PDA

View Full Version : Section 43, funding displays for next season?

KdyHby
28-05-2013, 05:25 PM
Any fundraisers planned for 2013-14/can donations be sent during the close season?

hibee_nation
28-05-2013, 06:07 PM
Hope the boys can get something sorted for our euro tie. :flag:

KdyHby
28-05-2013, 06:36 PM
Got this disappointing news:

To be honest it's looking unlikely that Section 43 will be a group next season so we aren't accepting any donations at the moment.

hibee_nation
28-05-2013, 06:40 PM
Bloomin typical just when i moved my ST to sect 43 from 40 tae. :greengrin

Keith_M
28-05-2013, 06:55 PM
Bloomin typical just when i moved my ST to sect 43 from 40 tae. :greengrin

Don't worry about it, you still have the '12th Man'. Sect43 are just splitters anyway :wink:

Mister P
28-05-2013, 06:55 PM
Why?

The work they have done has been superb. Everyone knows who they are, the new chants have been successful, more colour and noise. 100% what they set out to achieve!

What's happened?

Waxy
28-05-2013, 07:13 PM
Why?

The work they have done has been superb. Everyone knows who they are, the new chants have been successful, more colour and noise. 100% what they set out to achieve!

What's happened?John stole a sweetie from jimmy

Devilstorment
28-05-2013, 07:34 PM
bagsie the drum!

Mister P
28-05-2013, 07:43 PM
Seriously though, I know there's a few bah humpbugs on here moaning about not wanting to be under a piece if card etc, and that's all fair enough, but the majority of fans fully appreciate the work that's been done. Last seasons final display, the semi display and this years final display all outdid our opponents. The songs and chants have been great, these songs etc were a massive part of what united the support at the end of the final.

Something's telling me this is not a decision from the boys themselves. Can anyone shed some light?

Jonnyboy
28-05-2013, 07:46 PM
Seriously though, I know there's a few bah humpbugs on here moaning about not wanting to be under a piece if card etc, and that's all fair enough, but the majority of fans fully appreciate the work that's been done. Last seasons final display, the semi display and this years final display all outdid our opponents. The songs and chants have been great, these songs etc were a massive part of what united the support at the end of the final.

Something's telling me this I'd not a decision from the boys themselves. Can anyone shed some light?

Edin Capitals posted ..... To be honest it's looking unlikely that Section 43 will be a group next season so we aren't accepting any donations at the moment.... which he/she presumably had sent to him/her or had access too. If we knew the source that might help shed some light.

Scouse Hibee
28-05-2013, 07:48 PM
I thought I'd better post on this thread so as not to disappoint Bouncer Ross :greengrin

The display at the cup final took one hell of a lot of work and organisation so top marks to all involved in putting that together. Section 43 have only brought positive things to ER and Hibs in general so if they are not together as a group next season they will be missed there is no doubt about it.

Well done guys what ever happens to your group, I think you can safely day that you made a huge impact on the match day experience and can be proud of what you have achieved. :top marks

Mister P
28-05-2013, 07:52 PM
I thought I'd better post on this thread so as not to disappoint Bouncer Ross :greengrin

The display at the cup final took one hell of a lot of work and organisation so top marks to all involved in putting that together. Section 43 have only brought positive things to ER and Hibs in general so if they are not together as a group next season they will be missed there is no doubt about it.

Well done guys what ever happens to your group, I think you can safely day that you made a huge impact on the match day experience and can be proud of what you have achieved. :top marks
Yes! Which is why it can't be allowed to stop.
If individuals are unable to give it the commitment they think it needs that is such a shame, hopefully there's others who would be willing to join their ranks, if that's what it is.

Billy Whizz
28-05-2013, 07:54 PM
Yes! Which is why it can't be allowed to stop.
If individuals are unable to give it the commitment they think it needs that is such a shame, hopefully there's others who would be willing to join their ranks, if that's what it is.

Step in then mister p

Mister P
28-05-2013, 07:59 PM
Bill, you and anyone else who knows me know I'd be all over this like a dug on a meat couch, but unfortunately I work Saturdays, live miles out if town and have family, hence why I understand if its a time/able to commit issue. Such a shame, our songs and displays were putting us miles above anyone in the spl.

I really hope these guys can continue it!

Billy Whizz
28-05-2013, 08:01 PM
Bill, you and anyone else who knows me know I'd be all over this like a dug on a meat couch, but unfortunately I work Saturdays, live miles out if town and have family, hence why I understand if its a time/able to commit issue. Such a shame, our songs and displays were putting us miles above anyone in the spl.

I really hope these guys can continue it!

I do too, and you need to get your priorities in life right, like I do😄

Mister P
28-05-2013, 08:03 PM
I've already gave up Hibeernian to be able to spend more time with my son, if I did this it would be certain divorce!

(See you in June boys) :duck:

Blackburn Hibee
28-05-2013, 08:06 PM
Really hope Section 43 carry on... Travell from Blackburn to home games and really enjoy the noise and atmosphere they create!! And it would be a shame for them to stop, after all the hard work they have put in to creating an atmosphere, at matches!!

barcahibs
28-05-2013, 08:33 PM
Just want to add my agreement to the majority sentiment on this thread.

I was one of the biggest critics of the card display idea involving the whole crowd for the final - and to be honest I still think card displays are daft (and I didn't participate).

That doesn't mean that I can't appreciate the amount of work and dedication that went into their creation. It would be a shame if that passion and dedication for the club was allowed to slip away.

Whatever the arguments about displays/smoke bombs/orchestrated singing (I'm against all three by the way :greengrin ) it surely cannot be denied by anyone that Section 43 was/is a good thing.

They've even brought me round in favour of their bloody drum - used in moderation natch :greengrin

I hope they find a way to continue their input into the Hibee family.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
28-05-2013, 08:35 PM
Sect 43 have been immense and a credit to our club. Would be sad to no longer see them together.

Bleeds green
28-05-2013, 08:41 PM
Section 43 have been immense seriously hope they keep going. See over on keekback they have a thread mocking 43 doesn't beat the pink carriage corner brigade, what a bunch of delinquents

Makaveli
28-05-2013, 08:41 PM
I hope there's no truth in rumours that the disbandment is a reaction to the bullsh** spouted by jealous soapdodgers about the funding of the display. Honestly, their chat about it not being how "real ultras" behave is cringeworthy and should be ignored. FAO Sect43: if you were liked by the Green Brigade and whatever shan group the Huns have going, something would be wrong.

Not accepting the funding from Hills would have essentially amounted to denying £300 to Kicks for Kids and £150 to the headstone fund. The right decision was made IMO, and the display wasn't even "sponsored" in the way some folk are making out.

Fact is the atmosphere at Hibs games is better because of Sect43's various work.

eastterrace
28-05-2013, 08:42 PM
Just want to add my agreement to the majority sentiment on this thread.

I was one of the biggest critics of the card display idea involving the whole crowd for the final - and to be honest I still think card displays are daft (and I didn't participate).

That doesn't mean that I can't appreciate the amount of work and dedication that went into their creation. It would be a shame if that passion and dedication for the club was allowed to slip away.

Whatever the arguments about displays/smoke bombs/orchestrated singing (I'm against all three by the way :greengrin ) it surely cannot be denied by anyone that Section 43 was/is a good thing.

They've even brought me round in favour of their bloody drum - used in moderation natch :greengrin

I hope they find a way to continue their input into the Hibee family.

if we all didnt participate in the card display then all that hard work would have been wasted , it was only a couple of minutes of your time, they at least deserved that, still you cant force people but its a shame some people think like that.

Pretty Boy
28-05-2013, 08:47 PM
Section 43 probably isn't my scene to be involved in but it's impossible to argue against the work they have done and the improvement in atmosphere.

If the problem is with the rest of the fans then I think you need to think again as most support you. If it's an internal problem then sort it out lads.

barcahibs
28-05-2013, 08:48 PM
if we all didnt participate in the card display then all that hard work would have been wasted , it was only a couple of minutes of your time, they at least deserved that, still you cant force people but its a shame some people think like that.

Went over all this in threads before the game mate. I think it was a mistake to require the whole support to participate - some folk (like me) don't want to be behind a piece of card as the players come out. A card display in defined areas that people can choose to avoid is fine by me.

Anyway don't want to derail the thread - once again whatever my feelings on their approach at times - Section 43 is a good thing.

At The Edge
28-05-2013, 08:48 PM
We'll all take time out over the summer, The Hills issue has caused a few words, but nothing that can't be sorted, most of us still have ST's in S43 so we'll still be there every week and the drum will still be getting thumped, but remember as Sunday showed we are all S43, you can start the singing in any part of the ground and we'll all join in. See you all next season......or whenever the preseason starts :thumbsup:

Bleeds green
28-05-2013, 08:52 PM
We'll all take time out over the summer, The Hills issue has caused a few words, but nothing that can't be sorted, most of us still have ST's in S43 so we'll still be there every week and the drum will still be getting thumped, but remember as Sunday showed we are all S43, you can start the singing in any part of the ground and we'll all join in. See you all next season......or whenever the preseason starts :thumbsup:

So it's no disbanding then mate

frazeHFC
28-05-2013, 08:56 PM
See over on keekback they have a thread mocking 43 doesn't beat the pink carriage corner brigade, what a bunch of delinquents

The fact the first post states Sect43 spits on ball boys, starts all the Mercer songs and is a group of 15 year olds shows how much they know. The Hibs support has pissed all over them this season, and Sect43 or no Sect43 that's not changing any time soon!

jabis
28-05-2013, 09:00 PM
so we can't sing anymore :confused:

nice job sect43 by the way,for all your efforts through the year,it did make a welcome addition :thumbsup:

trev the hat
28-05-2013, 09:00 PM
These guys have been a breath of fresh air since they were formed and their efforts very much enhance a matchday experience IMO Onwards and upwards Sect43 :aok:

LancashireHibby
28-05-2013, 09:04 PM
Last season I think the atmosphere at some of the games, largely down to Sect43, was something that kept a lot of us sane. This season it really kicked on and the atmosphere at some of the games, especially the cup games, will live long in the memory. Would be a huge shame if this didn't continue for whatever reason, but I perfectly understand if folk are struggling to commit the time that they feel is required to do the job properly. Hopefully it will 'only' be the displays and the like that take a step back, with the noise and atmosphere continuing to progress like it has in the past 2 years. Those last 10 minutes on Sunday were a culmination of the sheer graft being put in week after week - it would be a massive loss for all that hard work to go to waste.

007 Mickey Weir
28-05-2013, 09:10 PM
Gutted if this is true! The Sect43 have been amazing all season and will leave a huge void in atmosphere.

Ease reconsider even just for singing rather than displays.

Jonnyboy
28-05-2013, 09:19 PM
Gutted if this is true! The Sect43 have been amazing all season and will leave a huge void in atmosphere.

Far as I can make out it's the display organisation bit that won't continue. Pretty sure the guys and gals will still be leading the singing both home and away (hope so anyway)

ronaldo7
28-05-2013, 09:22 PM
http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/index.php?/topic/128528-section-43-no-more/

The yam pr!cks are jealous of what has become a great base for all hibees to get behind the team in a positive way.

Keep it together guys/girls. You are credit to the club in everything you've done.:flag:

FranckSuzy
28-05-2013, 09:25 PM
I just wanted to add that I have appreciated all of your efforts over the season and I believe that you brought back harmony between the club and the fans, which after THAT final, was no mean feat :top marks

Bishop Hibee
28-05-2013, 09:34 PM
It would be a pity if Sect 43 disbanded. As many have posted, the atmosphere at ER has been far better with Sect 43 leading the way. As for the funding of the display, the Green Brigade are a bunch of pseudo lefties who conveniently ignore John Reid as a former Chairman and they have a billionaire owner. If they were really bothered about money they'd start an FC Celtc of Glasgow and wave their wee Basque/Palestinian/Catalan flags, every flag of independence except the Scottish Saltire btw, away from Darkheid.

Hope to see a stronger Sect 43 at ER next season.

Johnny Clash
28-05-2013, 09:44 PM
I hope there's no truth in rumours that the disbandment is a reaction to the bullsh** spouted by jealous soapdodgers about the funding of the display. Honestly, their chat about it not being how "real ultras" behave is cringeworthy and should be ignored. FAO Sect43: if you were liked by the Green Brigade and whatever shan group the Huns have going, something would be wrong.

Not accepting the funding from Hills would have essentially amounted to denying £300 to Kicks for Kids and £150 to the headstone fund. The right decision was made IMO, and the display wasn't even "sponsored" in the way some folk are making out.

Fact is the atmosphere at Hibs games is better because of Sect43's various work.

Spot on. Let's not forget the original ethos of our club was to give funds to the poor and good causes.

You could say our donations paid for the display and we then liberated money from big business and gave to good causes!

Either way, I just hope Sect 43 can find a way to continue for the common good of the club and keep on banging the drum!!

Mister P
28-05-2013, 09:46 PM
according to some knobanov on Brokeback, S43 have had a wee tiff about accepting money from Willy hills. 2 things here.....I can guarantee WH have taken more money from any support than it has given out. secondly, who gives a ***** how you guys fund your projects (other than any illegal means that is).

"crayons, pots and pans" words fail me!

LancashireHibby
28-05-2013, 09:49 PM
according to some knobanov on Brokeback, S43 have had a wee tiff about accepting money from Willy hills. 2 things here.....I can guarantee WH have taken more money from any support than it has given out. secondly, who gives a ***** how you guys fund your projects (other than any illegal means that is).

"crayons, pots and pans" words fail me!
I particularly liked the one about bake sales. My irony meter exploded at that point.

Mister P
28-05-2013, 09:51 PM
for the record.
Id gladly offer my services to fundraising for S43. I've pm them in the past with what I could possibly help them with..

Scouse Hibee
28-05-2013, 09:54 PM
Has anyone from SECT 43 confirmed this yet? Not that they have to right enough especially if it's all a bit raw between them but it would be nice (or nosey) to know what is actually going on.

lEXO
28-05-2013, 09:57 PM
Has anyone from SECT 43 confirmed this yet? Not that they have to right enough especially if it's all a bit raw between them but it would be nice (or nosey) to know what is actually going on.It was a post on the bounce from a section 43 guy I know pretty well. Hopefully they sort it and keep up the good work

Pretty Boy
28-05-2013, 10:03 PM
I particularly liked the one about bake sales. My irony meter exploded at that point.

On a, kind of, unrelated note what I love about kickback is the ***** that seem to want to take the piss out of this site and Hibs in general the most are the ones that spent plenty time over here beggingbto be pals. Mr Lawson, Tazio, a girl whos name escape me (she loved rattling the charity tin over here then running off to slag us when it was full) and the statto guy who used to seem alright but now loves his cheap digs.

FromTheCapital
28-05-2013, 10:12 PM
I renewed my season ticket from the West Lower to Section 43 :rolleyes: Anyway, great job with the display's and all the hard work and effort that went into them. Hope that there will still be the drum etc in the Section 43 part next season! :aok:

FifeHibernian
28-05-2013, 10:21 PM
Wtf I'll be seriously gutted if S43 disband. You guys made a huge improvement to the atmosphere at ER. If it's about the Willy Hill thing then don't split up. You guys are too important to split up over something so stupid! And I don't see why it's such a big deal anyway. It's not like William Hill actually told you what to put on the display. Can anyone from S43 explain what's happened? Come on guys stay together!

dalmeny62
28-05-2013, 10:31 PM
4 more here who have moved to Section 43 next season. We are hoping to help build on everything that's currently in place.

Mister P
28-05-2013, 10:38 PM
this is why they must continue!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nqZKC6CyDRY

edinburghhibee
28-05-2013, 10:43 PM
I moved from the north lower to sect 43 this season and wow what a difference. You guys do a smashing job and I think you will see an increase in folk having seasons in 42,43 and 44 just to be in that mix.

Regardless however I'm certain you will all still sing when someone pipes up with a song.

shetlandhibee
28-05-2013, 10:53 PM
Why are they stopping:confused: they have been amazing and it would be great if they carried on:thumbsup:

UltrasHibernian
28-05-2013, 11:04 PM
Hearts lads I know have sprayed a banner "tynie ultras"

Love the Green
29-05-2013, 08:06 AM

:top marks
Well said a breath of fresh air these guys have brought to the club,great afforts at all times to ensure we support the team. Would be nice to know why this has happened .

"keep the faith"
:flag:

DC_Hibs
29-05-2013, 09:11 AM
Hearts lads I know have sprayed a banner "tynie c0cks"

Good name for a group to be fair!

Sweep
29-05-2013, 09:20 AM
3 of have just moved to sect 43 as well, gutted to be honest they were doing such a good job. Lets hope they can be there next season louder and stronger.

:pfgwa:flag::pfgwa

wookie70
29-05-2013, 09:29 AM
I think the Section 43 guys have done a great job in improving the atmosphere at games. Love the drum and the flags and appreciate the hard work you guys put in.The card displays are a pain for me as I really enjoy watching the team come onto the pitch and giving them some encouragement.

Waxy
29-05-2013, 11:01 AM
Absolute top card display. Think it's only a small minority of moanin faces that dont. I had to coax a couple of guys to get their cards ready at the final. Anyway sect43 brill job. Keep together and keep up the great work.

Benny Brazil
29-05-2013, 11:36 AM
http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/index.php?/topic/128528-section-43-no-more/

The yam pr!cks are jealous of what has become a great base for all hibees to get behind the team in a positive way.

Keep it together guys/girls. You are credit to the club in everything you've done.:flag:

To be fair - there are some of the Yams on that thread disagreeing and saying they could do with something similar at Tynie.

I really hope Sect43 continues - they bring some well needed atmosphere to the games

kentao
29-05-2013, 11:46 AM
The guys in Section 43 are a credit to the club. I would hate to see them break up as things will really start to kick on for next season with more people moving over to the area who all enjoy a good sing song.

Keep at it guys your doing a great job.

GGTTH

eezyrider
29-05-2013, 12:07 PM
I think I'm confused. Section 43 are splitting up due to a disagreement about taking money from William Hill? I can fully understand the Scottish Cup sponsors wanting to donate money to help make the final that bit special. Why the spitting out of the dummy?

Section 43 have done a great job - it would be a real shame if they were to disband.

EZ

cabbageandribs1875
29-05-2013, 12:11 PM
Hearts lads I know have sprayed a banner "tynie sex offenders"

more apt

Devilstorment
29-05-2013, 12:12 PM
I was considering moving in across but there arent many decent seats left is sect 43. Mines is a beauty in the East just now

edinburghhibee
29-05-2013, 12:13 PM
So where is frazel, bouncer Ross and sect 43 in here why can't they just tell us what's happening?

cabbageandribs1875
29-05-2013, 12:15 PM

after each display it then becomes a kinda necessity to try and better the last one i imagine, then the next etc etc....that's a lot of continuous dosh needed i guess

Chuck Rhoades
29-05-2013, 12:27 PM
Because nothing is set in stone at the moment although it looks unlikely Sect43 will be together next season. We'll all still be there backing the time win, lose or draw in the usual section bar two/three of the lads. Doubt there will be much colour/displays either probably focus on the vocal side of things.

Few reasons for the split, wouldn't be fair on the other lads to put everything on here. We'll be meeting up in the summer, hopefully iron out some issues and move forward together whether it be as individuals or some fom of group.

silverhibee
29-05-2013, 12:49 PM
What happens with all the flags/banners.

Leishy1995
29-05-2013, 01:03 PM
Because nothing is set in stone at the moment although it looks unlikely Sect43 will be together next season. We'll all still be there backing the time win, lose or draw in the usual section bar two/three of the lads. Doubt there will be much colour/displays either probably focus on the vocal side of things.

Few reasons for the split, wouldn't be fair on the other lads to put everything on here. We'll be meeting up in the summer, hopefully iron out some issues and move forward together whether it be as individuals or some fom of group.

Think what should be important is the backing you all get from other fans at this club. They all love the work and want to help fund you already. The players at the club likely know you guys are the reason they get Such backing and I'm sure they would live you to still be around next year too.

Scottie
29-05-2013, 01:30 PM

Sect 43 has been a breath o fresh air to the atmostphere at match's

Your performance on Sunday pished all over the "Green Brigade" with noise and colour

Stick at it lads your efforts are wholly and fully appreciated with all concerned with our club :aok:

darwenhibby
29-05-2013, 01:54 PM

Ross what you guys have done has been a breath of fresh air at ER. if others got offered they would have bit their hand off.
Its the first time in years feel like the Hibs support is united and going in the same direction.

Those last 15 mins at Hampden would not have happened if it wasn't you guys putting in the effort that you did all season.

Hopefully you can sort out any issues and keep up the good work:pfgwa

FifeHibernian
29-05-2013, 03:58 PM

Whatever the reason you've had a fallout it would be so good if you stayed together. I really liked the displays and flags and they can only get better. Hope you can come to an agreement with each other because although the singing will continue I still think that it's good to have some sort of 'figurehead' group that's really passionate. Like I've said I really hope you keep it going.

blackpoolhibs
29-05-2013, 04:06 PM
Been told they have had a better offer from a team from the west, better money and a longer contract? :confused:

Waxy
29-05-2013, 04:27 PM
Been told they have had a better offer from a team from the west, better money and a longer contract? :confused:That'd be just like celtic.they like our supporters so they'll buy our supporters.

JHFC
29-05-2013, 04:31 PM
'Scottish Football fans will sing when they are winning.**Always have and likely will.' Found this quote funny from over the road. They obviously didn't hear us on Sunday!

If Sect43 do split up, which we all hope you don't, then I would just like to say a big thank you for all your efforts to improve the atmosphere at ER. Every single one of you are a credit to the club!

If they split up we will still have their voices to cheer on the team. I would still encourage anyone who was planning on moving their seat to in and about this area so we can improve the noise even more so!

Lets hope the Sect43 lads sort everything out and we the fans kick on from where we have left off from!

Hibeesmad
29-05-2013, 04:41 PM
Sect43 have been great this season and they get the atmosphere up and running, if they stop then it would be a huge disappointment! Hopefully there are a few more people who are wanting to join the group and make it even stronger. :flag:

Jonnyboy
29-05-2013, 06:51 PM
Please read the post from Ross, above. He is saying that S43 looks unlikely to continue in its present form BUT the vast majority of the lads and lassies will still be there every week singing their lungs out. The displays have been well conceived and executed over the months but it's the NOISE these guys make that's most important IMO

djs69
29-05-2013, 08:03 PM
So section 43 are splitting up. The rumours are flowing. Too many actions( displays) not enough words(songs). Have they had affairs with the 12th man?
Will they get back together and tour the country after a few unsuccessful solo careers?
In gutted, but keeping my scarf and will love them always !

cam75
29-05-2013, 11:35 PM
Ok can sombody start a poll for this ?much respect for you guys in 43
GGTTH

God Petrie
29-05-2013, 11:46 PM
They've done a great job in starting a new fan culture following the loss of the old east terrace. Our fans have been spectacular this season particularly against Killie and in the Final.

Hope they stick around for next season.

Pete
31-05-2013, 05:35 AM
That'd be just like celtic.they like our supporters so they'll buy our supporters.

Celtic FC wouldn't exist if greed and commercialism didn't.

I'd like to see how their "organic ultras" get on without the funding and effort from all those individuals from outside Glasgow who are basically latching on to a good thing. The green brigade can be as artistic as they want but they've as much credibility in my eyes as a group of ultras who attach themselves to Asda or Tesco. Ten boys from Dunfermline with a drum, some banners and some soul are worth 1000 of them.

They're the most "fake" football club in the UK and anything these Celtic muppets do is meaningless in my eyes and they certainly have no right to judge anyone else. How can you have meaning when you have no foundation? They're just a bunch of wannabe anarchists who don't even know that they are being just as bad as the people they are "against".

Anyway...I hope our boys sort something out and keep up good work both home and away. You were only a few years old and were still learning and I hope to see some Sect43 presence kicking about next season.

Time For Heroes
31-05-2013, 06:11 AM
They've done a great job in starting a new fan culture following the loss of the old east terrace. Our fans have been spectacular this season particularly against Killie and in the Final.

Hope they stick around for next season.

This.

Johnny Clash
31-05-2013, 07:54 AM
It's great to see so many positive posts about the work Section 43 have been doing.

The comments from Celtcs Green Brigade are pathetic and hugely ironic - for reasons already pointed out. That club's treachery was even mentioned in the Cup Final programme!

There's every chance Sect 43 could be the victims of their own success? What starts off as a few mates down the pub organising some songs, a drum and banners grows into a popular organisation that can raise thousands and produce the biggest card display Hampden has ever seen. Remember this thread was started coz the OP wanted to make regular donations as do others.

There's bound to be different opinions and ideas wthin Sect 43 and without a democratic structure (like exist at Hibs Supporters Club branches) there is a danger people can feel hacked off. I'd say it was inevitable.

I've likewise been impressed with the way our St. Pats branch has been organised and I intend to join myself so maybe some experienced HSC organisers can offer help if this is partly the problem? This might take some pressure off a few individuals and end up with a stronger Sect 43?

Anyway, it's important the lads and lassies keep their chins up in the full knowledge that the hibee nation appreciates all their hard work.

cwilliamson85
31-05-2013, 11:40 AM
What was actually said by the green brigade as I couldn’t find quotes on here?

Surely they were offered the same amount from William Hill to go towards there display?

As stated before the green brigade is of greater numbers than section43 but they are also of greater wealth due to some rich “members” in their ranks. They take hand outs all the time and are always seen at home games / surrounding areas / pubs with charity / bucket collections to raise funds so I don’t see the issue with Sect43 accepting cash.

If it is internal squabbling between members / people who started it all they need to do it read this thread and see how much pleasure they have brought to other fans (home and away) and realise they are only at the start of something that could become big.

Johnny Clash
31-05-2013, 12:11 PM
What was actually said by the green brigade as I couldn’t find quotes on here?

Surely they were offered the same amount from William Hill to go towards there display?

As stated before the green brigade is of greater numbers than section43 but they are also of greater wealth due to some rich “members” in their ranks. They take hand outs all the time and are always seen at home games / surrounding areas / pubs with charity / bucket collections to raise funds so I don’t see the issue with Sect43 accepting cash.

If it is internal squabbling between members / people who started it all they need to do it read this thread and see how much pleasure they have brought to other fans (home and away) and realise they are only at the start of something that could become big.

Their gripe is that we were taking money off of WH so that makes us not independent. They even held up a poxy banner at the Cup Final trying to have a go. Thing is, they must feel bitter coz Sect 43 have p1shed all over them in a short period of time. We've been original with our ideas whereas they copy everyone.

It shouldn't matter what these jealous eejits think anyway. We just need to help ensure Sect 43's achievements continue especially as there is a noticeable feel good factor building up at ER nowadays and next season will be crucial.

GreenCastle
31-05-2013, 12:25 PM
Keep Section 43 - the noise, colour, flags, displays have been terrific!

The William Hill argument is nonsense - Crabbies helped last year and for a one off game why not use the help of someone else.

The game in Scotland needs supporters groups / displays at the stadium - makes the occasion so much more memorable and other teams (yams / celtic etc) are just jealous and feel threatened.

With the football and results being so poor on over the last few years - Sec 43 have brought some positive energy and atmosphere to games.

Imagine Sec 43 when we are performing well and the cup final showed what the potential when a small group of people can help get the larger crowd of people going with the drum and signing etc - I would love to sample another atmosphere like the cup final.

Mon Dieu4
31-05-2013, 12:56 PM
Who cares what a bunch of mhanky bhassas who put H in places it shouldn't be and can't even spell the nhame of their own fitba club think

OHFF

Waxy
31-05-2013, 02:57 PM
The green brigade are being poisonous.
Can only think they are jealous of Sect43 and have done this to try and cause a split in the ranks.
unreal.i hate celtic.

Devilstorment
31-05-2013, 03:13 PM
Is part of the issue not that Sect 43 were set up opposed to "modern" football?

So technically accepting what is effectively sponsorship from companies which facilitate "modern" football would be frowned upon by some in the camp. Which I can see why it would cause issues (regardless of my own views on the subject)

Some type of Charter laying down the law so to speak could/should prevent anything like this happening in future?

failing that the people who want to continue with sect43 (or perhaps i should phrase it as the people who want to continue the fantastic work that sect 43 has started) could expand to be a more traditional yet unconventional supporters club.

Either way, I love the work that they have done to improve the atmosphere at ER and would be sorry to see it diminish.

GGTTH

linlithgowhibbie
31-05-2013, 08:01 PM
If there was to be a split in S43 could they not have 2 smaller groups, S43, and whatever the other part of the split is called could set up in the FF lower or West stand opposite S43 and chant/sing at each other like we see at some European grounds!

Still prefer a strong loud and proud S43 tho'

:flag:

Barney McGrew
31-05-2013, 08:55 PM
If S43 is disbanding, any chance they can take the drum with them? :pray:

:stirrer:

hfc rd
31-05-2013, 10:25 PM
I absolutely hope Sect 43 stay together. The atmosphere at ER is simply not going to be the same without those guys. They made Hibs games enjoyable for all. The singing, the drum, the displays, everything they done was fantastic! Like I and everyone else have said, I really hope youse stay together as the atmosphere at Hibs games ain't going to be the same but if youse do go your own ways. Then thank you very much for all that youse have done. Youse are a credit to this football club.

CallumLaidlaw
31-05-2013, 10:57 PM
Their gripe is that we were taking money off of WH so that makes us not independent. They even held up a poxy banner at the Cup Final trying to have a go. Thing is, they must feel bitter coz Sect 43 have p1shed all over them in a short period of time. We've been original with our ideas whereas they copy everyone.

It shouldn't matter what these jealous eejits think anyway. We just need to help ensure Sect 43's achievements continue especially as there is a noticeable feel good factor building up at ER nowadays and next season will be crucial.

Is that what that was all about!?!? Spent the last week trying to work that out. Saddos!

California-Hibs
01-06-2013, 05:55 AM
Please please please keep Section 43 going!!! Would be tragic if this proud group were to no longer continue! Still trying to work out what has actually happened to cause all this talk of there no longer being Sec 43?

bigwheel
01-06-2013, 07:28 AM
Sect 43 have been a breath of fresh air...it's brought some vibrancy and atmosphere back to ER and the support of the team at away games. Surely that's more important than any politics around this ...keep it going guys - you are doing a grand job !

down-the-slope
01-06-2013, 07:36 AM
there are a number of things to remember. Sect43 are actually a relatively small group of mostly young guys. They have done a great job in spending time / energy and their own money to bring a bit more colour and noise to match days - and while such leadership / co-ordination is needed it only works / worked when this became infectious and spread.
there has also been money raising and help from wider support for flags / displays and the practical preparation and setting up of these.

personally having been involved with my teens / brother in setting out last two cup final displays - these have been the memorable parts of both those weekends - seeing a bunch of young lads aided by a wide range of other supporters doing something positive together.

the issue about William Hill should not even be one. I think that when they eventually agreed to give cash to the club to pass on to a fans group a they saw fit with out control then it should not be missed that this shows the way that Sect43 have built a relationship of trust and cooperation with management (Gary O'Hagan in particular)

As long as those 'paying the piper' DONT call the tune then there is no issue - and a good decision was made to pass monies already raised to Hibs related causes - why should big business not give back to supporters? That said its also good to have opportunity to raise money from wider support to aid the sense of unity in making us stronger.

There is still a way to go to make ER regularly noisy and colourfull - there are a good number who have moved / bought new seats in 43 & 42/44 for the coming season, so I don't see things falling away if we don't let it. Yes as stated co-ordination and a bit of leadership is required - im sure like most when the pre-season starts and a Euro draw come around the differences will have been sorted out and we will all be there hoping / expecting....SUPPORTING

NadeAteMyLunch!
01-06-2013, 09:17 AM
Would be a real shame if things were to stop, without repeating others too much, a lot of good work has gone on the past couple of seasons. Please don't take any notice of The Green Brigade if there's any truth in those rumours. They are a hilarious bunch of clowns that can't even spell the name of their club correctly on banners. As far as I'm aware, as a group of fans we managed to raise all the money required for our display(biggest at Hampden), if you are then offered money from a BOOKIE of all people, why shouldn't that money be accepted and then passed on to charities(which is effectively what happened). Equally hilarious is the kickback thread that was started within 5 mins of this one. We've had them on the ropes all season, out singing them and out thinking them at every turn. We even managed to massively out sing them at their 'cup final winners party' at ER in Aug(still cringe for them at how poor their support was that day in the circumstances). They would be desperate to see all the hard work come undone. Hopefully the summer break does both the players and support some good, and were all back bigger and stronger next season.