PDA

View Full Version : Quick Introduction

The Leith Dutch
29-05-2013, 08:58 AM
Saw someone else that signed up and introduced themselves and thought I'd do likewise so here's some random stuff.

Lived (mainly) in Leith since I was 11 and started going to Hibs matches in the late 80's.

Been a Season ticket holder in the East Stand since I moved back from London a few years back and trying to get to more away games if I can persuade the missus :)

Family came in to the country from the Netherlands at the turn of the 1900's (hence the username) and I have a huge affinity for many things Dutch not least their approach to football.

I used to describe Holland as my other international team but given how Scotland are playing I may go full time :)

Favourite Hibs player I've seen play was big Franck. Absolutely oozed class both on and off the park.
Met him and Davide Zitelli in my local shop and they were absolute gents.

Been lurking on Hibs.net for a few years now and probably didn't sign up to avoid getting pegged as a Happy Clapper.

I don't reckon I am but I do believe that the only way Hibs are going to get where they should be is by building up over a period of time - from the youth levels right through to the first team - and by getting some consistency of players and manager.

Everything I post is always my own humble opinion - apart from the stuff where I'm right and you're wrong of course ;)

Hibbyradge
29-05-2013, 09:05 AM
Welkom!

We now have our very own orange barsteward...

:thumbsup:

Scouse Hibee
29-05-2013, 09:05 AM
Saw someone else that signed up and introduced themselves and thought I'd do likewise so here's some random stuff.

Lived (mainly) in Leith since I was 11 and started going to Hibs matches in the late 80's.

Been a Season ticket holder in the East Stand since I moved back from London a few years back and trying to get to more away games if I can persuade the missus :)

Family came in to the country from the Netherlands at the turn of the 1900's (hence the username) and I have a huge affinity for many things Dutch not least their approach to football.

I used to describe Holland as my other international team but given how Scotland are playing I may go full time :)

Favourite Hibs player I've seen play was big Franck. Absolutely oozed class both on and off the park.

Been lurking on Hibs.net for a few years now and probably didn't sign up to avoid getting pegged as a Happy Clapper.

I don't reckon I am but I do believe that the only way Hibs are going to get where they should be is by building up over a period of time - from the youth levels right through to the first team - and by getting some consistency of players and manager.

Everything I post is always my own humble opinion - apart from the stuff where I'm right and you're wrong of course ;)

Welcome mate. :aok:

SMAXXA
29-05-2013, 09:06 AM
Welcome, mind and don't try to be a clever http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/e/eb/Dutchclogs.jpg/220px-Dutchclogs.jpg (http://www.hibs.net/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=clogs&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&docid=VJ7Oq2NBpaJd1M&tbnid=k_xb7GHzMVKZsM:&ved=0CAUQjRw&url=http%3A%2F%2Fen.wikipedia.org%2Fwiki%2FClog_(s hoe)&ei=Z8WlUa3vOPKa1AWd8YHoDQ&bvm=bv.47008514,d.d2k&psig=AFQjCNEDaBEMgyQsmIM0OHM75tbxwTuJrw&ust=1369904782505284) :greengrin

down-the-slope
29-05-2013, 03:52 PM
nothing wrong with having a positive and realistic view of how we might progress....Belgium are a more recent example of how significant change can be brought if there is a will at all levels and less self interest.....

Welcome

hibs4thecup1988
29-05-2013, 03:56 PM

Welcome aboard

I agree with your thoughts on how the game should be done.

Countries like Spain and Holland...their club teams start from the very bottom. And who knows...we might be starting that now at Easter Road and East Mains

Pat 0-7
29-05-2013, 04:08 PM
Welcome aboard!!!

http://www.petergreenberg.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/11/dutch_cheese_market.jpg

One Day Soon
29-05-2013, 04:34 PM
Where's your hospitality you set of miserable Emmanuel ****s?

Okay I'll do the pleasantries then - LTYF