PDA

View Full Version : Jordon Forster

Wotherspiniesta
29-05-2013, 04:52 PM
Will still be with Hibs next year :thumbsup:

pontius pilate
29-05-2013, 04:54 PM
Great news
Is this a new contract or a extension trigger?

Edit just noticed Jordon's comments

YehButNoBut
29-05-2013, 05:03 PM
Good lad, looks a great prospect. :agree:

Dibben
29-05-2013, 05:13 PM
Great news.

adhibs
29-05-2013, 05:37 PM
If he starts the first five games next season like he finished this id be giving him another 3 straight away

JollyGreenGiant
29-05-2013, 05:46 PM
This is great news, I am genuinely excited that at last we have a young, strong, tall centre half coming through the ranks :aok:

Didn't put a foot wrong in 2 of our biggest games of the season.

So, why isn't the lad on a longer deal? I can't think of the last time we brought through a decent young centre half (Hanlon - jury's still out imo).

Devilstorment
29-05-2013, 05:49 PM
Great news! :aok:

...WentToMowAnSPL
29-05-2013, 05:57 PM
I'm really pleased ... Would have been happy with 2 years tbh but in Rod we Trust ...

andy1875
29-05-2013, 06:02 PM
Hopefully Forster does better than other centre halfs that have come through the youth system.

Darren Dods, wasnt great for us but has had a decent career thereafter.

Mark Dempsie, not sure what happened to this lad?

Stuart McCaffrey, from memory jumped ship when we got relegated in 98. Didn't hear much of him, playing for ICT rings a bell.

Jonathan Baillie, from memory he broke a toe and never really progressed in the Mowbray era. Looked good but another who I have no idea where he ended up.

Anyone care to add to the list?

blackpoolhibs
29-05-2013, 06:04 PM
Hopefully Forster does better than other centre halfs that have come through the youth system.

Stuart McCaffrey, from memory jumped ship when we got relegated in 98. Didn't hear much of him, playing for ICT rings a bell.

Jonathan Baillie, from memory he broke a toe and never really progressed in the Mowbray era. Looked good but another who I have no idea where he ended up.

Kevin McCann, whatever happened to the big lad? :wink:

Heisenberg
29-05-2013, 06:06 PM
I'd imagine he only got a year because he hadnt yet broken into the first team? Hopefully him and Harris realise staying here for a good few years more will help them progress.

andy1875
29-05-2013, 06:09 PM

Good shout BH, mind him as a decent RB, we put him at centre half and that was him. Injury or two later. Hibs career done.

blackpoolhibs
29-05-2013, 06:13 PM
Good shout BH, mind him as a decent RB, we put him at centre half and that was him. Injury or two later. Hibs career done.

I thought the lad might have a chance in the game at Hibs, but it was not to be.

Steviethebear
29-05-2013, 06:23 PM
http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11792/8670640/Scottish-Premier-League-Jordon-Forster-to-put-pen-to-paper-for-Hibernian

OP is old news he signed a new deal before his debut??

Haymaker
29-05-2013, 06:25 PM
http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11792/8670640/Scottish-Premier-League-Jordon-Forster-to-put-pen-to-paper-for-Hibernian

OP is old news he signed a new deal before his debut??

It keeps coming up saying he is out of contract when he is not.

BEEJ
29-05-2013, 06:33 PM
Will still be with Hibs next year :thumbsup:

Thanks for starting a thread on this and for posting the link. :aok:

Pesumably this is Jordon clarifying his position following his name appearing on the STV listing this morning of 99 SPL players who will be out of contract at the end of this season?! :confused:

Frankly, as any other scenario other than Forster being at ER next season would have been unthinkable, I'll put this down in the 'reassuring news' rather than 'great news' category. :wink:

And why can't the official site get on top of this and announce that the likes of Forster and Harris have been signed on extended contracts? We have so much potential good news for the support and heartening stories to feature as the club prepare for next season.

But the ER PR machine fails again. :cb

Andy74
29-05-2013, 06:37 PM
Thanks for starting a thread on this and for posting the link. :aok:

Pesumably this is Jordon clarifying his position following his name appearing on the STV listing this morning of 99 SPL players who will be out of contract at the end of this season?! :confused:

Frankly, as any other scenario other than Forster being at ER next season would have been unthinkable, I'll put this down in the 'reassuring news' rather than 'great news' category. :wink:

And why can't the official site get on top of this and announce that the likes of Forster and Harris have been signed on extended contracts? We have so much potential good news for the support and heartening stories to feature as the club prepare for next season.

But the ER PR machine fails again. :cb

I don't think we tend to comment on youth players contracts until they are first team players and looks like there haven't been any new contracts for these guys since they came into the team.

BEEJ
29-05-2013, 06:46 PM
I don't think we tend to comment on youth players contracts until they are first team players and looks like there haven't been any new contracts for these guys since they came into the team.
Well the club have commented in the past - e.g. checkout the official website of 4 May 2012 where a news item talks about a quintet signing new contracts, from recollection not all of them, if any, were senior contracts.

But in any case, I would be utterly gobsmacked if both Forster and Harris haven't earned the right to graduate to full professional contracts with the club based on their recent performances. :confused: Other clubs will certainly consider them worthy of such a status and will be sniffing around accordingly.

Mr White
29-05-2013, 07:39 PM

Steven tweed. We're over due a good homegrown centre half!

Jonnyboy
29-05-2013, 07:41 PM
Well the club have commented in the past - e.g. checkout the official website of 4 May 2012 where a news item talks about a quintet signing new contracts, from recollection not all of them, if any, were senior contracts.

But in any case, I would be utterly gobsmacked if both Forster and Harris haven't earned the right to graduate to full professional contracts with the club based on their recent performances. :confused: Other clubs will certainly consider them worthy of such a status and will be sniffing around accordingly.

:top marks

leither17
29-05-2013, 07:45 PM

Baillie not get a bad injury then become a journo?

hibs4thecup1988
29-05-2013, 08:06 PM
Sure Jonathan baillie was either his back or knee?

DH1875
29-05-2013, 08:08 PM
If he starts the first five games next season like he finished this id be giving him another 3 straight away

If he starts the first five like the way he finished, he'll be off by Christmas :worried::worried:

poolman
29-05-2013, 08:27 PM

Must ask John Collins

Frogga
29-05-2013, 08:45 PM

Darren McCormack too!

TomoHFC
29-05-2013, 09:31 PM
Get in there:jmcp:

oconnors_strip
29-05-2013, 09:34 PM

baillie had a very back back and after a few ops he decided to retire and become a journalist, he played for troon for a while in 2009/10.

Darren McCormack too!

playing regularly at east fife

Billychaotic182
29-05-2013, 10:03 PM
The young lad Moyes?

oconnors_strip
29-05-2013, 10:05 PM
The young lad Moyes?

now at brechin

essexhibee
29-05-2013, 11:54 PM
I think Forster could have a big future ahead at the club. Absolutely breezed through the games he's played since coming in and IMO was comfortable in the cup final. Yes we conceded three goals however not sure any were his fault?

If the rumours of McPakes back issue are true then he could become the long term centre half in the team in the future.

macd123
30-05-2013, 12:41 AM
Kirk broadfoot

RIP Bestie
30-05-2013, 01:49 AM
I think Forster could have a big future ahead at the club. Absolutely breezed through the games he's played since coming in and IMO was comfortable in the cup final. Yes we conceded three goals however not sure any were his fault?

If the rumours of McPakes back issue are true then he could become the long term centre half in the team in the future.

Would like to see Forster and McGivern as the C H pairing next season.

AlbertK86
30-05-2013, 05:29 AM
Would like to see Forster and McGivern as the C H pairing next season.

Totally agree mentioned this in another thread a couple of days ago

KWJ
30-05-2013, 09:01 AM
Mark Dempsie looked the part but I think it was back problems that curtailed his career too. I mind his wee brother playing at right back v St. Johnstone one day, liked the look of him but he never got another shot, don't think he went to another club either. Allan I think it was. In the Jay Shields mould, where's he these days? Thanks for the tackle on Hartley.

Cocaine&Caviar
30-05-2013, 11:32 AM
Anyone know how Donaldson (Hibs) got ahead of Forster for the Scotland U20 selection???

Greentinted
30-05-2013, 07:12 PM
Mark Dempsie looked the part but I think it was back problems that curtailed his career too. I mind his wee brother playing at right back v St. Johnstone one day, liked the look of him but he never got another shot, don't think he went to another club either. Allan I think it was. In the Jay Shields mould, where's he these days? Thanks for the tackle on Hartley.

Last heard of at Bo'ness United after slipping down the leagues IIRC.