PDA

View Full Version : Post Season - Potentially Stupid Idea #1

Col2
29-05-2013, 06:33 PM
What mileage in Hibs fans clubbing together to fund Griffiths transfer / deal with a 3 year pledge each of say between £10-£15 per month?

2500 fans @ £180 per year = £450k or £8k a week.

I would do it on basis money gets returned if he doesn't sign and if/when he leaves then it can be used for next big signing.

He is after all one of our own..

Thoughts?

iwasthere1972
29-05-2013, 06:35 PM
What mileage in Hibs fans clubbing together to fund Griffiths transfer / deal with a 3 year pledge each of say between £10-£15 per month?

2500 fans @ £180 per year = £450k or £8k a week.

I would do it on basis money gets returned if he doesn't sign and if/when he leaves then it can be used for next big signing.

He is after all one of our own..

Thoughts?

Money's a bit tight at the moment but I could make some cakes and do the odd bit face painting at the weekend.

Hainan Hibs
29-05-2013, 06:37 PM
Admire the idea but I would prefer the club to live within it's means itself, if it can afford a transfer for Griffths do it, if not then I'd prefer we look for other options.

HH81
29-05-2013, 06:39 PM
Does this include a cup final ticket if we get there?

Devilstorment
29-05-2013, 06:40 PM
Admire the idea but I would prefer the club to live within it's means itself, if it can afford a transfer for Griffths do it, if not then I'd prefer we look for other options.

Thats not how the big team operates! where is your passion??

blackpoolhibs
29-05-2013, 06:42 PM
This is not a new idea, there has been cases in Scotland where rich fans have funded some signings. I have never heard of it done the way the op suggests though?

Col2
29-05-2013, 06:49 PM
Ok think about it a little further.

Hibs/we supporters say - we will get behind a membership scheme that is purely used for the direct purchase and funding of between 1-3 quality players.

And when mean quality I mean players we just can't come close enough to afford given current wage structure.

We raise up to £500k per year and along with maximum wage from club (say £3k a week) we supplement this but this avoids technically a break of wage structure and doesn't put the club at any risk. In fact it allows club to benefit from better quality, marketing, profile and also further transfer fees.

If someone said to me that If I paid another £15 per month I would get to see a decent squad AND sparky, say Murray Davidson and say McFadden from Motherwell I would jump at it.

nonshinyfinish
29-05-2013, 06:51 PM
What happens when people who, after signing up with the best of intentions, decide that they can't/won't/don't want to continue paying their £15 a month?

Where does the money come from to make up the shortfall?

Jonnyboy
29-05-2013, 06:54 PM
Maybe all those folk doing the Hibernian Lottery would prefer to donate their whole £'s to Hibs rather than just 26p in every pound on the 40 squillion to one chance they might win a few bob?

Devilstorment
29-05-2013, 06:55 PM
If i ever win the Euro Millions i will buy Hibs one or two players

... provided I get one of the Stands named after me
.... And get to play CM

Jonnyboy
29-05-2013, 06:57 PM

.... And get to play CM

Can I be the first to put my name down for a season ticket in the "Devilstorment Stand" please? :greengrin

Col2
29-05-2013, 07:01 PM
I did say it was potentially a stupid idea. In reality though I think it has some merit. Yes people could cancel but its amazing the loyalty fans have. It's like cancelling a gym membership but even worse.

We all want better quality on the pitch. We all know its fine margins between 2nd and 11th. A little bit of quality makes all the difference.

Remember maroon sevco need £1.5m a year to SURVIVE, I am talking about one third of this to improve the player quality. I might draft a terms of reference and a direct debit mandate...

GoldenEagle
29-05-2013, 07:20 PM
Maybe all those folk doing the Hibernian Lottery would prefer to donate their whole £'s to Hibs rather than just 26p in every pound on the 40 squillion to one chance they might win a few bob?

That's what kinda disappoints me about the Hibs lotto, I'd much rather buy 15 x £1 tickets per month and have a 70/30 split in favour of Hibs with the 30% as a prize fund.

Beefster
29-05-2013, 07:30 PM

Or buy a ST...

PS Aside from Hibs only getting 26% of the stake, your chances of actually winning are way less than th real lottery (which isn't exactly easy to win).

Gus Fring
29-05-2013, 07:44 PM
Or buy a ST...

Exactly, every supporter had the chance to pay a monthly direct debit to fund Griffiths transfer back in March/April. The club was also very kindly going to throw in a ticket to watch him play at Home matches into the bargain as well. :wink:

lucky
29-05-2013, 07:44 PM
In a time of austerity, lets get fans to comit to paying a footballer £8k a week from donations. If Leigh wants to sign for Hibs he knows the wage structure if its cash then its down to England for him. Surely Hibs must live within their means

Saorsa
29-05-2013, 07:45 PM
Maybe all those folk doing the Hibernian Lottery would prefer to donate their whole £'s to Hibs rather than just 26p in every pound on the 40 squillion to one chance they might win a few bob?I always thought that was going tae be the idea before the lottery thing materialised.

NAE NOOKIE
29-05-2013, 07:47 PM
Imagine if from the start of 1903 we had started a fund for a Scottish Cup cup winning bonus.

Heres a conservative guess:

Average crowds since then 10,000 per game.
Every fan puts in a pound at each home game. I know a pond was a weeks wages in 1903
20 home games per year.
110 years

The players bonus pot at kick off time on the 26th of May would have been ............... £22,000,000

hibs4thecup1988
29-05-2013, 07:49 PM
The Hibernian lotto is for exactly this...!

Simple as that. It would be faaaaaar too difficult to manage such a system, and that's from experience. People dropping out, changing dates, missing payments, cancelled dds.

Nope...if you want Griffiths then do the normal things available.

Season ticket
Hibernian lotto

Jonnyboy
29-05-2013, 07:54 PM
I always thought that was going tae be the idea before the lottery thing materialised.

Simple as that. It would be faaaaaar too difficult to manage such a system, and that's from experience. People dropping out, changing dates, missing payments, cancelled dds.

Season ticket
Hibernian lotto

A choice should be offered at least. I always buy a season ticket but am reluctant to spend £10 a month on a lottery when only £2.60 of that goes to Hibs. I don't get the administrative nightmare bit either.

Rather than the lotto I'd buy more Kicks for Kids tickets where HFC would get 100% of my cash

Gerard
29-05-2013, 07:58 PM

Season ticket
Hibernian lotto

:top marks

hibs4thecup1988
29-05-2013, 08:01 PM
A choice should be offered at least. I always buy a season ticket but am reluctant to spend £10 a month on a lottery when only £2.60 of that goes to Hibs. I don't get the administrative nightmare bit either.

Rather than the lotto I'd buy more Kicks for Kids tickets where HFC would get 100% of my cash

As do I. Season ticket holder for me and my son.
You don't get the annoying Admin side? Imagine there are 2,000 people, letters to go out, new details on systems. Imagine they missed a payment. More letters more admin costs. If people were only paying 10 quid a month it would probably be more in admin costs.

Were LWT group not proposing something?

Jonnyboy
29-05-2013, 08:05 PM
You don't get the annoying Admin side? Imagine there are 2,000 people, letters to go out, new details on systems. Imagine they missed a payment. More letters more admin costs. If people were only paying 10 quid a month it would probably be more in admin costs.

I didn't say it was annoying :confused:

What's all this about letters and admin costs? My point was that I'd rather give/donate/hand over £10 a month to Hibs rather than £2.60 or at least have that option available. As for the admin costs being more than the money coming in, well that's just plain daft.

I asked a couple of times when the LWT group were working on fund raising ideas and was told there might be reasons why a straight cash donation could not be made. Am still waiting to hear what those reasons might be?

Anyway, if folk want to give the bulk of their cash to some other organisation than Hibs then the lottery is just the ticket :wink:

Viva_Palmeiras
29-05-2013, 08:07 PM
Something of this nature has been discussed as part of a breakout group for Let's Work Together.
The appropriate vehicle for something like this would need to be considered. Other initiatives were in the pipeline and timing was a factor so it was out in the back burner. When we next meet I expect this issue to be raised again - it would have been had a certain cup not got in the way ;)

Some Points to consider tho':

could we really expect funds to be to exclusively keep player A - what happens if they come up short?
what if the player then moves on a relatively short time later?
how this plays into the hands of agents

with the lotto, STs, stones, merchandise (where you get something back in return) is there room for more "demands" on fans cash in financially straightened times (Are STs a barometer?)

What gives better bang for buck - invest in youth or Experience?

hibs4thecup1988
29-05-2013, 08:11 PM

What's all this about letters and admin costs? My point was that I'd rather give/donate/hand over £10 a month to Hibs rather than £2.60 or at least have that option available. As for the admin costs being more than the money coming in, well that's just plain daft.

I asked a couple of times when the LWT group were working on fund raising ideas and was told there might be reasons why a straight cash donation could not be made. Am still waiting to hear what those reasons might be?

Anyway, if folk want to give the bulk of their cash to some other organisation than Hibs then the lottery is just the ticket :wink:

Sorry! I was saying it would be annoying :greengrin.

I agree with you by the way. If I could give Hibs 10 quid a month I would. Just don't think it will ever happen.

Easiest way would be a membership scheme that we had last year. 10 quid a ,onth gets you;

Acess to youth games
2 cat b games a yrs
Second priority to cup and away games
A monthly newsletter from manager and captain

Could add many more things in here.

Viva_Palmeiras
29-05-2013, 08:14 PM

Not too sure why that should be the case ? Although I think that it may not be as simple as setting up a PayPal account - you can see where things can end up if the Wronga choices are made. So administration etc would be involved.

Jonnyboy
29-05-2013, 08:22 PM
Sorry! I was saying it would be annoying :greengrin.

I agree with you by the way. If I could give Hibs 10 quid a month I would. Just don't think it will ever happen.

Easiest way would be a membership scheme that we had last year. 10 quid a ,onth gets you;

Acess to youth games
2 cat b games a yrs
Second priority to cup and away games
A monthly newsletter from manager and captain

Could add many more things in here.

Not too sure why that should be the case ? Although I think that it may not be as simple as setting up a PayPal account - you can see where things can end up if the Wronga choices are made. So administration etc would be involved.

Oh well, I'll just keep donating to player jersey sponsorship etc so that Hibs get all of the money :greengrin

hibs4thecup1988
29-05-2013, 08:40 PM
Oh well, I'll just keep donating to player jersey sponsorship etc so that Hibs get all of the money :greengrin

That's Wht happens when you get set in your ways :wink:

Jonnyboy
29-05-2013, 08:42 PM
That's Wht happens when you get set in your ways :wink:

:greengrin

wookie70
29-05-2013, 08:58 PM
I like the idea of a monthly donation to fund players. The easiest way to manage drop outs and missed payments is to work a year in arrears. Then you are always spending money you have rather than hope to have. If it is used for signing on and transfer fees with the club picking up wages it could work well. It would be good to give a preferential ticket, next in line behind season tickets, for joining the scheme with a minimum payment of say £10 per month. Would work well for those that couldn't make enough games to justify a season ticket.

FranckSuzy
29-05-2013, 08:59 PM
FWIW, I totally agree with various posters on this thread and to be honest, I have to laugh that in these times of austerity, people are actively seeking to give their hard-earned cash to Hibs specifically for signing players and/or paying their wages and yet it is proving very difficult. Only at Hibs :rolleyes: :greengrin

Radical I know, but how about someone (I could do it and am willing) sets up a paypal account, people contribute what they can and around this time next year, we call Hibs and say 'I would like to donate x amount of pounds to you for players? :wink:

If you make it a paypal donation, then there needs to be no regular direct debits to set up/no chasing late payers/no admin costs (except paypal fees) and if you're feeling flush, you give some more :agree: Also, that way we would not be committing to paying x amount per week for a player when the required funds may not have been received. Much like the scheme Hibs.net has with the youth academy, with Bill Hendry receiving the funds directly.

OK, million dollar question..............is anyone else up for it?

P.S If anyone else also wants to do this, I am more than willing to help out in an admin capacity :aok: I have already helped organise a whip round on the PM board for an East Stand Stone so can be trusted :devil:

Jonnyboy
29-05-2013, 09:02 PM
FWIW, I totally agree with various posters on this thread and to be honest, I have to laugh that in these times of austerity, people are actively seeking to give their hard-earned cash to Hibs specifically for signing players and/or paying their wages and yet it is proving very difficult. Only at Hibs :rolleyes: :greengrin

Radical I know, but how about someone (I could do it and am willing) sets up a paypal account, people contribute what they can and around this time next year, we call Hibs and say 'I would like to donate x amount of pounds to you for players? :wink:

If you make it a paypal donation, then there needs to be no regular direct debits to set up/no chasing late payers/no admin costs (except paypal fees) and if you're feeling flush, you give some more :agree: Also, that way we would not be committing to paying x amount per week for a player when the required funds may not have been received. Much like the scheme Hibs.net has with the youth academy, with Bill Hendry receiving the funds directly.

OK, million dollar question..............is anyone else up for it?

P.S If anyone else also wants to do this, I am more than willing to help out in an admin capacity :aok: I have already helped organise a whip round on the PM board for an East Stand Stone so can be trusted :devil:

I'd run that idea by the Club Suzy, get their views :agree:

FranckSuzy
29-05-2013, 09:25 PM
I'd run that idea by the Club Suzy, get their views :agree:

Good shout John. I will do just that tomorrow and report back :aok: I am really keen that we should 'cash in' on the feel-good factor that seems to be around Hibs just now, well for the majority of fans anyway :wink:

hibs4thecup1988
29-05-2013, 10:09 PM
Good shout John. I will do just that tomorrow and report back :aok: I am really keen that we should 'cash in' on the feel-good factor that seems to be around Hibs just now, well for the majority of fans anyway :wink:

I'd be willing to contribute and help organise it
Let me know what the club say

FranckSuzy
29-05-2013, 10:15 PM
I'd be willing to contribute and help organise it
Let me know what the club say

Good stuff :thumbsup: I will do.

hibees 7062
30-05-2013, 12:09 AM
Managers fund
Can we set up a managers fund , Celtic , Dundee Utd and even East Fife have similar . £5 a month minimum times 10.000 = £600.000 minimum per year to the manager . Not impossible is it ?
Posted this last year and got some good replys

Beefster
30-05-2013, 06:01 AM

Once it was up and running, it wouldn't cost anywhere near £20,000 per month to administer something like that.

Woody70x2
30-05-2013, 06:18 AM
It is amazing that there is fans who earn X amount per year are willing to set up a direct debit to fund a player XXX,XXX

Woody70x2
30-05-2013, 06:21 AM
It is amazing that there is fans who earn X amount per year are willing to set up a direct debit to fund a player XXX,XXX

Mobile phone!!!!

It just isn't feasible... Who decides what player you buy with the money? What happens if the player turns out rubbish? So many issues.

Monies like this have to be invested at the grass roots level... Youth set up, etc.

Viva_Palmeiras
30-05-2013, 09:00 AM
Good stuff :thumbsup: I will do.

FS I have asked for this to be put on the agenda for the next LWT meeting. Just before Christmas we had a lively debate on this very topic with representatives across support including Hibernians, Erin trust who haveexperience in this kind of area to bring to the table Plus others from LWT and beyond (dont have an exhaustive list off top of my head) to consider how best to take it forward we wanted to ensure that if we did it we did it right. Other initiative took priority in the interim unfortunately.

one key aspect to consider is if and how to best cater for this - we already have a number of trusts/bodies the question is does it make sense to have another?

although on the face of it it might look like nothing has been done but a decent amount of forethought and discussion has gone on. Unfortunately we didn't manage to incorporate a question into the survey to gauge potential.

Why not attend the meeting at ER if you or others can make it? I've asked Gogs to confirm date (we usually start at 6pm.

Feel free to PM me.

FranckSuzy
30-05-2013, 09:42 AM
FS I have asked for this to be put on the agenda for the next LWT meeting. Just before Christmas we had a lively debate on this very topic with representatives across support including Hibernians, Erin trust who haveexperience in this kind of area to bring to the table Plus others from LWT and beyond (dont have an exhaustive list off top of my head) to consider how best to take it forward we wanted to ensure that if we did it we did it right. Other initiative took priority in the interim unfortunately.

one key aspect to consider is if and how to best cater for this - we already have a number of trusts/bodies the question is does it make sense to have another?

although on the face of it it might look like nothing has been done but a decent amount of forethought and discussion has gone on. Unfortunately we didn't manage to incorporate a question into the survey to gauge potential.

Why not attend the meeting at ER if you or others can make it? I've asked Gogs to confirm date (we usually start at 6pm.

Feel free to PM me.

Thanks VP, I knew it had been on the agenda before at some point. Re the part in bold then my answer, and according to some of the other poster's, is a big fat YES :greengrin. The appetite for it is there, for one reason or another, the other initiatives are not grabbing some fan's attention and on a basic level, some people would prefer to just give their money to Hibs, specifically for paying for players/adding to the managers pot, without the other add ons (lottery/KFK, ST etc) :wink:. I know it's not as easy as it sounds, but in my mind, if people are willing and able to donate some of their hard earned cash, let's get an account set up and get it started! Now. While the desire is there. Before other priorities come up. Without the need for endless discussions/meetings :greengrin. Seriously though, I will certainly try and get along to the next LWT meeting :aok:

Bad Martini
30-05-2013, 11:21 AM
I tried tapping tam farmer on Sunday for this before he nipped off on the bus with Petrie and co.

Err, just sayin like :greengrin

Perhaps we could do something mental like getting rid of the white elephant at Tranent and using the funds to strengthen the team, like we should've from the start ??? After all, those dug **** laden parks done the famous five, tornadoes and our last two cup winning teams a lot of harm eh?

NBC or perhaps we could pay LG via some foreign off shore trust scheme which is never repaya......naw, hud on :greengrin

ENDOF

RIP
30-05-2013, 12:38 PM
Viva Palmieras ran a workshop before Christmas where a dozen supporters turned up and we pushed a load of ideas around. Johnnyboy and FranckSuzy were encouraged to attend. The output was captured by VP in a report which was presented to board and management at the turn of the year.

There were two issues that resulted in the idea getting parked:-

Conflict with the impending launch of the Hibernian Lotto

Conflict with the re-launch of The Hibernians fund for youth development

The work on the "Winning The Hibernian Way" project was repositioning the club in favour of youth development and away from temporary signings. If we invested more money producing more Stanton's, Caldwell's, Harris's, Horribines and Handling's maybe we could build a more sustainable future for our football club? That wasn't a unanimous view - the original objective was focused on retaining Leigh.

Maybe we should have held on to LG the first time around? :greengrin

Open LWT meetings are held West Stand 6pm second Wednesday of every month. The next one is 11th June. All Hibbies welcome and yes - this topic will be on the agenda

Volunteers please PM VivaPalmieras

FranckSuzy
30-05-2013, 12:46 PM
Viva Palmieras ran a workshop before Christmas where a dozen supporters turned up and we pushed a load of ideas around. Johnnyboy and FranckSuzy were encouraged to attend. The output was captured by VP in a report which was presented to board and management at the turn of the year.

The work on the "Winning The Hibernian Way" project was repositioning the club in favour of youth development and away from temporary signings. If we invested more money producing more Stanton's, Caldwell's, Harris's, Horribines and Handling's maybe we could build a more sustainable future for our football club? That wasn't a unanimous view - the original objective was focused on retaining Leigh.

Open LWT meetings are held West Stand 6pm second Wednesday of every month. The next one is 11th June. All Hibbies welcome and yes - this topic will be on the agenda

Cheers Gogs. If it wasn't for my pesky shifts changing
at the last minute, I would have been there. Will defo
try and get along to the next one. Sounds encouraging!

Jonnyboy
30-05-2013, 07:09 PM

I recall being asked Gordon but I do not recall being told this topic would be discussed or I would have attended. I also recall raising this topic before and being told it's all work in progress and we can't really say much until it's ready to go.

I'm not sure why folk are over complicating the idea of monthly donation. I've read on here that we might not like the players signed etc! If that was a reason not to financially back the manager nobody would buy a season ticket in case Pat signed Konte or the likes. Also, fans buying the lottery tickets don't suddenly think "I'm not sure I'll be happy that my 26p in the £ will result in players coming to ER that I want"

I am NOT knocking the LWT folk as you all know and I've said on here before that having been deeply involved in the Stand Up And Be Counted campaign I know how much time, effort and energy can be expended.

So, can anyone tell me why a fan who is willing to donate a monthly sum to the manager's fund is finding it so difficult to do?

Finally, the "fan pays £10 a month so that player can get paid £2,000 a month" argument is misguided. The donation goes to the manager's fund and he decides what it's spent on. Not complicated really

hibs4thecup1988
30-05-2013, 07:24 PM
I agree with you. Fans want to pay something why is there not anything set up.

I also agree the time that goes into these groups must be a lot and I appeciatr that things can be put on the back burner so to speak.

As you say though, it really shouldn't be as complicated as is being made out.

Billy Whizz
30-05-2013, 07:27 PM
I agree with you. Fans want to pay something why is there not anything set up.

I also agree the time that goes into these groups must be a lot and I appeciatr that things can be put on the back burner so to speak.

As you say though, it really shouldn't be as complicated as is being made out.

Most things at Hibs are complicated

Beefster
30-05-2013, 07:28 PM
I recall being asked Gordon but I do not recall being told this topic would be discussed or I would have attended. I also recall raising this topic before and being told it's all work in progress and we can't really say much until it's ready to go.

I'm not sure why folk are over complicating the idea of monthly donation. I've read on here that we might not like the players signed etc! If that was a reson not to financially back the manager nobody would buy a season ticket in case Pat signed Konte or the likes. Also, fans buying the lottery tickets don't suddenly think "I'm not sure I'll be happy that my 26p in the £ will result in players coming to ER that I want"

I am NOT knocking the LWT folk as you all know and I've said on here before that having been deeply involved in the Stand Up And Be Counted campaign I know how much time, effort and energy can be expended.

So, can anyone tell me why a fan who is willing to donate a monthly sum to the manager's fund is finding it so difficult to do?

Finally, the "fan pays £10 a month so that player can get paid £2,000 a month" argument is misguided. The donation goes to the manager's fund and he decides what it's spent on. Not complicated really

I think Hibs like to commission reports into new ideas and then sit on it for a couple of years to make sure it's a keeper.

Folk were crying for memberships for years. Hibs eventually introduce them, give a ridiculously generous package and then scrap them within months. It was a case study in how not to do a membership scheme.

hibs4thecup1988
30-05-2013, 07:29 PM
Most things at Hibs are complicated

Like what may I ask? I've not found anything complicated nd I've been going to Easter Road for nearly 20 years(ouch that's scary :greengrin)

FranckSuzy
30-05-2013, 07:37 PM

I'm not sure why folk are over complicating the idea of monthly donation. I've read on here that we might not like the players signed etc! If that was a reason not to financially back the manager nobody would buy a season ticket in case Pat signed Konte or the likes. Also, fans buying the lottery tickets don't suddenly think "I'm not sure I'll be happy that my 26p in the £ will result in players coming to ER that I want"

:agree: that's where I am too. People actually WANT to give money directly to Hibs! Let's get this off the ground before the momentum/interest/money is gone.

This is not intended as a criticism of LWT, just to be clear. But, I think this issue is also a perfect example of why some people don't bother to try and change/improve/join things as there appears to be meetings about meetings for something to stand a chance of changing. To shamelessly (mis)quote our new sponsor. 'Let's just do it!' :greengrin

Billy Whizz
30-05-2013, 07:40 PM
Like what may I ask? I've not found anything complicated nd I've been going to Easter Road for nearly 20 years(ouch that's scary :greengrin)

Like most posters are saying, we don't exactly "carpe diem"

hibs4thecup1988
30-05-2013, 07:46 PM
Like most posters are saying, we don't exactly "carpe diem"

I wasn't good at Spanish what does that mean :wink:

Billy Whizz
30-05-2013, 07:52 PM
I wasn't good at Spanish what does that mean :wink:

Latin actually and means seize the day. If we have some good ideas, lets get on with them

hibees 7062
30-05-2013, 08:03 PM
Latin actually and means seize the day. If we have some good ideas, lets get on with them

Exactly lets do it :agree:

hibs4thecup1988
30-05-2013, 08:07 PM

I was only joking with the Spanish comment :greengrin

However I fully agree :aok:

Soldiersteve
30-05-2013, 08:29 PM

.... And get to play CM Can I play a game in goals?

Viva_Palmeiras
30-05-2013, 08:38 PM
Ok I'm still awaiting PMs from volunteers ...

JonnyB and Suzy PM an email respectively coming your way as a starter for 10. Things will need to be tied together ahead of the meeting on the 11th.

hibs4thecup1988
30-05-2013, 08:41 PM
Sadly VP I work backshifts. Hoping that will change soon. When it does I will be in touch

FranckSuzy
30-05-2013, 09:03 PM
Ok I'm still awaiting PMs from volunteers ...

JonnyB and Suzy PM an email respectively coming your way as a starter for 10. Things will need to be tied together ahead of the meeting on the 11th.

Probably being thick VP but do you want me to PM you my email or are you PMing me an email? :greengrin :doh:

Jonnyboy
30-05-2013, 09:07 PM
Probably being thick VP but do you want me to PM you my email or are you PMing me an email? :greengrin :doh:

Can I just say that I'm sponsoring the idea but have no wish to lead any campaign! :greengrin To me it was a discussion to re-ignite the LWT group into action on it :agree:

FranckSuzy
30-05-2013, 09:12 PM

Can I just say that I'm sponsoring the idea but have no wish to lead any campaign! :greengrin To me it was a discussion to re-ignite the LWT group into action on it :agree:

Boo! Choose starting a managers fund :wink: :greengrin

Jonnyboy
30-05-2013, 09:27 PM
Boo! Choose starting a managers fund :wink: :greengrin

Awrite I'll attend, pull Rod's tache hair and scweem and scweem until he agrees :greengrin

I've now had a PM from VP which I will think over and get back to him.

Just for the sake of clarification, this would be fans who are willing to make a monthly payment into the managers fund in the full knowledge that: -

1. The whole amount would go to the manager and not 26p in the £ (if the lottery is a fan's preference then that's fine!)

2. The manager would have total discretion over spending the monies raised. In other words, it's a donation and not a payment made in the hope that you can pick who he signs :greengrin

It's pretty straightforward IMO but I welcome comments/criticisms (remember nobody is forcing you to contribute so it's not a begging bowl)

Saorsa
30-05-2013, 09:38 PM
Awrite I'll attend, pull Rod's tache hair and scweem and scweem until he agrees :greengrin

Just for the sake of clarification, this would be fans who are willing to make a monthly payment into the managers fund in the full knowledge that: -

1. The whole amount would go to the manager and not 26p in the £ (if the lottery is a fan's preference then that's fine!)

2. The manager would have total discretion over spending the monies raised. In other words, it's a donation and not a payment made in the hope that you can pick who he signs :greengrin

It's pretty straightforward IMO but I welcome comments/criticisms (remember nobody is forcing you to contribute so it's not a begging bowl)Pretty much how I think it should be. I like the lottery and would still do it so I hope it stays.

marinello59
30-05-2013, 09:40 PM

2. The manager would have total discretion over spending the monies raised. In other words, it's a donation and not a payment made in the hope that you can pick who he signs :greengrin It's pretty straightforward IMO but I welcome comments/criticisms (remember nobody is forcing you to contribute so it's not a begging bowl)

That all looks good to me. :thumbsup:

FranckSuzy
30-05-2013, 09:40 PM

It's pretty straightforward IMO but I welcome comments/criticisms (remember nobody is forcing you to contribute so it's not a begging bowl)

Yay! :thumbsup: I got it too and thought it described exactly where I am with it all. Oh, and I agree with both points above. Maybe a thread specifically about a potential managers fund would be a better way to go about canvassing opinion? We'd get a better idea of numbers for it and hopefully those who are not interested won't bother giving us the benefit of their wisdom :wink:

Viva_Palmeiras
30-05-2013, 09:54 PM
Managers fund

Can we set up a managers fund , Celtic , Dundee Utd and even East Fife have similar . £5 a month minimum times 10.000 = £600.000 minimum per year to the manager . Not impossible is it ?
Posted this last year and got some good replys

FWIW as part of research at the time East Fife were the only Club that had something along the lines we were looking at. I contacted the club to ask if the person responsible could contact me. I got no reply unfortunately.

FranckSuzy
30-05-2013, 10:25 PM
FWIW as part of research at the time East Fife were the only Club that had something along the lines we were looking at. I contacted the club to ask if the person responsible could contact me. I got no reply unfortunately.

VP, have posted on an EF fans forum and asked for some feedback on their scheme. Will let you know if I get a response :aok:

RIP
30-05-2013, 10:39 PM
When this first appeared we had one meeting them a slide deck then a presentation to the board. All within 2 and a half weeks. Pretty far from the 'meetings about meetings' scenario painted by some.

The only reason it got parked was to let other worthwhile initiatives like Lotto, East Stand Plaques, The Hibernians and Season Ticket renewals kick in. The agreement was to revisit it at the end of the season.

There is only one set of customers and crucially, one Russell Smith. He is pretty much a one man band, we cut right back on admin wages in 2012.

There are also insufficient volunteers to share the workload. Its almost like we have dozens of folk repeating the same idea but virtually nobody who has the time to offer the club to turn the idea into a reality.

Two or three people and we will get this up and running

FranckSuzy
30-05-2013, 11:09 PM
When this first appeared we had one meeting them a slide deck then a presentation to the board. All within 2 and a half weeks. Pretty far from the 'meetings about meetings' scenario painted by some.

The only reason it got parked was to let other worthwhile initiatives like Lotto, East Stand Plaques, The Hibernians and Season Ticket renewals kick in. The agreement was to revisit it at the end of the season.

There is only one set of customers and crucially, one Russell Smith. He is pretty much a one man band, we cut right back on admin wages in 2012.

There are also insufficient volunteers to share the workload. Its almost like we have dozens of folk repeating the same idea but virtually nobody who has the time to offer the club to turn the idea into a reality.

Two or three people and we will get this up and running

I'm in :aok: I've PMd VP and can defo make the 11th. The bit in bold was probably me, just a wee (bad) joke G :greengrin

hibees 7062
30-05-2013, 11:11 PM
VP, have posted on an EF fans forum and asked for some feedback on their scheme. Will let you know if I get a response :aok:

My mates son is with them and its run by the supporters association . They were raising up to £1500 a week last season

FranckSuzy
30-05-2013, 11:19 PM
My mates son is with them and its run by the supporters association . They were raising up to £1500 a week last season

Nice one! Do you think you'd be able to get a contact there for us? :aok:

hibees 7062
30-05-2013, 11:39 PM
Nice one! Do you think you'd be able to get a contact there for us? :aok:

Contact eftrustsec@yahoo.co.uk (eftrustsec@yahoo.co.uk) focussupport@hotmail.co.uk (focussupport@hotmail.co.uk) 07962 245388 07578 724865

Try this . Can .NET not take payment like we do ie private members payments ?

FranckSuzy
30-05-2013, 11:41 PM
Contact eftrustsec@yahoo.co.uk (eftrustsec@yahoo.co.uk) This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it
focussupport@hotmail.co.uk (focussupport@hotmail.co.uk) This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it
07962 245388
07578 724865

Try this . Can .NET not take payment like we do ie private members payments ?

Thanks very much :aok: Will fire off an email now.

I think the collection method will be discussed at the meeting. Not sure how .net would feel about this tho' :wink: :greengrin

hibees 7062
30-05-2013, 11:46 PM

I think the collection method will be discussed at the meeting. Not sure how .net would feel about this tho' :wink: :greengrin

Or could we open an account with Ukio Bankas ? Oh wait :greengrin

FranckSuzy
30-05-2013, 11:52 PM
Or could we open an account with Ukio Bankas ? Oh wait :greengrin

They are FAR too big a global operation to even consider allowing us Hobo's to use their services :agree: :greengrin

edit: emails sent :aok:

hibees 7062
30-05-2013, 11:57 PM
They are FAR too big a global operation to even consider allowing us Hobo's to use their services :agree: :greengrin

edit: emails sent :aok:

Perfect , how did the BIG team donate the cake sale proceeds ?

FranckSuzy
30-05-2013, 11:59 PM

In those wee bank bags you get change in I'd imagine. All coppers :greengrin

Viva_Palmeiras
31-05-2013, 05:40 AM

I appreciate the thinking and it was discussed with Mikey. .net is happy to promote but already do a lot in this space plus LWT is a broad church not just about .net. A point that was re-emphasised inthe workshop. We need to try to take as many folk with us hence the workshop and working group.

BTW whilst EF were the only club doing this at that time Hibs were the First club to have a supporters trust - the ERIN trust iirrc.

Viva_Palmeiras
31-05-2013, 05:42 AM

Pardon my French but we are NOT copying the Hearts here. Well find the right mechanism and have engaged with folks that have experience of setting up and running similar operations (club86/Hibernians, Erin Trust etc and as I said above floated the idea of .net becoming involved - all so we don't reinvent the wheel).

We should be careful to differentiate ourselves from what Hearts are doing - they are fighting for survival - we are looking for investment in our clubs future. There should be no comparison and so best not bothering to get into that game.