :-D

Steve-O
08-06-2013, 01:01 PM
Have to say I'd have no interest in donating any cash towards footballers who are already massively overpaid :no way:

FranckSuzy
08-06-2013, 04:19 PM
Have to say I'd have no interest in donating any cash towards footballers who are already massively overpaid :no way:

:hmmm: not sure if this is a serious post or not, but if it is, then please read the first post on the thread and be re-assured that this is not the intention at all! :agree: :greengrin

hfc rd
08-06-2013, 05:14 PM

It's to try and help Paddy out in the transfer market by bringing the best talent we possibly can to this club.

lucky
08-06-2013, 05:30 PM
We already donate through tickets and merchandise. Really how much do people really think this will raise? For us to sign a player/ players that will make a difference it will take thousands every month so I can't see it working.

FranckSuzy
08-06-2013, 07:12 PM
We already donate through tickets and merchandise. Really how much do people really think this will raise? For us to sign a player/ players that will make a difference it will take thousands every month so I can't see it working.

Whilst you may be right, we won't know until we at least try :greengrin At this stage, LWT are just gauging support for such a scheme and then it will be crystal clear if it's a worthwhile exercise or not.

Jonnyboy
08-06-2013, 08:15 PM

Key word is donation. If you feel you already donate enough (although tickets and merchandise in return for your money isn't really a donation :wink:) then this is not for you :agree:

Steve-O
09-06-2013, 02:07 AM
:hmmm: not sure if this is a serious post or not, but if it is, then please read the first post on the thread and be re-assured that this is not the intention at all! :agree: :greengrin

Surely most of any 'managers fund' goes towards paying wages?

I know you're not suggesting anyone would be compelled to pay, just saying it wouldn't be for me.

ian cruise
09-06-2013, 03:06 AM
Though every year I consider it I just can't justify a season ticket I buy a top (two if I like home and away) and I go to ad many games as I can patg. If such a scheme comes to fruition I will contribute. If not I will look in yo the Hibernians scheme as I (somehow?!?!) am only becoming aware of this contributing directly to youth squads now.

FranckSuzy
09-06-2013, 11:28 AM
Surely most of any 'managers fund' goes towards paying wages?

I know you're not suggesting anyone would be compelled to pay, just saying it wouldn't be for me.

The idea of a manager's fund would be to secure extra funding for extra players and/or to top-up the amount Hbs can afford for one or more individuals wages. NOT to pay even more to players already on the books. Not sure where you got that idea TBH :greengrin

FranckSuzy
09-06-2013, 11:32 AM
Though every year I consider it I just can't justify a season ticket I buy a top (two if I like home and away) and I go to ad many games as I can patg. If such a scheme comes to fruition I will contribute. If not I will look in yo the Hibernians scheme as I (somehow?!?!) am only becoming aware of this contributing directly to youth squads now.

Thanks Ian. I will keep you in the loop if this does come off. Yes, The Hibernians scheme exists to support the youth teams. Find out more here (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/page/TheHiberniansMembers/0,,10290,00.html) :aok:

Steve-O
10-06-2013, 08:51 AM
The idea of a manager's fund would be to secure extra funding for extra players and/or to top-up the amount Hbs can afford for one or more individuals wages. NOT to pay even more to players already on the books. Not sure where you got that idea TBH :greengrin

Not sure where you got the idea that was what I was thinking? I said the money would go to players wages, I didn't say existing players. I did mean new players and my comment still stands.

It's a nice idea but for a club of our size, I very much doubt you'd get too many people signing up and contributing even more than they do now.

FranckSuzy
10-06-2013, 11:28 AM

Not sure where you got the idea that was what I was thinking? I said the money would go to players wages, I didn't say existing players. I did mean new players and my comment still stands.

It's a nice idea but for a club of our size, I very much doubt you'd get too many people signing up and contributing even more than they do now.

My apologies then :greengrin Your first post above reads to me that you thought the scheme was trying to pay existing players more......

If you have no interest in contributing to a proposed fund then that's fine. However, you may be surprised to find that quite a few folk would like to so this scheme is aimed at them :aok: There are smaller clubs than Hibs who currently run such funds and they either pay the wages of one player or 'top up' the budget available to the manager. The latter is the intention here.

Gerard
10-06-2013, 12:05 PM
My apologies then :greengrin You're first post above reads to me that you thought the scheme was trying to pay existing players more......

If you have no interest in contributing to a proposed fund then that's fine. However, you may be surprised to find that quite a few folk would like to so this scheme is aimed at them :aok: There are smaller clubs than Hibs who currently run such funds and they either pay the wages of one player or 'top up' the budget available to the manager. The latter is the intention here.

:wink::thumbsup:

Steve-O
11-06-2013, 05:51 AM
My apologies then :greengrin Your first post above reads to me that you thought the scheme was trying to pay existing players more......

I was talking footballers in general being overpaid, not just ours.

Fair do's and if it works out then good on everyone who shells out.

FranckSuzy
11-06-2013, 05:30 PM
Anymore for anymore? :wink: Still waiting on PMs from a few posters who said they'd contribute :aok: Maybe they're on holiday though :cool2: :greengrin

deeks01
11-06-2013, 05:52 PM
Having already bought a ST the amount I could currently contribute would be paltry at best. However it is a good idea although if I can make a suggestion - perhaps Hibs could have those who contribute in any calendar month in a draw for either a complimentary match day hospitality package for a lower key game or even a complimentary Hibs top or something like that? obviously the main thing will be to increase the managers budget hence the name 'managers fund' but that shows a bit of appreciation & keeps it interesting for fans whilst not costing Hibs at all really. I'd imagine it could be spun in a way as to generate some very good PR for the club as well which never hurts.

(This idea may already have been spun out on the thread as I didn't have the time to read any but the 1st post at the minute but just my thoughts on it. Feel this is a good idea on the whole!)

FranckSuzy
11-06-2013, 06:21 PM
Having already bought a ST the amount I could currently contribute would be paltry at best. However it is a good idea although if I can make a suggestion - perhaps Hibs could have those who contribute in any calendar month in a draw for either a complimentary match day hospitality package for a lower key game or even a complimentary Hibs top or something like that? obviously the main thing will be to increase the managers budget hence the name 'managers fund' but that shows a bit of appreciation & keeps it interesting for fans whilst not costing Hibs at all really. I'd imagine it could be spun in a way as to generate some very good PR for the club as well which never hurts.

(This idea may already have been spun out on the thread as I didn't have the time to read any but the 1st post at the minute but just my thoughts on it. Feel this is a good idea on the whole!)

Thanks for the suggestion. It is planned that the fund is going to be run completely separately from the club so I'm not sure how feasible this would be but it's certainly worth considering :aok:

RIP
11-06-2013, 10:22 PM
Thanks Suzy for picking this up

LWT is a partnership between supporter volunteers, board volunteers and paid management - all Hibbies and all part of the family that makes up the club

So there could be a number of different options for who runs what - maybe nothing should be ruled out at this stage

ian cruise
11-06-2013, 10:25 PM
Thanks Ian. I will keep you in the loop if this does come off. Yes, The Hibernians scheme exists to support the youth teams. Find out more here (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/page/TheHiberniansMembers/0,,10290,00.html) :aok:

Please do. And thank for the link to Hibernians scheme, I will give it a read.