PDA

View Full Version : is it just me

ozzie
28-05-2013, 09:15 PM
sorry if this has already been posted but is it just me or is this guy a class one twat. what he say's may have some truth but he seems determined to ram last years result well & truly down our throats before going on about this years.http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/colin-duncan-hibs-face-long-1917215

HibeeHendo
28-05-2013, 09:19 PM
It's just one of the many digs we've had this season from writers and pundits mate. I'm not sure if people actually do have some sort of vendetta towards us or if I'm just paranoid. What do others think?

S4uzee
28-05-2013, 09:20 PM
sorry if this has already been posted but is it just me or is this guy a class one twat. what he say's may have some truth but he seems determined to ram last years result well & truly down our throats before going on about this years.http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/colin-duncan-hibs-face-long-1917215

I've been thinking a lot about it the last couple of days and i think he probably has a point. The more i think about it, the players do seem to have gotten off lightly

SMAXXA
28-05-2013, 09:21 PM
He's a whank but can kinda see where hes coming from to some degree

One Day Soon
28-05-2013, 09:23 PM

1. Its in the Daily ****** and therefore not worth reading.

2. I couldn't give a ****** what any no-mark outsiders think about our club. And since I haven't read it because it is in the ****** I'm going to have to assume that the author is precisely that.

ozzie
28-05-2013, 09:24 PM
like i said there is some truth in what he says but the manor in which he has reported it is a bit OTT to be honest. humiliation , thumping again harping back to last year.

eastterrace
28-05-2013, 09:28 PM
just read the piece and he does have a point how we are delighted how we fought for everything, i thought we folded like a pack o cards, he is right nobody took the blame on the goals, ben williams saying it was a good cross for the first and second, he must shoulder the blame for the first goal, it was keepers ball all the time, as for the second both defenders stood of him, they should have been all over him making it harder for him. yes we get to a final and all we hear how we are going to enjoy it, i dont want to hear that i want someone to say we are going to win it.

rainman
28-05-2013, 09:29 PM
I agree with everything he says.

Hanlon was in the paper congratulating Stokes on some great deliveries for the first two goals. Completely ignoring the fact that he should've dealt with both of them.

The sing along with 20 minutes to go was all very Tartan Army-esque made all the worse by the self congratulatory threads on here in the aftermath. 20,000 Hibbies, most of whom haven't been to a game all season, having a sing song after a day on the sauce, instead of walking out like they normally do.

Celtic not leaving second gear and us not even looking close to causing them any kind of trouble was an embarrassment. Made better by the fact that it wasn't our closest rivals this time. But it does seem that our expectations are lower and we now settle for "we out-sung them". For me, a cup win has never been further away.

s.a.m
28-05-2013, 09:30 PM

2. I couldn't give a ****** what any no-mark outsiders think about our club. And since I haven't read it because it is in the ****** I'm going to have to assume that the author is precisely that.

Well... I read it on a link from the Bounce, and it's ignorant. So don't waste your time - it'll just annoy you. He lost me close to the start when he suggested that Neil Lennon's approach to defeat would be worth emulating. Apparently we're accepting mediocrity because the players weren't all doing a post-Diana-death type public mourning thing after the game. And that means we're losers. He's obviously never met any grown-ups behaving in a dignified and proportionate manner before.:rolleyes:

jeffers
28-05-2013, 09:33 PM
I think he's spot on in what he says. I doubt we probably could have changed the outcome once we went two down (or probably one for that matter) but the annoying thing for me is that we didn't even try. You get the impression from Fenlon that he is happy we worked hard and didn't lose by the same margin as last year and the changes he made (or didn't make for that matter) back that up.

One Day Soon
28-05-2013, 09:34 PM

Hanlon was in the paper congratulating Stokes on some great deliveries for the first two goals. Completely ignoring the fact that he should've dealt with both of them.

The sing along with 20 minutes to go was all very Tartan Army-esque made all the worse by the self congratulatory threads on here in the aftermath. 20,000 Hibbies, most of whom haven't been to a game all season, having a sing song after a day on the sauce, instead of walking out like they normally do.

Celtic not leaving second gear and us not even looking close to causing them any kind of trouble was an embarrassment. Made better by the fact that it wasn't our closest rivals this time. But it does seem that our expectations are lower and we now settle for "we out-sung them". For me, a cup win has never been further away.

Epic Fail, Facepalm and WTF? all rolled into one.

Were you even there? If so were you conscious?

rcarter1
Im not sure anyone at the club has the energy to crucify themselves like we did last year. When you lose against far superior opponents, I think the best to do is take it in good spirits and move on. Behind the scenes I hope Pat reminds his defence and keeper to..

Attack the ball! :grr:

lEXO
It,s a garbage piece of alleged journalism. The players looked gutted at the end. I would rather our players showed a bit class and dignity to the opposition than react like Lennon and the like do when they lose.

One Day Soon
28-05-2013, 09:37 PM
Well... I read it on a link from the Bounce, and it's ignorant. So don't waste your time - it'll just annoy you. He lost me close to the start when he suggested that Neil Lennon's approach to defeat would be worth emulating. Apparently we're accepting mediocrity because the players weren't all doing a post-Diana-death type public mourning thing after the game. And that means we're losers. He's obviously never met any grown-ups behaving in a dignified and proportionate manner before.:rolleyes:

The ****** has one agenda and that's the Ugly Sisters. Some poseur knob who no doubt spends most of the year with face wedged between Rantic ar5e cheeks decides to lecture us on our club and our team and we're supposed to take that seriously?

One Day Soon
28-05-2013, 09:41 PM
It,s a garbage piece of alleged journalism. The players looked gutted at the end. I would rather our players showed a bit class and dignity to the opposition than react like Lennon and the like do when they lose.

He probably couldn't spell Easter Road even if you gave him all the necessary vowels and consonants never mind find the place on a map. As for Lennon as a role model for us....I think you'd have to have a serious disorder to think that was a good idea. Mowbray yes. Lennon, just no.

Sir David Gray
28-05-2013, 09:42 PM
I haven't read or seen many of the post match interviews from the players so I couldn't tell you if they've been hard enough on themselves or not.

However the point about Neil Lennon is not valid.

Celtic have a far better squad of players to choose from and a much bigger squad, of course if they had played like we had done on Sunday and lost 3-0, he would have been going mental.

But let's make things relative, let's put Celtic up against one of their more illustrious Champions League opponents and imagine that they had lost 3-0. I can imagine Lennon coming out and congratulating his team on a decent performance etc.

I am gutted that we lost on Sunday, I wanted to win that cup so much but we lost to a team that has resources at their disposal that we can only dream of. Sometimes teams like ours can beat teams like Celtic but more often than not, we don't for no other reason than the fact that they have far better players on the pitch.

jeffers
28-05-2013, 09:45 PM
The ****** has one agenda and that's the Ugly Sisters. Some poseur knob who no doubt spends most of the year with face wedged between Rantic ar5e cheeks decides to lecture us on our club and our team and we're supposed to take that seriously?

Ignoring what you think of the bloke himself what has he written about us that isn't true ?

lEXO
28-05-2013, 09:47 PM
I haven't read or seen many of the post match interviews from the players so I couldn't tell you if they've been hard enough on themselves or not.

Celtic have a far better squad of players to choose from and a much bigger squad, of course if they had played like we had done on Sunday and lost 3-0, he would have been going mental.

But let's make things relative, let's put Celtic up against one of their more illustrious Champions League opponents and imagine that they had lost 3-0. I can imagine Lennon coming out and congratulating his team on a decent performance etc.

I am gutted that we lost on Sunday, I wanted to win that cup so much but we lost to a team that has resources at their disposal that we can only dream of. Sometimes teams like ours can beat teams like Celtic but more often than not, we don't for no other reason than the fact that they have far better players on the pitch.I,m talking about him running on the pitch towards the referee after losing at hampden or his reaction after the Juventus game this season. Nothing sporting about that.

Part/Time Supporter
28-05-2013, 09:54 PM

I am gutted that we lost on Sunday, I wanted to win that cup so much but we lost to a team that has resources at their disposal that we can only dream of. Sometimes teams like ours can beat teams like Celtic but more often than not, we don't for no other reason than the fact that they have far better players on the pitch.

That's exactly what he did after they were beaten 3-0 and 2-0 by Juventus.

FranckSuzy
28-05-2013, 09:59 PM

I'm sorry, but IMHO, you are out-of-order. It was an act of unity, an act of defiance, an act of 'we'll support you evermore', an act of showing appreciation for albeit not a winning performance, but a performance which came about after a fantastic cup run (including putting out the holders and 2 other Premier League sides/coming back from 3-0 down in the semi), brilliant support, an vast improvement from last season and for being in two finals back-to-back for the first time since 1923. Some posters slag off those who decide to leave early and now you have an issue with the vast majority of Sunday's support staying to show they are behind the team? Not Hibs class I'm afraid.

BarneyK
28-05-2013, 10:00 PM

Aye right. I'm not sure what you're saying we should have done differently? It sounds like you disagree with folk walking out when things go badly, but that equally we shouldn't sing in encouragement. Is that about right? Maybe silence is the way to go? Or booing? Let us know the correct procedure for the next time if you wouldnae mind.

One Day Soon
28-05-2013, 10:01 PM
Ignoring what you think of the bloke himself what has he written that isn't true ?

As posted above I don't and won't read the ****** so I have no idea what any particular village idiot writer of theirs may have written about Hibs. And I care even less - they and the Sun have been willing partners to the destruction of Scottish football in the service of their Ugly Sisters masters. A particularly odious and self serving commercial axis of evil.

I certainly don't buy any of the pish that is being written about how we coulda/shoulda won it or done a lot better than we did on the day. We got beat by a vastly better team who were on their game. I'm not going to repeat what I have already posted on this:

http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?265436-For-Fans-Complaining-About-Our-Cup-Final-Performance&p=3622862&viewfull=1#post3622862 (http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?265436-For-Fans-Complaining-About-Our-Cup-Final-Performance)

http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?265487-We-should-have-threw-everything-at-them&p=3624324&viewfull=1#post3624324

Why were they vastly better? Because they benefit from decades and decades of a bigotted sectarian divide in Scottish football that ensure they and their twin have a fan catchment area that covers all of Scotland and Ireland. No other team has this, we are all bound by local geographical followings. This divide has been carefully nurtured and developed because it feeds big financial dividends to the two clubs. Result? They have many players on 10k a week, we have some players on 3k a week.

Teapot
28-05-2013, 10:01 PM

:top marks They got humped 3-0 at home off Juve this year did they not? Lennon then spent the next week berating about how the ref bottled giving penalties because of some jostling in the box.

Whereas our team showed a bit of class and accepted they were the better team and we get slated for it?

s.a.m
28-05-2013, 10:02 PM
Ignoring what you think of the bloke himself what has he written about us that isn't true ?

We were beaten by the best team in Scotland, playing at close to full strength. From a much inferior squad, we were playing with several players with only a handful of senior games' experience, our captain was injured, and our talismanic striker (only real threat, and the only significant advantage over the opposition) was injured. Nevertheless, we kept trying until the end, despite it being a lost cause by that point. Perhaps it would have been better if they had all lain down on the pitch towards the end, weeping and wailing at their inadequacies, and demonstrating that they knew they weren't good enough?? .Those are the realities of Scottish football. Next year, someone will possibly take the places of Motherwell, Inverness CT and Ross County. And the next year someone else will have a go. Ultimately, however, no one (other than Rangers* and Celtic) will come out on top, because of the way that Scottish Football is resourced. Hibs did their best on Sunday, and were beaten by a better team. The support acknowledged that.* If they still exist

One Day Soon
28-05-2013, 10:03 PM
I'm sorry, but IMHO, you are out-of-order. It was an act of unity, an act of defiance, an act of 'we'll support you evermore', an act of showing appreciation for albeit not a winning performance, but a performance which came about after a fantastic cup run (including putting out the holders and 2 other Premier League sides/coming back from 3-0 down in the semi), brilliant support, an vast improvement from last season and for being in two finals back-to-back for the first time since 1923. Some posters slag off those who decide to leave early and now you have an issue with the vast majority of Sunday's support staying to show they are behind the team? Not Hibs class I'm afraid.

Dead right.

lEXO
28-05-2013, 10:04 PM
Spot on.:agree:

Sir David Gray
28-05-2013, 10:04 PM
That's exactly what he did after they were beaten 3-0 and 2-0 by Juventus.

Exactly the point I was trying to make.

Trying to slate the Hibs reaction to Sunday's match on the basis that Neil Lennon would have publicly berated his team if they had been on the losing side is just not a relevant point.

Any time Celtic lose to Hibs or any other team in Scotland apart from Sevco (when they finally make it into the SPL) the Celtic manager at the time is quite rightly going to be angry and annoyed because, on paper, they really should never lose a domestic game.

However when Celtic lose in Europe, which is comparable to us losing on Sunday, they make very similar comments that we seem to have made after Sunday's match so I don't see the big problem.

Pretty Boy
28-05-2013, 10:05 PM

Well said.

nonshinyfinish
28-05-2013, 10:07 PM

Utter, utter pish.

rainman
28-05-2013, 10:08 PM

Tell you what, if a quarter of the fans that stayed behind on Sunday do the same at a quarter of the fixtures next season, then we can start congratulating ourselves for having a decent support.

The Hibs support and in particular, this walking out early craze has gotten worse and worse. Not to mention the dismal attendances.

An act of unity and/or defiance will mean a lot more throughout the course of the season. Well done to everybody who stayed till the end with the guys who do it week in, week out but let's stop ****ing each other off about it. Follow it up with 10k+ season ticket sales and a supportive fan base that stays and sings till the end every week.

BarneyK
28-05-2013, 10:10 PM

I personally dinnae see the problem with giving the opposition a bit of credit when it's due. Surely it's something that we moan often enough about others all the time. Yet in this column it's a sign of a loser's mentality?

Sergey
28-05-2013, 10:10 PM
HORROR - Fans supporting the team rather than walking out alert.

One Day Soon
28-05-2013, 10:14 PM
Tell you what, if a quarter of the fans that stayed behind on Sunday do the same at a quarter of the fixtures next season, then we can start congratulating ourselves for having a decent support.

The Hibs support and in particular, this walking out early craze has gotten worse and worse. Not to mention the dismal attendances.

An act of unity and/or defiance will mean a lot more throughout the course of the season. Well done to everybody who stayed till the end with the guys who do it week in, week out but let's stop ****ing each other off about it. Follow it up with 10k+ season ticket sales and a supportive fan base that stays and sings till the end every week.

Seriously, were you actually there?

The Toun Hibee
28-05-2013, 10:14 PM
I agree with Colin Duncan up to a point, we wouldn't normally 'celebrate' being beaten comfortably in a final. However I didn't speak to one fan that said they wouldn't settle for at least a better performance than last year.

I think it's a case of you need to be a Hibee to understand. Obviously reporting for the Daily Ranger Colin Duncan is going to put the boot in. It's in his nature. He's probably getting off on having a forum just about him, in fact are you him........? ;-)

SeanWilson
28-05-2013, 10:16 PM

Guess fans forums are all about opinions, however I just can't see how anyone can say this chap is talking pish. I agree with everything said here.

One Day Soon
28-05-2013, 10:17 PM
Gary Locke would probably like to be comfortably reclining beneath one or two of the posts on this thread.

Part/Time Supporter
28-05-2013, 10:18 PM
He seems to make the following points:

1. Hibs were just happy not to lose 5-1 to Hearts - self-evidently, this was not possible. I also find it bizarre that he could describe it as a "hammering" give the match statistics (10 v 8 shots, 0 v 4 corners). Scoreline was one-sided but this was because Celtic took most of their chances and Hibs took none.

2. Celtic wouldn't have had the same attitude - of course not, for the reasons FH gave above

3. Hibs players should have been like Griffiths and refused to talk to the press - funny that, I thought the press like players talking to them and demand more opportunities to do so

Overall, the article smells of someone who has an agenda and has twisted the facts and opinions expressed to suit his argument.

FranckSuzy

I'm really sorry, but I don't get the point(s) you're trying to make. Firstly it's wrong in your opinion to stay and support your team after the final whistle and then you say 'The Hibs support and in particular, this walking out early craze has gotten worse and worse'....:confused: Also, do you have a crystal ball? Otherwise, why are you predicting what next season's attendances will be when you say 'Follow it up with 10k+ season ticket sales and a supportive fan base that stays and sings till the end every week'. So, we're back to fans leaving before the end again....:confused: Do you know how many season tickets have been sold? IIRC, there were 8,000+ last season so with the increased demand due to cup final tickets, plus an overall improvement on the teams performance/7th place finish v 11th last season, unbeaten against THEM and after a great cup run, we may not be far off.

lEXO
Gary Locke would probably like to be comfortably reclining beneath one or two of the posts on this thread.
He would be lapping it up :wink:

One Day Soon
28-05-2013, 10:19 PM
He seems to make the following points:

1. Hibs were just happy not to lose 5-1 to Hearts - self-evidently, this was not possible. I also find it bizarre that he could describe it as a "hammering" give the match statistics (10 v 8 shots, 0 v 4 corners). Scoreline was one-sided but this was because Celtic took most of their chances and Hibs took none.

2. Celtic wouldn't have had the same attitude - of course not, for the reasons FH gave above

3. Hibs players should have been like Griffiths and refused to talk to the press - funny that, I thought the press like players talking to them and demand more opportunities to do so

Overall, the article smells of someone who has an agenda and has twisted the facts and opinions expressed to suit his argument.

Nailed it P/T

SeanWilson
28-05-2013, 10:19 PM

Who gives a flying **** what Gary Locke thinks? :confused:

One Day Soon
28-05-2013, 10:21 PM

You'll get there eventually...

FranckSuzy
28-05-2013, 10:21 PM

Whoosh! :wink:

monktonharp
28-05-2013, 10:22 PM

f/k him and f/k you for implying that all round ER were quite happy at the result. we lost a very silly goal at the first, and it was Celtic's first foray up our end.we could have been a goal up by then but luck is not in our vocabulary in this competition. I was gutted at the end as I'm sure all our players were but I'd be dammed if I said that our guys never tried a leg. a good part of the game was played in their half and we did not have someone to compete with their big defence but they did try. we did outsing them, nae medal and nane expected but it was a statement of intent by the Hibernian support, that we will not lie down meekly.despite what Dickheed Gordon says:the Hibs fans were just there for a day out/party.:rolleyes: who actually gives a flyin' fiddler's f/k about the westie meedja anyway?

lEXO
28-05-2013, 10:23 PM
Who gives a flying **** what Gary Locke thinks? :confused:I wish I was so innocent :wink:

rainman
28-05-2013, 10:27 PM
I'm really sorry, but I don't get the point(s) you're trying to make. Firstly it's wrong in your opinion to stay and support your team after the final whistle and then you say 'The Hibs support and in particular, this walking out early craze has gotten worse and worse'....:confused: Also, do you have a crystal ball? Otherwise, why are you predicting what next season's attendances will be when you say 'Follow it up with 10k+ season ticket sales and a supportive fan base that stays and sings till the end every week'. So, we're back to fans leaving before the end again....:confused: Do you know how many season tickets have been sold? IIRC, there were 8,000+ last season so with the increased demand due to cup final tickets, plus an overall improvement on the teams performance/7th place finish v 11th last season, unbeaten against THEM and after a great cup run, we may not be far off.

Nothing wrong with fans staying till the end. A lot of fans have been doing it for years. They just don't congratulate each other for it or include it as the highlight of the day.

When you come on here and read threads about taking advantage of "the feel good factor" after another dismal Hampden showing you have to wonder where our standards are dropping to. Said Feel Good Factor appears to have come from guys that would normally have been out the door when the third went in, staying back for a sing song.

Add to that the players' toe curling admiration of the Celtic performance and its all a little too much to take.

SeanWilson
28-05-2013, 10:28 PM
I wish I was so innocent :wink:

D'oh!! :greengrin

lEXO
28-05-2013, 10:30 PM
D'oh!! :greengrinYou got there mate :thumbsup:

monktonharp
28-05-2013, 10:31 PM

Celtic not leaving second gear and us not even looking close to causing them any kind of trouble was an embarrassment. Made better by the fact that it wasn't our closest rivals this time. But it does seem that our expectations are lower and we now settle for "we out-sung them". For me, a cup win has never been further away. the more I read your comments, the angrier I get. were you there? or just listening to the slant of the commemtators, because there is always a slant!

BarneyK
28-05-2013, 10:32 PM
f/k him and f/k you for implying that all round ER were quite happy at the result. we lost a very silly goal at the first, and it was Celtic's first foray up our end.we could have been a goal up by then but luck is not in our vocabulary in this competition. I was gutted at the end as I'm sure all our players were but I'd be dammed if I said that our guys never tried a leg. a good part of the game was played in their half and we did not have someone to compete with their big defence but they did try. we did outsing them, nae medal and nane expected but it was a statement of intent by the Hibernian support, that we will not lie down meekly.despite what Dickheed Gordon says:the Hibs fans were just there for a day out/party.:rolleyes: who actually gives a flyin' fiddler's f/k about the westie meedja anyway?

:agree: Anyone who thinks the players or fans were happy at a defeat need their head examined. It's called being gracious. Anyway, lets look at the facts -

McGivern says -

“Going 2-0 down to Celtic we could have let the heads drop and collapsed so it became five or six.
“Credit to the lads because we kept at it. I don’t think we were disgraced or embarrassed here.

“The goals we lost were sloppy. They shouldn’t have been conceded.

“But we deserve credit for the way we kept playing and could have scored ourselves. We’re disappointed because you’re here to win a final.

The record meanwhile reports it as McGivern was gutted about the result but insisted there was a huge sense of relief inside the dressing room not to have been completely embarrassed.

The way the "journo" reported it in his column, I'm surprised to find no quotes like "crackin' result really", "Thank Christ it wasnae the Hertz", and "Ra Celtic are magic, eh".

FranckSuzy
28-05-2013, 10:35 PM
Nothing wrong with fans staying till the end. A lot of fans have been doing it for years. They just don't congratulate each other for it or include it as the highlight of the day.

When you come on here and read threads about taking advantage of "the feel good factor" after another dismal Hampden showing you have to wonder where our standards are dropping to. Said Feel Good Factor appears to have come from guys that would normally have been out the door when the third went in, staying back for a sing song.

Add to that the players' toe curling admiration of the Celtic performance and its all a little too much to take.

I have seen your location but I HAVE to ask, where you there? It was the atmosphere, the camaderie, the 'we're in this together' experience, the Hibs family feeling, the united we stand here, divided we fall attitude. Not, 'yes, we got beat, let's stay till the end and clap and sing and jump about as we're all a bit simple' attitude.

The players were, I would have thought, merely pointing out what we all know and witnessed, we were beaten by a better team. What is so wrong in admitting it? Scott Brown was MoM for me. I can say that without prejudice. He was unplayable in the middle of the park, spraying passes around at will, until Jorge gave him a wee attitude readjustment that is :wink:

SMAXXA
28-05-2013, 10:37 PM
the more I read your comments, the angrier I get. were you there? or just listening to the slant of the commemtators, because there is always a slant!

Andddd breath :greengrin

BarneyK
28-05-2013, 10:39 PM

Tennis players always compliment their opponent in post match interviews. Why is to so wrong in football. Isn't it being gracious in defeat? Does it mean that they are resigned to forever living in another's shadow - as this piece suggests? Or does it mean they have to take it on the chin and work twice as hard to get back to this place again and right the wrong? Until last autumn, Andy Murray was the tennis nearly man. Finally he got there, he beat his bogey. I just think we re-group, the youngsters learn, the supporters learn and we go again. I don't see where this all equates to a losing mentality. :dunno:

jeffers
28-05-2013, 10:40 PM
I personally dinnae see the problem with giving the opposition a bit of credit when it's due. Surely it's something that we moan often enough about others all the time. Yet in this column it's a sign of a loser's mentality?

Neither do I when it's due, but Celtic played OK on Sunday they weren't outstanding. I could pick a number of quotes from his article that I agree with, but this in particular struck home:

"The defending at the first two goals was nothing short of diabolical with Alan Maybury, Paul Hanlon and goalkeeper Ben Williams all at fault.

But was anyone man enough to put their hands up and admit culpability afterwards?

Don’t be so daft. They were either hiding behind a collective cloak of “we defend as a unit” or too busy patting themselves on the back for only losing 3-0."

It's maybe not how the players or coaching staff really feel, but the comments afterwards give you the impression that they are happy 'cos they tried hard and we only lost by 3........

SMAXXA
28-05-2013, 10:42 PM
Neither do I when it's due, but Celtic played OK on Sunday they weren't outstanding. I could pick a number of quotes from his article that I agree with, but this in particular struck home:

"The defending at the first two goals was nothing short of diabolical with Alan Maybury, Paul Hanlon and goalkeeper Ben Williams all at fault.

But was anyone man enough to put their hands up and admit culpability afterwards?

Don’t be so daft. They were either hiding behind a collective cloak of “we defend as a unit” or too busy patting themselves on the back for only losing 3-0."

It's maybe not how the players or coaching staff really feel, but the comments afterwards give you the impression that they are happy 'cos they tried hard and we only lost by 3........

Don't believe for one second any of them were happy, they were all gutted

monktonharp
28-05-2013, 10:43 PM

Celtic not leaving second gear and us not even looking close to causing them any kind of trouble was an embarrassment. Made better by the fact that it wasn't our closest rivals this time. But it does seem that our expectations are lower and we now settle for "we out-sung them". For me, a cup win has never been further away.mind if I anylise your comments a bit further? Hanlon was in the paper....which one, and was his quote verbatim? we were all pished at the match, and maist o' us dinnae even go to "the match"? says f/kin who? you?... we normally all walk oot do we? says who? you? .....Celtic, according to the "paper" didnae even get out of 2nd gear, and you say the same? Aye, your probably right mate, I went there with 4 busloads from our branch, just for a bevvy,nae intention of celebrating a cup win as we like getting beat anyway but we will just try and outsing them to spite them just once. nae smiley!

rainman
28-05-2013, 10:44 PM
I have seen your location but I HAVE to ask, where you there? It was the atmosphere, the camaderie, the 'we're in this together' experience, the Hibs family feeling, the united we stand here, divided we fall attitude. Not, 'yes, we got beat, let's stay till the end and clap and sing and jump about as we're all a bit simple' attitude.

The players were, I would have thought, merely pointing out what we all know and witnessed, we were beaten by a better team. What is so wrong in admitting it? Scott Brown was MoM for me. I can say that without prejudice. He was unplayable in the middle of the park, spraying passes around at will, until Jorge gave him a wee attitude readjustment that is :wink:

Yes, I get it it. It was an act of defiance. My question is, why can't we have more acts like that throughout the season. There wasn't much defiance at half time of the semi. Were we in it together then or was it every man for themselves until Harris dragged everybody up by the scruff if their necks?

As for Brown, at two nil up he didn't need to push. He sat deep and cleaned up everything around him. Looked great I agree but we made it easy for him.

SMAXXA
28-05-2013, 10:46 PM
Yes, I get it it. It was an act of defiance. My question is, why can't we have more acts like that throughout the season. There wasn't much defiance at half time of the semi. Were we in it together then or was it every man for themselves until Harris dragged everybody up by the scruff if their necks?

As for Brown, at two nil up he didn't need to push. He sat deep and cleaned up everything around him. Looked great I agree but we made it easy for him.

:agree:

BarneyK
28-05-2013, 10:48 PM

But we do defend as an unit. We also attack as a unit. And neither of these were at their best on Sunday, but the one thing you could never say about the performance is that there was a lack of endeavour. A lack of intelligence perhaps, but they most certainly did not shirk the challenge, and that frustratingly is what is being implied here. It's where we are at the moment. We take it on the chin, we deal with it and we try to build a better side. Most of us see a little hope on the horizon.

Part/Time Supporter
28-05-2013, 10:50 PM

Except in the case of the quotes where that wasn't the case (see above). The guy has just selectively quoted (and misquoted) to suit an argument probably conceived before a ball was kicked.

monktonharp
28-05-2013, 10:50 PM
:agree: Anyone who thinks the players or fans were happy at a defeat need their head examined. It's called being gracious. Anyway, lets look at the facts -

McGivern says -

“Going 2-0 down to Celtic we could have let the heads drop and collapsed so it became five or six.
“Credit to the lads because we kept at it. I don’t think we were disgraced or embarrassed here.

“The goals we lost were sloppy. They shouldn’t have been conceded.

“But we deserve credit for the way we kept playing and could have scored ourselves. We’re disappointed because you’re here to win a final.

The record meanwhile reports it as McGivern was gutted about the result but insisted there was a huge sense of relief inside the dressing room not to have been completely embarrassed.

The way the "journo" reported it in his column, I'm surprised to find no quotes like "crackin' result really", "Thank Christ it wasnae the Hertz", and "Ra Celtic are magic, eh". absolutely on the button mate. those barstewards posing a journolists with an impartial view on things, are the real culprits that need to take a hard look at themselves, and their editors are even worse. I think the club and the fans should boycott that rag anyway for starters .not sure about our club having the balls for it but 90% of the fans may! looks like a couple on here need to look at their own comments and decide if they are supporting HFC or a.n.other.

FranckSuzy
28-05-2013, 10:53 PM

I'm not sure if you were watching on TV or were actually there due to your location but the whole Hibs end was roaring them on to victory. Yes, until Boozy equalised we were all pretty quiet but is that not to be expected? We were in shock! What is there to sing about when your team is 3-0 down at the national stadium in a semi-final v a first division side, with players looking like a Sunday pub team after being comprehensively beaten 1-5 by your greatest rivals the season before? BUT as soon as there was lifeline thrown, Sparky was telling us to sing up and boy did we! The fan's IMHO lifted the players and helped them equalise and ultimately win. The backing the players received was outstanding and I am sure they reacted so positively because of it. As an aside, the fans stayed after the Dunfermline game the season before last and clapped the team and we finished second bottom, escaping relegation by the skin of our teeth BUT, whilst I can't speak for everyone, I would have thought it was to show their appreciation in the increased effort and endeavour the players showed.

rainman
28-05-2013, 11:00 PM
I'm not sure if you were watching on TV or were actually there due to your location but the whole Hibs end was roaring them on to victory. Yes, until Boozy equalised we were all pretty quiet but is that not to be expected? We were in shock! What is there to sing about when your team is 3-0 down at the national stadium in a semi-final v a first division side, with players looking like a Sunday pub team? BUT as soon as there was lifeline thrown, Sparky was telling us to sing up and boy did we! The fan's IMHO lifted the players and helped them equalise and ultimately win. The backing the players received was outstanding and I am sure they reacted so positively because of it. As an aside, the fans stayed after the Dunfermline game the season before last and clapped the team and we finished second bottom, escaping relegation by the skin of our teeth BUT, whilst I can't speak for everyone, I would have thought it was to show their appreciation in the increased effort and endeavour the players showed.

I was meaning the people walking out rather than the ones singing/not singing.

Again, very well done to the Hibs fans who stayed until the end of the Dunfermline game 2 seasons ago. Add that to the game on Sunday and we can probably lay claim to Celtic's self-proclaimed crown of Greatest Fans in the world :-)

BarneyK
28-05-2013, 11:08 PM

Again, very well done to the Hibs fans who stayed until the end of the Dunfermline game 2 seasons ago. Add that to the game on Sunday and we can probably lay claim to Celtic's self-proclaimed crown of Greatest Fans in the world :-)

Oi, dinnae :wink:

I know where you're coming from though, where the frustration lies. The thing is, on Sunday out of nowhere came this amazing atmosphere and we were all buzzing from being a part of it. It's not a bad thing, honestly, and it doesn't mean that we are all eternal losers. Absolutely we should have much, much more of it at all matches. Can you imagine the atmosphere of the Bundesliga at regular matches at ER. But we know it will in all likelihood be a once in a blue moon thing rather than regular, but then again ain't that just like life. Who the hell would be an old firm fan, jaded and almost comatose in their own domestic league, with no great challenge, they only really come to life in their European games, and usually they're pumped out of them before Christmas. Would rather be a Hibby every time, buddy. :agree:

BarneyK
28-05-2013, 11:13 PM
absolutely on the button mate. those barstewards posing a journolists with an impartial view on things, are the real culprits that need to take a hard look at themselves, and their editors are even worse. I think the club and the fans should boycott that rag anyway for starters .not sure about our club having the balls for it but 90% of the fans may! looks like a couple on here need to look at their own comments and decide if they are supporting HFC or a.n.other.

Aye absolutely. Then again, sometimes folk prefer to look at the interpretation rather than the actual quotes. The detail is in the spin.

Saorsa
28-05-2013, 11:14 PM
sorry if this has already been posted but is it just me or is this guy a class one twat. what he say's may have some truth but he seems determined to ram last years result well & truly down our throats before going on about this years.http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/colin-duncan-hibs-face-long-1917215who wrote it and what did it say? Dinnae dae daily bogroll links. Without reading it and knowing where it is it'll likely be a pile of *****

hibeerealist
28-05-2013, 11:14 PM
Jeffers I agree 100%, NOTHING he wrote was untrue. I have been to every SCF since the 6 -1 hammering by Celtic, EVERY LCF since the 6-2 hammering by Celtic AND EVERY semi final of b0th cups since 1968 so I think that I may have earned the right to comment now.

Our support was immense on Sunday but you know what, the players need NOT think that WE, as a support, do not see their performance and the game itself for what it was, a very poor attempt to win the cup (yes, against a superior team I have to admit). YES, they have got off lightly and PF too. :confused:

The_Horde
28-05-2013, 11:15 PM

Nice to see you've no changed. Once a slaver, always a slaver.

Saorsa
28-05-2013, 11:20 PM
;3625838']Nice to see you've no changed. Once a slaver, always a slaver.:aok:

OsloHibs
29-05-2013, 01:11 AM
That whole piece is simply a huge pile of poop.

And I read John Hartsons piece in the sun about the great team that is "Celtic" :rolleyes: Another pile of poop.

Shocking really that they get paid for this.

jeffers
29-05-2013, 04:37 AM
Jeffers I agree 100%, NOTHING he wrote was untrue. I have been to every SCF since the 6 -1 hammering by Celtic, EVERY LCF since the 6-2 hammering by Celtic AND EVERY semi final of b0th cups since 1968 so I think that I may have earned the right to comment now.

Our support was immense on Sunday but you know what, the players need NOT think that WE, as a support, do not see their performance and the game itself for what it was, a very poor attempt to win the cup (yes, against a superior team I have to admit). YES, they have got off lightly and PF too. :confused:

Thanks. I agree the support was immense on Sunday and never once have I suggested otherwise. Monktonharp if one of your previous posts was having a go at me about deciding who I should support I'm not sure why ?

My first final was in 79 and I believe to this day we should have won that, but bar a few minutes in each of the subsequent ones we've never looked like we could win it or even believe that we could.

On Sunday I sat there wondering why at two nil down we stuck our 2nd striker in midfield and proceeded to hoof balls up to our clearly unfit other one. We then waited til more than 70 minutes to make a change. It struck me that the manager at least didn't believe we could turn things around and was satisfied that we had worked hard and weren't facing another humiliation. Subsequent interviews from him and quotes attributed to the players haven't changed my view.

Saorsa
29-05-2013, 06:04 AM

2. I couldn't give a ****** what any no-mark outsiders think about our club. And since I haven't read it because it is in the ****** I'm going to have to assume that the author is precisely that.Nuff said :top marks

Weegie rag puts boot in tae Hibs, **** I nearly fell of ma seat with the shock :rolleyes:

Jones28
29-05-2013, 07:17 AM
They were things that we should have done better, I don't think anyone is disputing the defending at the first 2 goals was poor.

But why are the fans and players all of a sudden being slated for being gracious in defeat, showing a bit of class and staying till the end?

Damned if we do, damned if we don't.

I think the article undersells how much it ment to the players too, several of them sunk to their knees at the final whistle, Alex Harris was in tears too, or so I've heard.

jdships
29-05-2013, 07:44 AM
As once described by a Manager a few years ago ( can't remember his name )

" Colin Duncan - another Keith Jackson in waiting . Oh dear !! "

:greengrin

BarneyK
29-05-2013, 07:51 AM
They were things that we should have done better, I don't think anyone is disputing the defending at the first 2 goals was poor.

But why are the fans and players all of a sudden being slated for being gracious in defeat, showing a bit of class and staying till the end?

Damned if we do, damned if we don't.

I think the article undersells how much it ment to the players too, several of them sunk to their knees at the final whistle, Alex Harris was in tears too, or so I've heard.

:agree: It looked like Claros was quite upset at the end as well. What I certainly didn't see at the final whistle though was anyone celebrating a 3-0 defeat. Your point about Boozy is spot on when you consider that the article seemed to be suggesting that Sparky was the only one bothering his arse about the result. Shameful.

One Day Soon
29-05-2013, 08:12 AM

If it wasn't for your post count I'd be replying with LTYF. Either you weren't there or you are trolling or both.

SMAXXA
29-05-2013, 08:36 AM
If it wasn't for your post count I'd be replying with LTYF. Either you weren't there or you are trolling or both.

Ive seen a number of posters asking the question but not seen the answer, was he there or was he not?

Brightside
29-05-2013, 08:38 AM

I wish people would go on a basic coaching course before commenting on football. We'd end up with a lot less of the bollix like the first paragraph. Oh and maybe you should go and support a team that you actually like.

rainman
29-05-2013, 08:38 AM
Ive seen a number of posters asking the question but not seen the answer, was he there or was he not?

Certainly was.

Come on, "we all stayed till the end on Sunday and we did at another game 2 years ago as well". Something had to be said! ;-)

Steve-O
29-05-2013, 08:45 AM

He is right.

SMAXXA
29-05-2013, 08:53 AM
Certainly was.

Come on, "we all stayed till the end on Sunday and we did at another game 2 years ago as well". Something had to be said! ;-)

What seat number were you? :na na:

Treadstone
29-05-2013, 08:58 AM
1st rate plum.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/colin-duncan-hibs-face-long-1917215 (http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/colin-duncan-hibs-face-long-1917215)

Can you imagine Neil Lennon or any of his charges adopting the same approach in the wake of such a comprehensive doing?
Of course you couldn’t. No, it simply wouldn’t be allowed to happen under his watch.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-match-reports/juventus-2-celtic-0-champions-1748177

THE Champions League party might finally be over for Celtic but at least Neil Lennon and his players left the competition with their dignity intact last night.The aggregate scoreline may suggest otherwise. In fact, the five-goal chasm makes it look like a bit of a tanking has been dished out to Scotland’s champions and on paper it has.
But if it is possible to leave with a bit of style even amidst such messy circumstances, then Celtic just about managed it here in Turin.
They might not have won on Italian soil but neither were they taken apart or savaged by the best side in Serie A. Not by a long shot.:spammy:

Here's me thinking they took a five goal pissing over to a team that took a four goal pissing over.

rainman
29-05-2013, 09:15 AM
What seat number were you? :na na:

A1, next to the entrance :wink:

Just to play devils advocate a little longer, I just watched Tierry Henry on SSN saying he didn't think the players at Arsenal should've been celebrating finishing 4th in the league.

I also watched a doco on Alex Ferguson yesterday that showed his interview after the 1983 Scottish Cup Final win over Rangers. The interview starts at 2:20 on this link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GoSiBq2Q0MU

2 guys that have succeeded at the highest level. Does their attitude toward winning / not winning / keeping high standards have anything to do with their success and is there anything wrong with people at Hibs demanding the same?

Fenlon actually raised the standard from last year and it's something he's done very well. Do we need it raised even further to win this damn cup?

For me, the fans are a seperate issue and comes down to standing by the team at all times, not just in a final. Sunday was great and I'm sure Dunfermline 2 years ago was great as well. Wasn't at killie cup round this year but by all accounts the fans were excellent then as well. Any chance of doing this consistently?

BarneyK
29-05-2013, 09:31 AM

Just to play devils advocate a little longer, I just watched Tierry Henry on SSN saying he didn't think the players at Arsenal should've been celebrating finishing 4th in the league.

I also watched a doco on Alex Ferguson yesterday that showed his interview after the 1983 Scottish Cup Final win over Rangers. The interview starts at 2:20 on this link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GoSiBq2Q0MU

2 guys that have succeeded at the highest level. Does their attitude toward winning / not winning / keeping high standards have anything to do with their success and is there anything wrong with people at Hibs demanding the same?

Fenlon actually raised the standard from last year and it's something he's done very well. Do we need it raised even further to win this damn cup?

For me, the fans are a seperate issue and comes down to standing by the team at all times, not just in a final. Sunday was great and I'm sure Dunfermline 2 years ago was great as well. Wasn't at killie cup round this year but by all accounts the fans were excellent then as well. Any chance of doing this consistently?

I'm sure they are demanding the same. I again draw attention to the fact that tennis players always compliment their opponents, win, lose or draw post match. It's not a sign of subservience or accepted inferiority. You lose, you learn, you grow.

MB62
29-05-2013, 09:33 AM
. Wasn't at killie cup round this year but by all accounts the fans were excellent then as well. Any chance of doing this consistently?

Maybe not, if we are going to get slagged from some quarters for doing so.

Can I just add my tuppence worth on this subject.
I read the article in the ****** and I was raging at it. Ok, he does have some valid points but I don't really think the players were celebrating only getting beat 3-0. If you had seen their reaction and faces after the final whistle, then when they came over to acknowledge the fans support that we had given, I think this clown would have realised our players were gutted.
What somebody says in a press conference after a game is the club line and NOT necessarily how the individual feels, it happens every week in televised games e.g. Interviewer: What did you think of the penalty/sending off? manager: didn't see it at the time and haven't seen it yet so will wait until I see a replay before commenting.
To not understand that this is standard practice for players and managers is to have your heid up yer rs.

In saying that, we do have a problem at ER and it stems from the very top level and filters right down.

BarneyK
29-05-2013, 09:36 AM
He is right.

No he's not. He's being quite insulting infact to the players when he states that Sparky seemed to be the only one hurting. Personally, I could have understood if Barcelona had thrown the toys out the pram at the shocking decision to award the goal during their first leg tie with Bayern in spite of a blatant body check, but they didn't. They took it on the chin. Admitted that Bayern were the better side and moved on. It didn't make them losers. It made them gracious in defeat.

rainman
29-05-2013, 09:51 AM
I'm sure they are demanding the same. I again draw attention to the fact that tennis players always compliment their opponents, win, lose or draw post match. It's not a sign of subservience or accepted inferiority. You lose, you learn, you grow.

I agree and as the post below this says, it's probably the company line from the players but to paraphrase Hanlon, "We were well beaten and couldn't deal with Stokes' excellent deliveries". How does that bode for next season's games against Stokes and Hooper?

How about, "Stokes put in 2 great crosses and we were caught flat footed. We are young and have learned from it and I'll be putting anything that comes near me into the stand next season".

I know it's a case of symantics and communication but it does make a difference. It's a mind-set that has to be communicated throughout the club, not just in the changing rooms or on the training field.

With fear of seeming SAF obsessed, he was a master of communication. His post-match interview wouldn't only reflect on the game, he'd be sending a message of intent.

John Burridge: "Hately, come into my box and I'll break your back". Cup winning mentality.

Paul Hanlon: "We can't deal with Stokes' deliveries but our fans were great" Runner up mentality.

One Day Soon
29-05-2013, 09:55 AM

Well that doesn't quite fit with what you posted earlier in the thread:

"The sing along with 20 minutes to go was all very Tartan Army-esque made all the worse by the self congratulatory threads on here in the aftermath. 20,000 Hibbies, most of whom haven't been to a game all season, having a sing song after a day on the sauce, instead of walking out like they normally do."

Either you weren't there, you are trolling or what actually happened with the Hibs support in the last 20 minutes and after the final whistle just whooshed totally over your head. It was an emotional bonding between the fans and the team the like of which I have only ever felt after the league cup win over Killie during Sunshine on Leith and on the night of the AEK Athens game - both of which were immense pinnacles for the respective teams in green, regardless of the outcomes.

On Sunday I was down at the front in the second row right where Griffiths came over to us to hand over his shin pads. I saw him and all the other player's faces close up. They were totally gutted. They had given their all and failed. They maybe could have given their all more cleverly, in a different formation, with different substitutions or whatever but there's no question they had come to Hampden to try to win, no matter how long the odds.

People at Hibs are demanding high standards. You seem to be conveniently ignoring the fact that Fenlon's starting point was a club on it's knees, a team near relegation and a George Street squad mentality that didn't give a ****** about anything. Getting to where we want to be is going to take time and jumping on the bandwagon of pi5h that emanates from the ****** and others doesn't help. We serve only one purpose for the likes of them and that is to be a support cast for the ambitions of the Ugly Sisters. If one of their morons has written about us it will be ill informed, inaccurate and done purely to fill space in their rag rather than for any informative purpose. You will consistently get a better informed and higher standard of insightful writing on here (and more up to date too) than anything these goons produce.

Moon unit
29-05-2013, 09:58 AM

lets just give up yeah???...this was no sing song, it was getting behind the team/club!...ooh and by the way how do you know that most of the fans had not been to a game all season?..psychic! If you are that embarrassed why not tune into the EPL and choose a team say..Man U, instant success!

Brightside
29-05-2013, 09:58 AM
I agree and as the post below this says, it's probably the company line from the players but to paraphrase Hanlon, "We were well beaten and couldn't deal with Stokes' excellent deliveries". How does that bode for next season's games against Stokes and Hooper?

How about, "Stokes put in 2 great crosses and we were caught flat footed. We are young and have learned from it and I'll be putting anything that comes near me into the stand next season".

I know it's a case of symantics and communication but it does make a difference. It's a mind-set that has to be communicated throughout the club, not just in the changing rooms or on the training field.

With fear of seeming SAF obsessed, he was a master of communication. His post-match interview wouldn't only reflect on the game, he'd be sending a message of intent.

John Burridge: "Hately, come into my box and I'll break your back". Cup winning mentality.

Paul Hanlon: "We can't deal with Stokes' deliveries but our fans were great" Runner up mentality.

Sounds more like a leader of the defence not trying to come out and blame his team mates for the mistakes they made.

Vini1875
29-05-2013, 10:00 AM
I wouldn't get too upset. Neil Lennon was full of praise for his team making the last 16 in europe, they didn't win it, nor did they look like getting close. They did well to get there. lennon was realistic about his side.

Our team was not good enough to win the Scottish Cup, our players are bottom six material. We went to Hampden hoping rather than expecting. This was not a meeting of equals. Our guys tried and didn't give up, can we ask more of them? I think it is very different if we had a very talented team who just didn't turn up.

celtc were given all the incentives by the media about how poor they were at Hampden in the past. In this country according to the media they should never get beat. They have a massive budget and better players.

The media slagged Hibs for leaving v Falkirk and now the club is slagged for crying all the way home. F*** them, they are only really interested in maintaining the status quo and talking about the OF. If Hibs had won and the celtc fans had stayed and applauded, the media would cite them as wonderful ambassadors of the game.

s.a.m
29-05-2013, 10:23 AM
I wouldn't get too upset. Neil Lennon was full of praise for his team making the last 16 in europe, they didn't win it, nor did they look like getting close. They did well to get there. lennon was realistic about his side.

Our team was not good enough to win the Scottish Cup, our players are bottom six material. We went to Hampden hoping rather than expecting. This was not a meeting of equals. Our guys tried and didn't give up, can we ask more of them? I think it is very different if we had a very talented team who just didn't turn up.

celtc were given all the incentives by the media about how poor they were at Hampden in the past. In this country according to the media they should never get beat. They have a massive budget and better players.

The media slagged Hibs for leaving v Falkirk and now the club is slagged for crying all the way home. F*** them, they are only really interested in maintaining the status quo and talking about the OF. If Hibs had won and the celtc fans had stayed and applauded, the media would cite them as wonderful ambassadors of the game.

Quite. And I've just had a look at Celtic's league stats for this season, which are as follows: (see below. Formattting issues) I've highlighted in red the areas where his team have performed worse this season, in which their only real competitor wasn't present. And he wants us to show respect to Celtic for their 'achievements'. Presumably Colin Duncan thinks he's celebrating mediocrity, instead of getting stuck into his players for a worsening performance in the face of reduced competition?

s.a.m
29-05-2013, 10:28 AM
The first row of figures is season 2011/12, the second is this year.
W D L F A GD Pts

30 3 5 84 21 63 93
24 7 7 92 35 57 79

Twa Cairpets
29-05-2013, 10:29 AM

What a load of utterly patronising guff.
We were beaten by a better team. End of. The goals were good rather than bad, testament to good delivery and good finishing. If we had world class defenders then maybe we'd have dealt with them better. We don't.
As someone else said, the underlying loathing and contempt for the fans and the team that oozes from your posts suggests something isn't quite right. one minute you're having a go for supporting the team at the end "Loser mentality" to having a go for fans not supporting "part time fans". makes it easy for you just to be angry at everything, eh?

Personally, I was deeply proud to be a Hibby on Sunday - true support at the end. being a real football fan. If you cant see that, or you sat sulking at why these guys around you were singing when we were getting beaten in a cup final, then you're supporting the wrong team pal. One thing about being a Hibby, is that you're not in it for the endless parade of silverware.

JimBHibees
29-05-2013, 10:54 AM

Agree sickening that a great display of support which opposition players and commentators acknowledged as such is seen as celebrating defeat. Complete crock and just goes to show we are in many cases seen as a team to have a go at almost at every turn. We are slated for leaving, we are slated for brilliant support, jeezo anything else the Succulent lambs want to come up with, poor dress sense, colour of strip, hair styles etc.

There is one thing though the DR weegie rag that it is would never have the backbone to have had the same article in reverse if we had won and Celtic fans had done what we did.

Onion
29-05-2013, 11:13 AM

Harsh in places but cannot disagree with any of that. IMHO many Hibs fans have been so beaten up over the last few years by the horrendous performances, events and decisions taken by the Hibs Board that they've lost sight of what is acceptable standard in a cup final. It could easily be another 10 years before we get another chance at glory and many of these players will never get to another cup final. Wonder if many will still look back then with a sense if satisfaction or just regret?

Treadstone
29-05-2013, 11:14 AM
There is one thing though the DR weegie rag that it is would never have the backbone to have had the same article in reverse if we had won and Celtic fans had done what we did.

As I have posted earlier today he wrote a fawning article on Celtics champions league exit "head held high" and keek like that. Imagine playing second fiddle to Jackson and Keevins that's why they write guff like this.

BarneyK
29-05-2013, 11:20 AM
Harsh in places but cannot disagree with any of that. IMHO many Hibs fans have been so beaten up over the last few years by the horrendous performances, events and decisions taken by the Hibs Board that they've lost sight of what is acceptable standard in a cup final. It could easily be another 10 years before we get another chance at glory and many of these players will never get to another cup final. Wonder if many will still look back then with a sense if satisfaction or just regret?

Would you say there was a lack of effort?

Bad Martini
29-05-2013, 11:44 AM

What you desire has to start somewhere.

We weren't good enough.

Our top player and goal scorer, playmaker and star was injured and we were ****ed from there on in. Fact.

That doesn't Mean I didn't see him sprinting after dead balls even though he knew in his heart we were ****ed.

There comes a point when you decide if the losses ***** play and epic failure is worth it any more. Most decide it is and go back. And we ****ingwell reserve the right to support the boys when the opposition want to be plastic ****ers and be wide. Sometimes a spark is needed to reignite unity.

**** all to do with the tartan army style togetherness which is rare. More to do with real, unfakable sense of being one. It's braw. You are right in that it should happen more. As I said, it has to start somewhere. We made the first move and a long way from last season's failures. Now we have to push on and both team and fans are better together than at each others throats. That's why God gave us hearts, rangers and celtic to despise

GGTTH

joe breezy
29-05-2013, 12:17 PM
I agree with the guy. Hibs were not good enough at the weekend.

I hated how Fenlon and the players thought we were clapping them - I was defiantly singing because I am proud to be Hibs - we are hubs, not the players so much and certainly not when they play like that.

It wasn't good enough but yes there is some progress but I would not say that we couldn't have done any better at the weekend, Celtic were terrible at times.

SMAXXA
29-05-2013, 12:43 PM

I hated how Fenlon and the players thought we were clapping them - I was defiantly singing because I am proud to be Hibs - we are hubs, not the players so much and certainly not when they play like that.

It wasn't good enough but yes there is some progress but I would not say that we couldn't have done any better at the weekend, Celtic were terrible at times.

I was clapping them :confused:

TrinityHibs
29-05-2013, 12:48 PM

Exactly how many cups did Burridge win and how many did Mark Hateley win?

Also Paul Hanlon didnt say can't he possibly said couldn't or didn't but lets not worry about semantics.

basehibby
29-05-2013, 01:43 PM
.........The sing along with 20 minutes to go was all very Tartan Army-esque made all the worse by the self congratulatory threads on here in the aftermath. 20,000 Hibbies, most of whom haven't been to a game all season, having a sing song after a day on the sauce, instead of walking out like they normally do..........

Didn't read the bit in the ****** but the above is pure murder by itself! If not for his 6000 odd posts I think we'd all be calling "off with this Yam Fud's smelly empty heid"!

Everything about this post is full of brown stuff - first of all, "20,000 Hibbies, most of whom haven't been to a game all season"...... just where do you get that from FFS??? We have an average home attendance of about 9500 with c 7000 STs and a record home attendance this season of c 14,000, so your figures don't stack up mate - AT ALL!

Also - your interpretation of the spontaneous and defiant display of devotion to the Hibs cause produced by all Hibees present when all hope of success had already vanished is utterly cringeable - every Hibby there was gutted that we didn't win, but the majority RIGHTLY decided to applaud the team - including a certain 28 goal striker who they might never see again in a Hibs top - at the end of a long hard season. Now hurry along and take your anti-depressants cos I suspect you've missed a few doses.

One Day Soon
29-05-2013, 01:47 PM

Um, that's because we were...

NAE NOOKIE
29-05-2013, 08:12 PM
He slags Hibs for the match and the aftermath of it, but fails to give us any credit for making it to the final through a very tough draw.

He draws no comparison between the two clubs in the final and their respective incomes and player buying power.

He fails to mention the irony of the fact that celtics two best players on the day were both aquired from Hibs.

It is a dissappointment that on the day we didnt make the game more of a contest by taking celtic down to the wire. But his comments on Hibs would have been a lot nearer the mark if we had been playing Dundee Utd.

He is a knob

Jonnyboy
29-05-2013, 08:25 PM

The points you make may well be valid but Franck Suzy is spot on re that particular occasion

Edit: Having now read the whole thread and found myself stunned by Hibs fans criticising Hibs fans for stooping so low as to stay to the end and sing out their support for the team, can I just say it was fantastic, so get over it

Swedish hibee
29-05-2013, 08:57 PM
How did this thread get from the media criticizing Hibs fans, to Hibs fans criticizing fellow Hibs fans? :confused:

FranckSuzy
29-05-2013, 09:03 PM
How did this thread get from the media criticizing Hibs fans, to Hibs fans criticizing fellow Hibs fans? :confused:

Good question! :rolleyes:

clerriehibs
29-05-2013, 09:07 PM

Some folk choose to do other things with their lives every week, rather than dogmatically follow Hibs on their travails. Some folk choose to live on the other side of the world, and harp on about our crap support.

Jones28
30-05-2013, 10:15 AM

So who were the thousands that applauded aiming it at? Not Celtic thats for sure.

jacomo
30-05-2013, 02:44 PM
Some folk choose to do other things with their lives every week, rather than dogmatically follow Hibs on their travails. Some folk choose to live on the other side of the world, and harp on about our crap support.

You can either bemoan the fact that half the Hampden crowd don't come to ER on a regular basis, or think about the potential Hibs have if people have something to believe in.

I don't believe the Hibs fans accept mediocrity - indeed, many vote with their feet by not showing up. Hampden seemed more like a celebration of our potential and the affection we have for the club, more than anything else. If the team start to click then who knows what we could achieve?

iwasthere1972
30-05-2013, 03:02 PM

I thought we were clapping the police and the stewards on a fine job done.