PDA

View Full Version : Hibs sign Owain Tudur Jones (2 year deal confirmed)

Pages : 1 [2]

Wotherspiniesta
31-05-2013, 12:47 PM
Good to have an experienced, physical prescense in the middle of the park. Hopefully he can do the biz and help along the younger players :thumbsup:

Welcome OTJ

CapitalHibs
31-05-2013, 01:25 PM
Tudor Jones...dare I say it...is the nearest thing I've seen in recent years to playing the "Matty Jack" role well ...

There - I've said it :-)

Good signing !

If he also plays the "Rocastle" role we'll really have it made! :aok:

fat freddy
31-05-2013, 01:33 PM
As we've been needing somebody to clean up in midfield his anagram is apt...unfortunatley he's not american so the rest of his anagram is nonsense...i can only work with the tools i've been given!

Owain Tudur Jones

(ANAGRAM)

U.S. Janitor Due Now

Wotherspiniesta
31-05-2013, 01:40 PM
As we've been needing somebody to clean up in midfield his anagram is apt...unfortunatley he's not american so the rest of his anagram is nonsense...i can only work with the tools i've been given!

Owain Tudur Jones

(ANAGRAM)

U.S. Janitor Due Now

It's also an anagram of **** the Jam Tarts! :flag:

Mr White
31-05-2013, 02:06 PM
There's only one Tortolano. :greengrin

And of course there were 2 Joe mcbrides though in a much more tangible way than the Andy goram situation. My phone auto spells goram as insanity.

West hamBERNIAN
31-05-2013, 07:42 PM
was just looking for an inverness forum to see what there views where on losing jones, couldnt find much? not seen much of him unfortunately! i'd presume with the amount of midfielders we have this will mean no claros or KT:dunno:

Hamish
31-05-2013, 07:52 PM
Has a Matty Jack type physique about him

theonlywayisup
31-05-2013, 09:06 PM
Apologies if already posted. Actually not really.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vt6qm-xuKeY

:clapper::clapper::clapper::clapper::clapper:

hibees 7062
31-05-2013, 09:55 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vt6qm-xuKeY

Iain G
31-05-2013, 11:44 PM
Finally we sign someone to replace Lyndon Andrews...

ekhibee
01-06-2013, 12:43 AM
Remind me, how many goals has he scored this season :confused:

Well here's one of them:

http://youtu.be/Vt6qm-xuKeY

lord bunberry
01-06-2013, 02:32 AM
Tudor Jones...dare I say it...is the nearest thing I've seen in recent years to playing the "Matty Jack" role well ...

There - I've said it :-)

Good signing !

Who played the matty jack role before we signed matty jack

bigwheel
01-06-2013, 06:55 AM
Who played the matty jack role before we signed matty jack

Ah, you see...nobody...it hadn't been invented until Matty Jack joined us. FIFA now have a half day section in their top level courses on "role de la Matty Jack".... It includes a 30 minute section on not giving the ball back to Dundee United and full analysis how to link defence and attack without having to run more than 10 metres at any one time. He changed football forever ..

:-)

Baker9
01-06-2013, 07:01 AM
Ah, you see...nobody...it hadn't been invented until Matty Jack joined us. FIFA now have a half day section in their top level courses on "role de la Matty Jack".... It includes a 30 minute section on not giving the ball back to Dundee United and full analysis how to link defence and attack without having to more than 10 metres at any one time. He changed football forever ..

Bosman gets all the press attention and Jack is virtually ignored! Typical.

hibsbollah
01-06-2013, 07:04 AM
At last. Someone to fill the apocryphal Matty Jack Role.

hibsbollah
01-06-2013, 07:07 AM
Well here's one of them:

http://youtu.be/Vt6qm-xuKeY

What a peach:not worth
Incidentally, how bad is Darren Barrs defending for that goal :greengrin

HUTCHYHIBBY
01-06-2013, 07:09 AM
Latapy talked up Matty's role in the side whilst he was at ER during his Q&A session in T4IH last week. Basically, he said "All I needed to do was go forward, Matty would do the rest!"

One Day Soon
01-06-2013, 08:00 AM
Sparky next please, then new wing back for Maybury and finally Claros and KT. Only way to to top that would be a hefty target man to partner Sparky up front.

Fenlon is going about his business the right way and when you start to think about the degree of continuity we may well have going into next season, the emerging youth and the progress from free fall to now I think we can be a bit excited about what's to come.

Back into Europe two years in a row, another cup run and 9 games undefeated against the deluded?

GlenrothesHibee
01-06-2013, 10:03 AM
Sparky next please, then new wing back for Maybury and finally Claros and KT. Only way to to top that would be a hefty target man to partner Sparky up front.

Fenlon is going about his business the right way and when you start to think about the degree of continuity we may well have going into next season, the emerging youth and the progress from free fall to now I think we can be a bit excited about what's to come.

Back into Europe two years in a row, another cup run and 9 games undefeated against the deluded?

Unfortunately its only likely to be 7 undefeated if we get top 6 :-(

hibsbollah
01-06-2013, 10:33 AM
...and before you ask, no he doesn't :grr:

jacomo
01-06-2013, 12:04 PM
Ah, you see...nobody...it hadn't been invented until Matty Jack joined us. FIFA now have a half day section in their top level courses on "role de la Matty Jack".... It includes a 30 minute section on not giving the ball back to Dundee United and full analysis how to link defence and attack without having to run more than 10 metres at any one time. He changed football forever ..

Claude Makelele never gave his role model and inspiration the proper credit he deserved. Disgrace of a man!

bigwheel
01-06-2013, 12:38 PM
Claude Makelele never gave his role model and inspiration the proper credit he deserved. Disgrace of a man!

😄😃

lord bunberry
01-06-2013, 01:09 PM

We all talk about big frank, russell and the rest but the one player who has never been replaced is the legendary matty jack.

Kato
01-06-2013, 02:05 PM
the progress from free fall

That's the most important aspect so far of Fenlon's tenure and should never be underestimated. When you think back to how every aspect of the club was on a downward trend before he arrived the recovery has been remarkable.

hibsbollah
01-06-2013, 02:29 PM
Tudur Jones desempenar el quijotesco papel del Matty Jack.

ive been waiting to say that for ages :agree:

down-the-slope
01-06-2013, 02:46 PM
Tudor Jones desempenar el quijotesco papel del Matty Jack.

Well you could have spent some of those ages learning to spell his name correctly :doh:

hibsbollah
01-06-2013, 02:59 PM
:applause::nerd:
Well you could have spent some of those ages learning to spell his name correctly :doh:

--------
01-06-2013, 05:34 PM

Que?

:confused:

YehButNoBut
01-06-2013, 05:48 PM

Que?

He said Tudur Jones die donquichottische Rolle dessen einzulösen Matty Jack

--------
01-06-2013, 06:10 PM
He said Tudur Jones die donquichottische Rolle dessen einzulösen Matty Jack

Ah, right.

You mean, "Bydd Owain Tudur Jones yn chwarae yn y rôl y 'Matty Jack' tymor nesaf." :smug:

lyonhibs
01-06-2013, 07:22 PM
Ah, right.

You mean, "Bydd Owain Tudur Jones yn chwarae yn y rôl y 'Matty Jack' tymor nesaf." :smug:

Stop making stuff up.

:greengrin

--------
01-06-2013, 08:05 PM
Stop making stuff up.

:greengrin

Welsh folks like Owain ken whit's goin' on. :devil:

hibsbollah
01-06-2013, 08:08 PM
Que?

'Quijotesco papal' is the closest i could get to 'iconic Matty Jack role' and referencing Don Quixote in Spanish at the same time. I thought youd like it Doddie :boo hoo:

--------
01-06-2013, 08:32 PM
'Quijotesco papal' is the closest i could get to 'iconic Matty Jack role' and referencing Don Quixote in Spanish at the same time. I thought youd like it Doddie :boo hoo:

I did. I was only messing with you.

One question, though - who plays Sancho Panza?

TBH, if this guy's as impressive as his name, he'll more than do me.

"Tudur Jones breaks your bones..." :devil:

Cabbage7062
01-06-2013, 08:43 PM
Very happy with this signing, had a good year with Inverness. Most recent game at Easter Road I thought he was one of the best players on the park. Also very physical and much needed.

hibsbollah
01-06-2013, 09:50 PM

Overweight, illiterate sidekick, loyal to a fault.

Sancho Panza has to be Collins era Tommy Craig :agree:

erin go bragh
02-06-2013, 07:27 PM
Unfortunately its only likely to be 7 undefeated if we get top 6 :-(
9 if we get them in both cups :wink:

ggtth

--------
03-06-2013, 02:43 PM
Overweight, illiterate sidekick, loyal to a fault.

Sancho Panza has to be Collins era Tommy Craig :agree:

You reckon Toamy was loyal to John Collins? Given it was his idea to sign up O'Brien, and the way he carried on at the "apple-eating" press-conference, I think I'd rather be backed up by Judas Iscariot.

Stevie Reid
03-06-2013, 02:47 PM

Is that the boy that Rangers sacked last season?