PDA

View Full Version : Greggs David Goodwillie

AngusHibby
31-05-2013, 07:04 AM
Three spl clubs in for him according to the sun. We've got to be one of them if this is true, no?

SouthMoroccoStu
31-05-2013, 07:07 AM
Three spl clubs in for him according to the sun. We've got to be one of them if this is true, no?

And Hearts

So it's a 2 horse race really :cb

pontius pilate
31-05-2013, 07:09 AM
Dundee Utd Aberdeen and the Tams again are the 3 clubs I've heard in for him. Apparently he wants to be close to Stirling so that could poss rule out the dons.

NorthNorfolkHFC
31-05-2013, 07:14 AM
How many games has he played? He'll be in some shape the now!! Wonder why he'snot made the break through at Blackburn.

Pretty similar situation to Griffiths i suppose.

pontius pilate
31-05-2013, 07:18 AM
I reckon he will be in v bad shape I don't think he even made the bench in most games towards the end of the season. He is still a good finisher. Maybe a good pre season I'd prob take a chance and have him with us.

The Leith Dutch
31-05-2013, 07:23 AM
Would imagine he'd be a top player at SPL level.

That said, my recollections are he likes a spot of clubbing and a few sherbets and brings a fair bit of trouble along.
Isn't this the kind of player - and rightly so for me - that Pat Fenlon has spent 18 months clearing out of the dressing room?

Don't get me wrong I know they're not all saints we have just now but there does seem to be a marked reduction in the bam
element.

Also - can anyone out there explain to me how a club about to go into administration and with a documented history of late
payment of wages can continue to be in the market for and attract "big name" players?

jdships
31-05-2013, 07:49 AM

NO !! :rolleyes::greengrin

pontius pilate
31-05-2013, 07:55 AM
Would imagine he'd be a top player at SPL level.

That said, my recollections are he likes a spot of clubbing and a few sherbets and brings a fair bit of trouble along.
Isn't this the kind of player - and rightly so for me - that Pat Fenlon has spent 18 months clearing out of the dressing room?

Don't get me wrong I know they're not all saints we have just now but there does seem to be a marked reduction in the bam
element.

Also - can anyone out there explain to me how a club about to go into administration and with a documented history of late
payment of wages can continue to be in the market for and attract "big name" players?
Completely agree with everything said. In the yams I have no idea how they continue to be linked with so called "big players" as I said on another thread some reckon 2 weeks before they go into admin so they ate trying to get players in before the inevitable happens

NOLA
31-05-2013, 07:58 AM

Hope so, quality goalscorer on + off the pitch

greenlex
31-05-2013, 08:03 AM
Hope so, quality goalscorer on + off the pitch
How can you score goals off the pitch? :confused:

JDHibs
31-05-2013, 08:05 AM
Why do people always want people who go down south, do pish for 2 seasons, sit on a bench, get out of shape, lose there touch?! doesnt make sense to me, would rather pick up a youngster with potential, whos hungry for it, not someone whos failed down south and earnt a pretty packet for doing so!

AngusHibby
31-05-2013, 08:07 AM
Dundee Utd Aberdeen and the Tams again are the 3 clubs I've heard in for him. Apparently he wants to be close to Stirling so that could poss rule out the dons.

His ex is going out with Niall mcginn as well I think, so I'd definitely rule out the dons haha

SMAXXA
31-05-2013, 08:08 AM
Why do people always want people who go down south, do pish for 2 seasons, sit on a bench, get out of shape, lose there touch?! doesnt make sense to me, would rather pick up a youngster with potential, whos hungry for it, not someone whos failed down south and earnt a pretty packet for doing so!

Don't recall Griffiths being out of shape? Why do you assume he will be out of shape? Or is this yet another .net myth / exclusive :confused:

MSK
31-05-2013, 08:14 AM
Don't recall Griffiths being out of shape? Why do you assume he will be out of shape? Or is this yet another .net myth / exclusive :confused:Maybe because he has only played a handful of games in 2 years ..even accounting for training or reserve games his fitness would still be questionable ..oh & thats not a.net myth / exclusive, its my opinion ..

SMAXXA
31-05-2013, 08:19 AM
Maybe because he has only played a handful of games in 2 years ..even accounting for training or reserve games his fitness would still be questionable ..oh & thats not a.net myth / exclusive, its my opinion ..

Was Leigh unfit when he came like? Do you honestly think that Championship clubs would allow a player to get so unfit he couldn't come into the SPL and hit the ground running? If anything he will have a lot better base fitness down there than he would have had up here IMO.

blackpoolhibs
31-05-2013, 08:21 AM
I thought Goodwillie had been out on loan to a couple of clubs? :confused:

SMAXXA
31-05-2013, 08:23 AM
I thought Goodwillie had been out on loan to a couple of clubs? :confused:

He went on loan to palace but didn't play much maybe even once

JDHibs
31-05-2013, 08:26 AM
Don't recall Griffiths being out of shape? Why do you assume he will be out of shape? Or is this yet another .net myth / exclusive :confused:

Moral would be down, wouldnt be training as hard as he could, not as fit as he could be, not playing games playing on his mind, match fitness out the window. down ward spiral to being out of shape. Google Micheal Johnson and you will see what i mean and thats a English Premiership team, not a championship team.

MSK
31-05-2013, 08:26 AM
Was Leigh unfit when he came like? Do you honestly think that Championship clubs would allow a player to get so unfit he couldn't come into the SPL and hit the ground running? If anything he will have a lot better base fitness down there than he would have had up here IMO.Im not talking about Leigh, Im talking about Goodwillie ..Ive said he would be training as he would be expected to & I would expect him to be playing reserve football ..however you would have to question why a player who moved for such a large transfer fee & potential to go with it has struggled to either hold down a regular place or moved on to another club on loan for at least a season ..

Heisenberg
31-05-2013, 08:28 AM
United could be a possibility. Old club and they'l need a replacement for Russell when he's sold.

Winston Ingram
31-05-2013, 08:31 AM

I'd imagine our whole squad will be out of shape by the time they return for pre-season

SMAXXA
31-05-2013, 08:32 AM
Im not talking about Leigh, Im talking about Goodwillie ..Ive said he would be training as he would be expected to & I would expect him to be playing reserve football ..however you would have to question why a player who moved for such a large transfer fee & potential to go with it has struggled to either hold down a regular place or moved on to another club on loan for at least a season ..

I don't think there is much difference to be fair, both in similar situations prior to Leigh coming here. I agree you can question that but I would imagine that's maybe more down to his ability being unable to break into the team more. Lets face it if a manager came to you and said you need to improve your fitness to get into the team, im very sure that would happen with all the fitness coaches at clubs etc. With you questioning him not playing you imply this is due to his fitness which all I am saying is how do we know that's the case?

Thecat23
31-05-2013, 08:37 AM
Goodwillie would rip up the SPL. So who ever he does go to I'd be putting a few bob on him finishing top scorer. He's a strong lad and he's very pacey. Don't get the folk who think he may struggle. Hearts by the way have asked about him and Locke is doing his best to get him there. I'd love to have Goodwille at Hibs.

MSK
31-05-2013, 08:40 AM
I don't think there is much difference to be fair, both in similar situations prior to Leigh coming here. I agree you can question that but I would imagine that's maybe more down to his ability being unable to break into the team more. Lets face it if a manager came to you and said you need to improve your fitness to get into the team, im very sure that would happen with all the fitness coaches at clubs etc. With you questioning him not playing you imply this is due to his fitness which all I am saying is how do we know that's the case?Leigh played 42 times or so for Dundee before going to Wolves in 2011, he only spent a short time down there before moving to hibs, there is no comparison there imo. I agree though that yes, the standard of football between both leagues is night & day & prob a half fit Goodwillie would do a job in the spl, however my personal opinion would be that fitness/moral & excess baggage may be playing a part in him not kicking a ball the past few months ...anyway ..I think he will go to sevco to team up wi his auld muckers ..:agree:

SMAXXA
31-05-2013, 08:49 AM
Leigh played 42 times or so for Dundee before going to Wolves in 2011, he only spent a short time down there before moving to hibs, there is no comparison there imo. I agree though that yes, the standard of football between both leagues is night & day & prob a half fit Goodwillie would do a job in the spl, however my personal opinion would be that fitness/moral & excess baggage may be playing a part in him not kicking a ball the past few months ...anyway ..I think he will go to sevco to team up wi his auld muckers ..:agree:

FWIW I don't think he will end up at ER either :wink:

Blackburn Hibee
31-05-2013, 09:04 AM
It's a shame for Goodwillie that he has not been given more of a chance down here at Blackburn. Very rare to see him on the bench but now maybe under a new manager he may be given more of a chance down here, like he was towards the end of the season. When he came on against Arsenal he did more than Jordan Rhodes did in 80 minutes, but with Jordan Rhodes scoring goals there was no chance of him getting in the team.

GlenrothesHibee
31-05-2013, 11:10 AM
Would't want that character anywhere near our club. That is all.

LeighLoyal
31-05-2013, 11:13 AM
Kickback 'reporting' the Yam deal for him is 90%. Would have been a strong option if Leigh is not going to be back.

RoxburghHibs
31-05-2013, 11:17 AM
He'll be in some shape the now!!

No chance of that! He will have been keeping himself fit as it's his livelihood. If you mean he won't be "match fit" - then yeah agreed.

essexhibee
31-05-2013, 11:28 AM
Why aren't we looking at him? Strange. Proven spl goalscorer. How they are to pay him ill never know but that would be a great singing for Hearts.

Treadstone
31-05-2013, 11:35 AM
Why aren't we looking at him? Strange. Proven spl goalscorer. How they are to pay him ill never know but that would be a great singing for Hearts.

No bad for a team that will have a £2.5m shortfall next season. Ridiculous.

AngusHibby
31-05-2013, 11:35 AM
Would love it if for once, we were the ones who gazumped hearts. This would be devastating for them

hibees 7062
31-05-2013, 11:41 AM
Would't want that character anywhere near our club. That is all.

:top marks40 Goals in 7 seasons in the spl . 54 goals in 200 games total , sounds like a yam striker

Winston Ingram
31-05-2013, 11:42 AM
Would love it if for once, we were the ones who gazumped hearts. This would be devastating for them

We won't gazump them & quite right too. They'd probably give him around £7k a week. They may have miles less cash than us but when as that ever stopped them?

Mikey
31-05-2013, 11:42 AM

How do you know the club isn't?

essexhibee
31-05-2013, 01:00 PM
How do you know the club isn't?

We don't I agree. Though judging by the article it's suggested we aren't. Could be load of tosh though, if we are though be a great signing that. Think it would be criminal not to make an enquiry.

MB62
31-05-2013, 01:10 PM
I would rather see us go after Higdon as his Motherwell contract is up. A proven SPL goalscorer so shouldn't take long to settle right in.

Baader
31-05-2013, 01:21 PM
How the hell are the georgie mob able to sign players? Just dont get this...

Treadstone
31-05-2013, 01:24 PM
How the hell are the georgie mob able to sign players? Just dont get this...

Its called a 'slate' or a 'tab' paid on the 'never never'. :aok:

jgl07
31-05-2013, 01:29 PM

Does he do Karaoke?

Steven_Hibs
05-06-2013, 05:41 PM
I work at the airport and I noticed that Goodwillie was checking in for an Ibiza flight :greengrin So I asked him about where he is going to be playing next season. He didn't give me a straightforward answer but he did say "i've bought a house in edinburgh" and one of his mates said "signing for the cabbage" And he simply nodded in agreement. Time will tell likes, most likely a season long loan!

AugustaHibs
05-06-2013, 05:43 PM
I work at the airport and I noticed that Goodwillie was checking in for an Ibiza flight :greengrin So I asked him about where he is going to be playing next season. He didn't give me a straightforward answer but he did say "i've bought a house in edinburgh" and one of his mates said "signing for the cabbage" And he simply nodded in agreement. Time will tell likes, most likely a season long loan!

Did you tell him you were a hibee? if so, his mate might have thought to tell a joke.

If not, we can pray. I'd be frickin delighted!

YehButNoBut
05-06-2013, 05:47 PM
I somehow doubt it but would be a great signing.

Would also seriously p*ss off our Yam friends. :thumbsup:

allezsauzee
05-06-2013, 05:54 PM
Not a chance and if we are pushing the boat out to this extent I'd much rather we signed Leigh

Steven_Hibs
05-06-2013, 05:54 PM
Did you tell him you were a hibee? if so, his mate might have thought to tell a joke.

If not, we can pray. I'd be frickin delighted!

Nah I never mentioned who I supported and they never asked either. The more I think about it, the more I'm thinking his mate was a hibs fan and was maybe having a laugh? But Goodwillie never laughed, he nodded like he was being serious

EdinMike
05-06-2013, 05:57 PM
I don't want an (alleged) rapist on the books, and I doubt his off the field antics will suit Paddy.

Let Hearts have um'

SaulGoodman
05-06-2013, 05:57 PM
Won't happen, not too bothered either way..

But it would be so funny after what's happening with hearts :faf:

nribs
05-06-2013, 06:00 PM
Where does the notion that Goodwillie is a goalscorer come from? Has anyone seen his stats?

hugo boss
05-06-2013, 06:03 PM
I work at the airport and I noticed that Goodwillie was checking in for an Ibiza flight :greengrin So I asked him about where he is going to be playing next season. He didn't give me a straightforward answer but he did say "i've bought a house in edinburgh" and one of his mates said "signing for the cabbage" And he simply nodded in agreement. Time will tell likes, most likely a season long loan! I smell a YAM

Allant1981
05-06-2013, 06:05 PM
I don't want an (alleged) rapist on the books, and I doubt his off the field antics will suit Paddy.

Let Hearts have um'

Did that not turn out to be a load of rubbish?

NAE NOOKIE
05-06-2013, 06:05 PM

Let Hearts have um'

Innocent until proven guilty EdinMike.

Anyway IMO he would be a great signing for us and if it was a season long loan I am willing to bet it would cost a lot less than signing LG on a 2 year contract or whatever ... much as I would love to see that happen.

As for off field antics. Bet ya the guy who smacked Deegan in George Street wouldnt have got away without a dooing if DG had been around :greengrin

Frazerbob
05-06-2013, 06:06 PM

Let Hearts have um'

:agree:

This....Hearts class!

Hermit Crab
05-06-2013, 06:07 PM
Wind up. NAP.

allezsauzee
05-06-2013, 06:11 PM
Innocent until proven guilty EdinMike.

Anyway IMO he would be a great signing for us and if it was a season long loan I am willing to bet it would cost a lot less than signing LG on a 2 year contract or whatever ... much as I would love to see that happen.

As for off field antics. Bet ya the guy who smacked Deegan in George Street wouldnt have got away without a dooing if DG had been around :greengrin

Goodwillie signed for Blackburn when they were in the premiership, he'll be on a pretty big wedge so unless Rovers are willing to pay just about all his wages, we'll have no chance of signing him. I do think he is a pretty good player but i don't think he would have banged in 28 goals for us last season. LG would be better value for money and have a resale value to us.

YehButNoBut
05-06-2013, 06:15 PM
Not a chance and if we are pushing the boat out to this extent I'd much rather we signed Leigh

We might have to wait a year to get Leigh back so could fill his boots for a year.

Steven_Hibs
05-06-2013, 06:19 PM
I smell a YAM

Aye very good. If you are thinking things like that, I'd prefer you to keep it to yourself thanks. All am doing is letting hibs fans know what I was told

EdinMike
05-06-2013, 06:19 PM
Did that not turn out to be a load of rubbish?

As far as I'm aware it's still ongoing, hense the 'Alleged'.

Steven_Hibs
05-06-2013, 06:20 PM
Wind up. NAP.

God, some people are so miserable

Teapot
05-06-2013, 06:21 PM
Can't see it. Fenlons tried hard to get rid of the george street culture. Badwillies has a track record for being a bam.

Good player though.....

pontius pilate
05-06-2013, 06:30 PM
Maybe pat is thinking get him in as cover incase we can't get sparky until next year. Use kuqi's experience in a coaches role for badcock handling and Caldwell. And look to make a permanent signing.
I can't see it personally if he was to come back up the road it would be to Utd

hibeemikey21
05-06-2013, 06:31 PM
Can't see it. Fenlons tried hard to get rid of the george street culture. Badwillies has a track record for being a bam.

Good player though.....

The problem is, getting players of goodwillie and Leigh's talent is only made possible by virtue of their bam-ness. (Add riordan and O'Connor to that list)

Leigh has finally screwed the nut and, as a result, it's unlikely we will see him back as he'll go on to bigger and better things.

If either of them were exemplary pros, they wouldn't be in the position they find themselves in.

Goodwillie apparently blew his chance at crystal palace by enjoying London life too much, for example.

If he had got his head down and impressed, he could have won himself a permanent move and been back in the prem. as it happens, it looks like he is having to head back up here for first team Footie.

It's a trade off, but I'd rather have one of these talented-but-foolish players than a limited, model pro

Edit: Stokes too

ScottB
05-06-2013, 06:37 PM
Him Spence tweeting he's off to Dundee United...

Heisenberg
05-06-2013, 06:40 PM
Dundee Utd would be the most obvious destination I'd say. Played there before and they've just sold their main striker for 700k.

ScottB
05-06-2013, 06:41 PM
The problem is, getting players of goodwillie and Leigh's talent is only made possible by virtue of their bam-ness. (Add riordan and O'Connor to that list)

Leigh has finally screwed the nut and, as a result, it's unlikely we will see him back as he'll go on to bigger and better things.

If either of them were exemplary pros, they wouldn't be in the position they find themselves in.

Goodwillie apparently blew his chance at crystal palace by enjoying London life too much, for example.

If he had got his head down and impressed, he could have won himself a permanent move and been back in the prem. as it happens, it looks like he is having to head back up here for first team Footie.

It's a trade off, but I'd rather have one of these talented-but-foolish players than a limited, model pro

It depends, someone who has made mistakes, but is trying to buckle down and screw the nut, as Leigh did last season, is fine with me. What we don't need is anymore O'Connor types, who will come and booze or worse their way through the season and act as a disruptive influence in the squad is not something we need, especially with so many young players breaking through.

From the sounds of it Goodwillie sounds more like an O'Connor than a Griffiths, but I guess it depends on whether having to return to Scotland shocks him into making changes or not.

silverhibee
05-06-2013, 06:42 PM

Good player though.....

How is he doing with that.

Pedantic_Hibee
05-06-2013, 06:43 PM
This is a wind-up, akin to the one Sergey played on JKB when we signed the much heralded Allan Gow.

Nae chance will we be seeing David Splendidtodger playing for us next season.

Pedantic_Hibee
05-06-2013, 06:43 PM
How is he doing with that.

Very well it would seem.

Teapot
05-06-2013, 06:49 PM

Good point. Leighs a bit different though because his indiscretions don't involve booze and drugs.

Goodwillies known for being a party boy and a tube at that. He could have a negative impact on the youngsters in the squad such as Handling, Caldwell etc.

Tough trade off though I agree. I don't see Pat going for him though.

The_Exile
05-06-2013, 06:53 PM
No danger could we offer wages that Teckledong would agree to, would be happy for him to become a further nail in that mobs coffin though.

carnoustiehibee
05-06-2013, 06:56 PM
Tyrone Smith ‏@TyroneSTV

It would also appear that as things stand #dundeeutd are the only scottish club seriously in the running to sign david goodwillie

.Sean.
05-06-2013, 07:00 PM

Let Hearts have um'
:aok::agree:

Let's fill the side with nice boys that are ***** at football instead.

I couldn't care less what someone gets up to off the park if he does the business on it, which Goodwillie certainly would.

Stringer
05-06-2013, 07:04 PM
As I have said before, when your house is on fire, you don't get the best fireman you just get a fireman.

We don't need Goodwillie or Boyd; we will get a decent striker but should really be starting Handling or Caldwell.

Handling will score less goals but he is a better link player than Griffiths.

Scouse Hibee
05-06-2013, 07:08 PM
As I have said before, when your house is on fire, you don't get the best fireman you just get a fireman.

We don't need Goodwillie or Boyd; we will get a decent striker but should really be starting Handling or Caldwell.

Handling will score less goals but he is a better link player than Griffiths.

WTF! I don't know were you heard that or whether you just made it up but think of a better one mate as that is **** :greengrin

Hank Schrader
:aok::agree:

I couldn't care less what someone gets up to off the park if he does the business on it.

So you'd be happy with a team full of serial killers, sex offenders, tax dodgers and cat rapists? :aok:

truehibernian

Absolutely not true - DG very quickly failed to settle in London and himself expressed his desire to cancel the deal - he hated London. I know a coach who knows him quite well and it's simply making up stories saying he 'enjoyed the London nightlife'. He was back up the road before he could even sample the nightlife London had to offer.

.Sean.
05-06-2013, 07:12 PM
So you'd be happy with a team full of serial killers, sex offenders, tax dodgers and cat rapists? :aok:
If they could beat Hearts on a regular basis and finish in the top 4 more that once every 5 years, aye :greengrin

Speedway
05-06-2013, 07:16 PM
Aceshlong will not be at Hibs in the forthcoming fixture programme.

essexhibee
05-06-2013, 07:26 PM
Not really fair for posters on here to label him a sex offender when he was found not guilty.

Paisley Hibby
05-06-2013, 07:33 PM

Like James McFadden? :cb

Gus Fring
05-06-2013, 07:34 PM
Not really fair for posters on here to label him a sex offender when he was found not guilty.

He wasn't found not guilty, the case was dropped due to lack of evidence available at the time. The girl has since been awarded £11,000 by the Criminal Injuries Compensation Authority after they ruled she was raped.

Prof. Shaggy
05-06-2013, 07:34 PM

He wasn't found not guilty.

Prof. Shaggy
05-06-2013, 07:35 PM
He wasn't found not guilty, the case was dropped due to lack of evidence

Too slow. Age

sambajustice
05-06-2013, 07:38 PM
He wasn't found not guilty, the case was dropped due to lack of evidence available at the time. The girl has since been awarded £11,000 by the Criminal Injuries Compensation Authority after they ruled she was raped.

Maybe because there was NO evidence...!!!

Scouse Hibee
05-06-2013, 07:38 PM
He wasn't found not guilty, the case was dropped due to lack of evidence

He wasn't found guilty either so he has a point.

Beefster
05-06-2013, 07:41 PM

Did the CICA rule who raped her?

Gus Fring
05-06-2013, 07:47 PM
Did the CICA rule who raped her?

No, they said they had enough evidence to conclude that a crime had been committed, but not enough to say who was guilty of said crime. The girl in question is attempting to get the case re-opened.

hibs4thecup1988
05-06-2013, 08:24 PM
He has his off the field problems. Big wows. We have had ,any players with off the field problems. We signed a drug addict for god sake!!!

The assault on the guy in Glasgow was justified, I don't care how many people say they wouldn't, but I tell you now if someone had just knocked my mate clean out from behind I'd have gave the guy a kicking too.

If he can do the job on the park that is good enough for me. And yes, I would sign 11 players that are criminals if they won the league for us. Too right I would.

NOLA
05-06-2013, 08:28 PM
you can take the boy oot the raploch but ye cannae take raploch oot the boy :wink:

Gus Fring
05-06-2013, 08:28 PM
He has his off the field problems. Big wows. We have had ,any players with off the field problems. We signed a drug addict for god sake!!!

The assault on the guy in Glasgow was justified, I don't care how many people say they wouldn't, but I tell you now if someone had just knocked my mate clean out from behind I'd have gave the guy a kicking too.

If he can do the job on the park that is good enough for me. And yes, I would sign 11 players that are criminals if they won the league for us. Too right I would.

Not something I would be in support of and if that happened my son wouldn't be attending any matches or activities with the club. I have already stopped him having any association with Hearts through school for precisely this reason

hibs4thecup1988
05-06-2013, 08:31 PM
Not something I would be in support of and if that happened my son wouldn't be attending any matches or activities with the club. I have already stopped him having any association with Hearts through school for precisely this reason

So did he not have any association with Hibs when Oconnor was here or Riordan? Its a fact of life that people have a past. Second chance and all that.

hibs4thecup1988
05-06-2013, 08:33 PM
Can I just point out. I am NOT condoning violence. I detest it in all honesty.

leithsansiro
05-06-2013, 08:35 PM
Where does the notion that Goodwillie is a goalscorer come from? Has anyone seen his stats?

Scored 29 goals in 117 appearances for Dundee Utd, which is roughly 1in 4. Not a great return admittedly, only marginally better than Eoin Doyle...

Gus Fring
05-06-2013, 08:35 PM
So did he not have any association with Hibs when Oconnor was here or Riordan? Its a fact of life that people have a past. Second chance and all that.

Neither of them were convicted criminals during the time they played for Hibs IIRC. It's also not quite a team of 11 either, which is what I was replying to.

Hermit Crab
05-06-2013, 08:40 PM
God, some people are so miserable

I don't believe in god.

Sprouleflyer
05-06-2013, 08:44 PM
Scored 29 goals in 117 appearances for Dundee Utd, which is roughly 1in 4. Not a great return admittedly, only marginally better than Eoin Doyle...

How many were against Hibs?

nonshinyfinish
05-06-2013, 08:48 PM
How many were against Hibs?

All of them! :panic:

hibs4thecup1988
05-06-2013, 09:29 PM
Neither of them were convicted criminals during the time they played for Hibs IIRC. It's also not quite a team of 11 either, which is what I was replying to.

Did Riordan not go to court regards his nightclub ban? And what would you call being caught with drugs at birmingham for oconnor?

I agree not a team of 11. But then hearts don't have a team of 11 either? Pretty petty in my view

Scouse Hibee
05-06-2013, 09:34 PM

Good on you mate, it's one thing to moan about it but sticking to your principals and taking positive action is commendable.

resident_Arab
05-06-2013, 09:42 PM

Scored 40 in 136 apps for United, 84 starts and 52 sub, most of the 40 against Hibs (7) :greengrin

http://arabarchive.co.uk/player.php?id=69

Gus Fring
05-06-2013, 09:43 PM
Did Riordan not go to court regards his nightclub ban? And what would you call being caught with drugs at birmingham for oconnor?

I agree not a team of 11. But then hearts don't have a team of 11 either? Pretty petty in my view

Riordans ban is a civil matter, it's a voluntary scheme by the pub's and clubs in Edinburgh. He was fined for breach of the peace, however.

O'connor allegedly failed a drugs test at birmingham, that doesn't immediately mean it was illegal drugs. Also, O'Connor had ceased being a Hibs player when he was eventually found guilty of drug related offences.

My decision RE: Hearts was not based on 11 players, it was based on 1, a convicted child sex offender.

R'Albin
05-06-2013, 09:49 PM
Never really understood the fuss for Marvellousmanmeat tbh, there will be better strikers out there on our budget without the baggage.

Corstorphine Hibby
05-06-2013, 09:49 PM
No, they said they had enough evidence to conclude that a crime had been committed, but not enough to say who was guilty of said crime.

The girl in question is attempting to get the case re-opened.

Maybe 'begun again' would have been a better choice of phrase ?

Pedantic_Hibee
05-06-2013, 09:54 PM
Maybe 'begun again' would have been a better choice of phrase ?

Thank **** it wasn't just me who was thinking that. You're a sick man, CH. A sick man.

silverhibee
05-06-2013, 10:32 PM
Riordans ban is a civil matter, it's a voluntary scheme by the pub's and clubs in Edinburgh. He was fined for breach of the peace, however.

O'connor allegedly failed a drugs test at birmingham, that doesn't immediately mean it was illegal drugs. Also, O'Connor had ceased being a Hibs player when he was eventually found guilty of drug related offences.

My decision RE: Hearts was not based on 11 players, it was based on 1, a convicted child sex offender.

Not while he was at Hibs though.

ColintonHibs
06-06-2013, 04:16 AM

It was cocaine he was at court about it yesterday

(different incident but i'm sure there was a dispatches about it showing up as cocaine when he was at birmingham)

.Sean.
06-06-2013, 06:56 AM
It was cocaine he was at court about it yesterday

(different incident but i'm sure there was a dispatches about it showing up as cocaine when he was at birmingham)

That's 3 times we know of he's been caught out with the ching, he's either very, very stupid to get caught every time he's out with it or he's got a problem.

NorthNorfolkHFC
06-06-2013, 07:45 AM
Reports this morning suggest Celtic put in a late night bid for him.

Think United were looking like they were going to get him. Never knew McManus was heading there as well, must be pals with Jackie Mac.

NOLA
06-06-2013, 08:07 AM
Reports this morning suggest Celtic put in a late night bid for him.

Think United were looking like they were going to get him. Never knew McManus was heading there as well, must be pals with Jackie Mac.

Mcmanus is a huddy, will still do well at utd though.

NorthNorfolkHFC
06-06-2013, 09:34 AM
Mcmanus is a huddy, will still do well at utd though.

Will most likely look class up here. Agreed. Huddy.

Lets not forget how good Darren Dods looked in the 1st half of the semi!:cb

Beefster
06-06-2013, 09:41 AM

I think you're clutching at straws to be honest. IIRC O'Connor had been busted on Dispatches about failing a coke test and had been lifted by police for coke possession just before he signed for us second time around. Petrie even spoke about getting him back on the straight and narrow or something similar.

Gus Fring
06-06-2013, 10:26 AM
I think you're clutching at straws to be honest. IIRC O'Connor had been busted on Dispatches about failing a coke test and had been lifted by police for coke possession just before he signed for us second time around. Petrie even spoke about getting him back on the straight and narrow or something similar.

There's no straw clutching. My original response was about the possibility of Hibs fielding a team of 11 criminals if it meant winning the league. Ceasing association with Hearts for my son was because of them having a convicted child sex offender on their books, a decision which was proved correct just last week.

blackpoolhibs
06-06-2013, 11:38 AM
There's no straw clutching. My original response was about the possibility of Hibs fielding a team of 11 criminals if it meant winning the league. Ceasing association with Hearts for my son was because of them having a convicted child sex offender on their books, a decision which was proved correct just last week.

Can you give us a list of crimes our players or future players could have committed, that would see us have your continued support? :confused:

Gus Fring
06-06-2013, 11:56 AM
Oh for goodness sake, here's my process.

If Hibs employ a team of 11 criminals, I'll stop attending games/activities as will my son.

If Hibs employ even 1 convicted child sex offender, I'll stop attending games/activities as will my son.

I don't care if any of these results in us winning the league or the Scottish Cup, it's not worth trading my morals in for. If criminal activity is committed by players who are employed at Hibs at the time then I will make a judgement based on the seriousness of their crime.

I'm not a yam, I don't want my club becoming the type of place where that sort of behaviour is encouraged and allowed to thrive to the point the club becomes a breeding ground for illegal activity, all for the sake of a couple of trophies. If people do want to support a club of that nature, there's one a few miles along the road I can recommend you look into, best get in quick though!

stoneyburn hibs
06-06-2013, 12:16 PM
Don't think you would be in the minority mate, nor should you have to explain it.

cam75
06-06-2013, 12:33 PM

If Hibs employ a team of 11 criminals, I'll stop attending games/activities as will my son.

If Hibs employ even 1 convicted child sex offender, I'll stop attending games/activities as will my son.

I don't care if any of these results in us winning the league or the Scottish Cup, it's not worth trading my morals in for. If criminal activity is committed by players who are employed at Hibs at the time then I will make a judgement based on the seriousness of their crime.

I'm not a yam, I don't want my club becoming the type of place where that sort of behaviour is encouraged and allowed to thrive to the point the club becomes a breeding ground for illegal activity, all for the sake of a couple of trophies. If people do want to support a club of that nature, there's one a few miles along the road I can recommend you look into, best get in quick though!
All of the above

Andy74
06-06-2013, 12:47 PM

I watch football to both enjoy it and hopefully win stuff now and again. I am not too bothered about the backgrounds of the players. If they do their job the other stuff is for the law, not me. I take the same view with all the other stuff I watch or the services I pay for.

Do you extend this to not accepting mail from your postie if he has previous or your waiter at a restaurant. Do you not watch films with any actors that have convictions?

Beefster
06-06-2013, 12:51 PM

What about 10 criminals and a Good Samaritan?

You've opened a can of worms.

Hibby70
06-06-2013, 12:57 PM
I stole a packet of hubba bubba once. I have a season ticket in West Lower. I won't be offended if you decide to move seats.

Gus Fring
06-06-2013, 01:56 PM
I stole a packet of hubba bubba once. I have a season ticket in West Lower. I won't be offended if you decide to move seats.

I don't sit in the west, canny stand the smell of prawn :na na:

hibs4thecup1988
06-06-2013, 02:46 PM
What about 10 criminals and a Good Samaritan?

You've opened a can of worms.

Maybe me that opened the ccan of worms. But I stand by what I said. Its not as if he killed anyone. And if people were found guilty of high end crimes then they would be in jail until long after their career life.

It doesn't matter anyways. We were never in for him so I've been told

basehibby
06-06-2013, 03:16 PM
Can you give us a list of crimes our players or future players could have committed, that would see us have your continued support? :confused:

Pishing in the Tynie Letter Box
Setting fire to (a particular) bus shelter
Cruelty to root vegetables

....to name but a few :greengrin

Unseen work
06-06-2013, 10:52 PM
first post... Hopefully not called a yam to quick :greengrinhaha

I know some people that are good friends with goodwillie and like someone said he's away on holiday for a week so I wouldn't expect a announcement soon from any club. Also his fitness isn't a problem, he's really knuckled down hard last 3 months or so to get back to his best, getting a personal trainer in to help him and is probably best shape of his life.

Would welcome him with open arms think he would b a great signing! Total different player to griffiths tho as he's a big strong laddie capable of holding off defenders, although he wouldn't score as much as griffiths (probs more assists from headers/hold up play)I think he would add that different dimension to the team that we've been lacking in recent years!

Cocaine&Caviar
06-06-2013, 10:58 PM
first post...

Total different player to griffiths tho as he's a big strong laddie capable of holding off defenders, although he wouldn't score as much as griffiths (probs more assists from headers/hold up play)I think he would add that different dimension to the team that we've been lacking in recent years!

That's not DW's game at all. He's 5'9, and although not the quickest in terms of acceleration, makes clever runs in behind and finds himself in decent positions. Always had Daly next to him at Utd to do the hold up work.

Unseen work
06-06-2013, 11:02 PM
That's not DW's game at all. He's 5'9, and although not the quickest in terms of acceleration, makes clever runs in behind and finds himself in decent positions. Always had Daly next to him at Utd to do the hold up work.

Yes he can make intelligent runs but I also see him as a strong lad who isn't scared to get stuck in, capable of holding the ball up, and won't get bullied by defenders