PDA

View Full Version : Introduction

Salisbury Hibby
29-05-2013, 06:46 AM
Hello there,
This is my first post here, although I've been reading the forum for a few months on the commute between Salisbury and London. It's a lonely life being an exiled hibby and readingthe discussions on here have helped me reconnect with my love for Hibernian (which began many years ago when the old dear in the next stair to me took me to Easter Road for a reservegame in the 70s - and I was lifted over the turnstile, too).
I'm no expert about football, or tactics but my gut feeling is that we've got a manager who cares about Hibernian, and is passionate to achieve success. I do what I can to support the club from afar (Hibs TV and Hibernians) but really want to catch a few games when I'm up in Edinburgh. Every time last season
it was either an away or Cat A Game.
We won't ever be able to buy success by putting together a dream team, but we can develop great players
and the challenge is to get a good return from them through performances (and inevitably through transfer fees).
We're a great club and hopefully will go from strength to strength.

Jones28
29-05-2013, 07:04 AM
Great first post, totally agree about Fenlon. Welcome aboard :thumbsup:

steakbake
29-05-2013, 07:07 AM
Allow me to be the first to say "LTYF..."

Welcome.

Salisbury Hibby
29-05-2013, 07:11 AM
I was worried about registering on the Yammometer, given that I chose to register shortly after the Cup Final :greengrin

Benny Brazil
29-05-2013, 07:14 AM
Welcome aboard Salisbury

Islington Hibs
29-05-2013, 07:14 AM
As a fellow exile I understand! Good luck and totally agree on Fenlon. I only make a few games a year, as I live in London, but I think we are not far from being a good team. I have been disappointed before thought!

jakeshibs
29-05-2013, 07:19 AM
I am another Hibs supporter from the Salisbury area, let me know when your going up for the matches, Mon the Hibs.

Salisbury Hibby
29-05-2013, 07:40 AM
I certainly will. I have Oct 12th pencilled in but I bet that they will be away or that the match is on a Monday night...

Billy Whizz
29-05-2013, 07:48 AM
I certainly will. I have Oct 12th pencilled in but I bet that they will be away or that the match is on a Monday night...

Sorry to disappoint you, but there is no Hibs game that weekend, as the International break. World Cup qualifiers!

Salisbury Hibby
29-05-2013, 07:59 AM
Sorry to disappoint you, but there is no Hibs game that weekend, as the International break. World Cup qualifiers! Just my luck. I'll keep checking for the fixtures, I am determined to get to Easter Road next season.

GlenrothesHibee
29-05-2013, 01:34 PM
Sallisbarry?

Treadstone
29-05-2013, 01:35 PM
Sallisbarry?

:faf:

One Day Soon
29-05-2013, 01:44 PM
Hello there,
This is my first post here, although I've been reading the forum for a few months on the commute between Salisbury and London. It's a lonely life being an exiled hibby and readingthe discussions on here have helped me reconnect with my love for Hibernian (which began many years ago when the old dear in the next stair to me took me to Easter Road for a reservegame in the 70s - and I was lifted over the turnstile, too).
I'm no expert about football, or tactics but my gut feeling is that we've got a manager who cares about Hibernian, and is passionate to achieve success. I do what I can to support the club from afar (Hibs TV and Hibernians) but really want to catch a few games when I'm up in Edinburgh. Every time last season
it was either an away or Cat A Game.
We won't ever be able to buy success by putting together a dream team, but we can develop great players
and the challenge is to get a good return from them through performances (and inevitably through transfer fees).
We're a great club and hopefully will go from strength to strength.

Sniff, sniff. Hmmm

One Day Soon
29-05-2013, 01:45 PM
Sallisbarry?

Go to the top of the class

Salisbury Hibby
29-05-2013, 03:17 PM
Sallisbarry? Hey! You made a pun :greengrin By the way, the place I live in is called Laverstock, and that sounds a bit like Laughing Stock (which also reminds me of Hearts).

Pat 0-7
29-05-2013, 03:38 PM
Hey! You made a pun :greengrin By the way, the place I live in is called Laverstock, and that sounds a bit like Laughing Stock (which also reminds me of Hearts).

Barry Laverstock?????

Welcome aboard OP !!!!