PDA

View Full Version : Starting XI for next season?

BOB MARLEYS DUG
31-05-2013, 05:37 PM
4-2-3-1

Williams

Clancy/new.
Mcpake/forster or new.
Hanlon
Mcgivern

Taiwo
Jones

Harris
Robertson/new
Craig

Griffiths/new

Clancy - seems injury prone and hasnt been good enough lately, has to improve or he will loose his place, either from Donaldson or a new signing.

Mcpake - see clancy.

Robertson - think he will be really good this season if he can get a good pre season down his belt. Him, Craig and Harris in the same midfield excite me and will get goals.

Griffiths - really hope we can sign this lad, hes top class and is 25+ goal a season striker. Probably better with support up front (442 maybe). With the three lads behind him sure he'll get the right service and will link up well with them.

If we can keep griffiths and maybe sign 3-4 others im sure we'll have a strong season.

GGTTH.

HibeeLR
31-05-2013, 05:42 PM
Defo need a new RB. Clancy to injury prone

BOB MARLEYS DUG
31-05-2013, 05:45 PM
Defo need a new RB. Clancy to injury prone

Yep, either sign a new RB or give Donaldson his chance.

pontius pilate
31-05-2013, 05:47 PM
we need at least 2 new strikers as I'm resigned to the fact we are loosing sparky.

Williams
Clancy
Forster
Hanlon
Mcgivern
Taiwo
Jones
Harris
Craig
Cairney/new wylde???
Caldwell/handling/new
New

HibeeLR
31-05-2013, 06:27 PM
Yep, either sign a new RB or give Donaldson his chance.

Thought Donaldson is a CH?

BOB MARLEYS DUG
31-05-2013, 06:31 PM
Thought Donaldson is a CH?

His preffered position in RB but can play CB

Billychaotic182
31-05-2013, 06:34 PM
Williams

Clancy
Hanlon
Forster
McGivern

Taiwo
OTJ

Craig
Stanton
Harris

Caldwell

think that team would work well only using the player we actually have fit and under contract

neil7908
01-06-2013, 06:00 PM
Williams

Clancy/New RB
Hanlon
McPake/Forster
McGivern

Craig
Taiwo
Robertson/OTJ
Harris

Griffiths/New Forward
Handling/Caldwell/New Forward

Having signed OTJ I just cant see us retaining Claros or Thomson, would leave us with far too many similar players competing for 2 positions. I'm gutted as I think Claros is a great player and Thomson has done well when fit but I think Taiwo has looked the part and we need to add a more attacking element to our midfield.

I've tried to make a line up based on players currently contracted at Hibs (ok Griffiths may be an exception) but I would still like to see us bring in another 2-3 players and thats on top of keeping Leigh. A striker that can hold the ball up, a winger or creative midfielder (preferably someone with a bit of skill and pace) and another RB to cover for Clancy would be be my priorities.

Potentially if Caldwell and Handling keep improving and the likes of Stanton, Horribine and Donaldson can break into the team we may need to bring in less.

Stringer
01-06-2013, 07:03 PM
Williams

Clancy. Forster Hanlon. Stevenson

OTJ. McGivern

Craig Robertson Harris

New Striker

NAE NOOKIE
02-06-2013, 09:18 AM
It certainly looks like Claros, Griffiths and probably KT will be gone.

Williams

New R/B. Forster Hanlon McGivern ( needs some defending lessons )

Harris Taiwo Tudor-Jones Robertson / Craig

New Striker Caldwell / Handling

I am not sure what the midfield will be, but one thing I do know. The main thing that Hibs need to get a grip of for next season is our pathetic goals return from midfield. I doubt if there is a team in the whole of Scottish football with worse stats than us in that department.

It has driven me mental over the last number of seasons that nobody seems willing to run past the ball carrier in midfield in order to take a pass. Not to mention the fact that when they do get within shooting range, not one of our current midfield players seems willing to take a shot. The Dundee game a few weeks ago was a case in point, where time after time the shot was on but nobody had a go.

PeterboroHibee
02-06-2013, 10:26 AM
Williams
Clancy Forster Hanlon McGivern
Taiwo OTJ Craig
Harris New Striker New Winger

Billy Whizz
02-06-2013, 10:29 AM
Forster is suspended for the opening game of the new SPL season