PDA

View Full Version : New Players

banarc7062
28-05-2013, 07:54 PM
A couple of seasons ago Jocky Scott offered trials at Stirling Albion to players who had been freed by clubs for one reason or another. He even arranged for them to pay £200 for the trial in the hope that they would gain a contract! He had a fantastic response. Surely we could consider the same sort of scheme with players turning up at our training H/Q. With so many players looking for clubs in this close season we might unearth some experience to help our blossoming youngsters. Just a thought with no big budget to spend.

Mister P
28-05-2013, 08:34 PM
Is that not usually an approach from a club who are desperate/skint rather this have to compete in any way in a transfer market. Not shooting u down bud.

Mister P
28-05-2013, 08:36 PM
Actually, I'm almost creating there's a tournament of some sort where agents can enter their players who are out if contract, maybe in Holland during the closed season? Something tells me we got Konte from one of these, or maybe he'd been involved in one in the past?

hibee19
28-05-2013, 08:49 PM
This reminds me of the movie Invincible if anyone has seen it.

Gmack7
28-05-2013, 09:13 PM
did homfc not try this with a large % of the lithuanian population?

KanyeWestLower
28-05-2013, 09:56 PM
This reminds me of the movie Invincible if anyone has seen it.

Top film by the way

West hamBERNIAN
28-05-2013, 10:12 PM
Actually, I'm almost creating there's a tournament of some sort where agents can enter their players who are out if contract, maybe in Holland during the closed season? Something tells me we got Konte from one of these, or maybe he'd been involved in one in the past?

Not sure about konte but the tournament definitely existed a few years back, think real radio had something to do with it. Don't think the players involved back then where particularly well known, youngsters mainly.

edinburghhibee
28-05-2013, 10:15 PM
Didn't van zanten come from something similar

Ozyhibby
28-05-2013, 11:15 PM
We could have celebrity judges with spinning chairs and a public phone vote.
In fact, without spinning chairs we'd be wasting our time.