PDA

View Full Version : Missing Football? Missing watching Hibs? More this Friday-

big-mo
30-05-2013, 08:36 AM
If you are already having withdrawal symptoms from football, you can still get a fix this Friday (31st May). There are two games to watch, The East of Scotland Shield match at the Tynie at 6pm. This is the Hibs under 17's team who are looking to retain the shield for what will be the ninth year in a row.
:flag:

(Free entry, bucket collection)

The other game is involving the Hibs Legends playing Penicuik Athletic to celebrate their 125th anniversary. This game KO at 7:30 at Penicuik. The Hibs Legends team will see the début of Kevin Harper for the old yins. Others turning out include Keith Wright, Mickey Weir, Gordon Hunter, Gareth Evans, Willie Jamieson, Mark Mcgraw, Calum Milne, Graham Harvey, Lee Bailey, Fraser Ogilvie, Paul Kane.

There is also one for your diary, 15th June, Legends v Leith Athletic at the Links as part of the Leith Festival.

Direction to Penicuik ground - When you enter Penicuik, drive along the main street (John Street) past Tesco until you come to the junction at the Angle Park Tyre Centre, then take the right fork into Carlops Road. The Ground is 200 yards further along the road on the left hand side through the public park entrance. As parking is extremely limited, you can drive past the Angle Park Tyre Centre and park on John Street. The ground can be accessed on foot from John Street, through the public park entrance, 100 yards past the Bellmans Bar. You can also access the ground through the third public park entrance at the foot of Jackson Street. Post Code for Sat Nav Buffs: EH26 6HU

CyberSauzee
30-05-2013, 01:55 PM
Noticed this snippet at the bottom of this article:

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/spl/hibs-pre-season-training-to-begin-in-just-days-1-2949382

Meanwhile, Hibs aim to lift the East of Scotland Shield for a ninth year in a row when they face Hearts at Tynecastle tomorrow (kick-off 6pm). The match is between the clubs’ Under-17 sides, but Hibs can call on Jamie Beaton, Callum Crane, Max Todd, Jordan Sinclair, Neil Martyniuk, Jonny Court and Aaron Dunsmore, who have all gained Under-20 
experience this season.

Surely a mistake, as I thought some other team had the best crop of youngsters in Scotland?

monktonharp
30-05-2013, 02:08 PM
so they're now collecting buckets at Tynie? whatever next?:rolleyes:

SMAXXA
30-05-2013, 02:33 PM
If you are already having withdrawal symptoms from football, you can still get a fix this Friday (31st May). There are two games to watch, The East of Scotland Shield match at the Tynie at 6pm. This is the Hibs under 17's team who are looking to retain the shield for what will be the ninth year in a row.

The other game is involving the Hibs Legends playing Penicuik Athletic to celebrate their 125th anniversary. This game KO at 7:30 at Penicuik. The Hibs Legends team will see the début of Kevin Harper for the old yins. Others turning out include Keith Wright, Mickey Weir, Gordon Hunter, Gareth Evans, Willie Jamieson, Mark Mcgraw, Calum Milne, Graham Harvey, Lee Bailey, Fraser Ogilvie, Paul Kane.

There is also one for your diary, 15th June, Legends v Leith Athletic at the Links as part of the Leith Festival.

Direction to Penicuik ground - When you enter Penicuik, drive along the main street (John Street) past Tesco until you come to the junction at the Angle Park Tyre Centre, then take the right fork into Carlops Road. The Ground is 200 yards further along the road on the left hand side through the public park entrance. As parking is extremely limited, you can drive past the Angle Park Tyre Centre and park on John Street. The ground can be accessed on foot from John Street, through the public park entrance, 100 yards past the Bellmans Bar. You can also access the ground through the third public park entrance at the foot of Jackson Street. Post Code for Sat Nav Buffs: EH26 6HU

:faf: Hibs Legend?

sbell1875
30-05-2013, 06:24 PM

Genuinely torn over which game to go along to. I work 10 minutes drive from Tynecastle but I also never got to see Keith Wright or Mickey Weir play in a Hibs jersey as I was too young.

Ahhhh...decisions decision!

big-mo
30-05-2013, 08:42 PM
Genuinely torn over which game to go along to. I work 10 minutes drive from Tynecastle but I also never got to see Keith Wright or Mickey Weir play in a Hibs jersey as I was too young.

Ahhhh...decisions decision!

I am going to both, should get the second half of the legends game.
If the shield game is a draw at 90mins it got directly to pens.

Makaveli
30-05-2013, 08:44 PM

Think I'll head down to the Legends game. I didn't even know it was on until I read this so cheers! :thumbsup:

SMAXXA
30-05-2013, 08:49 PM
I am going to both, should get the second half of the legends game.
If the shield game is a draw at 90mins it got directly to pens.

Im playing, no sure im a legend tho :na na:

Makaveli
31-05-2013, 06:55 PM
1-0 Hibs Legends, 27 mins - own goal after good work from Harper.

Makaveli
31-05-2013, 07:56 PM
4-0 FT. Two goals and two assists for Harper who was a step ahead of everyone.

big-mo
01-06-2013, 12:56 PM
Two very good win for Hibs, 3-0 for the under 17s and 4-0 for the under 70's.

Kevin Haper was making his début for the Legends team and looked like he had never given up playing, the only other player on the pitch that looked to come near his level was Gareth Evens. Good result for their first game of the year, there are a few more lined up. I will post their fixtures if anyone is interested.

The legends keeper was on loan from Penicuik for the day but he had been with Hibs as a young lad.

GlenrothesHibee
01-06-2013, 01:02 PM
Anyone know how the Hibs fans got on against the unwashed?

Billy Whizz
01-06-2013, 01:11 PM
Anyone know how the Hibs fans got on against the unwashed?

I think the game is tomorrow. Anyone on here in the Hibs team?

Sorry game is today

Keith_M
01-06-2013, 01:22 PM
Kevin Haper was making his début for the Legends team and looked like he had never given up playing,

Worth an offer of a one year contract, do you think?

:greengrin