PDA

View Full Version : Hibs Scottish Cup Oddities

down-the-slope
29-05-2013, 02:32 PM
Its odd that we have NEVER won the SC at Hampden.......

Next year we could maintain that unenviable record..... and be the happiest Hibbies ever

Just a thought :greengrin

down-the-slope
29-05-2013, 05:13 PM
Now if Celtic Park hosts next year.....we have (limited) form there :greengrin

monktonharp
29-05-2013, 10:11 PM
Now if Celtic Park hosts next year.....we have (limited) form there :greengrin:agree: Ibrox would be good too:greengrin actually don't care where we win it. Maryhill, Aberdeen,Kilmarnock, Dublin as long as it's before i'm deid.

Kato
29-05-2013, 10:54 PM
Its odd that we have NEVER won the SC at Hampden.......

Next year we could maintain that unenviable record..... and be the happiest Hibbies ever

Just a thought :greengrin

Where was the 1887 game played?

Saorsa
29-05-2013, 11:13 PM
Where was the 1887 game played?http://www.hibshistoricaltrust.org.uk/trust-exhibitions/1887-scottish-cup-medal

2-1 defeat of Dumbarton at the second Hampden Park (later Cathkin Park) on February 12th 1887

Kato
30-05-2013, 08:15 PM
http://www.hibshistoricaltrust.org.uk/trust-exhibitions/1887-scottish-cup-medal

So at 'a' Hampden Park but not that dusty dump we played in on Sunday. Weird.

G15 Hibs
30-05-2013, 08:55 PM
There have been three Hampden Parks. Anyone who got the train from Central to Mount Florida on Sunday would have pretty much passed through the original one, which was closed due to the construction of the Cathcart Circle railway. Queen's Park then built the second Hampden Park close by. In 1903 they needed a bigger ground so built the stadium which has evolved into what we have today. The second one was then renamed Cathkin Park and Third Lanark moved in. I could find the dates for the various moves but I canny be bothered right now.

A wee bit Scottish fitba / Queen's Park history for ye all...

Kato
30-05-2013, 09:04 PM
There have been three Hampden Parks. Anyone who got the train from Central to Mount Florida on Sunday would have pretty much passed through the original one, which was closed due to the construction of the Cathcart Circle railway. Queen's Park then built the second Hampden Park close by. In 1903 they needed a bigger ground so built the stadium which has evolved into what we have today. The second one was then renamed Cathkin Park and Third Lanark moved in. I could find the dates for the various moves but I canny be bothered right now.

A wee bit Scottish fitba / Queen's Park history for ye all...

Cheers. Seen Cathkin many times but never knew the Hampden connection.