PDA

View Full Version : I left at 2 nil.... why is this a big deal?!

DanHFC1875
29-05-2013, 03:44 PM
Just wondered why some folk think this is a big deal......????
No I don't just turn up for the 'Big Games'.... As is often suggested if you are totally gutted and know the craic, when for instance you're team are getting pumped by Celtic in a Final. Fair play to anyone and everyone that did stay.
P.S. Stayed to the Bitter end against Falkirk, could see a glimmer of hope against them at 3 nil.

Thoughts are welcome.

:confused:

down-the-slope
29-05-2013, 03:47 PM
its not a big deal - but as you have started a thread about it you must think it is :rolleyes:

DanHFC1875
29-05-2013, 03:49 PM
I started a thread about it due to a few people saying it is. I was just looking to see what the general consensus is. I think Hibs are a big deal ;)

JDHibs
29-05-2013, 03:51 PM
Staying until the end and listening to the fans outsing celtic and there party was an amazing experience! Should always stay till the end, the players done them self proud and deserved the support at the end!

hibs4thecup1988
29-05-2013, 03:53 PM
Not a supporter in my eyes.

You missed an amazing day. Imagine if we had come back.

I've never left early and after the semi final I cannot understand anyone that would...especially after 29 minutes of a cup final.

Each to their own though

DanHFC1875
29-05-2013, 03:54 PM
Fair point, Hibs fans were great, I was there to see us win, realised it wasn't going to happen and headed for the hills.

Liams
29-05-2013, 03:56 PM
The storeman at my work told me he left before ht and then went on about slagging the team sayin they were useless even thou he didnt see the full game.. Nearly bit his head of with anger when he started chatting pure toffee to other various fans saying we had no heart,bite and was worst than last year!

PeeJay
29-05-2013, 03:57 PM
I started a thread about it due to a few people saying it is. I was just looking to see what the general consensus is. I think Hibs are a big deal ;)

How can you be totally gutted at 2-0 and leave the stadium?? FWIW - I stayed with many others back in the 70s when the score was 6-1, mind you when the sixth went in, I was beginning to have doubts we could still swing it ...:greengrin

CallumLaidlaw
29-05-2013, 03:58 PM
Fair point, Hibs fans were great, I was there to see us win, realised it wasn't going to happen and headed for the hills.

There's the difference. I was there to support my team

marinello59
29-05-2013, 03:59 PM
It's down to personal choice so it is no big deal. The singing at the end was superb but it was still a sore defeat to handle. How anybody does that is totally up to them.

DanHFC1875
29-05-2013, 04:00 PM
How can you be totally gutted at 2-0 and leave the stadium?? FWIW - I stayed with many others back in the 70s when the score was 6-1, mind you when the sixth went in, I was beginning to have doubts we could still swing it ...:greengrin

Lol fair enough, I'm not criticising the team, the manager, or any other fans. I paid my money, I thought we'd get pumped and did a bolt. lol

hibs4thecup1988
There's the difference. I was there to support my team

Correct.

The OP cannot go every week otherwise he would be in the pub by half time most weeks :greengrin:

Brooster
I think you would've been better giving your ticket to someone who was gonna support the team better than you did.

Gus Fring
29-05-2013, 04:02 PM
Personally I have never and would never leave before the final whistle. I've made my way to be near an exit in an effort to be one of the first out but this is logistical (and rare).

I pay to watch Hibs play football not just to win. I'd have been absolutely gutted to have missed a comeback of Semi Final proportions on Sunday and it wasn't until the 3rd goal went in so that I actually felt Celtic killed the game off for us.

I don't judge fellow fans and I see no consensus on where the line is drawn. Do we start judging fans who only attend home games? Who aren't wearing scarves or that seasons replica top? How about people who pay Adult prices, are they better than those who pay student prices? Where does it stop?

Personally, I'm sick and tired of this ridiculous class system within our support. I respect that people pay their money and they are entitled to do as they please as long as it's not illegal or purposefully ruining someone elses enjoyment of the game.

Just one mans opinion

DanHFC1875
29-05-2013, 04:05 PM
I think you would've been better giving your ticket to someone who was gonna support the team better than you did.

LOL all very amusing. I just didn't feel it and left didn't ask you all to come with me.

Beefster
29-05-2013, 04:05 PM
Not a supporter in my eyes.

Even if he goes to more games than you and pumps more money into the club?

PeterboroHibee
29-05-2013, 04:08 PM
Its everyones choice how long they stay, but I found it a little embarrassing people storming out at 2-0. Whats the point in going in the first place if you are going to leave that early just because we are 2 goals down?

Im not sure how many people missed out on tickets but I read about a number of people on here who didnt get tickets, chances are they would have been better with the tickets instead of those who walked out.

Brooster
29-05-2013, 04:08 PM
You seem to be quite chuffed with yourself.

hibs4thecup1988
29-05-2013, 04:09 PM
But he isn't there to SUPPORT the team. He is a fan in my view. Fans can change their ways turn up when they want and go when they want.

Supporters are the ones who stick at it through thick and thin.

DanHFC1875
29-05-2013, 04:14 PM
Personally I have never and would never leave before the final whistle. I've made my way to be near an exit in an effort to be one of the first out but this is logistical (and rare).

I pay to watch Hibs play football not just to win. I'd have been absolutely gutted to have missed a comeback of Semi Final proportions on Sunday and it wasn't until the 3rd goal went in so that I actually felt Celtic killed the game off for us.

I don't judge fellow fans and I see no consensus on where the line is drawn. Do we start judging fans who only attend home games? Who aren't wearing scarves or that seasons replica top? How about people who pay Adult prices, are they better than those who pay student prices? Where does it stop?

Personally, I'm sick and tired of this ridiculous class system within our support. I respect that people pay their money and they are entitled to do as they please as long as it's not illegal or purposefully ruining someone elses enjoyment of the game.

Just one mans opinion

Well said that man, I think this post has clearly highlighted how judgMENTAL some of our support, which includes me might I add, are. Do I need to make a list of every game I've been to, whether I was there until the end or not. On this occassion for whatever reason, I did a bolt to the boozer.
Apologies for wanting to see Hibs win the cup. This does not mean I don't want to see hibs play football.

DanHFC1875
29-05-2013, 04:18 PM
But he isn't there to SUPPORT the team. He is a fan in my view. Fans can change their ways turn up when they want and go when they want.

I've been sat there at the end before almost on my own when we've been horsed. Oh sorry you were probably there too. Is fine If I'm not a supporter in your eyes. You are taking this one game into account. How about if you left last year..... Are they not supporters anymore in your eyes either?

How do I qualify to be part of your exclusive club?

Wotherspiniesta
29-05-2013, 04:21 PM
Pathetic, defeatist attitude to leave a football game 30 minutes in. Even worse considering it was only 2-0.

Waxy
29-05-2013, 04:21 PM
No I don't just turn up for the 'Big Games'.... As is often suggested if you are totally gutted and know the craic, when for instance you're team are getting pumped by Celtic in a Final. Fair play to anyone and everyone that did stay.
P.S. Stayed to the Bitter end against Falkirk, could see a glimmer of hope against them at 3 nil.

Thoughts are welcome.

:confused:Because it might be another 25 years before we get to another Scottish cup final?

hibs4thecup1988
29-05-2013, 04:22 PM
Not any exclusive club I'm afraid.

As I've said earlier I've never left a ga,e early and after the semi-final I really can't quite fathom out why anyone else would.

As I said though...each to their own

DanHFC1875
29-05-2013, 04:23 PM
Pathetic, defeatist attitude to leave a football game 30 minutes in. Even worse considering it was only 2-0.

I keep hearing 30 mins, I left when it was 2 nil. Where does the 30 mins come from. Think about that one.

hibs4thecup1988
29-05-2013, 04:24 PM

That's what gets me. 2-0 is a very dangerous score in soccer. Imagine if Griffiths had went down in the box...Forster off penalty scored. Whole new game.

Beefster

If he pays Hibs his hard-earned cash to attend games, he's a supporter.

PeeKay
If you left early then it was your loss. The atmosphere for the last 15min, and after the final whistle, was electric and I would have missed it for the world.

hibs4thecup1988
29-05-2013, 04:25 PM
I keep hearing 30 mins, I left when it was 2 nil. Where does the 30 mins come from. Think about that one.

Because it was 2-0 at 30 minutes. You now going ti say you left after 80 minutes?

DanHFC1875
Ledley scored the 3rd goal in 80 mins. it was 2 nil for rather a long time..... but I suppose you can run with whatever you wish.

VickMackie
I left at 2-0 in the semi and stayed til about 88 mins of the final.

Mon Dieu4
That's what gets me. 2-0 is a very dangerous score in soccer. Imagine if Griffiths had went down in the box...Forster off penalty scored. Whole new game.

Calling Fitba "soccer" is worse than leaving early in my book

offshorehibby
29-05-2013, 04:26 PM
I'll admit i've left before the before the final whistle before and probably will again but at 2-0 in a cup final there's always that hope we'll pull one back and the game changes.
last year i left at 4 this year was there till final whistle, next year i'll be there watching us lift the cup.

Steve20
29-05-2013, 04:27 PM
I left when it went to 3-0. To be fair to the OP, it was pretty much over at 2-0 as we didn't create much to even look like scoring.

frazeHFC
29-05-2013, 04:28 PM
I started to leave at 2-0 they gotnthe 3rd as i got up the stairs. Been to most home ganes and about 12/13 away games. Doesnt make anyone less of a fan, too much drink and frustration just led to being a bit fed up at the time.

Wotherspiniesta
29-05-2013, 04:28 PM

Still doesn't change the fact that it's a very defeatist attitude.

Please tell us Dan, since you're intent on getting all the attention you can...

What minute did you leave?

One Day Soon
29-05-2013, 04:29 PM

Thoughts are welcome.

Trolltastic

HFC 0-7
29-05-2013, 04:29 PM
The OP may not have left as soon as the second goal went in, he may have left at 79 minutes when it was still 2 nil.

I think people need to give it a rest on the uber fan stuff, think what you want about the people that leave early when its clear we wont win, fact is it happens every week at hibs if we are getting beat by a couple of goals and no hope. Hibs needs every paying customer, simple as that. if we only open our doors to the uber fans then we just wont get the money in.

I left when the 3rd went in as did a lot of other people. If you want to have a go at anyone, have a go at the people that stay till the bitter end when we are getting beat hurling abuse at the closest player.

Beefster
29-05-2013, 04:30 PM
Still doesn't change the fact that it's a very defeatist attitude.

Please tell us Dan, since you're intent on getting all the attention you can...

What minute did you leave?

Is it better to go to every game and leave early when you consider that we're beaten or not go to every game?

Lucius Apuleius
29-05-2013, 04:31 PM
Not quite seeing the point of starting this thread to be honest. You paid your money, leave when the **** you like. Who gives a ****?

The Leith Dutch
29-05-2013, 04:33 PM
Folk pay their money and are entitled to do and say what they want (up to a certain point such as racist nonsense and the like).

Personally I would like to see less of folk leaving before the end and folk shouting abuse at players during a game - up to you whether that's what you want to do but whether you're there to support the team or there because you want to see the team win I can pretty much guarantee you that neither of those things help.

There are a lot of folk - and I'm not suggesting the OP is guilty of this - that are more than happy to rip into a player about not looking like they care who are leaving before the end of games at ER when we're one down or drawing.

Were I to be a Hibs player that would look to me like a someone who doesn't really care that much what happens which would, humans being what they are, affect my motivation to care that much what happens.

Pete
29-05-2013, 04:35 PM
Tyrannosaurus roll.

ggth
29-05-2013, 04:36 PM

Thoughts are welcome.

your entitled to stay as long as you want, I would ignore the happy clappers, who turned up for a party rather than a WIN.......

hibs4thecup1988
The OP may not have left as soon as the second goal went in, he may have left at 79 minutes when it was still 2 nil.

I think people need to give it a rest on the uber fan stuff, think what you want about the people that leave early when its clear we wont win, fact is it happens every week at hibs if we are getting beat by a couple of goals and no hope. Hibs needs every paying customer, simple as that. if we only open our doors to the uber fans then we just wont get the money in.

I left when the 3rd went in as did a lot of other people. If you want to have a go at anyone, have a go at the people that stay till the bitter end when we are getting beat hurling abuse at the closest player.

Hardly "a lot" of fans left. I'd say 98% of our fans stayed. I'm delighted I stayed. Myself my son and my 2 friends came out upbeat. Think if I'd left after 2-0/3-0 if be feeling pretty down about the whole day

Beefster
You paid your money, leave when the **** you like. Who gives a ****?

It's mental. Inevitably, on these 'leaving early' threads, you get folk who don't even go to that many games criticising folk for leaving games early.

DanHFC1875
It's down to personal choice so it is no big deal. The singing at the end was superb but it was still a sore defeat to handle. How anybody does that is totally up to them.

This is what I think and kinda what I wanted to hear. Any other views however are fine.everyone is entitled to their opinion. Yes I couldnae take it and left.

Beefster
29-05-2013, 04:37 PM
Hardly "a lot" of fans left. I'd say 98% of our fans stayed. I'm delighted I stayed. Myself my son and my 2 friends came out upbeat. Think if I'd left after 2-0/3-0 if be feeling pretty down about the whole day

I stayed until after the final whistle. I felt pretty down about the whole day because we'd just been beaten 3-0 in a Scottish Cup final.

Kojock
29-05-2013, 04:37 PM

Thoughts are welcome.

It's not big and it's not clever and if you we're my child you would be sent to bed without supper. But you know what at the end of the day nobody cares.

Wotherspiniesta
29-05-2013, 04:38 PM
Is it better to go to every game and leave early when you consider that we're beaten or not go to every game?

So because someone's been to more games than someone else that gives them a better indication of when the teams beaten? Dan said that he stayed til the end until the Falkirk game. I would have said after that first half against Falkirk we looked more likely to concede another than score the next. Football's a funny game and goals change games. If we'd have scored a goal anytime before Celtic got their 3rd, the place would have erupted and Celtic might have buckled.

BTW Beefster: Is this not considered progress? : The Capital club having claimed 19 more points than in the previous season, finishing seventh, reaching the Scottish Cup final for the second year in succession and, in doing so, earning a place in the Europa League.

DanHFC1875
29-05-2013, 04:40 PM
Not quite seeing the point of starting this thread to be honest. You paid your money, leave when the **** you like. Who gives a ****?

Good point, boredom at work and one too many comments will do that to you. I'll be supporting Hibs as usual next season

One Day Soon
29-05-2013, 04:43 PM
So because someone's been to more games than someone else that gives them a better indication of when the teams beaten? Dan said that he stayed til the end until the Falkirk game. I would have said after that first half against Falkirk we looked more likely to concede another than score the next. Football's a funny game and goals change games. If we'd have scored a goal anytime before Celtic got their 3rd, the place would have erupted and Celtic might have buckled.

BTW Beefster: Is this not considered progress? : The Capital club having claimed 19 more points than in the previous season, finishing seventh, reaching the Scottish Cup final for the second year in succession and, in doing so, earning a place in the Europa League.

That positivity will get you in bother on here.

iwasthere1972
29-05-2013, 04:44 PM

Thoughts are welcome.

Why bother going in the first place. Your ticket would have been better going to someone who stays to the bitter end. Imagine if we all buggered off in time to catch the 16.05 train from Mount Florida to Glasgow Central.

I just don't get this leaving that early. All very well if only 5 or 10 minutes to go but that early. It baffles me.

Devilstorment
29-05-2013, 04:44 PM
I guess there are 2 thoughts

1 - Hibs get your money either way, so leaving at 10,45 or 90 minutes doesn't matter in terms of fiscal support. (I have a season ticket but dont make every game Hibs still get my money but you could argue that I am letting the team down by not being their to support them)

2 - Is it "right" for you to only support your team when the going is good? As a supporter should we not, if anything, make more of an effort when we are behind?

Its a balance act, generally speaking more transactional/logical minded people will plump for option 1 "I have paid my money I can do what I like"

I dont think there is an answer that will satisfy everyone.

Personally I stay to the end no matter the result (except when i HAVE to leave due to travel commitments)

Viva_Palmeiras
29-05-2013, 04:46 PM
Well said that man, I think this post has clearly highlighted how judgMENTAL some of our support, which includes me might I add, are. Do I need to make a list of every game I've been to, whether I was there until the end or not. On this occassion for whatever reason, I did a bolt to the boozer.
Apologies for wanting to see Hibs win the cup. This does not mean I don't want to see hibs play football.

Do you think Churchill had a decent point on adversity "when you're going through hell bolt"?

Curly1875
29-05-2013, 04:50 PM
If the falkirk games is anything to go by I'd have thought that fans would think twice about leaving before half time. Albeit Celtic are a much stronger opponent but at 2-0 we still could've been very much in the game if we grabbed a goal. Imagine getting back home to find you'd missed out on hibs winning the cup for the first time in 112 years, it'd be gutting to say you weren't there cause you left after about half an hour into the game. I just don't understand why someone would leave tbh.

MyJo
29-05-2013, 04:52 PM
I feel sorry for anyone who left @ halftime in the semi final and at any point before the 80th minute of the final because watching the 2nd half comeback against falkirk and being part of the crowd at the end of the final have been two of the best experiences i've had as a hibs fan.

DanHFC1875
29-05-2013, 04:54 PM
Because it was 2-0 at 30 minutes. You now going ti say you left after 80 minutes?

As much as you might like me to no. I left with my bro during half time. We're both Hibs supporters btw.

The Leith Dutch
29-05-2013, 04:55 PM
I feel sorry for anyone who left @ halftime in the semi final and at any point before the 80th minute of the final because watching the 2nd half comeback against falkirk and being part of the crowd at the end of the final have been two of the best experiences i've had as a hibs fan.

:agree:

PISTOL1875
29-05-2013, 04:57 PM

Thoughts are welcome.

In all fairness mate , you are entitled to leave when you want.. I wasn't bothered about all the singing at the end , how we outsung the Celtic supporters at the end and all the back slapping we have had to read over the press since Sunday.. The most important thing that matters to me is the result and we all know about football is all about results and nothing else.

DanHFC1875
29-05-2013, 04:58 PM
If the falkirk games is anything to go by I'd have thought that fans would think twice about leaving before half time. Albeit Celtic are a much stronger opponent but at 2-0 we still could've been very much in the game if we grabbed a goal. Imagine getting back home to find you'd missed out on hibs winning the cup for the first time in 112 years, it'd be gutting to say you weren't there cause you left after about half an hour into the game. I just don't understand why someone would leave tbh.

I'm glad everyone who stayed, did stay. I thought they'd get 3 or 4 and left. Could just see it coming. I know it's not a big deal I left. Just wanted to see what other thought. Folk saying I'm not a real supporter etc, is fine. Entitled to there opinion. I just disagree.

DanHFC1875
29-05-2013, 05:01 PM
In all fairness mate , you are entitled to leave when you want.. I wasn't bothered about all the singing at the end , how we outsung the Celtic supporters at the end and all the back slapping we have had to read over the press since Sunday.. The most important thing that matters to me is the result and we all know about football is all about results and nothing else.

Would have to agree that is the bottom line. Will not deter me in future though.

hibee_nation
29-05-2013, 05:04 PM

Thoughts are welcome.

Look at me, look at me:yawn2::loser:

Devilstorment
29-05-2013, 05:09 PM

which I guess begs the question why you dont follow Celtic instead of Hibs..... They will be much more likely to get you results

All fans naturally crave results and success however other than for Celtic fans, other things must matter or they wouldnt follow their team!

Scònaldò
29-05-2013, 05:10 PM
I guess there are 2 thoughts

1 - Hibs get your money either way, so leaving at 10,45 or 90 minutes doesn't matter in terms of fiscal support. (I have a season ticket but dont make every game Hibs still get my money but you could argue that I am letting the team down by not being their to support them)

2 - Is it "right" for you to only support your team when the going is good? As a supporter should we not, if anything, make more of an effort when we are behind?

Its a balance act, generally speaking more transactional/logical minded people will plump for option 1 "I have paid my money I can do what I like"

I dont think there is an answer that will satisfy everyone.

Personally I stay to the end no matter the result (except when i HAVE to leave due to travel commitments)

Ditto, must be an über fan thing :cb

PISTOL1875
29-05-2013, 05:15 PM
which I guess begs the question why you dont follow Celtic instead of Hibs..... They will be much more likely to get you results

All fans naturally crave results and success however other than for Celtic fans, other things must matter or they wouldnt follow their team!

If you wanna jump about and sing at the top of your voice after yet ANOTHER mediocre cup final peformance which resulted in a 3-0 defeat then you go mate.. I don't understand why anybody would want to glorify failure..

NAE NOOKIE
29-05-2013, 05:15 PM
Bugs the hell out of me folk leaving when we are getting beaten. But hey ... if you are rushing home to wash your Hibs top & scarf so that you will be in tip top condition for the next home game then cool. Its not leaving before the end, its not coming back that will hurt the club.

After last year it was utterly brilliant to be part of the vast majority of Hibs fans who stayed till the bitter end, not just to applaud the players, but to stick 2 fingers up to the cellic, the BBC, SKY and assorted Yams tuning in. As good a show of stoic defiance as you will ever see from a group of fans anywhere.

Football is as much about the supporters as it is about the players, and if your club cant be admired on the pitch you can at least do your bit to ensure it is admired off it. By out singing the self proclaimed best fans in the world after a 3 - 0 loss to them I think we gained some respect from assorted fans of other clubs who were watching that game.

One Day Soon
29-05-2013, 05:17 PM
If you wanna jump about and sing at the top of your voice after yet ANOTHER mediocre cup final peformance which resulted in a 3-0 defeat then you go mate.. I don't understand why anybody would want to glorify failure..

FACE and PALM

Scottie
29-05-2013, 05:21 PM
Bugs the hell out of me folk leaving when we are getting beaten. But hey ... if you are rushing home to wash your Hibs top & scarf so that you will be in tip top condition for the next home game then cool. Its not leaving before the end, its not coming back that will hurt the club.

After last year it was utterly brilliant to be part of the vast majority of Hibs fans who stayed till the bitter end, not just to applaud the players, but to stick 2 fingers up to the cellic, the BBC, SKY and assorted Yams tuning in. As good a show of stoic defiance as you will ever see from a group of fans anywhere.

Football is as much about the supporters as it is about the players, and if your club cant be admired on the pitch you can at least do your bit to ensure it is admired off it. By out singing the self proclaimed best fans in the world after a 3 - 0 loss to them I think we gained some respect from assorted fans of other clubs who were watching that game.

Even though your frae Gala i've got to agree with everything in your post :greengrin

NAE NOOKIE
29-05-2013, 05:22 PM

I dont think that was the intention Pistol, can there be a Hibs fan out there who didnt think we could have played better or put in a bigger effort ... probably not. If people do think the fans were trying to glorify failure they missed the point,

jeffers
29-05-2013, 05:22 PM
Each to their own. I've left games early and will do so again in future I'm sure. I stayed 'til the final whistle on Sunday but would quite happily have left when the third went in.

A bit tongue in cheek here, but while we are discussing fans who leave early what about the ones that arrive late:grr:And don't get me started on scarf chuckers......

GGTTH07
29-05-2013, 05:23 PM

Thoughts are welcome.

I personally don't think it's that bad. I left at 3 nil because I am a shocking loser and just lose the rag. Same goes for the final last year left at 4-1 as I couldn't bare watch the animals celebrate.. Too many on here think you're no a fan because you leave a game early yet go week in week out. :rolleyes:

Devilstorment
29-05-2013, 05:28 PM

But that wasnt what happened.

When fans were singing we will support you evermore, it wasn't because we were happy with the result. It was to tell the team that we are still behind them. Losing is not acceptable, but we will still be behind them. We didnt win the cup but we are still behind them.

Again as I said before, if you support Hibs only for the results, then sorry mate you are following the wrong team because we will never be in a position that we will CONSISTENTLY win every game. As daft and defeatist as that may sound, I am loyal to hibs because I want to see them do well, not because i expect them to.

down-the-slope
29-05-2013, 05:31 PM
Blimey....I thought when replied first to post that this fishing trip was sure to draw a blank......looks like its been 'tight lines' ever since....

so to join in....what about those who didn't hold up their allocated display cards...does staying to the end exonerate them :confused:

The Falcon
29-05-2013, 05:37 PM
Blimey....I thought when replied first to post that this fishing trip was sure to draw a blank......looks like its been 'tight lines' ever since....

so to join in....what about those who didn't hold up their allocated display cards...does staying to the end exonerate them :confused:

What about the folk that held them up the wrong way round? Shootings too good..........

I also wonder if folk who who are so critical of Hibs performances apply the same criteria to other aspects of their life?

Speedy
29-05-2013, 05:41 PM

Thoughts are welcome.

Ideally people would stay and back the team but I'd rather people left than stayed and booed.

Devilstorment
29-05-2013, 05:47 PM
What about the folk that held them up the wrong way round? Shootings too good..........

I also wonder if folk who who are so critical of Hibs performances apply the same criteria to other aspects of their life?

I was thinking the Chair for them and Lethal injection for people who arrive late

MyJo
29-05-2013, 05:49 PM

Reaching successive scottish cup finals to be beaten by a team who spend 6 times more than us a year in wages and have paid out roughly £12m in transfer fees building their squad is nothing to be ashamed of.

And the fans who stayed and sung until the end were not "glorifying failure" or celebrating getting beaten, we were celebrating being hibees.

Jpdhfc
29-05-2013, 05:57 PM
You're money you're choice personally I stayed to the end and loved it

Bristolhibby
29-05-2013, 06:04 PM
I left at 3-0.

No regrets at all.

Wasn't hanging around to see them lift the cup.

J

Kojock
29-05-2013, 06:08 PM
I left at 3-0.

No regrets at all.

Wasn't hanging around to see them lift the cup.

J

Everybody left at 3-0 including Smeltic fans.

iwasthere1972
29-05-2013, 06:15 PM
Everybody left at 3-0 including Smeltic fans.

:greengrin

Benny Brazil
29-05-2013, 06:16 PM
I'm glad everyone who stayed, did stay. I thought they'd get 3 or 4 and left. Could just see it coming. I know it's not a big deal I left. Just wanted to see what other thought. Folk saying I'm not a real supporter etc, is fine. Entitled to there opinion. I just disagree.

If you disagree with others opinions why start the thread in the first place?
Your obviously comfortable with your decision so you don't really need anyone else to say you were right or wrong.

Waxy
29-05-2013, 06:19 PM
Just a quick thought.
Funny how we the only time we see over 20,000 Hibbys is when we're in Glasgow.
Never in Edinburgh.
Seems very wrong.

NAE NOOKIE
29-05-2013, 07:15 PM
Just a quick thought.
Never in Edinburgh.
Seems very wrong.

Brilliant :agree:

sven nil
29-05-2013, 07:23 PM

mate ,i sung and jumped about at the end because i thought my team deserved it ,you know, for putting hearts,aberdeen killie(what a day out that was),falkirk we will all remember that game out. although the final was flat overall the compitition they exelled for me.

DanHFC1875
29-05-2013, 07:24 PM
If you disagree with others opinions why start the thread in the first place?
Your obviously comfortable with your decision so you don't really need anyone else to say you were right or wrong.

Because a forum is for opinions. You can agree or disagree. I respect other peoples opinion as they are entitled to it. I genuinely wondered what people thought.

hibs4thecup1988
29-05-2013, 07:43 PM
mate ,i sung and jumped about at the end because i thought my team deserved it ,you know, for putting hearts,aberdeen killie(what a day out that was),falkirk we will all remember that game out. although the final was flat overall the compitition they exelled for me.

100% agree.

At half time in the Falkirk game the final would have been a massive bonus.

As for someone saying they felt gutted at ft I think I worded it wrong. I think if I'd left and not experienced what I did then I'd have felt more gutted.

But through tears I managed to sing the full repertoire of songs.

Corstorphine Hibby
29-05-2013, 08:09 PM
Because a forum is for opinions. You can agree or disagree. I respect other peoples opinion as they are entitled to it. I genuinely wondered what people thought.

In my opinion leaving at 2-0 is a disgrace, but not nearly as disgraceful as your avatar claiming that
Birchwood is in Corstorphine. It's in Clerwood. Get it changed.

poolman
29-05-2013, 08:15 PM

Thoughts are welcome.

If you don't know you never will

The Green Goblin
29-05-2013, 08:48 PM
Your call to support the team as much and for as long as you see fit.

I always have a wee chuckle when I think about all those City fans who left before the 2nd and 3rd goals which won them the championship, hearing the stadium erupting and being barred by the polis and stewards from turning around and coming back in. "Supporters"? Hmmm...

I wonder if any Man U fans left on 89 minutes in the CL final in 1999 because they were giving it "ach, we've lost, we're pish" etc.

Personally, if I'm lucky enough to see Hibs at a game, I savour every minute of it as best I can from start to the very end, cos the game ends when the full time whistle goes, not when the score happens to be against us.

If everyone had left after 2-0, there wouldn't have been that fabulous show of singing support and defiance towards the end, and from what friends have told me, that was the day's defining moment; the fact that we put them to shame on the terraces.

As others have said though, each to his/her own.

DanHFC1875
29-05-2013, 08:53 PM
In my opinion leaving at 2-0 is a disgrace, but not nearly as disgraceful as your avatar claiming that
Birchwood is in Corstorphine. It's in Clerwood. Get it changed.

Haha. Lol well it appears I'm a total disgrace. Night all

Viva_Palmeiras
29-05-2013, 08:56 PM
Just a quick thought.
Never in Edinburgh.
Seems very wrong.

Did you miss out on the Skol Cup and CIS cup parades?

clerriehibs
29-05-2013, 08:57 PM

Are you sure? Might it be that you think Hibs winning is a big deal? If Hibs are losing, it seems that it isn't worth your time to watch them.

iwasthere1972
29-05-2013, 08:59 PM

Leaving early again. :hnet:

Jonnyboy
29-05-2013, 09:02 PM
Leaving early again. :hnet:

:tee hee:

clerriehibs
29-05-2013, 09:03 PM
Just a quick thought.
Never in Edinburgh.
Seems very wrong.

v Barcelona?

Or do you just mean proper games? In which case, it will never happen (again) ... unless we increase the capacity of the Leith San Siro.

Waxy
29-05-2013, 09:07 PM
Did you miss out on the Skol Cup and CIS cup parades?You know what i meant.And i suppose there's over 20,000 Hibbys in Edinburgh right now anyway, just not watching Hibs.

monktonharp
29-05-2013, 09:07 PM
I just didn't feel it and left didn't ask you all to come with me.all very amusing:rolleyes:

DanHFC1875
29-05-2013, 09:08 PM
Are you sure? Might it be that you think Hibs winning is a big deal? If Hibs are losing, it seems that it isn't worth your time to watch them.

Not on this occassion nope. Glad I missed the third goal. Glad I left. Would probably usualy be quite critical. Winning the scottish cup is a big deal, getting pumped in the final not enjoyable in my book.

monktonharp
29-05-2013, 09:09 PM
Haha. Lol well it appears I'm a total disgrace. Night all admins, this guy should have been launched, a good while ago.

clerriehibs
29-05-2013, 09:16 PM
Not on this occassion nope. Glad I missed the third goal. Glad I left. Would probably usualy be quite critical. Winning the scottish cup is a big deal, getting pumped in the final not enjoyable in my book.

So Hibs aren't a big deal to you, then. Unless they're winning, of course.

monktonharp
29-05-2013, 09:21 PM
So Hibs aren't a big deal to you, then. Unless they're winning, of course.he obviously follows a big team, want's to be a winner everytime:wink:

One Day Soon
29-05-2013, 09:56 PM
The unified, passionate singing throughout the last twenty minutes and after the whistle was about one thing. It was a giant FAK YOU to everyone who thought we would crawl off and disappear after last year and to anyone who thinks that after 111 years we are going to be any less passionate about our club and the cup we want to win.

If you missed it for whatever reason - turned the telly off early, left early, got too pissed to appreciate it while it was happening - then I'm afraid you have made a bit of a turd of things.

The sensation was quite like - in fact almost the same as - when we realised that Mercer had been defeated and our club wouldn't die. We didn't win anything but we were united, defiant and strong.

monktonharp
29-05-2013, 10:02 PM
The unified, passionate singing throughout the last twenty minutes and after the whistle was about one thing. It was a giant FAK YOU to everyone who thought we would crawl off and disappear after last year and to anyone who thinks that after 111 years we are going to be any less passionate about our club and the cup we want to win.

If you missed it for whatever reason - turned the telly off early, left early, got too pissed to appreciate it while it was happening - then I'm afraid you have made a bit of a turd of things.

The sensation was quite like - in fact almost the same as - when we realised that Mercer had been defeated and our club wouldn't die. We didn't win anything but we were united, defiant and strong.summed up well , auld Kenny McLean would have been proud of the fans end performance!

FranckSuzy
29-05-2013, 10:47 PM

:top marks

FranckSuzy
29-05-2013, 10:49 PM

Bang on.

lEXO
29-05-2013, 11:40 PM

Thoughts are welcome.

:confused:It,s obviously a big deal to you. Your business no one elses. You bought your ticket, you can leave when you like.

hibs4thecup1988
29-05-2013, 11:59 PM

The sensation was quite like - in fact almost the same as - when we realised that Mercer had been defeated and our club wouldn't die. We didn't win anything but we were united, defiant and strong.

Spot on the money. 10/10

jgl07
30-05-2013, 02:34 AM

If that is what you want I would suggest you find another team.

You come across as a glory hunter. You will have a miserable time supporting Hibs.

hibbiedon
30-05-2013, 04:36 AM
I support Hibs, not just when they are winning. How could I turn my back on them and walk away, imagine if every Hibs fan had left after the second goal we would have been a laughing stock or even worse if the team had played like you support them and just shrugged their shoulders and gave up. I respect your right to watch Hibs when they are winning or when ever it suits you I suppose its easier to just like a team rather than to support them

hibbiedon
30-05-2013, 04:38 AM

:flag::flag:

Malthibby
30-05-2013, 08:08 AM

bigwheel
30-05-2013, 08:15 AM

You are not a disgrace ...but you are also not a Hibs supporter...

You may think they are your team...but they are not really...

The Sea-gull
30-05-2013, 08:26 AM
I don't get people who religiously stay till the end no matter what as if it gets them some kind of badge of honour or loyalty points or makes them a better fan. Having said that, it is their individual choice.

I don't get people who leave any game purely coz we are 2-0 down after 30 mins. Surely we have all watched enough football to know that at 2-0, no matter who is playing, there is always a chance of a come back even with the most minimal of time on the clock, never mind a full hour. Again though, this is the individual's choice.

Personally, when deciding to leave a game, I make a judgement based on the scoreline, how long there is left, the way the teams are playing and the importance of the game versus my need to get away to my car/bus/train.

Can't think of any times I have left a game we were winning or drawing early though have early left loads where we were being cuffed.

On Sunday, I stayed till the end. Felt there was a decent atmosphere and mood all things considered. Also as it was last game of the season, felt the players and management team deserved a show of support from us as an acknowledgement, not for their performances on Sunday as such as I was dissappointed (but not angry) about that but more as an acknowledgement that this season overall has been a hell of a lot better than the last two and signs of progress have been shown. At times the season just ended has been just as bad as previous years but you have to look at the overall picture and while things are still not great and far from where I think we should be, the stats stand up to signs of progress having been made.

I've booed, shouted and moaned at Hibs enough times over the last few years, personally I just felt Sunday was a time for some postive noise.

DaveF
30-05-2013, 08:29 AM
I don't get people who religiously stay till the end no matter what as if it gets them some kind of badge of honour or loyalty points or makes them a better fan.

I stayed to the bitter end of every home game Calderwood managed just so I could boo and shout abuse at the ******. It was the best part of the match under his tenure :greengrin

JimBHibees
30-05-2013, 08:55 AM

Great post it is exactly what that was about, we are still here, we are still getting to finals and will continue to do so. We arent defined by our Scottish cup record.

As it is I think the OP is a yam troll, at it.

Finbar
30-05-2013, 09:02 AM
Could never have left at 2-0. If we'd just got a goal back then we were right back in it. All I was hoping for was 5 or 10 minutes of hibs having a go at winning the cup at the end of the game.

basehibby
30-05-2013, 09:44 AM

Thoughts are welcome.

In the big scheme of things it's not the end of the world - we all have the right to do what we want of course - HOWEVER,

If you haven't the stomach to take defeat along with victory then you can hardly go criticising the character of the players on the pitch without sounding like a hypocrite.
If there had been (another) mother of all comebacks then all the fans who stayed to the end could justifiably claim to have been there and CONTRIBUTED to the victory with their support - while anyone who left early could rightly be mocked for turning tail when the going got tough.

I made a point after the semi of slagging off all the punters who left at 3-0 on here. Why? Because I genuinely thought that all the fans who stayed to back the team actually CONTRIBUTED to the momentum that saw us reach the final and the influence of the fans on football is often downplayed.

Of course it's not the end of the world and if people want to leave whenever it's their call - it's only a game of football after all. But with the game of football comes the banter so if you clear off at HT or whatever then you leave yourself open to getting yer leg pulled about it - if you can't handle that then stay to the end! :na na:

joe breezy
30-05-2013, 09:53 AM
I hate leaving early - I don't hate the people that do it as many of my best pals do but i think it's pointless.

It is a sign of defeat and I never feel defeated as a Hibs fan. They've been pretty poor since the mid 70s so watching them win certainly isn't the only reason I go.

Brightside
30-05-2013, 09:58 AM
If you are going to leave early - dont bother going at all. Imagine how it feels to be a player and watch your own fans leave early. Its the ultimate fair weather fans. Not Hibs Class.

Beefster
30-05-2013, 10:49 AM
You are not a disgrace ...but you are also not a Hibs supporter...

You may think they are your team...but they are not really...

Absolute guff.

bigwheel
30-05-2013, 11:00 AM
Absolute guff.

Thanks for the clarity of your input ...its so refreshing

Anyone who chose to leave at 2 nil , doesn't really care about Hibs. They have free choice of course ..they can do what they want...but they don't really care...even if they think they do ...

Beefster
30-05-2013, 11:42 AM
Thanks for the clarity of your input ...its so refreshing

Anyone who chose to leave at 2 nil , doesn't really care about Hibs. They have free choice of course ..they can do what they want...but they don't really care...even if they think they do ...

Right, someone has been a season ticket holder for years, follows the club through thick and thin and leaves a game early then they're not a Hibs supporter?

As I said, absolute guff.

bigwheel
30-05-2013, 11:44 AM
A game ? It was a Scottish Cup Final..where one goal would have put us right back in the game

You can have a season ticket , it doesn't make you a supporter ...

lord bunberry
30-05-2013, 11:54 AM
A game ? It was a Scottish Cup Final..where one goal would have put us right back in the game

And you can have an opinion, it doesn't make it right. Who are you to judge who is a proper supporter and who isn't, you may not agree with someone leaving early but that doesn't give you or anyone else on this thread the right to decide how someone should support their team. These threads are all the same, but I suspect that was the intention of the attention seeking op

bigwheel
30-05-2013, 11:58 AM
And you can have an opinion, it doesn't make it right. Who are you to judge who is a proper supporter and who isn't, you may not agree with someone leaving early but that doesn't give you or anyone else on this thread the right to decide how someone should support their team. These threads are all the same, but I suspect that was the intention of the attention seeking op

Someone leaving at the second goal asked for an opinion - that's what give me the right to have a view

I stand by it . You leave that early , you don't really care ...and it certainly isn't supporting the team

Beefster
30-05-2013, 11:59 AM

Hibs would disagree.

lord bunberry
30-05-2013, 12:00 PM
Someone leaving at the second goal asked for an opinion - that's what give me the right to have a view

I stand by it . You leave that early , you don't really care ...and it certainly isn't supporting the team

Not supporting the team on one occasion doesn't mean your not a supporter. If you miss a game does that mean your not a supporter either

bigwheel
30-05-2013, 12:07 PM
Not supporting the team on one occasion doesn't mean your not a supporter. If you miss a game does that mean your not a supporter either

And your point is ??.... for someone who feels no one has the right to have a view, it seems you are forming some views..

My reflections are purely about the OP and their actions - to me it is not the actions of someone supporting their team - frankly , I don't even think that point is up for debate

lord bunberry
30-05-2013, 12:17 PM
And your point is ??.... for someone who feels no one has the right to have a view, it seems you are forming some views..

My reflections are purely about the OP and their actions - to me it is not the actions of someone supporting their team - frankly , I don't even think that point is up for debate

You didn't answer my question, I agree someone walking out is not supporting their team, but you said someone who walks out is not a supporter even if they go to all the games and are st holders. I left last years final early and I left the semi final early but I stayed to the end on sunday.
I'm a season ticket holder and have been for years, I've followed hibs in europe, I go to as many away games as I can manage but according to you I'm not a supporter

The Sea-gull
30-05-2013, 12:21 PM

Suppose these kind of debates all come down to what people believe are definitions of a fan and a supporter. The two can be viewed as the same, with some over laps or completely different things.

I'd say that anyone who has a season ticket is very much a supporter. They support the club in terms of playing their part in giving over finance which helps the club operate.

Most season ticket holders are supporters and fans. Some may hold their ticket for work related reasons etc but not really be that bothered about the team or the results and they perhaps could be defined as supporters but not fans. They will be a very low minority though.

Man who never goes to games, never buys anything hibs related from the club but loves the hibs, feels the pain at hearing about defeats and the joy of victories could be termed a fan but not a supporter.

bigwheel
30-05-2013, 12:31 PM
My replies have never made general points about leaving early...they are all about leaving THAT early in a cup final...

I'm not arguing for some sort of robot supporter who never leaves before the end...but the OP asked for a view on his actions ... I guess I'm challenging that action - doesn't feel right to me ...

bigwheel
30-05-2013, 12:32 PM
You didn't answer my question, I agree someone walking out is not supporting their team, but you said someone who walks out is not a supporter even if they go to all the games and are st holders. I left last years final early and I left the semi final early but I stayed to the end on sunday.
I'm a season ticket holder and have been for years, I've followed hibs in europe, I go to as many away games as I can manage but according to you I'm not a supporter

Sorry , forgot to connect your post..see above :)

RIP
30-05-2013, 12:52 PM
You need to have strong courage resolve to keep up your sprits to the end of a football match. This is as true of a supporter as it is a player.

One of the reasons why Hibs don't do many comebacks is a persistent culture of fear, failure, negativity and underachievement. Hibs have been bottling the big occasion for years - why should our supporters be any different?

If we are going to change this culture we have to improve the mindest of our support. For a while towards the end of the game that was in evidence. Sadly not when we lost our goals and the team needed lifted up by their bootstraps

worcesterhibby
30-05-2013, 01:22 PM
Ideally people would stay and back the team but I'd rather people left than stayed and booed.

Much as I detest your Avatar I support your view on this !

Phil MaGlass
30-05-2013, 01:47 PM
All I can say is, against the yams, I was leaving just as the 4th went in and for this final I stayed until the end, which I am absolutely delighted I did. Great support. I dont blame anyone who leaves early, I have done so myself on occassions, BUT you really missed a great atmosphere THAT MADE ME PROUD TO BE A HIBS SUPPORTER, the result was keek but what can yi do.
more of the same support this coming season and we cant have any complaints about lack of atmosphere at ER.

Scouse Hibee
30-05-2013, 02:15 PM
To summarise

1. If you leave early from any game = You are not as good a supporter (or not a supporter at all) as someone who stays.

2. If you leave early from any game = You are a disgrace, not worthy, pathetic, annoying, pointless, daft stupid,ill, entitled to leave early, are missing the point of supporting your team.

3.If you spend money on a season ticket that makes you special, more so than someone who has no ST but who's total spend over the season is more than a season ticket holder.

4. However having a season ticket could mean that you're not a supporter at all!

5. If you are a walk up who goes to every game they can but misses the occasional game then you are daft anyway for not buying a season ticket as the payment plan is the best way for all regardless of your personal financial situation.

6. If you are an overseas fan then you made a choice to move away so tough, who cares how much you spend to get to a game, entitlement to a ticket is dependant on how much of a superfan you are and open to the discretion of the fans able to assist you with a ticket. You'd better not leave early to catch your flight though!!!

7. If you've not missed a game this season you should be applauded, however if you have done this by being a walk up and not a ST holder then your superfan rating may still be in doubt.

8. If you can't decide what the **** to do then stay at home watch the TV and don't join Hibs.net, that way in your own mind you can be any type of fan you like without being labelled by someone else.

So there you have it as clear as day, or the other simpler option is do what suits you best and enjoy the Hibs. GGTTH.

Time For Heroes
30-05-2013, 02:28 PM
I'm confused.... So what happens if your bird supports the opposition and you get her a ticket in the Hibs end, then decide not to take her and leave the spare in your kitchen drawer... What kind of fan is that? :D

hibs4thecup1988
30-05-2013, 06:55 PM
To summarise

1. If you leave early from any game = You are not as good a supporter (or not a supporter at all) as someone who stays.

2. If you leave early from any game = You are a disgrace, not worthy, pathetic, annoying, pointless, daft stupid,ill, entitled to leave early, are missing the point of supporting your team.

3.If you spend money on a season ticket that makes you special, more so than someone who has no ST but who's total spend over the season is more than a season ticket holder.

4. However having a season ticket could mean that you're not a supporter at all!

5. If you are a walk up who goes to every game they can but misses the occasional game then you are daft anyway for not buying a season ticket as the payment plan is the best way for all regardless of your personal financial situation.

6. If you are an overseas fan then you made a choice to move away so tough, who cares how much you spend to get to a game, entitlement to a ticket is dependant on how much of a superfan you are and open to the discretion of the fans able to assist you with a ticket. You'd better not leave early to catch your flight though!!!

7. If you've not missed a game this season you should be applauded, however if you have done this by being a walk up and not a ST holder then your superfan rating may still be in doubt.

8. If you can't decide what the **** to do then stay at home watch the TV and don't join Hibs.net, that way in your own mind you can be any type of fan you like without being labelled by someone else.

So there you have it as clear as day, or the other simpler option is do what suits you best and enjoy the Hibs. GGTTH.

Summarised pretty well for a Liverpool fan :greengrin

just_joe
30-05-2013, 07:09 PM
A fan should be able to pick and choose what time to arrive and what time to leave during a football match without anyone judging him. YOU pay your money mate not THEM. As for the folk saying why do fans attend only the big games. Simple - its a day out. A cup final is a special occasion when you wanna attend and take your children for a fun day out for them to hopefully see there team win the cup. If the so called real fans don't like that then sorry that's just the way it is. Have I left early cos we were mince? yes. its my choice and it doesnt make me any less of a fan than you. Just keep paying your money and watch the game and stop judging other people.

hibs4thecup1988
30-05-2013, 07:18 PM
A fan should be able to pick and choose what time to arrive and what time to leave during a football match without anyone judging him. YOU pay your money mate not THEM. As for the folk saying why do fans attend only the big games. Simple - its a day out. A cup final is a special occasion when you wanna attend and take your children for a fun day out for them to hopefully see there team win the cup. If the so called real fans don't like that then sorry that's just the way it is. Have I left early cos we were mince? yes. its my choice and it doesnt make me any less of a fan than you. Just keep paying your money and watch the game and stop judging other people.

I think every one is a real fan. I think the difference is the supporter point. Surely staying to the end through thick and thin and SUPPORTING the team is what its all about?

As fir enjoying the day and hoping to see a cup win...maybe the club should just cut the allocation down. Season ticket holders only. The attitude of going for a day out makes me think people like you thought we were beat before a ball was kicked on sunday.

just_joe
30-05-2013, 07:21 PM
I went to the game with my 2 kids. they loved it. What I think the score would be is irrelevant mate.

Beefster
30-05-2013, 07:24 PM
I think every one is a real fan. I think the difference is the supporter point. Surely staying to the end through thick and thin and SUPPORTING the team is what its all about?

As fir enjoying the day and hoping to see a cup win...maybe the club should just cut the allocation down. Season ticket holders only. The attitude of going for a day out makes me think people like you thought we were beat before a ball was kicked on sunday.

My Granny and Auntie Mabel haven't missed a cup final since 1993 and now you want to stop them going to future ones? Outrageous.

hibs4thecup1988
30-05-2013, 07:25 PM
I went to the game with my 2 kids. they loved it. What I think the score would be is irrelevant mate.

I went with my kid, but the day wasnt great. We were both gutted come full time. We wanted hibs to win

hibs4thecup1988
30-05-2013, 07:26 PM
My Granny and Auntie Mabel haven't missed a cup final since 1993 and now you want to stop them going to future ones? Outrageous.

I am NOT biting :greengrin

silverhibee
30-05-2013, 08:37 PM

Not a supporter. :wink:

iwasthere1972
30-05-2013, 08:49 PM
Summarised pretty well for a Liverpool fan :greengrin

Or maybe he just "lifted" it from somewhere. You know what these scousers are like.:greengrin

hibs4thecup1988
30-05-2013, 08:50 PM
Or maybe he just "lifted" it from somewhere. You know what these scousers are like.:greengrin

:faf:

Scouse Hibee
31-05-2013, 10:12 AM

Remember our meeting? Careful now, maybe you've been receiving. :wink:

Scouse Hibee
31-05-2013, 10:13 AM
:faf:

Keith_M
31-05-2013, 10:22 AM
To summarise

9. If you are an Englishman who has attached themselves to Hibs but do not have that undefineable essence of having Hibs in your bones, no matter how much money you've spent supporting the club, then you're a 'Blow In' or a 'Johnny Come Lately'

iwasthere1972
31-05-2013, 10:27 AM
Remember our meeting? Careful now, maybe you've been receiving. :wink:

For anyone who doesn't know the purpose of our "meeting" that just doesn't sound right. :wink:

Scouse Hibee
31-05-2013, 11:06 AM
9. If you are an Englishman who has attached themselves to Hibs but do not have that undefineable essence of having Hibs in your bones, no matter how much money you've spent supporting the club, then you're a 'Blow In' or a 'Johnny Come Lately'

:greengrin How could I forget that one!

Scouse Hibee
31-05-2013, 11:06 AM
For anyone who doesn't know the purpose of our "meeting" that just doesn't sound right. :wink:

Keep em guessing :greengrin

basehibby
31-05-2013, 11:22 AM

How dare you sit in judgement of me for sitting in judgement of other folk :bitchy:

Personally, I reserve the right to pull people's leg's who leave a match early - especially if they miss an equaliser or massive comeback. Of course it's their right to do so but by effectively going off in a huff they are making an exhibition of themselves and holding themselves up for lampoonery. Opposition fans and media alike latch onto these things and identify them with the whole support rather than just the individuals who leave.

I have no doubt that for the most part, early leavers care deeply about the club and are just letting their emotions get the better of them (apart from that strange group that religeously miss the last 5 mins of every match to get hame for their tea or whatever) - and there is the odd occasion where their actions are more than a bit justified as a form of protest (hampden drubbings off the pinkoids most definately included), but there are plenty of fans who fly off the handle and desert when the match is very much still in the balance and while they are perfectly within their rights to do so, the rest of us are perfectly within our rights to rib them about it.

Steve-O
31-05-2013, 11:26 AM
Every time I have left a game early I've judged it well and missed nothing bar more goals against, or a consolation goal at best.

I felt it was all over at 2-0 too. Kept watching as I was in the pub. 3-0 and I would have been off I think, sing-song or no sing-song.

Jonnyboy
31-05-2013, 06:53 PM
This thread still going? I left it on page 2

iwasthere1972
01-06-2013, 10:52 PM
This thread still going? I left it on page 2