PDA

View Full Version : Assault on Sunday night - corner of Albert St and Leith Walk

Juice-Terry
30-05-2013, 09:42 AM
A friend of mine (dressed in full Hibs regalia) was badly beaten on the corner of Albert St and Leith Walk (by the bus stop) on Sunday night around 10pm (cup final night). He was by himself eating a pakora and waiting for the bus when six (or thereabout) boys attacked him without any sort of provocation. He was beaten unconscious, had his nose broken, and lost four teeth. If anyone knows anything please let me know - or even better, contact the police. Cheers.

matty_f
30-05-2013, 09:45 AM
That's horrendous. I absolutely detest folk that do that kind of thing. Absolute cowards that have no idea of the severity of their actions.

Hope you get enough info to get them.

joe breezy
30-05-2013, 09:45 AM
i hope someone gets caught for this - shocking - hate hearing of this kind of thing - too many people in the world lacking in morals

Hibs7
30-05-2013, 09:49 AM
Cowards of the lowest order .... Hope they get payback x 10, the bar stewards

Hibercelona
30-05-2013, 09:52 AM
Cowards who would never be caught outside on their own, that's all they are.

Wish your mate a speedy recovery.

#FromTheCapital
30-05-2013, 09:53 AM
I think I seen him after the attack. Wearing hibs top and kilt, face covered in blood. The police were with him at the time. Completely out of order

lord bunberry
30-05-2013, 09:58 AM
Just complete and utter vermin who were probably walking around after thinking they are hard men

Juice-Terry
30-05-2013, 10:00 AM
I think I seen him after the attack. Wearing hibs top and kilt, face covered in blood. The police were with him at the time. Completely out of order

Yes, that's what he was wearing.

Jones28
30-05-2013, 10:04 AM
Hope your mate is OK bud.

The_Horde
30-05-2013, 10:05 AM
Hope these twats are caught and get their comeuppance. I didn't see anything but a group of us were started on twice on our walk into town from easter road around midnight. Glad I wasn't alone or things could have turned nasty. Some people need put down!

#FromTheCapital
30-05-2013, 10:12 AM
Yes, that's what he was wearing.

Absolute disgrace, he looked in a bad way and no need for it at all from what you say. Hope he recovers soon and they catch the ********s who done it

HUTCHYHIBBY
30-05-2013, 10:14 AM
Not that it makes much difference, but, was it Yams, Bams or Yam Bams? They must've given him some indication re the cause of their twat-like actions.

Juice-Terry
30-05-2013, 10:21 AM
Not that it makes much difference, but, was it Yams, Bams or Yam Bams? They must've given him some indication re the cause of their twat-like actions.

From what I understand they simply blindsided him for no reason (other than him wearing his Hibs kilt and top?). He's back from the hospital and in fairly good spirits. He is off on his honeymoon on Sunday(!!!???). Not exactly the ideal lead up to such an occasion.

ColintonHibs
30-05-2013, 10:21 AM
Hate these people. Go around in groups thinking theyre solid. Need to get a grip i bet none of them wouldve done that on their own. Trying to show off to their stupid friends.

HUTCHYHIBBY
30-05-2013, 10:26 AM
From what I understand they simply blindsided him for no reason (other than him wearing his Hibs kilt and top?). He's back from the hospital and in fairly good spirits. He is off on his honeymoon on Sunday(!!!???). Not exactly the ideal lead up to such an occasion.

Not so good, I wandered up to T4IH from Tamsons at much the same time, could just as easily have been me. I wasnae munching a pakora though, so, perhaps it was racially motivated! ;-)
I'll get my coat.

Willis1875
30-05-2013, 10:37 AM
3 boys wandered into tamsons at about 10pm and beat a guy over the head 4 or 5 times with a telescopic baton,might be same guys.

Juice-Terry
30-05-2013, 10:39 AM
3 boys wandered into tamsons at about 10pm and beat a guy over the head 4 or 5 times with a telescopic baton,might be same guys.

**** sake. What's going on here?

blackpoolhibs
30-05-2013, 10:40 AM

I was in Tamsons when that happened, they were like the SAS, by the time i'd turned round they were in done the deed and out the door.

I doubt this is the same folk, they clearly new who they wanted.

cam75
30-05-2013, 10:41 AM
My mate got broken nose and 2 black eyes just next to robbies on Sunday night trying to stop a fight!

Beefster
30-05-2013, 10:41 AM
Warriors - if you need more than yourself to batter someone, you're not that hard. Bawbags.

Willis1875
30-05-2013, 10:42 AM
Good point Blackpool it did look like they had a specific person in mind.

HUTCHYHIBBY
30-05-2013, 10:49 AM
FFS! What a radge end to the days proceedings!

HUTCHYHIBBY
30-05-2013, 10:50 AM
I was in Tamsons when that happened, they were like the SAS, by the time i'd turned round they were in done the deed and out the door.

I must've missed that by a bawhair BH!

blackpoolhibs
30-05-2013, 10:52 AM
I must've missed that by a bawhair BH!

To be honest, i cant remember if it was before you came in or after you left? :greengrin

Oscar T Grouch
30-05-2013, 10:55 AM
I think, and please correct me if I am wrong, but the whole of Leith walk is covered by CCTV cameras is it no? Hopefully the polis can get an idea of who done this from that. Deplore violence, but a group attacking one guy, thats just wrong.

Kicked off big style in the Tor on Sunday night, bar got closed early, proper wild west pagger going down, chairs and glasses flyiing everywhere, everyone just punching everyone else, pure chaos, and they were meant to have a late close that night too.

HUTCHYHIBBY
30-05-2013, 11:08 AM
To be honest, i cant remember if it was before you came in or after you left? :greengrin

I'm still trying to remember when my old man left, if indeed we were still in Tamsons when he went home!

JimBHibees
30-05-2013, 11:52 AM
Cant stand this sort of thing, completely horrible and cowardly.

Fife-Hibee
30-05-2013, 12:25 PM
**** bags !!

givescotlandfreedom
30-05-2013, 12:58 PM

I doubt this is the same folk, they clearly new who they wanted.

I was in there at the time too. It just seemed to happen out of nothing. Never did get the pint I was queuing for :doh:

kdhibees1
30-05-2013, 01:00 PM
Absolutely shocking!! Always makes me sick to the stomach when I hear about innocent folk getting a do-in for nowt! Pure and utter pond life!!

Bristolhibby
30-05-2013, 03:04 PM
Me and my Dad came out of La Favorita, not long after the incident. Police and an ambulance there.

Your mate was face down in the ambulance getting treatment.

Looked in a bad way.

Sorry it happened and didn't see anything. Having taken a doing myself (pashed walking home on my own) I can empathise.

J

Bighoose
30-05-2013, 03:32 PM
Was on my way home after getting train back from Glasgow and had nipped into Tescos just up the road, so when I got down to the corner I could see your mate lying on his back beside the bus shelter. No sign of the attackers.

Police van was already with a couple of cops attending to the injury and another was speaking to an old bloke who must have seen it.

Anyway glad to hear your mate is on the mend and I hope the Police eventually catch up with whoever attacked them.

AugustaHibs
30-05-2013, 04:16 PM
Same happened to my cousin a few months ago, he was wearing a Scotland Rugby top when all of a sudden 3 guys came out of no where with a belts and started lashing at his heed, broken nose after being knocked unconsious from the blow and 13 stitches in his head!

Hope they catch who you're looking for!

Lelopoli
30-05-2013, 04:20 PM
At 9:30 pm, I think, I also saw two boys attacking other two boys in the beginning of Ferry Road.

JOD
30-05-2013, 05:22 PM
Folks,
I was there and seen it all.

I'm not sure that I can give the full sp on a public forum as I apprehended the culprit (the rest scarpered) until the police arrived and both my wife and I gave full statements to the Police who informed us that depending on what he pled on Tuesday will determine whether we will be needed as witnesses in any future court case.

All I will say it was the most cowardly unjustified assault I think I have ever seen and I am sixty years of age.

That is all I think I should say at the moment. ( My good wishes to the victim-I hope he recovers in due course)

FranckSuzy
30-05-2013, 05:28 PM
Folks,

I'm not sure that I can give the full sp on a public forum as I apprehended the culprit (the rest scarpered) until the police arrived and both my wife and I gave full statements to the Police who informed us that depending on what he pled on Tuesday will determine whether we will be needed as witnesses in any future court case.

All I will say it was the most cowardly unjustified assault I think I have ever seen and I am sixty years of age.

That is all I think I should say at the moment. ( My good wishes to the victim-I hope he recovers in due course)

:aok: Good on ya.

Hibrandenburg
30-05-2013, 05:36 PM
Good for you mate! People need to step in otherwise these ****ers will think anyone is fair game.

Hope the guy is on the mend and has a great honeymoon!

trev the hat
30-05-2013, 05:44 PM
As already said, good on you for standing up, I walked up to newington from HSC some time after 11.30pm on ma jack & thankfully seen no bother.
Simply cowards ! Hope your mate has good honeymoon.

Bishop Hibee
30-05-2013, 05:49 PM
My mate got broken nose and 2 black eyes just next to robbies on Sunday night trying to stop a fight!

I was in there from 8 til 11 and thought the atmosphere was superb although there were quite a few
Non-regulars mixed in with the usual faces. Walked home myself which is worrying given the info on this thread.

joe breezy
30-05-2013, 05:52 PM
Folks,

Well done Sir.
Takes bravery to tackle violent idiots but good to hear at least one of them was caught.

Hibernia Na Eir
30-05-2013, 06:02 PM
sounds a severe case of either huns or, more likely, yam Neds. sure the CCTV would have captured it. police should be on the ball. I'd check area for CCTVs. worth doing.

essexhibee
30-05-2013, 06:05 PM
Why are there so many brain deid neanderthals in society these days :confused: ?

Absolute vermin. Real hard men eh. Makes my blood boil really hope your pal recovers quickly.

#FromTheCapital
30-05-2013, 06:13 PM
sounds a severe case of either huns or, more likely, yam Neds. sure the CCTV would have captured it. police should be on the ball. I'd check area for CCTVs. worth doing.

Don't think there's any point in blaming other teams fans, we have our fair share of idiots as well. Did Gary Deegan's attacker not turn out to be a hibs fan? Sure thats what i heard. There's no place in society for **** who go around doing this kind of thing but unfortunately it happens far too often.

Aaron
30-05-2013, 06:50 PM
That's disgusting mate. Hope the police find out who they are. Keep us posted if they do.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

blackpoolhibs
30-05-2013, 07:35 PM
Folks,

Well done JOD. :top marks We could have done with you in the afternoon, if someone had shackled Brown, the result might have been different? :wink:

Beefster
30-05-2013, 07:37 PM
Folks,

Well done, sir.

Bristolhibby
30-05-2013, 08:09 PM
Folks,

Top man!

J

Hibernia&Alba
30-05-2013, 08:20 PM
Folks,

You're a credit to human decency, mate.

I'm very sorry to hear about this terrible attack. Animals who could do that to a guy minding his own business at a bus stop are a waste of oxygen. I hope the physical and mental scars heal and that all the idiots responsible have to face the consequences of their actions.

iwasthere1972
30-05-2013, 08:35 PM
Folks,

Well done that man. You did what a lot of people would turn a blind eye to (and that includes myself) as nowadays you just don't know what these cowardly thugs are carrying. Prison is too good for lowlife who attack folk, often in gangs because they know that they need numbers to be brave, many who are just innocent bystanders. These thugs need to be rounded up, stuck on a plane, dressed like a union jack and dropped in a remote part of Afghanistan. I wouldn't even bother providing them with a parachute.

Again well done. Hope he pleads guilty and that you don't have to appear as a witnesss.

Sergey
30-05-2013, 08:42 PM
Folks,

Hold your head up high - I'd have done the same in your position, but it could also have been me as the victim.

Nothing one can really say other than you can stand tall.

macca70
30-05-2013, 08:57 PM
Our country should treat this crime with Zero Tolerance.

A year in Prison at least but he'll get charged, probably just another charge to his list of many and he'll not even see the inside of a prison cell.

The poor guy now has to live the rest of his life with 4 teeth knocked out and I'm assuming they are probably at the front. Whilst the erseholes that done it will get community service at the most.

Gerard
30-05-2013, 09:38 PM
Absolutely shocking!! Always makes me sick to the stomach when I hear about innocent folk getting a do-in for nowt! Pure and utter pond life!!

What a shameful and cowardly act. I hope the guilty people concerned get lengthy prison sentences.

JOD
30-05-2013, 09:54 PM
Was on my way home after getting train back from Glasgow and had nipped into Tescos just up the road, so when I got down to the corner I could see your mate lying on his back beside the bus shelter. No sign of the attackers.

Police van was already with a couple of cops attending to the injury and another was speaking to an old bloke who must have seen it.

Anyway glad to hear your mate is on the mend and I hope the Police eventually catch up with whoever attacked them.

Hey Bighoose that ''old bloke'' m8 was me. So much for me thinking I was a young looking 60.:worried::wink:

hibsbollah
30-05-2013, 10:29 PM
Folks,

Well done, i think we all applaud your actions :agree:

Im far from being a legal expert but we need to take care as to whats said online when a criminal case is hopefully going to happen eventually.

LeighLoyal
30-05-2013, 10:34 PM
Glad to hear one or all of these animals might get collared, but thugs like this deserve thrashed. There's no crime in Singapore for a reason, deterrents work.

scuttle
30-05-2013, 10:42 PM
Respect to you and your missus JOD

RIP
30-05-2013, 11:00 PM
Given the timings of all these incidents I wonder if the polis can join the dots?

spike220
30-05-2013, 11:05 PM
Same happened to my cousin a few months ago, he was wearing a Scotland Rugby top when all of a sudden 3 guys came out of no where with a belts and started lashing at his heed, broken nose after being knocked unconsious from the blow and 13 stitches in his head!

Hope they catch who you're looking for!

Wearing a Scotland Rugby top??? Who would do that, I bet it was football fans!!

JOD
30-05-2013, 11:23 PM
Well done, i think we all applaud your actions :agree:

Im far from being a legal expert but we need to take care as to whats said online when a criminal case is hopefully going to happen eventually.

:agree: Totally agree no more from me on this subject.

Jones28
30-05-2013, 11:42 PM
Seems to have been an unusual amount of random, unprovoked attacks on Sunday? Possibly all the same folk?

Ps, hats off to JOD, well done :agree:

HUTCHYHIBBY
31-05-2013, 12:10 AM
Hold your head up high - I'd have done the same in your position.

I'm not sure you would've on Sunday night mate! ;-)

Wembley67
31-05-2013, 12:31 AM
Just got off the airport bus and a wee nyaff tried to stick the heid on me for no reason...booted him in the shins though, won't be making that mistake again. Erse.

MSK
31-05-2013, 07:17 AM
Just got off the airport bus and a wee nyaff tried to stick the heid on me for no reason...booted him in the shins though, won't be making that mistake again. Erse.Did his baws hang low ?...:greengrin

Juice-Terry
31-05-2013, 11:37 AM
Folks,

Well done mate! Much appreciated (not least on behalf of my mate). Hope the ******* you apprehended gets what he deserves.

Wembley67
01-06-2013, 10:32 AM
Did his baws hang low ?...:greengrin

If they did, the certainly don't anymore :greengrin